Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

+70
Gemini
reylo1992
shii405
CienaRee
RosiePancake
colibri
fuhry
MrsWindu
Piper Maru
AceofWands
Blood Moon
Marie Ren
benorganasolo
MindAndMagic
kroi
tukicarreno
MoonFyre
nite0wl29
Tex
Darth Rowan
Moonjump05
BenRey
krissy01
jakkusun
rey09
Anakin Skywalker
bashfulblueeyes3
Xylo Ren
Mana
DarthRen
Blackcanary
panki
Kessel
Airemyn
Geralt_Riv
SkyStar
Darth_Awakened
nemapasara
Reylo Lemon
Night Huntress
Irina de France
IoJovi
Rimfaxe96
FrolickingFizzgig
Helix
Armadeus
Acritiqua
Moonlight13
spacebaby45678
Lily Snape
Rei of Sunshine
MeadowofAshes
Kylo Men
SheLitAFire
ReyofLightSide
SoloSideCousin
Kyla Ren
Saracene
Cowgirlsamurai
ISeeAnIsland
Man Without A Star
snufkin
adamdrivershair
SanghaRen
motherofpearl1
Darth Dingbat
Birdwoman
Forsythia
vaderito
EchoBase
74 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 12 Empty Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Thu 28 Sep 2017, 6:17 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:Looks like TLJ's runtime will be 2 1/2 hours (150 minutes), which is the longest Star Wars movie to date. I'm not complaining:

https://www.cineworld.co.uk/films/star-wars-the-last-jedi

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 12 Screen29
@ISeeAnIsland

This is amazing news! I'm so excited cheers
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Thu 28 Sep 2017, 6:24 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:Looks like TLJ's runtime will be 2 1/2 hours (150 minutes), which is the longest Star Wars movie to date. I'm not complaining:

@ISeeAnIsland

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 12 Giphy
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BenRey Thu 28 Sep 2017, 6:24 pm

150 minutes!!! Shocked
BenRey
BenRey
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Thu 28 Sep 2017, 6:29 pm

@ISeeAnIsland I am VERY pleased with this news. I wonder what in the world could warrant so much screen time...
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren Thu 28 Sep 2017, 6:46 pm

@ISeeAnIsland

The extra 30 minutes was added for the Kylo and Rey XXX scene.
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Thu 28 Sep 2017, 6:51 pm

TFA was 140 minutes, right? At least we're getting 10 more minutes for a packed field of players and ground to cover. Though I'd be fine if they did 2 separate stand alone for the Force plot movie versus the Resistance/Beautiful Friendship Gang with Rose taking over as the sassy action girl part of the heroic trio. I suspect that part of the movie will be more of the crowd pleaser side for kids and the traditionalists versus the Force plot.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Rowan Thu 28 Sep 2017, 7:32 pm

IoJovi wrote:@ISeeAnIsland I am VERY pleased with this news. I wonder what in the world could warrant so much screen time...

@IoJovi  I read your comment and then looked at your new profile pic and it was just too perfect. XD

I am also pleased as punch with this news. It's getting real, guys.

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 12 Gatsby
Darth Rowan
Darth Rowan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Thu 28 Sep 2017, 7:38 pm

Darth Rowan wrote:
IoJovi wrote:@ISeeAnIsland I am VERY pleased with this news. I wonder what in the world could warrant so much screen time...

@IoJovi  I read your comment and then looked at your new profile pic and it was just too perfect. XD

@Darth Rowan Yess @IoJovi I'm obsessed with your pic, expresses all my reylo feelings into one beautiful moment

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Thu 28 Sep 2017, 7:49 pm

rey09 wrote:
Darth Rowan wrote:

@Darth Rowan Yess @IoJovi I'm obsessed with your pic, expresses all my reylo feelings into one beautiful moment
@rey09

We can thank the wonderful Panda Cuppacino for the gorgeous artwork. I had to snag it when I saw it on Tumblr...
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Thu 28 Sep 2017, 8:04 pm

I'm super pumped that TLJ is 150 minutes long. That's a good length for a movie. Apparently, TFA was 136 minutes (2 1/2 hours according to google)... an extra 10-15 minutes can add quite a bit to a movie.

Btw, your avatar is all kinds of beautiful "@Iojovi".
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Thu 28 Sep 2017, 8:49 pm

It's funny but with all the hype right now for Blade Runner 2049, where I loved the original movie and Phillip K. D*ck novella, I could care less. Especially because it doesn't feel too hard based on the trailer and knowing the original film/novel what the story is probably. Versus TLJ, where we have best guesses and pretty good levels of confidence (to quote my old college advisor who was a statistician) about what we're going to see. But what we do know, which is very little, looks good enough to be exciting. So looking forward to seeing this and The Shape of Water, but could care less about the re-boot Harrison Ford is doing this time around for one of his old roles.

snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Thu 28 Sep 2017, 8:50 pm

Kessel wrote:I'm super pumped that TLJ is 150 minutes long. That's a good length for a movie. Apparently, TFA was 136 minutes (2 1/2 hours according to google)... an extra 10-15 minutes can add quite a bit to a movie.

@Kessel

Yup! If the studio had let JJ have a longer runtime for TFA, he would have had significantly more time for character development, and the plot hopefully wouldn't have felt so rushed.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Thu 28 Sep 2017, 11:48 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
Kessel wrote:I'm super pumped that TLJ is 150 minutes long. That's a good length for a movie. Apparently, TFA was 136 minutes (2 1/2 hours according to google)... an extra 10-15 minutes can add quite a bit to a movie.

@Kessel

Yup! If the studio had let JJ have a longer runtime for TFA, he would have had significantly more time for character development, and the plot hopefully wouldn't have felt so rushed.
@ISeeAnIsland

The fact that they have allowed TLJ to go this long really speaks to their confidence in the movie IMO. I believe that here are some "magic" running time numbers with most blockbuster movies, and they usually top out at 2:15, like TFA. This probably allows for an extra showing each day in the theaters or something. So the fact that they are willing to play with that metric and go longer for the good of the movie says a lot.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Thu 28 Sep 2017, 11:52 pm

SoloSideCousin wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:

@Kessel

@ISeeAnIsland

The fact that they have allowed TLJ to go this long really speaks to their confidence in the movie IMO. I believe that here are some "magic" running time numbers with most blockbuster movies, and they usually top out at 2:15, like TFA. This probably allows for an extra showing each day in the theaters or something. So the fact that they are willing to play with that metric and go longer for the good of the movie says a lot.
@SoloSideCousin

Yup--that was supposedly the reason why they gave JJ a hard runtime limit for TFA...so that theatres could get in an extra daily showing.

I agree that it says a lot about the movie that they're letting it go out at 150 minutes. I'm seeing around the internet that other movie websites (e.g. AMC, Fandango) have also updated their runtime placeholders for TLJ to 150 minutes.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Fri 29 Sep 2017, 12:22 am

SoloSideCousin wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:

@Kessel

@ISeeAnIsland

@SoloSideCousin

Basically the opposite of Han Solo movie, which aside from directors issues is apparently Lucas Films and Disney are not convinced of it that much. Rian will be awesome, got a positive vibe from it.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Fri 29 Sep 2017, 8:09 am

150 min running time makes perfect sense considering that we didn't see anything of Kylo on Ahch-to despite Adam filming there. So with assumed shorter running time, it seemed that Kylo was barely there or not at all, but now there's no doubt he'll have significant presence there. Awesome!
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 29 Sep 2017, 9:17 am

I certainly would like TLJ to be long enough to do justice to all the characters and plot strands. I'm waiting for the official running time and certification, though, as the cinema times are just placeholders as far as I'm aware. They have placeholders for all movies which haven't been officially certificated etc.

I'm also very much looking forward to seeing Blade Runner 2049 next week. It's getting the kind of reviews I'm sure Disney/Lucasfilm would kill for. I wouldn't call myself a massive fan of the original, although I liked it well enough. I am intrigued to see what Denis Villeneuve has done with it. Maybe he's on Kathleen Kennedy's wish list for a future Star Wars movie. It has been said that Daniel Craig wants him for the next Bond, so the guy is in big demand right now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tex Fri 29 Sep 2017, 9:18 am

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:

@Kessel

Yup!  If the studio had let JJ have a longer runtime for TFA, he would have had significantly more time for character development, and the plot hopefully wouldn't have felt so rushed.
@ISeeAnIsland

The fact that they have allowed TLJ to go this long really speaks to their confidence in the movie IMO.  I believe that here are some "magic" running time numbers with most blockbuster movies, and they usually top out at 2:15, like TFA.  This probably allows for an extra showing each day in the theaters or something.  So the fact that they are willing to play with that metric and go longer for the good of the movie says a lot.
@SoloSideCousin

Yup--that was supposedly the reason why they gave JJ a hard runtime limit for TFA...so that theatres could get in an extra daily showing.

I agree that it says a lot about the movie that they're letting it go out at 150 minutes. I'm seeing around the internet that other movie websites (e.g. AMC, Fandango) have also updated their runtime placeholders for TLJ to 150 minutes.
@ISeeAnIsland

With an extra 10-15 minutes JJ could have done so much! I think just looking at what's in the novelization versus what ended up in the film is a perfect example. Maybe we would have gotten that Rey dream sequence "In a daydream, In a nightmare". Curious to know what y'all would have liked to have seen make it into TFA if it had an extra 10-15 minutes.
Tex
Tex
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Fri 29 Sep 2017, 9:28 am

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:I certainly would like TLJ to be long enough to do justice to all the characters and plot strands. I'm waiting for the official running time and certification, though, as the cinema times are just placeholders as far as I'm aware. They have placeholders for all movies which haven't been officially certificated etc.

I'm also very much looking forward to seeing Blade Runner 2049 next week. It's getting the kind of reviews I'm sure Disney/Lucasfilm would kill for. I wouldn't call myself a massive fan of the original, although I liked it well enough. I am intrigued to see what Denis Villeneuve has done with it. Maybe he's on Kathleen Kennedy's wish list for a future Star Wars movie. It has been said that Daniel Craig wants him for the next Bond, so the guy is in big demand right now.
@Mrs Ben Solo

TLJ's placeholder was TFA's 135 min. The cinemas made a change to 150 min last night or something. It looks legit.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Rowan Fri 29 Sep 2017, 9:37 am

Tex wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:

@Kessel

Yup!  If the studio had let JJ have a longer runtime for TFA, he would have had significantly more time for character development, and the plot hopefully wouldn't have felt so rushed.
@ISeeAnIsland

The fact that they have allowed TLJ to go this long really speaks to their confidence in the movie IMO.  I believe that here are some "magic" running time numbers with most blockbuster movies, and they usually top out at 2:15, like TFA.  This probably allows for an extra showing each day in the theaters or something.  So the fact that they are willing to play with that metric and go longer for the good of the movie says a lot.
@SoloSideCousin

@ISeeAnIsland

With an extra 10-15 minutes JJ could have done so much! I think just looking at what's in the novelization versus what ended up in the film is a perfect example. Maybe we would have gotten that Rey dream sequence "In a daydream, In a nightmare". Curious to know what y'all would have liked to have seen make it into TFA if it had an extra 10-15 minutes.
@Tex

Aside from the Reylo moments, my favorite thing about TFA were the quiet moments. Rey's intro, with the amazing 1/4 portion bread and her plate-licking, the way she looks at the older scavenger, kind of seeing herself there, the way she looks at the water and greenery in Takodana, etc. I would have loved more breathers like that. Then cut scenes like Kylo in the MF, Snoke's dialogue to Kylo about his uniqueness and "You have compassion for her?"

Would have loved Leia and Chewie getting some time to grieve Han together, a bit of political stuff that gives a glimpse of Leia as we see her in Bloodline, so that we care about Hosnian Prime getting blown up. Luke talking!

They could have sneaked some of that in with the actual TFA running time btw. I could have done without the Rathtars shenanigans as much as I love saying "Tell that to Kanjiclub."
Darth Rowan
Darth Rowan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by adamdrivershair Fri 29 Sep 2017, 9:45 am

I think the wordless moments in SW as a whole are the best in the series. My favorite moment in the prequels, aside from Palpatine's monologue (Ian McDiarmid, I will love you forever) was this scene:

Dare I say there was some subtlety there? I hope Rian goes for some wordless scenes too. He can certainly have faith in his cast to pull it off.
adamdrivershair
adamdrivershair
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 29 Sep 2017, 9:47 am

vaderito wrote:
Mrs Ben Solo wrote:I certainly would like TLJ to be long enough to do justice to all the characters and plot strands. I'm waiting for the official running time and certification, though, as the cinema times are just placeholders as far as I'm aware. They have placeholders for all movies which haven't been officially certificated etc.

@Mrs Ben Solo

TLJ's placeholder was TFA's 135 min. The cinemas made a change to 150 min last night or something. It looks legit.
@vaderito

Here in the U.K. all movies have to be passed for certification by the BBFC and then a final running time is given along with the PG or 12A etc. This doesn't usually happen until a couple of weeks or so before it's released in cinemas.

I saw a tweet that said Cineworld (or whichever chain it was) had taken down the placeholder. They have placeholders for all upcoming movies including Black Panther. It's standard practice.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tex Fri 29 Sep 2017, 9:52 am

Aside from the Reylo moments, my favorite thing about TFA were the quiet moments. Rey's intro, with the amazing 1/4 portion bread and her plate-licking, the way she looks at the older scavenger, kind of seeing herself there, the way she looks at the water and greenery in Takodana, etc. I would have loved more breathers like that. Then cut scenes like Kylo in the MF, Snoke's dialogue to Kylo about his uniqueness and "You have compassion for her?"

Would have loved Leia and Chewie getting some time to grieve Han together, a bit of political stuff that gives a glimpse of Leia as we see her in Bloodline, so that we care about Hosnian Prime getting blown up. Luke talking!

They could have sneaked some of that in with the actual TFA running time btw. I could have done without the Rathtars shenanigans as much as I love saying "Tell that to Kanjiclub."

@Darth Rowan

Yes,Yes Yes! All great stuff. They really could have cut down that whole Rathtars thing. Possibly even cut it completely. The film really needed more breathers and I would have LOVED more moments with Rey.
Tex
Tex
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Fri 29 Sep 2017, 10:00 am

Tex wrote:

@Darth Rowan

Yes,Yes Yes! All great stuff. They really could have cut down that whole Rathtars thing. Possibly even cut it completely. The film really needed more breathers and I would have LOVED more moments with Rey.
@Tex

Fun fact, but did you know the Rathtars scene was originally meant to be much longer?  Bala-Tik, the leader of the Guavian Death Gang is played by an actor known for his martial arts skills.  There was supposed to be a long drawn out, choreographed fight scene, but it was cut.  

Thank goodness!!!  Laughing

I wanted to reiterate too how excited I am about the 150 minute run time.  Hopefully that kind of filler will be kept to a a minimum in exchange for actual story and character development.  It definitely bodes well for us.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana Fri 29 Sep 2017, 10:05 am

Wow....150 minutes huh? I guess I'll have to set a reminder to not eat or drink before the movie!!! Very Happy Very Happy
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next