Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Rey Kenobi Files

+39
Gemini
BigDeal2187
Night Huntress
special_cases
Lovely_Rose
spacebaby45678
AhsokaTano
DeeBee
Tex
MaddieDove
Socialnole
TheBastardofMandalore
Casper
motherofpearl1
MrsWindu
Mila Lazarus
fuhry
bashfulblueeyes3
LadyGaufrette
Apriljandy
nickandnora
Starliteprism
Teo oswald
giaciak2
SkyStar
Kylo Men
ReyofLightSide
Saracene
Acritiqua
ZioRen
Darth Rowan
Xylo Ren
Little_Boots
Kessel
Kyla Ren
rey09
Darth Dementor
reylo1992
FrolickingFizzgig
43 posters

Page 23 of 31 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 27 ... 31  Next

Go down

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 23 Empty Re: The Rey Kenobi Files

Post by fuhry Thu 03 Oct 2019, 9:42 am

@fuhry
I find it interesting that Sabine's family was matriarchal (I think, based on what I read) therefore it would have been traditional for offspring to take the mother's name. So... if Rey was hers, she might have actually GONE by the name "Wren."

One guess as to what I think Rey's real first name might have been in that case? Smile

As for the history of the Knights themselves, I'll just say this: I suspect that either a) the Knights existed as a group before Kylo but weren't called anything, or b) they are the remaining students of Luke's and therefore would have been connected to Kylo at the outset. Either way, I'm coming to believe that Kylo came up with the name himself (both "Kylo" and "Ren"). And if he did...

This is just one very specific theory I have though. I'm not sure how likely I think it is, or how much I'm married to it, but I will say that when the early spoilers started indicating the whole thing about force flash fights, and jumping around in place and time, etc I started to go hmmmmm. Because that's what would be needed for my theory, to connect it to the red string of fate type of thing.
@nickandnora My feeling at this point is that the Knights of Ren already existed, because they are part of Palpatine's contigency plan, tasked with finding the ancient Sith technology necessary to return Palpatine to the land of the living. And that, even though Kylo joins them and eventually leads them, he doesn't actually know their true purpose. But then, what happened to the rest of Luke's students that fled with Kylo? It does make sense that they would be the Knights of Ren. But where did that 'Ren' come from? Wren? or does Ren stand for something... like "Return Emperor Nightbrother" ? lol. Lots of moving parts.
fuhry
fuhry
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Thu 03 Oct 2019, 12:26 pm

fuhry wrote:
@fuhry
I find it interesting that Sabine's family was matriarchal (I think, based on what I read) therefore it would have been traditional for offspring to take the mother's name. So... if Rey was hers, she might have actually GONE by the name "Wren."

One guess as to what I think Rey's real first name might have been in that case? Smile

As for the history of the Knights themselves, I'll just say this: I suspect that either a) the Knights existed as a group before Kylo but weren't called anything, or b) they are the remaining students of Luke's and therefore would have been connected to Kylo at the outset. Either way, I'm coming to believe that Kylo came up with the name himself (both "Kylo" and "Ren"). And if he did...

This is just one very specific theory I have though. I'm not sure how likely I think it is, or how much I'm married to it, but I will say that when the early spoilers started indicating the whole thing about force flash fights, and jumping around in place and time, etc I started to go hmmmmm. Because that's what would be needed for my theory, to connect it to the red string of fate type of thing.
@nickandnora My feeling at this point is that the Knights of Ren already existed, because they are part of Palpatine's contigency plan, tasked with finding the ancient Sith technology necessary to return Palpatine to the land of the living. And that, even though Kylo joins them and eventually leads them, he doesn't actually know their true purpose. But then, what happened to the rest of Luke's students that fled with Kylo? It does make sense that they would be the Knights of Ren. But where did that 'Ren' come from? Wren? or does Ren stand for something... like "Return Emperor Nightbrother" ? lol. Lots of moving parts.
@fuhry

I think this is brilliant! Especially since Kylo's theme has the emperors them more than Rey's.. Kylo has unwittingly been under the influence of the Emperor the whole time.

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Thu 03 Oct 2019, 1:46 pm

So I've just realised why this column looks slightly different to the one obi climbed around. It appears that Darth Vader learned his lesson from the destruction  of the first death star and put the area which disables the beam out of reach!The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 23 Screen25

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 23 Screen26
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Fri 04 Oct 2019, 5:50 am

Okay here is our first good look at Pryde... I don't know guys.. he looks so mean and ornery...

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 23 Tumblr_pyuh65x0iX1y8hadgo1_250

OBI WAN from

The second draft of the RotJ script on blueharvest.net has this version of the exchange:

I don't blame you for being angry. If I was wrong in what I did, it certainly wouldn't have been for the first time. You see, what happened to your father was my fault.

When I first knew him, your father was already a great pilot. But I was amazed how strongly the Force was with him. I took it upon myself to train him as a Jedi. I thought that I could instruct him just as well as Yoda. I was wrong. My pride has had terrible consequences for the galaxy.

I also thought he could be turned back to the good side. It couldn't be done. He is more machine now than man. Twisted and evil.

I wish he had left more of these lines in the final script. It would reinforce the notion that he was not ambitious, and that while he didn't doubt his abilities he didn't believe he was as powerful or as skilled as he actually was...and the one time where he felt he could take on a great task - in training Anakin - he failed, and in the years he spent in exile on Tatooine he kept attributing that failure to a single act of pride.
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BigDeal2187 Sat 05 Oct 2019, 10:51 am

Saw this in the other thread and thought it was worth putting here:
The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 23 Screen27

Well, well, well.
BigDeal2187
BigDeal2187
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Sat 05 Oct 2019, 2:04 pm

@BigDeal2187

Would you consider this a spoiler?

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 23 Tumblr_pyx0wcmlij1y8hadgo1_1280

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore Sat 05 Oct 2019, 11:51 pm

nickandnora wrote:
fuhry wrote:
TheBastardofMandalore wrote:
nickandnora wrote:
fuhry wrote:@nickandnora I tell you what though - I doubt they would introduce a character named Pryde and a character named Kryze in the same movie.  It's the same reason that Sabine Wren can't be Rey's mom!  
@fuhry
Hmmm, you think not (because of the name "Ren" I assume)? Sabine is actually my #1 choice for Rey's mom (my #2 choice being: "(a) filthy junk trader who sold [her] for drinking money") and it's almost precisely *because* her name is Wren (though not the only reason).

It's complicated to explain in words, but wouldn't necessarily be complex to explain on film (and of course it's just a theory). But there's something "red string of fate" - esque about my idea, I'll put it that way.

Unless there's some other in canon reason that I'm not aware of that excludes her from being Rey's mom.

@nickandnora

You’re not alone in holding onto the theory of Sabine being Rey’s Mom. I’ve been pushing that theory, as well, since 2016. It just makes sense! As you said...red string of fate. Wink
@TheBastardofMandalore

I like it - perhaps the knights of Ren are actually mandalorians from the clan Wren who break from the clan and alter their name.  Wren becomes Ren, Kryze becomes Pryde!  That’s how Kylo knows about “what girl”
@fuhry

@nickandnora

From what I remember from “Rebels Recon” (the Rebels post episode show) Dave Filoni said that Mandalorian surnames were inherited based on clan/House hierarchy. It makes sense since Mandalorian culture is neither matriarchal or patriarchal. Both men and women have equal status. The word for both mother and father is Buir. There is no distinction. Alrich Wren took Ursa’s name because her clan had more status. Clan Kryze is a ruling House and would have higher status than clan Wren. If Korkie and Sabine do end up together, and are Rey’s parents, most likely Rey would inherit the Kryze name.
TheBastardofMandalore
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora Sun 06 Oct 2019, 1:59 am

nickandnora wrote:
fuhry wrote:
nickandnora wrote:
fuhry wrote:@nickandnora I tell you what though - I doubt they would introduce a character named Pryde and a character named Kryze in the same movie.  It's the same reason that Sabine Wren can't be Rey's mom!  
@fuhry
Hmmm, you think not (because of the name "Ren" I assume)? Sabine is actually my #1 choice for Rey's mom (my #2 choice being: "(a) filthy junk trader who sold [her] for drinking money") and it's almost precisely *because* her name is Wren (though not the only reason).

It's complicated to explain in words, but wouldn't necessarily be complex to explain on film (and of course it's just a theory). But there's something "red string of fate" - esque about my idea, I'll put it that way.

Unless there's some other in canon reason that I'm not aware of that excludes her from being Rey's mom.

@nickandnora

You’re not alone in holding onto the theory of Sabine being Rey’s Mom. I’ve been pushing that theory, as well, since 2016. It just makes sense! As you said...red string of fate. Wink
@TheBastardofMandalore

I like it - perhaps the knights of Ren are actually mandalorians from the clan Wren who break from the clan and alter their name.  Wren becomes Ren, Kryze becomes Pryde!  That’s how Kylo knows about “what girl”
@fuhry

@nickandnora

From what I remember from “Rebels Recon” (the Rebels post episode show) Dave Filoni said that Mandalorian surnames were inherited based on clan/House hierarchy. It makes sense since Mandalorian culture is neither matriarchal or patriarchal. Both men and women have equal status. The word for both mother and father is Buir. There is no distinction. Alrich Wren took Ursa’s name because her clan had more status. Clan Kryze is a ruling House and would have higher status than clan Wren. If Korkie and Sabine do end up together, and are Rey’s parents, most likely Rey would inherit the Kryze name.
@TheBastardofMandalore

I suppose it would depend on what's happened to Korkie's family since the last time they appeared in canon though, no?

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore Sun 06 Oct 2019, 2:54 am

nickandnora wrote:
nickandnora wrote:
fuhry wrote:
nickandnora wrote:
@fuhry

@nickandnora

@TheBastardofMandalore

@fuhry

@nickandnora

@TheBastardofMandalore

I suppose it would depend on what's happened to Korkie's family since the last time they appeared in canon though, no?
@nickandnora

True, it’s entirely possible that Korkie could have become so disillusioned with his family and people that he cast off his name and birthrights (the throne), or clan Kryze status as a dominant House was stripped. There are so many unknowns.  It would make for an interesting twist. I’m excited to see what’s next though. I’m sure the Lucasfilm story group won’t disappoint.
TheBastardofMandalore
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by fuhry Sun 06 Oct 2019, 9:50 am

@TheBastardofMandalore @nickandnora The last time the clan Kryze appears in canon, to my knowledge, is on Rebels, here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HGawrMI53Y

It's interesting, and I definitely found it interesting at the time, that the Clan Kryze representative, and only the Clan Kryze representative, is helmeted. (go to about :38 seconds in) Who is the Clan Kryze representative? I figured it has to be Korkie, right? But they purposely kept his helmet on . They didn't do that by accident. They purposely kept Korkie Kryze's whereabouts unknown. You have to ask yourself why, and the answer has to be that they had other plans for Korkie. And since this was very near the end of the Rebels series, those plans were not having to do with the Rebels series but with something else.

It would make sense that the second in command of Clan Kryze, after Bo-Katan herself, would be Korkie. And we would recognize his face if we saw it. If we saw a different face, fans would ask questions. I think it means that 1. They didn't want to admit that it wasn't Korkie and 2. That's probably because it's not actually Korkie and 3. If that's not Korkie, Korkie either dead, captured somewhere, or joined the Imperials.
fuhry
fuhry
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore Sun 06 Oct 2019, 10:07 am

fuhry wrote:@TheBastardofMandalore @nickandnora The last time the clan Kryze appears in canon, to my knowledge, is on Rebels, here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HGawrMI53Y

It's interesting, and I definitely found it interesting at the time, that the Clan Kryze representative, and only the Clan Kryze representative, is helmeted. (go to about :38 seconds in) Who is the Clan Kryze representative? I figured it has to be Korkie, right? But they purposely kept his helmet on . They didn't do that by accident. They purposely kept Korkie Kryze's whereabouts unknown. You have to ask yourself why, and the answer has to be that they had other plans for Korkie. And since this was very near the end of the Rebels series, those plans were not having to do with the Rebels series but with something else.

It would make sense that the second in command of Clan Kryze, after Bo-Katan herself, would be Korkie. And we would recognize his face if we saw it. If we saw a different face, fans would ask questions. I think it means that 1. They didn't want to admit that it wasn't Korkie and 2. That's probably because it's not actually Korkie and 3. If that's not Korkie, Korkie either dead, captured somewhere, or joined the Imperials.
@fuhry

I agree that they have other plans for Korkie. His story has too much “The Lion King” / “LOTR: RotK” potential to pass up.
TheBastardofMandalore
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Mon 07 Oct 2019, 4:58 am

Okay bare with me folks..  I have to do this... I can't stop myself.. lol...

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 23 Tumblr_pyzztwxi9Y1y8hadgo1_400

In the Jungle the quiet jungle the lion sleeps tonight...

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 23 3NPZDrzWY_leCw-BpCIG608jbhx0SpOFEIGnf9ckaO3VQizq3t7nuTRz5IinPh75oaRuJPm991Xaa8bK6kFAWX0dhcfWErtpW55643UlXfOwn_VgvDXARKI9o-IeibWvcFEpVGa3

What does Paasana mean...?

No Pasa Nada
    Paasana

No Pasa Nada! It Means No Worries!
The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 23 Giphy
The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 23 Rise-of-skywalker-finn-rey-poe-desert
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Mon 07 Oct 2019, 1:35 pm

Rey Kenobi... dead in Miami again.. mmmmm Suspect  What a Face

The Jedi Order itself demands many acts of self sacrifice in service to the greater good. Like most Jedi, Obi-Wan Kenobi was brought to the Temple at a young age to begin his training — an age too young to even know or remember the family he was born to. Throughout the years, Kenobi rejected personal attachments, including the strong feelings he had for the Duchess of Mandalore Satine Kryze, to stay true to the principles of the Jedi Order.
After Order 66 all but destroyed the Jedi, Kenobi continued to live by the principles of the Order and protected the son of Skywalker in the hopes that he’d one day help restore balance, patiently waiting until the time was right to train Luke in the ways of the Force. Repeatedly throughout his life, Kenobi’s actions were driven not by his desires, but his belief in serving the larger cause he felt the Jedi represented. And ultimately, he gave his life so Luke and his friends could escape from the Death Star and live to fight another day.

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 23 Star-wars-a-new-hope-obi-wan-2

We all want to believe in something bigger than ourselves, to belong to a family — blood or found — to be a part of something more important than the sum of our own lives. Star Wars stories are filled with selfless acts of courage and bravery that are the heart and soul of many individual journeys as well as the saga itself.

https://www.starwars.com/news/lessons-from-the-star-wars-saga-sacrifice
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Tue 08 Oct 2019, 6:49 am

And also this from StarWars.com for the 10th anniversary rewatch of TCW

A Voyage of Temptation re-watch

analysis:

Obi-Wan Kenobi is so poised and reserved most of the time, the even-keeled master to Anakin Skywalker’s impatient Padawan, but here we get a glimpse at their similar hearts, and a deeper understanding of Kenobi’s struggles during his time learning from Qui-Gon Jinn.

A scene from "Voyage of Temptation."

As it turns out, Obi-Wan and Anakin have both grappled with the Jedi’s doctrine to avoid attachments. Although it’s unclear how much truth is in the confession “Obi” and Satine make to each other just before turning the tables on the traitorous Senator Tal Merrik, there’s certainly something in their history that’s been left unresolved and seems quite intimate. “Had you said the word, I would have left the Jedi Order,” he tells her. All the most believable lies include shades of the truth.
You can see the way it weighs on Obi-Wan, perhaps as dormant feelings bubble back to the surface as he’s reunited with Satine. You can see it when the two fight, back to back once more, an unstoppable team united against the impending threat.
And this dichotomy, of master and apprentice as well as surface duties versus hidden emotions, is reflected in the goings on aboard the Coronet.

Then of course we have The Academy. Written by Katie Lucas daughter of George Lucas where this little dude shows up

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 23 Tumblr_inline_pq746rCdQb1uhtmbe_1280

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 23 Tumblr_inline_pq7473qkHA1uhtmbe_1280
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BigDeal2187 Wed 09 Oct 2019, 11:46 pm

Ok so I watched this:
The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 23 Nyccro10

I'm glad this shot was discussed because I hadn't thought about it in that way:
The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 23 Reyloo10
It has a much different/deeper meaning if Rey is a Kenobi than if she's a random (arbitrary!) character.
Or maybe Vader didn't take Obi-Wan's saber after all and she needs the kyber crystal from it?
The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 23 Reysab10

Hopefully we'll get some decent clues from the trailer
BigDeal2187
BigDeal2187
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Thu 10 Oct 2019, 6:02 am

Kenobi retrospective

Ok so I’m going to write a big old post here about everything which I think was pointing to Rey Kenobi from pre-production of TFA to where we are at with TROS. If we are wrong, this is a big waste of time but, never mind. Its fun to just recap sometimes, I love breaking down visuals and clues. I’m going to also talk about how these are not just pointless callbacks. In film, nothing is really supposed to be meaningless, every moment of dialogue, every moment of visual storytelling is meant to either push the story forward or reveal something about a character and the past. It’s a form of showing exposition without info dumping. Everything in a story must be relevant to the ending of the film. Everything you see must lead to it, every bit of dialogue, every bit of visual storytelling…

I’ll split into two post

PART 1
PRE PRODUCTION

1. The early rumors from the very first days of production There was originally meant to be two descendants of Vader and one descendant of Obi Wan Kenobi.

2. The pre-production. Rey was originally called Kira. Meaning royalty in Russian. George Lucas’ son described Rey as Anastasia. A Russian (Duchess/Royal?) who did not know who she was due to getting amnesia following the murder of her family. She is left abandoned and in hiding.

3. In the concept art of Phantom Menace, we see Obi Wan with a constellation on his forehead. This exact same pattern actually made it into The Force Awakens in the form of the map leading to Luke Skywalker. The missing puzzle piece so to speak is literally connected to Obi Wan Kenobi. This also means that early concept art of Obi Wan is significant and was taken into account when making TFA.

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 23 Sss10 The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 23 The-ma11

4. The concept art of Rey in The art of TFA book, early concepts of Kira/Rey have a tattoo on her head like the early concept art of Obi Wan. She also has the exact same hair style as Obi Wan Kenobi concept art from the Phantom Menace.

5. Kira/Rey was originally meant to have an arch enemy which is a female Darth Maul. Darth Maul is Obi Wan’s arch nemesis. This villain then became Kylo Ren (Vader 2.0). The other nemesis of Obi Wan. Also the man Obi wan himself didn't manage to prevent falling to the dark side..(his grand child might be able to finish what he started?)

6. Kira/Rey in the concept art was depicted as a mixed race girl/Asian girl.

7. In the early days of casting, a mixed race girl was cast and she let slip in an interview that she was going to play the grand daughter of Obi Wan Kenobi. Suddenly she’s removed from production? Hmmmmmmmmmmm. Suspicious as fook.

8. There were also other rumors about Obi Wan’s grand child being in the works from insiders in the casting process. This is what the young women were all told when auditioning.

9. In the Phantom Mencace concept art, Obi wan has a grey outfit with low cut sleeves and very interesting shoulder pads and high collar. It looks very similar to what Rey is wearing in TFA when she finally meets Luke using the very map which matches the Obi Wan Kenobi concept art tattoo. I don’t think this is a mere coincidence, it’s far too similar.

10. There is a light saber in Kylos hand in TFA trailer. It was supposed to originally be in the vision sequence just as he and Rey look at eachother. This saber (which appears to not be Anakin’s) was not visible in TFA because we do not see Kylos hand clearly. It being hidden actually makes the story in the final version of TFA very confusing on basic linear and visual level.

In fact if you place this saber back into the final product it explains what is going on in the vision sequence and it explains why Kylo reacts so strangely to hearing about a girl before he even meets her. The saber/object being placed back in, visually and narratively suggests that Kylo saw Rey when he touched this object. Whatever saber/artifact that was. IMO it was the key to the entire story. Kylo is supposedly holding the key to the story (as was confirmed officially, recently.) I think the mystery saber/object is Obi Wans Saber which became lost after Vader took it. However it may not be, but what ever he was holding is the key to unlocking the secrets of the entire saga either way. IMO.

THE FORCE AWAKENS

1. Plot point - The opening scrawl is practically setting up the entire theme and story of the Sequel Trilogy by saying the Skywalkers are in a mess and they are literally in the same position as they were in for ANH.

Leia is in desperate need of hope and help (again). Vader is not here this time but his Grandson (Leia’s only child) now fills this role. He has fallen to the dark side. Luke needs to be found and called to adventure (again). In ANH, enter Obi Wan Kenobi aka Leias only hope. He is the one who kicks Luke into his hero’s journey, ultimately helping the redemption of Vader.  Only problem is that this time Obi Wan Kenobi is not there to answer this call and push the story we are about to see into full momentum…until…a certain someone enters the scene.

2. Plot moving forward and character revelation - The (possible) granddaughter of Obi Wan Kenobi is introduced living in solitary on a sand planet salvaging broken things. She is marking down the days like Obi Wan did on her wall. She quickly tosses aside an actual meaningless callback in the form of Luke’s resistance helmet the second her real story starts. This is here to visually tell the audience she is NOT a Skywalker.

3. Plot moving forward and character revelation - She hears a Droid in trouble and leaps into immediate action Just like Obi Wan Kenobi (This droid will lead her to Luke Skywalker just like R2D2 led Obi to Luke in A New Hope).  This time, Kenobi is the protagonist so we see it unfold from the Kenobi PoV. Not the PoV of the Droid and the Skywalker. This moment is the start of the “something inside Rey guides her” theme. It happens to be something Obi Wan once did when we are first introduced to him in the Saga.

Just a mere pointless nonsense right? One that has directly answered the problem raised at the start of this story. All pointless, meaningless, nonsense?. No, hopefully not. It was never meaningless, it served 100% purpose to the plot and reveals something about the main character of Rey and moves the story forward. Its IMO incredibly insulting to suggest the filmmakers are stupid enough to actually add pointless nonsense into a story, IMO. These people are very educated in the art of storytelling, visual storytelling and directing. No one adds pointless crap with no meaning to the end. (even RJ hopefully).  When they do it’s an absolute disaster. Look at Game of Thrones and all the abandoned plot points. Horrendous flop. (sorry rant over)

4. Callback and character revealing moment – The droids are not for sale (mirrors Obi Wan saying the droids are for sale. Here is another moment where something inside Rey’s gut makes her not get rid of the droid. Like someone is telling her not to because the Droid is of paramount importance to her and the future. Just happens to be an Obi wan gut deciding moment…..again.

5. Possible character back story revealing moment – 14 PARSECS. A Solo/TFA cross over. 14 Parsecs to complete a Kessel run! This is something only Qira (Kira…hmmm), Lando, Han and Chewie know about because they were there. Han spreads the lie of 12 across the galaxy, not the truth, he rounds it down. Rey either learned this from the wookies or from someone else connected to that Kessel run. Qira?

Qira is relevant? Yes. Qira is connected to Dath Maul now, and darth Maul is heavily connected to Obi Wan Kenobi. Qira is now being linked to the ST. (More to come on this later)

6. Possible character back story revealing moment -  Han Solo the SMUGGLER! Again, Qi’Ra and Lando knew him as this, not the War Hero. Which is what the majority of the galaxy know him as…

7. Callback and possible lineage revealing moment -  Rey behaves like Satine did in the clone wars in the Millenium Falcon when sealing the doors.

8. Lineage and character revealing moment and plot moving forward moment - REY’S CALL TO ADVENTURE AND DESTINY – Her call reveals what she must do and who she is. Anakins lightsaber calls to Rey to adventure (using her past as a crying child to lure her in.)   The Saber is in a chest, just like Obi Wan had it stored before he uses it to push Luke ont his quest.

Rey touches the lightsaber and we now learn what her role in this saga is and what her call to adventure is (and possibly a reveal of character.) Her destiny is to save the fallen grand child of Anakin/Darth Vader aka Kylo Ren. Once we see the end of TFA we see the second purpose she has with the Saber. The purpose of taking the saber was to give it to Luke Skywalker just like what OBI wan does with it in ANH (this act prompted by Maz).

She refuses the call until she is forced to face the thing she is running from, her destiny (to SAVE Kylo Ren and find Luke). It never meant she was a Skywalker, it was never pointless, it never meant Random.  Her whole journey in TFA is Obi Wan Kenobi in ANH. It’s her entire story and destiny in this movie.

The second we see her past abandonment revealed in the forceback, she runs and Obi Wan Kenobi calls to Rey by her name (To which she actually visually responds to like WHO THE HELL ARE YOU?) and he prqactically tells her that facing Kylo Ren is her first step. This is active dialogue. Not pointless, not random nonsense call back. Obi Wan Kenobi is calling to Rey after she sees her past and he tells her what to do. It moves the plot forward and possibly reveals who she may very well be. Never pointless. Nothing is.

PART 2 coming soon

Last edited by Gemini on Thu 10 Oct 2019, 8:31 am; edited 3 times in total
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Thu 10 Oct 2019, 8:17 am

BigDeal2187 wrote:Ok so I watched this:
The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 23 Nyccro10

I'm glad this shot was discussed because I hadn't thought about it in that way:
The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 23 Reyloo10
It has a much different/deeper meaning if Rey is a Kenobi than if she's a random (arbitrary!) character.
Or maybe Vader didn't take Obi-Wan's saber after all and she needs the kyber crystal from it?
The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 23 Reysab10

Hopefully we'll get some decent clues from the trailer
@BigDeal2187

Me too! The first time I heard Gem's interpretation of that scene visually.. I was like

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 23 Giphy

Okay on or the road today... SPOILER from the TROS Monopoly game

The jungle planet that the lion ( Rey ) is on has a name AJAN KLOSS

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 23 Tumblr_pz4maiaGjI1y8hadgo1_1280

Now.. I found this on reddit and posters were intuitivly thinking KLOSS meant CLAWS mmmm might suggest Lion's Claws...

So AJAN... is it meaningless?

A JAN is either Han or John ( Wan) Juan... Han's Claws?? or Wan's Claws.. funny that Wan and Han are the same name John

Han =
Word/name: Pet form of Johannes...Ioannes, (Latin: Iohannes Augustus) known in English as Joannes or even John,
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Thu 10 Oct 2019, 8:55 am

BTW..forgot to mention

TFA trailer they each express their goal/character flaw which changes?

"I will finish what you started"....no you wont, kylo

"I've got nothing to fight for."...yes you do, finn.

"I'm no one"...No you're...….not, Rey.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by fuhry Thu 10 Oct 2019, 10:52 am

@Gemini Awesome! I may not totally agree with everything, but I couldn't agree more with the central premise. Whether one has seen starwars OT first or PT first, it's hard to deny the importance of Obi-wan to all six of those movies. I've said this before and I'll say it again:

ANH: Obi-wan literally picks Luke up and takes him from farm boy to Rebellion hero
TESB: Obi-wan shows Luke the way to Yoda, which is extremely important in his development.
ROTJ: Obi-wan reveals (or helps Luke figure out) that Leia is his sister.
TPM: We actually come into the story before Anakin's arrival and Obi-wan is one of the first two Jedi we see.
AOTC: This movie begins and ends exploring the state of Anakin's relationship with Obi-wan.
ROTS: The famous, long awaited battle between Obi-wan and Anakin in which he truly becomes the Darth Vader we all know.

Clone wars: pretty much equally about Obi-wan and Anakin. Several side plots concentrating on Obi-wan, including a several episode exploration of a past romance.

Now, in a sequel trilogy in which we follow the grandson of Vader, the only presence of Obi-wan throughout the first two movies is a snippet of a voice saying "Rey, these are your first steps".

No mention of Obi-wan from Luke or yoda. No presence of Obi-wan on Atch-to. At this point, Obi-wan is conspicuously absent from the ST. And we still have a protagonist with a mysterious, largely unexplored origin.

J.J. has mentioned that he thought leaving Palpatine out of the ST would be strange given his role in the PT and OT. Also, he's mentioned he's wrapping up not just the ST but the entire saga. By the same logic, leaving Obi-wan out would also be strange.

Now it's possible there is no Obi-wan descendant in ROTS. But I think, given what this movie is, that would be almost bizarre. As much as Palpatine was the devil on Anakin's shoulder in the PT, Obi-wan was the angel on the other shoulder. Not a perfect angel, mind you. Who is the angel on Kylo Ren's shoulder? In the first six movies, the Skywalkers are the center of the saga, they are all tugged on one side by Palpatine and on the other side by Kenobi.

I continue to believe that after this movie comes out, Rey Kenobi is going to look like the most obvious thing in the world, and everyone's going to wonder why they never saw it. The reason is they did a very clever job of hiding it.
fuhry
fuhry
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by BigDeal2187 Thu 10 Oct 2019, 12:09 pm

fuhry wrote:J.J. has mentioned that he thought leaving Palpatine out of the ST would be strange given his role in the PT and OT.  Also, he's mentioned he's wrapping up not just the ST but the entire saga.  By the same logic, leaving Obi-wan out would also be strange.
@fuhry

Bingo. cheers
BigDeal2187
BigDeal2187
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Sat 12 Oct 2019, 4:25 am

Star Wars Kids Roll out is absolutely adorable... but are there any adult size clues being given? Mmm.. Rey's Secret Treasure has two that I can glean out...

Rey finds a small lone lily inside a destroyer wreckage and waters it...
The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 23 Tumblr_pz8exopul31y8hadgo1_1280

A death star/tie fighter ball tries to roll over her.. she jumps over it...
The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 23 Tumblr_pz8e3guCNM1y8hadgo4_540

she escapes the marauders and finds more lilies, and returns the lone lilly to its family
The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 23 Tumblr_pz982wVC4W1y8hadgo1_1280

She pulls a string
The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 23 Tumblr_pz8e3guCNM1y8hadgo3_540

Finds treasure

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 23 Tumblr_pz8e3guCNM1y8hadgo5_540

I have seen a comparison to the lily for Ben as she will help to resurrect him and Lilies do have a representation for resurrection
However, there is a Star Wars character who actually wore Lillies Calla Lillies....

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 23 Tumblr_pz98arU94C1y8hadgo1_400

The flowers have an interesting mythological history. Calla lilies are said to come from the ancient god Hera, the wife of Zeus. In the story, Zeus brought Hercules to nurse from his wife while she was sleeping. He wanted his son to have the strength of the gods. Hera awoke and pushed the baby away from her. Drops of milk flew across the sky creating the milky way and everywhere they landed on earth, calla lilies bloomed.
They also have been tied to Venus in Roman mythology. Venus saw the flower and felt her beauty was threatened by its pure white blossom so she cursed it with an unsightly pistil.
Meanings of the different colors:
White symbolizes purity and innocence.Lily Meaning
Lilies most commonly mean devotion or purity, though meaning can vary by type of lily, culture, and color.
Because of the Greek myth of Hera and Zeus, lilies are associated with rebirth and motherhood.
In China, lilies are used in weddings because they are tied to 100 years of love. They are also tied to good luck.
Assyrians and Babylonians associated lilies with the goddess of fertility, Ishtar.
Christians associated lilies, especially Madonna lilies, with the Virgin Mary.

Okay... now for the Death Star/Tie Fighter trying to roll over her... I think that it represents how Obi Wan dies... in the death star at the hands of Vader who flew a tie fighter in ANH.. which Rey escapes ..

I think Rey is the little lost lily and the treasure she seeks is within herself...

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Sat 12 Oct 2019, 5:45 am

Look at the blue bits!
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Sat 12 Oct 2019, 5:59 am

Gemini wrote:Look at the blue bits!
@Gemini

I know the animators could have easily made the pistol yellow like common Callo lillies

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 23 Tumblr_pz8e3guCNM1y8hadgo1_250
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Sat 12 Oct 2019, 6:17 am

Satine is her grand mother Smile

Dont let the past die, Rey.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Sat 12 Oct 2019, 1:32 pm

Okay guys.. this is the last weekend before we get some major clues. I am not sure what to expect on the Kenobi front or will Rey Kenobi be found dead in Miami again!... however in lieu of the anticipated trailer I have actually started to pay closer attention to JP's leaks and J>W leaks

here is the parentage portion of the leaks from JP

While on Kijimi, Kylo initiates another mind bond with Rey to try and divine her location a second time. Kylo spends much of this time antagonizing Rey, some of this conversation revolves around her parents and the truth behind the dagger. It was once used to murder her parents. Many years ago, Ochee was sent to murder Rey’s parents who were trying to hide Rey from the galaxy. Ochee succeeded, leaving her parents as nobodies to be forgotten by that galaxy. Where Ochee failed was with Rey. He could not find her so he left her behind on Jakku. This is what Rey remembers, the ship leaving in the wake of her parent’s murder, not her parents abandoning her. Rey lashes out at Kylo during this bond and their lightsabers clash. Having gotten everything he needed from Rey during this session, he cuts off the bond.

then there is this version

The underground place is Ochi’s tomb. Ochi is the character they believe gets stabbed by the Sith dagger and was a Resistance contact who knew something of Palpatine or Unknown Regions which is where they find the Sith Dagger. The worm incident happens and our heroes are able to escape but they’re cut off from the Millennium Falcon, presumably as it was found by the First Order and Rey has a premonition that Kylo Ren is out there, so leaves to confront him leaving Finn and Poe to fix Ochi’s ship so they can escape. Rey confronts Kylo in his TIE, this is where the jump from the teaser happens then Rey cuts it and the TIE crashes about 100 meters away then Rey and Ren fight.

then this

Heard Rey’s parents might show up as ghosts. Rolling Eyes

Kylo reveals that there is more to the story behind Rey and her parents. Rey is the granddaughter of Emperor Palpatine. He tells her that they are meant to join together on the dark side and that it’s all part of the Emperor’s plan. It’s clear that by this point in the story, Kylo is fully committed to what the Emperor’s mission for him
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 31 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 27 ... 31  Next