Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Jedi General Discussion

+72
Kyla Ren
Darth Rowan
RealAnise
ladyMxx
Mila Lazarus
DeeBee
guardienne
Sad Man
Man Without A Star
SW_Heroine_Journey
LadyGaufrette
KiraRen2015
Riri
loversinthestorm
Atenais
giaciak2
Lily Snape
Armadeus
IoJovi
SanghaRen
rey09
bashfulblueeyes3
kroi
GiGiMarie
Mana
Rei of Sunshine
Irina de France
Tex
followmylead-kylodriver
Mila95
KnightsofReylo_2015
Apriljandy
Let The Past Die
SheLitAFire
Helix
MindAndMagic
lauvamp
EchoBase
unicorn
Darth_marshmallow
vaderito
Saracene
Good-olio Raeh
SkyStar
AhsokaTano
12 Parsnips
Moonlight13
tukicarreno
PrincessPorg
Ramblingrose
Starliteprism
Darth_Awakened
californiagirl
twilekempire
Birdwoman
BB-Rey
MrsWindu
ISeeAnIsland
ZioRen
nickandnora
Darth Dementor
special_cases
rawpowah
Night Huntress
Kessel
SoloSideCousin
Dar-ren19
snufkin
Teo oswald
Cowgirlsamurai
Kylo Rey
motherofpearl1
76 posters

Page 20 of 27 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 23 ... 27  Next

Go down

The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 20 Empty Re: The Last Jedi General Discussion

Post by DeeBee Fri 06 Jul 2018, 5:15 pm

@Moonlight13 -Thanks for sharing Moonlight13!
whoa! I'm afraid of Kylo in that artwork!!!
EchoBase wrote:I saw this and I can’t stop laughing. Kylux is canon!
@EchoBase - haaaa good one!
Why couldn't they have had the 'join me, please' moment on the cover?! Booo..
Another choice which downplays the romance (IMHO).
Oh well.. all this angst will be worth it after IX! sunny
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 20 Empty Re: The Last Jedi General Discussion

Post by Riri Sat 07 Jul 2018, 1:36 am

By the way - that is a variant cover. I believe the actual cover will be Reylo vs the guards.

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Sat 07 Jul 2018, 1:40 am

@Riri
Riri wrote:By the way - that is a variant cover. I believe the actual cover will be Reylo vs the guards.
Oh hoorah!!!!!!! Very Happy
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Sat 07 Jul 2018, 4:45 am

Oops just saw this now as posted something similar on canon novels/comics thread (Takodana Woods).Some of the discussion about this on reddit is interesting especially the bit about kylo being torn about and kylo tearing the audience apart ie some people love him and some hate him which ties in with his character and maybe deliberate:
https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsCantina/comments/8wpwnp/does_anyone_think_they_are_making_kylo_darker_in/?st=JJB7E6SW&sh=6e5d28aa
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Fri 27 Jul 2018, 5:18 am

Hi Everyone!
Just thought I'd mention  - there is activity over in the starwars.com databank again related to the last Jedi..
I just noticed that they are starting to add 'quotes' sections to TLJ characters' main entry pages.
It's so interesting to see which quotes are being chosen and combined..
Here is Kylo/Ben's:
The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 20 Quotes10
looks like Kylo/Ben gets progressively naked haaaaa.. can't wait to see him in IX  Razz

Luke's quotes have had a TLJ addition:
The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 20 Quotes12

Snoke's:
The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 20 Quotes11

Looks like it is a WIP across the site...
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 20 Empty The Last Jedi Comic Adaptation Issue 5 of 6

Post by DeeBee Thu 02 Aug 2018, 4:24 am

Hello!! The Last Jedi Comic Adaptation, Issue 5 of 6  was released yesterday and I just read it.
I'm so tempted to share the whole issue. I've not been thrilled with the artwork at times in previous issues, but this issue - for me- it stunning. Visually a real treat. If you are going to read one issue of this series, give this one a go.. I can't see any moments where canon has been added to with a new perspective related to Reylo.. but it's still great.
The whole fight in the throne room sequence is given a few pages worth - lots of time spent on this.. the lightsaber tug of war.. the Holdo light speed moment through the supremacy.. Kylo's appeal to Rey to join him- So well done! and together - it's all intermingled and works well. better than it did in the movie lol but then maybe I just don't mind it in this medium. I'll share a few of the reylo bits. most of this issue is reylo so I can't share it all in one post!
Here's some random reylo goodies:
The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 20 710
..and cutting to after Snoke is diced..
The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 20 1010
whooo okay I'll include this whole bit:
The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 20 1511
The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 20 1611
The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 20 1710
The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 20 1810
The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 20 1910
The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 20 2010

The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 20 2112

And.. one little snippet of Leia on crait. I think it's plain gorgeous!
The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 20 2511

This issue finished with Chewie and the porg arriving on crait. lol at the artwork of this little reveal!
The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 20 2611
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu Mon 06 Aug 2018, 9:26 am

Hiya if anyone is interested my Empire came through today and here’s a few pics of the first few pages of favourite characters feature. Interesting to note Kylo appears at 5
( there are technical issue that seem to be preventing me from posting the pages )

1. Han  Solo

2. Darth Vader

3. Luke skywalker

4. Leia Organa

5. Kylo Ren

6. Yoda

7. Rey

8. Obi-Wan Kenobi

9. R2-D2

10. Chewbacca

11. Boba  Fett

12. Darth maul

13.Finn

14. Ahshoka Tano

15. 15 The Emperor

16 Lando Carrissian

17 Poe Dameron

Q18 BB8

19 Jar jar Binks

20 C3 PO

21 Jyn Erso

22 Padme Amidala

23 Qui Gon Jinn

24 Admiral Akbar

25 Grand Admiral Thrawn

26 Darth Revan

27 K2SO

28 Mace Windu

29 Rose Tico

30 Wedge Antilles

31 Jabba the Hutt

EDIT - I am now able to upload these scans

The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 20 Img18310
The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 20 Img18410
The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 20 Img18510

The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 20 Img18610
The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 20 Img18710
The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 20 Img18810

Last edited by MrsWindu on Mon 06 Aug 2018, 11:48 am; edited 1 time in total
MrsWindu
MrsWindu
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri Mon 06 Aug 2018, 9:45 am

@MrsWindu

Thank you!

Yay Kyo and Rey in the top 10.

I'm surprised R2 is so high lol

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu Mon 06 Aug 2018, 10:15 am

@Riri

Kylo has a double page spread feature. This is what it says in the last paragraph...

What makes Kylo so damn interesting -more so than Anakin in ROTS - is not that h is tempted by the dark side and drawn by a promise of greater power. Rather, evil is something he's been struggling to master, since being tilted in that direction by Lukes midnight misstep. Kylo's corruption is not a downhill slide. Its a tricky, treacherous uphill clamber
MrsWindu
MrsWindu
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Mon 06 Aug 2018, 11:58 am

@MrsWindu Thank you! Though as always, take bets how long before your scans surface on Reddit by somebody claiming that it was their issue?
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Mon 06 Aug 2018, 1:37 pm

@MrsWindu
Thank you Smile
That’s really interesting about kylo because it suggests and confirms to me what have always believed ( like you all do am sure )he’s not naturally dark - he’s from the light side like I believe Rey is from the dark . For him staying on the darkside is a real struggle .He fell to the dark because it’s the only way the force can bring balance . The force knows that for Ben staying on dark side will be a struggle just like staying on light side will be a struggle for Rey ( as her natural inclination would be the dark having come from there )And this is why I believe in Ben Solo because he won’t be corrupted by the dark side due to this . The force knew what it was doing when it made them go against their very nature and natural tendencies . It’s the only way to ensure balance and that one isn’t wholly dark or is wholly light. Wasn’t there a leak or rumour last year about Ben falling in Rey’s place ? Well I think this is why . The force knows what it’s doing. Smile
Ps/ sorry if am stating the obvious just excited to see empire confirming this .
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Mon 06 Aug 2018, 5:22 pm

First of all, @MrsWindu, thank you so much for sharing these scans with us. I loved to read about Kylo. Everything they said about him makes me think we are in the right direction about his character. He is not a 'pure evil' villain, but a tormented one, with more depth that we could reach.

My favorite part is, "both crossguard and jagged blade are the result of a cracked cyber crystal, providing a further connection between owner and weapon: both are riven to the core".

AhsokaTano wrote:@MrsWindu
Thank you Smile
That’s really interesting about kylo because it suggests and confirms to me what have always believed ( like you all do am sure )he’s not naturally dark - he’s from the light side like I believe Rey is from the dark . For him staying on the darkside is a real struggle .He fell to the dark because it’s the only way the force can bring balance . The force knows that for Ben staying on dark side will be a struggle just like staying on light side will be a struggle for Rey ( as her natural inclination would be the dark having come from there )And this is why I believe in Ben Solo because he won’t be corrupted by the dark side due to this . The force knew what it was doing when it made them go against their very nature and natural tendencies . It’s the only way to ensure balance and that one isn’t wholly dark or is wholly light. Wasn’t there a leak or rumour last year about Ben falling in Rey’s place ? Well I think this is why . The force knows what it’s doing. Smile
Ps/ sorry if am stating the obvious just excited to see empire confirming this .
@AhsokaTano

Yes, I think the same way, his evilness is a struggle for him.
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by loversinthestorm Mon 06 Aug 2018, 8:42 pm

That's amazing... Kylo is at the same level of popularity that the OT trio...

loversinthestorm
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri Tue 07 Aug 2018, 7:22 am

@MrsWindu

Do you have the full top 50? intrigued to know who else made the cut Smile

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu Tue 07 Aug 2018, 8:06 am

@Riri

Gawd dang I’m currently at departures and you just reminded me I didn’t bring my copy to read. I’m sure Nien Nuub was about 32. I guess the full list will be released in a few days
MrsWindu
MrsWindu
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by KiraRen2015 Tue 07 Aug 2018, 8:08 am

MrsWindu wrote:@Riri

Gawd dang I’m currently at departures and you just reminded me I didn’t bring my copy to read. I’m sure Nien Nuub was about 32. I guess the full list will be released in a few days
@MrsWindu

Any way you can go buy a book very quickly? I recommend the new Thrawn book! So good!

Sorry I know this is off-topic!
KiraRen2015
KiraRen2015
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu Tue 07 Aug 2018, 8:25 am

KiraRen2015 wrote:
MrsWindu wrote:@Riri

@MrsWindu

Any way you can go buy a book very quickly? I recommend the new Thrawn book! So good!

Sorry I know this is off-topic!
@KiraRen2015

Ha yes!!! I just got up and bought the last copy and just read the first page. Alliances by the pool - check ! (Sorry off topic - excitement on several
levels )
MrsWindu
MrsWindu
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 20 Empty Rey's update..

Post by DeeBee Thu 09 Aug 2018, 4:54 am

hiya! Just thought I'd share.. Rey's main databank entry has a new image.
The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 20 Main_s10
I like it!!
this was the previous version:
The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 20 Rey_ma10

Rey's series of quotes has also finally been added to her entry.. here goes:
The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 20 Rey_qu10
interesting choices... the choice of quotes seems to move Rey from innocence and wonder - to a knowing and wise determination..
Go Rey!
sunny
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Thu 09 Aug 2018, 5:17 am

@DeeBee
Thanks for sharing that - yes a wise and knowing determination indeed! Smile
So just for fun i will predict - rey ends up on green planet with Ben ( chandrila ie Scottish highlands ), her awakening wasn’t just the force but was Ben and feelings he has awakened in her and that last picture with caption speaks volumes to me ! Don’t underestimate Ben Solo ! He will surprise us all ( well maybe not here because we all believe in him ). Also like the wording here and how they dissociate Ben solo from skywalker and how they are stressing that . We know he’s a skywalker of course but way they are stressing the wording here and how they stressed that episode 9 would be the final “ skywalker “ saga suggests to me yes it’s a closure regarding the original trilogy characters but beginning of a new era - The Solo’s! Very Happy cheers
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette Fri 10 Aug 2018, 6:36 am

DeeBee wrote:hiya! Just thought I'd share.. Rey's main databank entry has a new image.
The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 20 Main_s10
I like it!!
this was the previous version:
The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 20 Rey_ma10

Rey's series of quotes has also finally been added to her entry.. here goes:
The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 20 Rey_qu10
interesting choices... the choice of quotes seems to move Rey from innocence and wonder - to a knowing and wise determination..
Go Rey!
sunny
@DeeBee

I really like this new image of Rey, apart from the movie I think we've never seen it.
Concerning the quotes, can I chuckle about the lack of subtlety about the middle one, look at the form of the entrance! The quote and image associated scream metaphore for sexual awakening to me.
Like you, I interpret this triptych as Rey's evolution; the wonder of childhood, the awakening of adolescence and the wisdom of adulthood.

AhsokaTano wrote:@DeeBee
Thanks for sharing that - yes a wise and knowing determination indeed! Smile
So just for fun i will predict - rey ends up on green planet with Ben ( chandrila ie Scottish highlands ), her awakening wasn’t just the force but was Ben and feelings he has awakened in her and that last picture with caption speaks volumes to me ! Don’t underestimate Ben Solo ! He will surprise us all ( well maybe not here because we all believe in him ). Also like the wording here and how they dissociate Ben solo from skywalker and how they are stressing that . We know he’s a skywalker of course but way they are stressing the wording here and how they stressed that episode 9 would be the final “ skywalker “ saga suggests to me yes it’s a closure regarding the original trilogy characters but beginning of a new era - The Solo’s! Very Happy cheers
@AhsokaTano

Well, you may be right. If fans complain there is still a Skywalker at the end of the Skywalker Saga when Ben Solo survive this trilogy ( Cool) , Lucasfilm can always use a good old 'From a certain point of view, the Skywlaker Saga ended and now the Solo Saga begins'.
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Tue 14 Aug 2018, 3:56 am

In celebration of the wonderfulness that is Rose Tico - I thought I'd share her starwars.com databank quotes
The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 20 Quotes13
Rose is the beating heart of TLJ! I hope we see her on take a wonderful, inspiring journey in IX!
[KMT - you rock!]
sunny
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 Wed 15 Aug 2018, 8:00 pm

The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 20 Tumblr_inline_pdimihfowF1v3qu4s_500
"As Rey and Ren console each other, with their hands barely touching..." H-beating  H-beating  H-beating
Source: https://desertcirce.tumblr.com/post/177030965676/the-force-connection-between-rey-and-kylo-ren
Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Wed 15 Aug 2018, 9:24 pm

Hmm, consoling and nurturing each other. Sure sounds like enemies to me!
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dementor Fri 17 Aug 2018, 6:25 pm

snufkin wrote:Hmm, consoling and nurturing each other. Sure sounds like enemies to me!
@snufkin 17.08.2018

Absolutely. It's how kids show their hatred and disdain nowadays.

Darth Dementor
Darth Dementor

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sat 18 Aug 2018, 2:42 am

Darth Dementor wrote:
snufkin wrote:Hmm, consoling and nurturing each other. Sure sounds like enemies to me!
@snufkin 17.08.2018

Absolutely. It's how kids show their hatred and disdain nowadays.

@Darth Dementor

Ha that reminds me, didn’t you have a bet with a friend over TLJ and how this specific relationship would turn out?
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 27 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 23 ... 27  Next