Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

+66
krissy01
bruna8728
OrionStars
Gemini
reynpain
KiraRen2015
PalmettoBlue
Irina de France
whisperingwillow
cherrylipstick
Darth Dementor
LadyGaufrette
Casper
Lovely_Rose
Krafty
Forsythia
fuhry
SkyStar
special_cases
nickandnora
twilekempire
Saracene
KnightsofReylo_2015
MaddieDove
giaciak2
Kylo Rey
californiagirl
Teo oswald
SW_Heroine_Journey
Dar-ren19
Birdwoman
12 Parsnips
snufkin
Starliteprism
thescavenger
Cowgirlsamurai
vaderito
Kyla Ren
SoloSideCousin
Night Huntress
Acritiqua
ZioRen
spacebaby45678
Riri
Geralt_Riv
unicorn
SanghaRen
Mielikki
nemapasara
MrsWindu
loversinthestorm
Lily Snape
nana7marie
tukicarreno
rey09
DarthRen
Moonlight13
Atenais
EchoBase
FrolickingFizzgig
Oscarborough-fairo
motherofpearl1
DeeBee
rawpowah
AhsokaTano
Reylo Lemon
70 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 12 Empty Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by motherofpearl1 Thu 25 Jul 2019, 9:23 am

Does anyone know when the Kylo comic comes out?
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Thu 25 Jul 2019, 9:52 am

@motherofpearl1
Kylo age of resistance comic comes out sept 25th
Allegiance 4 part series with kylo too from October
Rise of kylo Ren series starting December

https://www.starwars.com/news/sdcc-2019-marvels-the-rise-of-kylo-ren-revealed-and-more-highlights-from-the-lucasfilm-publishing-panel

AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Thu 25 Jul 2019, 9:55 am

Sounds great!

Another reason I hope Kylo and Rey end up together is they might continue their adventures in the comics.

Apart from Kylo being killed off, the one thing that will break my heart is if Rey ends up alone.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by 12 Parsnips Thu 25 Jul 2019, 10:04 am

SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:
12 Parsnips wrote:@SW_Heroine_Journey

I usually skip the SW Show, but I pounced on this one pretty fast. Wink Spoiler alert: They don't exactly brush Kylo Ren's hair. How disappointing. Laughing
@12 Parsnips

Indeed, Adam Driver does not make an appearance! lol

It's nothing like this:  haha

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 12 EASK7reU8AAQG9T?format=jpg&name=small

However, another character Adam Driver played, that is a cheerleader for Kylo, is seen Wink Very Happy

I agree with Sleemo, the entire concept is so....wh..aaaa...t? Haha the only marketing purpose (because it is the title/headline for the show) is to soften his perception. I love it! Smile
@SW_Heroine_Journey

Yes, just seeing Kylo Ren's fluffy hair is what the people want!  I love you  Wink Lucasfilm seems to be assuring us it's one of the cars on the Bendemption train (along with his birth announcement, "Unca Wanwo," etc.)! Razz
12 Parsnips
12 Parsnips
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Thu 25 Jul 2019, 10:15 am

Omg has anyone watched the new veronica mars season?? I'm so traumatized and now my paranoia for reylo is back. First jonerys, now this, is reylo next?? *cries*

Last edited by rey09 on Thu 25 Jul 2019, 10:17 am; edited 1 time in total

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Thu 25 Jul 2019, 10:17 am

Am I the only one who wants to stroke Kylo's hair?
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Thu 25 Jul 2019, 10:22 am

motherofpearl1 wrote:Am I the only one who wants to stroke Kylo's hair?
@motherofpearl1

Not at all! Very Happy Smile
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Thu 25 Jul 2019, 1:13 pm

@rey09 I don't watch Veronica Mars, but the connections people try to make between completely different franchises by different companies aimed at different audiences, sometimes in different genres, I've always found honestly a stretch, even little ridiculous. SW is not GoT, and it's not the detective show either.

I was going to post this in the prediction thread, but got beaten to the punch! GL talking to Favreau, probably said something like this to JJ and Rian as well, said that the most important thing is to keep the kids in mind, that the main idea is imparting knowledge for the future to them. I almost feel like George showing up occasionally to offer sage advice and wisdom is like his force ghost, even after he left LF.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Thu 25 Jul 2019, 1:37 pm

@californiagirl
I saw this Smile as @spacebaby45678 posted it too on predictions thread . Thank you both of you Smile Am guilty of doing this I know - finding connections between franchises . Really needed to hear George say this to remind me what it’s all about so I don’t get carried away . Lol!
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Thu 25 Jul 2019, 3:25 pm

AhsokaTano wrote:@californiagirl
I saw this Smile  as @spacebaby45678 posted it too on predictions thread . Thank you both of you  Smile Am guilty of doing this I know - finding connections between franchises . Really needed to hear George say this to  remind me what it’s all about so I don’t get carried away . Lol!
@AhsokaTano

The Maker is the master remixer, better than Kanye I say, and GL is the one that makes those connections to other franchises. Sometimes what GL copies is just visual, sometimes it is thematic... it just depends.  LK motifs start with Obi Wan in the PT, this must because GL had attached Obi Wan to the constellation of Leo.

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 12 2Q==

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 12 WANrsQgNoVuIWW36s_4wJdAwN0rmOyWHF0_N2E_imMShuCo8esTjOOhwqcmyAA-Q0vlrww=s170

Here is a great website that gives you Star Wars origins and all of the "franchises" that influenced GL originally. Flash Gordon was a "franchise" they used to be called "serials."

http://www.moongadget.com/origins/dune.html

Of course my favorite is Dune. I have inklings that Jack Kirby was highly influential on George also, and George is a Trekkie. He even attended a Trek convention back in the 70's.

So I was totally bored the other night and needed to watch something new, but light and I decided to watch John Carter. And whoa, I saw this. They {The Thern leader, Matai Shang, "We serve the Goddess . . . and she has chosen you to receive this weapon} floated out of the sky just like The Whills in TCW and sure enough the John Carter series of adventure novels was highly influential to George.. It came out from Disney in 2012 and promptly flopped.

https://www.starwars.com/news/the-cinema-behind-star-wars-john-carter

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 12 Jcm-10

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 12 C2qGsebXEAEYU_T

So don't stop speculating sometimes the connections you see or perceive lead you to a dead end or had no connection at all or sometimes you will find that indeed there was something more to it. It is all in fun. Smile
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Thu 25 Jul 2019, 5:02 pm

californiagirl wrote:@rey09 I don't watch Veronica Mars, but the connections people try to make between completely different franchises by different companies aimed at different audiences, sometimes in different genres, I've always found honestly a stretch, even little ridiculous. SW is not GoT, and it's not the detective show either.

I was going to post this in the prediction thread, but got beaten to the punch! GL talking to Favreau, probably said something like this to JJ and Rian as well, said that the most important thing is to keep the kids in mind, that the main idea is imparting knowledge for the future to them. I almost feel like George showing up occasionally to offer sage advice and wisdom is like his force ghost, even after he left LF.
@californiagirl

Well we can say we all agree that reylo just makes sense, but sadly many writers and producers will do their own take on things. It's like how Luke fans were upset that he was killed off- people just felt robbed. But rian felt it was the right thing to do. JJ could easily just do something like that to us.

Also I'll just explain the real reason why I am pissed.

Spoiler:

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Thu 25 Jul 2019, 7:08 pm

@rey09 Wow, that writer honestly seems like he's trolling. Like he doesn't really care about what's best for the story. People might doubt JJ, but he's certainly not as spiteful as that, and he generally pairs off leading ladies. Yup, also reminds me of GoT a little bit.

I'm well aware of the various films etc. that influenced GL, but they tended to predate SW by a bit (Kurosawa, westerns, fairy tales, the sweeping desert shots of Lawrence of Arabia etc). The discussions that happen here sometimes circle more around current franchises, like the MCU, GoT, and other shows. But these productions, and especially films, are so long in production, especially when done back to back in a series like the ST, it would be impossible for them to emulate whatever is going on at the moment.

SW was a blast to the past when it first came out, not even following a modern trend at all. The same holds true now. There's a certain earnestness and sincerity SW has always had, even when it isn't necessarily good, that almost seems from another, more innocent time. Not everything has to be edgy, snarky, quippy, and mocking, from Marvel to even animated kids' films. Unless we really think the filmmakers just desperately want to conform to what everyone else is doing, the messages of SW be darned, despite all signs indicating otherwise.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Thu 25 Jul 2019, 7:12 pm

Also:
Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 12 Scree542
Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 12 Scree541

Screenrant really has gone downhill into the clickbait hole these past few years, haven't they? I love when the LF people shoot down online nonsense like this.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Fri 26 Jul 2019, 12:10 am

It is not impossible for current franchises, movies, television or even music and the arts to emulate each other. While not always deliberate, I believe this happens for several reasons, archetypes are universal, the hero's journey is universal and then there is the zeitgeist of the moment and whatever that is or maybe.  It could be, for instance a woman taking on a role that was previously a man's like say 007 or any myriad of things that become popular in any given era.

For example, just compare the trailer to of Captain Marvel and TLJ. Several reoccurring themes pop up. The "war" is just beginning, the protagonist needs to let go of the past ( according to the villain) and the protagonist has a power that they are not sure of, where it came from and what to do with it. How does this happen? Is there an agenda? or is it all accidental? Considering that both CM & TLJ are both in the House of Mouse, the similarities may not be an accident. Is Hollywood an echo chamber for creators or are they just a community peers where they are sharing ideas and influencing each other, long before any of their projects are even in production? Just think back to that small group of friends that was Spielberg, Lucas, Coppola, Scorsese, and De Palma.

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by twilekempire Fri 26 Jul 2019, 8:58 am

rey09 wrote:
californiagirl wrote:@rey09 I don't watch Veronica Mars, but the connections people try to make between completely different franchises by different companies aimed at different audiences, sometimes in different genres, I've always found honestly a stretch, even little ridiculous. SW is not GoT, and it's not the detective show either.

@californiagirl

Well we can say we all agree that reylo just makes sense, but sadly many writers and producers will do their own take on things. It's like how Luke fans were upset that he was killed off- people just felt robbed. But rian felt it was the right thing to do. JJ could easily just do something like that to us.

Spoiler:
@rey09

Spoiler:
twilekempire
twilekempire
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Fri 26 Jul 2019, 2:14 pm

twilekempire wrote:
rey09 wrote:

@californiagirl

Spoiler:
@rey09

Spoiler:
@twilekempire

Rob Thomas's excuse reminds me of how many star wars fans think Rey should just be alone, she don't need no man. Kylo could easily be redeemed but then not have his happy ending with rey. I'm worried JJ will also ultimately take this "feminist" twist. I felt pretty sure veronica would end up in marital bliss, it made sense as she and logan have been thru a lot and be happy together, but then no, the writer decides to take a disturbing twist just for funsies.

Last edited by rey09 on Fri 26 Jul 2019, 3:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nana7marie Fri 26 Jul 2019, 3:40 pm

@rey09 What that author said about his female character and how he couldn’t possibly envision her in a happy relationship is just awful - like you said, it’s ‘it’s impossible for a strong woman to have a love interest as love diminishes her strength’ misogynist nonsense. L-puke Luckily, Abrams seems to be better than this Smile .
nana7marie
nana7marie
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Sat 27 Jul 2019, 8:52 pm

So much of this thread is so sweet. TFA love! Can't wait until after the ST is over so JJ and Rian can gush over each other even more. Also, if you find the thread, Edgar Wright has a riot in the comments.

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 12 Scree552
Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 12 Scree546
Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 12 Scree544
Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 12 Scree545

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 12 Scree553
Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 12 Scree556

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 12 Scree557
Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 12 Scree559
Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 12 Scree558
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sat 27 Jul 2019, 8:57 pm

Caught this gem of a thread from a visual effects artist from ILM about Rey's portion bread. It really breaks down how this shot is more than just the (admittedly impressive) practical effect. It's also the cinematography for how it's shot and Daisy's performance with the small hand gestures which hold the viewer's focus so seeing the bread "bake" is a surprise/delight. It's also just one section of Rey's entirely silent introduction sequence which uses the same details so that by the end of it, the viewer already has a sense of who she is (somebody who's resilient but also living off of the bare scraps of social and material sustenance) and has gained their attention/sympathy.

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 12 Screen39
Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 12 Screen40
Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 12 Screen38

Also excellent supporting detail from Rian. This type of anecdote is why the "JJ is a hack with no imagination or skill who will ruin my fantasy Star Wars saga culmination story because he said GL was overly reliant on CGI and he was going to use practical effects only" crowd make my eyes roll super hard back in my head. Enjoy continuing to be bitter and pessimistic, I'm looking forward to one more movie to dissect the visual storytelling and cinematography for.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman Sat 27 Jul 2019, 11:34 pm

I saw that thread on twitter and found it extremely interesting since I know so little about film making.

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Sun 28 Jul 2019, 4:36 am

Re: that Veronica Mars stuff, I really wouldn't worry about it, because that ending was obviously done with the idea of continuing the series, rather than wrapping the story up. Happy relationships are boring drama and what I think the writer is saying is that these two characters would have to be torn apart later on anyway.

It's like, the chances of a happy or hopeful Reylo ending would have been way closer to nil if Rey and Kylo actually hooked up in TLJ.

Speaking of other TV shows and Reylo, I just finished watching The Bridge, the Scandinavian crime series, and

Spoiler:
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Sun 28 Jul 2019, 10:48 am

Saracene wrote:Re: that Veronica Mars stuff, I really wouldn't worry about it, because that ending was obviously done with the idea of continuing the series, rather than wrapping the story up. Happy relationships are boring drama and what I think the writer is saying is that these two characters would have to be torn apart later on anyway.

It's like, the chances of a happy or hopeful Reylo ending would have been way closer to nil if Rey and Kylo actually hooked up in TLJ.

Speaking of other TV shows and Reylo, I just finished watching The Bridge, the Scandinavian crime series, and

Spoiler:
@Saracene

But that's the thing, they are probably going to continue the series. And I get how couples can get boring but I think it's just a lazy excuse. And if the main character will be busy with her job, there doesn't always need to be drama in her love life. Rob thomas said this recently: “I really feel like it’s going to be a better show that has a chance to attract new fans if we are not still telling the story of a high school boyfriend as he was introduced. I think we have to shed the teen soap element of the show in order to get to keep making more.” But he wasn't the same teenage boy AT ALL. He went thru major development, and then thomas just thought ok well that's done so bye bye. It's basically if kylo goes thru a lot of incredible change, gets epic redemption and then is killed off (and not brought back) because that's just the ONLY way to end it. That would be horrible.

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Sun 28 Jul 2019, 12:37 pm

lol! Here's hoping we see Anthony wearing such a shirt on the SW Show soon! Razz Very Happy

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 12 Screen30
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Sun 28 Jul 2019, 4:24 pm

@“rey09” They might continue the series down the track, but right now they’re saying that this is it for the Skywalker saga, which is a big difference. For now, it’s all about the “satisfying ending” rather than talking about their vision of how they see the series continue with Rey still the main character.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sun 28 Jul 2019, 9:02 pm

Satisfying ending/culmination = ending the cycle inflicted on 3 generations of one family by the machinations of the Emperor.

RE: Veronica Mars,
Spoiler:
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next