Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News WITHOUT spoilers

+9
Irina de France
SanghaRen
AceofWands
nemapasara
Piper Maru
Xylo Ren
snufkin
SheLitAFire
Darth Dingbat
13 posters

Go down

News WITHOUT spoilers Empty News WITHOUT spoilers

Post by Darth Dingbat Mon 10 Apr 2017, 12:29 pm

I feel like a thread like this will soon be needed: for those who want to keep abreast of official news and minor reveals of the "leaked pictures of action figures" variety, but don't want to run into the "Luke dies and Kylo elopes with Phasma!" spoilers in the spoiler thread.

I'm having an honest heart-to-heart chat with my better self, myself; I'm seriously considering whether I have the strength of will to avoid spoiler sites post-SWC.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

News WITHOUT spoilers Empty Re: News WITHOUT spoilers

Post by SheLitAFire Mon 10 Apr 2017, 12:36 pm

I have this same dilemma. Part of me wants to just not know anything (be totally surprised, like Adam argues about not having a trailer at all haha), but part of me wants to speculate and see how correct the spoilers were or how right I am about my own ideas of what could/may happen.
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Mon 10 Apr 2017, 2:21 pm

Darth Dingbat wrote:I feel like a thread like this will soon be needed: for those who want to keep abreast of official news and minor reveals of the "leaked pictures of action figures" variety, but don't want to run into the "Luke dies and Kylo elopes with Phasma!" spoilers in the spoiler thread.

I'm having an honest heart-to-heart chat with my better self, myself; I'm seriously considering whether I have the strength of will to avoid spoiler sites post-SWC.
@Darth Dingbat

I feel you! Maybe it's the old school "we don't unwrap our Christmas presents until after Christmas dinner" type of upbringing I had, but I've thought I should avoid them. It was definitely an interesting experience being out of the loop during the run-up and hype and then going in months later with absolutely no expectations. On the other hand, I did just read an article recently about how knowing spoilers actually enhances the experience. And certainly any spoilers I've read after the first viewing of TFA, I was like "did they miss a couple things here? Like the bad guy immediately regrets killing his dad? Or how a lot of his behavior around the heroine mirrors how his dad behaves around his mom in the first movie?" So we'll see!
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren Mon 10 Apr 2017, 2:58 pm

I will look at everything but a script.

If a full-out script leaks online I will put my computer in the closet and take up crochet until December.
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru Mon 10 Apr 2017, 6:29 pm

I honestly don't care about spoilers, but I had such a good experience watching TFA completely media blind... I hate myself for getting involved with the fandom (not really lol) and having such high expectations about future plots.
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nemapasara Mon 10 Apr 2017, 6:33 pm

Piper Maru wrote:I honestly don't care about spoilers, but I had such a good experience watching TFA completely media blind... I hate myself for getting involved with the fandom (not really lol) and having such high expectations about future plots.
@Piper Maru

Same! I loved TFA from my first viewing and I think it was definitely because I literally knew nothing about what was happening. I didn't even remember the characters names after reading about them when they were first announced. I'm scared that it might taint TLJ for me that I have been reading all the spoilers but I'm also someone who reads all the spoilers for everything I watch and as long as it's a good story than I'm going to like it.
nemapasara
nemapasara
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire Mon 10 Apr 2017, 8:32 pm

Piper Maru wrote:I honestly don't care about spoilers, but I had such a good experience watching TFA completely media blind... I hate myself for getting involved with the fandom (not really lol) and having such high expectations about future plots.
@Piper Maru

Truth. I totally went into TFA without any expectations other than a love for the OT & PT and I was just like this Shocked the entire time. And I agree that I will probably still look at some spoilers, but definitely not a script. Sometimes I wonder if the people involved with the film purposely leak fake or semi-misleading spoilers, just to really keep everyone in the dark.
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AceofWands Mon 10 Apr 2017, 9:30 pm

Darth Dingbat wrote:I feel like a thread like this will soon be needed: for those who want to keep abreast of official news and minor reveals of the "leaked pictures of action figures" variety, but don't want to run into the "Luke dies and Kylo elopes with Phasma!" spoilers in the spoiler thread.

@Darth Dingbat

I think you're perfect for news without spoilers, because, you know, you would be the last person to start looking into things and finding out stuff. You are the least curious person about where cast and crew are.

OMG, get real. If you had a little more time and money you would be the new Making Star Wars: sleuthing skills.

But of course, all the sleuthing is because you absolutely don't want spoilers. Laughing

Anyways... I agree it's cool to have a place to discuss stuff and get ready together without spoiling the experience. So the idea is good. I'm just wondering how on Earth or in the GFFA you would be able to contain yourself.

AceofWands
AceofWands
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Mon 17 Apr 2017, 1:14 am

AceofWands wrote:

@Darth Dingbat

I think you're perfect for news without spoilers, because, you know, you would be the last person to start looking into things and finding out stuff. You are the least curious person about where cast and crew are.

OMG, get real. If you had a little more time and money you would be the new Making Star Wars: sleuthing skills.

But of course, all the sleuthing is because you absolutely don't want spoilers. Laughing

Anyways... I agree it's cool to have a place to discuss stuff and get ready together without spoiling the experience. So the idea is good. I'm just wondering how on Earth or in the GFFA you would be able to contain yourself.

@AceofWands

But people can change, can't they? Wink And there's a big difference between the challenge of sleuthing, on one hand, and being the passive listener to other people's spoilers on the other.

I don't know. I just feel like I know enough by now, you know? I'm confident I'm getting at least some of the things I wanted from this story, so I don't really want to know any plot details. This weekend was actually perfect for me in terms of new info. I loved the mood of the teaser, I loved the Byronic hero scar reveal, I loved finally seeing a photo of Rose - but nothing we got gave anything away, really. Except FinnRose, which we knew already.

It's a weird feeling. I felt like "GIVE ME ALL THE SPOILERS" for many months, and now I feel very resistant to spoilers for some reason. At this stage my boilerplate gut reaction to all the new spoilers is: "I don't want to know, I don't believe you, that sounds stupid, you don't know anything, go away, I don't need to know this."
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AceofWands Mon 17 Apr 2017, 7:37 am

@Darth Dingbat I agree. I saw the teaser and thought: OMG, this movie is going to be amazing. I want to be involved in the movie's emotional journey. When we go all spoiled we are cynics. So I'm going to avoid spoilers. I already know waaaaay too much, but only in terms of visual info, which is fine.

For TFA, I'm going to be honest, here, as excited as I was for a new Star Wars movie, I wasn't thinking it would be that much, and getting the spoilers was fun. I was also trying to guess who Rey's parents were and getting on excited argument against Reywalkers. (Cause even then I didn't think it made much sense).

This time I think we got some wrong spoilers. I'm positive about it. We also got some right spoilers. But yes, as things get near, it's going to get worse. I don't know, I would like to hang out here and share the countdown and the excitement, but I don't want to know all that happens in the movie.

So I understand. Maybe there could be a non-spoiler section? I don't know.
AceofWands
AceofWands
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Mon 17 Apr 2017, 8:54 am

LOL @AceofWands ! Yeah our @Darth Dingbat should really start a Making Star Wars of her own.

I saw TFA spoiler-free too and it definitively helped me to just absorb the story as it was given to me. But remaining spoiler-free for TLJ? No way, I'll manage that. I am too far gone in this. I will read everything that might make sense bearing in mind that it could be wrong. What I won't read, except here, are the debates and reactions of other fans. That constant negativity and criticism is getting to me. I also won't read certain online press articles because they should go back to Journalism 101. Even if you actually get to read the leaked script, you will never know for sure until you're watching the movie.

There is surely the risk of disappointment, but I am going down with the spoiler boat.
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France Mon 17 Apr 2017, 2:09 pm

I admit I'm starting to wonder if I should avoid spoilers for TLJ altogether as well.

I mean, don't get me wrong, all the reveals we've had at SWC were nothing but positive. I was bracing myself like everyone else for a trailer that would have antis gloating, but we got anything but that. I mean, just look at everything we got:

- Kelly is absolutely charming and charismatic, and apart from some factions of the fandom, pretty much everyone loved her. The few premises we got for Rose are very promising, she is without the shadow of a doubt a main character, and it pretty much shoved away the rumors going around that a lot of people were afraid of about her betraying Finn or pulling off a Lando.

- Also, Finnrose is pretty much confirmed, even though they didn't say it explicitely. Finnrey can be pretty much kissed bye-bye.

- Rian looks like a total sweetheart, and apart from Daisy and Mark mentioning being surprised by some of the choices he made, they also seem to say that they later came to really appreciate what he has done. Considering Adam and Oscar have also been praising him to the high heavens, that can only mean good. He's willing to take risks, compared to TFA having a lot of comfort food, and it's only for the better.

- It's pretty much confirmed Rey and Luke won't get along as well as a lot of fans thought they would, just like we predicted.

- We are definitely getting a darker and troubled Luke.

- Kylo is totally presented as a Byronic Hero/Dark Prince, confirming pretty much all the comparisons we've been doing since day one.

- We can be 110% sure that Reylo will happen. That includes the possibility that it might not be romantic, but honestly, with what we've got, we can reasonably say that the chances of that are higher now.

So basically, right now, I'm worried that I got A LOT of TLJ right and that there won't be any surprises in store when I'll go and see the movie. For TFA, my sister spoiled me about Kylo being Han and Leia's son and Han dying, but she also thought Rey was Kylo's little sister. So basically, I was gaping at the screen like an idiot from the bridal carry and onwards.

I promised myself to avoid the Internet altogether from the beginning of December, but that might not be enough... Laughing
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Mon 17 Apr 2017, 5:13 pm

TBH every single detail has confirmed the major conclusions I had from the beginning. And not even in an "I'm so smart," way but "I had some very good teachers in secondary school and university." No way based on what I learned in school (and having one immediate family member who was an actor) did any of the Reywalker or Rey got ditched by Ben after he killed the other students sound plausible. For a bad TV show or brainless blockbuster maybe. Not for one that clearly draws from both classic literature and film history.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Mon 17 Apr 2017, 5:26 pm

I'm torn on whether or not to read the spoilers. I went into TFA cold, and being surprised was wonderful, but I also had zero investment in the story or the new SW series period. If my investment now is through the roof, I could end up watching the film and being so eager to see if our theories are correct that it's to the exclusion of everything else, if that makes sense. If I know the story beforehand, I can just sit back and see how it's done.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide Tue 18 Apr 2017, 1:33 pm

I knew the MSW spoilers going in to TFA. The spoilers were almost clinical in nature and so TFA was still a nice surprise for me. I also expected Rey and Kylo to be a Jacen/Jaina story.

I will read any and all spoilers for TLJ. I will not be able to wait. Razz
ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Tue 18 Apr 2017, 2:08 pm

ReyofLightSide wrote:I knew the MSW spoilers going in to TFA. The spoilers were almost clinical in nature and so TFA was still a nice surprise for me. I also expected Rey and Kylo to be a Jacen/Jaina story.

I will read any and all spoilers for TLJ. I will not be able to wait. Razz
@ReyofLightSide

I'm good with general spoilers outside an authentic leaked script.  I think that's my limit.  I know there's others here that would kill to get their hands on it, but I'm better off not seeing it.  

I do really doubt we'll get our hands on it this time around.  I believe TFA's was leaked due to a disgruntled employee, and it's very rare for lightning to strike twice in these case. I'm glad for this because I don't know if I'd have the willpower to keep my hands off of it.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix Tue 18 Apr 2017, 2:37 pm

I'd go off spoilers until the next big thing leaked. I don't have enough self-control for that.
Helix
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down