Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No central romance my S

+28
CienaRee
DeeBee
AceofWands
DarthRen
Blood Moon
spacebaby45678
Camaro
Cowgirlsamurai
Darth Dementor
vaderito
ISeeAnIsland
SheLitAFire
nite0wl29
PalmettoBlue
Night Huntress
Kylo Men
reylo1992
Darth_Awakened
Darth Dingbat
Saracene
snufkin
rey09
FrolickingFizzgig
tukicarreno
IoJovi
Atenais
Irina de France
Xylo Ren
32 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

No central romance my S - Page 3 Empty Re: No central romance my S

Post by AceofWands Thu 26 Oct 2017, 3:20 pm

Darth Dingbat wrote:
vaderito wrote:RUKE LIVES! BELIEVE! cheers cheers cheers cheers
@vaderito

Ruke and GingerBuns, the two hot surprise romances of TLJ!
@Darth Dingbat

I'm actually surprised people aren't getting on board on Ruke. Luke looks good!

Anyways, as to the quote, I'm thinking the truth is that there will be both a Han/Leia style romance AND  a central romance, but no Han/Leia style CENTRAL romance.

Or else Rian said that there will be no Han/Leia style of romance that's unrequited.

Lol, lol, there are so many ways to twist those words and they seem to have been poorly reported. But I did believe for a time that it meant that there would be no central romance, and it didn't bother me cause that was what I sort of expected, with so much story for these characters. But then I see how things are coming up and I'm not so sure we can talk about "no central romance", even if Kylo and Rey don't spend a lot of time together or if they don't kiss.

On Rian's quote, one thing that's interesting is that when he came on Twitter to quench the fire, he denied what the reporter wrote. He wrote that he never called Reylo fanfiction, he wrote that he was referring specifically to a Han/Leia romance, and he wrote that his actual quote was clear. He distanced himself from the common interpretation.

Compare this to "I can see you're upset." There's an ocean of difference.

So I also think that Rian clarified as much as he could without giving too much away. So maybe the quote was misreported. Or then, maybe, he literally meant that "in TLJ, the Han/Leia romance is not central" or that "there isn't a central romance (meaning that there are two romances)".

We'll have to see what he says after the movie.

Last edited by AceofWands on Thu 26 Oct 2017, 3:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
AceofWands
AceofWands
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France Thu 26 Oct 2017, 3:29 pm

I'll be a optimistic little baby here, but let me be an optimistic little baby.

So a trailer doesn't reveal the big twists that happen in a movie, right? And seeing Kylo giving his hand to Rey was unexpected, but it was still there...

That leads me to believe that him making an offer to help Rey doesn't happen in Act 3 or towards the end of the movie. If it was, you wouldn't show that in a trailer, because that would be considered a huge enough spoiler.

So yeah, maybe I'm an optimistic little baby, but if I'm right... color me excited.
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Thu 26 Oct 2017, 3:43 pm

AceofWands wrote:
Darth Dingbat wrote:
vaderito wrote:RUKE LIVES! BELIEVE! cheers cheers cheers cheers
@vaderito

Ruke and GingerBuns, the two hot surprise romances of TLJ!
@Darth Dingbat

I'm actually surprised people aren't getting on board on Ruke. Luke looks good!

Anyways, as to the quote, I'm thinking the truth is that there will be both a Han/Leia style romance AND  a central romance, but no Han/Leia style CENTRAL romance.

Or else Rian said that there will be no Han/Leia style of romance that's unrequited.

Lol, lol, there are so many ways to twist those words and they seem to have been poorly reported. But I did believe for a time that it meant that there would be no central romance, and it didn't bother me cause that was what I sort of expected, with so much story for these characters. But then I see how things are coming up and I'm not so sure we can talk about "no central romance", even if Kylo and Rey don't spend a lot of time together or if they don't kiss.

On Rian's quote, one thing that's interesting is that when he came on Twitter to quench the fire, he denied what the reporter wrote. He wrote that he never called Reylo fanfiction, he wrote that he was referring specifically to a Han/Leia romance, and he wrote that his actual quote was clear. He distanced himself from the common interpretation.

Compare this to "I can see you're upset." There's an ocean of difference.

So I also think that Rian clarified as much as he could without giving too much away. So maybe the quote was misreported. Or then, maybe, he literally meant that "in TLJ, the Han/Leia romance is not central" or that "there isn't a central romance (meaning that there are two romances)".

We'll have to see what he says after the movie.
@AceofWands

This post really hits the nail on the head, and it echoes my interpretation of the whole RomanceGate debacle.  Rian's subsequent damage control on twitter said so much more than if the whole incident never happened at all.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Thu 26 Oct 2017, 3:49 pm

Irina de France wrote:I'll be a optimistic little baby here, but let me be an optimistic little baby.

So a trailer doesn't reveal the big twists that happen in a movie, right? And seeing Kylo giving his hand to Rey was unexpected, but it was still there...

That leads me to believe that him making an offer to help Rey doesn't happen in Act 3 or towards the end of the movie. If it was, you wouldn't show that in a trailer, because that would be considered a huge enough spoiler.

So yeah, maybe I'm an optimistic little baby, but if I'm right... color me excited.
@Irina de France

I agree with that. That's why I've been firmly in the "the hand happens on Ahch-To" camp since the trailer dropped.

Granted, I've thought that all along that Kylo's arc would go from selfish-to-selfless... So while I don't think that he'll be "seducing her to the dark side", I would not be at all surprised if Kylo is extending his hand to Rey not out of any sort of selfless motivation, but because he needs her help with something or because they need to work together. (And by the end of the movie, his motivations will have evolved to something more selfless.)
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Thu 26 Oct 2017, 3:59 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
Irina de France wrote:I'll be a optimistic little baby here, but let me be an optimistic little baby.

@Irina de France

I agree with that. That's why I've been firmly in the "the hand happens on Ahch-To" camp since the trailer dropped.

Granted, I've thought that all along that Kylo's arc would go from selfish-to-selfless... So while I don't think that he'll be "seducing her to the dark side", I would not be at all surprised if Kylo is extending his hand to Rey not out of any sort of selfless motivation, but because he needs her help with something or because they need to work together. (And by the end of the movie, his motivations will have evolved to something more selfless.)
@ISeeAnIsland

Just my two cents on this. I was on it has to happen on Ach-To camp, then later on at Spremacy or so at some point. There might be something we're missing. Kylo arrives at Ach-To angry, maybe fight and then suddenly hand gesture, which presumably Rey would have to accept, right. Why rejecting him twice. Why would she do that so early? It just seems odd, even if she learns something. Their arcs has to culminate towards this point because if she goes with him, then why these two are later on on Crait, post Ach-To on opposite sides.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Thu 26 Oct 2017, 4:39 pm

The first time Rey rejected Kylo's offer, she didn't reject it as much as she just didn't listen to it period. It's like she went, oh yes the force, and the rest just sailed past her ears. This time they could play it so that she actually listens to what he has to say, takes it in and seriously considers it. Before she either rejects it in the end or other circumstances interfere.

I know people loathe the idea of Kylo trying to get Rey on the dark side, but if Kylo himself at that point is not ready to abandon the dark side and yet wants Rey to join him (for a number of personal reasons), it just seems logical to me that he'd attempt to win her over to the side he's currently on.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PalmettoBlue Thu 26 Oct 2017, 4:51 pm

This is a ridiculous side note which shows my immaturity:

Every time I read the name of this thread, I read it as “No central romance my Sass.”

I just had to get that out there. Apologies....
PalmettoBlue
PalmettoBlue
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

https://palmettosdesk.blog/

Back to top Go down

Post by AceofWands Thu 26 Oct 2017, 5:03 pm

PalmettoBlue wrote:This is a ridiculous side note which shows my immaturity:

Every time I read the name of this thread, I read it as “No central romance my Sass.”

@PalmettoBlue

That's one S too much. But what would be the alternative interpretation?

@Darthren

@Iseeanisland

She could reject him.

In fiction (and in fairy tales) things often happen in 3s.

The same thing happens twice to establish a pattern. When it happens differently, the audience notices. So it would be possible. That said, there's already a lot of difference. From confident Kylo, we have humble, insecure Kylo. Things are different this time.

I think it could happen early on, if only just because they wouldn't put a key scene from the middle or ending in the trailer. And this is a wonderfully put together trailer.

I agree with @saracene that it could be a slight difference, or one step towards reconciliation but not a full reconciliation yet.

That said, they wouldn't make the trailer (and marketing) all about Rey and Kylo if they weren't going to have a significant relationship.

This is not TFA, where they were hiding Rey's arc. There's stuff they are hiding for sure, but Rey and Kylo will impact each other significantly. Plus, the romantic element is in your face in the trailer. At least Kylo's feelings are romantic. That's a romantic arc right there.
AceofWands
AceofWands
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Thu 26 Oct 2017, 5:28 pm

@AceofWands

I understand in fairytales 3's etc. If she rejects him or doesn't give an anwser due to circumstances, I don't think Kylo would offer himself for the third time or do you imply that Rey would ask him the next time they see each other?

I concede the point, showing us key scene in the movie would be un-LF like, very odd from them. But still even if she rejects him, this is huge the way they put it, but perhaps it's just they way of showing is the essence of the convesation of his offer, not really her answer.

I agree, Kylo and Rey will impact each other in a big way. That was kinda known or at least heavily implied to already by TFA strange and mysterious connection links the two, intertwined destinies. Romantic element is only from Kylo, we know next to nothing about Rey, which is the continuation again from TFA. We can all see his attempth to woo her. It just shows that Kylo is sincere and genuine in his offer [and was back then at SKB] and judging by facial expression, trembling less sure and not pushing her literally to the edde with her answer.

If this happens earlier, my headcanon is officially ruined.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Thu 26 Oct 2017, 7:29 pm

I think Rian's going to set up the romance, but that it won't actually happen in TLJ. These characters require a lot of development to get to a place where they could be a couple. Didn't Rian say he wanted to make a romance happen but that the characters just weren't in the right places yet? I think that's the literal truth. Plus people speculating at a team up after the trailer and then that Dole "Unite for a healthy galaxy" campaign? They'll join forces, and we'll see hints of attraction (probably more heart eyes), but JJ will have to be the one to drive it home with a kiss or other sign of affection.

That's my take on things.
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Thu 26 Oct 2017, 7:41 pm

Cowgirlsamurai wrote:I think Rian's going to set up the romance, but that it won't actually happen in TLJ. These characters require a lot of development to get to a place where they could be a couple. Didn't Rian say he wanted to make a romance happen but that the characters just weren't in the right places yet? I think that's the literal truth. Plus people speculating at a team up after the trailer and then that Dole "Unite for a healthy galaxy" campaign? They'll join forces, and we'll see hints of attraction (probably more heart eyes), but JJ will have to be the one to drive it home with a kiss or other sign of affection.

@Cowgirlsamurai

I’m 110% confident we’re going to get Rey and Kylo as the central endgame couple of the trilogy, but the time frame and how fast/slow it progresses is anyone’s guess. Personally, I think we’re going to get UST throughout the movie here and there, with a climactic overt hint at the end on the true nature of what their relationship will become. But yes, the audience needs to be on his side first and foremost before any of that can happen. Getting the audience to sympathize and identify with him, and allowing them to understand why he is the way he is - that’s what TLJ is going to cover most.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Thu 26 Oct 2017, 7:46 pm

Still it's interesting because with what Rian said for VF, there will be a romance [just not Han/Leia type] and not unrequited, means both sides will be in love. Either he's baiting us [ not sure why would he do that], it's Finn/Rose [which is close to bickering couple like Han/Leia] or it's Kylo and Rey. Then Kylo and Rey always seemed to be as slow-burn romance, they might hint at it in TLJ but not fully going into this area.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Thu 26 Oct 2017, 8:08 pm

IoJovi wrote:
Cowgirlsamurai wrote:I think Rian's going to set up the romance, but that it won't actually happen in TLJ. These characters require a lot of development to get to a place where they could be a couple. Didn't Rian say he wanted to make a romance happen but that the characters just weren't in the right places yet? I think that's the literal truth. Plus people speculating at a team up after the trailer and then that Dole "Unite for a healthy galaxy" campaign? They'll join forces, and we'll see hints of attraction (probably more heart eyes), but JJ will have to be the one to drive it home with a kiss or other sign of affection.

@Cowgirlsamurai

I’m 110% confident we’re going to get Rey and Kylo as the central endgame couple of the trilogy, but the time frame and how fast/slow it progresses is anyone’s guess.  Personally, I think we’re going to get UST throughout the movie here and there, with a climactic overt hint at the end on the true nature of what their relationship will become.  But yes, the audience needs to be on his side first and foremost before any of that can happen.  Getting the audience to sympathize and identify with him, and allowing them to understand why he is the way he is - that’s what TLJ is going to cover most.
@IoJovi

Rey and Kylo are def end game. Rian had to do the heavy lifting in Kylo's arc and in turning Rey's impression of him. JJ's job will be easy by comparison. So far the development of things has been very satisfying Cool Rian's words tell me that a central romance is still on for the trilogy and will be hinted further, but it just couldn't be forced in to 8.
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno Thu 26 Oct 2017, 8:11 pm

IoJovi wrote:

@Cowgirlsamurai

I’m 110% confident we’re going to get Rey and Kylo as the central endgame couple of the trilogy, but the time frame and how fast/slow it progresses is anyone’s guess. Personally, I think we’re going to get UST throughout the movie here and there, with a climactic overt hint at the end on the true nature of what their relationship will become. But yes, the audience needs to be on his side first and foremost before any of that can happen. Getting the audience to sympathize and identify with him, and allowing them to understand why he is the way he is - that’s what TLJ is going to cover most.
@IoJovi

Exactly! I still wouldn´t rule out a kiss in TLJ though, especially if is in the form of a force vision.
There is still that possibility. Wink bounce
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Camaro Thu 26 Oct 2017, 9:41 pm

On the topic of Reylo being endgame, has the possibility of this trilogy turning into a quartet been discussed here? I've speculated ever since TFA released to such wild success that there could be a surprise! extra movie. I'm sure production has repeatedly stated it's just a trilogy on interviews and what have you, but there's always a chance they could try and milk this thing if TLJ is as much of a success as TFA.

I'm bringing this up because of the Reylo implications (i.e. more time to develop a credible romance, more time to effectively redeem Kylo and have a space kiss that doesn't make people's stomachs turn but instead makes them swoon, more of a chance to get a satisfying conclusion. Plus, this cast is so young... I don't know how they could pass up on the chance for an Episode X. A lot of this is mega wishful thinking on my part. NGL.
Camaro
Camaro
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by PalmettoBlue Fri 27 Oct 2017, 5:29 am

Camaro wrote:On the topic of Reylo being endgame, has the possibility of this trilogy turning into a quartet been discussed here? I've speculated ever since TFA released to such wild success that there could be a surprise! extra movie. I'm sure production has repeatedly stated it's just a trilogy on interviews and what have you, but there's always a chance they could try and milk this thing if TLJ is as much of a success as TFA.

I'm bringing this up because of the Reylo implications (i.e. more time to develop a credible romance, more time to effectively redeem Kylo and have a space kiss that doesn't make people's stomachs turn but instead makes them swoon, more of a chance to get a satisfying conclusion. Plus, this cast is so young... I don't know how they could pass up on the chance for an Episode X. A lot of this is mega wishful thinking on my part. NGL.
@Camaro

I read a reddit post where the OP claimed that they were going to do that, but I don’t remember discussing it here.
PalmettoBlue
PalmettoBlue
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Fri 27 Oct 2017, 6:00 am

PalmettoBlue wrote:
Camaro wrote:On the topic of Reylo being endgame, has the possibility of this trilogy turning into a quartet been discussed here? I've speculated ever since TFA released to such wild success that there could be a surprise! extra movie. I'm sure production has repeatedly stated it's just a trilogy on interviews and what have you, but there's always a chance they could try and milk this thing if TLJ is as much of a success as TFA.

@Camaro

I read a reddit post where the OP claimed that they were going to do that, but I don’t remember discussing it here.
@PalmettoBlue

I had never heard about it. I know it sounds a little naive because SW is a cash machine but I sincerely hope they wouldn't add any movie to extend the ST. I even hope that they don't plan already to make another trilogy even if I hope we will get Reylo babies by the end of the ST.

In general, I dont like so much the idea to extend the same story arc indefinitely, i.e. like they do with Pirate of Carribbean where Disney produce movies after movies and the story gets more boring and boring. I would definitely prefer that they make a good ST that ties everything together and that ends the Skywalker story as the main arc on a solid basis.

Now, I am not naive: I know that the question of a another trilogy will come back sooner or later in 10, 20, 30 years. But personally I hope that they wouldn't extend the story of the Skywalker family as the main arc indefinitely with the risk to have nothing really new to bring. So I would prefer that they make standalone movie that completes the plot holes of the SW story.

Plus, I can't speak for the actors but I imagine that being part of the SW franchise is a big involvement in a career. I mean, Harrison, Carrie and Mark spent more than 6-7 years of their career playing SW characters and promoting the SW movies. This requires so much time to prepare the role (physically and emotionally), play the scenes well and promote the movie all around the world. This implies to give so much time to a great project and thus to renounce to other interesting projects for a career. That's why, I don't expect Daisy, Adam and John to accept to do one more trilogy or even one more film than initially planed because one single movie would require for them to place SW at the center of their career for 2 years more.
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Fri 27 Oct 2017, 6:28 am

"No central romance" in TLJ is like the stupidest thing I have ever heard....  Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes Evil Help
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Blood Moon Fri 27 Oct 2017, 7:13 am

PalmettoBlue wrote:

@Camaro

@PalmettoBlue

It has been discussed on the forum but can't remember if it was in the crack theories tread. The guy was right about some other things, like little teasers before the trailer dropped. Personally a 4th episode in a saga of trilogies still doesn't make sense to me.
Blood Moon
Blood Moon
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Fri 27 Oct 2017, 8:39 am

PalmettoBlue wrote:

@Camaro

@PalmettoBlue

Gangsta Rap Dude claimed it, along with the date of the trailer and 10 seconds teasers.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by PalmettoBlue Fri 27 Oct 2017, 8:44 am

DarthRen wrote:
PalmettoBlue wrote:

@Camaro

@PalmettoBlue

Gangsta Rap Dude claimed it, along with the date of the trailer and 10 seconds teasers.
@DarthRen

That’s right! His actual screen name is...not allowed here.

So, since he got the trailer and the teasers right, so we believe him? Should this go to crack thread?
PalmettoBlue
PalmettoBlue
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Fri 27 Oct 2017, 8:57 am

PalmettoBlue wrote:
DarthRen wrote:
PalmettoBlue wrote:

@Camaro

@PalmettoBlue

@DarthRen

That’s right! His actual screen name is...not allowed here.

So, since he got the trailer and the teasers right, so we believe him? Should this go to crack thread?
@PalmettoBlue

Probably still crack thread or could be spoiler/rumours given he seems at least knowing these type of things. He also supported other redditor about Finn winning at Canto bight a lot of money.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by PalmettoBlue Fri 27 Oct 2017, 9:05 am

Speaking of Finn...
With regards to Rose - we haven’t seen them really interact. I get the feeling they are going to be a love interest, but do y’all think maybe he has to move past any sort of crush he might have on Rey? I just wonder if we’re going to see him mature on that emotional level. He’s facing Phasma - kind of his shadow - but what about so called “softer” emotions?
PalmettoBlue
PalmettoBlue
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Fri 27 Oct 2017, 9:20 am

PalmettoBlue wrote:Speaking of Finn...
With regards to Rose - we haven’t seen them really interact. I get the feeling they are going to be a love interest, but do y’all think maybe he has to move past any sort of crush he might have on Rey? I just wonder if we’re going to see him mature on that emotional level. He’s facing Phasma - kind of his shadow - but what about so called “softer” emotions?
@PalmettoBlue

As much as I would love that, Finn and Rose seems a lot lot Han and Leia, which goes against what Rian have said. I think Finn will move on from his crush on Rey but not into another relationship, more likely towards finding his place in that chaos. He seems more determined than ever, less of comedic moments to Rey or anyone else, more of his own man. Which I'm really glad for, we need this Finn. My two cents from the distance.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Fri 27 Oct 2017, 10:05 am

Love John, and I am sure I will love Kelly Tran, but do I care if Finn & Rose have instant chemistry and flirt? No not really No I guess I would be happy bounce for Finn since Rey friend zoned him? I guess... but do I care ? not really. Arrow
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum