Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Discussion Thread

+32
Irina de France
SkyStar
Darth Snoopy
Xylo Ren
Darth Dingbat
SoloSideCousin
Mana
whisperingwillow
ZioRen
RosiePancake
rawpowah
Darth_Awakened
CienaRee
special_cases
MrsWindu
Kessel
KnightsofReylo_2015
MyOnlyHope
AhsokaTano
Starliteprism
Man Without A Star
spacebaby45678
Blackcanary
fuhry
SanghaRen
TheBastardofMandalore
Helix
FrolickingFizzgig
IoJovi
vaderito
jakkusun
panki
36 posters

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Discussion Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Discussion Thread

Post by panki Thu 14 Sep 2017, 6:45 am

@Man Without A Star

RJ never says an outright no...he says- he is his own person.

In the GFFA where a certain point of view  seems to be the norm, I would call that an ambiguous answer.

@Blackcanary .....I do like the idea of Ezra surviving especially since it is a kid's show.... it would be interesting if he hated the rebels because they didn't help him on Lothal or they abandoned the Mandalorians and Sabine dies (explaining no Mandos among the rebel ranks in the OT). Maybe he even changes his name after leaving the Rebels so in a manner of speaking, Ezra Bridger is dead.

The SW propaganda book mentions Sabine's art being found in places around the galaxy but it is thought to be a replication of her work by someone else- imagine if Sabine dies and Ezra roams the galaxy posting her art as some sort of memorial to her?  Crying or Very sad

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Discussion Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Discussion Thread

Post by Man Without A Star Thu 14 Sep 2017, 6:55 am

panki wrote:
@Man Without A Star

In the GFFA where a certain point of view  seems to be the norm, I would call that an ambiguous answer.

@Blackcanary .....I do like the idea of Ezra surviving especially since it is a kid's show.... it would be interesting if he hated the rebels because they didn't help him on Lothal or they abandoned the Mandalorians and Sabine dies (explaining no Mandos among the rebel ranks in the OT). Maybe he even changes his name after leaving the Rebels so in a manner of speaking, Ezra Bridger is dead.

The SW propaganda book mentions Sabine's art being found in places around the galaxy but it is thought to be a replication of her work by someone else- imagine if Sabine dies and Ezra roams the galaxy posting her art as some sort of memorial to her?  Crying or Very sad
@panki

Another quote then, from Pablo this time. https://twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/867371228335558656
Man Without A Star
Man Without A Star
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Thu 14 Sep 2017, 7:27 am

Man Without A Star wrote:
panki wrote:
@Man Without A Star

@panki

Another quote then, from Pablo this time. https://twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/867371228335558656
@Man Without A Star

Let new characters be new characters isn't exactly a no in my book.... I would consider something like this an actual debunking of a theory-

https://twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/734299892122681344?lang=en

I am not saying DJ is definitely Ezra but I would wait for TLJ before outright dismissing the possibility.

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore Thu 14 Sep 2017, 9:58 am

@Man Without A Star

To quote Satine Kryze from Clone Wars " I presume you are acquainted with the collection of half-truths and hyperbole known as Obi-Wan Kenobi the Star Wars production team?"

I never take what they say at face value. The NDAs they have to sign are so constricting. Often time we as the audience have to read between the lines. Wink
TheBastardofMandalore
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Man Without A Star Thu 14 Sep 2017, 10:25 am

I believe them Smile And I believe that DJ is someone entirely new.
Man Without A Star
Man Without A Star
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Man Without A Star Thu 14 Sep 2017, 12:23 pm

I would say that this is a pretty good confirmation that Ezra is not DJ.

https://twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/906948612092915712
Man Without A Star
Man Without A Star
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Sep 2017, 12:27 pm

Man Without A Star wrote:I would say that this is a pretty good confirmation that Ezra is not DJ.

https://twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/906948612092915712
@Man Without A Star

Yep, that's very direct.

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackcanary Thu 21 Sep 2017, 3:02 am

They've released the airing schedule for the final season, giving us a few more episode names, and revealing that the season will be split in two with a midseason break:

Monday, 10/16 – “Heroes of Mandalore” Parts 1 & 2
Monday, 10/23 – “In the Name of the Rebellion” Parts 1 & 2
Monday, 10/30 – “The Occupation” and “Flight of the Defender”
Monday, 11/6 – “Kindred” and “Crawler Commandeers”
Monday, 11/13 – “Rebel Assault”

Following a holiday break, Star Wars Rebels will be back in early 2018 for its final run of episodes leading up to the top-secret series finale.

I'm half pleased that we'll actually got more time to enjoy the show rather than have it done and dusted in a few weeks, but I bet that mid-season break is going to feel like forever.
Blackcanary
Blackcanary
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Thu 21 Sep 2017, 2:14 pm

Blackcanary wrote:They've released the airing schedule for the final season, giving us a few more episode names, and revealing that the season will be split in two with a midseason break:

Monday, 10/16 – “Heroes of Mandalore”  Parts 1 & 2

Following a holiday break, Star Wars Rebels will be back in early 2018 for its final run of episodes leading up to the top-secret series finale.

I'm half pleased that we'll actually got more time to enjoy the show rather than have it done and dusted in a few weeks, but I bet that mid-season break is going to feel like forever.
@Blackcanary

I am with you on that. It did feel forever for Season 3.

Am I reading this correctly that we'll have 2 episodes every week. That is cool. I am intrigued by "Kindred" and "Rebel Assault". Would "Rebel Assault" already be happening during ANH or R1?
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackcanary Fri 22 Sep 2017, 2:49 am

SanghaRen wrote:
Blackcanary wrote:They've released the airing schedule for the final season, giving us a few more episode names, and revealing that the season will be split in two with a midseason break:

Monday, 10/16 – “Heroes of Mandalore”  Parts 1 & 2

@Blackcanary

I am with you on that. It did feel forever for Season 3.

Am I reading this correctly that we'll have 2 episodes every week. That is cool. I am intrigued by "Kindred" and "Rebel Assault". Would "Rebel Assault" already be happening during ANH or R1?
@SanghaRen

I don't think we'll go that far into the timeline - Dave Filoni previously said we won't be seeing Scarif, etc. I'm guessing 'Rebel assault' might be the episode where we see the main Imperial building on Lothal about to be taken out by missiles in the trailer?

Blackcanary
Blackcanary
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Fri 22 Sep 2017, 1:06 pm

The White Lothcat is on its way again Very Happy

Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Discussion Thread - Page 4 Img_1311

Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Discussion Thread - Page 4 Img_1312
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore Fri 22 Sep 2017, 11:48 pm

SanghaRen wrote:The White Lothcat is on its way again Very Happy

Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Discussion Thread - Page 4 Img_1311

Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Discussion Thread - Page 4 Img_1312
@SanghaRen

Those plush Loth-cats are so cute. I think they make a tabby plush too. I'm soooo tempted to buy one. Damn you, Dave Filoni! Why did you have to make them so irresistible? I love you cat

TheBastardofMandalore
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore Sat 23 Sep 2017, 12:02 am

I think Lucas Film should produce a Tweety bird and Sylvester inspired animated short with a Loth-cat and a Porg. I would die from the cuteness. H-beating
Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Discussion Thread - Page 4 Img_2013
Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Discussion Thread - Page 4 Img_2014
Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Discussion Thread - Page 4 Img_2015
TheBastardofMandalore
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Wed 27 Sep 2017, 2:08 pm

Poster for season 4. Thrawn shares the villain stage with Governor Pryce, it seems. The white wolf central top makes me dreamy, but it's interesting that it's also "looming" over the Ghost crew. Now what's with the circular pattern? On Thrawn's collar there's something that looks like a satellite dish. But then between the wolf's eyes there is a symbol. It all looks connected as if part of some sort of circular chart, but I can't figure out what it represents. Anyone knows?

Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Discussion Thread - Page 4 Img_1316
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore Thu 28 Sep 2017, 6:42 am

@SanghaRen
The images look like a representation of Ezra's journey realized through a star chart. There are Loth-hieroglyphs scattered throughout. The two prominent ones are a loth-cat and the other, a humanoid figure with some sort of aura around it. I remember Dave Filoni saying in the Rebels season 3 DVD that the wolves are a manifestation of the force, or watchers. Kind of like the Bendu. What that means, I'm not sure.

I do think that the writers were inspired by a space opera novel, by Leigh Brackett, called "The Hounds of Skaith" for the Ezra/wolves plot line. It's about a man named Eric John Stark (whose story is very Ezra-esque) who gains control of a pack of nine hounds in an attempt to save a friend. If he wavers from his path, the pack will turn on him. PH has tweeted about Leigh Brackett's stories in the recent past as well. Her books are definitely worth a read. Think Narnia meets Star Wars. Very Happy

Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Discussion Thread - Page 4 Img_2016
TheBastardofMandalore
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackcanary Thu 28 Sep 2017, 6:55 am

@SanghaRen @TheBastardofMandalore

Agreed on it looking like a star chart.

There's also this, from the trailer, which seems to show similar style drawings on the wall behind Kanan:

Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Discussion Thread - Page 4 1*wKo7EmVibh9GNy3GMzU5Ww

Perhaps we're looking at something ancient connected to the force? A prophecy, perhaps? I do seem to recall Dave Filoni name-checking the Mortic arc when discussing the upcoming season, which suggests we might get deep into some cosmic force lore.
Blackcanary
Blackcanary
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Thu 28 Sep 2017, 2:08 pm

@Blackcanary @TheBastardofMandalore

Being into astrology I was also thinking about a star chart with ancient "simplistic" symbols, but I had not noticed the cat. Nice catch! Anything ancient linked to the Force sounds good to me.

I will only receive the Season 3 mid October and am looking forward to the extra material.

In a recent interview DF also mentioned that he is happy to have the opportunity to tie up some loose ends from TCW - or something along these lines. I hope it will be clear enough for the non TCW fans because I never watched one single episode of TCW. I saw maybe 5 minutes. Until now it never was a problem to follow SWR. I might miss some Easter eggs but that's all. I don't worry much though. He and his team have been very good at making SWR accessible to all fans.

I had never heard of "The Hounds of Skaith". Sounds interesting. Leading the pack of wolves could be a test for Ezra. Maybe if they accept him as their leader, he could unlock some ancient force abilities. The white wolf seems to be a loner and more of a Bendu like guide.

I don't know anything Mortis. I just read the summary on Wookieepedia. Could it be that Ezra and Kanan disappear into another realm to bring back balance? I have the feeling these 2 will sacrifice their lives in one way or the other Crying or Very sad
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore Thu 28 Sep 2017, 9:15 pm

@SanghaRen

"Could it be that Ezra and Kanan disappear into another realm to bring back balance?"

I think time/inter-dimensional travel is a definite possibility for this season. Your question reminded me of another Leigh Brackett novel mentioned by PH, "The Sword of Rhiannon". It's about a young space explorer/archeologist type who is conned by a  thief/rogue to steal an ancient and powerful weapon from a tomb of an ancient, cursed being. The thief betrays the young archeologist and thrusts him into a portal/void where he is sent a million years into the past.

Could this scene be inspired by that novel?
Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Discussion Thread - Page 4 Img_2017
We see Sabine, Ezra and Saw standing before a glowing...shrine/tomb? It looks very ancient and highly unstable.

Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Discussion Thread - Page 4 Img_2011
Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Discussion Thread - Page 4 Img_2018
Could this be where Saw acquires his severe injuries noted in Rogue One? Is this where the mystery box originates from and how Sabine is knocked unconscious/injured?

Also, what's in the box? A ancient Force artifact/weapon, a portal of some sort? Also, is this the artifact that links the animated show to TLJ? The artifact that Luke and/or Snoke are rumored to be looking for?
TheBastardofMandalore
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Fri 29 Sep 2017, 2:38 pm

Here is a list of the episodes and synopses for some of the episodes:

Heroes of Mandalore: Part One

Sabine leads Ezra, Kanan and an army of her fellow Mandalorians back to her home world to rescue her father from the clutches of the Empire.

Heroes of Mandalore: Part Two

When Sabine discovers the Empire has resurrected a devastating weapon she created and plans to use it against her people, she must decide whether to destroy it or use it herself.

In the Name of the Rebellion: Part One

As members of the Rebel Alliance, Ezra and the Ghost crew must accept a mission to spy on an Imperial outpost they would rather destroy.

In the Name of the Rebellion: Part Two

After being separated from Hera and Kana, Ezra and Sabine join the desperate quest of Saw Gerrera to hunt down the Empire's elusive secret super weapon.

The Occupation

Ezra and the Ghost crew are called back to Lothal when a new Imperial threat rises.

Flight of the Defender

Ezra and Sabine steal an Imperial prototype TIE fighter but must rely on some unexpected help to escape from Thrawn.

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Sun 08 Oct 2017, 3:53 am

DF tweeted this yesterday. Reminds me of Hera saying in Season 2: “Do Mom and Dad proud” DF likes to play with fans.

Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Discussion Thread - Page 4 111c5810
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Thu 12 Oct 2017, 2:27 am

Dave Filoni was on the last Star Wars show. He said it was going to get a bit weird in Season 4. Yes! And that there is no filler episode this season, but actually there never really was and that all episodes have a purpose in the story - paraphrasing. Only a few days left to binge-watch the 3rd season. I am getting anxious because I still don’t know if I’ll find a way to watch the 4th season The usual stress. Would be cool if Disney would just put it on YT.

SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Thu 12 Oct 2017, 4:36 pm

Bo Katan Pre View Clip

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Thu 12 Oct 2017, 5:36 pm

They call it a recap, but it looks more like a mixed memory video to say goodbye to me and I feel like Crying or Very sad

SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore Thu 12 Oct 2017, 10:37 pm

spacebaby45678 wrote:Bo Katan Pre View Clip

@spacebaby45678

OMG, yaaaay! House Kryze is back! I am so excited for season 4 now. cheers
TheBastardofMandalore
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Tue 17 Oct 2017, 2:53 am

No, I have not watched the first episodes yet. I will try tonight *cross my fingers*. Dave Filoni posted a sketch again. That loth-cat and its big ears Love Such a simplistic sketch - well sort of because you have to have drawing skills Smile - but so filled with emotions.

Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Discussion Thread - Page 4 753d7710
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next