Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Knights of Ren

+44
LadyGaufrette
Apriljandy
MrsWindu
Ramblingrose
lauvamp
SkyStar
ZioRen
Cowgirlsamurai
rey09
Night Huntress
Armadeus
Teo oswald
nickandnora
Let The Past Die
SheLitAFire
Darth Dementor
nite0wl29
DeeBee
BB-Rey
guardienne
jakkusun
spacebaby45678
vaderito
snufkin
Darth Dingbat
Rogue Rey
Darth_Awakened
Saracene
BenRey
Mana
SoloSideCousin
FrolickingFizzgig
creepi0
Kessel
Rimfaxe96
ISeeAnIsland
Reylo Lemon
Sforza
Kalianah
MeadowofAshes
SanghaRen
panki
Sylvia Snow
Airemyn
48 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Knights of Ren - Page 5 Empty Re: Knights of Ren

Post by Darth Dementor Wed 17 Jan 2018, 9:23 pm

There are a myriad of references to King Arthur and The Knights of the Round Table in TFA.

After watching this video it is so obviously blatant.
Darth Dementor
Darth Dementor

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire Wed 17 Jan 2018, 10:00 pm

@Let The Past Die

With regards to one of your questions yesterday, this thread has some discussion on Salad Bowl & KOR if you're still searching around for more information on him. But I believe Salad Bowl was discussed in a few threads back in 2016 & 2017, though, so you may still need to do some searching through the forum.
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Let The Past Die Thu 18 Jan 2018, 1:35 am

SheLitAFire wrote:@Let The Past Die

With regards to one of your questions yesterday, this thread has some discussion on Salad Bowl & KOR if you're still searching around for more information on him. But I believe Salad Bowl was discussed in a few threads back in 2016 & 2017, though, so you may still need to do some searching through the forum.
@SheLitAFire

Thank you! I actually found the thread after someone said there was one following my previous post.
There is some great information and theories here about the Knights of Ren. Salad Bowl was as I read elsewhere a clan leader.

But I thought there would be more theories on Kylo saving Rey by striking down Salad Bowl. There was a couple of posts acknowledging the action on the thread, but that's it.

I thought it a key moment in her force vision, maybe as someone mentioned earlier it foreshadowed Kylo killing Snoke thus saving her. I'd like to think it meant something different, but hey ho. We'll just have to see if JJ does anything with it in IX, it just seems a lot of effort was put in that short scene, and if it was about Rey seeing Kylo with the KOR, there was no need to put Kylo saving Rey, then him coming towards her as if to see if she was alright but on a none threatening way. It's just one of the many things I muse on while going about my day, getting sidetracked by events in the films... Lol
Let The Past Die
Let The Past Die
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora Fri 02 Feb 2018, 5:41 pm

I just had the strangest thought/prediction about Rey's vision of Kylo and the Knights of Ren. It's crackpot. But it's a take that I haven't actually read about, ever. Here it is:

What if, in the first part of the vision when Rey sees Kylo strike down one of his own knights, she's not actually seeing Kylo doing it; she seeing herself do it, because in IX, Rey will don Kylo's costume at some point.

The reason this possibility occurred to me, is because, taken at face value, it's hard to see the impact that the scene might have, given what happened in The Last Jedi. We can believe it's something that turned into "Kylo kills Snoke" instead, but that leaves the vision rather devoid of meaning. We can further believe that Kylo WILL kill one of the KoR to save Rey, but I think that's super redundant. He already betrayed someone close to him for her. I keep coming back to: it's Rey's turn to save him. So... maybe that's what the vision is in some kind of weird way?

Bear in mind, this all presupposes there being a really tight plan from Day 1 of these films, but in any case, I thought it was an interesting idea (albeit one that simply came from the recesses of my weird brain, lol).

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Sat 03 Feb 2018, 3:12 am

nickandnora wrote:I just had the strangest thought/prediction about Rey's vision of Kylo and the Knights of Ren. It's crackpot. But it's a take that I haven't actually read about, ever. Here it is:

What if, in the first part of the vision when Rey sees Kylo strike down one of his own knights, she's not actually seeing Kylo doing it; she seeing herself do it, because in IX, Rey will don Kylo's costume at some point.

The reason this possibility occurred to me, is because, taken at face value, it's hard to see the impact that the scene might have, given what happened in The Last Jedi. We can believe it's something that turned into "Kylo kills Snoke" instead, but that leaves the vision rather devoid of meaning. We can further believe that Kylo WILL kill one of the KoR to save Rey, but I think that's super redundant. He already betrayed someone close to him for her. I keep coming back to: it's Rey's turn to save him. So... maybe that's what the vision is in some kind of weird way?

Bear in mind, this all presupposes there being a really tight plan from Day 1 of these films, but in any case, I thought it was an interesting idea (albeit one that simply came from the recesses of my weird brain, lol).
@nickandnora

Regarding KOR I do not know what to think about still today I have many doubts about them and about the vision we saw in episode VII
For example, there are beliefs that the vision was of the past, but Ben Solo still had unmodeled lightsaber, and the clothes were from a padawan. The only thing that coincides is that Ben killed some padawan and took others with him, the future KOR, in the Force vision see bodies, Kylo kills a KOR and then see others beside him.
I hope that the vision is of the future, because it makes more sense, but mine are just speculations.
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Sat 03 Feb 2018, 4:23 am

I have a hard time imagining that JJ will not have the KOR in IX personally. I will not break down and make hate videos on YT if they are not, but Snoke and his “Kylo, Master of the Knights of Ren” in TFA and in TLJ is a bit much to just ignore it.

I actually think that the force vision is not meant to show us a specific moment that will have any impact on the story. I mean Rey’s part with the ship flying off is also not correct. I think it’s just meant to show Ben has his gang and you do not want to be on their target list. I think PH, ages ago, had confirmed that the scene in the force vision was basically showing the KOR being naughty. Sure, it’s not set in stone until it’s in the movie.

I really like the idea of seeing a crazy gang of dark siders with maybe one being an ascending Palps in his/her villainy. Yes, her. I’d give a lot to see one very nasty female KOR. Yesterday, I came across this old EW article: http://ew.com/gallery/star-wars-force-awakens-exclusive-photos

Knights of Ren - Page 5 0e3fab10

and gaped at this picture of the KOR for a few minutes. I had forgotten that there was an official sharp picture - ok, the rain makes it difficult to see the details - of the KOR. And guess what I was trying to figure out? If one is a woman. Either to the far left or far right. If they were in IX, they would look exactly like that and the same extras would play them, right? As if Very Happy But, come on, The Art of Star Wars The Last Jedi shows the design of a padawan girl - left of the pic below. It all fits with... my headcanon  Laughing

Knights of Ren - Page 5 A3e8e710

By the way, that Collider Q&A with Rian Johnson was interesting when the interviewer asked about the KOR, that we sort of know now that they are some of the former padawans of Luke’s and if they appear in IX. I have to listen to it again, but RJ was saying he has his theories and was avoiding to answer. Ok, it does not mean he knows anything, but that door is so wide open. Maybe too wide open and it’s a trap?

I want my KOR in IX Angry
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Armadeus Sat 03 Feb 2018, 5:08 am

I get the impression that the Knights of Ren are kinda like a biker gang in space. A very rough-and-tumble group of people, basically.

Knights of Ren - Page 5 Sons-Of-Anarchy-Cast-Spinoff-Mayans-Prequel

It would fit in with the idea of a younger Ben getting mixed up with 'gangs.'
Armadeus
Armadeus
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://www.fictionpress.com/u/564105/

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora Sat 03 Feb 2018, 9:29 am

I admit, the trajectory of the vision makes it more likely that it's a glimpse into the past (of sorts). If that's the case, then my best guess is that one of the main rights of initiation into The Knights of Ren (and also into dark side training) is killing one of your fellow knights. It makes sense that Sith training would basically amount to: "OK, kill your friend, and now your family, and now your soulmate/equal in the light."

That doesn't exclude what I suggested actually happening in the film, but it might not be what's portrayed there.

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by BB-Rey Wed 14 Feb 2018, 7:08 pm

Part of me still wants to believe the Knights of Ren are one of the same with the Acoytles of the Beyond from Aftermath. I originally thought Pre-TLJ that Snoke would do away with the First Order when he saw fit, now I think this is more possible and more calculated and planned out. What if Snoke purposely had Kylo "kill" him in order to allow for Kylo to become Supreme Leader to create a further divide between him and Hux? This really makes the First Order weaker and if the Knights of Ren were to invade before the galaxy as a whole could gain enough support than this could truly create an everlasting Dark Side power sweep for the galaxy. This would also play into my original thought of the Resistance and First Order joining forces against them with the different gangs from TFA but now more so with Kylo seeking out Rey's help or else all hope will be lost forever. There's honestly so much potential and in my opinion, this is much better than Empire 2.0 versus Rebel Alliance 2.0.
BB-Rey
BB-Rey
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Thu 15 Feb 2018, 1:43 am

I like to believe the Knights of Ren are " the hand full of students" Ben left Luke's academy with after the "incident" and that they're loyal to Ben/Kylo NOT to Snoke.

And even if they were kind of loyal to Snoke once- my take on the dark-siders are that they're opportunistic. Kylo killed Snoke so he is stronger/more powerful and now they're loyal to him. Survival of the fittest so to speak. Nope

I don't think they will play a very big role in IX - it would be strange after they were absent in the last two movies.
Maybe more like the PG of Snoke.

Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Thu 15 Feb 2018, 3:19 am

rumor that the Kor will not appear in episode IX ...
that what we saw in the vision of episode VII served only as a background, in a few words did not serve a purpose.
I hope not because it would be nice to see agents in the service of Kylo totally bad*** Smile we'll see
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Thu 15 Feb 2018, 6:36 am

Perhaps KOR are just Kylo's heavy metal band name. (I want this sooo bad haha)

Knights of Ren - Page 5 Screen14
Knights of Ren - Page 5 Screen15

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Thu 15 Feb 2018, 1:46 pm

Night Huntress wrote:I like to believe the Knights of Ren are " the hand full of students" Ben left Luke's academy with after the "incident" and that they're loyal to Ben/Kylo NOT to Snoke.

And even if they were kind of loyal to Snoke once- my take on the dark-siders are that they're opportunistic. Kylo killed Snoke so he is stronger/more powerful and now they're loyal to him. Survival of the fittest so to speak.  Nope

I don't think they will play a very big role in IX - it would be strange after they were absent in the last two movies.
Maybe more like the PG of Snoke.

@Night Huntress

I really wanted the KoR to show up in TLJ, but now that they haven't, I agree that it would be strange to have them suddenly show up in the current narrative in Episode IX, even considering the short time frame of TFA and TLJ. I think they are a thing of the past and will stay there... At first, I thought they could show up in more flashbacks, but what would be the point? Anything Kylo did with the knights probably wouldn't serve the redemption story line...

If they were to show up in the actual story, they would have to be like some have mentioned, someone for Kylo and Rey to fight, but do we really want to see them fight a group similar to the Praetorians again? And Kylo turning on his buddies from Luke's school is pretty depressing. Unless they all head toward redemption which would take emphasis off of Ben... I can't see them doing that.
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Thu 15 Feb 2018, 1:57 pm

I think the KoR would be more likely to turn on Kylo once the truth about Snoke's death is revealed. But that's because I think, if they're going to be part of IX, that it'll turn out they were always more loyal to Snoke. I can see Snoke messing with multiple of Luke's students alongside Kylo more than young Ben Solo himself slowly turning people around him until they followed him.

It's also because I can't see Kylo having truly loyal comrades out there in the galaxy. It wouldn't fit with the profound loneliness of his character and his feeling that nobody in the galaxy understands him like Rey does. So I can't imagine the Knights of Ren being Kylo's buddies and all defending him. Plus, would they pass up the opportunity to give Rey and Kylo some actual Force Sensitives to fight against?

Though, and I said this in another thread, if J.J. follows through on Rian's hint about the KoR's backstory, I can imagine at least one Knight hesitating to turn on Kylo. They have history, after all. But I agree that focusing too much on that could be strange in the middle of all the other tension that desperately needs resolving. Between acting the Supreme Leader for at least part of the movie and reconciling his own past, dark side, and relationship with Rey, wil Kylo's arc really have room for a depressing plot with the KoR that explores their history?
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Thu 15 Feb 2018, 2:23 pm

Teo oswald wrote:rumor that the Kor will not appear in episode IX ...
that what we saw in the vision of episode VII served only as a background, in a few words did not serve a purpose.
I hope not because it would be nice to see agents in the service of Kylo totally bad*** Smile we'll see
@Teo oswald

What's the source of this rumor?
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Thu 15 Feb 2018, 3:14 pm

ZioRen wrote:I think the KoR would be more likely to turn on Kylo once the truth about Snoke's death is revealed. But that's because I think, if they're going to be part of IX, that it'll turn out they were always more loyal to Snoke. I can see Snoke messing with multiple of Luke's students alongside Kylo more than young Ben Solo himself slowly turning people around him until they followed him.

It's also because I can't see Kylo having truly loyal comrades out there in the galaxy. It wouldn't fit with the profound loneliness of his character and his feeling that nobody in the galaxy understands him like Rey does. So I can't imagine the Knights of Ren being Kylo's buddies and all defending him. Plus, would they pass up the opportunity to give Rey and Kylo some actual Force Sensitives to fight against?

Though, and I said this in another thread, if J.J. follows through on Rian's hint about the KoR's backstory, I can imagine at least one Knight hesitating to turn on Kylo. They have history, after all. But I agree that focusing too much on that could be strange in the middle of all the other tension that desperately needs resolving. Between acting the Supreme Leader for at least part of the movie and reconciling his own past, dark side, and relationship with Rey, wil Kylo's arc really have room for a depressing plot with the KoR that explores their history?
@ZioRen

I agree. The bolded is something that makes me wonder just how the KOR would fit in Kylo’s story if they’re brought into Episode IX.

JJ may have thought they seemed like a cool idea, but it doesn’t look like he gave them and their relationship to Kylo much thought when he developed Kylo’s character because he portrayed Kylo as someone who is very much alone and isolated, who doesn’t have real companions or allies. In TLJ, Rian explored Kylo’s loneliness and isolation even further. After all, it’s one of the reasons why Kylo and Rey bonded. So yeah, it would seem very strange if Kylo suddenly had a band of loyal ride or die buddies, especially FS ones like him in Episode IX. As much as I thought it was interesting that TLJ revealed that Kylo took a handful of students with him when he left Luke, it kind of confused me because why would he seem like such a solitary character if he’s someone who managed to convert other FS peers to his cause? Unless it was Snoke who did it? Also, I thought the idea of KOR worked better if they were non-FS followers who saw Kylo as something special and unique because of his Force sensitivity or relation to Vader (like the way the Acolytes of the Beyond revered Vader). The KOR being FS makes Kylo seem less isolated and alone in a way...

I suppose if the KOR are going to be in Ep. IX, they’re either not going to be a large part of it or we’ll discover they’re not really loyal to Kylo, but to Snoke or something else. Perhaps they'll feel Kylo betrayed them either by killing Snoke or being unable to kill Rey.

I agree with you @ZioRen that it would be weird for Kylo’s story in IX to suddenly focus largely on his history with the KOR when they haven’t even been in the story for the first two chapters. Especially when Kylo’s main conflict has been reconciling his past, the pull to the light and dark, and now resolving his relationship with Rey. It’s a prediciemt because I feel like the KOR need some kind of explanation, but they also need to be handled in the right way. If they’re well utilized, they could add some very interesting dynamics to the story, but their involvement needs to be coherent to the story that’s been told so far.
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora Thu 15 Feb 2018, 3:32 pm

One thing I suggested in one of my IX predictions is that maybe they knew they needed the Knights of Ren going forward in the plot because a) they're all established force-users and b) that's going to be needed if they're going to do a whole coup plotline in IX. They can at once turn on Kylo, overpower him (if he "trusts" them and they catch him unaware because they outnumber him), and maybe even possibly... impersonate him? It's a thing I keep coming back to that I seriously can't get out of my head for some reason. If they are also strong in the force, and schooled by the exact same two teachers as Ben/Kylo (Luke and Snoke), if any one of them put on the Kylo Ren helmet, what layperson would know any differently? No one except... Rey.

When I think about it like this, I can see how they need them and will probably use them kind of unceremoniously in IX without delving too much into the backstory, and then saving the backstory for extra story materials. It's one explanation anyway.

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by BB-Rey Thu 15 Feb 2018, 3:45 pm

I think they're both Luke's former students and the Acoytles of Beyond mentioned in Aftermath. One interesting thing about the AOB is they were Darth Vader fanatics and obsessed with returning his lightsaber to him in death. Snoke hinted at a lust for the power of Ben's bloodline. So, it makes sense if the leader of the acoytles is Snoke. Adam also did say the Knights of Ren were around before Kylo and were that of a satellite group. So, it makes sense for them to be carrying out Snoke's bidding and possibly now training in the Unknown Regions with six other Masters carrying this out.
BB-Rey
BB-Rey
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Thu 15 Feb 2018, 4:22 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
Teo oswald wrote:rumor that the Kor will not appear in episode IX ...
@Teo oswald

What's the source of this rumor?
@ISeeAnIsland

I ended up chatting with some people, there is no source , they told me it's a false new. Even Mike zeroh doesn't have anything , they deleted the page, there is nothing. I'm glad really Smile but are they already starting to put false news?
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar Fri 16 Feb 2018, 1:24 pm

I must admit that I am puzzled about KOR in IX. I was quite happy that some of Luke's students went with Ben but that is just because he was so lonely and it felt comforting to know at least someone besides Snoke (meh) believed in him. I am not the biggest fan of the fact that Rey is the only thing in the galaxy that is for Ben. The important, but not the only one. I would like for him to have some kind of support - someone who knows Ben and how he was before serving with Snoke. I guess if they had Leia in IX that could work with this, but now he is completely alone.
I guess it fits with him being miserable in the path he has chosen, it's just so sad, maybe it should be like that and they should turn against him. I just like him to have his own little support group.

Last edited by SkyStar on Fri 16 Feb 2018, 3:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by lauvamp Fri 16 Feb 2018, 3:21 pm

I absolutely want the KOR and would love to see them being faithful to the new Supreme Leader, like the King and his (dark) knights.
lauvamp
lauvamp
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

https://lauvamp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramblingrose Mon 12 Mar 2018, 5:08 am

Is it confirmed as an absolute Canon that some of Luke's students went with Ben?

And even if it is an absolute Canon, is the number 6+Ben correct? Just because we can count them in the vision?

I do not feel that if an charachter say it in the VII or VIII, it is the absolute truth. Because they can tell the truth as they know it. As they are told. Or to hide something. We know Luke didn't tell Leia that he almost killed Ben? Luke was under the hut wreckage while the killing happened.

So Luke is not trustworthy, and he is the only witness. IMO.

And how many students was it in the Academy? Luke was the only teacher. How many could he have had? Ten? Twenty? Sixty? How bad a teacher could he be if 1/10, 1/2 or 1/3 of the students was turned to the dark in one night? I am more willing to believe Ben had 1 or 2 friends. It is not in character that he should have so many friends, and so good friends that would kill for him.

All the students woke up when the hut came crashing down. The ones that really didn't like Ben draw their weapons first because they thought Ben had killed Luke, and he and his friend had to defend themselves, and they got lost in the rage and fear and "woke up" after the killing was over. Then it was too late, they had burned the bridge and could only go to Snoke.

It is so frustrating. I feel that I know so little about them, and the Force Vision seemed so important. To just drop in the rest of the Sequel is like.... unsatisfying for me. A loose end. A very annoying one. Like when you chip a tooth and your tongue has to feel it all the time until you can get to the dentist and fix it.

The TLJ novelization, isn't it written there that Hux only know about two force users, Snoke and Kylo?
Ramblingrose
Ramblingrose
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu Mon 12 Mar 2018, 6:22 am

@Ramblingrose
I cannot for the life of me remember where I read something about Luke only setting up his training temple after Ben became his apprentice. So I imagined a scenario where there was a teacher, apprentice(s) giving tuition to young padawans perhaps? ( Like my son has in karate lessons)

Its says in the VD that Luke began his travels after Leia decided not to train as a Jedi....'largely disappearing from Galactic view. During this lengthy journey, Skywalker gathered his disciples who would go on to become his first true students'

In the Fry novelisation (p147) Luke says...'he had vanished with a handful of my students and slaughtered the rest' - so no specific number. I would love for the KOR to show up in some capacity in IX for sure but if they don't I get they're lining them in some future outing with all the new films/ series the LF is working on.
MrsWindu
MrsWindu
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Mon 12 Mar 2018, 1:15 pm

The film also has Luke say that Ben left with some students and slaughtered the rest. The exact number he went with isn't known but I can't see how it ISN'T a reference to the Knights of Ren.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Mon 12 Mar 2018, 10:39 pm

@Ramblingrose
You ask great questions! I've had some time this morning to take a look at the KOR and just soak it all up.. I've gone back to the start of this thread and tried to piece together for myself what we know - and how we know it.
Overall, it seems to me that we really don't know much!

Ramblingrose wrote:Is it confirmed as an absolute Canon that some of Luke's students went with Ben?
@Ramblingrose
-As far as I'm aware it is canon that luke had a dozen students and Ben.
In TLJ Luke says to Rey: I took him (Ben), and a dozen students and began to train them.
- this means there were 13 students all up. I think Luke would be reliable in knowing how many students he had!

Then Luke also says: ...When I came to, the temple was burning, he had vanished with a handful of my students, and slaughtered the rest.
-given Luke was under a bunch of rubble at the time - I think this is him interpreting the information he had once he came to. He knows he found some students dead. Slaughtered. But he doesn't actually know if the students went with Kylo/Ben or what happened to them. He is surmising. IMHO. it maybe true - but based on Luke's say so I can't be sure.
I agree ramblingrose, Luke is not a reliable witness.. we don't know if this is accurate or not.
The SW databank says in the snoke bio: "Ben destroyed Luke’s temple, left with several of his students, and slaughtered the rest. Snoke then became his new master."
-Not quite the same language as the film but close. At this point, I can't find anywhere that says the surviving students joined Kylo/Ben - only that they left with him. Anyone?

Ramblingrose wrote:
And even if it is an absolute Canon, is the number 6+Ben correct? Just because we can count them in the vision?
@Ramblingrose

I'm thinking this number is based on the force vision in TFA yes.
There was this exchange earlier in this thread:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:
panki wrote:In The Star Wars:The Force Awakens, The Official Dictionary, it is mentioned that " Rey is bombarded with force related sounds such as the voices of Mater Yoda and Obi-wan Kenobi and visions of the fearsome knights of Ren, led by Kylo Ren, who founded the order after falling from the light. "

If the order was created by Kylo Ren, it is possible that the other knights are Luke's former students. I remember reading somewhere about the order being an old one...maybe Kylo re-established an ancient but defunct order of dark side followers.
@panki

I believe PH debunked that, saying that it was a continuity error in that book, and that Kylo did NOT found the KOR...
-ignore the Kylo starting the KOR stuff -it was an error in the book. But - this page of the visual dictionary confirms it was indeed the Knights of Ren that Rey saw in her vision.
I've found a sample of the page on starwars.com too.. [ http://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-the-force-awakens-the-official-visual-story-guide-available-now ]
Here it is in the bottom left hand corner: (If you go to the source it will be big enough for you to read it)
Knights of Ren - Page 5 Rey_sa10

This is the first place I've come across that actually confirms it is them!

Ramblingrose wrote:
It is so frustrating. I feel that I know so little about them, and the Force Vision seemed so important. To just drop in the rest of the Sequel is like.... unsatisfying for me. A loose end. A very annoying one. Like when you chip a tooth and your tongue has to feel it all the time until you can get to the dentist and fix it.
I agree! very frustrating! Fingers crossed we get a pay off in IX. When ANH came out we had talk of Jabba the Hutt but never saw him (in the original version) - and it wasn't until ROTJ that we met him. I would not discount the arrival of the KOR in IX - but their absence in TFA and TLJ would need to be explained..

Ramblingrose wrote:
The TLJ novelization, isn't it written there that Hux only know about two force users, Snoke and Kylo?
I don't know - hope you get an answer to this from someone who has the novel!
I am not sure whether or not Hux heard what Kylo/Ben told snoke about Rey in TFA -
Kylo/Ben says: she is strong in the force, untrained but  stronger than she knows.
Snoke asks: and the droid?
Hux is seen joining them: Ren believed it was no longer valuable to us. That the girl was all we needed.
-it's possible Hux heard Kylo/Ben identify 'the girl' as being strong in the force. I would guess if Hux heard of someone resisting Kylo/Ben he'd be very interested! but umm anyway this is the KOR Thread!

Rimfaxe96 wrote: … Kylo didn't found them. They were founded about 20 years before he joined/a few years after the Battle of Endor if I remember correctly.
@Rimfaxe96
This is interesting! Rimfaxe96 or anyone, where did we find this out?

jakkusun wrote:Has anyone heard of this book:
Knights of Ren - Page 5 Latest?cb=20160723015358

"Star Wars: Galactic Atlas is an upcoming reference book that will be published by Egmont UK Ltd in November, 2016. An atlas with full-color illustrations by Tim McDonagh, it will cover all seven Star Wars films, as well as Star Wars Rebels, Star Wars: The Clone Wars, novels, and comics.

Explore the worlds and stories of a galaxy far, far away with this lavishly illustrated Galactic Atlas! Follow the beasts, battles, heroes and villains of the Star Wars saga all the way from the deserts of Tatooine to the ice plains of Hoth.

Stunning full-colour illustrations by Tim McDonagh
Covers all seven films, as well as Star Wars Rebels, The Clone Wars, novels and comics
A perfect gift for fans of all ages!"

This book is being used as a reference for some information on Wookieepedia I don't think has been confirmed yet? I'm not sure.

I first saw it on The Knights of Ren page where it is linked with the line: "The Knights of Ren slew Luke Skywalker's generation of Jedi."

I also appears on the Destruction of Luke Skywalker's Jedi page. It lists them as "combatants" and says "The Knights of Ren destroy the new generation of Jedi being trained by Luke Skywalker."

How the authors of these articles are drawing information from a book that isn't even out yet, I don't know. I guess some people have early access to it? I would like to see the original source material. Has it been confirmed anywhere else that the Knights of Ren were present when Kylo Ren turned against Luke and his new generation of Jedi? It is something many have assumed, I believe, but has never been confirmed? However it is written in the Galactic Atlas might also confirm whether of not Luke's students were truly killed, since many are suspicious with word choice "destroy" in most references.

It also shows Kylo Ren wasn't acting alone, if he did kill all the jedi. It wasn't like how Anakin massacred all the younglings all by himself, with them totally defenseless. It makes it sound more like a battle between two sides. The page lists the KOR and Luke's students as "combatants."

I also wonder if perhaps Kylo Ren even had an affiliation with the Knights of Ren even before he finally turned against Luke. Perhaps his interest in them was what got Leia concerned enough to send him to Luke. I imagine it took some time for him the climb the ranks to "master of the Knights of Ren." It depends on if he was a leader or not at the time he turned, I guess. But if he was joining the Knights in battle against Luke's students, it sounds like he must've been at least somewhat familiar with them before that.

Edit: It also looks like a really cool book just from the cover art, even. I kind of want it.
@jakkusun  - thanks for sharing jakkusun! Did you end up buying the Galactic Atlas? Does anyone have it and can share with us?

Yeah wookiepedia is not reliable.. but it's something I guess. lol.
It looks like wookieepedia has updated it’s Knights of Ren page – I can no longer see "The Knights of Ren slew Luke Skywalker's generation of Jedi." – looks like it’s been removed.

On the Destruction of Luke’s temple page – the Knights of Ren are still listed as ‘combatants’ – but the source of this information is now the ‘Star Wars: Absolutely Everything you need to know, updated and expanded.’ -
Booo I only have the now out of date version. Anyone got this new version and able to share with us what it says?

rey09 wrote:Perhaps KOR are just Kylo's heavy metal band name. (I want this sooo bad haha)

spoilered for brevity sake.. :
@rey09  - I laughed and laughed!!! Thanks so much for sharing this – so random!!

Also, here is Rian's empire film podcast quote about why he did not include the KOR in TLJ:
Empire Film Podcast, January 2018. Rian Johnson quote wrote: “I guess I could’ve used them in place of the Praetorian guards but then it would feel like wasting them because all those guards had to die. And if Kylo had some kind of connection to them it would’ve added a complication that wouldn’t have helped the scene… Truth is, I just didn’t see a place for them in the movie.”
source: https://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2018/01/19/rian-johnson-finally-addresses-the-last-jedis-missing-knights-of-ren/#14264b471948
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum