Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker

+52
Kylo Rey
PalmettoBlue
Maria26
grimbergen
guardienne
snufkin
unicorn
Birdwoman
EchoBase
Chris24601
Kessel
motherofpearl1
Saracene
YeeRees
KnightsofReylo_2015
Cowgirlsamurai
12 Parsnips
DarthRen
bruna8728
Gemini
SW_Heroine_Journey
DeeBee
Xylo Ren
spacebaby45678
AhsokaTano
Walflarck
nemapasara
SanghaRen
Starliteprism
MaddieDove
Geralt_Riv
Tex
Lily Snape
fuhry
nickandnora
Armadeus
Forsythia
justyou
californiagirl
madeinmn
ZioRen
MrsWindu
Moonlight13
FrolickingFizzgig
giaciak2
special_cases
SkyStar
BenRey
Night Huntress
Teo oswald
SheLitAFire
LadyGaufrette
56 posters

Page 16 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16

Go down

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 16 Empty Re: Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker

Post by rey09 Tue 22 Oct 2019, 7:35 pm

I am really hoping Palpatine gives reylo a rehash of the skywalker story - talking about how he met Anakin as a boy, how he fell for Padme etc. Ugh it'd be so incredible to just hear that. I think it's just Palps and the droids who are the main remnants from the very beginning.

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 16 Empty Re: Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker

Post by reylo1992 Tue 22 Oct 2019, 8:52 pm

I can imagine that Palps will give key infos related to the origins of Anakin or whatever was behind this mysterious Prophecy. But other details like candid moments, I hope we will get it from C 3PO if that trailer scene is actually about recovering key pieces of his memory. Totally expect nice flashbacks from previous movies as a way to tie all movies together.
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Wed 23 Oct 2019, 8:21 am

these clips summarize my thoughts :

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 16 874d115893929870f5e9103a73c5321ecd37cb25

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 16 2da786fd4f5060873caa15793571bbf1f230e506

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 16 Cc5566f1de68ad70398240dd48ce98d5b41c6379

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 16 Ab5c271c8fb6db13b892df98235c36c6017384f0

I'm ready to see Ben Solo smile at Rey for the first time Smile
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MaddieDove Sun 27 Oct 2019, 12:38 pm

Ok, I'll just post this here, lest I forget.

If, and it is a big fat if, Kylo is thrown down the pit, Rey will in some moment get back to him.
She's scavenger. Salvaging things from wreckage. At the start of TFA, she's going down on a cable. In the TROS trailer, she's shown jumping within the wreckage. She'll get back for him ("I'll come back, sweetheart"), perhaps revive or heal him, whatever, and they will rise back together - the rise of Skywalker.
MaddieDove
MaddieDove
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by olyer Thu 31 Oct 2019, 12:41 pm

I have a prediction and I just want to write it down.

I was thinking about what would make me cry/happy-cry at the end of TRoS, and I realized that if Anakin and Padme were reunited, I would totally cry. (I'm not even that invested in them, but still, it is tragic.)

Then I was thinking about how we Reylos want smoochies, but the General Audience might not be behind that.

I also am intrigued that Natalie Portman is still working for Disney and has been given the Lady Thor movie.

My prediction is that we see Anakin and Padme come back and become reunited through/via Ben and Rey, maybe a kind of possession of their bodies so that when they kiss, Ben and Rey kiss in an amazingly romantic way. That way, we get our smoochies, GA gets reunited Anidala and closure from PT, we get true Reverse Anidala, which really does make sense, and those who want to believe Reylo Is Wrong can have plausible deniability.

OK, I feel better having written that down. Very Happy
olyer
olyer
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Sat 23 Nov 2019, 2:07 pm

Hi my fellow Reylos  Very Happy  Here am I to finally post finally my predictions before The Rise of Skywalker comes to theater. Although I was away most of the time since TLJ because of my job, it’s been a pleasure to have this ride with you between TFA and TLJ. I’ve learned a lot and spending time here has helped me to get through some hard times at some point. I am probably gonna repeat a lot of things from old posts but there are also a few elements that have popped into my mind just very recently and that changed a little my perspective on how TROS may connect with the entire franchise. Sorry in advance for long post but I'll be mostly away after that. First of all, no big surprise. In order to have a coherent storyline that links the 9 movies altogether in a satisfying way, I still believe that TROS needs to deal properly with the original story of the Chosen One that goes back to TPM since the first trilogies were about the journey of Anakin Skywalker aka Darth Vader. I also maintain that to me the worst direction that the writers could ever go would be to change the whole arc of the franchise by having a miraculous Chosen One popping out of nowhere just because it was cool  to create a Space Maria Magdalena making all right what Space Jesus did all wrong. Since Palpatine/Plagueis/Sidious/ Snoke (or whoever is really the Big Bad of this franchise because they are possibly all different sides of a same protagonist) found his way to keep himself alive despite the Chosen One throwing him in a pit, I consider it is possible that the Force found a way to keep Anakin/Darth Vader alive from a certain point of view.

So to me, as long as the Big Bad wasn’t completely destroyed, there was no point for the Force to let the Chosen One die once and for all since it all began with them, thus maybe the importance to stress the Rise of Skywalker in the title. Let’s keep in mind that the whole point of ROTS for Anakin was to find a way to cheat death. I hope that TROS will enable the viewer to see previous scenes under a new light, especially Padme’s death scene. I’ve always believed that her losing energy without explanation was due to Anakin draining hers and that the goodness in Darth Vader came from her. Since Luke brought his father’s body back to Endor, the most logical explanation I can find for now is that the Force found a way to transfer his energy onto his descendant who was born barely one year later. We have this anecdote in Aftermath Debt about Leia sensing Ben for the first time through a potted plant from Endor and sensing a dark energy as well as someone watching them. My very first posts on this forum was to point out the similarities of TFA with E.T. the Extraterrestrial. So I don’t believe that the potted plant was a coincidence at all, which points me to that direction that the Force energy of the Chosen One was passed onto Ben in one way or another. Both Anakin and Ben were targeted by the Big Bad from the very beginning and that this raw power within is  associated with some curse. The shot showing Rey looking at the cursed mask is way to reminiscing of Belle looking at the cursed Rose and Dark Rey parallelling Rey's vision of Kylo Ren in the woods is too reminiscing of Sleeping Beauty to be ignored.
Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 16 21340411

Now, most complicated issue is how to insert Rey as the heroine in that story, making her unrelated to the Skywalkers by bloodline while making sure that she has her own importance in that story without being reduced to a lineage and at the same avoiding that the entire Chosen One story get thrown out like garbage. Pretty complicated to find a narrative that would satisfy most people given how the writers insist on her importance and the fans perceive it. That being said, I wasn’t aware that the hate against her as a character was so strong outside of this forum. I don’t really understand how fanboys can still call her a Mary Sue after her journey in TLJ because it showed she definitely had raw power but also some flaws. I actually like that character more and more because Daisy portrays so well what it is to be an empowering character with this natural mix of rawness and softness and without making her caricaturally manly or feminine. That fierce face expression and body langage while she is waiting for the confrontation with Kylo on the ship is far my favorite. Since I don’t know that much about the Star Wars universe outside of the Skywalker franchise, I have never thought deeply about all these theories about her lineage. However, I trust the analysis of the people who defend the idea she is connected to Obi-Wan given all her parallels with him. Now, let’s keep in mind that Disney is supposed to provide a satisfying answer for random viewers who knows nothing about Star Wars outside of these 9 movies. Most important question to answer is : how did she become suddenly so strong with the Force ? IMO, most important quote about her identity came from Colin Trevorrow:

« I have seen all the theories. What I do know is that we’re gonna make sure that the answer is deeply and profoundly satisfying because Rey is a character that is important in the universe not only in the context of TFA but to the entire galaxy. She deserves it so we’re gonna make sure that the answer feels like it happened a long time ago in a galaxy far away »

So her being related to Obi-Wan and/or to an ancient lineage strongly connected to the Force can make sense, especially if people who pointed out the parallels with Da Vinci Code are right, with this idea TROS could reinterpret the prophecy by having two Chosen Ones as Space Jesus and Space Maria Magdalena, male and female, yin and yang. However, I ask myself whether the fandom didn’t miss an important point by focusing too much on the lineage instead of her own importance in that story. Whether she is from the Kenobi lineage, the Palpatine lineage, or another, I am sceptical that any would be satisfying enough to explain how a 20 years old Space Maria Magdalena suddenly popped out of nowhere decades after Space Jesus was born and a decade after his death.
Since  the point of the entire sequel trilogy is ro let go of all the old things,  I ask myself what would be the point of insisting she is through Obi-Wan or the motherly side a descendant of an ancient lineage nobody never heard about just to let the past die 1 hour later. As much such as I like Obi-Wan for his Jedi spirit, he definitely didn’t show the outstanding Force skills that she, Ben and Anakin do.  Most important, the lineage would hardly explain why she in particular shares such a strong connection with Ben to the point of literally copying him from the beginning  like Elliot copy E.T. Even more important, that doesn’t explain either where was supposed to be Space Maria Magdalen as Space Jesus was in charge, especially when you know that Force energy transfer after 10 years frankly doesn't make much sense, even in a Star Wars. Based on what Daisy herself said in 2016 (even if it was in the context of TFA), I have always felt that the identity of her lineage could be an important revelation for further development in future Star wars movies.  However, I don't think it’s actually the central point of her character development in the Skywalker arc. By the way, her answers fits perfectly what Maz says to Rey in TFA, which is basically the softer version of “let the past die”:

“Whoever you’re waiting for on Jakku (birth family), they’re never coming back but there is someone who still could (It’s Ben). The belonging you seek is not behind you (past), it is ahead (future)" ==>  belonging = Ben

Let’s also pay attention to the original title that started this trilogy: the Force awakens. Does it suggest that the Force was asleep for a certain time and why exactly? But the cursed Prince(ss) who is supposed to be asleep in that story is Ben himself so could it be that the awakening was referring to him? So here is why I think that the lineage is actually not so important as her own importance in the Skywalker arc based on what Kylo told her :  

Kylo : « You have no place in this story. You come from nothing. You’re nothing…but not to me »

Aside from any lineage, the very profound point is why Rey is so important to Kylo Ren, to the Skywalker family and to the Chosen One arc if what defines her importance is specifically connected to him? Looking back at the sequel trilogy, it’s stricking how her extraordinary abilities to fly the Falcon as she had already done that in the past happened shortly Kylo Ren put a foot on that planet. Then, she proceeds to repair the Falcon as if she already knew how it is made, showing great abilities with mecanics that only the Solo/Skywalker had in these movies. Then,  she shows a sudden ability to read into Kylo's mind without any training as if it was her own. Then, She learns the Jedi mindtrick without any effort as if she had already learnt it before. She could overpower Kylo during their first Force connection, even tapping into the dark side in an aggressive way that is much more reminiscing of Anakin than a Jedi. And let’s talk about Kylo: looking for a girl he isn’t supposed to know, expressing disappointment about her initial identity, telling the stormtroopers to be careful because “she is beginning to test her powers” (why?), being obviously scared that she could enter his mind so easily, being a total mess each time he gets separated while feeling strangely peaceful while being in her presence, wanting her by her side at any cost while not being able to hurt her, assuming he can control her mind during the first Skype force (why?), etc…

Kylo Ren: “It is you…”

Rey: “People keep telling me they know me but no one really does” / Kylo: “But I do…”

All of that look very much like he knows much more than he has revealed yet and my guts tell me this has nothing to do with the lineage but with something connected to him. As far as I know, it’s uncertain when exactly Ben got under Snoke’s grip but there is one element that strikes me now. In TLJ, Luke tells Rey that when he entered his mind, all he could see was darkness in him. There is also this obvious struggle from Ben to extinguish completely any light left within. More important, he talks to Snoke about all the sacrifices he made and we know from the upcoming comics that there was a price to pay in order to join the Knights of Ren. Here is what Kylo said to Han :

Kylo: "Your son is gone. He was weak and foolish so I destroyed him"

But destroyed how ? Since Ben has the rôle of the Prince(ss) in distress, I wonder whether he could have agreed to renounce to something the same way Ariel renounced to her voice. Could it be that Snoke got Ben to renounce to his light side and that the only way was to pass it onto a random child (who was supposed to be killed whether he knew it or not but who got saved a little like Snow White was saved by the Hunter)? The sequence in Rey’s visionis really interesting: cut to Kylo saving Rey, cut to Kylo walking to Rey, cut to Rey being left on Jakku, cut to the Sunlight sucked until nearly no light is left, etc… So could it be that Rey was the random child that became the bearer of Ben/Kylo’s light side, that him putting foot on Jakku awakened this sleeping part of Ben and that the reason why he is pulled to her is partly because he is pulled to his own light side?

Maz: “Close your eyes. Feel it. The light. It’s always been there. It will guide you”  Whisper: It’s Ben…
Snoke: “There has been an awakening. Have you felt it?” / Kylo: “Yes”.
Kylo: “Forgive me. I feel it again. The pull to the light. Supreme Leader senses it”

Let’s keep in mind that beyond all the visual/musical parallels between them, Ben – as well as Obi-Wan of course - is always associated with Hope. IMO, the entire answer of who she is was provided by Maz who opened the following teaser with the question and concluded it with the answer:

Maz: "Who are you?"
Rey: "I’m no one…"
Maz: “Hope (Ben/ Obi-Wan) is not lost today. It (He) is found"

So if that theory makes sense, Rey is no pure reincarnation of Anakin, no clone of Kylo either but his light Force energy possibly passed onto her, which means that she would have the Force energy of the Chosen One within. That would give a reasonable explanation of why she is meant to be as important if not more important than Kylo himself for the galaxy . It would give a reasonable answer to why both are described from the beginning as «  two halves of the same protagonist » or « two pieces coming together », which also would make sense with Adam’s comments that they wanted to do something special with his character. By the way, the mirror scene showed two people merging to form one shape:

Rey: "Something inside me has always been and now it has awaken and I don't know what it is"
Rey: "I know everything I need to know about you" / Kylo: You do? Oh, you do..."
Kylo : "You have that look in your eyes in the forest when you call me a monster" / Rey : "You are a monster!" / Kylo : "Yes I am"
Luke : "I only saw this raw strentgh once before, in Ben Solo. It didn’t scare me enough. I does now"
Luke : "No one’s ever really gone"

In this case, it could explain why Rey was the ray of Hope from the beginning of the story and  why Ben felt drawn, amused but also upset by the power of her light side. It could  explain why Rey filled the void left by Ben so easily,  all the Skywalkers feeling some kind of connection with her and her  screaming in horror as Kylo murdered Han. It could explain why Luke looked so conflicted as she faced him for the time, a moment during which she is described as the “galaxy’s only hope”, possibly referring to both Ben and Obi-Wan. Who knows, maybe Luke became aware of that and this is why he wanted to prevent them from coming together ? After all, they only touched hands briefly so we don’t know what would have happened if that had lasted any longer. It could give a satisfying explanation why she was so strong with the Force since she carries on the light side of the Anakin/Ben while the other carries the dark side of Vader/Kylo, thus giving a sense to the Rise of Skywalker aka the Chosen One. In this case, Reylo is still possible since they aren’t bloody related even romance is definitely not the center of the story. Lastly, that could explain why the hell the Star Wars crew avoids as much as they can to have Adam doing interviews and why he is so nervous to the point that Daisy reassured him once.

As for the ending of the franchise, I  rather expect a bittersweet ending since the crew implied that TROS doesn’t open path to any future Skywalker movie. Of course, I would love to have a happy ending after so many dramas but my realistic side tells me that the greatest love stories are those who remain unsolved. If happening, that theory would also solve the question of a side of the relationship  that was perceived as abusive by a certain part of the audience but paradoxically give Kylo more chance for final redemption despite going darker. Given what was told about Kylo’s arc in TROS, it looks like he is gonna try desperately to extinguish the light within him and try to push any feeling toward Rey aside in order to let the past die and kill it if he has to. As for Rey’s arc, I guess that the goal will be to save Ben from the dark grip of the Big Bad because saving Ben would mean saving herself too since she carries on a little darkness. In the trailers/teasers, she seems constantly on the run to save her skin or going into mission to get something. Most of the time, she is shown in the original role she had in TFA: a scavenger in search of dysfunctional pieces. It looks like she is gonna cross lightsabers with Kylo during the entire movie until the final arc so I'm curious to know how Kylo's struggle will end: .
Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 16 960x012

Like there was a dichotomy between Anakin and Darth Vader, it seems Rey embodies the light shadow and Kylo the dark shadow of Ben to some degree, which means that the battle between Kylo and Reyalso becomes the battle for a soul until the conflict is solved. Otherwise, I have a hard time to see any other scenario where Ben is gonna get redeemed despite Kylo obviously remaining dark during most of the movie.  I maintain that Ben needs to get his own Chosen One moment for all the galaxy to see that the Skywalker didn’t only bring blood and/or failure. Since he as well as his family were targeted by the Big Bad for decades, I rather expect him to give the definitive strike. We could get something close to the Atlantis ending if the planet is in danger of destruction but this time with Rey having the prominent role  in that configuration: it would be a nice parallel with previous movies having repeatedly a Death Star as weapon of massive destruction, ahich was one of the main criticism I heard about TFA. Since the ending was described as very emotional, let’s say I expect some kind remake of Padme’s death scene after the big battle. And since my first post on this forum was about the deleted scene "Finn will be fine" in which I pointed out how Rey's strange reaction parallelled E.T.'s death scene, I would be surprised that J.J. doesn’t give us high emotions with a real death scene involving Space E.T. and Elliott. After all, both Kylo Ren and Rey have reference to the Medieval poem Dies irae (Days of Wrapth) which makes me feel like the scenario of a Rise to prevent destruction like in Atlantis followed by a highly emotional "death" scene would make much sense . Of course, whatever the answers about Rey and the connection with Kylowill be, I expect and hope the writers will make sure that she is her own compelling character beyond any lineage or Force mystery. In any case, I am looking forward for the movie.

Kylo Ren (Ben Solo) : the Focal point between Light and Dark + Rey following him like a shadow  Question
- Kylo/Ben : focal point between Light and Dark ==> Rey : gifted with the power of the Force
- Kylo/Ben : known as the Jedi killer among the First Order  ==> Rey: possesses a heart full of generosity
- Kylo/Ben : skilled in lightsaber combat with telekinestic attacks and defense ==> Rey: a skillful mechanic, scavenger and pilot
Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 16 Tumbl110
Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 16 Ejwsqp12

EDIT: some more background to my predictions

The Lion King teaser and the Japanese TFA teaser

Rafiki : "Who are you?"
Maz   : "Who are you?"

Simba: "I am nobody"
Rey    : "I am no one"

Simba: "I am Simba, son of Mufasa"
Maz   : "Hope is not lost today. It is found"

Simba: "It's just my reflection"
Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 16 Hes-in11
Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 16 Captur10
Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 16 Captur11

Rafiki: "Look harder"
Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 16 F91a9111
Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 16 Starwa12
Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 16 Giphy_11

Maz: "That lightsaber was Luke's and his father's before him. And now, it calls to you"
Kylo: "That lightsaber. It belongs to me"
Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 16 The-fo11
Lawrence Kasdan: "The lightsaber flies into her hand because it belongs into her hand"
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Mon 25 Nov 2019, 4:02 am

My last predictions..probably a whole lotta crack but it's been fun.  Some based off possible spoilers so spoiler tags:

Spoiler:

Last edited by Gemini on Mon 25 Nov 2019, 5:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Mon 25 Nov 2019, 4:49 am

@reylo1992

The Lion King/Subconcious/Kijimi summation study: ... I could not have said it better myself Very Happy ...The scepter shall not pass from Judah ( Leo) until Shiloh comes.. The saber belongs in her hands..

But Kylo does not live in Rey... Simba's story is about lineage it is about his father and carry on his legacy and taking his rightful place on ( PRYDE) Pride's rock...

El Rey Leon is her own person with her Own story... not just a shadow of Kylo or his reflection...

Genesis 49:10
Judah is a young lion—my son, you return from the prey. Like a lion he crouches and lies down; like a lioness, who dares to rouse him? The scepter will not depart from Judah, nor the staff from between his feet, until Shiloh comes and the allegiance of the nations is his.

@gemini

Love it.. but I would add this... The Skywalkers are chosen... but it is a combo ChiRo..Christ has 2 Aspects theologically, mythologicaly and astrologically.. So the Key THE KEY is it will take a Skywalker and Kenobi to form the Christ that kills Palps... but one Christ is the sacrifice.. the sacrificial bull ( Taurus) the lamb that is slain.....one HAS to die.. ( throne of roses) but the Kenobi/Leo has the crushing blow on Hydra/Palps...

But don't worry Kylo/Ben fans.. the lamb lives... and is resurrected... Scorpio/Eagle/Phoenix...

2 there is always 2!

Oh lawd.. Terrio/Eschatology!!.. End times.. Revelation Apocalypse... when you are on the right track the pieces of the puzzle start to fit..

DIES IRAE is about Revelation..

Jesus Christ Superstar

This scene is reminiscient of what we have scene so far and according to Jedi Paxis Leaks it is an arena with acolytes.. I imagine it will look like a biblical place and Greek Theater... mmm... under Jesus feet like Rey there are crosses... and of course white is the theme..

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 16 2700b0407051a9ba86d9ea4d197f3bc5c274750d

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 16 E7745795c48ffd96f7f79b1cda81793da15952ff

I am pretty sure the Jedi Paxis leaks say something about Acolytes in the arena... it must look something like this but I bet the Acolytes are super creepy

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 16 554c452092c5e6a61488e72dac569595a1b08e82

Last edited by spacebaby45678 on Mon 25 Nov 2019, 7:30 am; edited 1 time in total
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Mon 25 Nov 2019, 6:57 am

@reylo1992

I like the analogy.

I think it may be worth throwing in Spacebaby's similar predictions from a few months ago, we have one key difference.

@spacebaby45678 also highlighted the iceberg and the subconscious mind back in late October as well as Lion king reflection/Rey seeing herself in the cave and Rey being Simba a few months ago. However I think we differ on the symbolism of what it means. Simba never saw Nala (his love interest) as a reflection, it was always his father who lived in him so if Rey connects with Simba and that reflection, it would be about who she is and who lives within her as her driving force that's "always been there". You also have Rafiki saying "everyone is a somebody, even a nobody" in those moments which lends itself, IMO to Rey someone not Rey Nobody only connected to importance through Kylo.

For some reference, Spacebabys Simba reflection post 13th April 2019:
spacebaby45678 wrote:And we are back to the Lion King metaphors for Rey. She goes to the cave asking to see her parents she only sees herself. Now Luke like Rafiki tells her that 1000 generations of jedi live in you now.

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 16 Tumblr_m4xx6909pi1qghkx5o1_500
Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 16 Giphy

Extended about Rey in the cave seeing her reflection from June 2019:
Spoiler:
@spacebaby45678

Her post on the iceberg and subconscious mind from October 2019
spacebaby45678 wrote:Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 16 7aa859d9466a7adf907d67fe687317f810042283

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 16 D72c481c16c4f02ec7d8af37c9ea360c
@spacebaby45678

More on the unconscious mind/iceberg from Spacebaby:
Spoiler:
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Mon 25 Nov 2019, 7:42 am

@gemini

Yes the message of the Lion King is simple tale, a child's story about finding ones place in the circle of life and how that connects to those that have come before you...

In the Pride Lands of Africa, a pride of lions rule over the animal kingdom from Pride Rock. King Mufasa's and Queen Sarabi's newborn son, Simba, is presented to the gathering animals by Rafiki the mandrill, the kingdom's shaman and adviser. Mufasa shows Simba the Pride Lands and explains to him the responsibilities of kingship and the "circle of life", which connects all living things. ( The FORCE)

It's everything you could ever want. Nala: Simba, we need to leave. Scar has taken over with the hyenas. You have to take your place as king.

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 16 Tumblr_oxl4ymHrZw1rszoo3o1_540

Rey's Place is not as Kylo ( Scar's) wife.. her place is not just as a friend for Poe & Finn. Rey's place is as a key of the missing puzzle that JJ talked about in TFA BTS... as a Kenobi..

Kylo and Anakin are Scar...George is NOT subtle...

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 16 SEk3RMIjjhhJIMxQ0UsJYpqClf9iK77PEQUlssTAYYY

Also.. funny how the mind works.. never noticed that Luke's hangman is so literal to the Tarot card of hangman... he is upside down in an iceberg.. notice after this is when he first sees (SEES) Obi Wan's forceghost

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Mon 25 Nov 2019, 7:47 am

spacebaby45678 wrote:@reylo1992

The Lion King/Subconcious/Kijimi summation is Chef's kiss study ... I could not have said it better myself Very Happy ...The scepter shall not pass from Judah ( Leo) until Shiloh comes.. The saber belongs in her hands..

Genesis 49:10
Judah is a young lion—my son, you return from the prey. Like a lion he crouches and lies down; like a lioness, who dares to rouse him? The scepter will not depart from Judah, nor the staff from between his feet, until Shiloh comes and the allegiance of the nations is his.

@gemini

Love it.. but I would add this... The Skywalkers are chosen... but it is a combo ChiRo..Christ has 2 Aspects theologically, mythologicaly and astrologically.. So the Key THE KEY is it will take a Skywalker and Kenobi to form the Christ that kills Palps... but one Christ is the sacrifice.. the sacrificial bull ( Taurus) the lamb that is slain.....one HAS to die.. ( throne of roses) but the Kenobi/Leo has the crushing blow on Hydra/Palps...

But don't worry Kylo/Ben fans.. the lamb lives... and is resurrected... Scorpio/Eagle/Phoenix...

2 there is always 2!

Oh lawd.. Terrio/Eschatology!!.. End times.. Revelation Apocalypse... when you are on the right track the pieces of the puzzle start to fit..

Jesus Christ Superstar

This scene is reminiscient of what we have scene so far and according to Jedi Paxis Leaks it is an arena with acolytes.. I imagine it will look like a biblical place and Greek Theater... mmm... under Jesus feet like Rey there are crosses... and of course white is the theme..

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 16 2700b0407051a9ba86d9ea4d197f3bc5c274750d

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 16 554c452092c5e6a61488e72dac569595a1b08e82
@spacebaby45678

Totally agree with everything there. I believe that this line delivered by C3PO - who was there from the very beginning - is key : "if this mission, all was for nothing". I mean, making 9 movies  focusing on the tragedy of one family to reveal 40 years later that "surprise, surprise" they were never meant to be the Chosen Ones in one way or another ? J.J. said that there is no intention to trick the audience and Daisy said that the ending of TROS would be less controversial than Game of Throne's, which IMO would definitely not be the case if they tell the audience that actually a Kenobi is the true Chosen One that a Skywalker was never meant to be because he was random or creation of Evil. I believe the complete answer to the enigma is in this poster which represents the Balance :
Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 16 Jdr05k11
At first sight, it seems to represent the combination of the dark side and the light side, the male and female energy, the yin and yang formed by the Twin Suns Ren and Rey. Looking deeper, the poster also seems to  Trinity, described as an unique God embodied in three distinct persons. There are indeed three characters in this poster: Palpatine (The Father?), Ren (the Son?) and Rey (Holy Spirit?). And looking even deeper, the hands themselves form that Trinity which I believe is the right combination to defeat the Sith, one of Ren's hand (=Ren?) and both of Rey's hands (Rey + Ben?), one of Rey's arm being perfectly alined with Ren's arm (= Ben + Ren) while the other is distinct (= Rey?) and meet them. So if I interpret well the message, there are actually distinct entities  embodied in the Twin Suns to form the Christ that will bring balance to the Force:  
- A Kenobi (Rey = Obi-Wan)
- The light Force energy of a Skywalker (Ben = Anakin)
- The dark Force energy of a Skywalker (Kylo = Vader)

Oscar Isaac alluded in an interview to a chessgame between the Sith and the Jedi and that the Rise of Skywalker would be about checkmate. So maybe that the reason why it didn't work in the Prequel is because the combination of the Chosen One wasn't the right one and that's how the prophecy was misinterpreted ?  

Wrong combination in the Prequels ?   ==> Anakin (light side) & Vader (dark side) / Kenobi (light side)
Right combination in the Sequels?     ==> Ren (dark side) / Ben & Rey (light side) ?

By the way, I love @gemini 's prediction that Rey would be the daughter of General Pryde as son of Obi-Wan and Qi'ra, thus making her the daughter of "dark" parents mirroring Ben as the son of "light" parents. IMO, the simple fact that she is a descendant of Kenobi can't explain through why Ren feels a sense of familiarity in her presence and shares such a strong connection with her that the former Skywalkers and Kenobis didn't. It probably means that her parents are not the most important component of her identity and her importance in the story. So I believe it's no mistake that instead of showing the parents, the mirror showed her two shapes merging into one, that definitely looke like Ben. So all of this makes sense, the reason why Ben is her mirroring image is because he lives in her in one way or another for a reason that the movie will explain. From the very beginning, it looks like Rey is following Ren like his light shadow while Ren is following Rey like her dark shadow so there must be something that links them, which I guess is none other than the light side of the Skywalker - Ben (Anakin) - with Rey having a little darkness in her while Ren was left with a little light in him (like Disney Hercules who was turned into a Himan with a little of his Godlike power left because he didn't drink the potion until the end?)
Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 16 Rey-va10
Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 16 Ej1nhc10
Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 16 Ej1nhc11
Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 16 Starwa13
Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 16 Captur23
Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 16 Gy2njm10
Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 16 86ee6810
Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 16 Captur22
Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 16 Never-10

If this is the case, I guess that the Sacrifice will consist into passing the dark energy of the Skywalker onto her, which means that Ren will have to die. By the way, maybe that would give a satisfying explanation why Ren was trying to resis the pull to the light and extinguish the remaining light in him:

Kylo: "Forgive me, I feel it again. The pull to the light. Show me the power of the darkness and nothing will stand in our way. Show me Grandfather and I will finish what you started"

Thus, Rey Kenobi is "important to the entire galaxy" because she is the Key that will finally enable the Rise of Skywalker:
Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 16 220px-10
Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 16 Atlant10
Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 16 Captur16

Apocalypse will endanger the planet  - and the Galaxy - of destruction and we will get the reverse of this TFA scene with the protective Force field paralleling the destructive Force field of the Death Star/Starkiller base:
Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 16 Captur19
Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 16 Captur20
Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 16 Captur21
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Mon 25 Nov 2019, 8:01 am

Gemini wrote:@reylo1992

I like the analogy.

I think it may be worth throwing in Spacebaby's similar predictions from a few months ago, we have one key difference.

@spacebaby45678 also highlighted the iceberg and the subconscious mind back in late October as well as Lion king reflection/Rey seeing herself in the cave and Rey being Simba a few months ago. However I think we differ on the symbolism of what it means. Simba never saw Nala (his love interest) as a reflection, it was always his father who lived in him so if Rey connects with Simba and that reflection, it would be about who she is and who lives within her as her driving force that's "always been there". You also have Rafiki saying "everyone is a somebody, even a nobody" in those moments which lends itself, IMO to Rey someone not Rey Nobody only connected to importance through Kylo.

For some reference, Spacebabys Simba reflection post 13th April 2019:
spacebaby45678 wrote:And we are back to the Lion King metaphors for Rey. She goes to the cave asking to see her parents she only sees herself. Now Luke like Rafiki tells her that 1000 generations of jedi live in you now.

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 16 Tumblr_m4xx6909pi1qghkx5o1_500
Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 16 Giphy

Extended about Rey in the cave seeing her reflection from June 2019:
Spoiler:
@spacebaby45678

Her post on the iceberg and subconscious mind from October 2019
spacebaby45678 wrote:Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 16 7aa859d9466a7adf907d67fe687317f810042283

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 16 D72c481c16c4f02ec7d8af37c9ea360c
@spacebaby45678

More on the unconscious mind/iceberg from Spacebaby:
Spoiler:
@Gemini

Thanks Very Happy Sorry, I was writing my own post before reading this. All of that is great stuff. I had no time to go through the entire Rey Kenobi thread these last months but from the few I have read these last days, you guys have brillantly pointed out the parallels and the importance of Rey Kenobi in that puzzle. If that's what Lucasfilm had in mind, it's gonna be a beautiful conclusion to the franchise.
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Mon 25 Nov 2019, 8:10 am

@reylo1992

Your post is excellent too and I do see the shadow self and Kylo being the other half Yin/Yang as well Smile They fit together perfectly like that.

Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Mon 25 Nov 2019, 9:19 am

To continue with this, I find the composition of the international poster interesting too, beyond the callback to the poster of ANH:
Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 16 Ej5u6f10

It looked a little strange to me at first sight and now I see it with with a new perspective. Like for the Empire cover, we have some kind of reference to Trinity. Very interesting that they wanted to separate Ren &  Ben, with Ren as a huge shadow high in the background and Ben so low in the forefront. Notice how Ben seems small, defenseless and strategically placed between Rey's legs as if he is under her protection. Here again, we have a clear separation with Ren representing the dark side in the background and Rey & Ben representing the light side in the forefront. They are the three characters placed at the center of the poster as if they are three distinctives persons forming one essence, Rey being the one in the middle of them, surrounded by the halo of light and holding the Skywalker lightsaber high.
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16