Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Rey Kenobi Files

+49
ZioRen
Darth Rowan
Starliteprism
adamdrivershair
MyOnlyHope
FrolickingFizzgig
RosiePancake
Moonlight13
Darth Dingbat
MrsWindu
gwendy85
bashfulblueeyes3
salmund
Casper
Little_Boots
reylo1992
ReyofLightSide
Kylo Men
TheBastardofMandalore
Gemini
snufkin
Geralt_Riv
MeadowofAshes
ISeeAnIsland
fuhry
BigDeal2187
TheLastJedi
IoJovi
Rimfaxe96
nemapasara
SheLitAFire
Cowgirlsamurai
AceofWands
DarthRen
Blood Moon
motherofpearl1
kroi
spacebaby45678
Acritiqua
vaderito
Maria26
SkyStar
Kyla Ren
Pyro Nebula
Reylo Lemon
LastCrusadeLeft
Hasi
Sylvia Snow
Piper Maru
53 posters

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 11 Empty Re: The Rey Kenobi Files

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Wed 19 Apr 2017, 11:21 am

https://www.thrillist.com/entertainment/nation/rey-star-wars-parents-last-jedi-theory-obi-wan-kenobi

^^^ I've never seen that Pablo quote about Rey's lineage being important before. Maybe he just means it's important to know that they're dark siders, politicians, or prominent rebels, etc. I can't see them spending too much time in the upcoming films delving into the story of Rey's parents, so it has to be a simple explanation like that. I so want Rey to be a Kenobi!
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar Wed 19 Apr 2017, 12:02 pm

When Josh said "No to that one" about Rey Skywalker, I honestly thought is this it? Is this the debunk? Because I did not expect them so openly address that.

The cheer for the Kenobi was such an amazing moment. Perhaps they wanted more people to research on that? Wink
I rewatched PT a few months ago and honestly, I thought there are many similarities how Rey and Obi carry themselves - with the facial expressions etc. I love that quote about Kenobi being "window onto a sunlit meadow of the Force". That was the warm and genuine expression that I got from both of them that nobody else shared.  
I agree with those who say she is the Kenobi of the PT. By blood or not - I am not married to any theory.
Though if she is related to already known character, I would prefer it to be Kenobi.
The thing is with Obi being her grandfather is that the key would be her parents, because they would be the ones that are connected to the main story ark  - Snoke, Luke etc. The name itself won't tell the story, but her parent's doings could...

Honest trailer for TFA featured an ironic question - why everybody in the galaxy is either a Skywalker or a Solo? Well guess it is not true, because there is also a Kenobi. Cool
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Wed 19 Apr 2017, 12:18 pm

SkyStar wrote:When Josh said "No to that one" about Rey Skywalker, I honestly thought is this it? Is this the debunk? Because I did not expect them so openly address that.

The cheer for the Kenobi was such an amazing moment. Perhaps they wanted more people to research on that? Wink
I rewatched PT a few months ago and honestly, I thought there are many similarities how Rey and Obi carry themselves - with the facial expressions etc. I love that quote about Kenobi being "window onto a sunlit meadow of the Force". That was the warm and genuine expression that I got from both of them that nobody else shared.  
I agree with those who say she is the Kenobi of the PT. By blood or not - I am not married to any theory.
Though if she is related to already known character, I would prefer it to be Kenobi.
The thing is with Obi being her grandfather is that the key would be her parents, because they would be the ones that are connected to the main story ark  - Snoke, Luke etc. The name itself won't tell the story, but her parent's doings could...

Honest trailer for TFA featured an ironic question - why everybody in the galaxy is either a Skywalker or a Solo? Well guess it is not true, because there is also a Kenobi. Cool
@SkyStar

The only problem I have with the Kenobi theory is that it might take a lot to explain how she's related to Obi Wan. I don't think they could just come out with "She's Obi Wan's granddaughter!" without further details about her grandmother, and then her parents themselves (as well as how they are tied into all the business with Snoke?) Are they really going to go into all that?

When asked if the audience will find out who Rey's parents are in TLJ, Rian said it would be addressed, but I got the impression that it wouldn't be stated explicitly. Like there wouldn't be a big "Rey your parents are ____!" moment. It will probably be hinted at in flash backs? And then there might continue to be more speculation before episode 9... At this point, we don't even know if they're alive or dead.

More than anything, I want to know why Rey was left of Jakku, whether it involved her parents or not. Such a sad childhood for her.
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar Wed 19 Apr 2017, 12:26 pm

Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
SkyStar wrote:When Josh said "No to that one" about Rey Skywalker, I honestly thought is this it? Is this the debunk? Because I did not expect them so openly address that.

@SkyStar

The only problem I have with the Kenobi theory is that it might take a lot to explain how she's related to Obi Wan. I don't think they could just come out with "She's Obi Wan's granddaughter!" without further details about her grandmother, and then her parents themselves (as well as how they are tied into all the business with Snoke?) Are they really going to go into all that?

When asked if the audience will find out who Rey's parents are in TLJ, Rian said it would be addressed, but I got the impression that it wouldn't be stated explicitly. Like there wouldn't be a big "Rey your parents are ____!" moment. It will probably be hinted at in flash backs? And then there might continue to be more speculation before episode 9... At this point, we don't even know if they're alive or dead.

More than anything, I want to know why Rey was left of Jakku, whether it involved her parents or not. Such a sad childhood for her.
@Cowgirlsamurai

I agree that is quite complicated to explain it. I was more of a fan of this theory before, but lately, I don't know.
It was really sad to read how Rey is hoping for her family to return someday in Rey's survival guide. Something about that made me more sure of her being left there on purpose, not by accident or something similar.
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire Wed 19 Apr 2017, 1:05 pm

Maybe that's why they're considering making a Obi Wan stand alone movie? Just a thought I've had.

I know Daisy has said "with the revealed answer comes more questions."

And Rian in that interview on tv at Celebration when asked if the answer is revealed wavered and said "well...it depends...no I've said too much"

There is a Thor Skywalker video where he really believes the answer will be simple for the GA (probably most SW viewers), even if it's a little less satisfying for avid fans who've done their research. In one of his latest videos he's presented the argument she is of no lineage that is from the OT or PT. Granted, he's done videos for other possible lineage theories. He doesn't ignore them.
I kind of agree that he may be right, but I also think he might not be right based on Daisy's & Rian's comments (half comments, really) above ^^^. I think it may be more complicated & need explaining.

BUT we know KK said Rey's lineage/background is absolutely important.
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Wed 19 Apr 2017, 1:21 pm

SheLitAFire wrote:Maybe that's why they're considering making a Obi Wan stand alone movie? Just a thought I've had.

And Rian in that interview on tv at Celebration when asked if the answer is revealed wavered and said "well...it depends...no I've said too much"

There is a Thor Skywalker video where he really believes the answer will be simple for the GA (probably most SW viewers), even if it's a little less satisfying for avid fans who've done their research. In one of his latest videos he's presented the argument she is of no lineage that is from the OT or PT. Granted, he's done videos for other possible lineage theories. He doesn't ignore them.
I kind of agree that he may be right, but I also think he might not be right based on Daisy's & Rian's comments (half comments, really) above ^^^. I think it may be more complicated & need explaining.

@SheLitAFire

I love Thor Skywalker's videos. I like how he keeps an open mind (even acknowledging the possibility of Reylo Wink) while still doing some hardcore theorizing, but doesn't throw darts at any and all possible theories like some. I think he's right about making things simple for the GA to understand (the novels tend to go into things more deeply for the more invested fans), which is why the Kenobi thing may be a bit far fetched for my logic. It's really wishful thinking at this point, I believe. But it's still fun to wish Smile

I think it would be amazing if she turned out to be Obi's granddaughter and then all that backstory were explained in the stand alone film. That would make the next few years so exciting for me ^^
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Acritiqua Wed 19 Apr 2017, 1:30 pm

Yes, I have no idea how it would be explained in TLJ, especially if ghost Obi-Wan isn't there, or how either Rey or Luke would figure it out. Maybe Kylo would, but how would it serve the plot for him to tell her? I don't know how Rey Kenobi can work into the story/dialogue. If Rey actually knows her name as Kenobi, it would be helpful, but still, no matter which way I try to imagine the "reveal" playing out it feels unbelievable.
Acritiqua
Acritiqua
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire Wed 19 Apr 2017, 1:38 pm

Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
SheLitAFire wrote:Maybe that's why they're considering making a Obi Wan stand alone movie? Just a thought I've had.

@SheLitAFire

I love Thor Skywalker's videos. I like how he keeps an open mind (even acknowledging the possibility of Reylo Wink) while still doing some hardcore theorizing, but doesn't throw darts at any and all possible theories like some. I think he's right about making things simple for the GA to understand (the novels tend to go into things more deeply for the more invested fans), which is why the Kenobi thing may be a bit far fetched for my logic. It's really wishful thinking at this point, I believe. But it's still fun to wish Smile

I think it would be amazing if she turned out to be Obi's granddaughter and then all that backstory were explained in the stand alone film. That would make the next few years so exciting for me ^^
@Cowgirlsamurai

I agree with everything you said, completely. That's why I subscribed to his videos (I don't subscribe to anything else on yt!) and I love how he presents his theories too, great presentation style.

I think, aside from needing a lot of explanation, that having her be a Kenobi would be a lovely, I love the idea of linking a Kenobi & Skywalker together romantically.
I do like a dark lineage too. A Palpatine background. I think that's very creative if pulled off correctly (I have full faith in what RJ does).
And I've been following the Rey Prana thread, which I knew nothing about that reference until a few days ago, and find it equally intriguing.
I know a lot of people are frustrated bc the lineage question DOES get talked about so much (with the cast & just amongst fans), but I'm happy to wait it out and be intrigued for a while longer because so many theories are fascinating, creative, and have some hints (some more subtle or blatant than others). I love hearing all the theories. H-beating

In response to @Acritiqua said, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the idea that Ben is the one (and maybe only one) who knows who she is!! Maybe he read it in the archives or found out elsewhere.
I see it in two possibilities if he knows: 1. If Luke knows too but doesn't tell her & Ben shows up & tells her, oh my, she'd be pissed at Luke I bet!
or 2. If only Ben knows and still reveals it to her. For me that would be an "edge of my seat" moment.
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Wed 19 Apr 2017, 1:45 pm

@Acritiqua

It would be funny if somehow her last name is revealed as Kenobi, and then everyone looks at her with epic expressions of awe, and she's like, "What? Is that important?"

I get the feeling that she doesn't know what her family name is. Otherwise it's really weird that she goes around introducing herself as just, "Rey." I like when she tells Han and he gives her a funny smile, like he wants to ask, "Rey what?" but doesn't.

@SheLitAFire

So many amazing possibilities! I would love it if any of the ideas you mentioned make it into the movie I love you
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Acritiqua Wed 19 Apr 2017, 1:57 pm

@SheLitAFire I like it too and it would be significant to Kylo because his idol had a history with Obi-Wan, but I'm struggling with it from Rey's perspective and with trying to connect it into the story (tying it in with the awakening for instance).

Regarding Luke, would he have any reason to look for possible relatives of Obi-Wan? I guess he could have encountered some and met Rey's parents in the past. But I don't think he would then know who Rey is. So I like the Kylo idea, but Kylo telling Rey that she's the granddaughter of a Jedi Kylo's grandfather killed... I am not sure in what context he would feel it important to mention, or how it would be a bombshell that's really relevant to the central themes in the story, rather than simply being the moment when the movie fills in the blank of Rey's identity for the audience... ???
Acritiqua
Acritiqua
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore Wed 19 Apr 2017, 2:13 pm

Acritiqua wrote:If there isn't going to be an Obi-Wan movie and Obi-Wan isn't in TLJ, does it make Rey Kenobi less likely?

That said, if ghost Obi-Wan appeared he'd have to answer all these questions, and with Luke giving so much information about what's been going on and his own journey, that could end up being too much info. So ghost Obi-Wan could be saved for Episode 9.
@Acritiqua

I don't think it makes Rey Kenobi any less likely. Also, Ewan did say that there wouldn't be a "Ben Kenobi" movie (regarding his time Tatooine). But it doesn't mean we won't see him in a spinoff movie. I'm thinking there will be some sort of story that has Obi-Wan in it but not as the main character. Maybe a story about the Duchess of Mandalore and her two Jedi protectors? Ewan has hardly aged and it wouldn't take much effort for makeup artists to make Ewan look like young Obi-Wan again. Also, everything is still very tight lipped right now surrounding The Last Jedi. If Rey is a Kenobi then anything pertaining to her heritage is going to be kept as secret as possible so it will be a big surprise to the audience.
TheBastardofMandalore
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Wed 19 Apr 2017, 5:12 pm

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 11 Tumblr_o44dgrPLJP1vo8f7so2_540
The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 11 Tumblr_o44dgrPLJP1vo8f7so3_540
The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 11 Tumblr_o44dgrPLJP1vo8f7so1_540

Source broken-lightsaber
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore Wed 19 Apr 2017, 10:29 pm

Okay, so this thoery, as to how Rey ended up on Jakku, has been bouncing around in my head for a while. I've hesitated posting this but I've been slightly encouraged by the following concept art. It's concept art of what I assume is for Rebels season 4 and has been featured prominently in the Mando heavy episodes of Rebels Recon. I like to call it the "Mythosaur's Keep". It looks like a cave full of battling Mandos and a...Mythosaur? See my avatar for comparison. For those who don't know, the Mythosaur is the symbol of the Mandalor or ruler and very sacred to the Mando people.
The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 11 Img_1427

Anyway, Rey has said in her journal that her abandonment on Jakku was an accident. Maybe her kidnapping was collateral damage so to speak. If Rey is a Kenobi via Satine/Mando heritage and Korkie acquires one of these creatures then maybe Rey was lost during an attempt to steal the beast from the royal family. We know that King Prana is an avid collector of dangerous and expensive creatures for his private zoo. Could Prana be responsible for Rey's predicament?
TheBastardofMandalore
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Wed 19 Apr 2017, 11:14 pm

TheBastardofMandalore wrote:Okay, so this thoery, as to how Rey ended up on Jakku, has been bouncing around in my head for a while. I've hesitated posting this but I've been slightly encouraged by the following concept art. It's concept art of what I assume is for Rebels season 4 and has been featured prominently in the Mando heavy episodes of Rebels Recon. I like to call it the "Mythosaur's Keep". It looks like a cave full of battling Mandos and a...Mythosaur? See my avatar for comparison. For those who don't know, the Mythosaur is the symbol of the Mandalor or ruler and very sacred to the Mando people.

Anyway, Rey has said in her journal that her abandonment on Jakku was an accident. Maybe her kidnapping was collateral damage so to speak. If Rey is a Kenobi via Satine/Mando heritage and Korkie acquires one of these creatures then maybe Rey was lost during an attempt to steal the beast from the royal family. We know that King Prana is an avid collector of dangerous and expensive creatures for his private zoo. Could Prana be responsible for Rey's predicament?
@TheBastardofMandalore

Whoa! This is an incredible theory..it would tie in that loose end scene about the Rathar's in TFA... and that scene was a call back/parallel to Satine in TCW... honestly having Rey be a descendant of Satine/Mando is an incredible opportunity for ST to broaden the story and Star Wars Lore, I would pay anything to see a Mythosaur on screen...

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 11 Giphy
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria26 Thu 20 Apr 2017, 4:55 am

Cowgirlsamurai wrote:

@SkyStar

@Cowgirlsamurai

^^That'd be the all point of having a Obi Wan spin-off movie. Taht's why people are so earger to hear if it's gonna happen or not in July. If it does happen, they don't have to further on that in episode 8 or 9 as much as they would have to if the spin-off wasn't happening.
Maria26
Maria26
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by fuhry Thu 20 Apr 2017, 9:28 am

TheBastardofMandalore wrote:Okay, so this thoery, as to how Rey ended up on Jakku, has been bouncing around in my head for a while. I've hesitated posting this but I've been slightly encouraged by the following concept art. It's concept art of what I assume is for Rebels season 4 and has been featured prominently in the Mando heavy episodes of Rebels Recon. I like to call it the "Mythosaur's Keep". It looks like a cave full of battling Mandos and a...Mythosaur? See my avatar for comparison. For those who don't know, the Mythosaur is the symbol of the Mandalor or ruler and very sacred to the Mando people.

@TheBastardofMandalore

This is awesome. I really feel that the creation of the Rey's parentage mystery box points to her being an Anastasia type of orphan with an important heritage that will be revealed. Besides the Skywalker heritage, the new canon of the animated series' really delves into Mandalore quite a bit. And it fits in because heritage is very important to the Mandalorians. There is also a history of intrigue which makes the idea of Rey being left alone on a planet feasible. There's even a Mandalorian custom of doing that on purpose.

Some say that they would never introduce something in the movies that will require familiarity with The Clone Wars or Rebels series, and I think that's true. But I think if they introduce it in a dramatic way, we won't need much information to advance the story. People can then hit the animated series' for background if they want to.

That would make sense to tie it in to the scene with the Rathtars. I've also wondered if Han had something to do with her abandonment as part of a job he was doing. But I don't know if that fits the timeline.
fuhry
fuhry
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Thu 20 Apr 2017, 4:55 pm

This is the story being told right now, this is the plot right now.

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 11 Tumblr_o9kazzYojV1vqwap8o1_540

“I feel it again. The pull to the light.”

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 11 Tumblr_inline_ooq9xxAQSt1ujgfpb_540

“The light. It’s always been there. It will guide you.”

When this reveal happens I am gonna be a big heap of

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 11 Giphy
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Hasi Fri 21 Apr 2017, 10:33 am

^ I've never been really interested in knowing who Rey's parents are and I'm just waiting to see what the movies say but honestly when it comes to Rey being Obi Wan's granddaughter...I know I sound like a broken record but no one in TFA knows who Rey is, everyone asks her name or who she is, Luke clearly has never met her and both JJ and Daisy confirmed this...Luke obviously doesn't know who she is, same for Finn, Han, Maz...and yet Obi Wan is the only one who knows her name and talk to her in the Force Vision. Is it just because he's a Force Ghost? And given the fact that this trilogy shows Kylo interacting with his grandfather mask, they do want a connection between this new character and his past legacy. With Obi Wan being brought up only in that moment with Rey and with her being the only one who shares all these parallels with him throughout the movie it's so hard to think that there's not something more.#help
Hasi
Hasi
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Acritiqua Fri 21 Apr 2017, 11:01 am

I know. Rey Kenobi is sheer perfection.
Acritiqua
Acritiqua
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Fri 21 Apr 2017, 11:39 am

Hasi wrote:^ I've never been really interested in knowing who Rey's parents are and I'm just waiting to see what the movies say but honestly when it comes to Rey being Obi Wan's granddaughter...I know I sound like a broken record but no one in TFA knows who Rey is, everyone asks her name or who she is, Luke clearly has never met her and both JJ and Daisy confirmed this...Luke obviously doesn't know who she is, same for Finn, Han, Maz...and yet Obi Wan is the only one who knows her name and talk to her in the Force Vision. Is it just because he's a Force Ghost? And given the fact that this trilogy shows Kylo interacting with his grandfather mask, they do want a connection between this new character and his past legacy. With Obi Wan being brought up only in that moment with Rey and with her being the only one who shares all these parallels with him throughout the movie it's so hard to think that there's not something more.#help
@Hasi

I know. I think it would make sooo much sense,  but I don't know how it would be executed. I won't be disappointed if she doesn't turn out to be Obi Wan's, but it would fit so well ^^
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Hasi Fri 21 Apr 2017, 12:25 pm

@Cowgirlsamurai Same, I do love Rey already so her being a Kenobi or not wouldn't change my view on her, but as everyone pointed out it would be very poetic and meaningful, also for the whole "Where there is Kenobi...". The Skywalker legacy is obviously present in this trilogy, but right now the Kenobi are missing (unless Rey is in fact a Kenobi), and  it's kind of hard to believe that from now on Obi Wan will only be present as a far away voice in some vision given his importance..   but who knows? There's also an old interview from Daisy before TFA came out, they asked her about her family/origin and she answered:“I’m not sure how much I can say. I guess because I’ve said that I’m solitary, and that’s how I begin, that is probably a big clue as to what i​t is.” When it comes to characters that we first meet being solitary Obi Wan/Old Ben is the first answer that pops into your head, coupled with living in a desert and rescuing a droid that has to reach the Resistance and carries something about a Skywalker...but who knows?
Hasi
Hasi
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Acritiqua Fri 21 Apr 2017, 1:11 pm

The execution is indeed where I can't put it together...
Acritiqua
Acritiqua
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by fuhry Fri 21 Apr 2017, 2:06 pm

Regarding execution, all they have to do is have a new character that's essential to the plot and who also has knowledge of and connection with her origin. Benicio Del Toro could be that character, or Laura Dern. Heck, even Phasma might be the one who knows.

For instance, let's say she's the descendant of Obi-wan and Satine and perhaps some other Mandalorian family. A Mandalorian character, who knows about her, who's looking for her, because she's important to unifying the Mandalorian people as an ally to the resistance, might find her, and tell her.

For example, let's say Rey and Luke make it off Atch-To, and Rey gets into some trouble, and then gets rescued (sort of against her will) by a bunch of Mandalorians. Luke follows close behind and bursts in. There is a standoff.

Mandalorian Leader: Luke Skywalker, I presume.
Luke: Who are you?
Mandalorian Leader: My name is Korkian Kryze. Tell me master Skywalker, did Obi-wan ever tell you about the chlid he fathered with the Duchess Satine of Mandalore?
Luke: That's impossible. The Jedi were forbidden to have children.
Mandalorian: Search your feelings, Jedi. It was kept a secret to preserve Kenobi's standing with the Jedi - one of many compromises that brought down the old Republic.
Luke: What do you want with Rey?
Mandalorian: She's my daughter... and heir to the Mandalorian throne.

(First Order Bursts in, and on with the adventure)

See, they don't have to explain all the details about it. They don't have to explain anything other than where she comes from and why she's important. And that's true no matter what her lineage is, if her lineage is important, which they've already admitted it is. If she's Luke's daughter, someone has to say that in the movie. If Luke doesn't know about her, then someone else has to come along and tell them.
fuhry
fuhry
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Acritiqua Fri 21 Apr 2017, 2:53 pm

I was thinking something along the lines of

- Ghost Obi-Wan appears to Rey. When she asks who he is, he tells her he's her grandfather. I guess it's a long story, how that happened. Obi-Wan can tell it from his ghostly point of view.
- Rey has a vision and is shocked, and then rushes off to Luke and blurts out, "You knew my parents!"
- Kylo shows up and asks Rey if either Luke or Leia told her they knew her parents. Did they tell her what happened to them?
- Luke tells Rey that he knew her parents, that he has known about her for awhile, but he didn't know where she was.
- Snoke taunts Rey about how he was behind the death of her family and killed at least one of her parents personally, and how years later he sent the KOR to destroy the rest of their clan.
- Rey actually knows her last name. She's "classified, big secret."

Basically something that begins in the story out of relationships between the characters and somehow ties into the story with Snoke.

It might work best if Luke knew her parents and had something to do with what happened to them (or knows something). If ghost Obi-Wan isn't in the movie, perhaps he isn't appearing to Luke these days as Luke has veered off on a path he doesn't approve of. Luke could present it in terms of why it's significant to him, in that Rey is the granddaughter of someone who had been instrumental in teaching him about the Force, and that their families have a long history.

I think it would be best to leave out as many details as possible. For instance in the original trilogy, no one told Luke the name of his mother, and it seemed to work fine.
Acritiqua
Acritiqua
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Fri 21 Apr 2017, 3:13 pm

fuhry wrote:Regarding execution, all they have to do is have a new character that's essential to the plot and who also has knowledge of and connection with her origin. Benicio Del Toro could be that character, or Laura Dern. Heck, even Phasma might be the one who knows.

For instance, let's say she's the descendant of Obi-wan and Satine and perhaps some other Mandalorian family. A Mandalorian character, who knows about her, who's looking for her, because she's important to unifying the Mandalorian people as an ally to the resistance, might find her, and tell her.

For example, let's say Rey and Luke make it off Atch-To, and Rey gets into some trouble, and then gets rescued (sort of against her will) by a bunch of Mandalorians. Luke follows close behind and bursts in. There is a standoff.

Mandalorian Leader: Luke Skywalker, I presume.
Luke: Who are you?
Mandalorian Leader: My name is Korkian Kryze. Tell me master Skywalker, did Obi-wan ever tell you about the chlid he fathered with the Duchess Satine of Mandalore?
Luke: That's impossible. The Jedi were forbidden to have children.
Mandalorian: Search your feelings, Jedi. It was kept a secret to preserve Kenobi's standing with the Jedi - one of many compromises that brought down the old Republic.
Luke: What do you want with Rey?
Mandalorian: She's my daughter... and heir to the Mandalorian throne.

(First Order Bursts in, and on with the adventure)

See, they don't have to explain all the details about it. They don't have to explain anything other than where she comes from and why she's important. And that's true no matter what her lineage is, if her lineage is important, which they've already admitted it is. If she's Luke's daughter, someone has to say that in the movie. If Luke doesn't know about her, then someone else has to come along and tell them.
@fuhry

Well said.
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next