Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

+70
Gemini
reylo1992
shii405
CienaRee
RosiePancake
colibri
fuhry
MrsWindu
Piper Maru
AceofWands
Blood Moon
Marie Ren
benorganasolo
MindAndMagic
kroi
tukicarreno
MoonFyre
nite0wl29
Tex
Darth Rowan
Moonjump05
BenRey
krissy01
jakkusun
rey09
Anakin Skywalker
bashfulblueeyes3
Xylo Ren
Mana
DarthRen
Blackcanary
panki
Kessel
Airemyn
Geralt_Riv
SkyStar
Darth_Awakened
nemapasara
Reylo Lemon
Night Huntress
Irina de France
IoJovi
Rimfaxe96
FrolickingFizzgig
Helix
Armadeus
Acritiqua
Moonlight13
spacebaby45678
Lily Snape
Rei of Sunshine
MeadowofAshes
Kylo Men
SheLitAFire
ReyofLightSide
SoloSideCousin
Kyla Ren
Saracene
Cowgirlsamurai
ISeeAnIsland
Man Without A Star
snufkin
adamdrivershair
SanghaRen
motherofpearl1
Darth Dingbat
Birdwoman
Forsythia
vaderito
EchoBase
74 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 30 Empty Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by SkyStar Wed 11 Oct 2017, 8:07 am

ReyofLightSide wrote:One correction below- the scene of Rey and Luke by the water is her in her Resistance outfit w/o her vest and her hair is down. There is also a red glow. Is it a fire or Kylo's saber?

Outline based on Rey's clothing

Full Resistance outfit, hair upAhch-To
Rey gives Luke light saber
Rey vision
Rey meditating
Rey standing and looking at ocean, back to us
Rey running down beach
Rey looking wet and looking at someone (from teaser trailer)
Rey swimming
Rey talking to someone about finding her place

Resistance outfit + cape, hair up: Ahch-To
Rey in rain outside of MF
Rey exploring Force Tree
Rey walking around island
Rey drawing her light saber in tree or cave

Resistance outfit sans vest Ahch-To
Rey practicing on cliff

Resistance outfit sans vest + hair down Ahch-To?
Light saber scene (fight?) in rain
standing by water, Luke is there

New Jedi outfit, hair down Crait? SSD?
Flying MF
Being tortured by Snoke
Maybe on Crait with Finn? (BTS reel of them dancing)
@ReyofLightSide

Looks like a fire to me.
But that scene just gets more and more creepy when I look at it.
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Wed 11 Oct 2017, 8:31 am

IoJovi wrote:
DarthRen wrote:
tukicarreno wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
DarthRen wrote:
Rei of Sunshine wrote:I have a feeling that, as much as we love Kylo, we will be majorly pissed at him at some parts of this film.

He's still struggling, and would expectedly do some that will get us all yelling at the screen, but would make up for it at the end.

I'm just saying that I don't think our precious prince is hero material just yet, and this movie will see him make it or break it.
@Rei of Sunshine

Some folks here and on other sites thinks Kylo looking at hangar/factory Finn and Rose will destroy is pre-Crait still associating with FO but struggling. Rey struggles too.
@DarthRen
This is at the very least in Act II of the film, maybe even Act III, because you see in another shot that that looks very much like the same room that Kylo doesn't have his stitches anymore. This place also gets wrecked at a later point by presumably Finn and the gang, after his infiltration with Rose. And we know Kylo (and Rey) are going to end up with Snoke back at the First Order by Act III as well. So how does Rey get to Snoke? Does Kylo bring her there, does she go on her own, does she get captured by someone else?
@FrolickingFizzgig

Some people think that Kylo tricks/betrays Rey to bring her to Snoke but in the end he regrets it and saves her.  Sigh.. I don´t know what to think. It´s going to be a rollercoaster ride that´s for sure.
@tukicarreno

Oh, I'd hate that. How would Rey believe him afterwards if he bertrays her?
@DarthRen

I'm actually not too worried about this.  Keep in mind these are two people who have been in each other's heads and know stuff about the other no one else does.  In other words, they don't really have the ability to lie to one another.  If Kylo were pulling a stunt, I think Rey would know it, and vice versa.
@IoJovi

I know antis are using very gladly but in theory yeah they should be able to tell, unles their bond is not as strong yet. I hope, Rian is not gonna pull some dramatic stunt by ignoring that bond and letting Kylo bertraying her. I doesn't even fit with his character, Rey of all people.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana Wed 11 Oct 2017, 8:35 am

I think Snoke will want Kylo to kill Rey to 'fulfill his destiny'...then he turns his saber on Snoke and that's where they both fight the guards.
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Wed 11 Oct 2017, 8:37 am

Kylo saber invades Oz, flown over Sydney harbor:

vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by bashfulblueeyes3 Wed 11 Oct 2017, 9:57 am

What if Rey pulls a Luke from ESB and goes to help Rose and Finn on the destroyer and gets caught by Snoke? Also, I wonder if the Silencer crashes on Ach-to and Snoke sends FO to get Kylo. I think there is a scene from the teaser with Chewie chasing Tie fighters on Ach-to? Maybe he goes back with them, to avoid Rey getting hurt. Didn't his doll say, "It's too late for me?" or something to that affect? Maybe they get closer on the island, but still Kylo still thinks things are hopeless and that is why we see him back with the FO and marching with the Storm Troopers on Crait. Then later he sees find Rey captured and being tortured by Snoke and that is when he acts.

bashfulblueeyes3
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Wed 11 Oct 2017, 10:15 am

Daisy's interview with Vogue:

She lets on that we’ll find out more about what has happened to her family, and says it goes from being a physical journey with a friend (Finn, played by John Boyega) to an emotional journey with a stranger (Luke Skywalker, whom she meets on top of a mountainous island at the end of The Force Awakens). “More of a conversation, as opposed to a big adventure,” she suggests.

As for the ongoing appeal of Star Wars, she’s not entirely sure where the magic lies—except, she says, that “it’s essentially a family drama that’s played out in this big, expansive world.”

I put only actual quotes in bold, the rest is Vogue editorial.

https://www.vogue.com/article/daisy-ridley-the-last-jedi-star-wars-november-vogue-cover-2017
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Wed 11 Oct 2017, 10:19 am

vaderito wrote:Daisy's interview with Vogue:

She lets on that we’ll find out more about what has happened to her family, and says it goes from being a physical journey with a friend (Finn, played by John Boyega) to an emotional journey with a stranger (Luke Skywalker, whom she meets on top of a mountainous island at the end of The Force Awakens). “More of a conversation, as opposed to a big adventure,” she suggests.

As for the ongoing appeal of Star Wars, she’s not entirely sure where the magic lies—except, she says, that “it’s essentially a family drama that’s played out in this big, expansive world.”

https://www.vogue.com/article/daisy-ridley-the-last-jedi-star-wars-november-vogue-cover-2017
@vaderito

Family drama in a story where Rey, as the protagonist, isn’t blood related. We have a trailer that has Rey stating “I need someone”, followed by a long pause, followed by her asking how she fits into all of this.

Pan to Kylo reaching out with his hand as if asking her to dance.

Gee, I can’t figure out AT ALL where this is going... Laughing

IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Wed 11 Oct 2017, 10:40 am

IoJovi wrote:

@vaderito

Family drama in a story where Rey, as the protagonist, isn’t blood related. We have a trailer that has Rey stating “I need someone”, followed by a long pause, followed by her asking how she fits into all of this.

@IoJovi

It's a mystery, isn't t. Laughing

And gosh, the story goes from being a physical journey with a friend, to an emotional journey with a stranger.

Luke, you say? Well, I wonder...
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Wed 11 Oct 2017, 10:41 am

IoJovi wrote:

@vaderito

@IoJovi
****channels the most pretentious voice****

Isn't that kind of obvious that Rey is Luke's daughter?

lol! lol! lol!

Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Wed 11 Oct 2017, 11:09 am

Darth Dingbat wrote:
IoJovi wrote:

@vaderito

@IoJovi

And gosh, the story goes from being a physical journey with a friend, to an emotional journey with a stranger.

@Darth Dingbat

LOL, my thoughts exactly.

vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Wed 11 Oct 2017, 11:38 am

Darth Dingbat wrote:
IoJovi wrote:

@vaderito

Family drama in a story where Rey, as the protagonist, isn’t blood related.  We have a trailer that has Rey stating “I need someone”, followed by a long pause, followed by her asking how she fits into all of this.

@IoJovi

@Darth Dingbat

I was like babe, this stranger is your future husband. I mean Kylo, not Luke. Very Happy
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Oct 2017, 12:26 pm

DarthRen wrote:
Darth Dingbat wrote:
IoJovi wrote:

@vaderito

Family drama in a story where Rey, as the protagonist, isn’t blood related.  We have a trailer that has Rey stating “I need someone”, followed by a long pause, followed by her asking how she fits into all of this.

@IoJovi

@Darth Dingbat

I was like babe, this stranger is your future husband. I mean Kylo, not Luke. Very Happy
@DarthRen

What I can't wait for are the scenes we have no idea are coming. It's a 2 1/2 hour movie, and a large part of it was shot behind closed doors. They probably have an indoor hut set in the Pinewood Studios, and we are going to get Reylo galore. My money's on a kiss by the end of the movie.

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Wed 11 Oct 2017, 12:31 pm

"Emotional journey with a stranger" almost sounds like the tagline for the gag movie Rochelle Rochelle that the characters in Seinfeld were always trying to go see.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Wed 11 Oct 2017, 12:52 pm

RandomObserver wrote:
DarthRen wrote:
Darth Dingbat wrote:
IoJovi wrote:

@vaderito

@IoJovi

@Darth Dingbat

@DarthRen

What I can't wait for are the scenes we have no idea are coming. It's a 2 1/2 hour movie, and a large part of it was shot behind closed doors. They probably have an indoor hut set in the Pinewood Studios, and we are going to get Reylo galore. My money's on a kiss by the end of the movie.
@RandomObserver

I'm not expecting any kiss in TLJ or not even neccessary from my point of view. Don't get me wrong, others would love and me too ... but not like it has to be in the movies.

For me the most important part is that these two finds their belonging they both seek, embrace this life together, find a purpose(mainly for Kylo) and there for each other through thick and thin. Truly a soulmates, two people who complete each other and understand good and bad things about each other.

DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Oct 2017, 12:56 pm

snufkin wrote:"Emotional journey with a stranger" almost sounds like the tagline for the gag movie Rochelle Rochelle that the characters in Seinfeld were always trying to go see.
@snufkin

A young girl’s strange, erotic journey from Ahch-To to Crait... Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Oct 2017, 1:04 pm

DarthRen wrote:
RandomObserver wrote:
DarthRen wrote:
Darth Dingbat wrote:
IoJovi wrote:

@vaderito

@IoJovi

@Darth Dingbat

@DarthRen

@RandomObserver

I'm not expecting any kiss in TLJ or not even neccessary from my point of view. Don't get me wrong, others would love and me too ... but not like it has to be in the movies.

For me the most important part is that these two finds their belonging they both seek, embrace this life together, find a purpose(mainly for Kylo) and there for each other through thick and thin. Truly a soulmates, two people who complete each other and understand good and bad things about each other.

@DarthRen

I love that the trailer showed a hint of that. Because essentially both Rey and Kylo Ren are isolated in their surroundins and unable to connect/please their mentors, so it's a great window into learning about the other and connecting. I'm here for the mashed potatoes AND gravy. I just think we're getting a kiss. One thing that was said in TFA promotions when asked about the new movie is that "Rey is going to flirt with the dark side in VIII." Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Wed 11 Oct 2017, 1:22 pm

RandomObserver wrote:
DarthRen wrote:
RandomObserver wrote:
DarthRen wrote:
Darth Dingbat wrote:
IoJovi wrote:

@vaderito

@IoJovi

@Darth Dingbat

@DarthRen

@RandomObserver

@DarthRen

I love that the trailer showed a hint of that. Because essentially both Rey and Kylo Ren are isolated in their surroundins and unable to connect/please their mentors, so it's a great window into learning about the other and connecting. I'm here for the mashed potatoes AND gravy. I just think we're getting a kiss. One thing that was said in TFA promotions when asked about the new movie is that "Rey is going to flirt with the dark side in VIII." Twisted Evil
@RandomObserver

Just in terms of pure business interests, I don't know how you have a guy like Adam Driver, who oozes sexual energy at even his most dorky of moments, be made to look that hot, an actual Dangerous Dreamboat of the GFFA, and not have him kiss someone at some point. Watch Paterson, where he is very straight laced wearing boxers and a T-shirt, and see him kiss the wife, and tell me that the man doesn't know how to give a kiss. Very Happy
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Wed 11 Oct 2017, 1:30 pm

SoloSideCousin wrote:
RandomObserver wrote:
DarthRen wrote:
RandomObserver wrote:
DarthRen wrote:
Darth Dingbat wrote:
IoJovi wrote:

@vaderito

@IoJovi

@Darth Dingbat

@DarthRen

@RandomObserver

@DarthRen

@RandomObserver

Just in terms of pure business interests,  I don't know how you have a guy like Adam Driver, who oozes sexual energy at even his most dorky of moments, be made to look that hot, an actual Dangerous Dreamboat of the GFFA, and not have him kiss someone at some point. Watch Paterson, where he is very straight laced wearing boxers and a T-shirt, and see him kiss the wife, and tell me that the man doesn't know how to give a kiss. Very Happy
@SoloSideCousin

Ever since RomanceGate, I've level-set my expectations for a kiss.  Not the overall romantic story mind you, just my hope for a kiss in TLJ.  Rian said enough on the subject that followed to assuage my fears, like where he said he was specifically talking about a Han and Leia STYLE romance to a Reylo shipper on twitter, or when he stated he never said nobody was getting together or that there wouldn't be a romance period - just that in his movie, people aren't getting together in the traditional way.  That doesn't mean we won't see UST - I'm sure there will be loads.  Heck, we already have it in the trailer.  The world seems to be crashing down around them, and yet he's offering Rey his hand with the most sincere look on his face.  

Still, Leia and Han were an item pretty much from the get-go of ESB, whereas it's pretty obvious that won't be the case for Kylo and Rey.  I'm not ruling out a kiss though at the end of the film, but I'm no longer dead set on it.  I'll be happy with lots of interaction, UST and a plot that says these two are going to be the most important thing to each other in the long run.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Wed 11 Oct 2017, 1:43 pm

Btw, when is the international trailer coming out?

I'm wondering if Breznican might have seen that one? Might the Kylo-extending-his-hand-to-Rey scene be in that?
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Wed 11 Oct 2017, 1:45 pm

Darth Dingbat wrote:Btw, when is the international trailer coming out?

I'm wondering if Breznican might have seen that one? Might the Kylo-extending-his-hand-to-Rey scene be in that?
@Darth Dingbat
This would make sense. Has Breznican claimed to have seen clips of the movie at any other time recently, or just now? Not that he spoiled anything (he just said the scene is in the movie and it's not misdirection).
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Oct 2017, 1:48 pm

IoJovi wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:
RandomObserver wrote:
DarthRen wrote:
RandomObserver wrote:
DarthRen wrote:
Darth Dingbat wrote:
IoJovi wrote:

@vaderito

@IoJovi

@Darth Dingbat

@DarthRen

@RandomObserver

@DarthRen

@RandomObserver

Just in terms of pure business interests,  I don't know how you have a guy like Adam Driver, who oozes sexual energy at even his most dorky of moments, be made to look that hot, an actual Dangerous Dreamboat of the GFFA, and not have him kiss someone at some point. Watch Paterson, where he is very straight laced wearing boxers and a T-shirt, and see him kiss the wife, and tell me that the man doesn't know how to give a kiss. Very Happy
@SoloSideCousin

Ever since RomanceGate, I've level-set my expectations for a kiss.  Not the overall romantic story mind you, just my hope for a kiss in TLJ.  Rian said enough on the subject that followed to assuage my fears, like where he said he was specifically talking about a Han and Leia STYLE romance to a Reylo shipper on twitter, or when he stated he never said nobody was getting together or that there wouldn't be a romance period - just that in his movie, people aren't getting together in the traditional way.  That doesn't mean we won't see UST - I'm sure there will be loads.  Heck, we already have it in the trailer.  The world seems to be crashing down around them, and yet he's offering Rey his hand with the most sincere look on his face.  

Still, Leia and Han were an item pretty much from the get-go of ESB, whereas it's pretty obvious that won't be the case for Kylo and Rey.  I'm not ruling out a kiss though at the end of the film, but I'm no longer dead set on it.  I'll be happy with lots of interaction, UST and a plot that says these two are going to be the most important thing to each other in the long run.
@IoJovi

Oh, traditional is boring, anyway! Give me the grit, the angst, the emotional bonding and utter weirdness. We need a fresh take on relationships in the SW Universe, and I love that Rey is a force user. It really tips the scales for feminism. And that LOOK in the trailer! Seriously. That was the look of love and humility when he offered his hand. No one can say otherwise. I need to get a Reylo T-shirt. LOL

Back to top Go down

Post by CienaRee Wed 11 Oct 2017, 1:48 pm

IoJovi wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:
RandomObserver wrote:
DarthRen wrote:
RandomObserver wrote:
DarthRen wrote:
Darth Dingbat wrote:
IoJovi wrote:

@vaderito

@IoJovi

@Darth Dingbat

@DarthRen

@RandomObserver

@DarthRen

@RandomObserver

@SoloSideCousin

@IoJovi

Yup,Kylo and Rey are just very different characters from Han and Leia.For starters they're the duel protagonists of the Force plot while Han and Leia aways felt more of supporting characters to Luke's journey(TLJ just went over the top with that though,ugh) and their relationship had this comedy to it and while it was great there just wasn't an opportunity to develop their relationship on a deeper level on screen because Luke was the main character and his story was the priority.With Kylo and Rey both of them are the protagonists and I think the trailer did a wonderful job showing two lonely,isolated characters who want to find their place in the world but are either used or being afraid from by their teachers because of the powers they have and can't control properly(in Rey's case).That goes beyond the simple screwball comedy that was Han and Leia's relationship and is much more complex and multi dimensional.
I think even if we don't get a kiss in this movie it will be wonderful to watch their journeys both together and individually.

CienaRee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Wed 11 Oct 2017, 1:53 pm

IoJovi wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:
RandomObserver wrote:
DarthRen wrote:
RandomObserver wrote:
DarthRen wrote:
Darth Dingbat wrote:
IoJovi wrote:

@vaderito

@IoJovi

@Darth Dingbat

@DarthRen

@RandomObserver

@DarthRen

@RandomObserver

@SoloSideCousin

@IoJovi

I think it supports what MSW have been saying ... it's not a romance BUT there is something going on. If they push for an additional movie (even if not splitted), I can understand that. It's not like Han and Leia straightforward but complicated given the nature of the plot and characters.

Rian is making first steps towards their relationship.

Last edited by DarthRen on Wed 11 Oct 2017, 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Wed 11 Oct 2017, 1:55 pm

DarthRen wrote:
IoJovi wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:
RandomObserver wrote:
DarthRen wrote:
RandomObserver wrote:
DarthRen wrote:
Darth Dingbat wrote:
IoJovi wrote:

@vaderito

@IoJovi

@Darth Dingbat

@DarthRen

@RandomObserver

@DarthRen

@RandomObserver

@SoloSideCousin

@IoJovi

I think it supports what MSW have been saying ... it's not a romance BUT there is something going on. If they push for an additional movie, I can understand that.
@DarthRen

MSW was talking about a specific scene.  Rian's statements were about the overall arc of TLJ.  They're two separate things.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Wed 11 Oct 2017, 1:58 pm

IoJovi wrote:
DarthRen wrote:
IoJovi wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:
RandomObserver wrote:
DarthRen wrote:
RandomObserver wrote:
DarthRen wrote:
Darth Dingbat wrote:
IoJovi wrote:

@vaderito

@IoJovi

@Darth Dingbat

@DarthRen

@RandomObserver

@DarthRen

@RandomObserver

@SoloSideCousin

@IoJovi

I think it supports what MSW have been saying ... it's not a romance BUT there is something going on. If they push for an additional movie, I can understand that.
@DarthRen

MSW was talking about a specific scene.  Rian's statements were about the overall arc of TLJ.  They're two separate things.
@IoJovi

It kinda links the two. The general tone for them in this movie, that there is a mutual evident attraction (something is going on)but not a a fully fledged romance yet. This movie is basically a set up for what's coming later on because of how complicated these two are. Finn and Rose might fit the romance bit more, but a bit different from Han and Leia, even if one would say that it is pretty much lie these two.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next