Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion: Podcasts

+52
Piper Maru
Mila95
kroi
AceofWands
Star Wars Connection
Socialnole
Starliteprism
Riri
KnightsofReylo_2015
Dar-ren19
Teo oswald
Let The Past Die
Irina de France
DeeBee
MrsWindu
12 Parsnips
Gemlake
Armadeus
BenRey
californiagirl
Night Huntress
Ynqve
Kylo Rey
Moonlight13
ZioRen
Darth Dingbat
Darth_Awakened
Tex
Birdwoman
nickandnora
FrolickingFizzgig
bashfulblueeyes3
giaciak2
IoJovi
cherrylipstick
ISeeAnIsland
Kessel
Darth Rowan
Mana
Saracene
rey09
whisperingwillow
Cowgirlsamurai
Kylo Men
Reylo Lemon
PalmettoBlue
vaderito
rawpowah
SoloSideCousin
Lily Snape
snufkin
MyOnlyHope
56 posters

Page 9 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next

Go down

Discussion: Podcasts - Page 9 Empty Re: Discussion: Podcasts

Post by snufkin Fri 02 Feb 2018, 1:00 am

@MrsWindu As a former backpacker, your comment about the shock of eating Western food made me laugh pretty hard b/c I spent a good chunk of my 20s either backpacking around Latin America or living the the Caribbean. And I can't even begin to tell you how exciting it was for me any time I got to visit one of the oversea French departments/colonies in that part of the world because primarily it meant a trip to the hypermarché.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Fri 02 Feb 2018, 2:30 am

@snufkin

Thank you for the reminder. I went sraight to the internet to search. And I found it A comic that was released in my favorite children magazine waaay back in 1981. It's the original - serbian cyrillic letters - though I was reading a latin version here in the West in Croatia..   And it's part 5 or 6  of TESB comc: The Bespin betrayal.

Discussion: Podcasts - Page 9 Politikin-zabavnik-br-1563-1981-_slika_O_45610857
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Fri 02 Feb 2018, 4:19 pm

Hi All, I watched the latest Jedi Council podcast last night.. They said footage of the RJ Q&A would be released gradually over the next week or two..

Also, one of them said Kylo's face is beginning to deteriorate by the time he is picking up the gold dice - because he has become so evil and the big bad..
Wow. Oh boy. Each to their own, but for me, I think in future I might just skip to the new canon coverage section of the podcast..
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Fri 02 Feb 2018, 4:22 pm

DeeBee wrote:Hi All, I watched the latest Jedi Council podcast last night.. They said footage of the RJ Q&A would be released gradually over the next week or two..

Also, one of them said Kylo's face is beginning to deteriorate by the time he is picking up the gold dice - because he has become so evil and the big bad..
Wow. Oh boy. Each to their own, but for me, I think in future I might just skip to the new canon coverage section of the podcast..
@DeeBee

They're so desperate by wanting evil Kylo that they even start to imagine things.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Fri 02 Feb 2018, 5:07 pm

DeeBee wrote:Hi All, I watched the latest Jedi Council podcast last night.. They said footage of the RJ Q&A would be released gradually over the next week or two..

@DeeBee

I watched for a couple of months and then stopped watching recently. I commented on a number of very strange things they believe that probably reflect large swaths of certain groups of fandom. It was just kind of demoralizing, which is sad because I do like the people that frequent the council. I know the person you are referring to commenting on Kylo's scar, that's Kristian. He partly wishes Disney didn't have control of SW because then they could have Rey and Kylo end IX by reforming the Sith. It's so ludicrous in so many ways. Wonder what he'll think about IX when it actually happens! I feel ya Thumbs up
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MyOnlyHope Fri 02 Feb 2018, 5:14 pm

@DeeBee
Wow and they spent two years saying we were seeing things. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
MyOnlyHope
MyOnlyHope
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Fri 02 Feb 2018, 5:22 pm

MyOnlyHope wrote:

@DeeBee
Wow and they spent two years saying we were seeing things. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
@MyOnlyHope
Because they totally had Kylo's scar heal into a relatively thin line only to make it deteriorate again. Healing tech often just reverses itself. Lol if they wanted his face to be messed up they never would have had it heal at all. I want to think some fanboy interpretations are valid but then they come out with things like this and make it hard. Laughing
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah Fri 02 Feb 2018, 5:59 pm

Darth_Awakened wrote:

@DeeBee

They're so desperate by wanting evil Kylo that they even start to imagine things.
@Darth_Awakened

I know right? I can't imagine being this delusional. I almost feel sorry for them.
rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Fri 02 Feb 2018, 6:24 pm

@Darth_Awakened @ZioRen @MyOnlyHope @californiagirl

Yeah it was the Harloff guy. He went off on a few long rants and IMHO he dominates the discussion way too much.. Just my opinion..

Harloff's comment that Kylo's face is deteriorating due to his being now deep in the dark side, was immediately followed up by Harloff commenting he had said this to someone who had rebuffed - were we watching the same movie? as if the other person were an idiot basically.
Well I agree with the idiot! Smile

No wonder there is IMHO a lack of free and varied discussion on that council - they don't encourage it.
I actually think Ken has some great ideas and a more open mind, but he is dominated by Harloff - the show's host..

It's a shame.. because i enjoy how they update us about canon.
I will say I enjoyed watching their thoughts on TLJ before it's release and comparing to what came out - they were so far off the mark haaaaa.. but they seem to have forgotten this already..

The Australian podcaster, steele guy (?)  whose full name i don't know said on the JC a few podcasts back that he thought he had wanted Luke in TLJ to be the hero with the lightsaber [he had initiated the ignite the green movement aparently]  - but that he could see that we got instead was not what he had expected, not what he had hoped for and that it was far better - a very un-fanboy thing to say and I cheered that little moment of insight! From time to time I have heard some little gems in there - but the last two have left me wondering why I bother.

ZioRen wrote: I want to think some fanboy interpretations are valid but then they come out with things like this and make it hard.  Laughing

Exactly! I don't want to be closed off - good insights and wisdom can come from many unexpected places Wink
Not that we are obligated to listen to anyone if we don't want to..
I think the JC would get best ratings if they had a Reylo centric episode and brought on people who have seen the same movie I have.
haa haaa.. I'm joking but you know what I mean Wink
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Fri 02 Feb 2018, 6:25 pm

rawpowah wrote:
Darth_Awakened wrote:

@DeeBee

@Darth_Awakened

I know right? I can't imagine being this delusional. I almost feel sorry for them.
@rawpowah

This is the same council that was obsessed with Luke being a bad*** and igniting the green. It didn't happen and they got over it and ended up liking or even loving TLJ. Some of this group's ardent beliefs are beyond odd, but they are not entirely unreasonable when push comes to shove and the movie actually happens.

Reylo will shock them somehow, but I think this bunch might end up actually liking it, given they understand on some level the importance of romance through all the SW trilogies. They just can't see what's right in front of their faces as they speak. Very Happy
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Fri 02 Feb 2018, 6:26 pm

californiagirl wrote:
rawpowah wrote:
Darth_Awakened wrote:

@DeeBee

@Darth_Awakened

@rawpowah

This is the same council that was obsessed with Luke being a bad*** and igniting the green. It didn't happen and they got over it and ended up liking or even loving TLJ. Some of this group's ardent beliefs are beyond odd, but they are not entirely unreasonable when push comes to shove and the movie actually happens.

Reylo will shock them somehow, but I think this bunch might end up actually liking it, given they understand on some level the importance of romance through all the SW trilogies. They just can't see what's right in front of their faces as they speak. Very Happy
@californiagirl

Whooo our comments just crossed over calforniagirl - I mentioned a positive story about 'ignite the green'.. and it was a visiting panelist Smile

yeah to the bold!!!!! This could be quite fun to watch this unfold! haaaaa....
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Fri 02 Feb 2018, 6:29 pm

@DeeBee Ken is a little older than the others, he remembers more the old EU when it wasn't very good, and Luke and Co. were in their 60s able to do things like they could in their 20s. He's seen a lot change and is probably more open-minded for that reason. The Steele Wars guy is the one who made the Your Snoke Theory Sucks T-shirts, so I think he is also somewhat aware that fan culture and speculation can be pretty stupid.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France Fri 02 Feb 2018, 7:01 pm

californiagirl wrote:@DeeBee Ken is a little older than the others, he remembers more the old EU when it wasn't very good, and Luke and Co. were in their 60s able to do things like they could in their 20s. He's seen a lot change and is probably more open-minded for that reason. The Steele Wars guy is the one who made the Your Snoke Theory Sucks T-shirts, so I think he is also somewhat aware that fan culture and speculation can be pretty stupid.
@californiagirl

Oooh boy, tell me about the clusterf*ck that was the Legends continuity post-ROTJ. Honestly, the only books worth reading are Timothy Zahn's. The last book published before Disney threw away the Legends continuity was Crucible, and boy did it show everything wrong with the post-ROTJ era books.

Like, there are some gems, don't get me wrong, but when it was bad, it was REALLY f*cking bad.
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Fri 02 Feb 2018, 8:32 pm

Irina de France wrote:
californiagirl wrote:@DeeBee Ken is a little older than the others, he remembers more the old EU when it wasn't very good, and Luke and Co. were in their 60s able to do things like they could in their 20s. He's seen a lot change and is probably more open-minded for that reason. The Steele Wars guy is the one who made the Your Snoke Theory Sucks T-shirts, so I think he is also somewhat aware that fan culture and speculation can be pretty stupid.
@californiagirl

Oooh boy, tell me about the clusterf*ck that was the Legends continuity post-ROTJ. Honestly, the only books worth reading are Timothy Zahn's. The last book published before Disney threw away the Legends continuity was Crucible, and boy did it show everything wrong with the post-ROTJ era books.

Like, there are some gems, don't get me wrong, but when it was bad, it was REALLY f*cking bad.
@Irina de France

I'm glad I was only very dimly aware of the EU at that time. I heard there was a Darth Plagueis book that was good? And I know some about the Legends origin of the Jedi order that was this pre-Jedi/Sith mix of dark and light I thought was kind of interesting. The Clone Wars show is well-liked, but there seemed to have been more care and thought put into it, and behold, it's still canon.

It says something that one of the biggest parts of Legends that they salvaged and put back into canon was Thrawn. Funny how Thrawn started it all, but it was only downhill from there. Once they put Thrawn into Rebels and people liked it, they literally got Zahn to come back and write more Thrawn books. Like re-hiring Lawrence Kasden for TFA and Solo.

And to think people basically want the old EU again, for Kylo Ren/Darth Cadeus to die a tragic death after he went to the dark side by being righteously killed by his twin sister Jaina/Rey. Really people, not in the spirit of the films.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France Fri 02 Feb 2018, 9:00 pm

californiagirl wrote:
Irina de France wrote:
@californiagirl

@Irina de France

I'm glad I was only very dimly aware of the EU at that time. I heard there was a Darth Plagueis book that was good? And I know some about the Legends origin of the Jedi order that was this pre-Jedi/Sith mix of dark and light I thought was kind of interesting. The Clone Wars show is well-liked, but there seemed to have been more care and thought put into it, and behold, it's still canon.

It says something that one of the biggest parts of Legends that they salvaged and put back into canon was Thrawn. Funny how Thrawn started it all, but it was only downhill from there. Once they put Thrawn into Rebels and people liked it, they literally got Zahn to come back and write more Thrawn books. Like re-hiring Lawrence Kasden for TFA and Solo.

And to think people basically want the old EU again, for Kylo Ren/Darth Cadeus to die a tragic death after he went to the dark side by being righteously killed by his twin sister Jaina/Rey. Really people, not in the spirit of the films.
@californiagirl

Most stuff that's pre-PT is excellent, and I mean it. I love it to bits. And I'm glad Disney didn't ax away The Clone Wars either, because it was an amazing TV show with peak animation and detail from the beginning, even if they started with a small budget. It's also the kind of TV series that grows with its audience. The first seasons were light-hearted and kid-friendly, but the last could have some pretty serious material at times. It's such a shame it got cancelled.

But boy was the Jacen Solo/Darth Caedus plot terrible. I don't know a single person who liked it. Initially, one of my reasons for wanting Kylo to be redeemed is that I didn't want a Jacen Solo situation all over again, so ot really baffled to see people wanting him to become more evil and die in the end.
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Fri 02 Feb 2018, 9:10 pm

@Irina de France I think most people aren't familiar with/aware of the storylines of the EU, they just react to what they see onscreen (if in a very shallow way). The Clone Wars was a big exercise in onscreen worldbuilding and storytelling, and it didn't feel out of place with the films, so it ranked with the movies in terms of what should be salvaged. I thought it got cancelled because of the Disney purchase and Disney wanting to do their own show like that, Rebels, on their own channel (from what I've seen the animation isn't as nice). Then they turned some of the leftover scripts into books/comics.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Fri 02 Feb 2018, 10:29 pm

Irina de France wrote:

But boy was the Jacen Solo/Darth Caedus plot terrible. I don't know a single person who liked it. Initially, one of my reasons for wanting Kylo to be redeemed is that I didn't want a Jacen Solo situation all over again, so ot really baffled to see people wanting him to become more evil and die in the end.
@Irina de France

Oh yes! I don't even want to remember that- it'll just give me a headache! Evil or Very Mad

I stopped reading Legends after that...some authors had invented really awesome characters and stuff- but somehow they ruined it after a while. The most interesting ones got killed- like Mara, Anakin (Solo) but the big 3 always remained invincible. It irritated me.
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Fri 02 Feb 2018, 11:11 pm

@californiagirl

californiagirl, I just have to look at your avatar and it all feels better Smile
interesting times ahead..

the Steele wars guy is Australian.. (me too) so I think he tends to have a don't take yourself too seriously cultural underpining.
I can't and won't paint all aussies with the same brush, but as a culture we tend toward that mindset..

I want some good podcasts to listen to while commuting, with interesting explorations of the story, characters, themes over movies/trilogies/three triologies - but just can't hit on any interesting discussions where people aren't interrupting each other all the time, yelling, or saying 'like' every two seconds. [Okay maybe I'm too picky]
Collider may know the movie business, marketing, light sabers and what's canon - but they are not IMHO great at understanding and discussing themes and narratives so much. Maybe it's a hesitancy to dig deep - like say the Star Wars connection podcasts do (and for that I love ya!).
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Let The Past Die Sat 03 Feb 2018, 1:32 am

DeeBee wrote: I want some good podcasts to listen to while commuting, with interesting explorations of the story, characters, themes over movies/trilogies/three triologies - but just can't hit on any interesting discussions where people aren't interrupting each other all the time, yelling, or saying 'like' every two seconds. [Okay maybe I'm too picky]
@DeeBee

I've been wondering if there is a list somewhere of podcasts/YouTube vids that are good to listen to. Or if any other members can recommend any.

The only one I listen to is Jedi Jade on YouTube. I've tried listening to others, but obviously I've picked the wrong ones as either they've used a title as clickbait to lure ones in, or they have ideas that are off the wall. So I've basically given up trying to find any. I just listen to Jedi Jade as I mentioned, I find she has a very soothing voice... Lol or interviews with cast or with Rian. So if others have there favourites they'd like to share, please do, so we don't have to listen to rubbish.
Let The Past Die
Let The Past Die
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Sat 03 Feb 2018, 1:44 am

@DeeBee

I stumbled upon Collider Jedi Council by chance immediately after TFA - when I simply wanted to hear what other fans think.

It was 2 vs. 2. Ken and Jon Campea (who was still a member of the Council at the time) vs. Harloff & Mark Ellis (is he still there?).

The first two were way much reasonable and could provide some good and analytical insight. The other two - were only parroting about their headcanons and wishes.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Sat 03 Feb 2018, 2:36 am

Night Huntress wrote:
Irina de France wrote:

@Irina de France

Oh yes! I don't even want to remember that- it'll just give me a headache! Evil or Very Mad

I stopped reading Legends after that...some authors had invented really awesome characters and stuff- but somehow they ruined it after a while. The most interesting ones got killed- like Mara, Anakin (Solo) but the big 3 always remained invincible. It irritated me.
@Night Huntress

I never got into Legends/EU, but I remember hearing about the Jacen and Jaina storyline long before the ST, and I thought the idea of Han and Leia’s son going dark, his light side twin sister killing him, and him having a hidden kid sounded absolutely awful and nothing like SW.
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Sat 03 Feb 2018, 2:59 am

californiagirl wrote:
rawpowah wrote:
Darth_Awakened wrote:

@DeeBee

@Darth_Awakened

@rawpowah

@californiagirl

seriously they do not know when to stop Laughing As if JJ did something so cruel to Kylo, to his pupil. Rolling Eyes
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana Sat 03 Feb 2018, 5:07 am

Kessel wrote:
Night Huntress wrote:
Irina de France wrote:

@Irina de France

@Night Huntress

I never got into Legends/EU, but I remember hearing about the Jacen and Jaina storyline long before the ST, and I thought the idea of Han and Leia’s son going dark, his light side twin sister killing him, and him having a hidden kid sounded absolutely awful and nothing like SW.
@Kessel

Legends/EU was very much about the OT characters being the center of the story and refusing to move on and establish a new generation in a compelling way. And yeah, the OT3 have to watch while their children get killed off. It was basically a disservice to Han, Leia and Luke imo.
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Sat 03 Feb 2018, 10:11 am

Kessel wrote:
Night Huntress wrote:
Irina de France wrote:

@Irina de France

@Night Huntress

@Kessel

yeah, it is as awful as it sounds Rolling Eyes

And comparing Jacen to Kylo isn't working - they are two completely different characters...I read a lot of complains "Renperor- now it's Jacen Solo all over again..." ahh- no??? scratch
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Sat 03 Feb 2018, 10:16 am

Night Huntress wrote:
Kessel wrote:
Night Huntress wrote:
Irina de France wrote:

@Irina de France

@Night Huntress

@Kessel

yeah, it is as awful as it sounds Rolling Eyes

And comparing Jacen to Kylo isn't working - they are two completely different characters...I read a lot of complains "Renperor- now it's Jacen Solo all over again..." ahh- no??? scratch
@Night Huntress

The fact that Jacen died unredeemed (or even if it was redeemed - doesn’t matter) elevates Ben’s chances of survival ten fold.  The creators are doing everything they can to distance themselves from the EU.  They’re not going play out that same story again with Han and Leia’s only son, even if the names and characterizations have changed.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum