Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion: Luke Skywalker/Mark Hamill

+30
cnunn
panki
Acritiqua
Reylo Lemon
Rei of Sunshine
shii405
Birdwoman
DarthRen
Piper Maru
CienaRee
reylo1992
Gemini
Jakku
ISeeAnIsland
snufkin
EchoBase
Saracene
Rimfaxe96
RKR Connection
Darth Rowan
Darth Dementor
Force22
YoloKylo
MoonFyre
Armadeus
AnneNeville
Darth_Awakened
Rogue Rey
vaderito
Luke Browalker
34 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Discussion: Luke Skywalker/Mark Hamill - Page 2 Empty Re: Discussion: Luke Skywalker/Mark Hamill

Post by Guest Wed 20 Apr 2016, 11:45 am

@Darth Rowan
You just totally get me on so many levels...such great news Smile

Back to top Go down

Discussion: Luke Skywalker/Mark Hamill - Page 2 Empty Re: Discussion: Luke Skywalker/Mark Hamill

Post by Darth_Awakened Fri 21 Oct 2016, 1:27 pm

http://eleven-thirtyeight.com/2016/10/luke-skywalker-hero-who-ran-away/

Very interesting speculation regarding Luke.
I can say that I agree on most of it.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rimfaxe96 Fri 21 Oct 2016, 3:19 pm

Darth_Awakened wrote:http://eleven-thirtyeight.com/2016/10/luke-skywalker-hero-who-ran-away/

@Darth_Awakened

Agreed. Finally someone who gets that Luke was never meant to be a dashing rogue like Han - and certainly not a careless one who'd have a child with a random woman and abandon her on a waste planet. Rolling Eyes

However, I don't think the KoR can be stopped without some fighting action; but that should be okay as long as it's defensive rather than offensive. Same with the Rey vs Kylo battle really - she didn't power up until she was bent backwards over a cliff (+ Kylo's link to the force being "unfocused" because of his inner turmoil over Han's death).
Rimfaxe96
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Fri 21 Oct 2016, 4:06 pm

Darth_Awakened wrote:http://eleven-thirtyeight.com/2016/10/luke-skywalker-hero-who-ran-away/

@Darth_Awakened

I agree. Outside of the rumors of a semi-crazy/dark Luke, that post aligns pretty well with what appears to be going on.

I do disagree with the post, though, in that I think that Luke is probably going to be reluctant to train Rey much.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Fri 21 Oct 2016, 4:25 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:

@Darth_Awakened

I agree. Outside of the rumors of a semi-crazy/dark Luke, that post aligns pretty well with what appears to be going on.

I do disagree with the post, though, in that I think that Luke is probably going to be reluctant to train Rey much.
@ISeeAnIsland

My only quibble was actually the fact that they concluded that Luke by choosing a Jedi peaceful way refused to help the Resistance.
And I ll be fine with - if it was not for Snoke, who is apparently the dark side user of the Force, not just some random dictator.
It is perfectly understandable that Luke did not want to be involved in a political games of the New Republic, or even the rise of FO.
But Snoke is another thing.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Fri 21 Oct 2016, 4:30 pm

@Darth_Awakened

Interesting discussion in the comments as well about the Jedi problems regarding emotional attachments.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Fri 21 Oct 2016, 4:42 pm

I do think it's also interesting that the person who wrote the article is speculating on the same thing that many of us have speculated here--that even though Luke has found the Jedi temple, he has been unable to access whatever it is that's inside because it possibly requires two people to open it (he referenced Rebels as a precedence).
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase Fri 21 Oct 2016, 4:48 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:I do think it's also interesting that the person who wrote the article is speculating on the same thing that many of us have speculated here--that even though Luke has found the Jedi temple, he has been unable to access whatever it is that's inside because it possibly requires two people to open it (he referenced Rebels as a precedence).
@ISeeAnIsland

What if it only can be accessed by a darksider and a lightsider at the same time?
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Fri 21 Oct 2016, 4:49 pm

I've been thinking if it needs two people on opposite sides of the Force to open the Temple, Rey's participation/temptation is Ben offers her access to something via the FO that can track down her family.

snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Fri 21 Oct 2016, 4:55 pm

EchoBase wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:I do think it's also interesting that the person who wrote the article is speculating on the same thing that many of us have speculated here--that even though Luke has found the Jedi temple, he has been unable to access whatever it is that's inside because it possibly requires two people to open it (he referenced Rebels as a precedence).
@ISeeAnIsland

What if it only can be accessed by a darksider and a lightsider at the same time?
@EchoBase

I would not be surprised if it is the case.
Because according to Pablo today the first Sith was a Jedi, before he turned.
Maybe that has some connection on how to enter the temple or something similar.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Fri 21 Oct 2016, 5:09 pm

EchoBase wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland

@EchoBase

snufkin wrote:I've been thinking if it needs two people on opposite sides of the Force to open the Temple, Rey's participation/temptation is Ben offers her access to something via the FO that can track down her family.

@snufkin

I think that both of those scenarios would be pretty likely. It would explain why Luke and Rey don't access the Temple together (unless Kylo shows up before they even get a chance.)

I do think that as much as Rey wants to find her family, Kylo will have to offer her something beyond that, if whatever in the temple is something that could potentially be dangerous in his hands. I just can't see Rey selling out the galaxy as a whole to find her family. i.e. He's going to have to convince her that whatever is in there, he can use it for "good" rather than just giving it over to Snoke.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Fri 21 Oct 2016, 5:14 pm

You're probably right on trying to take advantage of her ethics as well. Mostly what I'd guess is whatever he offers, it's following in the family tradition of starting out as a selfish a**hole, "I ain't in it for your Revolution, I'm in it for the money."
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Oct 2016, 5:26 pm

EchoBase wrote:What if it only can be accessed by a darksider and a lightsider at the same time?
@EchoBase

Discussion: Luke Skywalker/Mark Hamill - Page 2 2zjgink

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Fri 21 Oct 2016, 5:40 pm

snufkin wrote:You're probably right on trying to take advantage of her ethics as well. Mostly what I'd guess is whatever he offers, it's following in the family tradition of starting out as a selfish a**hole, "I ain't in it for your Revolution, I'm in it for the money."
@snufkin

Totally! And if Rey has a vision where she gets the real story on what happened to Ben, she'll be more inclined to trust him, regardless of whether she should or not.

My money is still on Luke blowing the hut over hearing the conversation where Kylo convinces Rey to go after whatever is in the temple with him.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Jakku Fri 21 Oct 2016, 8:01 pm

If it needed a Darksider and a Lightsider, then Luke and Ben were stuffed. Perhaps that's why Ben turned?
Jakku
Jakku
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dementor Fri 21 Oct 2016, 9:49 pm

@ISeeAnIsland, @EchoBase, @Snufkin holy snap I think you guys just found another piece of the puzzle!

Forget spoiler and script leaks, this forum will have Episode VIII figured out before the movie even comes out.
Darth Dementor
Darth Dementor

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Fri 21 Oct 2016, 9:54 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
snufkin wrote:You're probably right on trying to take advantage of her ethics as well. Mostly what I'd guess is whatever he offers, it's following in the family tradition of starting out as a selfish a**hole, "I ain't in it for your Revolution, I'm in it for the money."
@snufkin

Totally! And if Rey has a vision where she gets the real story on what happened to Ben, she'll be more inclined to trust him, regardless of whether she should or not.

My money is still on Luke blowing the hut over hearing the conversation where Kylo convinces Rey to go after whatever is in the temple with him.

@ISeeAnIsland

Dunno if she'll trust him, because who can trust a guy who light sabers his dad? But she'll likely have the "Oh F**k moment where her conscience gets the better of her and she can't not get involved. What happened with BB-8, but on a larger scale. Possibly also playing into her issues again - that's why I think part of it could include him making her some offer she can't turn down, besides "You need a teacher" and it'd have to be her parents. But depending on what she learns about him, it's the same thing that motivated her to rescue/protect BB-8 because nobody did that for her as a child. She'll have that same moment of "I should know better and walk away from the situation but my conscience isn't going to let that happen." This moment:

Discussion: Luke Skywalker/Mark Hamill - Page 2 1507041735865455942

Or for the David Tennant fans, there's always that moment where the 10th Doctor is presented with a situation and he starts muttering "Nononono" to himself because he knows it's going to be trouble, but his code is that he doesn't walk away from those situations. I'd guess it's the same thing and she'll tell him up front that she doesn't trust him.

snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Fri 21 Oct 2016, 10:38 pm

Darth Dementor wrote:@ISeeAnIsland, @EchoBase, @Snufkin holy snap I think you guys just found another piece of the puzzle!

Forget spoiler and script leaks, this forum will have Episode VIII figured out before the movie even comes out.

@Darth Dementor

If that's the case, here's hoping that I'm right about how Luke spent a year in earnest trying to get into that temple, struck out and got depressed, so he's spent the past 5 years hanging around Ache-to in his bathrobe getting stoned. And that Ben just really wants to give Rey a mixtape. Beer Can Space Chicken Monster is gonna be epic. At least that's a movie I'd pay to see in 3-D at IMAX.

Yeah I'd bet money that his 'personal interests' are tied up with whatever's in the Temple, he needs her assistance for a combination of factors (FS, Scavenging skills, LS), and that he'll manipulate her into it because of her family issues/moral code details I posted about above. And that things will get complicated/messy because hello, cocky overconfident Solo males.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Fri 21 Oct 2016, 11:12 pm

Jakku wrote:If it needed a Darksider and a Lightsider, then Luke and Ben were stuffed. Perhaps that's why Ben turned?
@Jakku

Ooh! Talk about something that would make Luke feel responsible. "Hey Ben, try dabbling in this dark side stuff, so that we can open the temple when we find it..."
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Thu 02 Feb 2017, 7:50 am

There has been an interesting development in the SW comics regarding Luke....during the time before ESB when Luke was still hunting for a teacher (and Obi-wan's ghost wasn't talking to him), he reads Obi-wan's diary and finds out that....

1. Yoda had a master for some time, a young boy living on a primitive force strong planet who was branded with a design called the Mark of Ancients (some race of previous inhabitants). This was when Qui Gon was still alive and Obi-wan was a teenager.

Discussion: Luke Skywalker/Mark Hamill - Page 2 Yoda

2. The same boy grows up and meets Obi-wan when he initially arrives on Tatooine....he tells him in some weird cryptic way to hold on to his force power as it will not last forever, and disappears into a crowd. It is implied he might have lost his force powers.

Discussion: Luke Skywalker/Mark Hamill - Page 2 Obi2

3. Luke realises the design on the man's forehead resembles a star system and is heading for it....maybe he thinks he can learn how to be a jedi there? This makes me wonder whether Luke's jedi school actually trained students as traditional jedi or was it a mix of various force traditions.

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Thu 02 Feb 2017, 12:55 pm

@Panki

Made the connection?

You think the below may have some odd connection?

Quite a few  months ago I spotted this Phantom menace concept art of obi wan

The Map to Luke and ach Tu is on his forehead

http://geminiwankenobi.tumblr.com/post/144317929449/hold-the-phone-a-second

Discussion: Luke Skywalker/Mark Hamill - Page 2 Img_3811
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Thu 02 Feb 2017, 1:08 pm

panki wrote:There has been an interesting development in the SW comics regarding Luke....during the time before ESB when Luke was still hunting for a teacher (and Obi-wan's ghost wasn't talking to him), he reads Obi-wan's diary and finds out that....

1. Yoda had a master for some time, a young boy living on a primitive force strong planet who was branded with a design called the Mark of Ancients (some race of previous inhabitants). This was when Qui Gon was still alive and Obi-wan was a teenager.

Discussion: Luke Skywalker/Mark Hamill - Page 2 Yoda

2. The same boy grows up and meets Obi-wan when he initially arrives on Tatooine....he tells him in some weird cryptic way to hold on to his force power as it will not last forever, and disappears into a crowd. It is implied he might have lost his force powers.

Discussion: Luke Skywalker/Mark Hamill - Page 2 Obi2

3. Luke realises the design on the man's forehead resembles a star system and is heading for it....maybe he thinks he can learn how to be a jedi there? This makes me wonder whether Luke's jedi school actually trained students as traditional jedi or was it a mix of various force traditions.
@panki

Did they reveal anything about who the true identity of this "master"? I found out recently that Qui-Gon had also a master called the Shaman of the Whills. This guy is the one who teached how to find the access to immortality by becoming a Force Ghost. Then, Qui-Gon teached it to Yoda and later Obi-Wan.
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Thu 02 Feb 2017, 2:44 pm

@Gemini

I think the mark looks like the mark placed on really ancient sith lord's foreheads in the EU when they assumed the title (like Exar Kunn and Ulic Quel Droma).....they had this mark branded on their foreheads- the character in this comic also had this mark branded on him...and it is called "The Mark of the Ancients" and was allegedly branded on the foreheads of some ancient race.

Discussion: Luke Skywalker/Mark Hamill - Page 2 3515898_star_wars___exar_kun_by_graysun_d_d47zm1z Exar Kunn

Discussion: Luke Skywalker/Mark Hamill - Page 2 Ulic Ulic Quel Droma

@reylo1992

The story arc isn't complete but I get the impresssion that this might be someone linked to another ancient order.....the guy wears reddish robes....I saw a guy in RO (in the background wearing the same robes) and Gallius Rax in Aftermath:Life Debt also wears red robes in one scene....so this might be a different order of force users than the whills.

Discussion: Luke Skywalker/Mark Hamill - Page 2 Rebel-pilot-prisoners-rogue-one

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Thu 09 Feb 2017, 6:52 am

Discussion: Luke Skywalker/Mark Hamill - Page 2 Star_wars_screaming_citadel_cover

There has been some discussion about the upcoming crossover comic series where Luke and Doctor Aphra team up to explore an ancient citadel. What we do know so far is that the Screaming Citadel is going to be “very much a Star Wars gothic-horror story’ and takes place on an infamous castle on the edge of space.

The events take place while Luke is still trying to learn to be a jedi (looking for a teacher) and Aphra has discovered an ancient citadel where a breakaway group of ancient jedi did experiments for immortality. They are later joined in their adventure by Han, Leia and Sana Starros.

The reason I think this is relevant is because the comics and books released in a particular year have some bearing on the movie being released in the same year so maybe this citadel could be a place Luke and Ben re-visit…or maybe this breakaway group has some links to Snoke since he is supposed to be an ancient being.

The SW Website also has an interview with the creators of the cross over comics. I love Aphra's character and can see why some people read their relationship as potentially romantic considering Luke is naive and she is a cynical monster...but going by ethnicity, a romance between Luke and Aphra eliminates Reywalker completely as Aphra is Asian so if he ends up with her, I'm more than okay with it.

Here are some extracts of the interview :

StarWars.com: To take a step back, the idea of pairing Aphra and Luke together is really interesting because they’re so opposite. It’s hard to image either of them wanting anything to do with the other. Where did that idea come from, and what is it like for you guys getting to write them together?

Jason Aaron: Well, story-wise, it comes from them needing something from the other. Aphra is the one who shows up and gets things rolling. She needs Luke to get what she wants, and Luke has been on a quest since the book began to become a Jedi — to become what he needs to be to win the war, to face Darth Vader. Even the end of the current arc in Star Wars — the arc that’s focusing, for the most part, on Yoda — leaves him in another place where he’s, again, desperate to become a Jedi to help his friends. That’s the path he’s on, and Aphra shows up and dangles something in front him that he thinks is gonna help him get there. So they go off together.

But yeah, it’s a very different dynamic between the two of them than what we see in Star Wars, even more so, I think, than Luke and Han. Like I said, that’s been one of the most fun parts so far, is to put those two characters together and drop them into this situation. Initially on their own, and then the rest of the cast will all come into play as we go forward.

Kieron Gillen: It’s like, writing the entirety of the first issue is hilarious. [Laughs] They have such different life experiences. You know, she’s a little older than he is, he’s still naive and she’s a cynical monster. And they go back and forth and they tease each other and, occasionally, they push each other’s buttons. But there’s an underlying similarity. They’ve both lost their families. They’ve both had completely different responses to the horror of the Star Wars universe, the big tragedy, and the push and pull of that is very much the heart of the book. But really, it’s just funny. It’s just fundamentally funny to see them go at each other. Writing that entire issue was a joy, in terms of how they interacted and went back and forth and how they generally got on each other’s nerves. Aphra, to begin with, gets the best of Luke, and it kind of switches up as you go further into it.

Jason Aaron: Kieron, is this the most you’ve written Luke?

Kieron Gillen: It must be. I wrote him a little bit in Vader Down, but it’s only a handful of pages. All I really remember writing in Vader Down is the pages where he just gets ambushed by Triple Zero. He’s making his way through that Jedi Temple. So to do an entire issue with him is a completely different kind of beast, especially the first issue. The rest of the cast is in it, but it’s really about Luke and Aphra. I felt it was quite important for the book, in that way. It establishes what their relationship is.

StarWars.com: Jason, you created Sana, and Kieron, you created Aphra. Obviously, you guys are shepherding these new characters that you brought to Star Wars. Is it important to you to keep evolving them even when you have to balance the responsibility of a crossover?

Kieron Gillen: I think definitely. This is such an enormous story for Aphra and Sana. We alluded to their history a little before, and now it’s the chance to say, “Okay, we’re going to put them together and make them really interact in a more extended way.” They’re very much part of the emotional arc of the whole thing and how the casts end up coming together is very much linked to Sana and Aphra.

Jason Aaron: Absolutely. I think this’ll be a very big arc for both of those characters, separately and together.

Discussion: Luke Skywalker/Mark Hamill - Page 2 Star_wars_31_666x1024

Last edited by panki on Thu 09 Feb 2017, 7:05 am; edited 1 time in total

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Thu 09 Feb 2017, 7:02 am

Is this Miss Aphra a new official candidate to be SkyMum?

lol!
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next