Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Potentially Non-Romantic Connection Between Kylo Ren and Rey

+47
Moonjump05
Camaro
RosiePancake
shii405
gwendy85
Kylo Men
SkyStar
Mana
FrolickingFizzgig
Darth Dementor
EchoBase
Piper Maru
Reylo Lemon
Moonlight13
BastilaBey
reylo1992
snufkin
adamdrivershair
vaderito
IoJovi
guardienne
DarthRen
Reynak
rey09
BenOrgana
ReyofLightSide
fuhry
TheLastJedi
Kyla Ren
Acritiqua
MeadowofAshes
ISeeAnIsland
Saracene
Cowgirlsamurai
tukicarreno
Darth Dingbat
SanghaRen
kroi
Tex
AceofWands
Rimfaxe96
panki
Darth_Awakened
Kessel
ZioRen
Helix
Geralt_Riv
51 posters

Page 19 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Go down

The Potentially Non-Romantic Connection Between Kylo Ren and Rey - Page 19 Empty Re: The Potentially Non-Romantic Connection Between Kylo Ren and Rey

Post by Darth_Awakened Thu 12 Oct 2017, 1:29 am

There's one thing that I can't stop thinking of:

A person is falling in love or bonding with another person when she/he consciously or subconsciously recognizes something familiar in another person.

Just saying..
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The Potentially Non-Romantic Connection Between Kylo Ren and Rey - Page 19 Empty Re: The Potentially Non-Romantic Connection Between Kylo Ren and Rey

Post by DarthRen Thu 12 Oct 2017, 2:36 am

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:So from my year and a half old meta:
That is the true nature of Rey and Ren’s dynamic. They are equals. Neither is truly dominant over the other. They share in both dominance and submission, one appearing to weaken just as the other grows stronger. They are two sides of the same coin, Yin and Yang, one dark with a little light, the other light with a little dark. They are the Beauty and the Beast, but neither is truly all Beauty or all “beast”. They share in moments of both, the balance of power between them seeming to rise and fall like the mechanisms of a great scale.
The world is not made of absolutes, just as the Beauty and the Beast is not a set-in-stone plot. It is a storytelling trope. The best writers will take what is loved about something old and make it new again. That is what is so fascinating about Rey and Kylo Ren’s dynamic. Rey is not entirely the Beauty, and Ren is not entirely the Beast. They are a retelling fit for the modern era. They are Yin and Yang, opposites that can only exist in perfect harmony by accepting and understanding that they are not all of one thing, that they can only be truly whole at peace with each other.
It's not totally accurate, but how could it be? I think I predicted it pretty well. Cool
@FrolickingFizzgig

If Rey parents were Dark Side users or associated with. Coming from Dark to Light, still having temptation of Dark

Kylo on the other hand had aLight Side parent/family and came to the Dark Side. Still has that a bit of Light.

We're onto something here.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Thu 12 Oct 2017, 4:56 am

Raw Power truly binds them. If Rey learns more about him and his past, when imo Ben displayed raw power (destruction of Luke's academy), she'll see herself in him and what he was going through. Also, explains when Daisy said Rey could not understand why Kylo rejected his family. Is that none of them understood him, he was a confused, lonely and angry child. Also, hiding the truth about Darth Vader's origins, much like Luke might hide Rey's origins in some similar twist. It just all fits. Kylo/Ben just happens to be Skywalker with this raw power.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Thu 12 Oct 2017, 6:40 am

Saracene wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
Saracene wrote:I guess the only thing about Raw Power for me is that I see absolutely nothing in Rey’s TFA portrayal that suggests a girl who suspects all her life that there’s something off inside her (paraphrasing). When I heard that line in the trailer I kinda went, “eh really? Where did that come from?” Like, there could be a really great story in there no doubt, but the lack of character consistency that can happen when a new director takes over and comes up with new ideas always bugs me.
@Saracene
I mean, it did just awake, didn't it? She said she thought it was always there, but that it awoke more recently. And there are definitely hints in the later parts of the film that Rey isn't pure light side, IMO (Kylo does say that she's "stronger than she knows" like he might know and offers to train her). So yeah, I'm going to need to see the movie before I draw that conclusion because I don't see Rey as saying that she's always thought there was something off about her, but rather something awoke inside of her and she wants answers.
@FrolickingFizzgig

I still find it confusing. If you say that something inside you has always been there, then you must have always sensed it before it actually awoke? Like something dormant? Otherwise why would say that it's always been there? And if you find it troubling now, wouldn't you also find it troubling before?
@Saracene
I've thought about this more and I really feel it was set up well in TFA. Maz even says "it's always been there" to her, just at the time Rey thinks she's talking about "the Light", which is what she shows up still thinking when she encounters Luke. She's just asking for help with her Force powers not really aware that there's something else going on. She has no other reference outside of Kylo. It's Luke who reveals to her that she has #RAWPOWAH and strength that, post-Kylo, scare him (enough for him to not want to teach her anymore)? So I wouldn't say Rey was aware that there was something off about her because in TFA everybody's just telling her she's always had the Force and to breathe, close her eyes and use it. She'll find out in TLJ that it wasn't all sunshine, as she probably started to suspect when she almost lopped Kylo in half.

Of course the continuity won't be perfect, but I don't think this is one of the things that will suggest that.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by shii405 Thu 12 Oct 2017, 8:15 am

I totally forgot Daisy leaked something here on 7:25 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8p_A39eTNwA

This clip was to promote TFA DVD/Bluray.

"Finding the force together... oops, I shouldn't say that... or whatever, I dunno how to describe it" LOL

This must be about that "something special" in both of them, not just about the Force, no? Why shouldn't Daisy say anything what that TFA climax scene means even 4 months after movie release, so it means it would be a spoiler for TLJ?

We're really going to repeat TFA and feel like its a whole different movie, after we watch TLJ, isn't it? cheers
shii405
shii405
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Thu 12 Oct 2017, 8:25 am

The Potentially Non-Romantic Connection Between Kylo Ren and Rey - Page 19 Tumblr_oxngk50BAr1urjkopo1_500
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Thu 12 Oct 2017, 8:44 am

vaderito wrote:The Potentially Non-Romantic Connection Between Kylo Ren and Rey - Page 19 Tumblr_oxngk50BAr1urjkopo1_500
@vaderito

That gif was a matter of days!
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by vaderito Thu 12 Oct 2017, 9:04 am

I think that LF put that scene in the trailer specially for that gif adjustment. Like, it was begging for marriage proposal version.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 12 Oct 2017, 9:08 am

Edit: Nevermind. Going to just log off instead.

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Thu 12 Oct 2017, 9:25 am

WhatGirl wrote:Edit: Nevermind. Going to just log off instead.
@WhatGirl
Question Neutral
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Guest Thu 12 Oct 2017, 9:37 am

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
@WhatGirl
Question Neutral
@FrolickingFizzgig

I don’t want to speak for anyone or stir up trouble... but maybe a thread for the exploration of the potentially NON-ROMANTIC connection between Kylo and Rey isn’t the place for marriage proposal GIFs etc. Isn’t that what the Kylo & Rey, monstah/beauty & beast etc thread is for?

Even after that Reylo-tastic trailer, there are some people here who might still not necessarily be seeing romance, or might just want to discuss other possibilities. There are like a gazillion other threads for the romantic stuff is all I’m saying.

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Thu 12 Oct 2017, 9:39 am

I wonder who sees no romance betwen these two? I might have to re-visit after The Last Jedi, but currently positive.

RosiePancake wrote:
vaderito wrote:I think that LF put that scene in the trailer specially for that gif adjustment. Like, it was begging for marriage proposal version.
@vaderito

His grandpa kissed and married his grandma in the 2nd ep of their trilogy, his papa kissed and flirted his mama in the 2nd ep too, Kylo has to live up to his grandpa and his papa's legacy, he can't (and won't) disappoint them. Just kiss her and forget about the rest of the world bounce
@RosiePancake

I bet he'll serenade to her, he's so extra.

Last edited by DarthRen on Thu 12 Oct 2017, 9:41 am; edited 1 time in total
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Thu 12 Oct 2017, 9:40 am

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
@WhatGirl
Question Neutral
@FrolickingFizzgig

I don’t want to speak for anyone or stir up trouble... but maybe a thread for the exploration of the potentially NON-ROMANTIC connection between Kylo and Rey isn’t the place for marriage proposal GIFs etc. Isn’t that what the Kylo & Rey, monstah/beauty & beast etc thread is for?

Even after that Reylo-tastic trailer, there are some people here who might still not necessarily be seeing romance, or might just want to discuss other possibilities. There are like a gazillion other threads for the romantic stuff is all I’m saying.

@Mrs Ben Solo
Ah okay, that makes sense. It was a harmless joke/meme I'm sure, but this probably isn't the place for it.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Thu 12 Oct 2017, 9:50 am

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
@WhatGirl
Question Neutral
@FrolickingFizzgig

@Mrs Ben Solo

I've always found it comical that this thread is basically the place where we all end up throwing evidence FOR romance out there to reconfirm our doubts, LOL. Not much different from the other threads.
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Thu 12 Oct 2017, 9:54 am

Guys, we have a gazillion and one other threads to post gifs of marriage proposals and other celebratory memes.  I loved the trailer as much as anyone here, but this thread was created for discussion of a non-romantic connection between Rey and Kylo and what that would entail.  Thanks for your understanding.  
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes Thu 12 Oct 2017, 3:18 pm

WhatGirl wrote:So it looks to me from the trailer that Kylo and Rey might end up having something that resembles a teacher-student relationship. Which leaves me wondering what sort of things Kylo will show her in terms of what her place is.

If Luke essentially refuses to accept her as his pupil and Kylo turns away from Snoke, that would naturally lead these two to finding one another, overcoming their differences and forming an alliance. It's only their respective factions that currently force them to be enemies, imo.

My guess is that Kylo will mentor Rey in the ways of the Force but her training won't be complete by the end of TLJ - I doubt that journey will be over until the trilogy itself is concluded. I'm puzzled though as to why she'd go to Snoke, and how? Does Kylo take her to him?
@WhatGirl My kid brother said, and I quote, "He's gonna show her more than the Force." And he wasn't even sold on full blown Reylo prior to the trailer. 

Romantic or not, student-teacher, IMO, is exactly what's foreahadowed in TFA, and now we're seeing the beginnings of that playing out in the preview.

MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 12 Oct 2017, 7:00 pm

The trailer was Reylo-tastic, no doubt about that. However, although the signs look very positive for romance down the line, I don’t expect a kiss or anything more than Rey placing her hand in Kylo’s. She might go in for a hug if it’s a big moment where they’ve just escaped death, she was shown to be surprisingly huggy in TFA (I say surprisingly because she didn’t have many hugging opportunities on Jakku - but maybe she’s making up for lost time!) Anyway, I’m expecting, and would honestly like to see, trust and friendship to blossom first, with underlying UST. These two have a lot to get to grips with before they get to grips with each other. A slow burn starting with a more platonic student/teacher relationship is how I see it unfolding. Giving way to passion too soon would be repeating Anakin and Padme’s mistakes, IMO. There is the Force side of things for them to sort out, not to mention the fight for the galaxy and their place in it. To be honest, I see something bigger than romance, love, lust and all that jazz. Their connection is much more than physical attraction and it seems to me that Rian got it and has gone all out to establish a deeper bond. JJ might bring into the physical in Episode IX but I’ll be happy if TLJ gets them to the point of establishing mutual trust.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Thu 12 Oct 2017, 10:42 pm

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:The trailer was Reylo-tastic, no doubt about that. However, although the signs look very positive for romance down the line, I don’t expect a kiss or anything more than Rey placing her hand in Kylo’s. She might go in for a hug if it’s a big moment where they’ve just escaped death, she was shown to be surprisingly huggy in TFA (I say surprisingly because she didn’t have many hugging opportunities on Jakku - but maybe she’s making up for lost time!) Anyway, I’m expecting, and would honestly like to see, trust and friendship to blossom first, with underlying UST. These two have a lot to get to grips with before they get to grips with each other. A slow burn starting with a more platonic student/teacher relationship is how I see it unfolding. Giving way to passion too soon would be repeating Anakin and Padme’s mistakes, IMO. There is the Force side of things for them to sort out, not to mention the fight for the galaxy and their place in it. To be honest, I see something bigger than romance, love, lust and all that jazz. Their connection is much more than physical attraction and it seems to me that Rian got it and has gone all out to establish a deeper bond. JJ might bring into the physical in Episode IX but I’ll be happy if TLJ gets them to the point of establishing mutual trust.
@Mrs Ben Solo

These are my expectations as well! I don't think we'd get anything physical beyond the hand grab, but I think the door will be wide open for a possible romance in 9. Of course we'll all be thrilled if it happens sooner, though Cool
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Fri 13 Oct 2017, 3:26 am

I want them to first focus on building the friendship or a master-student relationship with Rey in episode 8. Rey hates his guts in episode 7 and her suddenly flipping her stance with no solid foundation beyond some weird connection will make a lot of people see it as forced....so I want them to actually get to know one another and first become friends..... and a romance to happen in episode 9 so it seems like a natural progression.

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Oct 2017, 5:26 pm

1. How did you react to TLJ trailer a few days ago?
2. How do you feel now that Reylo is getting near to coming true?
3. How do you think you will react in theater when we actually get Reylo intense moments?

I viewed the ending of the trailer differently than some others. I didn't see a confirmation of romance. I saw Kylo and Rey relating as two Force users who've found themselves each isolated due to their powers. I think there will be scenes of Kylo showing Rey the ways of the Force. They will likely become friends. After that Vanity Fair article, I'm not expecting anything beyond a platonic connection.

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sat 14 Oct 2017, 5:45 pm

WhatGirl wrote:
3. How do you think you will react in theater when we actually get Reylo intense moments?

I viewed the ending of the trailer differently than some others. I didn't see a confirmation of romance. I saw Kylo and Rey relating as two Force users who've found themselves each isolated due to their powers. I think there will be scenes of Kylo showing Rey the ways of the Force. They will likely become friends. After that Vanity Fair article, I'm not expecting anything beyond a platonic connection.
@WhatGirl

But Episode IX is where things heat up says Rian. Though he won't be there to direct it. But JJ will. With Ava's help! Twisted Evil
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Oct 2017, 5:49 pm

WhatGirl wrote:

@WhatGirl

I pretty much felt the same. The potential for it to go into romantic territory is there but I don’t expect TLJ to venture down that path.

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Sat 14 Oct 2017, 5:53 pm

WhatGirl wrote:

@WhatGirl

Not like I'd be mad at them for not pursing a romance. It can work easily as platonic, spiritual bond for a life and make for a compelling arc. Vanity Fair interview is hardly an evidence in favour of a romance or no romance.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next