Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Rey Kenobi Files

+49
ZioRen
Darth Rowan
Starliteprism
adamdrivershair
MyOnlyHope
FrolickingFizzgig
RosiePancake
Moonlight13
Darth Dingbat
MrsWindu
gwendy85
bashfulblueeyes3
salmund
Casper
Little_Boots
reylo1992
ReyofLightSide
Kylo Men
TheBastardofMandalore
Gemini
snufkin
Geralt_Riv
MeadowofAshes
ISeeAnIsland
fuhry
BigDeal2187
TheLastJedi
IoJovi
Rimfaxe96
nemapasara
SheLitAFire
Cowgirlsamurai
AceofWands
DarthRen
Blood Moon
motherofpearl1
kroi
spacebaby45678
Acritiqua
vaderito
Maria26
SkyStar
Kyla Ren
Pyro Nebula
Reylo Lemon
LastCrusadeLeft
Hasi
Sylvia Snow
Piper Maru
53 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Rey Kenobi Files Empty The Rey Kenobi Files

Post by Piper Maru Sat 04 Feb 2017, 8:24 am

As I said previously, the fight scene is the most important scene of the movie because it makes clear that Rey and Kylo Ren are the relationship that will move the plot forward. I also see the clear "bond" between them in the choreography of the fight, the red and blue becoming purple when they cross their sabers, etc. It's also a clear nod to the climax fights from the OT and the PT -- and the majority of them involved Obi-Wan and Anakin/Darth Vader.

I just don't like to create expectations over theories. We never know what the writers might pull.
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The Rey Kenobi Files Empty Re: The Rey Kenobi Files

Post by Sylvia Snow Sat 04 Feb 2017, 1:26 pm

The Rey Kenobi Files Img_9210
Sylvia Snow
Sylvia Snow
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Hasi Sat 04 Feb 2017, 5:19 pm

spacebaby45678 wrote:
I’ve been wondering about Obi-Wan using Rey’s name since learning about them using Alec Guinness’ voice for tfa.

Let’s take a look at all characters who (somehow) interact with Rey in tfa and their (initial) reaction to who she is:

Finn: [My name is] “Finn, what’s yours?”

Han: “You got a name?”

Kylo Ren: “What girl?”

Maz: “Who’s the girl?”

Obi-Wan Kenobi [subtitles]: “Rey?”

Leia: “Han told me about the girl.”

Luke [script]:  He doesn’t need to ask her who she is, or what she’s doing here.

So the only two characters who don’t need to ask her who she is are Luke and Obi-Wan and the only character who USES Rey’s name WITHOUT EVEN ASKING HER ABOUT IT is Obi-Wan! This is important - there is no denying it!

I know, it’s just a vision. But names ARE a big deal in tfa. Finn has none to begin with and is later named by Poe. Ben changed his name to Kylo Ren.

That interrogation mark suggests that Obi-Wan somehow suddenly recognizes Rey’s presence WITHIN the Force (vision). That chapter of the movie is even called “Visions in the Force”. IN the force.

Finn and Han just ask Rey about her name whereas Maz and Leia at least get the feeling that there is something special about her concerning the ways of the Force. (Concerning Kylo’s initial reaction I think he only knows about “a girl” from a vision he had himself but that’s just my opinion.)

Think about it - the general audience was NOT supposed to recognize the complexity of the Force vision’s background noises at once (not to mention the subtitles or the script) but only after some time has passed!

It’s meant to be a slow process. It’s perfect!
@spacebaby45678

Yeah that was my first thought after learning about Obi Wan's voice being in the vision, how does he know her name and why he's the one saying it? That and Daisy "solitary" comment is why I still think that Rey might be a Kenobi. Also, another random thought I had at the time, if she is revealed to be a Kenobi there would be another parallel with Kylo: Kylo talks to his grandfather's mask asking him for guidance, Rey hears her grandfather's voice guiding her in the Force vision.
Hasi
Hasi
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Mon 06 Feb 2017, 2:29 am

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by LastCrusadeLeft Mon 06 Feb 2017, 4:06 am

It would be hilarious if it turns out that the only main character whose name we thought to be certain (Finn and Kylo both having pseudonyms) turns out to be fake. Very Happy
But I think when you're old enough to keep your hairstyle the way it is for all these years you would also remember your correct name.
Besides, just imagine all this merchandising with her name on it and the trouble of fragmenting Alec Guinness words only to reveal that it wasn't her REAL name after all? Nah!

Speaking of Rey's hairstyle: I think it's the most telling piece of her past until now. When I was 5 or even 8 years old my mother would braid my hair the way she braided hers and I loved it! Whoever gave her the three buns - he/she did it not just once! And that means she has been loved. Crying or Very sad
LastCrusadeLeft
LastCrusadeLeft
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Mon 06 Feb 2017, 8:23 am

LastCrusadeLeft wrote:It would be hilarious if it turns out that the only main character whose name we thought to be certain (Finn and Kylo both having pseudonyms) turns out to be fake. Very Happy
But I think when you're old enough to keep your hairstyle the way it is for all these years you would also remember your correct name.
Besides, just imagine all this merchandising with her name on it and the trouble of fragmenting Alec Guinness words only to reveal that it wasn't her REAL name after all? Nah!

Speaking of Rey's hairstyle: I think it's the most telling piece of her past until now. When I was 5 or even 8 years old my mother would braid my hair the way she braided hers and I loved it! Whoever gave her the three buns - he/she did it not just once! And that means she has been loved. Crying or Very sad
@LastCrusadeLeft

That is such a great insight. I too think Rey was loved... she has memories of being warm. By the way welcome!
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Mon 06 Feb 2017, 9:13 am

If LF had the guts to write Han as a Drunk space cowboy, then I think they would have the guts to have Obi wan father a child

"Han Solo Was a Down-and-Out Drunk Space Cowboy
Early concepts for old Han Solo incorporated a more Sergio Leone-style Western look, with a long duster jacket, combed-back hair, and a beard.

Kira and Sam would originally first encounter a down-and-out Han Solo on a planet they were calling “Crime City.” Concept art shows Solo drunk at a table in a seedy bar in the moment we would have first met the character in this film.
"
http://www.slashfilm.com/force-awakens-changes/3/
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Mon 06 Feb 2017, 9:28 am

The Rey Kenobi Files Tumblr_ohy96noc9G1viy21jo1_1280
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Mon 06 Feb 2017, 11:46 am

Drunk space cowboy?!

The Rey Kenobi Files Cb-horse

Still kinda hoping this happens with Luke.

And the hair detail is just one of the saddest little details in that movie. Once they show her as a child, you realize how that's part of the length she'll go to in holding on to the belief that somebody's coming back for her.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by LastCrusadeLeft Mon 06 Feb 2017, 1:37 pm

spacebaby45678 wrote:
LastCrusadeLeft wrote:It would be hilarious if it turns out that the only main character whose name we thought to be certain (Finn and Kylo both having pseudonyms) turns out to be fake. Very Happy

@LastCrusadeLeft

That is such a great insight. I too think Rey was loved... she has memories of being warm. By the way welcome!
@spacebaby45678

Thank you!

I know the three buns are somewhat iconic now but I really hope they are going to use Rey changing her hairstyle to illustrate her coming of age.

The Rey Kenobi Files Giphy10

The Rey Kenobi Files Garnet%20Dagger%20haircut%20FFIX
LastCrusadeLeft
LastCrusadeLeft
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore Mon 06 Feb 2017, 5:05 pm

@LastCrusadeLeft
Great point about Rey's hairstyle. It's such a simple thing but reveals so much about her and the hope she's holding onto.

Oh, and welcome btw. Very Happy
TheBastardofMandalore
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Thu 09 Feb 2017, 12:59 am

spacebaby45678 wrote:The Rey Kenobi Files Tumblr_okemr3DcsM1v3o2r3o1_500

The Red String of Fate (simplified Chinese: 姻缘红线; traditional Chinese: 姻緣紅線; pinyin: Yīnyuán hóngxiàn), also referred to as the Red String of Marriage, and other variants, is an East Asian belief originating from Chinese legend. According to this myth, the gods tie an invisible red cord around the ankles of those that are destined to meet one another in a certain situation or help each other in a certain way. Often, in Japanese culture, it is thought to be tied around the little finger. According to Chinese legend, the deity in charge of "the red thread" is believed to be Yuè Xià Lǎorén (月下老人), often abbreviated to Yuè Lǎo (月老), the old lunar matchmaker god, who is in charge of marriages.

The two people connected by the red thread are destined lovers, regardless of place, time, or circumstances. This magical cord may stretch or tangle, but never break. This myth is similar to the Western concept of soulmate or a destined flame.
@spacebaby45678

The Rey Kenobi Files Tumblr_inline_ol2ss1Tb941u1lclt_540

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Thu 09 Feb 2017, 2:03 am

The Rey Kenobi Files 2Q==

It was Obi & Anakin whose destiny/fates where intertwined, to me this is one of John Williams best. The Duel of Fates... this time we are going to get a happier ending... I can't wait to hear what John William writes for EP8 & 9

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by LastCrusadeLeft Thu 09 Feb 2017, 2:14 am

spacebaby45678 wrote:
spacebaby45678 wrote:The Rey Kenobi Files Tumblr_okemr3DcsM1v3o2r3o1_500

The Red String of Fate (simplified Chinese: 姻缘红线; traditional Chinese: 姻緣紅線; pinyin: Yīnyuán hóngxiàn), also referred to as the Red String of Marriage, and other variants, is an East Asian belief originating from Chinese legend. According to this myth, the gods tie an invisible red cord around the ankles of those that are destined to meet one another in a certain situation or help each other in a certain way. Often, in Japanese culture, it is thought to be tied around the little finger. According to Chinese legend, the deity in charge of "the red thread" is believed to be Yuè Xià Lǎorén (月下老人), often abbreviated to Yuè Lǎo (月老), the old lunar matchmaker god, who is in charge of marriages.

The two people connected by the red thread are destined lovers, regardless of place, time, or circumstances. This magical cord may stretch or tangle, but never break. This myth is similar to the Western concept of soulmate or a destined flame.
@spacebaby45678

The Rey Kenobi Files Tumblr_inline_ol2ss1Tb941u1lclt_540

@spacebaby45678

spacebaby45678 wrote:The Rey Kenobi Files 2Q==

It was Obi & Anakin whose destiny/fates where intertwined, to me this is one of John Williams best. The Duel of Fates... this time we are going to get a happier ending... I can't wait to hear what John William writes for EP8 & 9

@spacebaby45678

So now it was an invitation and she rejected him it, eh? Wink

Hm, did these two then 'start' the string or are they just two new facets of the whole thing?

I've always been wondering if the painful break between Anakin and Obi-Wan caused some kind of wound in the Force.
The Duel of the Fates ...it just never stops hurting.

Never.
The Rey Kenobi Files Tumblr10
LastCrusadeLeft
LastCrusadeLeft
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Thu 09 Feb 2017, 2:31 am

@lastcrusadeleft

They are new facets of something old, that is the part that fate & destiny plays, something that is pre determined. This is the value of ring composition, we get to see something similar a Kenobi & Skywalker, but different...

Darth says to Obi in a New Hope,

"The circle is not complete"

Maul says in Rebels,

"It will end where it all began"

But this time the circle of love will be complete... and that is beautiful.
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Mon 13 Feb 2017, 12:36 am

“Rey grew up in the wastes of the desert planet Jakku, where she was left by her family for reasons unknown to her. Despite the harsh realities of Jakku, Rey remained optimistic for her family’s return and compassionate towards others. ”

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru Mon 13 Feb 2017, 12:51 am

If Rey falls to the dark side, I'm pretty sure it will be related to her parents. Actually, I think everyone's expecting Rey to be very happy when she finds out about her family (be it a Skywalker or a Kenobi), but I really doubt that will happen, whatever her lineage may be. It'll probably be devastating for her and subvert everything she was expecting. It really think it's the only way to add drama and conflict in this plot ("Where are my parents?") so I'm all for it. I think it would be a source of internal conflict for Rey, just like being the son of Darth Vader nearly destroyed Luke.
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore Mon 13 Feb 2017, 4:06 am

spacebaby45678 wrote:“Rey grew up in the wastes of the desert planet Jakku, where she was left by her family for reasons unknown to her. Despite the harsh realities of Jakku, Rey remained optimistic for her family’s return and compassionate towards others. ”

@spacebaby45678

I love his videos. They are very detailed and knowledgeable of the SW universe.

I do agree that I don't think Rey will fall to the dark side. I think she will rally, as of yet, unknown resources to fight this cosmic battle. Personally, I believe that resource will be her family/people...the Mandalorians. I think they will be the saving grace of the Jedi. Only the Mandos are bat s*** crazy enough to start a war with the entire galaxy just for family and honor.
TheBastardofMandalore
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore Mon 13 Feb 2017, 3:17 pm

OMG! Reywalkers still exist! They're out there...I made the mistake of meandering into the comments section of a ScreenRant SW Facebook post regarding Rey. Let me just say I cannot unsee what I have seen.
The Rey Kenobi Files Img_1310
TheBastardofMandalore
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Mon 13 Feb 2017, 3:27 pm

TheBastardofMandalore wrote:OMG! Reywalkers still exist! They're out there...I made the mistake of meandering into the comments section of a ScreenRant SW Facebook post regarding Rey. Let me just say I cannot unsee what I have seen.
@TheBastardofMandalore

they won't go away...even in 2987
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro Nebula Mon 13 Feb 2017, 4:23 pm

Seriously confused

http://movieweb.com/star-wars-last-jedi-rey-kylo-ren-family-connection/

Hope the link works. Sorry, still trying to work out how to post. It's all new to me.

Pyro Nebula
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru Mon 13 Feb 2017, 4:34 pm

People really have an interpretation problem. "Strange" and "mysterious" are the semantic opposite of "familiar".

If they wanted to hint at a family connection they would write something like "a common link brought Rey and Kylo Ren together".

Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyla Ren Mon 13 Feb 2017, 5:04 pm

TheBastardofMandalore wrote:OMG! Reywalkers still exist! They're out there...I made the mistake of meandering into the comments section of a ScreenRant SW Facebook post regarding Rey. Let me just say I cannot unsee what I have seen.
@TheBastardofMandalore

Oh, yeah, Reywalkers definitely still exist.  So do Reysoloists or whatever they're called.  Some people will probably be clinging to those theories right up to TLJ's release and maybe even beyond.  They just don't want to let go of Rey being Reylated.

BTW, that kitty is adorable.  Is that a Scottish fold?
Kyla Ren
Kyla Ren
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore Mon 13 Feb 2017, 7:47 pm

Kyla Ren wrote:
@TheBastardofMandalore

Oh, yeah, Reywalkers definitely still exist.  So do Reysoloists or whatever they're called.  Some people will probably be clinging to those theories right up to TLJ's release and maybe even beyond.  They just don't want to let go of Rey being Reylated.

@Kyla Ren

LOL, I know right. I can still see them being in total denial mode even after TLJ's release. I have to admit though I am looking forward to the meltdown online after the truth is revealed. lol!

Yes, yes it is! Scottish Folds are so expressive.Very Happy
TheBastardofMandalore
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyla Ren Mon 13 Feb 2017, 9:29 pm

TheBastardofMandalore wrote:
Kyla Ren wrote:
@TheBastardofMandalore

@Kyla Ren

LOL, I know right. I can still see them being in total denial mode even after TLJ's release. I have to admit though I am looking forward to the meltdown online after the truth is revealed. lol!

Yes, yes it is! Scottish Folds are so expressive.Very Happy
@TheBastardofMandalore

I'm kind of looking forward to the meltdown, too, especially from the antis who insist that there is no way Reylo will ever happen.   I think there are going to be a lot of shocked and disillusioned fans next December.  Meanwhile, all the Reylos will be celebrating. cheers cheers cheers

I love Scottish folds, although I've never actually seen one in person.  They are just so cute! cat
Kyla Ren
Kyla Ren
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next