Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reviews, reactions, first impressions - with NO SPOILERS

+9
Lucina
Darth Rowan
LadyHa
tukicarreno
SheLitAFire
Reylo Lemon
FrolickingFizzgig
MyOnlyHope
Darth Dingbat
13 posters

Go down

Reviews, reactions, first impressions - with NO SPOILERS Empty Reviews, reactions, first impressions - with NO SPOILERS

Post by Darth Dingbat Tue 12 Dec 2017, 11:00 am

The review embargo lifts soon, so I thought a thread for spoiler-free reviews and the like would be great. I can't stress that enough, though. Make sure the links you post have NO PLOT SPOILERS.

Of course, even spoiler-free reviews are usually bound to hint at something, so skip the reviews if you prefer not to know even that much.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Reviews, reactions, first impressions - with NO SPOILERS Empty Re: Reviews, reactions, first impressions - with NO SPOILERS

Post by MyOnlyHope Tue 12 Dec 2017, 11:11 am

Best Star Wars movie since ESB in this one!

http://www.slashfilm.com/star-wars-the-last-jedi-review/
MyOnlyHope
MyOnlyHope
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Reviews, reactions, first impressions - with NO SPOILERS Empty Re: Reviews, reactions, first impressions - with NO SPOILERS

Post by MyOnlyHope Tue 12 Dec 2017, 11:30 am

Other hilarious reactions. I'm dying.

And Kylo's Dark Side journey continues, chock full of enough pain and pathos to make Anakin Skywalker's six-movie story look paper-thin by comparison.

The Last Jedi is Star Wars all grown up. It has a complexity and depth to it that the previous films have never quite reached. Star Wars has given us wicked villains and noble heroes, but writer-director Rian Johnson gets further under the skin of his stars to reveal hidden motives, divided loyalties and crippling uncertainties.

http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/star-wars/review/a844982/star-wars-the-last-jedi-review-spoiler-free/
[Driver's] is one of the movie’s most challenging and effective performances, and though the internet will distract itself with a moment in which he briefly appears shirtless, it’s gratifying to see such a gifted actor in the part.
http://variety.com/2017/film/reviews/star-wars-the-last-jedi-review-rian-johnson-1202635597/
MyOnlyHope
MyOnlyHope
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Tue 12 Dec 2017, 11:34 am

Guardian Review (possible spoiler) :
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Tue 12 Dec 2017, 11:39 am

Guardian Review (possible spoiler):
@FrolickingFizzgig

WHAT THE FRICK! lol!
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MyOnlyHope Tue 12 Dec 2017, 11:44 am

Me rn
Reviews, reactions, first impressions - with NO SPOILERS E58
MyOnlyHope
MyOnlyHope
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Tue 12 Dec 2017, 11:45 am

Maria Antonietta wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
Guardian Review (possible spoiler):
@FrolickingFizzgig

WHAT THE FRICK! lol!
@Maria Antonietta
You'll know what it means soon. Wink
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire Tue 12 Dec 2017, 11:49 am

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Well articulated, The Guardian, well articulated!

Last edited by SheLitAFire on Tue 12 Dec 2017, 1:17 pm; edited 5 times in total
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno Tue 12 Dec 2017, 11:54 am

MyOnlyHope wrote:Best Star Wars movie since ESB in this one!

http://www.slashfilm.com/star-wars-the-last-jedi-review/
@MyOnlyHope

Oh man! This is such GOOD news! This film is gonna slay and while I don´t know any spoilers yet, I have this feeling all the Reylo scenes are going to be amazing. bounce I love you Very Happy
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by MyOnlyHope Tue 12 Dec 2017, 12:18 pm

Two that are a bit spoilery (in the best way possible).
Spoiler:

Last edited by MyOnlyHope on Tue 12 Dec 2017, 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
MyOnlyHope
MyOnlyHope
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Tue 12 Dec 2017, 12:20 pm

^ Those two reviews might be put in spoiler tags? They might reveal a tad too much, thrilling as they are...
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MyOnlyHope Tue 12 Dec 2017, 12:26 pm

Darth Dingbat wrote:^ Those two reviews might be put in spoiler tags? They might reveal a tad too much, thrilling as they are...
@Darth Dingbat
Oh, true. I completely forgot amidst all the hype. Laughing
MyOnlyHope
MyOnlyHope
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyHa Tue 12 Dec 2017, 12:29 pm

SheLitAFire wrote:
@FrolickingFizzgig

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Well articulated, The Guardian, well articulated!
@SheLitAFire

The Guardian review is beautifully written. In addition to that fabulous line about
Spoiler:
there's:
Spoiler:

Last edited by LadyHa on Tue 12 Dec 2017, 12:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added spoiler tag)
LadyHa
LadyHa
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Rowan Tue 12 Dec 2017, 1:49 pm

MyOnlyHope wrote:

[Driver's] is one of the movie’s most challenging and effective performances, and though the internet will distract itself with a moment in which he briefly appears shirtless, it’s gratifying to see such a gifted actor in the part.
http://variety.com/2017/film/reviews/star-wars-the-last-jedi-review-rian-johnson-1202635597
/
@MyOnlyHope

Hello. I am the internet.

Reviews, reactions, first impressions - with NO SPOILERS 163

Seriously, Rian Johnson is the f*** MVP. Dude gets it. I need the emotional depth and the visual wonder, the layered characterizations, the nuance and the shocking plot twists - but it's equally true that I need the shirtless scene. I want it all and Rian's all YASSS QUEEN, you should have it all!

Reviews, reactions, first impressions - with NO SPOILERS Tumblr_nj7px90z2I1rt1sw0o1_500

I can't. XD
Darth Rowan
Darth Rowan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucina Tue 12 Dec 2017, 2:47 pm

I'm currently watching/reading some non-spoiler reviews of the film and the main criticism people seem to have is the Finn/Rose storyline and some misplaced humor. Everyone is very cryptic about the Rey/Kylo/Luke storyline so I guess all the exciting stuff happens there.

I'm a little bit worried for Finn's character though Triste I already thought he was a bit of a mess in TFA but hoped TLJ would improve the character. We'll see...
Lucina
Lucina
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Wed 13 Dec 2017, 6:07 am

Hi guys! I just come out from the theaters. I don't really know where to begins and how to express what I feel. I think I will have to watch it a second time to confirm my feeling about that movie. I let you judge by yourself and will gladly answer questions in the Q&A thread. Right now, I don't feel like I can really provide a real critic without spoiling or influencing your judgment.
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Man Without A Star Wed 13 Dec 2017, 1:10 pm

Oh my god, I am suffering so much from not wanting to spoil myself! Sad I got a tiny peak at some stuff already, because I just could not control myself. 3 more days :/
Man Without A Star
Man Without A Star
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by cherrylipstick Wed 13 Dec 2017, 1:48 pm

Hey guys! I've just seen the movie and I really don't know what to say!
Now I'm too excited and overwhelmed  to say something rational Stretcher
The movie starts fast and it goes even faster, a lot of things happen and  I wasn't expecting some of them.
All I can say is that I liked it but I must see it again to understand it better (and possibly in english, because I've seen it dubbed and I really missed Adam's beautiful voice Triste  )
cherrylipstick
cherrylipstick

https://cherrylipstick85.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Wed 13 Dec 2017, 4:46 pm

Allright guys! I needed time to clear my ideas and provide some rational description.

1) Rian didn't lie when he said that it would be shocking and unexpected. Prepare yourself for twists! This is not going to go the way you think!

2) Although the movie is long and dense, there is little plot progression and character development in general. A lot of questions - if not the most of the questions - won't be answered and this is the reason why I left the theaters kinda frustrated.

3) Reylo: The way Rian used the Force Bond was interesting. There is one scene in particular that is very emotionally charged between them and makes it clear to the audience that there is something going on. The progression of their relationship during the movie is unexpected as much as the way things go.

4) The movie is visually-thrilling, pretty funny but I still feel lukewarm regarding certain aspects aside from the Reylo dimension
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucina Thu 14 Dec 2017, 4:47 pm

Hey guys! I'm back and I have seen the movie now. I liked it. There are some things that I'm unsure about but it had a lot of GREAT moments and had me on the edge of my seat more than a few times.

I think I will have to digest it more and see it at least one more time before I can give my final review. But I think I liked it better then TFA.

I'm so glad that I no longer have to avoid spoilers!
Lucina
Lucina
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide Thu 14 Dec 2017, 9:01 pm

I loved the movie- but can see why some people don't.

Join us in the spoiler thread when you are ready.
ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Sat 16 Dec 2017, 5:10 pm

Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down