Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Potentially Non-Romantic Connection Between Kylo Ren and Rey

+47
Moonjump05
Camaro
RosiePancake
shii405
gwendy85
Kylo Men
SkyStar
Mana
FrolickingFizzgig
Darth Dementor
EchoBase
Piper Maru
Reylo Lemon
Moonlight13
BastilaBey
reylo1992
snufkin
adamdrivershair
vaderito
IoJovi
guardienne
DarthRen
Reynak
rey09
BenOrgana
ReyofLightSide
fuhry
TheLastJedi
Kyla Ren
Acritiqua
MeadowofAshes
ISeeAnIsland
Saracene
Cowgirlsamurai
tukicarreno
Darth Dingbat
SanghaRen
kroi
Tex
AceofWands
Rimfaxe96
panki
Darth_Awakened
Kessel
ZioRen
Helix
Geralt_Riv
51 posters

Page 11 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 21  Next

Go down

The Potentially Non-Romantic Connection Between Kylo Ren and Rey - Page 11 Empty Re: The Potentially Non-Romantic Connection Between Kylo Ren and Rey

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Fri 30 Jun 2017, 12:41 pm

DarthRen wrote:Just to add about the impact of their relationship.

One of my very dear friends who loves them, can understand their loneliness and sense of wanting to belong somewhere and to someone. Her parents gave her up for adoption when she was a baby. She went from one family to another, having this feeling like being a stranger. She loves most of all Rey who she can sympathize most with, but also Kylo for her parents to give up and being confused and bit angry child.

So to her and many people out there it's not about she's hot, he's hot get them together, Jedi's yay or supporing abuse relationship like antis are saying. She sees the light at the end of the dark tunnel and the struggle of two confused, hurted and lonely people. This aspect is very important because a lot of people can see part of themselves in Kylo and Rey, Adam certainly can.

I gotta bring her here because she has so many wonderful ideas, but tries to stay away from social media in regards to Reylo. She understands the amount of hate it can lead to - if people are ignoring or misunderstanding our views and what we really sees in them.
@DarthRen

I don't blame your friend. I also refrain from mentioning Reylo on social media completely. Most of my "friends" disapproved of TFA so if someone threw out the idea that Rey and Kylo might get together, their eyes would be rolling back in their heads. That's why I've come to this place. If things do end up romantic, I'll totally come out of the closet on FB like, "I KNEW IT!" But right now, I just don't want to get looked down on for wanting epic romance thrown in to their manly space movies.

I also don't ship Rey and Kylo because I think they're good looking, and I don't think them being attractive hints at a romance happening between the two. I think good looking actors were chosen because they're main parts in a hugely popular film series. Rey and Finn look good together, heck, Rey and Poe look good together, but there wouldn't be much meaning in these unions story wise.

Sorry if this post is rambly and poorly written. I have 30 pounds of dead weight sleeping on top of me while my head is tilted 90 degrees to the left, and I'm typing on my phone with my only free hand, lol.
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The Potentially Non-Romantic Connection Between Kylo Ren and Rey - Page 11 Empty Re: The Potentially Non-Romantic Connection Between Kylo Ren and Rey

Post by snufkin Fri 30 Jun 2017, 1:32 pm

@cowgirlsamurai - sounds like your avatar is true to life!

@SanghaRen - excellent summary. We don't know yet what the story is going to be. But unlike every other argument thrown about by fans, we do know that the central relationship of the ST will be between these two. And that it promises to be more complicated and interesting than what the aforementioned arguments have been.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by adamdrivershair Fri 30 Jun 2017, 2:10 pm

snufkin wrote:@cowgirlsamurai - sounds like your avatar is true to life!

@SanghaRen - excellent summary. We don't know yet what the story is going to be. But unlike every other argument thrown about by fans, we do know that the central relationship of the ST will be between these two. And that it promises to be more complicated and interesting than what the aforementioned arguments have been.
@snufkin

Apparently the "key relationship" in TLJ is between Luke and Rey, which is slightly disappointing to me. But I suppose you can't throw Luke into the mix and not have him be a major player when it comes to the protagonist of the ST. And Kylo is still the antagonist - and made it onto the poster. So I'm resolving to be optimistic about what the "central" relationship of the ST might be.
adamdrivershair
adamdrivershair
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLastJedi Fri 30 Jun 2017, 2:17 pm

adamdrivershair wrote:

@snufkin

Apparently the "key relationship" in TLJ is between Luke and Rey, which is slightly disappointing to me. But I suppose you can't throw Luke into the mix and not have him be a major player when it comes to the protagonist of the ST. And Kylo is still the antagonist - and made it onto the poster. So I'm resolving to be optimistic about what the "central" relationship of the ST might be.
@adamdrivershair

I believe Luke will be as central as Han was in the first episode and Leia would have been in episode three. This is Rey's story with Kylo being the main antagonist and the guy she connects the most.
No matter how you see it, even if Luke is her father, the relationship between a woman in her 20's and a man in his 60's can't evolve enough to be central to a 2 hours movie. What's between them? Love? Hate? So he is her father, she doesn't even know him. It's still the same, there can't be a movie based only to a father daughter type of relationship.
TheLastJedi
TheLastJedi
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Fri 30 Jun 2017, 2:23 pm

TheLastJedi wrote:
adamdrivershair wrote:

@snufkin

@adamdrivershair

I believe Luke will be as central as Han was in the first episode and Leia would have been in episode three. This is Rey's story with Kylo being the main antagonist and the guy she connects the most.
No matter how you see it, even if Luke is her father, the relationship between a woman in her 20's and a man in his 60's can't evolve enough to be central to a 2 hours movie. What's between them? Love? Hate? So he is her father, she doesn't even know him. It's still the same, there can't be a movie based only to a father daughter type of relationship.
@TheLastJedi

I agree. I think the relationship between her and Luke will be a bit more elaborate and deeper than teacher/student relationship between Obi Wan and Luke in the OT. Just that nothing more. Definitely important, but not the "key thing".
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Fri 30 Jun 2017, 2:41 pm

TheLastJedi wrote:
adamdrivershair wrote:

@snufkin

@adamdrivershair

@TheLastJedi

I agree with this the most. Despite the talk about Luke being central, let's not forget the # of irate fans who have their hopes pinned on TLJ because they feel 'cheated' by his absence in TFA (which my guess is part of the "TFA sucks, not a SW movie" complaints). Even within TFA, the friendship she developed with Han, he really was there both to finish off his own character arc from the OT following the Kurosawa line Kasdan kept quoting. Beyond that, he was mostly a bridge or helper character in service of Rey's story, to connect her with the Force plot via his brother-in-law and most important of all, take her the place where she first meets his son, who is very much the character she connects the most with. It's that connection and relationship which is central to the Force plot, especially as she delves further into the story hinted at by LST, Han (no coincidence he tells the story and when he says "one boy" it stops on the face of "what girl"), and Leia. Luke and Han both serve as guides/mentors along the way to her future and the person standing there is more than likely Ben.

Or to put it in movie nerd terms, while Rey's relationship with Han was like Mattie Neal and Rooster Cogburn in True Grit (down to original production designs drawing Han in his costume to look like the Coen Brothers' version of the character), Rey and Luke will be like Cat Ballou and Kid Sheleen. Including the quote that sometimes you meet people who are heroes and they turn out to not be what you expected. That hints more at Rey having expectations of Luke being like a heroic dime store gunfighter on the side of the good guys, which gets upended by somebody who's more human and fallible. Or to use another movie example cited here, Luke is not going to be Mr Miyagi.

@adamdrivershair - I've heard the same thing too about Luke being central and it's funny how much I enjoyed TFA, because he was always my least favorite character. Unless they do something really interesting like the Dark Luke scenario (which the purists HATE), this will probably be me any time he's on screen with Rey, which is exactly how I was as a kid watching the OT during his scenes

Last edited by snufkin on Fri 30 Jun 2017, 3:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix Fri 30 Jun 2017, 2:59 pm

@Darth Dingbat

Actually, it really isn't consider how science and those topics usually works vs the reality of the Victorian era. They're both Horror, but there's millions of ways even the same genre can or can't work. Cosmic Horror is a whole different ballgame from Gothic, both Horror or not. 'They're both scary' is both too broad and too narrow. Even a comedy gone tragic can work, if you put faith and good writers on it. The stringent hold on rules and the way the past worked is actually I think the biggest issue with modern Hollywood. We stick to those instead of tweaking them or making new ones so we get the same things in movies ad nauseam. But agree to disagree.
Helix
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Fri 30 Jun 2017, 3:12 pm

@Helix, I don't think we really disagree all that much. I think we're just largely talking at cross purposes here.

I agree that comedy gone tragic can and does work - one of my favourite films of all time is Wilder's The Private Life of Sherlock Holmes, for example. But I was talking specifically about light-hearted romantic comedy.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Fri 30 Jun 2017, 3:20 pm

As far as it being said that Rey and Luke's relationship will be the key factor in TLJ, I've chalked that up to Reywalker misdirection and I don't put much stock into it. The marketing is simply there to play up the mystery box even further, and while I don't agree that's the best plan overall, it is what it is. All I can say is they are going to have some seriously disappointed Reywalkers on their hands if they keep this up. Face it, Luke is no longer the main character and this isn't his trilogy. He'll have a role like Han in TFA, which I think will still be satisfying to the GA overall.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix Fri 30 Jun 2017, 3:21 pm

Darth Dingbat wrote:@Helix, I don't think we really disagree all that much. I think we're just largely talking at cross purposes here.

I agree that comedy gone tragic can and does work - one of my favourite films of all time is Wilder's The Private Life of Sherlock Holmes, for example. But I was talking specifically about light-hearted romantic comedy.
@Darth Dingbat

I suppose I just don't like limiting narratives. I think it's better to have tried something like that and failed than to not have tried at all, especially in this era of half-*** manufactured cinema. Some things will work and some won't.
Helix
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Fri 30 Jun 2017, 5:53 pm

EchoBase wrote:
What about the frog? Very Happy
@EchoBase

I don't even remember where I got this frog. Found it in a drawer one day and it just made sense to place it there looking up at Kylo. You know who the frog represents, the one who wants to kick Rey back in her corner Laughing

@IoJovi

I agree on Luke. When you watch TFA interviews, the OT trio always pointed out in a way or another that they are the older generation passing the torch. A Han-like presence for Luke in TLJ makes sense. I actually think Han's presence in TFA was well balanced. I also think it satisfied the craving of the GA to see Han - and mine because Han and Leia are still my favorite OT characters - without overshadowing the new generation.

I don't know if they are playing the Reywalker card in their marketing, but I'd agree they are overblowing Luke and Rey's relationship as the main one which is funny considering there's a third face on the poster and not small neither. I have the feeling that the relationship they really do not want to talk about is not even Reylo but Luke and Kylo and I find it fascinating that no journalist ever asks "So what's the biff between uncle and nephew?" Unless they are not allowed to ask about it.

Did I mention how excited I am at the prospect of an uncle-nephew reunion in TLJ? I probably already did 100 times. I wonder how they will call each other. Will Kylo call him "Uncle" or "Luke Skywalker" the same way he called his father "Han Solo". Will he turn to Rey and tell her "You should choose your father figures more wisely. This one will disappoint you too... He already has, hasn't he?" Smirk. Which would be quite ironic since he's chosen Snoke. When is TLJ coming out again? Someone mentioned 160+ days. I'd actually go frantic if the next pic or footage shows Kylo and Luke facing each other.

SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Fri 30 Jun 2017, 5:58 pm

IoJovi wrote:As far as it being said that Rey and Luke's relationship will be the key factor in TLJ, I've chalked that up to Reywalker misdirection and I don't put much stock into it.  The marketing is simply there to play up the mystery box even further, and while I don't agree that's the best plan overall, it is what it is.  All I can say is they are going to have some seriously disappointed Reywalkers on their hands if they keep this up.  Face it, Luke is no longer the main character and this isn't his trilogy.  He'll have a role like Han in TFA, which I think will still be satisfying to the GA overall.  
@IoJovi

I don't think the focus on Luke and Rey is Reywalker misdirection, meaning I think if RJ and LF marketing say their relationship will be the key factor in TLJ, it will be in some way...However, I don't think it means Rey's only key relationship in TLJ will be with Luke. I just think it's "safe" for LF to highlight the importance of the Rey and Luke relationship because it's what many people are expecting and anticipating; it's where the story left off.  

I think there's a lot being kept under wraps, especially when it comes to Kylo. He's on the teaser poster with Luke and Rey and I'm sure that must mean something, but we shall see..
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Fri 30 Jun 2017, 6:10 pm

I expect Luke to be more important to Rey in TLJ than Han was in TFA, since Rey's journey is about the force and Han couldn't really offer much in that regard, heck I don't think he even got to learn that Rey had powers. I expect Luke to be the character she'll spend most time with.

What I wonder about is the breakdown between how much screentime the force plot takes up vs the Resistance plot. Half-half? 40/60?
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Jun 2017, 6:27 pm

SanghaRen wrote:Did I mention how excited I am at the prospect of an uncle-nephew reunion in TLJ? I probably already did 100 times. I wonder how they will call each other. Will Kylo call him "Uncle" or "Luke Skywalker" the same way he called his father "Han Solo". Will he turn to Rey and tell her "You should choose your father figures more wisely. This one will disappoint you too... He already has, hasn't he?" Smirk. Which would be quite ironic since he's chosen Snoke. When is TLJ coming out again? Someone mentioned 160+ days. I'd actually go frantic if the next pic or footage shows Kylo and Luke facing each other.
@SanghaRen

I'm really looking forward to their reunion too! I feel that Kylo will initially call him "Skywalker". If he intends to kill Luke, he'll want to be as detached as possible. I think he had to call his father by his full name "Han Solo" because he, too, is a Solo.

How Luke addresses Kylo will be interesting. At first I thought he'd call him "Ben" as Han did. But I think it depends on whether or not Luke thinks Ben is still there/can be saved. He might have lost faith since Kylo killed his father, a line Luke himself wasn't able to cross.

If that's the case, then I think it will be Rey who will call him Ben. As the protagonist she will be the redeemer and it will come down to what she personally believes is the right thing to do, even if it directly opposes what Luke thinks.

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Fri 30 Jun 2017, 6:40 pm

I missed the Zootopia discussions, but just wanted to say that I was expecting a bunny-fox romance. I didn't even stop to consider that it does not make sense between a predator and a prey because well, it's a cartoon. I accept way more stuff in cartoons. For instance I love American Dad and it ocurred to me some time ago that some jokes are really awful but they make me laugh and that if the same jokes were in a movie with actors, I'd probably be shocked and switch to another channel.

Coming back to Zootopia, I am happy they left it open because it's also nice that not every cute cartoon ends with the Disney "they lived happily ever after" treatment and leaves it up to people's interpretation, but it is true that they would have to answer that question if they do another one.

@Saracene

Yeah, but I am not so sure that Luke will be the one showing her much about the Force. I still think Kylo is a better candidate to eventually teach her. He already started in TFA. And I still have my doubts on how much time she spends with Luke, at least on screen. They definitively spend some time training and so, but I would not be surprised if the training is cut short and they get separated and Luke gets involved in the Resistance plot. RJ might be mixing up the 2 plots earlier than we expect based on the OT. Or not. Very difficult to predict. I would not even put it past RJ that the Force plot ends up on another planet that was shot entirely in studios while we all focus on Ahch-To being the big thing for the force plot.

@WhatGirl

Rey the Redeemer. I like the sound of it. Rey going against Luke's wishes or ideas is so engrained in my brain at this point that if she follows him like a puppy, I will gape at the screen thinking "What are you doing, girl?"
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Fri 30 Jun 2017, 7:32 pm

@snufkin

Oh yes, I definitely identify with Han as a parent. I'd rather be out smuggling.
But Ben, in that illustration, looks just like my little girl when she's asleep. 

I thought Han's Wild West gunslinger aesthetic went with my username, and I love imagining him in a sweet moment with his son, but that serious expression says it all. "Gods, I hope he's nothing like Vader."
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by adamdrivershair Fri 30 Jun 2017, 8:30 pm

snufkin wrote:
@adamdrivershair - I've heard the same thing too about Luke being central and it's funny how much I enjoyed TFA, because he was always my least favorite character. Unless they do something really interesting like the Dark Luke scenario (which the purists HATE), this will probably be me any time he's on screen with Rey, which is exactly how I was as a kid watching the OT during his scenes

@snufkin

Ha. I like Luke well enough, but he's Rian's favorite SW character, so maybe Luke will be more interesting this time around.

snufkin wrote:Even within TFA, the friendship she developed with Han, he really was there both to finish off his own character arc from the OT following the Kurosawa line Kasdan kept quoting. Beyond that, he was mostly a bridge or helper character in service of Rey's story, to connect her with the Force plot via his brother-in-law and most important of all, take her the place where she first meets his son, who is very much the character she connects the most with. It's that connection and relationship which is central to the Force plot, especially as she delves further into the story hinted at by LST, Han (no coincidence he tells the story and when he says "one boy" it stops on the face of "what girl"), and Leia. Luke and Han both serve as guides/mentors along the way to her future and the person standing there is more than likely Ben.

@snufkin

Well put. This is my hope for how things play out.

I just want what the poster promised me - a central role for Ben. (Which, by extension, bodes well for any Reylo developments.)
adamdrivershair
adamdrivershair
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Fri 30 Jun 2017, 8:44 pm

SanghaRen wrote:I missed the Zootopia discussions, but just wanted to say that I was expecting a bunny-fox romance. I didn't even stop to consider that it does not make sense between a predator and a prey because well, it's a cartoon. I accept way more stuff in cartoons. For instance I love American Dad and it ocurred to me some time ago that some jokes are really awful but they make me laugh and that if the same jokes were in a movie with actors, I'd probably be shocked and switch to another channel.

Coming back to Zootopia, I am happy they left it open because it's also nice that not every cute cartoon ends with the Disney "they lived happily ever after" treatment and leaves it up to people's interpretation, but it is true that they would have to answer that question if they do another one.

@Saracene

Yeah, but I am not so sure that Luke will be the one showing her much about the Force. I still think Kylo is a better candidate to eventually teach her. He already started in TFA. And I still have my doubts on how much time she spends with Luke, at least on screen. They definitively spend some time training and so, but I would not be surprised if the training is cut short and they get separated and Luke gets involved in the Resistance plot. RJ might be mixing up the 2 plots earlier than we expect based on the OT. Or not. Very difficult to predict. I would not even put it past RJ that the Force plot ends up on another planet that was shot entirely in studios while we all focus on Ahch-To being the big thing for the force plot.

@WhatGirl

Rey the Redeemer. I like the sound of it. Rey going against Luke's wishes or ideas is so engrained in my brain at this point that if she follows him like a puppy, I will gape at the screen thinking "What are you doing, girl?"
@SanghaRen

I've also wondered if there's a major location/setting that we're missing. I mean, all that we heard about the Crait "shoot" were some rumblings and a picture of a cockpit shot out in the Bolivian salt flats.

We still have no idea what the Iceland shoot was for. It doesn't intuitively connect to any spoilers that we're aware of.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Fri 30 Jun 2017, 9:04 pm

@Cowgirlsamurai - "I smuggle not snuggle." was in the Wendig book. Prime piece of Dad humor (and you'd guess some foreshadowing)

@adamdrivershair - Dark Luke or at least Luke who's doesn't remind me of a church youth pastor would be an improvement. My best guess for one of the central details of the ST thanks to Bloodline is that his own Daddy issues, which sounds like fixating on his father's heroic actions while being in denial of all the reasons why Leia's more traumatized by her experience, will play a role in TLJ. I really like the idea of @SanghaRen's suggestion that another big secret they may be hiding is that Rey ends up learning more from Ben, both by osmosis and possibly finally taking him up on his offer.

snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Sat 01 Jul 2017, 5:52 pm

SanghaRen wrote:
EchoBase wrote:
@EchoBase

I don't even remember where I got this frog. Found it in a drawer one day and it just made sense to place it there looking up at Kylo. You know who the frog represents, the one who wants to kick Rey back in her corner Laughing

@IoJovi

I agree on Luke. When you watch TFA interviews, the OT trio always pointed out in a way or another that they are the older generation passing the torch. A Han-like presence for Luke in TLJ makes sense. I actually think Han's presence in TFA was well balanced. I also think it satisfied the craving of the GA to see Han - and mine because Han and Leia are still my favorite OT characters - without overshadowing the new generation.

I don't know if they are playing the Reywalker card in their marketing, but I'd agree they are overblowing Luke and Rey's relationship as the main one which is funny considering there's a third face on the poster and not small neither. I have the feeling that the relationship they really do not want to talk about is not even Reylo but Luke and Kylo and I find it fascinating that no journalist ever asks "So what's the biff between uncle and nephew?" Unless they are not allowed to ask about it.

Did I mention how excited I am at the prospect of an uncle-nephew reunion in TLJ? I probably already did 100 times. I wonder how they will call each other. Will Kylo call him "Uncle" or "Luke Skywalker" the same way he called his father "Han Solo". Will he turn to Rey and tell her "You should choose your father figures more wisely. This one will disappoint you too... He already has, hasn't he?" Smirk. Which would be quite ironic since he's chosen Snoke. When is TLJ coming out again? Someone mentioned 160+ days. I'd actually go frantic if the next pic or footage shows Kylo and Luke facing each other.

@SanghaRen

That's exactly what I think. I mean, I find it crazy how much we get information about Luke,  Rey, Finn, Poe, Leia and even Rose...but practically nothing about Kylo. I haven't seen much about the SW Celebration but Adam Driver wasn't there and obviously nobody talked a lot about his character. The few times we've heard from Adam about his evolution in TLJ, it was only to stress his humanity and yet the the most of the articles and videos think he's gonna turn fully bad. That's why I tend to believe that there may be a big twist about him and  his fate beyond TLJ

Like you pointed out, it's not as if he was absent from the poster and as one of us pointed out (sorry guys, don't remember who) he looks more like a damsel in distress than an awful villain. He actually looks strangely feminine and sad with this make-up under his eyes. Maybe I imagine things but it looks like he has watery eyes a tear rolling down his cheek Question
The Potentially Non-Romantic Connection Between Kylo Ren and Rey - Page 11 785a0511

Like you I am looking forward to having them reunited, learning about their past and how this will impact the dynamic of the trio.
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Sat 01 Jul 2017, 6:05 pm

@Reylo1992 I never even noticed that and I have the damn thing hanging in my office at home. I see it every time I walk in there. I always thought I saw sadness in Kylo every time I see it, but dang it does look like he's crying.

Great catch! cheers
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Sat 01 Jul 2017, 7:53 pm

reylo1992 wrote:
SanghaRen wrote:
EchoBase wrote:
@EchoBase

@IoJovi

@SanghaRen

That's exactly what I think. I mean, I find it crazy how much we get information about Luke,  Rey, Finn, Poe, Leia and even Rose...but practically nothing about Kylo. I haven't seen much about the SW Celebration but Adam Driver wasn't there and obviously nobody talked a lot about his character. The few times we've heard from Adam about his evolution in TLJ, it was only to stress his humanity and yet the the most of the articles and videos think he's gonna turn fully bad. That's why I tend to believe that there may be a big twist about him and  his fate beyond TLJ

Like you pointed out, it's not as if he was absent from the poster and as one of us pointed out (sorry guys, don't remember who) he looks more like a damsel in distress than an awful villain. He actually looks strangely feminine and sad with this make-up under his eyes. Maybe I imagine things but it looks like he has watery eyes a tear rolling down his cheek Question
The Potentially Non-Romantic Connection Between Kylo Ren and Rey - Page 11 785a0511

Like you I am looking forward to having them reunited, learning about their past and how this will impact the dynamic of the trio.
@reylo1992

There is definitely some guyliner and eyebrow grooming going on there. I've looked at my "real" version of that poster countless times, and I'd never noticed the eye makeup before.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix Sat 01 Jul 2017, 8:01 pm

The crease shading around the top of his eyelid kinda looks like winged eyeliner...
Helix
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dementor Sat 01 Jul 2017, 10:30 pm

Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
DarthRen wrote:Just to add about the impact of their relationship.

One of my very dear friends who loves them, can understand their loneliness and sense of wanting to belong somewhere and to someone. Her parents gave her up for adoption when she was a baby. She went from one family to another, having this feeling like being a stranger. She loves most of all Rey who she can sympathize most with, but also Kylo for her parents to give up and being confused and bit angry child.

So to her and many people out there it's not about she's hot, he's hot get them together, Jedi's yay or supporing abuse relationship like antis are saying. She sees the light at the end of the dark tunnel and the struggle of two confused, hurted and lonely people. This aspect is very important because a lot of people can see part of themselves in Kylo and Rey, Adam certainly can.

I gotta bring her here because she has so many wonderful ideas, but tries to stay away from social media in regards to Reylo. She understands the amount of hate it can lead to - if people are ignoring or misunderstanding our views and what we really sees in them.
@DarthRen

I don't blame your friend. I also refrain from mentioning Reylo on social media completely. Most of my "friends" disapproved of TFA so if someone threw out the idea that Rey and Kylo might get together, their eyes would be rolling back in their heads. That's why I've come to this place. If things do end up romantic, I'll totally come out of the closet on FB like, "I KNEW IT!" But right now, I just don't want to get looked down on for wanting epic romance thrown in to their manly space movies.

I also don't ship Rey and Kylo because I think they're good looking, and I don't think them being attractive hints at a romance happening between the two. I think good looking actors were chosen because they're main parts in a hugely popular film series. Rey and Finn look good together, heck, Rey and Poe look good together, but there wouldn't be much meaning in these unions story wise.

Sorry if this post is rambly and poorly written. I have 30 pounds of dead weight sleeping on top of me while my head is tilted 90 degrees to the left, and I'm typing on my phone with my only free hand, lol.
@Cowgirlsamurai

Same here. I brought up Reylo once in a different forum and World War III broke out. There's enough push back just from disproving Rey is Luke's daughter but then throw in she will end up with the guy who killed Han Bloody Solo and it's to much for the fanboys with their built in, entitled, head canons to bear.

Nowadays if I talk about TFA, outside of our friendly confines, I keep it to Rey's parentage (mainly who is NOT her family, on my part) because that is the big question the casual fan/audience seems to go on about. At least then it only turns into a slap fight as opposed to a knife fight if we disagree LOL.

Darth Dementor
Darth Dementor

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Sun 02 Jul 2017, 1:46 am

Helix wrote:The crease shading around the top of his eyelid kinda looks like winged eyeliner...
@Helix

OMG! Disney, what the hell are you doing ??? lol!
The Potentially Non-Romantic Connection Between Kylo Ren and Rey - Page 11 785a0513
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 21  Next