Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reactions to the trailer within the fandom

5 posters

Go down

Reactions to the trailer within the fandom Empty Reactions to the trailer within the fandom

Post by adamdrivershair Sun 22 Oct 2017, 7:15 pm

I'm seeing a lot of comments from others in the Reylo community about how the conversation at large has shifted in interesting ways since the trailer, and I was wondering where/how you all have seen this manifest. I've seen just a little of it - namely, more people on Tumblr who are interested in Reylo, a poll showing a swing towards the belief that Rey is unrelated, and one or two media writeups talking about Rey and Kylo's connection.

Other than that, I'm not seeing some huge shift. I forced myself to watch some trailer reactions on YouTube, and feel like most of what made the trailer interesting has flown over people's heads. Please enlighten me Smile
adamdrivershair
adamdrivershair
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Reactions to the trailer within the fandom Empty Re: Reactions to the trailer within the fandom

Post by IoJovi Sun 22 Oct 2017, 7:34 pm

Perhaps it's because the end of the trailer is what we've been anticipating all along. My biggest surprise/shock is that the trailer gave us THAT much of a hint of what's to come between them. I'll still say though, as someone already chest deep in the fandom, there's huge a difference between talking about it for two years, and actually SEEING it in front of you on screen. My excitement hasn't waned since last Monday night - in fact I had trouble sleeping the night the trailer aired. And if you are ever in need of a pick me up, go into NIIMA Outpost and find the archived thread when the trailer first aired. I think it's around page 21. The excitement was THICK!!!

I also saw a graph that the night it aired, according to google, Internet searches for Reylo increased by about 600%.

I'm not surprised in the least about Rey's parentage polls. It shows that people actually understood the context in the last scene, and that it goes beyond Kylo "teaching" her, or them becoming allies.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Reactions to the trailer within the fandom Empty Re: Reactions to the trailer within the fandom

Post by Casper Sun 22 Oct 2017, 8:37 pm

This may be a stupid question  Embarassed, but I was just on YT looking for new Reylo stuff, when I clicked on this video (link below) and saw something interesting.  The shot at 1:22 – when she comes out of the water – it looks like Kylo is standing at the far left hand side of the screen.  Does this actually happen in the trailer or is that a clever edit by the person who made the video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6h7JuEtUF3M

Casper
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Sun 22 Oct 2017, 10:33 pm

I say: Let the healing begin Smile

In time, I think all SW fans will love Reylo - we are just in the first third of an involved story, and IMHO The force awakens was pretty ambiguous.. so I'm pretty unsurprised at all the different views floating around.

I remember hearing in the ESB commentary that George Lucas had consulted with a psychologist to make sure the 'I am your father' reveal didn't traumatise the little kiddies for life. The psychologist said it was fine: because if they couldn't accept it or cope with it - they would simply deny it.
Rofl. then again, maybe we were all traumatised by it after all Wink - i'm in that generation that would have been. haaaaa..

I think we may be seeing some of this at play in the fandom at the moment, 2 years is a long time to ponder....

@Casper I had a quick look. I think it is some sneaky editing! But I can't say for sure..
I confess I find these edits very unnerving!
It will be wonderful for fans to have more source materials once The last Jedi is released Wink
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Sun 22 Oct 2017, 10:54 pm

Casper wrote:This may be a stupid question  Embarassed, but I was just on YT looking for new Reylo stuff, when I clicked on this video (link below) and saw something interesting.  The shot at 1:22 – when she comes out of the water – it looks like Kylo is standing at the far left hand side of the screen.  Does this actually happen in the trailer or is that a clever edit by the person who made the video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6h7JuEtUF3M
@Casper

That's a manip/edit. Here's the original shot from the trailer--she's looking at Luke:

Reactions to the trailer within the fandom Screen11

They flipped the shot to a mirror image and replaced Luke with Kylo:

Reactions to the trailer within the fandom Screen12
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Casper Mon 23 Oct 2017, 6:26 am

@ISeeAnIsland

Oh, okay.  Thanks.  I kind of realized after I posted it that Kylo's 'look' there is from TFA, not TLJ.

Casper
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by adamdrivershair Mon 23 Oct 2017, 9:27 am

@IoJovi

Oh, I wasn't referring to our side of the fandom at all! I think it's been eye opening for everybody, but less of a seismic shift for us.

I saw one guy in a YouTube reaction say, right after the trailer ended, that the hand gesture was like Kylo asking Rey to dance, before the group drowned him out with cries of, 'He's pulling her to the dark side,' etc. It's so interesting to watch. I just want everyone to see exactly what we're seeing!
adamdrivershair
adamdrivershair
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down