Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion: Luke Skywalker/Mark Hamill

+30
cnunn
panki
Acritiqua
Reylo Lemon
Rei of Sunshine
shii405
Birdwoman
DarthRen
Piper Maru
CienaRee
reylo1992
Gemini
Jakku
ISeeAnIsland
snufkin
EchoBase
Saracene
Rimfaxe96
RKR Connection
Darth Rowan
Darth Dementor
Force22
YoloKylo
MoonFyre
Armadeus
AnneNeville
Darth_Awakened
Rogue Rey
vaderito
Luke Browalker
34 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Discussion: Luke Skywalker/Mark Hamill - Page 3 Empty Re: Discussion: Luke Skywalker/Mark Hamill

Post by panki Thu 09 Feb 2017, 7:04 am

Darth_Awakened wrote:Is this Miss Aphra a new official candidate to be SkyMum?

lol!
@Darth_Awakened

Yes she is....despite Aphra being Asian and PH confirming on Twitter than Rey's parents are white.

https://twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/823960313112313856

That being said, I'm all for a Luke-Aphra romantic relationship as it kills Reywalker completely. Cool

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Discussion: Luke Skywalker/Mark Hamill - Page 3 Empty Re: Discussion: Luke Skywalker/Mark Hamill

Post by CienaRee Sat 18 Feb 2017, 10:06 am

I've been wondering do you guys think it's OOC for LUke to devote all of his time to searching fothe old Jedi lore and FS people?I know that as the last Jedi he had a huge responsability to pass on what he's learned but it seems like such a huge change in his character after the OT has shown how his emtions tend to get the better of him like when eh risked his life to save Han and Leia and later his father.Obviously we don't know much about his life post-Endor and it would be ver interesting to learn more about him after TLJ and episode 9 come out but I still find ti kind of strange that he wouldn't spend more time with Han and Leia (and little Ben)who are his only family after he neraly died trying to reddem his father because of how much he loved him.I mean like I said we don't know much about his relationship with them so I don't want to judge prematurely but it seems like the EU did a better job of establishing a family unit between the Skywalker-Solo families even after Luke became a Jedi(but then again I haven't read that many EU novels so I might be wrong and it looks like the OT3 were constantly invovled in some kind of a war in contrast to canon where they had years of peace).

CienaRee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru Sat 18 Feb 2017, 10:31 am

Watched TFA (again) with my mother last night. She is convinced that Luke did something bad with Rey's parents, and that's why he seems know who she is at the end.
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Sat 18 Feb 2017, 12:54 pm

CienaRee wrote:I've been wondering do you guys think it's OOC for LUke to devote all of his time to searching fothe old Jedi lore and FS people?I know that as the last Jedi he had a huge responsability to pass on what he's learned but it seems like such a huge change in his character after the OT has shown how his emtions tend to get the better of him like when eh risked his life to save Han and Leia and later his father.Obviously we don't know much about his life post-Endor and it would be ver interesting to learn more about him after TLJ and episode 9 come out but I still find ti kind of strange that he wouldn't spend more time with Han and Leia (and little Ben)who are his only family after he neraly died trying to reddem his father because of how much he loved him.I mean like I said we don't know much about his relationship with them so I don't want to judge prematurely but it seems like the EU did a better job of establishing a family unit between the Skywalker-Solo families even after Luke became a Jedi(but then again I haven't read that many EU novels so I might be wrong and it looks like the OT3 were constantly invovled in some kind of a war in contrast to canon where they had years of peace).
@CienaRee

I agree with that to some extent. A while back, Pablo did tweet that it wasn't necessarily Luke's own plan (but someone else's plan) to re-start the Jedi Order. So, it could be something that he was doing out of some obligation (at least at first). But I agree that it seems strange that after everything he went through for Han and Leia, that he wouldn't at least be there for the birth of his nephew.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Mon 13 Mar 2017, 11:15 am

JJ Abrahams si predicting an Oscar nomination for Mark Hamill which speaks volumes about his performance.

I would really like to see Luke being a but of lunatic, not this hero or mythical person Rey is imagining him to be. Kinda parallels what might Ben undewent in his training. Not exactly this type of Luke but also a different person to who he was after RTJ.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman Mon 13 Mar 2017, 12:25 pm

@DarthRen,
I am excited about the same thing. I am hoping for a more complex Luke possibly...maybe a little dark and unhinged? I can't wait to see what happened between him and Kylo? I still honestly think this will be the big reveal in 8. Not who Rey's parents are but why Ben turned and how Luke might have played a big part in that also. Not necessarily intentionally though....I expect that Rey possibly gaining sympathy for Kylo because of what happened between Luke will be the other surprise. I can also see that as a big surprise to the general audience and even the long time fans.

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by shii405 Sun 16 Apr 2017, 6:34 am

For me, how Luke Skywalker is placed on the poster, means something big will happen to him, or Luke will cause a huge turn of events in TLJ. Back when the original big3 was announced to be joining the cast, I immediately thought Luke's role = Yoda's role, the protagonist's master. But it seems like TLJ will also contain a continuation of Luke Skywalker's journey as a Jedi. He will not be just a Yoda II. I'm guessing that Luke might not even had the chance to teach Rey much. FO might arrive earlier than we expect.

Pls correct me if I'm wrong, but I feel that the marketing is promoting Luke as an anti hero, so far. Not so "light." Am I the only one who feel this way? Not sure if marketing does it on purpose or not.

Can't wait to see Mark's Oscar-winning performance! I really hope he do win it! First actor from Star Wars franchise to win Oscar, go Mark!
shii405
shii405
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine Sun 16 Apr 2017, 6:57 am

shii405 wrote:For me, how Luke Skywalker is placed on the poster, means something big will happen to him, or Luke will cause a huge turn of events in TLJ. Back when the original big3 was announced to be joining the cast, I immediately thought Luke's role = Yoda's role, the protagonist's master. But it seems like TLJ will also contain a continuation of Luke Skywalker's journey as a Jedi. He will not be just a Yoda II. I'm guessing that Luke might not even had the chance to teach Rey much. FO might arrive earlier than we expect.

Pls correct me if I'm wrong, but I feel that the marketing is promoting Luke as an anti hero, so far. Not so "light." Am I the only one who feel this way? Not sure if marketing does it on purpose or not.

Can't wait to see Mark's Oscar-winning performance! I really hope he do win it! First actor from Star Wars franchise to win Oscar, go Mark!
@shii405

I think the term is not 'anti-hero' as that one will definitely be Kylo's (and it's a different trope altogether) but more like a disillusioned hermit. A little bit of Ben Kenobi and Yoda. But Luke is more active than those two. They simply sat back and let the Force do it's thing (Ben letting Vader kill him, Yoda letting Luke go to Bespin), Luke on the otherhand seems more assertive in what he wants to happen with the Jedi and is trying to instill what new things he's learned of the Force.

He's not some passive Mentor figure at all and I think that's much better than what most of us expected of him. Him being old and disillusioned will play off nicely against young and hopeful Rey. They are both heroes, but Luke knows his time is over and needs someone else to do the hard work for him.
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Sun 16 Apr 2017, 7:00 am

Birdwoman wrote:@DarthRen,
I am excited about the same thing. I am hoping for a more complex Luke possibly...maybe a little dark and unhinged? I can't wait to see what happened between him and Kylo? I still honestly think this will be the big reveal in 8. Not who Rey's parents are but why Ben turned and how Luke might have played a big part in that also. Not necessarily intentionally though....I expect that Rey possibly gaining sympathy for Kylo because of what happened between Luke will be the other surprise. I can also see that as a big surprise to the general audience and even the long time fans.
@Birdwoman

Poster gave us a little bit of a hint that Luke going darker is on the cards.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dementor Sun 23 Apr 2017, 10:17 pm

Darth Dementor
Darth Dementor

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Mon 15 May 2017, 2:10 am

Someone posted an interesting theory on YouTube....while it may or may not be true, it makes some interesting assumptions and I can see it making a good story (though some old fans might disagree)...

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru Mon 15 May 2017, 8:12 am

In The Art of the Force Awakens there's a concept of art of Luke morphing into a Snoke-like creature. I always thought it was odd.
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Mon 15 May 2017, 9:26 am

Piper Maru wrote:In The Art of the Force Awakens there's a concept of art of Luke morphing into a Snoke-like creature. I always thought it was odd.
@Piper Maru

Yeah, creepy Luke O_o
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Acritiqua Mon 15 May 2017, 10:51 am

It would make sense if Snoke were Luke's shadow. I keep hesitating on that because perhaps Leia and Snoke make the more fitting dyad.
Acritiqua
Acritiqua
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Tue 20 Jun 2017, 4:29 pm

The San Diego suburb where Mark Hamill lived for a few years in his childhood is honorarily re-naming a street after him:

http://www.10news.com/entertainment/san-diego-oks-honorary-star-wars-street-name-in-clairemont
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Sat 24 Jun 2017, 6:10 am

I cannot wait for the next issue of Doctor Aphra to see possessed Luke and his weird interaction with the Vampire Queen.....

Discussion: Luke Skywalker/Mark Hamill - Page 3 STAR-WARS-DOCTOR-APHRA-8-04

Discussion: Luke Skywalker/Mark Hamill - Page 3 STAR-WARS-DOCTOR-APHRA-8-05

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Sat 24 Jun 2017, 6:15 am

@panki

OMG it's Rey's mum!

lol!
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by cnunn Mon 14 Aug 2017, 10:11 am

Rian has a really interesting challenge with Luke in TLJ. Since they are really establishing him as being polar opposite from how he was in the EU, they almost have to throw diehard fans a bone of some kind, either with a really awesome lightsaber duel (I'm hoping with Snoke, or at least the Knights of Ren). Either way, my money is on Luke searching for some kind of old Jedi manuscripts on how to defeat Snoke. I really want super-awesome Jedi master Luke to be hiding under the surface of the grumpy old man that he looks to be, lol.

BUT, that doesn't explain the weirdness that he was up to pre-TFA, and in the Bloodline book. Something weird was going on with him, and I'm dying to know what it is.

cnunn
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Mon 14 Aug 2017, 11:21 am

cnunn wrote:Rian has a really interesting challenge with Luke in TLJ. Since they are really establishing him as being polar opposite from how he was in the EU, they almost have to throw diehard fans a bone of some kind, either with a really awesome lightsaber duel (I'm hoping with Snoke, or at least the Knights of Ren). Either way, my money is on Luke searching for some kind of old Jedi manuscripts on how to defeat Snoke. I really want super-awesome Jedi master Luke to be hiding under the surface of the grumpy old man that he looks to be, lol.

BUT, that doesn't explain the weirdness that he was up to pre-TFA, and in the Bloodline book. Something weird was going on with him, and I'm dying to know what it is.
@cnunn

I agree that there's something "up" with what Luke was up to. It doesn't sound like we're necessarily getting the "Dark Luke" scenario that seemed to be rumored in some quarters, but there has to be something else going on with Luke beyond him being broken and embittered on Ahch-To. A popular theory around here has been that he'd gone fanatical, but about the light side of the Force, and was possibly on a crusade to wipe out darksiders, etc.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucina Wed 13 Sep 2017, 5:42 pm

I just found this interesting post on reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starwarsspeculation/comments/6zq67f/what_primitive_mythology_tells_us_to_expect_from/

Thought it was worth sharing!
Lucina
Lucina
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Wed 13 Sep 2017, 10:04 pm

Lucina wrote:I just found this interesting post on reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starwarsspeculation/comments/6zq67f/what_primitive_mythology_tells_us_to_expect_from/

Thought it was worth sharing!
@Lucina

Great find! I loved every word of it, I hope that is the way they are going.
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Wed 11 Oct 2017, 1:25 am

Someone posted an advenace summary of the book "Legends of Luke Skywalker"....its an interesting read.

Spoiler:

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Tue 07 Nov 2017, 11:38 pm

Interesting (and IMO, plausible) theory/exchange on reddit about Luke:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starwarsspeculation/comments/7bit3r/the_theme_of_the_st_and_balance/

Luke is most likely wracked with grief and guilt over how he couldn't foresee or prevent Ben's fall and how all of his other students died.

My money is that he thinks the Light and Dark Side practitioners cannot exist without the other, similar to how Batman always has to contend with the Joker. Neither ever truly wins; the vanquished always returns. Maybe he thinks that by exiling himself, he can break from the cycle.

His journey will lead him to realize that, regardless of the evil that can arise in the face of a prevailing good, he has a duty to stand against it; that a world without Batman is worse than a world with Batman and the Joker.

Gangsta Rap Guy (who seems to know a few details about TLJ) posted this in response:

Oh you are so close!
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_marshmallow Tue 21 Nov 2017, 8:16 am

I’ve just watched the recent episode of Collider Jedi Council. They want to see Luke igniting the green lightsaber sooooo bad. They always repeat that Rey is the hero of the Sequel Trilogy but I have an impression they really want Luke to save the day.
I also have a feeling that Luke might die in TLJ. I remember during last year celebration panel, Mark Hamill was saying how people always ask him if he and Carrie are like siblings in real life. He said that they fight all the time, they’re not speaking to each other for years and that he would defend her with his life. A hidden spoiler?
The GA expects Leia to die due to Carrie’s passing away. What if it’s Luke who dies, sacrificing himself to defend Leia and leaving no choice to Rey and Kylo, the last remaining force users, but to team up in order to deal with Snoke scratch
Darth_marshmallow
Darth_marshmallow
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Tue 21 Nov 2017, 8:28 am

Darth_marshmallow wrote:I’ve just watched the recent episode of Collider Jedi Council. They want to see Luke igniting the green lightsaber sooooo bad. They always repeat that Rey is the hero of the Sequel Trilogy but I have an impression they really want Luke to save the day.
I also have a feeling that Luke might die in TLJ. I remember during last year celebration panel, Mark Hamill was saying how people always ask him if he and Carrie are like siblings in real life. He said that they fight all the time, they’re not speaking to each other for years and that he would defend her with his life. A hidden spoiler?
The GA expects Leia to die due to Carrie’s passing away. What if it’s Luke who dies, sacrificing himself to defend Leia and leaving no choice to Rey and Kylo, the last remaining force users, but to team up in order to deal with Snoke scratch
@Darth_marshmallow

I can actually see this happening...especially if they decide to have Luke ignite the green and cause significant damage to the FO and Snoke before sacrificing himself....I have this headcanon of a dying Luke telling Ben Solo to complete Rey's jedi training, thus bringing to fruition Kylo's You Need a Teacher line....it would be a nice nod to Qui Gon as well.

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next