Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Jedi: General Discussion

+74
Krafty
Macha Ren
LadyHa
Blackcanary
Night Huntress
FrolickingFizzgig
cnunn
MrsWindu
Marie Ren
Armadeus
bashfulblueeyes3
Xylo Ren
Geralt_Riv
Millicent the Cat
tukicarreno
BenOrgana
adamdrivershair
Moonlight13
TheLastJedi
Kessel
darthbutterfingers
Saracene
Darth_Awakened
IoJovi
snufkin
motherofpearl1
BigDeal2187
reylo1992
Piper Maru
vaderito
tintarelladiluna
Reylo Lemon
Kylo Men
rey09
MeadowofAshes
SoloSideCousin
Cowgirlsamurai
Rei of Sunshine
DarthRen
Darth Dementor
SanghaRen
ISeeAnIsland
fuhry
ZioRen
Lucina
Kyla Ren
Birdwoman
Angel Of Iego
jakkusun
ReyofLightSide
Lily Snape
kroi
Acritiqua
Moonjump05
MoonFyre
soulluos
nemapasara
EchoBase
shii405
Tex
MindAndMagic
SheLitAFire
guardienne
Gemini
SkyStar
Helix
Mana
spacebaby45678
Irina de France
Rimfaxe96
Rogue Rey
CienaRee
panki
Darth Dingbat
78 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Last Jedi: General Discussion - Page 30 Empty Re: The Last Jedi: General Discussion

Post by IoJovi Mon 28 Aug 2017, 6:26 pm

Helix wrote:New Rey image from Yahoo movies.

The Last Jedi: General Discussion - Page 30 DIWjXiqUQAAjAjn
@Helix

Are those rain clouds I see? Laughing
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The Last Jedi: General Discussion - Page 30 Empty Re: The Last Jedi: General Discussion

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Mon 28 Aug 2017, 6:27 pm

@Helix

Is she looking at her vest and bag on the ground there?
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Mon 28 Aug 2017, 6:30 pm

IoJovi wrote:

@Helix

Are those rain clouds I see? Laughing
@IoJovi

I WANT HER COSTUME. IT'S SUPER PRETTY
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu Mon 28 Aug 2017, 6:53 pm

@Helix

She cuts a very solitary figure
MrsWindu
MrsWindu
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Mon 28 Aug 2017, 6:57 pm

Leia definitely took her to the shopping mall planet to hit the Lululemon and prAna outlets. Hell, that image could be in the latest Title Nine catalog where they have "real women" modeling their outdoors and workout wear with a bio on the sidebar. Rey's questionnaire would mention factoids like "Go to meal: portions."
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes Mon 28 Aug 2017, 8:00 pm

@Helix

*looks around* Am I going to be that guy? No one else? Okay, I will.

That's no moon. That's Rey's booty. In a positive "Kylo's villainous plans are screwed" kind of way.

MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Mon 28 Aug 2017, 8:10 pm

MeadowofAshes wrote:

@Helix

That's no moon. That's Rey's booty. In a positive "Kylo's villainous plans are screwed" kind of way.
@MeadowofAshes

No, it's not just you. I couldn't stop staring either.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Millicent the Cat Mon 28 Aug 2017, 9:16 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
MeadowofAshes wrote:

@Helix

@MeadowofAshes

@ISeeAnIsland

#bootygate
Millicent the Cat
Millicent the Cat
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Tue 29 Aug 2017, 2:08 am

Millicent the Cat wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:
MeadowofAshes wrote:

@Helix

@MeadowofAshes

@ISeeAnIsland

#bootygate
@Millicent the Cat

He's so screwed lol!
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Tue 29 Aug 2017, 2:22 am

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
MeadowofAshes wrote:

@Helix

@MeadowofAshes

@ISeeAnIsland

LOL

Same here.

We're indeed becoming dirty Reylos.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Tue 29 Aug 2017, 8:09 am

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
Saracene wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
Irina de France wrote:@FrolickingFizzgig I'm at a point where I physically cringe whenever I read the words "strong female character", because I know I'm about to read a big bucket of BS. Honestly, nowadays, it seems like there's only three categories when it comes to female characters:

1. The emotionless bad*** (Black Widow)
2. The sidekick who's so much more competent than the hero to the point you wonder why she isn't the heroine (Hermione Grainger)
3. The damsel in distress (Princess Peach)

And frankly, a lot of people, no matter what their gender is, can't seem to think of female characters outside of those boxes.

And agreed with @Saracene: whenever there's a new female lead around, it's always the same comments and the lady ends up being quickly forgotten. I think the only female driven movies from the 2010s that are really going to leave their mark are Wonder Woman and MAYBE the ST (if they don't mess it up with Rey). But that's precisely because they did a lucky finger to the Strong Female Character brand and did their own thing. And it worked.
@Irina de France
I think I have less of a problem with modern female characters because what is perceived as a problem in big-franchise movies is not actually a problem in a lot of entertainment. To me, blockbusters (and if we're being honest movies in general) are always going to be synonymous with "short, underdeveloped potential". Don't get me wrong, I love movies, but I gravitate toward books, shows and video games much more readily because they occupy my time, energy and attention by delivering something movies can't: length. Length generally leads to more fleshed characters with better character development, bigger and better world building, etc. I'm pretty tolerant of simpler characters in films because it's to be expected when you only have an hour and a half to two hours to tell a story. I also find that the "strong FEMALE character" headache-inducing cliches appear a lot less in fiction that is targeted at either kids.
@FrolickingFizzgig

Funny you say that; I was thinking about an earlier comment about having female characters to look up to when a child, and to me movies never really were that important until late teens maybe. For me entertainment and escapism until then was all about books and later TV series, and I never felt like there was this big lack of great female characters in either medium.
@Saracene
Definitely. A lot of it might boil down to film being such a succinct storytelling medium. I've always found a greater variety of characters I love in books/TV/games in comparison to movies. Movies can be nice because they're short and sweet, but that's never really been my style (though I do love them artistically). I don't find that books, etc. are bound by the same limits as movies, so-to-speak. And that makes sense. A writer doesn't need a billion dollar budget to write an epic 5+ book series. Similarly you'll have trouble finding a fantasy video game that runs less than 60 hours. Really, as a consumer, I've become drawn to games lately because I tend to look at them as the artistic medium of my generation, a unique combination of music, visuals and storytelling with direct interactivity.
@FrolickingFizzgig

This makes me think of Marvel movies and mostly the Thor films. The first one treated it's female cast pretty decently; we had a strong female in Sif and Jane Foster had so much potential - she was supposedly a genius and played by a fine actress who later won an Oscar. Then Thor 2...ugh.

Sif had five minutes and Jane was reduced to a terrible role as the 'female in need of rescuing'- bad enough but this was reportedly because Natalie Portman objected to the sacking of Patti Jenkins as director, ironically the same director who has made Wonder Woman a tremendous success. Even worse, Thor 2 came across as a bad teen comedy rather than a fantasy epic, which it should have been. I hoped the third movie would maybe redeem Foster and finally give us the 'Asgardian god' epic the franchise deserves but...no. Foster is written out off screen -lazy storytelling once again- and the new director seems more interested in directing GotG part 3 than Thor 3.So far, Jeff Goldblum's character looks like The Collector, Hulk bears more than a passing resemblance to Drax and the new heroine looks and acts like Gamora.

Marvel have had some of the finest female characters in comic books but the movies seem reluctant to use them, apart from Black Widow. Which is why TFA is such a refreshing change; a strong female who isn't a cliche, a sympathetic villain turned hero and a marvellous villain/antihero who might very well end up the most fascinating SW character of all time.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Tue 29 Aug 2017, 11:05 am

Darth_Awakened wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:
MeadowofAshes wrote:

@Helix

@MeadowofAshes

@ISeeAnIsland

LOL

Same here.

We're indeed becoming dirty Reylos.
@Darth_Awakened

if Kylo could only moon us and Rey like Jon Snow on Sunday. As someone pointed out on another forum, Jon's bum's more well rounded than the show's writing. lol!
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Tue 29 Aug 2017, 11:12 am

Phew!
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Aug 2017, 2:13 pm

BB-8 meets BB-9E on the "Find the Force" app. You can hear the sounds of both droids.

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Tue 29 Aug 2017, 2:16 pm

is BB-9E Kylo's or not? I want Kylo to have a cute evil droid.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix Tue 29 Aug 2017, 2:29 pm

vaderito wrote:is BB-9E Kylo's or not? I want Kylo to have a cute evil droid.
@vaderito

BB-9E ("BB-H8")
The First Order benefits from the latest in technology across all its activities. This includes having dark, gleaming BB astromech units of their own that keep their starships and machinery operational.

The description doesn't mention anything about that.
Helix
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Tue 29 Aug 2017, 2:32 pm

WhatGirl wrote:BB-8 meets BB-9E on the "Find the Force" app. You can hear the sounds of both droids.

@WhatGirl

I ship it!!!

(God, I hope that BB-9E is Kylo's droid...)
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Tue 29 Aug 2017, 2:32 pm

Helix wrote:
vaderito wrote:is BB-9E Kylo's or not? I want Kylo to have a cute evil droid.
@vaderito

BB-9E ("BB-H8")
The First Order benefits from the latest in technology across all its activities. This includes having dark, gleaming BB astromech units of their own that keep their starships and machinery operational.

The description doesn't mention anything about that.
@Helix

he is with Kylo and his Silencer in the Lego set. Cute af two of them. Very Happy
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix Tue 29 Aug 2017, 2:39 pm

Could just be a marketing thing. I feel like they would mention it being Kylo's ala

'BB-8
Brave and loyal BB-8 continues his service to Poe Dameron, but also is a good friend and resourceful ally to Finn and Rose during their mission to thwart the First Order.'

I think it might just be there to symbolize that BB-9E's probably help fix the ship since it doesn't seem to require a droid to pilot/ have a droid socket.
Helix
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Aug 2017, 2:40 pm

There's also this:

The Last Jedi: General Discussion - Page 30 Acquir10

Kylo tells Rey he doesn't need to acquire a droid for himself. That's because he is happy with the one he already has: BB-9E. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix Tue 29 Aug 2017, 2:46 pm

or he isn't a droid guy. I dunno, he doesn't strike me as someone who would want one aside from necessity and the little things. Another stark comparison from him and someone like Poe, who values BB-8 as a companion and not just a tool.

I think the BB-9E's are there to be a comparison to the crappy Resistance ones. To show the same sort of divide in tech.

2BB-2 ("Blue BB Character")
Rolling about the hangar bays of outposts and capital ships, or snug in the astromech sockets of X-wing fighters, BB units work tirelessly to keep the weapons and vessels of the Resistance in top combat condition.
Helix
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Tue 29 Aug 2017, 3:14 pm

Helix wrote:or he isn't a droid guy.
@Helix

Like Han. he was totally not a droid guy. Very Happy

vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rimfaxe96 Tue 29 Aug 2017, 3:21 pm

Maria Antonietta wrote:
IoJovi wrote:

@Helix

Are those rain clouds I see?  Laughing
@IoJovi

I WANT HER COSTUME. IT'S SUPER PRETTY
@Maria Antonietta

Right? I can't wait for ANOVOS to release it after TLJ comes to the theaters. Already waiting for them to send me her Jakku outfit (expensive, but so worth it for a screen accurate costume with more comfort than a plastic bag -  and soon ready to be shipped to me!). Not liking her other dark grey Jedi outfit though.

Not seeing the booty either tbh. Honestly, the only places all her fitness work becomes visible to me are her lower thigh muscles and around her shoulders. Confus
Rimfaxe96
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Wed 30 Aug 2017, 1:09 am

Wasn't sure exactly where to post it - it's Hungarian Magazine cover Luke

- I don't think I saw a pic before
- He's looking the same as on many pics before - menacing and troubled as hell (look at the fists - I reckon this is the new Skywalker trade mark lol)
- And he's in his rain gear

The Last Jedi: General Discussion - Page 30 0GdULSoBtZH9vk9KC-kkho2yQmz-qds4aM-LZb4JCFU
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar Wed 30 Aug 2017, 1:16 am

Darth_Awakened wrote:Wasn't sure exactly where to post it - it's Hungarian Magazine cover Luke

- I don't think I saw a pic before
- He's looking the same as on many pics before - menacing and troubled as hell (look at the fists - I reckon this is the new Skywalker trade mark lol)
- And he's in his rain gear

The Last Jedi: General Discussion - Page 30 0GdULSoBtZH9vk9KC-kkho2yQmz-qds4aM-LZb4JCFU
@Darth_Awakened

Also the hair looks similar to Kylo Very Happy
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next