Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Romantic Reylo AKA the Who's Your Daddy Thread

+88
adamdrivershair
Kylo Rey
AnneNeville
Chained Prometheus
Trach
Xylo Ren
Geralt_Riv
MindAndMagic
motherofpearl1
Mana
Saracene
Aphelionna
californiagirl
Lily Snape
Jozie
rey09
Rimfaxe96
Gemlake
thescavenger
PalmettoBlue
AhsokaTano
Casper
KnightsofReylo_2015
Moonlight13
Armadeus
Meomeo
Reylo Lemon
Tex
Moonjump05
AcrosstheStars
Darth Dementor
Starliteprism
Marie Ren
EchoBase
BenRey
Little_Boots
shii405
RKR Connection
Atenais
Teo oswald
MrsWindu
nite0wl29
SkyStar
AceofWands
cherrylipstick
bashfulblueeyes3
Chris24601
ReyofLightSide
Helix
ThereThere
special_cases
Blackcanary
rawpowah
Ynqve
Piper Maru
Birdwoman
Lovely_Rose
nonesuch
reylodownlo
Kessel
Kylo Men
Irina de France
LadyHa
vaderito
reylo1992
RosiePancake
ZioRen
SoloSideCousin
panki
CienaRee
lauvamp
MyOnlyHope
Night Huntress
unicorn
Cowgirlsamurai
ISeeAnIsland
FrolickingFizzgig
Darth_Awakened
Darth Dingbat
IoJovi
Rei of Sunshine
SheLitAFire
Darth Rowan
snufkin
DarthRen
tukicarreno
Krafty
MeadowofAshes
92 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Romantic Reylo AKA the Who's Your Daddy Thread - Page 22 Empty Re: Romantic Reylo AKA the Who's Your Daddy Thread

Post by DarthRen Sun 17 Dec 2017, 2:55 am

Moonjump05 wrote:Well tvtropes knows what is up at least. They call out the shirtless scene, force bond, and Kylo's poor response to rejection. This is in addition to Reylo "ship tease". Too bad they also go the ship sinking route, but I think they are jumping the gun there.
@Moonjump05

I think it's mainly due to his fate and Rey being a Jedi, if she follows Luke's mantra.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Romantic Reylo AKA the Who's Your Daddy Thread - Page 22 Empty Re: Romantic Reylo AKA the Who's Your Daddy Thread

Post by Kylo Men Sun 17 Dec 2017, 3:09 am

Over the past week, I've been thinking, what if we've just misread it? What if all these Luke dudes who have seen and are writing about The Last Jedi are right, there is no sexual tension, or he's got it but she doesn't? What if this is all just a big case of people misapplying fairy tale tropes and talking themselves into things?

Good gravy!

The Last Jedi was way more sexually charged than even my highest estimate. In the elevator, they seem like they're about to hop on each other.

Kylo Men
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Men Sun 17 Dec 2017, 3:11 am

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
No surprise. Dude's like 32-33 and is going to be in an entirely different plotline leading the Resistance in Leia's place.
@FrolickingFizzgig

Or if we're lucky, the Resistance will commit mass revolutionary suicide to start the movie. Starting with Finn and Rose.

Kylo Men
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine Sun 17 Dec 2017, 3:12 am

Was listening to the radio and Celine Dion's It's All Coming Back to me Now came up.

The lyrics are so TLJ Reylo! hahaha Somebody update that Spotify List!

There were those empty threats and hollow lies
And whenever you tried to hurt me
I just hurt you even worse and so much deeper

There were hours that just went on for days
When alone at last we'd count up all the chances
That were lost to us forever

But you were history with the slamming of the door
And I made myself so strong again somehow
And I never wasted any of my time on you since then

But if I touch you like this
And if you kiss me like that
It was so long ago
But it's all coming back to me
If you touch me like this
And if I kiss you like that
It was gone with the wind

It's all coming back, it's all coming back to me now

There were moments of gold
And there were flashes of light
There were things we'd never do again
But then they'd always seemed right
There were nights of endless pleasure
It was more than all your laws allow

Baby, baby, baby

When you touch me like this
And when you hold me like that
It was gone with the wind
When you see me like this
And when I see you like that
Then we see what we want to see
All coming back to me
The flesh and the fantasies
All coming back to me
I can barely recall
But it's all coming back to me now

If you forgive me all this
If I forgive you all that
We forgive and forget
And it's all coming back to me
When you see me like this
And when I see you like that
We see just what we want to see
All coming back to me
The flesh and the fantasies
All coming back to me
I can barely recall but it's all coming back to me now
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Rei of Sunshine Sun 17 Dec 2017, 3:16 am

Oh, and Daisy was asked in an interview if she would assign a song for Kylo Ren, what would it be, and she answered Unbreak My Heart

"Un-break My Heart"

Don't leave me in all this pain
Don't leave me out in the rain
Come back and bring back my smile
Come and take these tears away
I need your arms to hold me now
The nights are so unkind
Bring back those nights when I held you beside me

Un-break my heart
Say you'll love me again
Undo this hurt you caused
When you walked out the door
And walked out of my life
Un-cry these tears
I cried so many nights
Un-break my heart
My heart

Take back that sad word good-bye
Bring back the joy to my life
Don't leave me here with these tears
Come and kiss this pain away
I can't forget the day you left
Time is so unkind
And life is so cruel without you here beside me

-good God where is the lie?!
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by thescavenger Sun 17 Dec 2017, 3:19 am

Rei of Sunshine wrote:Oh, and Daisy was asked in an interview if she would assign a song for Kylo Ren, what would it be, and she answered Unbreak My Heart

"Un-break My Heart"

Don't leave me in all this pain
Don't leave me out in the rain
Come back and bring back my smile
Come and take these tears away
I need your arms to hold me now
The nights are so unkind
Bring back those nights when I held you beside me

Un-break my heart
Say you'll love me again
Undo this hurt you caused
When you walked out the door
And walked out of my life
Un-cry these tears
I cried so many nights
Un-break my heart
My heart

Take back that sad word good-bye
Bring back the joy to my life
Don't leave me here with these tears
Come and kiss this pain away
I can't forget the day you left
Time is so unkind
And life is so cruel without you here beside me

-good God where is the lie?!
@Rei of Sunshine

Daisy really got into Kylo's mind.
thescavenger
thescavenger
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Sun 17 Dec 2017, 3:31 am

I wish they'd update the official Spotify playlists for the characters, but it doesn't look likely.

Would it be too much to ask for an official Rey and Kylo Ren/Ben Solo playlist? Just imagine all the angsty songs...especially for Kylo.
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine Sun 17 Dec 2017, 3:52 am

Kessel wrote:I wish they'd update the official Spotify playlists for the characters, but it doesn't look likely.

Would it be too much to ask for an official Rey and Kylo Ren/Ben Solo playlist? Just imagine all the angsty songs...especially for Kylo.
@Kessel

A playlist peppered with MCR, FOB, and the occassional Celine Dion, and Toni Braxton would be awesome haha
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Sun 17 Dec 2017, 4:00 am

Rei of Sunshine wrote:
Kessel wrote:I wish they'd update the official Spotify playlists for the characters, but it doesn't look likely.

@Kessel

A playlist peppered with MCR, FOB, and the occassional Celine Dion, and Toni Braxton would be awesome haha
@Rei of Sunshine

Yes, you just know that's the kind of music that would probably be on Kylo's "secret" playlist that he listens to while he's alone at night, in his new extravagant Supreme Leader chambers, thinking about Rey...

At least now he gets better accommodations than that sad little single bed, not that it's much consolation.
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine Sun 17 Dec 2017, 4:11 am

Kessel wrote:
Rei of Sunshine wrote:

@Kessel

@Rei of Sunshine

Yes, you just know that's the kind of music that would probably be on Kylo's "secret" playlist that he listens to while he's alone at night, in his new extravagant Supreme Leader chambers, thinking about Rey...

At least now he gets better accommodations than that sad little single bed, not that it's much consolation.
@Kessel

I kinda wonder if Ben will enjoy a lavish reign at all. He always struck me as someone with an ascetic lifestyle, despite his pride and arrogance. He's also quite masochistic and that's something he can't get rid of right away.

Hux seems like the type of person who will squander resources for a rich lifestyle and a king bed and golden robes. He always seemed like he wanted to take over Snoke.

Meanwhile Kylo is the type who just wants the job done with minimal fuss. So I won't be surprised if Supreme Leader Kylo Ren's bedroom may indeed be big, but lacks all the trappings and grandeur.
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism Sun 17 Dec 2017, 4:18 am

snufkin wrote:@Casper Ha! Yes it looks like they're a couple with their new space dog. The hilarious thing is that plot points in TLJ are the central running jokes in the Matt the Radar Technician sketch

- Kylo Ren's career goal is to rule the galaxy
- People in the First Order think he's a hot mess who only got his job because of family connections
- Totally shredded with an 8-pack. Turns out that friend who saw him in the shower was Snoke (creepy) who made sure Rey saw it too
- Kylo Ren is divorced (from a nice Jedi lady) but "it's totally her loss!!!"
@snufkin

Haha...I'll have to rewatch that clip. Fun times.
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Jozie Sun 17 Dec 2017, 4:19 am

@Rei of Sunshine @Kessel
I think Nightcall by Kavinsky is perfect for Kylo and Rey in their Skype sessions Smile Give it a listen with that in mind... i love it

I'm giving you a night call to tell you how I feel
I want to drive you through the night, down the hills
I'm gonna tell you something you don't want to hear
I'm gonna show you where it's dark, but have no fear

[Chorus]
There's something inside you
It's hard to explain
They're talking about you, boy
But you're still the same

Last edited by Jozie on Sun 17 Dec 2017, 4:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Jozie
Jozie
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Sun 17 Dec 2017, 4:19 am

Rei of Sunshine wrote:
Kessel wrote:
Rei of Sunshine wrote:

@Kessel

@Rei of Sunshine

@Kessel

I kinda wonder if Ben will enjoy a lavish reign at all. He always struck me as someone with an ascetic lifestyle, despite his pride and arrogance. He's also quite masochistic and that's something he can't get rid of right away.

Hux seems like the type of person who will squander resources for a rich lifestyle and a king bed and golden robes. He always seemed like he wanted to take over Snoke.

Meanwhile Kylo is the type who just wants the job done with minimal fuss. So I won't be surprised if Supreme Leader Kylo Ren's bedroom may indeed be big, but lacks all the trappings and grandeur.
@Rei of Sunshine

Kylo might rule and hover over FO like a shadow rarely seen and do tings his rightful way he sees fit. Ignoring meetings with generals he probably hates and hate him because of the influence of Hux, corrupted part of FO. Kylo might even promote people he thinks he can trust, surround himself with Knights of Ren - I really want to see them as his personal guard. Mentioned, they tied us to the temple.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by shii405 Sun 17 Dec 2017, 4:20 am

This Is the Sneaky Best Part of ‘The Last Jedi’
The newest ‘Star Wars’ film brings the mysticism of the Force back to the franchise

Romantic Reylo AKA the Who's Your Daddy Thread - Page 22 Reykyl10

source: https://www.theringer.com/2017/12/15/16781078/star-wars-the-last-jedi-force

Sorry, I just love this.... space LDR lol!
shii405
shii405
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by thescavenger Sun 17 Dec 2017, 4:25 am

All this talk of music, have we discussed Forceline Bling? The lyrics are surprisingly on point for the end of TLJ.
thescavenger
thescavenger
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar Sun 17 Dec 2017, 4:30 am

All of this reminds me of my first crush who I was chatting late at night on skype, hoping my love will turn him away from intense Team Fortress 2 playing. I was wrong, lol. The game won. Very Happy
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Sun 17 Dec 2017, 5:18 am

Piper Maru wrote:No offense to Rian, but that's why you don't do EVERYTHING in a movie. You have script assistants and beta readers, editors, etc. Because you need fresh eyes to see your work. When you're the one creating, analyzing it and beta-prooffing it, you're going to fail because your mind is so used to the narrative and fills the blanks/plot holes automatically.

"I don’t think he’s lying in that moment — I think he is like telling what he saw and I think that Rey seems like she believes it in that moment. So for me, I wrote it as an honest revelation and as an honest kind of reaction to it, as opposed to a move in a game of chess,"

So you should have made the moment look less nasty and more honest/intimate. It's that simple. You tried to create ambiguity where we, as the audience, needed sincerity.

"The real purpose of it is seeing that final scene, that was more kind of the emotional payoff for me, the notion that finally the galaxy is ready. The seeds of resistance are going beyond a little group of soldiers, and to the rest of the galaxy now thanks to Luke Skywalker."

Wait, what? Luke gives hope to the galaxy? Why? Dude tried to kill his nephew, ran away, wanted the Jedi to end and then came back just to be a bad***? P l e a s e, cut the bulls**t.

"When I wrote it, I wasn’t even explicitly thinking of that, although maybe subconsciously it felt right because Oscar— Poe has a lot of Han in him."

Such vision and sensibility moves me. If you're writing a Star Wars movie, you need to be aware of the implications and connections.
@Piper Maru

Really tiresome they try to shoehorn Poe into a surrogate son of Leia and has a lot of Han in him. Ben Solo has Han's heart in him and it was clearly explained, not his half done thing with Poe that anyone can explain differently. Like they try to make the perfect son of Han and Leia when they're missing the point, Han and Leia are partially responsible for they fact they broke Ben Solo ... the real son they have. Rian sadly totally glossed over that fact and let Luke take the full blame. He has a lot to do with it but let's not forget Han and Leia too.

Trying to make Poe theirs is just cheap or it looks that's what they wnat to do because otherwise Poe [I love Oscar] is not really an interesting character.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine Sun 17 Dec 2017, 6:04 am

thescavenger wrote:
Kessel wrote:
Rei of Sunshine wrote:
Kessel wrote:
Rei of Sunshine wrote:

@Kessel

@Rei of Sunshine

@Kessel

@Rei of Sunshine

I agree he doesn't seem to care much about opulence,  but he'll have better accommodations to keep up appearances.

I know it's too soon to speculate, but I wonder if his costume will change much in Episode IX now that he's the Supreme Leader. The only thing I can think of is he'll probably keep the cape.
@Kessel

I'm beginning to think that, if there is quite a bit of a time jump, maybe Kylo won't be able to handle the position of Supreme Leader after all. I just don't see him in that sense, except just by name. Perhaps Kylo will come to realise that having ultimate power didn't give him a sense of fulfilment. Hux is the one who would be a better fit in charge and be good at it. The only reason why Kylo pursued it when he and Rey defeated the PG was because Rey gave him a reason to hope for a better future. Without her, there was no point in creating something new.
@thescavenger

Me too, but I think it would be a lost opportunity if they did not give Kylo a chance to show what he's got.

I think the best case scenario for Renperor is he and Hux have somewhat divided the FO. Hux maintains that FO should be military and wants to keep colonizing the galaxy, while Kylo takes advantage of FO's manpower and resources to do whatever he wants (please let it be reforms and rehabilitation).

While Kylo is Supreme Leader in name, it is Hux who keeps up the Facist rule.
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by thescavenger Sun 17 Dec 2017, 6:14 am

Rei of Sunshine wrote:
thescavenger wrote:
Kessel wrote:
Rei of Sunshine wrote:
Kessel wrote:
Rei of Sunshine wrote:

@Kessel

@Rei of Sunshine

@Kessel

@Rei of Sunshine

I agree he doesn't seem to care much about opulence,  but he'll have better accommodations to keep up appearances.

I know it's too soon to speculate, but I wonder if his costume will change much in Episode IX now that he's the Supreme Leader. The only thing I can think of is he'll probably keep the cape.
@Kessel

I'm beginning to think that, if there is quite a bit of a time jump, maybe Kylo won't be able to handle the position of Supreme Leader after all. I just don't see him in that sense, except just by name. Perhaps Kylo will come to realise that having ultimate power didn't give him a sense of fulfilment. Hux is the one who would be a better fit in charge and be good at it. The only reason why Kylo pursued it when he and Rey defeated the PG was because Rey gave him a reason to hope for a better future. Without her, there was no point in creating something new.
@thescavenger

Me too, but I think it would be a lost opportunity if they did not give Kylo a chance to show what he's got.

I think the best case scenario for Renperor is he and Hux have somewhat divided the FO. Hux maintains that FO should be military and wants to keep colonizing the galaxy, while Kylo takes advantage of FO's manpower and resources to do whatever he wants (please let it be reforms and rehabilitation).

While Kylo is Supreme Leader in name, it is Hux who keeps up the Facist rule.
@Rei of Sunshine

You may be right, actually. I think my problem is that I have not quite yet grasped his motivation in becoming Renperor and/or his capability as a leader. I don't think he even knows what he truly wants (except Rey). It's so sad to think that Snoke has very much left him handicapped in regards to that. It says a lot about how early Snoke got into his head, even before the boy fully developed his own hopes and dreams.
thescavenger
thescavenger
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by AceofWands Sun 17 Dec 2017, 6:15 am

RosiePancake wrote:
Moonjump05 wrote:Well tvtropes knows what is up at least.  They call out the shirtless scene, force bond, and Kylo's poor response to rejection.  This is in addition to Reylo "ship tease".  Too bad they also go the ship sinking route, but I think they are jumping the gun there.
@Moonjump05

Han/Leia was a sunken ship in ESB too. Han was turned into a frozen fish, while Luke/Leia happily chilled out around the ship's corner like this. Romantic Reylo AKA the Who's Your Daddy Thread - Page 22 C4oCDfG IYF
@RosiePancake

ESB originally was even worse. Poor Han!

But the main relationship of the OT was Luke and Vader.

Vader chopped off Luke's arm and left him hanging. I'd say it was a lot worse.

As to Poe, I don't think there are any signs that he's a flirter or womaniser. If anything, he's really commited to his cause. All this Poe-Rey talk is desperation from people who don't want to see Reylo. They'll find any excuse.
AceofWands
AceofWands
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Sun 17 Dec 2017, 6:18 am

I just can't imagine how years of Renperor is going to be good for Kylo's redemption. Not saying they can't pull it off or won't, but...yeah. I somehow doubt they're going to present him as a benevolent ruler, let's put it that way. This is why I fear a big time gap.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AceofWands Sun 17 Dec 2017, 6:20 am

ZioRen wrote:I just can't imagine how years of Renperor is going to be good for Kylo's redemption. Not saying they can't pull it off or won't, but...yeah. I somehow doubt they're going to present him as a benevolent ruler, let's put it that way. This is why I fear a big time gap.
@ZioRen

We have no evidence that he's going to be any sort of ruler, or that he won't collapse emotionally before anything happens. Plus there's his rivalry with Hux that will come into play.

AceofWands
AceofWands
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Sun 17 Dec 2017, 6:21 am

AceofWands wrote:
RosiePancake wrote:
Moonjump05 wrote:Well tvtropes knows what is up at least.  They call out the shirtless scene, force bond, and Kylo's poor response to rejection.  This is in addition to Reylo "ship tease".  Too bad they also go the ship sinking route, but I think they are jumping the gun there.
@Moonjump05

Han/Leia was a sunken ship in ESB too. Han was turned into a frozen fish, while Luke/Leia happily chilled out around the ship's corner like this. Romantic Reylo AKA the Who's Your Daddy Thread - Page 22 C4oCDfG IYF
@RosiePancake

ESB originally was even worse. Poor Han!

But the main relationship of the OT was Luke and Vader.

Vader chopped off Luke's arm and left him hanging. I'd say it was a lot worse.

As to Poe, I don't think there are any signs that he's a flirter or womaniser. If anything, he's really commited to his cause. All this Poe-Rey talk is desperation from people who don't want to see Reylo. They'll find any excuse.
@AceofWands

That Vader part always makes chuckle in those deleted scenes. The Chosen One, the most powerful force user but when it comes to Wampa - NOPE, I ain't getting there.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Sun 17 Dec 2017, 7:41 am

Me every single time I see the word "Renperor":

Romantic Reylo AKA the Who's Your Daddy Thread - Page 22 Giphy

This is going to be an interesting two years.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next