Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No central romance my S

+28
CienaRee
DeeBee
AceofWands
DarthRen
Blood Moon
spacebaby45678
Camaro
Cowgirlsamurai
Darth Dementor
vaderito
ISeeAnIsland
SheLitAFire
nite0wl29
PalmettoBlue
Night Huntress
Kylo Men
reylo1992
Darth_Awakened
Darth Dingbat
Saracene
snufkin
rey09
FrolickingFizzgig
tukicarreno
IoJovi
Atenais
Irina de France
Xylo Ren
32 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

No central romance my S - Page 5 Empty Re: No central romance my S

Post by rey09 Tue 05 Dec 2017, 12:52 pm

Tex wrote:I will never, ever, get over this ...

No central romance my S - Page 5 Vf10

YO REYLOS! GET YO FANTASIES OUT OF MY STAR WARS!!!! Laughing

Looking at the marketing over the last few months and Rian using the term "romantic drama" now. I'm just rolling on the floor. I'd love to do a community art project around this quote. Like tons of postcards addressed to David Kamp with images and quotes from the marketing and eventually screen shoots from TLJ. Razz Honestly, I'd love to organize a Reylo art gallery event. So much great work and insightful meta.
@Tex do ppl ever get back at the author? he needs to be put in my place!!

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Tex Tue 05 Dec 2017, 12:58 pm

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:

Looking at the marketing over the last few months and Rian using the term "romantic drama" now. I'm just rolling on the floor. I'd love to do a community art project around this quote. Like tons of postcards addressed to David Kamp with images and quotes from the marketing and eventually screen shoots from TLJ. Razz Honestly, I'd love to organize a Reylo art gallery event. So much great work and insightful meta.
@Tex
Just going to post Rian's actual quote here again. This "no central romance" word spin gets tossed around by Reylos and antis.

No central romance my S - Page 5 Tumblr_inline_oqpwtpn80C1qjtxsg_500
@FrolickingFizzgig

Thanks! I didn't have the full quote. It's still funny how Kamp chopped up the quote. Still hilarious and get's funnier with each passing day.
Tex
Tex
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Tue 05 Dec 2017, 1:48 pm

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:

@Tex
Just going to post Rian's actual quote here again. This "no central romance" word spin gets tossed around by Reylos and antis.

No central romance my S - Page 5 Tumblr_inline_oqpwtpn80C1qjtxsg_500
@FrolickingFizzgig

Thanks Fizz.   I did a control F and it comes up with a big fat zero when I search for the word "central romance".  Laughing
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AceofWands Tue 05 Dec 2017, 2:40 pm

As a Reylo who has tossed around “ no central romance”, I have to make my point. RJ says: “in our story, that’s not a centerpiece”. “That” refers to romance. So he’s saying that in TLJ “romance is not a centerpiece”, which is the same as saying romance is not central. I think that’s the quote that motivated the headline.

When talking about the quote, “no central romance” is a shortening paraphrase. Of course, people can understand it to mean that there’s no single romance, and the original quote doesn’t mean that: it means that romance is not a centerpiece.

But sure “no central romance” caught on. But then, did anyone expect people to use “ no one-to-one, burning, unrequited, Han and Leia type romance. In our story, that’s not a centerpiece.”

But then, sure, when analyzing, it’s good to remember to analyze the actual quote, not how it's commonly referred to.
AceofWands
AceofWands
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Tue 05 Dec 2017, 3:13 pm

@Tex

Now I can't get the mental image of David Kamp's office being flooded with REYLO postcards out of my head!

Thank you for this!

Brilliant!
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Tue 05 Dec 2017, 4:09 pm

AceofWands wrote:As a Reylo who has tossed around “ no central romance”, I have to make my point. RJ says: “in our story, that’s not a centerpiece”. “That” refers to romance. So he’s saying that in TLJ “romance is not a centerpiece”, which is the same as saying romance is not central. I think that’s the quote that motivated the headline.

When talking about the quote, “no central romance” is a shortening paraphrase. Of course, people can understand it to mean that there’s no single romance, and the original quote doesn’t mean that: it means that romance is not a centerpiece.

But sure “no central romance” caught on. But then, did anyone expect people to use “ no one-to-one, burning, unrequited, Han and Leia type romance. In our story, that’s not a centerpiece.”

But then, sure, when analyzing, it’s good to remember to analyze the actual quote, not how it's commonly referred to.
@AceofWands
I think Rian cleared it up the way I always imagined he would. Characters develop feelings for each other in some way, there is romantic drama between the leads, but there is no actual "romance" like Han and Leia in which characters become confirmed couples.

FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Tue 05 Dec 2017, 7:35 pm

My own impression about this romance vs romantic drama stuff is that romantic feelings might be one-sided at this point by the end of the film, on Kylo's side. If only because Kylo just seems much further along on the romantic curve than Rey is and his feelings about her don't have to swing full 180 degrees like Rey's do.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CienaRee Wed 06 Dec 2017, 5:04 am

Saracene wrote:My own impression about this romance vs romantic drama stuff is that romantic feelings might be one-sided at this point by the end of the film, on Kylo's side. If only because Kylo just seems much further along on the romantic curve than Rey is and his feelings about her don't have to swing full 180 degrees like Rey's do.
@Saracene

Yes,without seeing TLJ and how Rey's feelings evolve it would make sense for it to be one sided on Kylo's side but Rian already said that they won't be doing an unrequited love story.

CienaRee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Wed 06 Dec 2017, 5:34 am

CienaRee wrote:
Saracene wrote:My own impression about this romance vs romantic drama stuff is that romantic feelings might be one-sided at this point by the end of the film, on Kylo's side. If only because Kylo just seems much further along on the romantic curve than Rey is and his feelings about her don't have to swing full 180 degrees like Rey's do.
@Saracene

Yes,without seeing TLJ and how Rey's feelings evolve it would make sense for it to be one sided on Kylo's side but Rian already said that they won't be doing an unrequited love story.
@CienaRee

I don't think it will be one sided - but Kylo may be more open and forward to explore those feelings at the beginning than Rey.
Little Miss Rey of Sunshine might be in denial at first Laughing
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Wed 06 Dec 2017, 6:26 am

Night Huntress wrote:
CienaRee wrote:
@Saracene

@CienaRee

I don't think it will be one sided - but Kylo may be more open and forward to explore those feelings at the beginning than Rey.
Little Miss Rey of Sunshine might be in denial at first Laughing
@Night Huntress

I think the same. If that works like many period dramas I've read/watched, I guess she will first be annoyed by the connection, trying to ignore it and persuade herself she has nothing to do with the monstah. Then she'll progressively come to understand that the monstah is not who she thinks he was. Then she will slowly reach out to me only to meet a wall. And from this "suis moi je te fuis", she'll slowly evolve to the "fuis moi je te suis" mode. So I tend to think that this is where TLJ will end. I think that she'll come to realize by the end of the movie that she does have feeling for him and long him. One of the reason why I believe in a separation by the end of TLJ because my feeling is that Rey needs to get the feeling she lose him to acknowledge truly she has feelings for him.
No central romance my S - Page 5 Pride-10

In so many romances, there is this idea of "turning the table" with the guy chasing the girl first and later the girl chasing the guy. If their "romance" is some Star Wars version of P&P, it would make sense to have Kylo first "chasing" the girl who rejected him and then having Rey sort of "chasing" the guy because meanwhile her feelings changed

reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno Wed 06 Dec 2017, 8:38 am

reylo1992 wrote:I think the same. If that works like many period dramas I've read/watched, I guess she will first be annoyed by the connection, trying to ignore it and persuade herself she has nothing to do with the monstah. Then she'll progressively come to understand that the monstah is not who she thinks he was. Then she will slowly reach out to me only to meet a wall. And from this "suis moi je te fuis", she'll slowly evolve to the "fuis moi je te suis" mode. So I tend to think that this is where TLJ will end. I think that she'll come to realize by the end of the movie that she does have feeling for him and long him. One of the reason why I believe in a separation by the end of TLJ because my feeling is that Rey needs to get the feeling she lose him to acknowledge truly she has feelings for him.
No central romance my S - Page 5 Pride-10

In so many romances, there is this idea of "turning the table" with the guy chasing the girl first and later the girl chasing the guy. If their "romance" is some Star Wars version of P&P, it would make sense to have Kylo first "chasing" the girl who rejected him and then having Rey sort of "chasing" the guy because meanwhile her feelings changed

Everything you posted makes total sense! Very possible storyline for Reylo.
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Wed 06 Dec 2017, 9:11 am

I'm theorizing that Rey will chase after Kylo - I think Kylo will be so tortured about what he did to Han, thinking that he is beyond redemption. Rey will try to get him back to Leia but he will refuse. It makes sense to me with Rey's convo with Leia later how it is supposed to be emotional- maybe she conveys to Leia that her son feels too hopeless to come back home, which would make Leia's last moments even more poignant than ever. Then I'm thinking episode 9, Rey will go through some major issue, and Kylo will chase after her. So by the end, they will come together to save the galaxy and each other =)

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Wed 06 Dec 2017, 8:23 pm

CienaRee wrote:
@Saracene

@CienaRee

I'm confused by that whole statement from Rian to be honest, because he seemed to be using "unrequited" to describe Han and Leia's relationship in ESB. Which really wasn't unrequited at all, since Leia had feelings for Han from the beginning of that film, she just wouldn't admit to them out loud until the end. So I wouldn't use that as any kind of indication of what the romantic story in TLJ is when the statement itself is rather confusing.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Wed 06 Dec 2017, 8:27 pm

Saracene wrote:
CienaRee wrote:
@Saracene

@CienaRee

I'm confused by that whole statement from Rian to be honest, because he seemed to be using "unrequited" to describe Han and Leia's relationship in ESB. Which really wasn't unrequited at all, since Leia had feelings for Han from the beginning of that film, she just wouldn't admit to them out loud until the end. So I wouldn't use that as any kind of indication of what the romantic story in TLJ is when the statement itself is rather confusing.
@Saracene
I think it was two separate thoughts. The other was a reference to Anakin and Padme.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Wed 06 Dec 2017, 8:33 pm

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
Saracene wrote:
CienaRee wrote:
@Saracene

@CienaRee

@Saracene
I think it was two separate thoughts. The other was a reference to Anakin and Padme.
@FrolickingFizzgig

He did confirm that separately shortly after the story broke, among other numerous damage controlling tweets.

IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Wed 06 Dec 2017, 9:23 pm

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
Saracene wrote:
CienaRee wrote:
@Saracene

@CienaRee

@Saracene
@FrolickingFizzgig

That still doesn't make sense IMO, since Anakin and Padme's romantic story in AotC wasn't unrequited either and pretty much ran just like Han and Leia. Guy is keen on the girl, the girl resists her feelings for whatever reasons, then in a climatic moment when it looks like they might be parted forever and/or die, she finally confesses her love. The only difference I can see is that Padme may have taken a bit longer to fall for Anakin, during their getaway on Naboo rather than at first sight.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by CienaRee Wed 06 Dec 2017, 10:34 pm

Saracene wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
Saracene wrote:
CienaRee wrote:
@Saracene

@CienaRee

@Saracene
@FrolickingFizzgig

That still doesn't make sense IMO, since Anakin and Padme's romantic story in AotC wasn't unrequited either and pretty much ran just like Han and Leia. Guy is keen on the girl, the girl resists her feelings for whatever reasons, then in a climatic moment when it looks like they might be parted forever and/or die, she finally confesses her love. The only difference I can see is that Padme may have taken a bit longer to fall for Anakin, during their getaway on Naboo rather than at first sight.
@Saracene

It's possible he might have meant Padme taking  a bit to fall in love with Anakin since at the beginning of the movie he's very infatuated with her but she's not interested that much and gives him the cold shoulder in their first scenes(''Ani you'll aways be the little boy I knew on Tatooine'',etc) which makes Anakin unhappy about how she hasn't thought about him at all during the years.But who knows maybe it wasn't related to Anidala at all and he just wanted to cross that possibility hence mentioning it.

CienaRee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AceofWands Sun 17 Dec 2017, 6:30 am

Romantic drama... Not romance.

Geez, Rian, what's the difference?
AceofWands
AceofWands
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Sun 17 Dec 2017, 10:12 am

AceofWands wrote:Romantic drama... Not romance.

Geez, Rian, what's the difference?
@AceofWands

Just to put an end to this SITH that provoked so much pain on every level:

On one side there was an entitled fanboy Mr. David Kamp as a journalist and other side there was Rian who had to keep one of the main twists of the movie under the wraps as hard as he could.

Then Rian's danced around the answer - because the poor guy really wasn't allowed to say anything and Kamp just pulled out from  his own biased conclusions. And on META (lol) level not only insulted fanfiction writers but Rian himself.

I wonder how David Kamp is feeling today?
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum