Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

+72
Gemlake
Ynqve
LadyHa
Blood Moon
nickandnora
Teo oswald
lauvamp
giaciak2
Kyla Ren
Starliteprism
Riri
twilekempire
12 Parsnips
Moonjump05
Dar-ren19
DeeBee
Darth Rowan
Let The Past Die
MyOnlyHope
teltaru
cherrylipstick
Tex
adamdrivershair
special_cases
Acritiqua
Lily Snape
Geralt_Riv
MindAndMagic
kroi
Night Huntress
Lucina
Xylo Ren
ReyloSpanishFan
snufkin
Kylo Rey
rey09
SkyStar
EchoBase
IoJovi
Darth_Awakened
FrolickingFizzgig
Cowgirlsamurai
SanghaRen
thescavenger
Irina de France
Saracene
Kessel
SoloSideCousin
californiagirl
TheLastJedi
shii405
MrsWindu
SheLitAFire
MeadowofAshes
whisperingwillow
Piper Maru
Reylo Lemon
Rei of Sunshine
Moonlight13
Armadeus
Atenais
Mana
Birdwoman
unicorn
BenRey
CienaRee
Little_Boots
DarthRen
reylo1992
ISeeAnIsland
ZioRen
vaderito
76 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram Empty Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Thu 21 Dec 2017, 9:51 am

Oh my god, guys. This is me checking this thread for replies since I posted JB's tweet yesterday:
Sorry for causing the discourse, but I thought John was just being funny.

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram Zki6LEk

Last edited by Cowgirlsamurai on Thu 21 Dec 2017, 9:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram Empty Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by IoJovi Thu 21 Dec 2017, 9:53 am

Cowgirlsamurai wrote:Oh my god, guys. This is me checking this thread for replies since I posted JB's tweet yesterday:
Sorry for causing the discourse, but I thought John was just being funny.

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram Zki6LEk
@Cowgirlsamurai

It’s not just you. I’m surprised too this is getting more air time than it deserves...
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Thu 21 Dec 2017, 9:57 am

IoJovi wrote:  

It’s not just you.  I’m surprised too this is getting more air time than it deserves...
@IoJovi

I guess people are already over TLJ and are trying to make a IX news out of nothing.

IMO, perhaps this thread should be restricted to relevant tweets only - Pablo, Rian, plot-based interviews but leave any actor's tweet that's just him/her being funny out.

That said, Mark's Reywalker jokes were indeed a sign that Rey wasn't related like we figured out. I remember when Johnny Grasso said in the podcast there was no way they would have allowed him to joke about slipping that Rey was Luke's if she was (re: Mark trolling Reywalkers at the celebration Orlando with "near slip").
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Thu 21 Dec 2017, 10:52 am

John's joking around about that scene where Rey is looking at Finn tending to Rose. I read this as him making a snarky joke take on it like "See, people who kept whining that Finn was friendzoned by Rey? Turns out Finn got his own girl and he was the one who friendzoned Rey. Now she's totally jelly!"

John messes around on his Twitter a lot and I'm sure he'd laugh if he thought some fans were freaking out over or praising those tweets as the second coming of FinnRey.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Thu 21 Dec 2017, 11:44 am

vaderito wrote:
IoJovi wrote:  

It’s not just you.  I’m surprised too this is getting more air time than it deserves...
@IoJovi

I guess people are already over TLJ and are trying to make a IX news out of nothing.

IMO, perhaps this thread should be restricted to relevant tweets only - Pablo, Rian, plot-based interviews but leave any actor's tweet that's just him/her being funny out.

That said, Mark's Reywalker jokes were indeed a sign that Rey wasn't related like we figured out. I remember when Johnny Grasso said in the podcast there was no way they would have allowed him to joke about slipping that Rey was Luke's if she was (re: Mark trolling Reywalkers at the celebration Orlando with "near slip").
@vaderito

I like reading the actors' tweets, but IMO, anyone freaking out over a crack made by an actor should probably take their concerns to Fan Fatigue or the Doubts threads.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Thu 21 Dec 2017, 3:40 pm

I don't think there is anything to worry about that tweet from John. I saw Rey's look. There is indeed sadness in her stare. But I don't think it is jealousy. The fact is : Rey had these intense Force connection with Kylo and everything went wrong in the end. She thought that she had found someone in him that could fill the gap and was disappointed. She has closed the door temporarily to him. And when she meets Finn again, he is the first person she ever bond. And she sees that he has now this girl he takes care. And I think that there is sadness and maybe jealousy because she realizes that she is more alone than ever despite having all these people around. I think that she already knows deep inside that Finn will find in Rose a future lover. So she won't have Finn all for herself because a friend cannot be your belonging. And I think she realizes to that you don't find in your friend(s) a belonging you can really fill a gap with. Plus, I definitely thinks that making Finn a love interest for Rey would send a strange message, especially if - like me - you find that her meeting with Poe hold more subtext than her interactions with Finn. So if Finn would become Rey's love interest, we have potentially love triangle involving Rey-Kylo-Finn ( +Poe)...
Discussions: Tweets/Instagram Index23
...and potentially a quadruple love triangle involving Finn-Rose-Rey( + Poe)
Discussions: Tweets/Instagram Lucill11

And tbh, there are way more interesting things to cover in the last chapter of the Skywalker franchise than love triangle so...

reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Thu 21 Dec 2017, 4:00 pm

Rey watching Finnrose “Aww, I wish I could have something like that. If only my would be boyfriend hadn’t gone Renperor on us.”

Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase Thu 21 Dec 2017, 4:06 pm

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram D84e4a10
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Thu 21 Dec 2017, 4:12 pm

KrazyForKylo wrote:
DarthRen wrote:
Piper Maru wrote:I think John is just trolling and going with the flow.
@Piper Maru

I wish he was but what if?! I mean, I get if Rey feels threatened that Rose might take Finn's attention because I've had it in my real life but she might have some feelings there. She seemingly close the door on Kylo and then sees this what could have been. I mean, one of the reason I'm sort of annoyed is that if you want to do something thencommit to it. Don't do thiss by offering vague hints that can mean anything and bait fans into thinking something. Be transparent.
@DarthRen

There were deleted scenes of Finn suggesting he has feelings beyond friendship for Rey and Rose being jealous. It’s all detailed here https://t.co/tq41Vp5NBF?amp=1 I guess we will see them on the blu-ray.
@KrazyForKylo

I think he moved on or will in the future definitely be with her. Even if that kiss from Rose was one-sided, as Finn seemed surprised by it. They're evolving towards it or at least I think so.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Thu 21 Dec 2017, 4:23 pm

Finn and Rose are endgame af. Nobody's going to spend the last 2-3 hours of storytelling on a love quadrangle. Rey has Jedi books to study and they all have a rebellion to rebuild. This is not Gossip Girl.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Dec 2017, 4:27 pm

DarthRen wrote:
KrazyForKylo wrote:
DarthRen wrote:
@Piper Maru

I wish he was but what if?! I mean, I get if Rey feels threatened that Rose might take Finn's attention because I've had it in my real life but she might have some feelings there. She seemingly close the door on Kylo and then sees this what could have been. I mean, one of the reason I'm sort of annoyed is that if you want to do something thencommit to it. Don't do thiss by offering vague hints that can mean anything and bait fans into thinking something. Be transparent.
@DarthRen

There were deleted scenes of Finn suggesting he has feelings beyond friendship for Rey and Rose being jealous. It’s all detailed here https://t.co/tq41Vp5NBF?amp=1 I guess we will see them on the blu-ray.
@KrazyForKylo

I think he moved on or will in the future definitely be with her. Even if that kiss from Rose was one-sided, as Finn seemed surprised by it. They're evolving towards it or at least I think so.
@DarthRen

Yes, I’m pretty sure Finn will realise Rose is the one for him. He and Rey will always be friends, and I hope Rey and Rose will also become good friends. A love triangle isn’t likely to happen and would be a disservice to all 3 characters. It’s a good thing Rian realised it too and took those scenes out.

Back to top Go down

Post by MyOnlyHope Thu 21 Dec 2017, 4:41 pm

KrazyForKylo wrote:
DarthRen wrote:
KrazyForKylo wrote:
DarthRen wrote:
@Piper Maru

@DarthRen

@KrazyForKylo

@DarthRen

Yes, I’m pretty sure Finn will realise Rose is the one for him. He and Rey will always be friends, and I hope Rey and Rose will also become good friends. A love triangle isn’t likely to happen and would be a disservice to all 3 characters. It’s a good thing Rian realised it too and took those scenes out.
@KrazyForKylo
He probably just removed those scenes because they were redundant, not because the intention was ever to create any kind of romantic quandrangle. Finn pining after Rey is obvious in the beginning of the film, but it's not presented as anything romantic. Rian never even went near that idea. To suggest as much is just wrong IMO. We didn't need a scene of Rose pointing out that Finn wanted to follow Rey around because that was already made clear.
MyOnlyHope
MyOnlyHope
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Thu 21 Dec 2017, 4:44 pm

MyOnlyHope wrote:
KrazyForKylo wrote:
DarthRen wrote:
KrazyForKylo wrote:
DarthRen wrote:
@Piper Maru

@DarthRen

@KrazyForKylo

@DarthRen

@KrazyForKylo
He probably just removed those scenes because they were redundant, not because the intention was ever to create any kind of romantic quandrangle. Finn pining after Rey is obvious in the beginning of the film, but it's not presented as anything romantic. Rian never even went near that idea. To suggest as much is just wrong IMO. We didn't need a scene of Rose pointing out that Finn wanted to follow Rey around because that was already made clear.
@MyOnlyHope

Quite understandably concerned for her, last time he saw her with Kylo around. To him Kylo is the worst. Now she went off elsewhere, obvious concern for someone you have strong bond with. Doesn't have to be a romantic feelings to care about someone.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Dec 2017, 4:57 pm

MyOnlyHope wrote:
KrazyForKylo wrote:
DarthRen wrote:
KrazyForKylo wrote:
DarthRen wrote:
@Piper Maru

I wish he was but what if?! I mean, I get if Rey feels threatened that Rose might take Finn's attention because I've had it in my real life but she might have some feelings there. She seemingly close the door on Kylo and then sees this what could have been. I mean, one of the reason I'm sort of annoyed is that if you want to do something  thencommit to it. Don't do thiss by offering vague hints that can mean anything and bait fans into thinking something. Be transparent.
@DarthRen

@KrazyForKylo

@DarthRen

@KrazyForKylo
@MyOnlyHope

This is how it’s described...

Originally, the film spent some more time clarifying the dynamic between Rey and Finn, and further setting up Rose’s crush on the Resistance “hero.” Rose chastises Finn for “pining for Rey,” which Finn quickly denies, claiming that he was “raised to fight” and that he finally found something to fight for in his friend, Rey. “Whatever,” responds Rose with a hint of jealousy.

If we had seen that play out in the movie the romantic implications would have been there, regardless of Rian’s intentions. These scenes were obviously all about establishing the dynamic between Finn and Rose but many of the GA were still expecting Finn and Rey to be a thing going into TLJ. The reunion hug and Rey’s wistful glance at Finn tending Rose is still being interpreted as evidence of lingering romantic feelings in some quarters, let alone if it had been suggested Finn might be pining for Rey, whether that was actually the case or not!

Back to top Go down

Post by MyOnlyHope Thu 21 Dec 2017, 5:03 pm

KrazyForKylo wrote:
MyOnlyHope wrote:
KrazyForKylo wrote:
DarthRen wrote:
KrazyForKylo wrote:
DarthRen wrote:
@Piper Maru

I wish he was but what if?! I mean, I get if Rey feels threatened that Rose might take Finn's attention because I've had it in my real life but she might have some feelings there. She seemingly close the door on Kylo and then sees this what could have been. I mean, one of the reason I'm sort of annoyed is that if you want to do something  thencommit to it. Don't do thiss by offering vague hints that can mean anything and bait fans into thinking something. Be transparent.
@DarthRen

@KrazyForKylo

@DarthRen

@KrazyForKylo
@MyOnlyHope

Originally, the film spent some more time clarifying the dynamic between Rey and Finn, and further setting up Rose’s crush on the Resistance “hero.” Rose chastises Finn for “pining for Rey,” which Finn quickly denies, claiming that he was “raised to fight” and that he finally found something to fight for in his friend, Rey. “Whatever,” responds Rose with a hint of jealousy.

If we had seen that play out in the movie the romantic implications would have been there, regardless of Rian’s intentions. These scenes were obviously all about establishing the dynamic between Finn and Rose but many of the GA were still expecting Finn and Rey to be a thing going into TLJ. The reunion hug and Rey’s wistful glance at Finn tending Rose is still being interpreted as evidence of lingering romantic feelings in some quarters, let alone if it had been suggested Finn might be pining for Rey, whether that was actually the case or not!
@KrazyForKylo
How is that romantic? It doesn't read that way at all to me. We know Finn and Rey love each other, but the description of that love has always been very clear. It is familial and has always been described as such. The two of them even hold each other back in childish states to a certain extent. Finn had to get over wanting to follow Rey around on a journey he didn't belong, and Rose helped him do that.
MyOnlyHope
MyOnlyHope
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Thu 21 Dec 2017, 5:14 pm

MyOnlyHope wrote:
KrazyForKylo wrote:
MyOnlyHope wrote:
KrazyForKylo wrote:
DarthRen wrote:
KrazyForKylo wrote:
DarthRen wrote:
@Piper Maru

@DarthRen

@KrazyForKylo

@DarthRen

@KrazyForKylo
@MyOnlyHope

@KrazyForKylo
How is that romantic? It doesn't read that way at all to me. We know Finn and Rey love each other, but the description of that love has always been very clear. It is familial and has always been described as such. The two of them even hold each other back in childish states to a certain extent. Finn had to get over wanting to follow Rey around on a journey he didn't belong, and Rose helped him do that.
@MyOnlyHope

Out of everyone I’ve talked to who are very much GA, the consensus is that FinnRey is very much dead in the water. They’re all about the romance between Rey and Kylo and want to know what happens next. Real life words of my former Reywalker cousin: “They’re so going to bang.”

So color me confused as to why we as a Reylo board are still talking about the possibility of FinnRey.

IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Dec 2017, 5:16 pm

@MyOnlyHope I really don’t see what the problem is here. I agree with what you’re saying about Finn and Rey being friends and only friends. If that scene had played out in the movie as described it would have had romantic implications. Not because Finn is in love with Rey, but having Rose be jealous about the possibility makes it open to interpretation. We see they are just friends, and have done from the start, but plenty of people went into TLJ with expectations of Rey and Finn becoming a couple.

Back to top Go down

Post by MyOnlyHope Thu 21 Dec 2017, 5:34 pm

KrazyForKylo wrote:@MyOnlyHope I really don’t see what the problem is here. I agree with what you’re saying about Finn and Rey being friends and only friends. If that scene had played out in the movie as described it would have had romantic implications. Not because Finn is in love with Rey, but having Rose be jealous about the possibility makes it open to interpretation. We see they are just friends, and have done from the start, but plenty of people went into TLJ with expectations of Rey and Finn becoming a couple.
@KrazyForKylo
I guess I just disagree with the romantic implications you're reading here. I don't think many viewers would've given it a thought considering what happens between Finn and Rose over the course of the movie. I also felt everything described in that scene was evident without having it spelled out. Finn was clearly pining after Rey in the beginning of the film. The thing is though, that pining was presented as an obstacle for his character to overcome. And he did overcome it, among other failings, with Rose's help. He found his own purpose and belonging.

MyOnlyHope
MyOnlyHope
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Thu 21 Dec 2017, 5:41 pm

KrazyForKylo wrote:
MyOnlyHope wrote:
KrazyForKylo wrote:
DarthRen wrote:
KrazyForKylo wrote:
DarthRen wrote:
@Piper Maru

@DarthRen

@KrazyForKylo

@DarthRen

@KrazyForKylo
@MyOnlyHope

@KrazyForKylo

Hugging someone or smilling at someone is these days a clear signal for a romance for some. I must have missed on a lot of romantic relationships in my life. Damn.

The point, is it was cut and this not a canon. Antis can use whatever they want to, if it makes them feel better. Wink
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Little_Boots Thu 21 Dec 2017, 5:51 pm

KrazyForKylo wrote:@MyOnlyHope I really don’t see what the problem is here. I agree with what you’re saying about Finn and Rey being friends and only friends. If that scene had played out in the movie as described it would have had romantic implications. Not because Finn is in love with Rey, but having Rose be jealous about the possibility makes it open to interpretation. We see they are just friends, and have done from the start, but plenty of people went into TLJ with expectations of Rey and Finn becoming a couple.
@KrazyForKylo

I think for those who expected Finn Rey...well that is just that. It is their speculations. A film like Star Wars I believe won't have the time for a love triangle. Maybe if Star Wars was a long running series they would get a triangle in but I don't think it will happen.
Little_Boots
Little_Boots
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Dec 2017, 6:02 pm

@Little_Boots I agree. No love triangle is happening. Post-TLJ, it’s clear Finn and Rey are friends and Finn and Rose are positioned to become a couple. JJ reshot the early Finn and Rey scenes in TFA to remove the tension so it’s a safe bet he’s not messing with how Rian left things in TLJ.

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Thu 21 Dec 2017, 6:49 pm

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram Tumbl106

Someone is nervous AF since she touched hands with a certain emo dark warlord during a secret Force date
#Reylobabiesontheway#
lol! lol! lol!

http://feelthereylo.tumblr.com/post/168802902309/obaewankenobae-you-can-in-star-wars
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Thu 21 Dec 2017, 10:27 pm

Cowgirlsamurai wrote:Rey watching Finnrose “Aww, I wish I could have something like that. If only my would be boyfriend hadn’t gone Renperor on us.”

@Cowgirlsamurai

Lol! Your post reminds me of a scene in "As Good as it Gets" with Jack Nicholson and Helen Hunt. He falls in love with her and is earnest about it and basically good underneath, but he is a massive pain in the a**, keeps messing things up and has terrible OCD. He apparently has refused to take OCD medicine, but now he is going to do it for Helen Hunt, lol, (a modern-day NYC version of Kylo's "but not to me" declaration of love, lol).

However, even with the medicine he is not perfect by any means. So at the end of the movie there is this scene where he has difficulty walking towards Helen Hunt because he may have to step on a crack in the floor, and Helen Hunt yells out, "Why can't I just have a normal boyfriend?!!!!"

And then Helen Hunt's mother says, "They don't exist dear. " Lol.

That's Rey: "Why can't I have a normal boyfriend?"

And for her, it just doesn't exist, lol. You never know where you will find love. Very Happy
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Thu 21 Dec 2017, 10:40 pm

I thought Matt's response here was hilarious:

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram Screen14
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Thu 21 Dec 2017, 11:02 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:I thought Matt's response here was hilarious:

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram Screen14
@ISeeAnIsland

OMG! This tweet is perfect proof that being a Star Wars lore/trivia expert does not make you a writer or a filmmaker.

Sure..... Let's split up Daisy and Adam. Sure ... Let the Resistance carry a movie all by themselves.   Sure... Let's have Han find out that Luke tried to kill his kid. You think you're upset now about Luke and Han. Put that scenario in place and Han is so furious he shoots Luke in the face. Talk about a wretched end to Luke and Han. But it's gotta be better than Han going out like a freaking Jesus-like, Viking warrior boss and Luke doing the greatest force act of all time and saving a bunch of people and atoning to his nephew by giving his own life in the process. By Luke giving his own life, Ben will eventually realize that somebody,  even a guy who half-ruined his life, thought he was worth *that much*.

Geez. Why is this fandom so dumb? I'm sorry if that is mean, but I never remember seeing such cluelessness on X-File or HP boards ... And this guy actually writes SW books. Geez.

Last edited by SoloSideCousin on Thu 21 Dec 2017, 11:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next