Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Spoiler Thread

+11
panki
Darth Dingbat
TheBastardofMandalore
Helix
Sylvia Snow
Maria26
Geralt_Riv
FrolickingFizzgig
Moonjump05
SanghaRen
BastilaBey
15 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Spoiler Thread Empty Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Spoiler Thread

Post by jakkusun Fri 23 Sep 2016, 3:57 pm

This thread is for discussing the latest Star Wars Rebels episodes! So, if you fall behind on the show (or don't have access to it until a later date) stay out of this thread if you don't want to get spoiled on the latest happenings!

Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Spoiler Thread Image84

Yeah, I'm a little bit too excited for this season and I'm making this thread a day early in anticipation. :D
jakkusun
jakkusun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Spoiler Thread Empty Re: Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Spoiler Thread

Post by panki Fri 23 Sep 2016, 5:18 pm

Great idea @jakkusun!

There is so much to look forward to in this season of Rebels- Thrawn, Bo-Katan and the Mandalorians, Nightsisters, merging holocrons, Maul, an early version of the death troopers, Wedge Antilles, a new Fulcrum (cough Kallus cough), more Tarkin and Chaim Syndulla...... so many things!!!

Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Spoiler Thread Tumblr_inline_ny7qmsvN8t1tbjqoc_500

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Spoiler Thread Empty Re: Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Spoiler Thread

Post by panki Sat 24 Sep 2016, 4:15 am

Some potential Dathomir spoilers:

The ghost crew and Maul seem to be on Dathomir and are in the same cave with pools where the nightsisters practised magick in TCW and Vos killed the sleeper in Dark Disciple.

In the EU, the nightsisters communicated with the spirits to perform magick, empower talismans, reanimate the dead and bring messages from the spirit world. There are plant and animal spirits as well.

I wonder if the rebels are either trying to communicate with Ahsoka or they are exploring more types of more force powers to defeat the Empire. I think their communicating with Ahsoka is a possibility especially after the appearance of the convoree on the Bendu's shoulder in Ahsoka's colours.

Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Spoiler Thread Maxresdefault

The green spirit ichor and spirits seem to be emerging from that pool that turned bright green after Ventress was dipped in it (looks like a portal to the spirit world). Two of the spirits look like the Nightsisters Talia and Karis who were killed by the separatists in TCW.

Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Spoiler Thread Image
Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Spoiler Thread 500?cb=20130521031955 Talia

Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Spoiler Thread Image
Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Spoiler Thread 500?cb=20130521025844 Karis

Then we see Kanan, Maul, Ezra and Sabine getting possessed by spirits...and Ezra fighting Sabine, while Kanan fights Maul (so all these spirits either don't get along with one another or there is a fight going on between the light and dark side)

Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Spoiler Thread Collage

Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Spoiler Thread Tumblr_oaf1bhefjH1tp2idoo1_500

Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Spoiler Thread Tumblr_odzr7phPpF1ttr421o1_400

Ezra seems to be fighting Sabine or someone else with the darksaber (who is now immersed in the pool)
Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Spoiler Thread Possessed_4

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by jakkusun Sat 24 Sep 2016, 6:10 pm

@panki I just saw the trailer/remix thing with the those clips in it! With Sabine and the dark saber and Ezra and the green smoke and everything.

You really pieced that together well! It really looks like they are going to dathomir. I wonder, if they are trying to contact Ahsoka or something like you are speculating, if Kanan is cool with that plan or not, haha, since it's kind of dark side stuff. And I imagine that the idea to go to dathomir would come from Maul. And I'm so surprised Sabine is going to be there too! And with the dark saber! Those are going to be some epic battles, whatever they are about.
jakkusun
jakkusun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Sat 24 Sep 2016, 6:37 pm

The clip of Thrawn and Hera got me sooooooo excited. He's terrifying! And it was so weird to see her acting all subservient!

I am really psyched about the possible implications of what Bendu says about balance and the force for the ST, too. So far, they are doing a great job of evolving people's understanding of the force and how it works, while retaining the integrity of the OT and PT. It makes it clearer that the Jedi Order in the PT was almost a perversion, built on arrogance and a fixation on politics that led to their downfall. The dreaded midichlorian stuff is part of that imo.
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonjump05 Sat 24 Sep 2016, 11:07 pm

^The Bendu in the actual episode was slightly underwhelming, but in Rebel Recon we have talk of how "the Jedi are just one flavor of force user" and "the Bendu represents something older" and "Balance balance balance"

I see what you are doing, lol

Hopefully he will be back, since the Rebel base planet is being expanded upon. I like that he has not only the Force owl thing, but also the Sith holocron.
Moonjump05
Moonjump05
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by jakkusun Sun 25 Sep 2016, 1:24 am

@Moonjump05 Yeah! The Rebels Recon stuff was great! I especially loved how Dave Filoni said that when they talk about balance, it's a mistake to think that what you are ultimately trying to do is upend the light or the dark. And I liked how they called the Bendu a character who sees outside good and evil.

Even though the Bendu didn't do anything especially epic, my favorite part of the episode was probably still the part when he taught Kanan to see and when he said if you can see yourself you'll never be truly blind. The stuff with the spiders was just really cool. Kanan was learning to see the spiders differently--not just bloodthirsty monsters.

And yeah, we better be seeing the Bendu and that Sith holocron again.

---
Also, I noticed how Agent Kallus said that little thing about how Thrawn's promotion-earning victory had many civilian casualties. He's very aware now of the morals of the empire, I see. I really hope we get to see him change sides.

And that symbolism with the light coming from the Ghost as Kanan reaches out and saves Ezra reminded me of Han trying to save Kylo and how light was symbolic in that scene.

Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Spoiler Thread Image97

Except Kanan was successful this time, unlike Han.
jakkusun
jakkusun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Sun 25 Sep 2016, 3:27 am

@Moonjump05 ..... the Bendu has to appear once again....we've yet to see the scene where Ezra and Maul merge holocrons....and we've still to find out the identity of the presence in the holocron.....my feeling is that the Bendu will take Yoda's place as the spiritual guide (for Kanan at least) since Kanan's foray into balancing the light and dark side was foreshadowed in his vision in season 2.

Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Spoiler Thread 8827cfbef7131b4393120884d78e9a79

@jakkusun ... great observation regarding Kanan pulling Ezra back to the light... I didn't notice that. Very Happy

But I was sad to see the Phantom crash ..... RIP Sad

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Sun 25 Sep 2016, 3:50 am

I am desperate. I haven't found any way to watch season 3. Anyone has a tip where I could watch it? I don't understand Disney. You have a good show and you make it difficult for people outside of the US to watch it. Nowadays you can pretty much watch every show - if you agree to pay for it - sometimes on the day after it was on in the US. Anyways if someone has a tip...
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonjump05 Sun 25 Sep 2016, 4:51 am

SanghaRen wrote:I am desperate. I haven't found any way to watch season 3. Anyone has a tip where I could watch it? I don't understand Disney. You have a good show and you make it difficult for people outside of the US to watch it. Nowadays you can pretty much watch every show - if you agree to pay for it - sometimes on the day after it was on in the US. Anyways if someone has a tip...
@SanghaRen

Sent a pm.
Moonjump05
Moonjump05
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by jakkusun Mon 26 Sep 2016, 2:57 am

@panki I like that foreshadowing with Kanan and the red and blue sabers.

-----

Also, there is a bonus minute-long clip for Rebels Recon about Governor Pryce: https://twitter.com/starwars/status/780183880884027392

The last bit Dave Filoni says about her underestimating Thrawn sounds very ominous. I'm guessing she might not make it through the season. This bit from the Rebel Beats trailer already doesn't look good for her:

Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Spoiler Thread Image99
jakkusun
jakkusun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 26 Sep 2016, 1:42 pm

I have just seen Rebels S03E01 and now it really looks like Ezra is going to turn to the dark side. I'll be surprised if he doesn't.

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Mon 26 Sep 2016, 2:41 pm

jakkusun wrote:@panki I like that foreshadowing with Kanan and the red and blue sabers.

-----

Also, there is a bonus minute-long clip for Rebels Recon about Governor Pryce: https://twitter.com/starwars/status/780183880884027392

The last bit Dave Filoni says about her underestimating Thrawn sounds very ominous. I'm guessing she might not make it through the season. This bit from the Rebel Beats trailer already doesn't look good for her:

Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Spoiler Thread Image99
@jakkusun

That scene with Governor Pryce looks scary....isn't that an interrogation chair behind her? I wonder if they might suspect her of being a rebel sympathizer. Shocked

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Mon 26 Sep 2016, 2:41 pm

Apparently people are shipping thrawn and pryce and calling it...Prawn. Worth it for the name alone Razz
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Mon 26 Sep 2016, 2:55 pm

BastilaBey wrote:Apparently people are shipping thrawn and pryce and calling it...Prawn. Worth it for the name alone Razz
@BastilaBey

I love it!!!!

I actually want a complex love scenario where Tarkin fancies Pryce...Pryce fancies Thrawn..... Thrawn fancies himself. Razz

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by jakkusun Mon 26 Sep 2016, 6:21 pm

The episode guide for Steps Into Shadow is up on StarWars.com: http://www.starwars.com/tv-shows/star-wars-rebels/steps-into-shadow-episode-guide

There is some cool stuff there:
Trivia and Art:
jakkusun
jakkusun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by jakkusun Wed 28 Sep 2016, 4:33 pm

This is crazy. He knows Kanan's real name. And is Maul taking things from Hera's mind the same way Kylo Ren takes things from people's minds? And how did he get there with Hera on the Ghost ahhhh what is happening!? Lol Looks like he is collecting holocrons.
jakkusun
jakkusun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Wed 28 Sep 2016, 11:21 pm

jakkusun wrote:

This is crazy. He knows Kanan's real name. And is Maul taking things from Hera's mind the same way Kylo Ren takes things from people's minds? And how did he get there with Hera on the Ghost ahhhh what is happening!? Lol Looks like he is collecting holocrons.
@jakkusun

That is a holocron of Obi-wan..... Maul would be especially interested in that- now he'll know Obi-wan survived order 66... Shocked

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Thu 29 Sep 2016, 11:30 am

PH has confirmed the sith holocron voice isnt that of Darth Traya....but some other sith Lord who fell on Malachor....

Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Spoiler Thread 5P2nAtk

Now I feel it is a new character possibly inspired by one of the following three:

1. A female Revan (since the EU game allows Revan to be played as female)

Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Spoiler Thread 275?cb=20160808174854

2. Darth Zannah (Darth Bane's apprentice)

Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Spoiler Thread 633

3. Xoxaan (my favourite option of the three)

Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Spoiler Thread Latest?cb=20130323173713&path-prefix=fr

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by jakkusun Thu 29 Sep 2016, 9:20 pm

So Ezra is going to talk to the Bendu, too.
Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Spoiler Thread Image110
Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Spoiler Thread Image109

---------

This was a fun episode of the Star Wars Aftershow. Nothing spoilery really, but some funny moments and interesting thoughts.
jakkusun
jakkusun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Sat 01 Oct 2016, 8:53 pm

Oh my god- my brain is close to exploding after watching the latest episode.....there were so many things linked to events and people in the OT and PT!!! Here are a few things they left us with-

1. Maul's eyes turn orange when he is angry.
2. The Bendu seems to be a yoda-type spiritual guide for Kanan and Ezra.
3. Someone has interacted with Bendu in the past
4. Ezra gets a force vision like Rey (so does Maul)- so we understand a little more about the circumstances surrounding Rey's force vision.
5. The merging of holocrons causes a vergence.
6. Ezra sees Tatooine, Maul sees Kenobi. Maul is definitely going to search for Obi-wan.
7. Kanan's vision returns briefly in the light of the two holocrons. Kanan has become a lot more strong in the force.
8. Maul makes a reference to his time ruling Mandalore to Sabine, foreshadowing Mandalorians appearing in this season.

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 01 Oct 2016, 9:12 pm

panki wrote:Oh my god- my brain is close to exploding after watching the latest episode.....there were so many things linked to events and people in the OT and PT!!! Here are a few things they left us with-

4. Ezra gets a force vision like Rey (so does Maul)- so we understand a little more about the circumstances surrounding Rey's force vision.
6. Ezra sees Tatooine, Maul sees Kenobi. Maul is definitely going to search for Obi-wan.
7. Kanan's vision returns briefly in the light of the two holocrons. Kanan has become a lot more strong in the force.
8. Maul makes a reference to his time ruling Mandalore to Sabine, foreshadowing Mandalorians appearing in this season.

@panki

OMG.... do you think

Spoiler:

Because THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 01 Oct 2016, 9:13 pm

I'm not currently watching Rebels as I've just got The Clone Wars complete series on DVD and am watching that first. But this popped up on my Twitter feed and includes a short interview with Dave Filoni for those who are interested http://io9.gizmodo.com/we-have-to-talk-about-ezras-vision-in-star-wars-rebels-1787255428?utm_campaign=socialflow_io9_twitter&utm_source=io9_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonjump05 Sun 02 Oct 2016, 4:41 am

Bendu is back, and he is kinda a jerk... I like it. Also, combining the Sith and Jedi holocrons for true knowledge? Yeah, I see what you did there.

But please please, no Obi-wan. That doesn't need to be on Rebels, save it for a spin off so I don't have to watch it so that Obi-wan vs Maul round whatever doesn't completely overshadow the Rebels crew.
Moonjump05
Moonjump05
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Sun 02 Oct 2016, 6:39 am

AppleCrumble122 wrote:
panki wrote:Oh my god- my brain is close to exploding after watching the latest episode.....there were so many things linked to events and people in the OT and PT!!! Here are a few things they left us with-

@panki

OMG.... do you think

Spoiler:

Because THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!!!
@AppleCrumble122

I would actually love to see a final confrontation as well.....but I'm not sure Maul saw that Obi-wan is on Tatooine.... he lurched away at the end of the episode gasping that "he lives".... only Ezra saw the planet with two suns etc. before Kanan pulled him back....this means we're either getting a season finale confrontation (Maul's final battle deserves that at the very least though as @Moonjump05 said, it will overshadow the ghost crew) or they're giving us a novel/spin-off movie/comic series on Maul's hunt for Obi.

Moonjump05 wrote:Bendu is back, and he is kinda a jerk... I like it.  Also, combining the Sith and Jedi holocrons for true knowledge?  Yeah, I see what you did there.
@Moonjump05

I find it interesting that two holocrons (light+dark) caused the vergence, and that you can see something when you have a question, you can see your destiny etc..... this goes back to an old tweet by PH where he said that Rey's vision was caused by place, thing (lightsaber) and person (Rey), and that is was a vergence.....so something is form the dark side of the force, whether it is Rey or the lightsaber (I think PH confirmed somewhere that the lightsaber isn't dark so one point in favour of #darkrey).....also, it means that Kylo is part of Rey's destiny Very Happy
I wonder what question Rey asked unconsciously when she held the lightsaber.....was she asking about her family? Or maybe where she belongs? Confus

Last edited by panki on Sun 02 Oct 2016, 8:17 am; edited 1 time in total

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next