Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Knights of Ren

+44
LadyGaufrette
Apriljandy
MrsWindu
Ramblingrose
lauvamp
SkyStar
ZioRen
Cowgirlsamurai
rey09
Night Huntress
Armadeus
Teo oswald
nickandnora
Let The Past Die
SheLitAFire
Darth Dementor
nite0wl29
DeeBee
BB-Rey
guardienne
jakkusun
spacebaby45678
vaderito
snufkin
Darth Dingbat
Rogue Rey
Darth_Awakened
Saracene
BenRey
Mana
SoloSideCousin
FrolickingFizzgig
creepi0
Kessel
Rimfaxe96
ISeeAnIsland
Reylo Lemon
Sforza
Kalianah
MeadowofAshes
SanghaRen
panki
Sylvia Snow
Airemyn
48 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Knights of Ren - Page 7 Empty Re: Knights of Ren

Post by SanghaRen Tue 28 May 2019, 10:04 am

@DeeBee

Yes, I saw that another weapon had a red light. The gun also has a red light. So probably all their weapons are powered, indeed. That's funny about the cord. Darn, I want to see these weapons in action. I remember getting really excited about the PG with the double blade that looked like it could split to become two weapons and then we got that awesome PG fight in TLJ which is amongst my favorite SW fights (if not my favorite) and the guy/lady split the weapon and whirled the two blades and I was in heaven. I know, I am such a geek.

Because I am a geek, I also thought of the similarities with the PG and am looking at said PG's weapons. They had electro plasma blades included in their weapons allowing them to parry lightsabers and it was also coming out of nozzles (you can't see the nozzles in the chains though). Still that doesn't explain how that unsharp curved-in blade could be lethal or what that thing with a cord does. I could see the thing with a cord work like a guillotine with the two quarter circles separating first and then swiflty coming together snapping whatever is in-between in two. I am not into hororr movies but somehow everything I can think of sounds like one What a Face But hey, Ben sent a PG flying into a ventilator (or whatever that was) to be chopped up so what's a guillotine, right?

If the KoR went after relics and had to fight force users, it'd make sense to have weapons that can withstand lightsabers. I would love it if those grenades on the guy to the left could actually confuse the senses of force users so they cannot for a few seconds use their powers. I am so cruel... The question is still up whether the KoR themselves are force sensitive especially if they are former students of Luke's. Maybe they prefer to play it gritty and only use lightsabers when they are in a hurry.

Knights of Ren - Page 7 Pg_wea11
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 Tue 28 May 2019, 12:27 pm

Something interesting about the trailer Smile (it contains a spoiler): https://gwendy85.tumblr.com/post/185161257763
Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Tue 28 May 2019, 1:24 pm

Moonlight13 wrote:Something interesting about the trailer Smile (it contains a spoiler): https://gwendy85.tumblr.com/post/185161257763
@Moonlight13

Some people have sharp eyes Shocked At least the KoR doesn’t seem to be dancing... It’s true that there was speciesism in the Empire according to books and it seems to still be so in the FO (was that confirmed in auxiliary material too? I can’t remember), but since the KoR do not exactly look like the types to conform, I could see them using the service of non humans. Snoke’s aids in the throne room were not human so I guess there are exceptions. But hey, at least we know there are at least 2 scenes with one or more KoRs. Yey!
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Tue 28 May 2019, 2:16 pm

After all of Rian's West Side Story Tweets, I can't not think of the Jets every time the KoR are mentioned now

Still wanna know which one of them is also a trained esthetician and responsible for maintaining Kylos's hair and eyebrows.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Fri 31 May 2019, 2:42 am

SanghaRen wrote:@DeeBee

Yes, I saw that another weapon had a red light. The gun also has a red light. So probably all their weapons are powered, indeed. That's funny about the cord. Darn, I want to see these weapons in action. I remember getting really excited about the PG with the double blade that looked like it could split to become two weapons and then we got that awesome PG fight in TLJ which is amongst my favorite SW fights (if not my favorite) and the guy/lady split the weapon and whirled the two blades and I was in heaven. I know, I am such a geek.

Because I am a geek, I also thought of the similarities with the PG and am looking at said PG's weapons. They had electro plasma blades included in their weapons allowing them to parry lightsabers and it was also coming out of nozzles (you can't see the nozzles in the chains though). Still that doesn't explain how that unsharp curved-in blade could be lethal or what that thing with a cord does. I could see the thing with a cord work like a guillotine with the two quarter circles separating first and then swiflty coming together snapping whatever is in-between in two. I am not into hororr movies but somehow everything I can think of sounds like one What a Face But hey, Ben sent a PG flying into a ventilator (or whatever that was) to be chopped up so what's a guillotine, right?

If the KoR went after relics and had to fight force users, it'd make sense to have weapons that can withstand lightsabers. I would love it if those grenades on the guy to the left could actually confuse the senses of force users so they cannot for a few seconds use their powers. I am so cruel... The question is still up whether the KoR themselves are force sensitive especially if they are former students of Luke's. Maybe they prefer to play it gritty and only use lightsabers when they are in a hurry.

Knights of Ren - Page 7 Pg_wea11
@SanghaRen
- I'm of the same mind SanghaRen! Remember all the fun we had trying to figure out the PG weapons?! That for me was a highlight of the lead up to TLJ. I love that it's not just me who eats up this stuff here! ha!
Yeah I agree their weapons would be lightsaber resistant, like the PG's.

Regarding the bolded, I'm thinking the question has been answered for me about whether the KOR are dark side users because the book: 'Absolutely everything you need to know - updated and expanded' confirms this:
Knights of Ren - Page 7 Page_111 - I shared it on the previous page.
It also confirms the KOR were there at the destruction of the Jedi Academy.
It doesn't say the KOR are Luke's students - but given they were there it's quite possible.. it adds up.

But! I appreciate that this could be 'overruled' by TROS content.. (as films are top of the canon hierarchy)  

So at this point, I'm thinking they are dark side force users, they were there at the destruction of the temple and they could very well be the students who left with Kylo Ren that night. But I don't hold on to it toooo tightly... we shall see!
I personally think they will be more interesting if they are dark side force users but whatever of the KOR we will get will be great! the PGs weren't and they were awesome! Can't wait for the toys and packaging to come out lol.

The KOR seem very close to the concept art we've seen.. do you think that one with the massive sword is similar to the KOR named 'The Sniper' lol.
Knights of Ren - Page 7 Hj7hip5satl01
The Monk (who seems to have back to camera in the VF photo) looks super creepy! affraid
I wonder if his face will be the skull look.. very striking..
Chatter based on a KOR spoiler:
@Moonlight13 - wow someone has great eyes!!!
That KOR looks like the one titled 'The Armory' - interesting that they don't have names. I wonder if they will get names at all.. like the PGs never did..

snufkin wrote: ...Still wanna know which one of them is also a trained esthetician and responsible for maintaining Kylos's hair and eyebrows.
@snufkin
Ohhhh I think they're natural! Razz Laughing Wink

edited to add:
I had a play around with this image.. and I can see The Monk with his skull face in the background. bet you guys had already seen this! lol. It's new to me!  
Knights of Ren - Page 7 Mcdstw10
we can even just make out the shape of his axe now that we know what it is.. cool!

Last edited by DeeBee on Fri 31 May 2019, 4:34 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added comment)
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Sat 08 Jun 2019, 2:50 am

That's amazing!
Regarding whether they were Luke's students...
He made a point of mentioning:
"He'd left with half my students and slaughtered the rest"

So.....if they aren't Luke's former students, what happened to them?
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Sat 20 Jul 2019, 1:31 am

Putting this here as we get a great look at this Knight of Ren and his/her weapon!
Knights of Ren - Page 7 Tros_v12
interesting the label is 'Knight of Ren' - and not an individual name.. and I'm shocked Kylo isn't on the cover! Maybe it's because it would have labelled him 'Ben Solo' ha!
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Sat 20 Jul 2019, 6:46 am

Actually it's very telling that Kylo isn't on the cover.
I own the VDs from the first two films, and they both showed villains - Kylo, who then was marketed as the 'bad guy', and one of the Praetorians.
So....does Kylo go from bad guy to good guy - or at least not so bad guy - in ROTS?
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Sat 20 Jul 2019, 5:41 pm

motherofpearl1 wrote:Actually it's very telling that Kylo isn't on the cover.
I own the VDs from the first two films, and they both showed villains - Kylo, who then was marketed as the 'bad guy', and one of the Praetorians.
So....does Kylo go from bad guy to good guy - or at least not so bad guy - in ROTS?
@motherofpearl1

Spot on motherofpearl1! cheers

Here's another glimpse of the Knights of Ren:
Knights of Ren - Page 7 Joureny_to_Ep._IX_Search___Find_Readerlink17
do you think this is Passana?
Source
It's interesting that the art we are getting is of Kylo Ren with the Knights of Ren- both here and in the art for the 4 issue comic - both have Kylo wearing the reconstructed helmet...
sunny

You guys seen this 'KOR all hitting on Rey while Kylo seethes' fanart?
https://faembrosia.tumblr.com/post/172785082953/the-epic-battle-between-the-supreme-leader-and-the
not sure of the rules around sharing fan art so I'll just share the link.
Pretty funny!!

Last edited by DeeBee on Sat 20 Jul 2019, 6:28 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added comment)
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Sat 20 Jul 2019, 8:13 pm

DeeBee wrote:
motherofpearl1 wrote:Actually it's very telling that Kylo isn't on the cover.
@motherofpearl1

Spot on motherofpearl1! cheers

Here's another glimpse of the Knights of Ren:
do you think this is Passana?
Source
It's interesting that the art we are getting is of Kylo Ren with the Knights of Ren- both here and in the art for the 4 issue comic - both have Kylo wearing the reconstructed helmet...
sunny

You guys seen this 'KOR all hitting on Rey while Kylo seethes' fanart?
https://faembrosia.tumblr.com/post/172785082953/the-epic-battle-between-the-supreme-leader-and-the
not sure of the rules around sharing fan art so I'll just share the link.
Pretty funny!!
@DeeBee

lmaoo omg that would have been soo funny to see on screen. Ugh if only...

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Tue 03 Sep 2019, 5:30 am

DeeBee wrote:....
Knights of Ren - Page 7 Secrets-of-the-jedi-last-jedi
This is new to me also! Luke writes "My mistakes pushed Ben further away from the light - and he dragged the galaxy into the darkness with him. After he burned our temple to the ground and slaughtered any students who refused to follow him to the dark side, Ben donned a mask. Like his grandfather before him, and took a new name, claiming his place at the side of the Supreme Leader Snoke."
-This has something new here I haven't heard before. The idea that Kylo slaughtered students who 'refused to follow him to the dark side'.
We've previously heard that he slaughtered some students and other students left with him.. but I've not heard it put like this.
Luke may be mistaken here, but if we take this at face value, this means the students who left with Kylo went to the dark side with him. This is the first time I've heard this!
And.. we know that the Knights of Ren were there the night the Jedi temple was destroyed.. (this was revealed a canon book see HERE where I shared the source)
Put the two together and it is even more likely that the students who followed Kylo to the dark side are in fact Knights of Ren.
sunny
Yes I'm quoting myself. It's a bit ridiculous but I want to put this here in the KOR thread.. lol
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Tue 03 Sep 2019, 1:50 pm

@DeeBee

Nothing wrong with quoting yourself Smile It’s interesting that they put such stuff in books, but so far we have not seen them in action neither in the trailer nor in the D23 promo. Does it mean that they are not so important in TRoS or on the contrary, they are a missing key link in the bigger story? I am not even sure the GA at this point remembers them.
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Wed 04 Sep 2019, 9:18 am

So Luke believes that Ben 'slaughtered' his students?
I think it was a battle.
I read somewhere that during the making of TLJ they included a number of 'lghtsabre hilts' among the special effects. When you see Luke's flashback, you see the dead students but you can't make out if they had lightsabres or not. But....why else would the SFX team include lightsabre hilts unless they were beside the bodies of the students. Which means THEY WERE ARMED.
Not a massacre of unarmed children, such as in RotS, but a battle between two armed factions.

And finally.....Luke didn't wake up until after the event, so how did he know it was a 'slaughter'?
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Wed 04 Sep 2019, 2:16 pm

motherofpearl1 wrote:So Luke believes that Ben 'slaughtered' his students?
I think it was a battle.
I read somewhere that during the making of TLJ they included a number of 'lghtsabre hilts' among the special effects.  When you see Luke's flashback, you see the dead students but you can't make out if they had lightsabres or not. But....why else would the SFX team include lightsabre hilts unless they were beside the bodies of the students. Which means THEY WERE ARMED.
Not a massacre of unarmed children, such as in RotS, but a battle between two armed factions.

And finally.....Luke didn't wake up until after the event, so how did he know it was a 'slaughter'?
@motherofpearl1

I don’t mind if he actually slaughtered them because they refused to follow him. To me it changes nothing to his redeemability. I think the word “slaughter” was always used to describe what happened. That would explain why he did not go to his parents. Somehow I can see a scene similar to the beginning of TFA in which prompted by Phasma on the villagers’ fate, he gives the order to kill them. Maybe there was a fight and the “light” students lost and were given the choice to follow. They refused. And with Snoke sort of watching and the “dark” students there, he felt that he had to show ruthlessness. It doesn’t make him innocent because it is a slaughter, but then innocents do not get redemption stories. It seems to be his pattern to do what is expected from him or what he thinks is expected from him. RJ said that one of the reasons to make him kill Snoke and become the Supreme Leader was to force him to stand on his own two feet. So hopefully if Palps tries to get him on his side, he’ll tell him to go beep himself.
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Sun 08 Sep 2019, 12:40 pm

I've just heard that some of the scenes from TRoS are being re shot in order to 'please the audience.'

So.....for Reylos this could be a bad thing...(they're trying to please antis) or a good thing. They're trying to please Reylos.

The plot thickens.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Sun 08 Sep 2019, 2:33 pm

motherofpearl1 wrote:I've just heard that some of the scenes from TRoS are being re shot in order to 'please the audience.'

So.....for Reylos this could be a bad thing...(they're trying to please antis) or a good thing. They're trying to please Reylos.

The plot thickens.
@motherofpearl1

Maybe simple scenes here or there, doubt they will make any major changes to the story, and if reylo is part of that, it should go untouched...

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Sun 08 Sep 2019, 2:40 pm

motherofpearl1 wrote:I've just heard that some of the scenes from TRoS are being re shot in order to 'please the audience.'

The plot thickens.
@motherofpearl1
Reshoots are completely normal. I wouldn't overthink it. There's going to be a bias toward representing the film as having development issues when there are none, of course. Every blockbuster ever went through reshoots.

https://twitter.com/JordanMaison/status/1170384574469332992
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sun 08 Sep 2019, 2:53 pm

IIRC Cliff Scene/Feeling the Force together was shot in the Fall of 2015 at Bad Robot when TFA was in the final edit/post-production mode. And JJ didn't finish it until right before the premiere. So changes even at this stage are normal when working under such a tight production timeline and shouldn't be grounds for panic. Especially when it previously resulted in one of the most iconic moments of the ST/Saga.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Sun 08 Sep 2019, 8:45 pm

They announced they were doing reshoots back in July, this isn't really news. Like others said, most films have reshoots. And since when are Reylos not "the fans" too? Given the compressed time frame, redoing some scenes is not completely changing the plot, character relationships, themes, or ending. It means redoing some scenes.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Mon 23 Dec 2019, 11:07 pm

Hello! Guess this is the place for this?!
Just got hold of the visual dictionary.
Names of the KOR are as follows: Vicrul, Cardo, Ushar, Trudgen, Kuruk & Ap’Lek.
I feel pretty flat about this at the moment... but who knows maybe I will care again.
Anyone want me to share their blurbs?

Edited to add: they are all referred to as males. No females. Why am I not surprised?
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Mon 23 Dec 2019, 11:39 pm

Another bunch of wasted characters.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost