Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Jedi General Discussion

+81
giaciak2
KnightsofReylo_2015
thescavenger
Let The Past Die
Reynak
Sforza
Kylo Ren's 8-Pack
ReyofLightSide
liveinsummee
rawpowah
Piper Maru
adamdrivershair
Marchtwin
Irina de France
MoonFyre
Atenais
Moonjump05
Helix
Casper
Acritiqua
MyOnlyHope
Xylo Ren
Blood Moon
Starliteprism
Darth_marshmallow
motherofpearl1
bashfulblueeyes3
SkyStar
Kylo Rey
BenRey
DeeBee
Forsythia
SoloSideCousin
SanghaRen
reylo1992
rey09
FrolickingFizzgig
spacebaby45678
Darth Dingbat
AceofWands
ISeeAnIsland
PalmettoBlue
snufkin
DarthRen
SheLitAFire
vaderito
Maria26
EchoBase
Moonlight13
Lucina
fuhry
Mana
Kylo Men
LesCousinsDangereux
Saracene
Reylo Lemon
Anakin Skywalker
Tex
MindAndMagic
shii405
Darth_Awakened
nite0wl29
RosiePancake
colibri
Night Huntress
tukicarreno
ZioRen
Birdwoman
IoJovi
Lily Snape
Gemini
Armadeus
Darth Dementor
LadyHa
Darth Rowan
panki
Cowgirlsamurai
Man Without A Star
Kessel
Rei of Sunshine
MrsWindu
85 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 12 Empty Re: The Last Jedi General Discussion

Post by panki Fri 17 Nov 2017, 1:25 am

@Tex

I really like the parallels between Kylo and Brunndild, especially being a beloved shield maiden falling out of favour with Odin for showing a compassionate nature and being found by the hero, falling in love etc. I was familiar with her story in Norse mythology but not the opera.

I'm happy with the story parallels as long as we don't get the part where the hero marries someone else, Brunhildr is heart broken and finally the hero is killed off using treachery....that's when I would throw popcorn and my drink at the screen.... Mad

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 12 Empty Re: The Last Jedi General Discussion

Post by DarthRen Fri 17 Nov 2017, 1:38 am

panki wrote:@Tex

I really like the parallels between Kylo and Brunndild, especially being a beloved shield maiden falling out of favour with Odin for showing a compassionate nature and being found by the hero, falling in love etc. I was familiar with her story in Norse mythology but not the opera.

I'm happy with the story parallels as long as we don't get the part where the hero marries someone else, Brunhildr is heart broken and finally the hero is killed off using treachery....that's when I would throw popcorn and my drink at the screen.... Mad
@panki

The only wedding bells are for Ben and Rey. Poe and Finn would fullfil cuteness and hotness quota, but it just lacks when someone else is your soulmate. Even if Ben dies, Rey would still find it hard to share that kind of level of intimacy.

Anyway, fantastic read about these parallels. I learn every day something new.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Fri 17 Nov 2017, 5:36 am

reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu Fri 17 Nov 2017, 6:16 am

reylo1992 wrote:Interesting meta about Rey, Kylo and the Balance:
http://sakurau121.tumblr.com/post/167563691950/what-is-the-end-game-for-rey-and-kylo-ren-and-how
@reylo1992

I'm not too familiar with Phillip Pullman. But I like the Spirted Away parallels - the two protagonists journeys are not linear, they meet and part
and meet again. Haku eventually remembers his lost name and memories. With regards to possible outcomes - Haku promises Chichiro that they will meet again, despite parting into the human and spirit world I think they are still linked.
MrsWindu
MrsWindu
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase Fri 17 Nov 2017, 8:24 am

There is a press conference in France today
https://twitter.com/swucom/status/931520005434499075
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno Fri 17 Nov 2017, 8:40 am

New article from Rian and some of the cast!

https://sleemo.tumblr.com/post/167588401742/total-film-the-last-jedi

Regarding Kylo & Rey

“From the script [of The Force Awakens], to seeing the film for the first time, I felt like the dynamic between those two is fascinating and complicated and had a lot of potential,” grins Johnson. “That was one of the things I was really excited to figure out ways to get into, on this one.”
  Wink  Very Happy
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Anakin Skywalker Fri 17 Nov 2017, 1:04 pm

sorry if you discussed it already, lately it's hard to follow every thread,
so now we can be 80-90% sure who are Ray's parents, these pair from game, so if you don't know yet just watch:

and interesting thing is that Kylo knows it, so now I'm sure he will be the one who will tell Rey,
here is moments about that too, and all Kylo moments from game:
Anakin Skywalker
Anakin Skywalker
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria26 Fri 17 Nov 2017, 1:11 pm

Thanks to Battlefront 2, there are now a dozen videos about Hiden and Del being Rey's parents LOL

Last edited by Maria26 on Fri 17 Nov 2017, 1:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
Maria26
Maria26
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Fri 17 Nov 2017, 1:11 pm

vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Fri 17 Nov 2017, 1:19 pm

@vaderito

Yeah, Rian confirmed during the press conference today. The video is posted somewhere on this forum. I think in a press thread.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Fri 17 Nov 2017, 3:24 pm

MrsWindu wrote:
http://sakurau121.tumblr.com/post/167563691950/what-is-the-end-game-for-rey-and-kylo-ren-and-how
@reylo1992

I'm not too familiar with Phillip Pullman. But I like the Spirted Away parallels - the two protagonists journeys are not linear, they meet and part
and meet again. Haku eventually remembers his lost name and memories. With regards to possible outcomes - Haku promises Chichiro that they will meet again, despite parting into the human and spirit world I think they are still linked.
@MrsWindu

OMG, that meta is FANTASTIC!

This idea of ‘the Force’ being free, the end of both the Jedi and the Sith, can only be demonstrated effectively enough through our two ‘protagonists’. This has been done before of course, and yes, ‘His Dark Materials’ is one example. This is only a suggestion but I think it’s entirely possible that Rey and Kylo will, in essence, let ‘the Force’ be free and no longer let others control it. It returns to how it was before force users were about. And so, ‘the Force’ as we know it, disappears and yet remains. Like ________, Rey and Kylo lose their powers, and therefore, so does Snoke. This is how they ultimately defeat him. Like Noah, they must start anew, letting go of the old world in order to create a new one. However, in order to truly demonstrate the relinquishing of power, they must do one other thing.

At the end of ‘His Dark Materials’, ________________r. By relinquishing power, they also realize that because ‘said power’ can no longer be controlled, they cannot control their fate either. It is often the case that characters must sacrifice so that they can restore peace and balance, returning ‘power’ back into the world, so that people can embrace it in it’s purest form.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire Fri 17 Nov 2017, 3:32 pm

Darth_Awakened wrote:
@vaderito

Yeah, Rian confirmed during the press conference today. The video is posted somewhere on this forum. I think in a press thread.
@Darth_Awakened

It is! Also, for the 35 min video of the press conference (TLJ Press Tour thread) I included just some of the discussion points from the Q&A....he says he's very aware of the theories on the internet "I read allllll of them" sly smile. If he, personally, hasn't hunted around on this forum, he's sent someone from staff to do so, I just know it.
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Fri 17 Nov 2017, 4:05 pm

Not sure if someone already mentioned it but we have a new planet called Batuu.

The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 12 Do2ngvyueaalog3-jpg-large

Description from SW databank.

A remote outpost on the galaxy's edge, Batuu was once a busy crossroads in the days prior to lightspeed. With the rise of hyperspace travel, however, the world -- notable for the lush trees and mountain spikes that decorate its surface -- was left behind, its prominence lost to planets on more popular trade routes. Today, Batuu is home to those who prefer to stay out of the mainstream, and a thriving port for smugglers, rogue traders, and adventurers traveling between the frontier and uncharted space. Significantly, it has also become a safe haven for those looking to avoid the attention of the First Order. wrote:

I wonder that we might go into Unknown Regions in Episode IX and someone will venture there. Most likely Kylo, Rey or Luke maybe all of them.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Fri 17 Nov 2017, 4:08 pm

vaderito wrote:
MrsWindu wrote:
@reylo1992

@MrsWindu

OMG, that meta is FANTASTIC!

This idea of ‘the Force’ being free, the end of both the Jedi and the Sith, can only be demonstrated effectively enough through our two ‘protagonists’. This has been done before of course, and yes, ‘His Dark Materials’ is one example. This is only a suggestion but I think it’s entirely possible that Rey and Kylo will, in essence, let ‘the Force’ be free and no longer let others control it. It returns to how it was before force users were about. And so, ‘the Force’ as we know it, disappears and yet remains. Like ________, Rey and Kylo lose their powers, and therefore, so does Snoke. This is how they ultimately defeat him. Like Noah, they must start anew, letting go of the old world in order to create a new one. However, in order to truly demonstrate the relinquishing of power, they must do one other thing.

At the end of ‘His Dark Materials’, ________________r. By relinquishing power, they also realize that because ‘said power’ can no longer be controlled, they cannot control their fate either. It is often the case that characters must sacrifice so that they can restore peace and balance, returning ‘power’ back into the world, so that people can embrace it in it’s purest form.
@vaderito

It's everything those of us who've read His Dark Materials have said from the beginning (paging @BastilaBey). Or the role magic and its return as a wild, democratic force (literally) tied in with nature is in Susannah Clarke's Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell, another novel which kicked around Hollywood for years in development Hell before returning to the BBC's hands. And Luke's disappearance could easily make him a John Uskglass/Raven King type character. Also not a coincidence given literary tradition, that Rey as the powerful wielder heralding a new era is one of the more disenfranchised characters in all of the movies, being both a young woman and coming from the lowest/poorest of the Trade classes with zero connections to any family or legacy.

Facing this threat, both Norrell and Strange are fatally flawed, Norrell because he will not engage the mystery, Strange because he thinks he can control it. Fear and arrogance. But even the fairy Gentleman, who personifies magic for much of the story, is not its final word. He is a more exaggerated form of selfish English society, but the deep magic of John Uskglass's world is utterly democratic, building its foundation on valiant peasants and humble servants (notably, it is Childermass, Lady Pole, and Stephen Black who are the triumphant authorities in this world.)
It is a world that is utterly beyond our control, which comes crashing into normal life with disturbing frequency; it is an assurance that even the inanimate is meaningful, that the voiceless are heard on the other side of the curtain;
it's Father Brown's invisible angler and Luke Skywalker putting away his targeting computer and Indiana Jones closing his eyes and trusting to the mystery. It is the deep magic, spoken by the Raven King. And he speaks still, if only we would listen...in every story of deep magic, which reminds us that the woods around us are just as enchanted as they ever were...

Magic shall be written upon the sky by the rain but they shall not be able to read it;
Magic shall be written on the faces of the stony hills but their minds shall not be able to contain it;
In winter the barren trees shall be a black writing but they shall not understand it...

And The Nature/human relationship to the Force is the original conclusion of Roger Ebert's review for RotJ, as a suggestion for the stories which follow that trilogy:

At the end, what are we left with? Marvelous sights: The two Death Stars, the lumbering war machines on the snow planet, space warfare, the desert monster, buckaneering action. Marvelous sounds: the voices of Darth Vader, Jabba and the chirpy little R2-D2. And an idea--the Force--that in encompassing everything may, perhaps, encompass nothing, and conceal another level above, or beneath. I'm guessing that will be the subject of the next trilogy.

And you can bet that the filmmakers know about that review and Ebert's suggestion. Just look at how much Kasdan and RJ have discussed film theory and history in the role of shaping the films they wrote for the ST. Or RJ's Tweets citing different classic movies (Hell the man's partner is a historian/writer on film criticism and history), being photographed with Agnes Varda during his French press junket et cetera. They've read that review and thought about it.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by PalmettoBlue Fri 17 Nov 2017, 4:30 pm

Anakin Skywalker wrote:sorry if you discussed it already, lately it's hard to follow every thread,
so now we can be 80-90% sure who are Ray's parents, these pair from game, so if you don't know yet just watch:

and interesting thing is that Kylo knows it, so now I'm sure he will be the one who will tell Rey,
here is moments about that too, and all Kylo moments from game:
@Anakin Skywalker
The guy in the video might be right abt Rey’s parents. But he’s dead wrong about Kylo being Luke’s kid. We KNOW Leia is his mother from the Aftermath series, so yeah. No.
PalmettoBlue
PalmettoBlue
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

https://palmettosdesk.blog/

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Fri 17 Nov 2017, 4:39 pm

DarthRen wrote:Not sure if someone already mentioned it but we have a new planet called Batuu.

A remote outpost on the galaxy's edge, Batuu was once a busy crossroads in the days prior to lightspeed. With the rise of hyperspace travel, however, the world -- notable for the lush trees and mountain spikes that decorate its surface -- was left behind, its prominence lost to planets on more popular trade routes. Today, Batuu is home to those who prefer to stay out of the mainstream, and a thriving port for smugglers, rogue traders, and adventurers traveling between the frontier and uncharted space. Significantly, it has also become a safe haven for those looking to avoid the attention of the First Order. wrote:

I wonder that we might go into Unknown Regions in Episode IX and someone will venture there. Most likely Kylo, Rey or Luke maybe all of them.
@DarthRen

I'm pretty sure that when they officially announced Galaxy's Edge, they said that it was representing a new planet that would make an appearance in a future Star Wars film.... So, yeah, it's either a location that's on Rian's "no fly" list for TLJ, or it will be a setting in Episode IX. (I guess it could appear in Solo, but I think it's a safer bet that the "appearance" will be in the saga films.)
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sat 18 Nov 2017, 5:49 am

Apparently, TLJ's MPAA rating is PG-13 for "Sequences of Sci Fi Action and Violence"

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/7dqgpj/according_to_the_end_of_this_video_tlj_is/

I'm sorry to say but this removes any "sensuality" that isn't the most basic clothed kissing (but no make out). By comparison, Deathly Hallows Pt 1 had "brief sensuality" in its MPAA certificate due to the infamous Harry and Hermione make out. However, Pt 2 didn't have this description. Both movies were PG-13. Now, I don't know if MPAA rules changed between 2002 and 2009, cause AOTC was PG and didn't receive "some sensuality" for kissing and rolling in the meadow, while Half-Blood Prince from 2009 received "some sensuality" for its PG rating. Or maybe HBP kissing was more steamy? Likewise, POTC movies (2003-2006) didn't have sensuality in their PG-13 rating either.

So yeah. It could mean no kissing, it could mean basic kissing unworthy of alerting parents about.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AceofWands Sat 18 Nov 2017, 6:29 am

@vaderito, but while I think there will be a Rey-Kylo kiss, somehow I doubt they would be half naked kissing each other. I actually don't think we'll ever get a naked kiss in SW, and not with them going at each other as if they're going to do it... like the HP kiss.

What about Revenge of the Sith? It's actually pretty mild in terms of sensuality, but it does show Padme and Anakin in bed. It got PG 13 only for sci-fi violence and some intense images, no sensuality warning.
AceofWands
AceofWands
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Sat 18 Nov 2017, 6:45 am

Yeah, I mean... looking at some recent films - Spectre was PG-13 with a sensuality warning, and I don't think anyone would expect scenes like that from a SW film Razz

Wonder Woman didn't get a sensuality warning, but the warning included "some suggestive content". Which is pretty accurate because it was pretty obvious what was going on. (ETA: I also think some of the jokes and dialogue would fall under that umbrella.)

I'm pretty sure just kissing wouldn't affect the rating either way?
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sat 18 Nov 2017, 6:46 am

AceofWands wrote:@vaderito, but while I think there will be a Rey-Kylo kiss, somehow I doubt they would be half naked kissing each other. I actually don't think we'll ever get a naked kiss in SW, and not with them going at each other as if they're going to do it... like the HP kiss.

What about Revenge of the Sith? It's actually pretty mild in terms of sensuality, but it does show Padme and Anakin in bed. It got PG 13 only for sci-fi violence and some intense images, no sensuality warning.
@AceofWands

That's why I'm thinking that MPAA may have changed some rules between 2005 and 2009 when they slapped Half-Blood Prince with "mild sensuality" or "some sensuality". I don't know. Is it Ron and Lavender snogging?

The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 12 652986_1298955879094_full

@Darth Dingbat Yeah, what I call basic kissing doesn't affect rating it seems. You know, ksssing with minimal other bodily contact. I do think that some change happened cause POTC had no sensuality and content warning for Will kissing Elizabeth's leg from her knee up and her making the O face.

vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine Sat 18 Nov 2017, 8:15 am

DarthRen wrote:Not sure if someone already mentioned it but we have a new planet called Batuu.

@DarthRen

MY HEADCANON IS ALIIIIVEEEE!!!

This planet NEEDS to be in Ep 8 or 9!

I really hope Rey and Kylo run off together and eventually end up on this place, and Kylo would be able to shake off Snoke's influence and develop his alliance/friendship/relationship with Rey and the Force.

The bit about being able to avoid the FO there is already a huge in your face clue!
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire Sat 18 Nov 2017, 8:16 am

vaderito wrote:
AceofWands wrote:@vaderito, but while I think there will be a Rey-Kylo kiss, somehow I doubt they would be half naked kissing each other. I actually don't think we'll ever get a naked kiss in SW, and not with them going at each other as if they're going to do it... like the HP kiss.

@AceofWands

That's why I'm thinking that MPAA may have changed some rules between 2005 and 2009 when they slapped Half-Blood Prince with "mild sensuality" or "some sensuality". I don't know. Is it Ron and Lavender snogging?

@vaderito

And Cormac licking his fingers and staring at Hermione suggestively during the slug club dinner
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Sat 18 Nov 2017, 8:30 am

vaderito wrote:

@AceofWands

@Darth Dingbat Yeah, what I call basic kissing doesn't affect rating it seems. You know, ksssing with minimal other bodily contact. I do think that some change happened cause POTC had no sensuality and content warning for Will kissing Elizabeth's leg from her knee up and her making the O face.

@vaderito

I think Half-Blood Prince was PG-rated, though? I don't know how these things really work, but I would guess that kiss would pass without comment in PG-13.

This is actually quite interesting. I'd love to know more as to how exactly films get their ratings and warnings, and how arbitrary that might be.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Sat 18 Nov 2017, 8:58 am

@AceofWands

You mean kissing in TLJ? Ain't that a bit too early? I'm all for a passionate kiss between them but not sure if in TLJ or Episode IX.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Sat 18 Nov 2017, 8:58 am

Interesting tidbit I just came across on tumblr 

“jett [lucas, george lucas’s son] recently told me a very interesting character tidbit about anakin, and the origin of his name: anakin is based off the greek goddess of inevitability, ananke.” – janina gavankar Source: anakinskydala

"Ananke" is derived from the common Ancient Greek noun ἀνάγκη (Ionic: ἀναγκαίη anankaiē), meaning "force, constraint or necessity." The common noun itself is of uncertain etymology.[6] Homer refers to her being as necessity, often abstracted in modern translation (ἀναγκαίη πολεμίζειν, "ιt is necessary to fight") or force (ἐξ ἀνάγκης, "by force").[7] In Ancient Greek literature the word is also used meaning "fate" or "destiny" (ἀνάγκη δαιμόνων, "fate by the daemons or by the gods"), and by extension "compulsion or torture by a superior."[8] She appears often in poetry, as Simonides does: "Even the gods don’t fight against ananke".[9]
The pre-modern is carried over and translated (by reduction) into a more modern philosophical sense as "necessity", "logical necessity"[10] or "laws of nature".[11]
Very interesting....  Confus
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next