Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Could Reylo Not Happen?

+11
BenSoloLives
SanghaRen
Xylo Ren
Night Huntress
vaderito
guardienne
panki
FrolickingFizzgig
snufkin
Piper Maru
HJ98
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Could Reylo Not Happen? - Page 2 Empty Re: Could Reylo Not Happen?

Post by PalmettoBlue Thu 26 Oct 2017, 11:50 am

I'm having a difficult time imagining a scenario where Reylo doesn't happen. Now, I don't think I'll get my "white picket fence scenario," but I just can't see where they do not do it in some form.
SOME FORM.
And let's be honest - if they have a force bond - is that conducive to a romantic relationship with someone else?
PalmettoBlue
PalmettoBlue
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

https://palmettosdesk.blog/

Back to top Go down

Post by nite0wl29 Thu 26 Oct 2017, 12:11 pm

PalmettoBlue wrote:I'm having a difficult time imagining a scenario where Reylo doesn't happen. Now, I don't think I'll get my "white picket fence scenario," but I just can't see where they do not do it in some form.
SOME FORM.
And let's be honest - if they have a force bond - is that conducive to a romantic relationship with someone else?
@PalmettoBlue

^^this! I'll even be happy with a smile at each other in TLJ and bring on that slow Reylo burn. Between the West Side Story tweets, the red string of fate, and overall the loving looks that Kylo gives Rey shows that he's absolutely smitten by Rey. Those looks he gives her don't give me the vibe of "Hey gorgeous, let's be friends only."
nite0wl29
nite0wl29
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

http://nite0wl29.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BenSoloLives Thu 26 Oct 2017, 12:15 pm

@PalmettoBlue, @nite0wl29 :

I feel the same way. I would love at the end for them to fly off in the Falcon together after giving each other an encouraging smile. We don't need to know what they're going to do or how they will be with each other any more beyond that. We can use our imagination to create whatever ending satisfies us.

Just knowing they have a connection and want to be together as friends or companions would be enough for me! Cool
BenSoloLives
BenSoloLives
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Thu 26 Oct 2017, 12:44 pm

BenSoloLives wrote:@PalmettoBlue, @nite0wl29 :

I feel the same way. I would love at the end for them to fly off in the Falcon together after giving each other an encouraging smile. We don't need to know what they're going to do or how they will be with each other any more beyond that. We can use our imagination to create whatever ending satisfies us.

Just knowing they have a connection and want to be together as friends or companions would be enough for me! Cool
@BenSoloLives

Given everything we know now, from ReyGate to the DVD Commentary to the end of the freaking trailer, I just cannot picture them as a platonic at the end, let alone remaining enemies.  I think this romance can go anywhere from a slow burn to full blown epic by the end of IX, or it can remain subtle throughout the trilogy.  Regardless of those options, there will absolutely be a romance, and I'm confident to the point where I would bet a large amount of money...

I have a hard time imagining it any other way.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BenSoloLives Thu 26 Oct 2017, 12:48 pm

@IoJovi:

I hope it's sweet rather than torrid. That's all I ask!  Razz
BenSoloLives
BenSoloLives
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Thu 26 Oct 2017, 12:52 pm

Count me in the sweet and soulful romance camp.... Smile

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Thu 26 Oct 2017, 12:55 pm

deep, significant and believable... but I'm sure it will be great. Rey & Ben already have this great chemistry- they have to truly mess up the story to make a romance between the two bad.
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Thu 26 Oct 2017, 12:56 pm

panki wrote:Count me in the sweet and soulful romance camp.... Smile
@panki

One of the aspects I like about it is it has the potential for both of these aspects.  I see an angsty love story complete with repressed feelings evolving into something more sweet and soulful as the trilogy progresses.  Even the amount of Reylo fan art shows the wide variety of ways these two could play out.  TFA left so much to the imagination, and while some complain about the overabundance of the mystery box, this is one positive thing that came out of it, at least for me.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dementor Sat 28 Oct 2017, 11:44 am

IoJovi wrote:
panki wrote:Count me in the sweet and soulful romance camp.... Smile
@panki

One of the aspects I like about it is it has the potential for both of these aspects.  I see an angsty love story complete with repressed feelings evolving into something more sweet and soulful as the trilogy progresses.  Even the amount of Reylo fan art shows the wide variety of ways these two could play out.  TFA left so much to the imagination, and while some complain about the overabundance of the mystery box, this is one positive thing that came out of it, at least for me.
@IoJovi

Bingo; almost every epic romance has many sides to it ranging from intense and angsty to sensual and moving with cute adorable moments in them.

TFA has already showcased the angst phase now TLJ can emphasise the sensual part of Reylo with a couple funny moments; them arguing over trivial stuff; realizing they fancy one another and bumbling around in awkward situation or finding out how they're both nerds talking about things that only they understand with Luke going "Yep these two are just like Ben's parents when they met."

Fortunately Adam and Daisy are both such good actors they can pull off each part seamlessly, adding to the authenticity of the pairing!
Darth Dementor
Darth Dementor

Back to top Go down

Post by nite0wl29 Sat 28 Oct 2017, 12:18 pm

I think what we all need to remember when we start doubting Reylo is that Star Wars has and always was about the Skywalker family, even JJ mentioned this before TFA came out. Kylo/Ben may not hold the last name, but he's a Skywalker by blood. If LF has every intention to carry on the Skywalker legacy in its Episodes then there will always be more Skywalkers. The question needs to be "when" Reylo happens instead of "if". Unless  they have an entirely different love interest for Kylo, I see no other options. It's up to him to carry the Skywalker legacy through future episodes.
nite0wl29
nite0wl29
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

http://nite0wl29.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Sat 28 Oct 2017, 12:27 pm

nite0wl29 wrote:I think what we all need to remember when we start doubting Reylo is that Star Wars has and always was about the Skywalker family, even JJ mentioned this before TFA came out. Kylo/Ben may not hold the last name, but he's a Skywalker by blood. If LF has every intention to carry on the Skywalker legacy in its Episodes then there will always be more Skywalkers. The question needs to be "when" Reylo happens instead of "if". Unless  they have an entirely different love interest for Kylo, I see no other options. It's up to him to carry the Skywalker legacy through future episodes.
@nite0wl29

In a nutshell! Every time Kathleen Kennedy reiterated that SW is about the Skywalkers, I get excited. Yes the Reywalkers get excited with this too, but come on - at this point we are sure she’s not blood related. And if Rey isn’t blood related, as the protagonist, she’s still going to fit into the family eventually. Heck, in the trailer there is pretty much a red arrow pointing directly at it. Rey needs someone to help find her place in all this. And who does it cut too, with his outstretched hand, as if asking her to dance?

IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dementor Sat 28 Oct 2017, 1:34 pm

IoJovi wrote:
nite0wl29 wrote:I think what we all need to remember when we start doubting Reylo is that Star Wars has and always was about the Skywalker family, even JJ mentioned this before TFA came out. Kylo/Ben may not hold the last name, but he's a Skywalker by blood. If LF has every intention to carry on the Skywalker legacy in its Episodes then there will always be more Skywalkers. The question needs to be "when" Reylo happens instead of "if". Unless  they have an entirely different love interest for Kylo, I see no other options. It's up to him to carry the Skywalker legacy through future episodes.
@nite0wl29

In a nutshell! Every time Kathleen Kennedy reiterated that SW is about the Skywalkers, I get excited. Yes the Reywalkers get excited with this too, but come on - at this point we are sure she’s not blood related. And if Rey isn’t blood related, as the protagonist, she’s still going to fit into the family eventually. Heck, in the trailer there is pretty much a red arrow pointing directly at it. Rey needs someone to help find her place in all this. And who does it cut too, with his outstretched hand, as if asking her to dance?

@IoJovi

KK said this trilogy will continue The Skywalker saga, which it is, first we see Ben and Leia's struggle and in TLJ we will see Luke's. That's three of blood relatives right there. It just so happens the protagonist will become a one, and a Solo through marriage, which last time I checked made someone part of the family. Kennedy never said a character had to be a Skywalker from the very beginning.
Darth Dementor
Darth Dementor

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Sat 28 Oct 2017, 2:40 pm

Darth Dementor wrote:
IoJovi wrote:
@nite0wl29

@IoJovi

KK said this trilogy will continue The Skywalker saga, which it is, first we see Ben and Leia's struggle and in TLJ we will see Luke's. That's three of blood relatives right there. It just so happens the protagonist will become a one, and a Solo through marriage, which last time I checked made someone part of the family. Kennedy never said a character had to be a Skywalker from the very beginning.
@Darth Dementor

I’ve heard other corners say that three Skywalkers with only one that’s of the rest generation isn’t enough. Well, how many were in the OT?

Three.

Well, you know how many Skywalkers were included in the PT, outside the last five minutes of RotS? Yes, that’s right. One. Laughing

IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2