Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Romantic Reylo AKA the Who's Your Daddy Thread

+88
adamdrivershair
Kylo Rey
AnneNeville
Chained Prometheus
Trach
Xylo Ren
Geralt_Riv
MindAndMagic
motherofpearl1
Mana
Saracene
Aphelionna
californiagirl
Lily Snape
Jozie
rey09
Rimfaxe96
Gemlake
thescavenger
PalmettoBlue
AhsokaTano
Casper
KnightsofReylo_2015
Moonlight13
Armadeus
Meomeo
Reylo Lemon
Tex
Moonjump05
AcrosstheStars
Darth Dementor
Starliteprism
Marie Ren
EchoBase
BenRey
Little_Boots
shii405
RKR Connection
Atenais
Teo oswald
MrsWindu
nite0wl29
SkyStar
AceofWands
cherrylipstick
bashfulblueeyes3
Chris24601
ReyofLightSide
Helix
ThereThere
special_cases
Blackcanary
rawpowah
Ynqve
Piper Maru
Birdwoman
Lovely_Rose
nonesuch
reylodownlo
Kessel
Kylo Men
Irina de France
LadyHa
vaderito
reylo1992
RosiePancake
ZioRen
SoloSideCousin
panki
CienaRee
lauvamp
MyOnlyHope
Night Huntress
unicorn
Cowgirlsamurai
ISeeAnIsland
FrolickingFizzgig
Darth_Awakened
Darth Dingbat
IoJovi
Rei of Sunshine
SheLitAFire
Darth Rowan
snufkin
DarthRen
tukicarreno
Krafty
MeadowofAshes
92 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Romantic Reylo AKA the Who's Your Daddy Thread - Page 21 Empty Re: Romantic Reylo AKA the Who's Your Daddy Thread

Post by Casper Sat 16 Dec 2017, 9:23 pm

'at's the spirit.

Casper
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Romantic Reylo AKA the Who's Your Daddy Thread - Page 21 Empty Re: Romantic Reylo AKA the Who's Your Daddy Thread

Post by ReyofLightSide Sat 16 Dec 2017, 9:28 pm

Watching the final Reylo scene- Rey is going to say something and then she changes her mind. She stares and then closes the door. Crying or Very sad
ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Sat 16 Dec 2017, 9:28 pm

Casper wrote:'at's the spirit.
@Casper

Rian also debunked Damerrey in a news article today - I think it was The Bustle?  Anyways, not that I think they’d follow through with Poe as a love interest, but Rey and Kylo have enough between them to work out without a silly love triangle on top of it.  Plus as someone else said, it’d cheapen her friendship with Finn and her not-yet romance/bond with Ben by dangling her a third man in front of her.  @FrolickingFizzgig said, heroines don’t date around in SW.  Ben Solo is it for her.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Sat 16 Dec 2017, 9:32 pm

IoJovi wrote:
@Casper

Rian also debunked Damerrey in a news article today - I think it was The Bustle?  Anyways, not that I think they’d follow through with Poe as a love interest, but Rey and Kylo have enough between them to work out without a silly love triangle on top of it.  Plus as someone else said, it’d cheapen her friendship with Finn and her not-yet romance/bond with Ben by dangling her a third man in front of her.  @FrolickingFizzgig said, heroines don’t date around in SW.  Ben Solo is it for her.
@IoJovi
Yeah, he said the "I know" wasn't supposed to be an allusion to Han and Leia. Duh.

No surprise. Dude's like 32-33 and is going to be in an entirely different plotline leading the Resistance in Leia's place.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Sat 16 Dec 2017, 9:45 pm

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
IoJovi wrote:
@Casper

@IoJovi
What did Rian say? I missed this.

No surprise about Damerey lmfao. Dude's like 32-33 and is going to be in an entirely different plotline leading the Resistance in Leia's place.
@FrolickingFizzgig

https://www.bustle.com/p/did-kylo-ren-tell-the-truth-about-reys-parents-the-last-jedi-question-more-answered-by-director-rian-johnson-7616482

Here you go.  It’s more about the wording of “I know”, but it goes on to talk about fans’ perceived sexual tension between the two of them, and then the writer wonders if JJ will take it further.  Ugh if they do....  That would p*ss me off on so many levels even if Reylo is indeed endgame.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Casper Sat 16 Dec 2017, 9:52 pm

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
IoJovi wrote:
@Casper

@IoJovi
Yeah, he said the "I know" wasn't supposed to be an allusion to Han and Leia. Duh.

No surprise. Dude's like 32-33 and is going to be in an entirely different plotline leading the Resistance in Leia's place.
@FrolickingFizzgig

Yeah, he’s going to be a little busy with that.  Apart from a few conversations and a lingering look or two from Poe, I don’t think there’ll be much time in IV to develop tension between Rey and him, and as IoJovi said, she’s got plenty of tension with Kylo to deal with.  Poe is the natural successor to both Leia and Holdo, but Rey is the natural successor to Luke.  They’ve both got a lot to do

Casper
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Sat 16 Dec 2017, 9:57 pm

Casper wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
IoJovi wrote:
@Casper

@IoJovi

@FrolickingFizzgig

Yeah, he’s going to be a little busy with that.  Apart from a few conversations and a lingering look or two from Poe, I don’t think there’ll be much time in IV to develop tension between Rey and him, and as IoJovi said, she’s got plenty of tension with Kylo to deal with.  Poe is the natural successor to both Leia and Holdo, but Rey is the natural successor to Luke.  They’ve both got a lot to do
@Casper The thing is it seems Rey will be spending a lot of time with Poe and co. Rey is basically working with the resistance. And Poe is pretty awed by her too and being a jock, I wouldn't be surprised if he went after her.

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Sat 16 Dec 2017, 10:02 pm

rey09 wrote:
Casper wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
IoJovi wrote:
@Casper

@IoJovi

@FrolickingFizzgig

@Casper The thing is it seems Rey will be spending a lot of time with Poe and co. Rey is basically working with the resistance. And Poe is pretty awed by her too and being a jock, I wouldn't be surprised if he went after her.
@rey09

Rey will be spending more time with the Resistance in IX, at least in the beginning. It’s hard to even guess where things will go from there, given how open ended TLJ was. Still, they’re clearly following the Reproductive Imperitive, or else they wouldn’t have set up the overt romantic tension between Rey and Ben to begin with. IF Poe does indeed make an advance, it’ll cause her to think of Ben - end of story. I don’t think it would be considered a love triangle (lord I hope not), but it might spurn Rey into action once she realizes what she wants.

IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Sat 16 Dec 2017, 10:05 pm

So the elevator scene. One of the biggest themes in this film is the seductive power of the opposing sides of the Force. Rian summed it up well for EW -- "There has always been a sense of attraction between the dark and light."

I loved how Rey and Kylo both tried to use their affiliations to their advantage, with Rey changing her clothes and hair to meet Kylo and proceeding to call him "Ben" and attempt to appeal to the conflict and compassion within him. Similarly Kylo tried to appeal to the darkness in her by confronting her about her parents. Both were convinced they were right as a result of their visions, but their hubris and confidence failed them in the end.

I found it really fascinating that Rian didn't shy away from showing the seductive power of both sides of the Force through these two characters.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Sat 16 Dec 2017, 10:06 pm

IoJovi wrote:
rey09 wrote:
Casper wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
IoJovi wrote:
@Casper

@IoJovi

@FrolickingFizzgig

@rey09

Rey will be spending more time with the Resistance in IX, at least in the beginning.  It’s hard to even guess where things will go from there, given how open ended TLJ was.  Still, they’re clearly following the Reproductive Imperitive, or else they wouldn’t have set up the overt romantic tension between Rey and Ben to begin with.  IF Poe does indeed make an advance, it’ll cause her to think of Ben - end of story.  I don’t think it would be considered a love triangle (lord I hope not), but it might spurn Rey into action once she realizes what she wants.

@IoJovi o yea def. I was saying in another thread, if she ever flirted with the idea of poe, the truth would reveal itself- there's only one guy for her and that's ben. Poe may seem more desirable (to her) to kylo, but no one is better than ben. Also on the flip side for poe or really ANY guy- if they ever learned about her force bond with kylo, they would never be able to handle it. What she has with kylo is so damn intimate. She's forever bonded with her nutty ex-bf, no one's gonna stick around for that LOL.

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Dec 2017, 10:13 pm

JJ didn’t even bother having Rey and Poe meet in TFA. I’m not ruling anything out at this stage, not after TLJ, but I don’t see how an introduction lasting a few seconds is leading people to start believing Damerey has any realistic shot at becoming *the* big romance, or even a viable love triangle. It was OK to tease that with Han, Leia and Luke (before we knew they were related!) because they didn’t have a multitude of other obstacles in their way. If Rey, Kylo/Ben and Poe had been set up as a love triangle (or quadrangle with Kylo and Ben in the mix) from the get go, like The Hunger Games with Katniss, Gale and Peeta, that would be something. To try and shoehorn it into The Last part of a trilogy when there’s already enough angst and Rey and Kylo/Ben are a kind of love triangle as it is, just seems like overkill to me.

Back to top Go down

Post by reylodownlo Sat 16 Dec 2017, 10:53 pm

If another guy even tries to come after Rey, kylo will just b*tch slap him like he did Finn in the forest.
Romantic Reylo AKA the Who's Your Daddy Thread - Page 21 Tumblr_o4ij61D1O81v2q0c9o10_400
reylodownlo
reylodownlo
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Sat 16 Dec 2017, 11:21 pm

Thank goodness you guys are here. There are way more people on board with Reylo now, and there isn't the deluge of think pieces about Rey and Kylo being some bad antifeminist thing like I feared (probably because they ended apart). But still, there's so many people who gloss over the whole Rey/Ben relationship entirely, or think the pairing is delusional, abusive, and so on and so on. This is honestly one of the more rational corners of the Star Wars fandom, which is kind of on fire right now (and I kind of love it). The idea of the Poe-Rey pairing as the end of the saga is sort of laughable from a narrative standpoint, even though I actually LIKE Poe. I'm newer to the fandom, just came around this summer, so the idea of years of arguing and waiting and different parts of the internet putting each other down and spouting nonsensical theories is kind of daunting. This fandom will be the death of me and I'm kind of down for it. Cool
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by thescavenger Sat 16 Dec 2017, 11:34 pm

I wasn't stressed about Poe/Rey, until I keep seeing Poe/Rey talk.

Anyways, my brief opinion is that, since Leia seems to be handing over leadership of the Rebellion to Poe ("ie. why look at me, follow him!") and with Poe's arc being centred around how to become a responsible leader, it makes sense for the introduction to be made onscreen. Especially if there is to be a time jump in IX, and the professional relationship between Poe/Rey is to be developed, it's necessary to establish the initial introduction as a jumping platform for JJ.
thescavenger
thescavenger
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sat 16 Dec 2017, 11:46 pm

reylodownlo wrote:If another guy even tries to come after Rey, kylo will just b*tch slap him like he did Finn in the forest.
Romantic Reylo AKA the Who's Your Daddy Thread - Page 21 Tumblr_o4ij61D1O81v2q0c9o10_400
@reylodownlo

Yep, JJ's the one who had Kylo chase after Rey with Finn like she was leaving the party with another guy and he decked Finn like it was a bar brawl. And his reaction when he senses her through Force hugging Finn when they're reunited? He gets even more unhinged. Part of his Dark Side when it comes to Rey are his jealousy and insecurity. If the "best pilot in the galaxy" (Kylo was petty enough to blow up his ship) even gets near Rey, Darth Boyfriend's not gonna handle it very well.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonjump05 Sat 16 Dec 2017, 11:55 pm

californiagirl wrote:Thank goodness you guys are here. There are way more people on board with Reylo now, and there isn't the deluge of think pieces about Rey and Kylo being some bad antifeminist thing like I feared (probably because they ended apart). But still, there's so many people who gloss over the whole Rey/Ben relationship entirely, or think the pairing is delusional, abusive, and so on and so on. This is honestly one of the more rational corners of the Star Wars fandom, which is kind of on fire right now (and I kind of love it). The idea of the Poe-Rey pairing as the end of the saga is sort of laughable from a narrative standpoint, even though I actually LIKE Poe. I'm newer to the fandom, just came around this summer, so the idea of years of arguing and waiting and different parts of the internet putting each other down and spouting nonsensical theories is kind of daunting. This fandom will be the death of me and I'm kind of down for it. Cool
@californiagirl

Yeah, all the reviews that totally gloss over the Kylo Rey force bond astounds me. Like how can you talk about "the amazing scenes between Rey and Luke" and just... Nothing about Rey and Kylo???

I've been watching someone's reviews of TCW, and he had a whole speech complaining on why Kylo was shirtless. Like, my dude it isn't for you to enjoy.

At least everyone loves the PG fight.
Moonjump05
Moonjump05
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by reylodownlo Sat 16 Dec 2017, 11:59 pm

Moonjump05 wrote:
californiagirl wrote:Thank goodness you guys are here. There are way more people on board with Reylo now, and there isn't the deluge of think pieces about Rey and Kylo being some bad antifeminist thing like I feared (probably because they ended apart). But still, there's so many people who gloss over the whole Rey/Ben relationship entirely, or think the pairing is delusional, abusive, and so on and so on. This is honestly one of the more rational corners of the Star Wars fandom, which is kind of on fire right now (and I kind of love it). The idea of the Poe-Rey pairing as the end of the saga is sort of laughable from a narrative standpoint, even though I actually LIKE Poe. I'm newer to the fandom, just came around this summer, so the idea of years of arguing and waiting and different parts of the internet putting each other down and spouting nonsensical theories is kind of daunting. This fandom will be the death of me and I'm kind of down for it. Cool
@californiagirl

Yeah, all the reviews that totally gloss over the Kylo Rey force bond astounds me. Like how can you talk about "the amazing scenes between Rey and Luke" and just... Nothing about Rey and Kylo???

I've been watching someone's reviews of TCW, and he had a whole speech complaining on why Kylo was shirtless. Like, my dude it isn't for you to enjoy.

@Moonjump05

It's like everyone has the emotional range of a teaspoon and can't see what's in front of them, OR they don't want to mention it for fear of upsetting the already fragile fanboys
reylodownlo
reylodownlo
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by reylodownlo Sun 17 Dec 2017, 12:01 am

If anything Poe seems like an opportunist who might try to use Rey to flaunt a new "legend/hero" that they have on the Resistance's side....

Isn't he in charge in 9 if/when General Leia dies
reylodownlo
reylodownlo
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Sun 17 Dec 2017, 12:26 am

I don't see any story or character benefit to introducing something romantic between Rey and Poe other than further crushing Kylo down into the dirt until he jumps into action. And in this case, that would be creating a tonally strange love triangle dynamic that is unnecessary and ridiculous when there's already so much to be resolved in IX. It doesn't add anything that needs to be there. I think Rey and Kylo have plenty of tension in their relationship to unpack already, no need to add more! Likewise, I think Poe has plenty on his plate right now that he doesn't need this addition to his troubles.

Basically, I think Damerrey is a full no-go.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Sun 17 Dec 2017, 1:24 am

reylodownlo wrote:
Moonjump05 wrote:
@californiagirl

Yeah, all the reviews that totally gloss over the Kylo Rey force bond astounds me.  Like how can you talk about "the amazing scenes between Rey and Luke" and just... Nothing about Rey and Kylo???  

I've been watching someone's reviews of TCW, and he had a whole speech complaining on why Kylo was shirtless.  Like, my dude it isn't for you to enjoy.

@Moonjump05

It's like everyone has the emotional range of a teaspoon and can't see what's in front of them, OR they don't want to mention it for fear of upsetting the already fragile fanboys
@reylodownlo

Hermione reference by any chance? Smile

ZioRen wrote:I don't see any story or character benefit to introducing something romantic between Rey and Poe other than further crushing Kylo down into the dirt until he jumps into action. And in this case, that would be creating a tonally strange love triangle dynamic that is unnecessary and ridiculous when there's already so much to be resolved in IX. It doesn't add anything that needs to be there. I think Rey and Kylo have plenty of tension in their relationship to unpack already, no need to add more! Likewise, I think Poe has plenty on his plate right now that he doesn't need this addition to his troubles.

Basically, I think Damerrey is a full no-go.
@ZioRen

Agreed, Also, it cheapens them. Episode IX is already quite packed with things JJ needs to explain and came the conclusion. Adding this weird love triangle is not a good idea, when in a way we already have one Rey, Kylo and Ben. Poe will have plenty of things to do, like forming the new Rebellon, Kylo is Supreme Leader and Rey training to be a Jedi and maybe train some FS users to help her. Basically, time jump in the story is very likely and I'd say few years at minimum. I think the best would be let them concentrate on their task and then somehow bring them back together and resolve this conflict once they're ready.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine Sun 17 Dec 2017, 1:32 am

@vaderito

Based on your timeline prediction for Ep IX, seems like the whole movie will be a Reylofest!
Here's my preditions based on that list.

Lovers feign indifference
-Early in the movie the bond randomly opens up, catching Rey and Ben off guard. Both pathetically pretend to ignore it and it closes.

Lovers are told to forget each other
-Rey might confide in Finn, who advises her stay away from Kylo because he's Renperor and it's dangerous.

Lovers can't forget each other
-Maybe when Leia dies, both unconsciously seek comfort from each other via bond

Lover meet again
-They meet on the battlefield (?)

Lovers can't deny feelings
-they both throw down their arms and make out (major headcanon) *Insert Poe and Finn's lines similar to TLJ*
Poe: *sees Kylo approaching Rey in distance* That's Kylo Ren!
Finn: What! We have to help her!
Poe: No wait...*Ben and Rey make out*
Poe & Finn: whaaaat!

Lovers amend for mistakes
-stuff happens.

Lovers decide they are ready to leave everything for each other
-stuff happens also

Lovers stand united against the world
-Resistance (Rebellion?) and Hux's side of the FO are in battle and Reylo tries to stop it.

The world accepts lovers
-it is what it says on the tin

The End
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Sun 17 Dec 2017, 1:37 am

KrazyForKylo wrote:JJ didn’t even bother having Rey and Poe meet in TFA. I’m not ruling anything out at this stage, not after TLJ, but I don’t see how an introduction lasting a few seconds is leading people to start believing Damerey has any realistic shot at becoming *the* big romance, or even a viable love triangle. It was OK to tease that with Han, Leia and Luke (before we knew they were related!) because they didn’t have a multitude of other obstacles in their way. If Rey, Kylo/Ben and Poe had been set up as a love triangle (or quadrangle with Kylo and Ben in the mix) from the get go, like The Hunger Games with Katniss, Gale and Peeta, that would be something. To try and shoehorn it into The Last part of a trilogy when there’s already enough angst and Rey and Kylo/Ben are a kind of love triangle as it is, just seems like overkill to me.
@KrazyForKylo

Not to mention most of the initial bonding period would happen off-screen and not a good for GA and any fans to do so. We had Tey and Finn, Kylo and Han bond on the screen for reason.

rey09 wrote:Anyone think JJ may fiddle around with a Poe Rey Kylo triangle? I know people hate triangles lol but I think it might be helpful for rey. I mean how would Poe react to the reylo bond? It would show ppl hey look, what rey and kylo have is too special, there is simply no room for any other significant other in their lives. After seeing their bond, there is just no way they can ever forget about each other.
@rey09

We know how special that bond is, addind Poe hurts all of them. We don't need Kylo more jealous, we saw it, Rey has to find her own way and realize what she wants. Oscar is too good for this, waste of his talent.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylodownlo Sun 17 Dec 2017, 2:07 am

@DarthRen

Hermione quote: obviously Wink
Romantic Reylo AKA the Who's Your Daddy Thread - Page 21 Snape10
reylodownlo
reylodownlo
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonjump05 Sun 17 Dec 2017, 2:42 am

Well tvtropes knows what is up at least. They call out the shirtless scene, force bond, and Kylo's poor response to rejection. This is in addition to Reylo "ship tease". Too bad they also go the ship sinking route, but I think they are jumping the gun there.
Moonjump05
Moonjump05
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next