Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker

+52
Kylo Rey
PalmettoBlue
Maria26
grimbergen
guardienne
snufkin
unicorn
Birdwoman
EchoBase
Chris24601
Kessel
motherofpearl1
Saracene
YeeRees
KnightsofReylo_2015
Cowgirlsamurai
12 Parsnips
DarthRen
bruna8728
Gemini
SW_Heroine_Journey
DeeBee
Xylo Ren
spacebaby45678
AhsokaTano
Walflarck
nemapasara
SanghaRen
Starliteprism
MaddieDove
Geralt_Riv
Tex
Lily Snape
fuhry
nickandnora
Armadeus
Forsythia
justyou
californiagirl
madeinmn
ZioRen
MrsWindu
Moonlight13
FrolickingFizzgig
giaciak2
special_cases
SkyStar
BenRey
Night Huntress
Teo oswald
SheLitAFire
LadyGaufrette
56 posters

Page 6 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 16  Next

Go down

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 6 Empty Re: Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker

Post by snufkin Thu 02 May 2019, 10:25 pm

@12 Parsnips Galactic Mother's Day, I love it! And Leia should've had it up on her wall in Bloodline. Though every time there's a "Leia looks at [one of the multiple young people characters she's surrounded herself with]" and fondly thinks of Ben, it's like Leia what the heck were you doing with your kid all those years?

Ha, yes like John Brooke stealing the glove from Meg March! I did think the glove moment was (among other things) a nod to the very steamy glove moment in Scorcese's adaption of The Age of Innocence. So once the gloves finally come off for Ben, literally and metaphorically, he could give his right one to Rey as a reminder of their shared Force vision/first lover's tryst. Which we know Rey is a magpie who already holds on to things, so he's giving her something. And LOL just imagine how eventually some Lucasfilm fanboy writer will have to catalog that detail in one of the inevitable Visual Dictionary Guides they're going to publish for the ST and entire Saga.

Other prediction, even if they've said up front that Rey was disillusioned with Ben at the end of TLJ and when the movie opens up "doesn't think that redemption is around the corner for him," the part about how she knows "all about waiting" thanks to what happened with her parents is going to factor into what goes down. Some of this has to do with her parents and her whole maladaptive behavior on Jakku waiting for them to come back, that she's not making the same mistake again and already moved on with her life. But given Maz's whole "somebody who could come back for you," it's possible they'll play that through after Ben's terrible proposal to her where he brings up her parents that he'll do what they couldn't do, come back for her, and that her previous patience/perseverance will have something to do with it.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 6 Empty Re: Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Sat 04 May 2019, 6:58 pm

I just want to know if Peter Mayhew was told the plot of Ep IX, or at least how Chewie’s story would end. Sad
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Sat 04 May 2019, 7:58 pm

Jenny's Kylo redemption party, in a list of 10 points. We know them well, though the last one is a hilarious comparison to a direct to video Aladdin movie.

californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Sun 05 May 2019, 4:05 am

this would be a nice ending Smile Where Ben and Rey follow the steps and Padne's willingness to raise their children to Naboo

“Ani, I want to have our baby back home on Naboo. We can go to the lake country, where no one will know…where we can be safe. I can go early and fix up the baby’s room. I know the perfect spot. Right by the gardens.” wrote:

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 6 Tumblr_pqzpndMnm81tu5a7l_540

(tumblr - jabberwockyface)
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren Tue 07 May 2019, 5:01 pm

Ok let's spice this thread up with a survey. Copy Paste the questions with your yes/no predictions below!

1. We will learn more about Vader and Palpatine. Yes/No
2. Kylo will have a scene with Leia. Yes/No
3. Rey will find out more about her parents. Yes/No
4. Rey will be tempted by the darkside. Yes/No
5. Kylo will train Rey. Yes/No
6. Kylo and Rey will duel. Yes/No
7. Kylo and Rey will be stuck or stranded somewhere having to work together to survive. Yes/No
8. Either Kylo or Rey will lose a hand or appendage. Yes/No
9. Luke will come back as a Force Ghost. Yes/No
10. Han will be in a flash back. Yes/No
11. We will see the scene of the Knights of Ren from Rey's TFA force vision. Yes/No
12. Anakin will appear as a Force Ghost. Yes/No
13. Rey will be related to Palpatine. Yes/No
14. Kylo and Rey will team up to fight Palpatine. Yes/No
15. Kylo and Rey will kiss. Yes/No
16. Kylo will die (but then rise again). Yes/No
17. Kylo will have a trial for his crimes. Yes/No
18. Kylo will be asked to be called Ben Solo. Yes/No
19. Kylo and Rey end the movie together as an undeniable couple. Yes/No
20. This is the last movie we will see Kylo and Rey. Yes/No

Feel free to add your own questions and tag me or others! Just something I thought would be fun.
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by 12 Parsnips Tue 07 May 2019, 5:26 pm

@Xylo Ren

All right, now we're talking! Very Happy

1. We will learn more about Vader and Palpatine. Yes/No
    Yes, of course! We need to know how Palpatine is "back" but also how Anakin/Vader's legacy will be redeemed.

2. Kylo will have a scene with Leia. Yes/No
    Yes, but only if I remember to bring my tissues!

3. Rey will find out more about her parents. Yes/No
    Yes, but it won't contradict what Kylo said in TLJ in its essentials.

4. Rey will be tempted by the darkside. Yes/No
    Maybe in a minor way...

5. Kylo will train Rey. Yes/No
    Yes, but more as equals/colleagues helping each other out.

6. Kylo and Rey will duel. Yes/No
    Yes, across the stars. Wink

7. Kylo and Rey will be stuck or stranded somewhere having to work together to survive. Yes/No
    Yes, sounds like a plan!

8. Either Kylo or Rey will lose a hand or appendage. Yes/No
    Ordinarily I will say this is not necessary, but I think Kylo is going to have to lose a hand so that the less intelligent in the audience will be able to pick out the Skywalker getting the Skywalker Special from among the leading candidates. Rolling Eyes

9. Luke will come back as a Force Ghost. Yes/No
    Yes, and may his sparkles be the sparkliest.

10. Han will be in a flash back. Yes/No
    Yes! And he will STILL love and forgive his boy.

11. We will see the scene of the Knights of Ren from Rey's TFA force vision. Yes/No
    Yes. It might not look exactly as the vision does, but it will be recognizable.

12. Anakin will appear as a Force Ghost. Yes/No
    Yes, I hope so.

13. Rey will be related to Palpatine. Yes/No
    No, although I don't mind if I'm wrong on this one.

14. Kylo and Rey will team up to fight Palpatine. Yes/No
    Yes, and also they save the galaxy, naturally.

15. Kylo and Rey will kiss. Yes/No
    You betcha, baby.

16. Kylo will die (but then rise again). Yes/No
    Yes!

17. Kylo will have a trial for his crimes. Yes/No
    Yes, in the fabulous court drama spinoff, Crime and Punishment: Jakku. /s

18. Kylo will be asked to be called Ben Solo. Yes/No
    He won't have to because everyone will know.

19. Kylo and Rey end the movie together as an undeniable couple. Yes/No
    If the Force is merciful to those who have withstood the antis for four years, YES!!

20. This is the last movie we will see Kylo and Rey. Yes/No
    Yes, played by these actors...but ask me again in ten years!

Thanks--that was fun! sunny
12 Parsnips
12 Parsnips
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by KnightsofReylo_2015 Tue 07 May 2019, 5:42 pm

@Xylo Ren Okay, I will attempt.  These are things I think likely will/will not  happen...not things I want/hope to happen:

1. We will learn more about Vader and Palpatine. Yes
2. Kylo will have a scene with Leia. I'm 50/50 on this one...if Carrie were alive, I would be 100% YES!
3. Rey will find out more about her parents. Yes
4. Rey will be tempted by the darkside. No
5. Kylo will train Rey. I think they will train together at some point
6. Kylo and Rey will duel. Yes
7. Kylo and Rey will be stuck or stranded somewhere having to work together to survive. I think they will have to work together to survive but not because they are stranded somewhere
8. Either Kylo or Rey will lose a hand or appendage. No
9. Luke will come back as a Force Ghost. Yes
10. Han will be in a flash back. Yes
11. We will see the scene of the Knights of Ren from Rey's TFA force vision. Confus
12. Anakin will appear as a Force Ghost. Ugh...this is hard...50/50 as much as I want it...I am not too sure
13. Rey will be related to Palpatine. No
14. Kylo and Rey will team up to fight Palpatine. Yes, Yes, YES!
15. Kylo and Rey will kiss. Yes and I will cry tears of joy!!!
16. Kylo will die (but then rise again). Yes
17. Kylo will have a trial for his crimes. No
18. Kylo will be asked to be called Ben Solo. Yes
19. Kylo and Rey end the movie together as an undeniable couple. Yes
20. This is the last movie we will see Kylo and Rey. No
KnightsofReylo_2015
KnightsofReylo_2015
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by YeeRees Tue 07 May 2019, 5:48 pm

I’ll have a go... with a disclaimer that my opinions could change between now and December. I’m just going off my current gut feelings and the little we know about TROS.

1. We will learn more about Vader and Palpatine. Yes - but it will be more about their connection to the light/dark side and the force in general rather than personal details.
2. Kylo will have a scene with Leia. No - I would love to say yes but I’m not sure they have the material to repurpose. There might be a holo-recording that R2D2 will display.
3. Rey will find out more about her parents. Yes - maybe - JJ did say there was more to the story so it wouldn’t be unexpected.
4. Rey will be tempted by the darkside. No - She has anger and fear and other emotions which Yoda said were the path to the dark side but she has chosen the selfless path over succumbing to temptation, especially in TLJ. I guess she could be tempted in TROS if faced with losing everyone she cares about. But most of those relationships will have been developed off screen and will need to be sold well in a short amount of time for the audience to be invested.
5. Kylo will train Rey. No - indirectly, maybe but I don’t see formal training taking place between them.
6. Kylo and Rey will duel. Yes - it seems inevitable at this point, even if it ends up being more unconventional than a one-on-one fight as in TFA.
7. Kylo and Rey will be stuck or stranded somewhere having to work together to survive. No - I do think they’ll end up having to work together but it will be a choice due to circumstances other than being stranded somewhere.
8. Either Kylo or Rey will lose a hand or appendage. No - at least I hope not because I really hate that trope. If it does have to happen, I hope it’s Rey and not Kylo.
9. Luke will come back as a Force Ghost. Yes - I’d say this one is pretty much guaranteed.
10. Han will be in a flash back. Yes - I would love to see father and son reunited and properly reconciled.
11. We will see the scene of the Knights of Ren from Rey's TFA force vision. No - It does sound like we will see them in some guise but I’m sceptical about Rey’s vision from TFA being revisited.
12. Anakin will appear as a Force Ghost. Yes - I certainly hope so, especially with Palpatine coming back!
13. Rey will be related to Palpatine. No - It would have been interesting for her to have dark side heritage but I don’t think they’ll go there.
14. Kylo and Rey will team up to fight Palpatine. Yes.
15. Kylo and Rey will kiss. No - I would certainly like them to kiss but I’m not convinced it’s going to happen.
16. Kylo will die (but then rise again). Yes/No - I can’t decide on this because I do think he will die, it’s the resurrection part (or what form it might take) I’m uncertain of. For it to be the end of the Skywalker Saga, I’m not sure Ben Solo can be resurrected as a physical being.
17. Kylo will have a trial for his crimes. No.
18. Kylo will be asked to be called Ben Solo. Yes.
19. Kylo and Rey end the movie together as an undeniable couple. Yes/No - I would like to say yes but there are too many unknown factors at this point. I certainly don’t see either of them ending up with anyone else!
20. This is the last movie we will see Kylo and Rey. Maybe - I’d like to say no but with the RJ trilogy and D&D’s series, it doesn’t sound like it would happen anytime soon.
YeeRees
YeeRees
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren Tue 07 May 2019, 6:00 pm

@12 Parsnips @KnightsofReylo_2015 @YeeRees
Yee! Glad you guys gave it a go! It'll be interesting to revisit this survey in a few months and see if our answers change. Feel free to add some questions of your own to the mix! Here are my answers:

1. We will learn more about Vader and Palpatine. Yes
2. Kylo will have a scene with Leia. No
3. Rey will find out more about her parents. Yes
4. Rey will be tempted by the darkside. No
5. Kylo will train Rey. Yes
6. Kylo and Rey will duel. Yes
7. Kylo and Rey will be stuck or stranded somewhere having to work together to survive. Yes
9. Luke will come back as a Force Ghost. Yes
10. Han will be in a flash back. Yes
11. We will see the scene of the Knights of Ren from Rey's TFA force vision. No
12. Anakin will appear as a Force Ghost. Yes
13. Rey will be related to Palpatine. No
14. Kylo and Rey will team up to fight Palpatine. Yes
15. Kylo and Rey will kiss. No
16. Kylo will die (but then rise again). Yes
17. Kylo will have a trial for his crimes. No
18. Kylo will be asked to be called Ben Solo. Yes
19. Kylo and Rey end the movie together as an undeniable couple. No
20. This is the last movie we will see Kylo and Rey. Yes
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 Tue 07 May 2019, 6:12 pm

1. We will learn more about Vader and Palpatine.
Yes, now that they've brought back Palpatine, I think we need it.
2. Kylo will have a scene with Leia.
Yes, if they haven't been able to film something with Carrie Fisher, they could do it using their shadows like that Anakin and Padmé scene from AOTC.
3. Rey will find out more about her parents.
Yes, but they will still be nobodies.
4. Rey will be tempted by the darkside.
Yes, but I'm not sure about this one.
5. Kylo will train Rey.
Yes, I don't know how though.
6. Kylo and Rey will duel.
Yes, they're still enemies (but complicated enemies  Wink ).
7. Kylo and Rey will be stuck or stranded somewhere having to work together to survive.
No, I don't think there will be enough time to do it, I'd be glad to be proven wrong though. Laughing
8. Either Kylo or Rey will lose a hand or appendage.
No, I think that was something between Luke and Vader.
9. Luke will come back as a Force Ghost.
Yes, I think that's a given ("See you around kid")
10. Han will be in a flash back.
Yes, I think we could get flashbacks of Ben's childhood so Han could be there.
11. We will see the scene of the Knights of Ren from Rey's TFA force vision.
Yes, I'm not sure about this one but the vision looked like it was from the future so I'd say yes.
12. Anakin will appear as a Force Ghost.
Yes, we haven't seen much of Anakin in the ST and, now that Palpatine is back, it would make sense.
13. Rey will be related to Palpatine.
No, but maybe her parents had something to do with him, maybe they worked for the Empire or something like that.
14. Kylo and Rey will team up to fight Palpatine.
Yes  Smile
15. Kylo and Rey will kiss.
Yes, but at the end of the movie.
16. Kylo will die (but then rise again).
Yes, I think he will sacrifice himself.
17. Kylo will have a trial for his crimes.
No, that would be weird scratch , and there's no institution to do it.
18. Kylo will be asked to be called Ben Solo.
Yes, he will finally accept that part of himself.
19. Kylo and Rey end the movie together as an undeniable couple.
Yes, I'll think this until proven wrong. Laughing
20. This is the last movie we will see Kylo and Rey.
Yes, but I think it's also possible that we see an animated movie or TV show.

Last edited by Moonlight13 on Tue 07 May 2019, 6:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Tue 07 May 2019, 6:16 pm

1. We will learn more about Vader and Palpatine. Yes. If Vader's old boss pops up in whatever form after getting killed by him & knowing that he always had ambitions of taking him out (the entire "we have a new enemy scene in ESB is about that tension between the two of them), that makes the job of being Supreme Leader as the grandson of Vader super interesting.
2. Kylo will have a scene with Leia. Yes/No 50/50. Whatever they do, just as long as it's not like the CGI/scrapped footage scene they used for Tony & Livia's final scene together in The Sopranos.
3. Rey will find out more about her parents. Yes. Not in a "turns out they were important" but as in "they were human and flawed who made mistakes you have to forgive in order to move forward." My wildcard suggestion is that the "filthy junk traders" stumbled across something to do with the Contingency Plan/Imperial Remnants and ended up in the Pauper's Grave on Jakku as a result.
4. Rey will be tempted by the darkside. No, just tempted by a certain Darksider
5. Kylo will train Rey. Yes although according to the Internet this is degrading, bad for her agency, and sets a bad example for impressionable young ladies. She's been scavenging his knowledge/skills already through the bond and he did help her get through the whole Mirror Cave experience, so he's helped her way more than Luke ever did.  
6. Kylo and Rey will duel. Yes - Couple's Fight is happening when Rey force throws a plate at Ben's head after what happened on the Supremacy and then Crait.
7. Kylo and Rey will be stuck or stranded somewhere having to work together to survive. Yes - thrown back together again, "why is the Force connecting us, you and I?"
9. Luke will come back as a Force Ghost. Yes - Just as long as he doesn't interrupt his nephew again while he's having some special alone time with Rey
10. Han will be in a flash back. Yes - Prior to Carrie's death I would've said No but HF has turned out to be the MVP out of the original trio and I can see it being possible because he knew otherwise she'd be doing the heavy lifting for this part of the story.
11. We will see the scene of the Knights of Ren from Rey's TFA force vision. Yes - JJ decrees it so, especially after hanging out with Kasdan who only brought up the Seven Samurai at every press event they did together for TFA
12. Anakin will appear as a Force Ghost. No - If anybody's making a surprise beyond the grave appearance, it's Han.
13. Rey will be related to Palpatine. No - Snoke spelled it out, she's a nobody the bad guys only see as an opponent to take out. At best her parents got killed because they unwittingly scrapped something to do with the Emperor's plans.
14. Kylo and Rey will team up to fight Palpatine. Yes - they're teaming up, though I don't think it's going to be against an actor in his 70s. But it will have something to do with whatever the Emperor's plans were all along.
15. Kylo and Rey will kiss. They'd better or else audiences will riot
16. Kylo will die (but then rise again). Yes - how f**king stupid would the filmmakers be to kill off one of the most popular characters in the franchise who's also Leia's baby boy and the heroine's bae?
17. Kylo will have a trial for his crimes. Hahahahahahaha No. I'm sure certain corners of the Internet are going to be very cross that he's doesn't die or go on trial or go to Space Jail and gets to smooch on Rey. Add that to the list of JJ's crimes along with "he lied about Khan and made Felicity get a haircut."
18. Kylo will be asked to be called Ben Solo. Yes, except for those times when he's getting freaky with Rey and maybe they want to mix things up a bit.
19. Kylo and Rey end the movie together as an undeniable couple. Yes
20. This is the last movie we will see Kylo and Rey. Yes - they'll be in books/comics for the foreseeable future.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Tue 07 May 2019, 8:35 pm

1. We will learn more about Vader and Palpatine. Yes. Now all I can think of is if that Vader helmet really did talk back?
2. Kylo will have a scene with Leia. I really want it, but I'm not sure what they have to work with.
3. Rey will find out more about her parents. Yes. Even if JJ hadn't said he was adding on to it, you need closure for the thing that was holding Rey back her whole life in the first place.
4. Rey will be tempted by the darkside. No, though she'll have "dark side" emotions like anger, sadness etc. Hopefully we've gotten to a point where these can be acknowledged as normal and healthy feelings.
5. Kylo will train Rey. Yes? But maybe no? I'd like an acknowledgment of their bond cince TFA, it would really clear the air for the audience.
6. Kylo and Rey will duel. Yes, even though I don't want it. I'd prefer if it were a draw, or they stopped before anybody won. I'm not the biggest fan of their relationship still being based around one person overpowering another. Just work together guys.
7. Kylo and Rey will be stuck or stranded somewhere having to work together to survive. Possibly, though I would prefer if they did so by choice rather than being required to.
8. Either Kylo or Rey will lose a hand or appendage. No. Hard no.
9. Luke will come back as a Force Ghost. Yes, though it seems he won't be a huge part of the film.
10. Han will be in a flash back. Either a flashback or some kind of dream or vision sequence.
11. We will see the scene of the Knights of Ren from Rey's TFA force vision. Yes, JJ had a whole backstory for the KOR. We've revisited Rey's parents, and will likely do so again, and it looks like Kylo killed a KOR in her defense. It would seem fitting at least.
12. Anakin will appear as a Force Ghost. Yes, we got disembodied Obi-Wan voice, ghost Yoda, we're getting ghost Luke, it would be great to get Anakin, who has more to do with this story and Kylo than anyone else. Ben asked for Vader's guidance, so talk about coming full circle.
13. Rey will be related to Palpatine. No. I just can't with this one.
14. Kylo and Rey will team up to fight Palpatine. Yes, in some capacity or another.
15. Kylo and Rey will kiss. Yes. Hopefully multiple times?
16. Kylo will die (but then rise again). Yes, rebirth away! Putting his life on the line for a selfless cause is necessary step. You aren't ending a series in hope if you just killed off the entire family said series was about.
17. Kylo will have a trial for his crimes. No, that's not how SW works. I could see some characters looking wary or asking questions, but not a literal trial.
18. Kylo will be asked to be called Ben Solo. Yes, and he will be called such by everyone by the end of the story.
19. Kylo and Rey end the movie together as an undeniable couple. Yes. I know this is the big gamble, but they aren't doing all the parallels to the prequel characters for nothing, and they've already moved beyond those characters' stories.
20. This is the last movie we will see Kylo and Rey. Dunno. If they do come back, it won't be for at least 15+ years. I'm totally fine if they end it here, especially since they're marketing it as the end of George's original vision.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Tue 07 May 2019, 10:06 pm

I'll play @Xylo Ren!

1. We will learn more about Vader and Palpatine. Yes. I think it's inevitable that more parallels will be drawn between Kylo and Vader now that Palps is back. To some degree I think JJ might go overboard with the callbacks and connections to wrap up this Skywalker story. We might get more Anakin mentions than Vader, in fact.
2. Kylo will have a scene with Leia. No. Sadly. Unless there was somehow footage they had together, but I doubt that. I think we will see Kylo have a significant scene reacting to Leia though, whatever her fate may be.
3. Rey will find out more about her parents. Yes. JJ already confirmed this one.
4. Rey will be tempted by the darkside. No. They had a chance for this and didn't take it and there's no place for it now in this final movie. Rey's story simply isn't about her struggling with the dark side.
5. Kylo will train Rey. No. Much as I still think that standoff with Kylo's TIE looks odd and not like your usual fight, I don't think there will be a scene where he personally trains her.
6. Kylo and Rey will duel. Yes. Of course. I don't, however, think this will be in the third act at all.
7. Kylo and Rey will be stuck or stranded somewhere having to work together to survive. No. I don't think that's going to be a part of this story, nor do I think it's needed anymore. This type of storyline would have been more important in TLJ to establish their emotional connection and stake in each other, but Rian did that with the Force Bond instead to the same effect.
8. Either Kylo or Rey will lose a hand or appendage. No. I actually don't think anybody's losing a limb. I think Kylo may lose SOMETHING as he crosses his redemption line, but I don't think it'll be a hand or foot.
9. Luke will come back as a Force Ghost. Yes. I think to both Rey and Kylo but more significantly to Kylo because that's a much more glaring loose thread. He doesn't have unfinished business to wrap up with Rey but he does for sure with his nephew.
10. Han will be in a flash back. Yes. Whether we see him physically or just hear his voice, his presence will be very palpable again and will hit Kylo hard.
11. We will see the scene of the Knights of Ren from Rey's TFA force vision. Yes. Something about the new 'scene jumps' in IX makes me think JJ is going to use that opportunity to bring Rey's TFA visions back into play. If only as a brief callback to connect the two movies.
12. Anakin will appear as a Force Ghost. Yes. This one is more tentative, but I think we'll have a scene with a bunch of Skywalker/Skywalker ally Force Ghosts at some point in the climax.
13. Rey will be related to Palpatine. Yes. Not literally, but I think Palpatine will have something to do with her origin.
14. Kylo and Rey will team up to fight Palpatine. Yes. For sure!
15. Kylo and Rey will kiss. No. I'm starting to think that even if Rey and Kylo are very clearly romantic, it's not going to get quite there but will be something you assume will happen in the future.
16. Kylo will die (but then rise again). Yes. I feel pretty strongly about this one.
17. Kylo will have a trial for his crimes. No. This movie wouldn't have the time or be the time for this. I'm sure future comics or novels will explore the consequences Kylo faces going forward if he lives, but definitely not in IX.
18. Kylo will be asked to be called Ben Solo. Yes. I don't think he'll ask it of anybody, but I think he'll reclaim the name out loud.
19. Kylo and Rey end the movie together as an undeniable couple. Yes. I think even without a kiss, and no matter the reaching because of that, their dynamic will be clearly romantic and if they're not an official couple, it'll be obvious that they will be.
20. This is the last movie we will see Kylo and Rey. Who knows? I think they may be able to get Daisy back at some point in the future if they wanted Rey to return, but I don't think they'd be able to snag Adam. Maybe he'd be willing to make a reappearance in a couple of decades.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Tue 07 May 2019, 11:19 pm

Yes Palpatine more so than Vader.

No We'll see a very strong reaction from Kylo to his mother's death, but sadly I don't think they'll ever meet face to face.

Yes

No I think the chance for serious temptation has come and gone with TLJ. For better or worse, it's just not a part of Rey's story IMO.

5. Kylo will train Rey.
No Again, the time for training was back in TLJ. I think that we'll see Rey as a fully-fledged force user in TRoS.

Yes They certainly will, but closer to the middle of the film.

7. Kylo and Rey will be stuck or stranded somewhere having to work together to survive.
No I'm pretty sure that they'll face danger together, but not exactly stuck or stranded.

No The only window for this is in the second movie, since it gives characters the time to fix the injury. I don't see either Kylo or Rey getting incapacitated in a fast-paced JJ Abrams movie, and I can't see why any of them would lose a hand at the very end.

Yes

Yes Flashback or some sort of vision.

Yes In a sense of, I think that at some point Rey will be surrounded by Kylo and the Knights.

No I think that, between Luke and Han, there'll be enough ghosts to help put Kylo on the right track.

No He might have something to do with her backstory, but I doubt she's his blood relation.

Yes

Yes I at least expect them to lean in for a kiss at some point.

Yes This scenario makes all the sense in the world to me.

No Court drama is not SW style.

Yes

Yes Maybe not in a sense of settling down to have a life together at the end of the film, but still very much a couple.

No I'm pretty sure they'll pop up in other SW films down the track.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 6 Empty Dee Bee's Guesses..

Post by DeeBee Wed 08 May 2019, 3:50 am

@Xylo Ren - what an inspired idea! Great questions you came up with!  cheers
There is much I am neither yes or no about.. so I'm going to need a 'maybe' answer!  Embarassed

1. We will learn more about Vader and Palpatine. - Yes
2. Kylo will have a scene with Leia. -Maybe
3. Rey will find out more about her parents. -Maybe
4. Rey will be tempted by the darkside. -Maybe
5. Kylo will train Rey. -Maybe
6. Kylo and Rey will duel. -Yes
7. Kylo and Rey will be stuck or stranded somewhere having to work together to survive. -No
8. Either Kylo or Rey will lose a hand or appendage. -No
9. Luke will come back as a Force Ghost. -Yes
10. Han will be in a flash back. -Maybe
11. We will see the scene of the Knights of Ren from Rey's TFA force vision. -Maybe
12. Anakin will appear as a Force Ghost. -Maybe
13. Rey will be related to Palpatine. -Maybe
14. Kylo and Rey will team up to fight Palpatine. -Maybe
15. Kylo and Rey will kiss. -Yes
16. Kylo will die (but then rise again). -Yes
17. Kylo will have a trial for his crimes. -No
18. Kylo will be asked to be called Ben Solo. -Maybe
19. Kylo and Rey end the movie together as an undeniable couple. -Yes
20. This is the last movie we will see Kylo and Rey. -Maybe

Now I've answered I get to read what others said!
sunny
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Wed 08 May 2019, 9:34 am

What I want to see in TRoS:

More Reylo
Less Poe
Grey Resistance
Palpatine return (but not possessing Kylo)
Even more Reylo
Ben Solo's chest. Again.(◠‿・)—☆
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Wed 08 May 2019, 9:40 am

YES, about Palpatine.

NO, sadly I do not believe that.

YES, there is more to them and I suppose Palpatine might be tied into this. Nothing like Rey Skywalker or Rey Solo.

NO, she already had a chance.

5. Kylo will train Rey.
NO, that ship has sailed in TLJ. Rey will be a legit force user by the time they meet again.

YES, before things get better. Somewhere like end of Act I or so.

NO, they'll have to work together as an uneasy allies but not stuck somewhere literally.

NO, but someone else might.

YES, to Rey but not Kylo.

YES, to Kylo/Ben.

NO, a different one.

NO, even if i'd love it.

NO, not directly but he might know something about her origins.

YES, during Act III.

YES, before or after his death is what I'm unsure of. It can work either way but I'd prefer after his rebirth as Ben Solo.

YES, I think we have a lot of clues to something like this actually happening.

NO, more likely exile either imposed by himself or others.

NO, I think Rey will simply call him Ben.

YES, I do believe so.

NO, as no one is ever really gone and especially not in SW world.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Wed 08 May 2019, 10:11 am

Sadly I don't think we'll get a Ben/Leia reunion either, as Adam and Carrie didn't to my knowledge shoot any scenes together.

I actually wonder if Ben will allow the galaxy to believe he's dead and vanish into the Unknown Regions with Rey, and only Chewie, Finn and possibly Rose knowing the truth?
If he 'dies' and is reborn, that could happen.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by YeeRees Wed 08 May 2019, 10:32 am

@motherofpearl1 It doesn’t appear the galaxy at large even knows that Kylo Ren is Ben Solo. The secret of Darth Vader’s true identity was kept for decades and it only became widely known in Bloodline (5 or 6 years before the current ST events. If only a handful of people know Kylo is Ben, it should be possible for Kylo Ren to die and for Ben Solo to live. Although he would probably need to keep a low profile because of his known family connections.

I found it interesting that it was said the galaxy at large remained ignorant of Palpatine being a Sith Lord and Vader his Sith apprentice, even after he became Emperor and the formation of the Empire. Obviously a select few knew but there was too much prejudice and suspicion in the galaxy for it to be common knowledge.

YeeRees
YeeRees
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Wed 08 May 2019, 9:07 pm

I'm definitely curious if/how they play out the whole dual identity business. Because they definitely haven't said other than "Han and Leia split up because of the fallout," who knows what about what happened at Uncle Luke's Bible Camp. Both Han and Leia outside of their conversations and internal book monologues have been pretty quiet on the "Oh by the way I have a son" topic.

At the point with what little we know, my guess is that they're going to play out the "what would have happened/how would people react to Vader if he'd survived for the aftermath era." Though in Vader's situation, it was easy to cover up his identity and would've hard for him to blend back into civil society because of his suit. Ben OTOH doesn't need that mask, Han even told him as much.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Sun 12 May 2019, 5:56 am

Ok guys I have another wacky prediction - this time its influenced by marvel, Frankenstein , Adam and Eve ,battlefront, Star Wars dr Aphra and the supreme intellect post I posted last night on spoilers that I found on Reddit from 1983 ( highlighting the 9 part saga was always the plan with the supreme intellect controlling everything).

Ok take everything with a massive grain/pinch of salt because this is my brain working overtime and coming up with crazy theories. It will at least provide entertainment lol! Ha ha.

Ok so the marvel connection to Star Wars - wow where do I start . I can’t see the saga in the same way because there are so many connections . Yesterday I watched age of ultron again and it’s mainly about creation of vision and AI and there were references about how humans could never be better than they are because all they believe in is order vs chaos - reminded me of Star Wars and Empire/order vs rebellion /resistance. Thor has a vision too where Heimdall says they are all in hell - foreshadowing?Then they talked about the stones again and it made me think of the lightsaber colours . How Sith use red and that’s the reality Stone in marvel and then it took my idea back to Star Wars and how the emperor has done something to reality ( Tarkin novel )so it would make sense that the reality Stone was connected to him. Ok so then it took me back to Loki because he had the space stone
Which is blue in his sceptre and the space stone can open any portal in space ( world between worlds anyone??) and take you anywhere in space , any dimension . So if skywalker is Loki that would make sense why the legacy saber is blue and he thinks it’s his . The power stone is purple and this is balance in Star Wars . I think it’s interesting that the way the power stone is portrayed at the end of guardians of the galaxy is similar to how it’s held up at the end ceremony in phantom menace and there you have light and dark in alignment but it’s the wrong light and dark because it’s the Emperor and Padme at Naboo.

Anyway I could go on with the connections like how aurebesh looks like Norse runes and Artoo meaning follower of Thor and how the Jedi symbol not only looks like mythical Phoenix and the Holy Spirit but also Thor’s helmet with the wings . The snake symbolism that pervades the saga throughout including Leia’s ring which looks like a version of Loki’s symbol. Lots of connections . But have mentioned this stuff before.

Anyway that’s part of the marvel connection but things that have sealed it for me is that now the multiverse is now. canon .

Dr strange hinted at this in his film and the Earth they live in is 616 ( our earth ) but there are other earths and other worlds and dimensions out there . Am betting Star Wars is what’s the asgardians call the underworld in their beliefs of the tree of life but that this is in another dimension of earth and it probably is earth 2187 ( as that number comes up again and again in Star Wars ) .So you could have marvel characters in the Star Wars universe but they appear different - ok this is reaching but Spider-Man could be Darth Maul for instance - the red and black colours of his costume and at one point he does become a “spider man “with spider legs ? Dr strange with the time stone which is green could easily be yoda as wisest sorceror ( but not supreme sorceror because that honour falls to Loki most supreme and intellectual avenger ). And it would explain the unnatural aspects of Star Wars ie why Sith Lords live with half their jaws hanging out like Darth Malgus ( saying its the dark side that preserves their life ) and looking zombie like similar to in the horror films and why characters keep coming back and no one is ever gone - because they are in the underworld.

Other things that have sealed it for me was finding out that the supreme intellect that George Lucas had as his overall villain from 1983 appears in dr Aphra and is part of artificial intelligence- an artifact with a Jedi from long ago trying to merge with computer systems to live forever because that’s how he figured living forever would be possible .

In captain marvel we meet the supreme intellect and it’s played by Annette Benning. The supreme intelligence/intellect can appear in any form, is leader of the Kree Empire and can manipulate , alter reality , use force lighting /energy blasts from its hands and has total control over its citizens . The Kree Empire is made up of those that have died and their minds which feed into the artificial intelligence. In essence it’s very matrix like but also the underworld. Sounding like someone we know ??? Maybe not yet but it sounds like hades to me ? Loki?

JJ Abrams did say the saga was about rey’s awakening but the descent of the villain also . The descent. This is important. Am thinking the supreme intellect is Kylo, is Loki and this is his journey . His descent into the underworld, conqueror of death and leader of an empire , shape shifter, story teller , god of fatherhood, intellectual, most powerful sorceror, trickster etc . Loki is the most complicated avenger and god in the marvel canon. It would make sense to
devote an entire world and saga to him to be honest .

I think this is his journey how he becomes what he is and it’s up to him to break this curse, remember who he is and overtake as ruler like the god he is . This is why he killed his father ( because Loki killed his biological father ) and this is why he has a soft spot for his mother ( Loki loved his adoptive mother) and this is why he has an estranged relationship with his adoptive uncle father - who am betting is Luke ( the Odin figure). This would tie in with the last Jedi poster and the mortis gods too ie Luke as father , kylo as son and Rey as the daughter .

But question is who is Rey ? Is Rey Hela ? Remember Odin and Hela both “ died “ too in Thor Ragnarok but maybe they went to this place with Loki? In which case she has dark side origins for sure as the goddess of death . And Rey is the daughter . Remember Hela in Thor’s world is not loki’s biological sister as he’s adopted . Anyway that’s one theory for Rey , the other is that she is literally kylo’s ( loki’s ) torn soul which is ripped in two and she’s the other half and he has to merge with her in some way .

There is a prophecy in master and apprentice novel that says if the force sickens past and future must Split and combine . ????

So this led me to think a couple of things how they could tie all this - Loki is also the god of fatherhood and Star Wars is the story of father’s and sons so far who for some reason don’t seem to get it right and are absent but kylo/Loki will get it right this time as it will be a daughter - Rey and she may or may not be Hela . In marvel our dimension 616 she seems to be odin’s daughter but in Norse mythology she is Loki’s daughter in some versions and goddess of the underworld. I think they are going for both depending on what universe she’s in and also going for hades and Persephone too . This sounds all incestuous ( and don’t forget we’ve had this in Star Wars before with Luke and Leia ) but let me explain why it isn’t really incest but it is weird .

I think Rey could be a clone . She is basically the culmination of when Anakin began with creating C3PO - She is AI and robotics perfected as a clone from his DNA . Another prophecy in master and apprentice novel talks about how he who conquers death will through his greatest student live again . I think it’s Kylo and Rey . It explains the master and apprentice relationship too that pervades the whole saga with creator and subject . You’ve got this in marvel with Tony Stark too and Banner and creation/discovery of Ultron .

Anyway Kylo creates Rey and he does it for several things - but mainly he’s lonely ( there is lots of emphasis on his loneliness throughout his life as Ben and how all he had for company were toys or droids as a kid a lot of the time )and like Hades, the monster in Frankenstein and Adam in Genesis he wants a mate he creates her from his DNA . So in essence Rey is his daughter , his lover and will be his mother in that she will be the vessel that carries his children ( who are part of him ) or carries him literally if he dies and is reborn through her. She is nothing as he tells her but she is everything to him. It explains why she just “ downloads “ his powers and is good at mechanics.It also explains How when she came to him in a pod it was very Snow White , hades and Persephone but also like a clone in stasis waking up . It also explains why Rey saw multiple versions of herself in the mirror and then when she asked to see her parents the shadows merged to kylo’s and then her own? It also ties in with hints shown us ie Leia talking about grandchildren in the comics and having a grand daughter , kylo being sympathetic to a rebel in
Battlefront game trailers because he has a daughter . Star Wars is about fathers right ? Loki is the god of fatherhood. But it’s gonna be more complicated than that because rey will be everything to him.Clones can have children as we know from the clone wars . And maybe this is how Kylo saves himself ie his soul is reborn and merged with Rey’s.

I believe the supreme intellect will place Rey in the past so it makes it difficult for kylo to recognise his destiny that he has to merge with AI to preserve his memories , get out and wake up and conquer death but it’s there all along with the skywalkers in mechanical robotic limbs like a reminder that this is the way they are going to become god like and conquer death. As I believe the supreme intellect will eventually be recognised as Kylo/Loki he will place rey in the past in Jakku .Initially I thought she might be shimi skywalker and maybe because reality is distorted that’s where it’s been going wrong and the way to set off correct events in motion are to place Rey in Jakku in the outer rim rather than tattoine I’m the inner rim.I haven’t figured out this bit yet lol in my already convoluted crazy theory but there is that prophecy which suggests past and present must split and combine so that’s why I thought of that possibility and the flash fights rumoured just remind me that time is converging and reality breaking down to reveal the true reality underneath. Beauty and the beast . Wizard of Oz.

Anyway I know the above is long winded and most of it BS but just writing this as I make connections. I’ll probably change my mind as we get more and more leaks and whatever the Spider-Man film too throws us in the summer about the multiverse. They might not do any of this and I’m not taking these ideas seriously but like Loki I like stories and hope this has provided a bit of entertainment I hope to you all and some food for thought Lol! Maybe in the stuff above there is a truth in there too . lol.

We are told there are gonna be twists and shocks in that will change how we view the whole saga. The books remind us again and again how kylo’s defiance will shake the stars . Ultimately if this goes the Loki route , Rey will heal kylo and he will “ rise “ because she is the other half of his soul . What I don’t want is a merger like in dark crystal but that might be inevitable too if it’s Loki skywalker’s story because they are two halves of “the protagonist “ not two protagonists. And that ultimately this is about conquering death ( like a lot of religion and myths are )and the way to do that would be through AI.Through Rey the healing goddess, making kylo whole again .

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 6 59b31b10
Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 6 3a841e10
Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 6 22b3c910Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 6 E2466d10
Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 6 0049bf10

Last edited by AhsokaTano on Sun 12 May 2019, 7:37 am; edited 2 times in total
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Sun 12 May 2019, 6:29 am

Notice how if Loky was spelt like this....
Kylo is an anagram of Loki.

And Loki had a wife, Sigyn, who stood by him to the very end.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Sun 12 May 2019, 6:46 am

@motherofpearl1
Exactly .I just wonder how Star Wars is gonna tie everything together because I believe it’s trying to draw from and tie literally everything with its own twist on things . It you look at Anakin’s name it means warrior , Luke ( light but also from Luka which means knot or lock and another version of name Loki ). Kylo means sky and Ren in Confucianism is the balance .They May or may not tie it up with the hades /Persephone and Loki/Sigyn and marvel but it’s fun working it all out and take with grain/pinch of salt as always . Smile
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Sun 12 May 2019, 6:51 am

I'm hoping for a positive Reylo ending and maybe a comic series featuring Rey and Kylo's adventures in the Unknown Regions!
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Sun 12 May 2019, 7:25 am

@ahsokatano

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 6 3a841e10

That is the first time I have heard this prophecy, I was thinking that none of the prophecies in M & A were about Rey at all. But, this one could be a possiblity. What was split in the past to me, as far as the Saga goes was Kenobi & Palpatine in their roles as Good Father vs. Bad Father... Now in the future you would have Rey being both Kenobi & Palpatine. This could be the future combination.

Qi'ra being a Palpatine and Rey's Mom would be interesting. Or maybe Pax from M & A... for Pax Romana, and the fact that he was raised by Droids like Ken Palpatine in the Old EU... lots to think about study
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 16  Next