Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers

+58
tukicarreno
nana7marie
motherofpearl1
Armadeus
PalmettoBlue
Casper
Forsythia
DeeBee
Froggy
bruna8728
nickandnora
special_cases
LadyGaufrette
Moonjump05
reylo1992
grimbergen
rey09
californiagirl
snufkin
Atenais
Oscarborough-fairo
MaddieDove
MrsWindu
spacebaby45678
Teo oswald
SkyStar
MindAndMagic
OrionStars
Blood Moon
Riri
Geralt_Riv
Saracene
SanghaRen
Lily Snape
Night Huntress
rawpowah
SheLitAFire
AcrosstheStars
Krafty
cherrylipstick
olyer
Kylo Men
Cowgirlsamurai
unicorn
Mielikki
thescavenger
ZioRen
whisperingwillow
KiraRen2015
Birdwoman
fuhry
Kylo Rey
lauvamp
12 Parsnips
Gemini
Moonlight13
loversinthestorm
SW_Heroine_Journey
62 posters

Page 12 of 23 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17 ... 23  Next

Go down

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 12 Empty Re: The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers

Post by Night Huntress Sat 26 Oct 2019, 12:09 pm

PalmettoBlue wrote:I am still processing the trailer, and the more I think about it, the more Reylo it is. Of course, both of my podcast co-hosts are antis, and one is telling me things could go either way, and the other is insisting that Reylo is too obvious and that they are going to pull a bait and switch.

I'm going to need constant reassurance, y'all. It's hard to stand firm against 35 year friends.

Really hard.

Regarding the trailer: I found the omissions very interesting.
1) No Hux
2) No Pryde
3) No KoR
If I'm reading things correctly, the First Order, simply put, doesn't matter.
@PalmettoBlue

I really admire your calmness and diplomatic skills - not that I can't accept or deal with different opinions but they have no real arguments.

I personally would really love if the First Order will do a 180 and fight side by side with the rebellion/resistance against Palpatine and his Sith army.
It will be a subversion of what happened in RotS.
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 12 Empty Re: The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers

Post by Saracene Sat 26 Oct 2019, 3:29 pm

Another detail about the DS throne room shot: Kylo’s mask is off and I’m curious if it’s by choice or circumstance. If it’s the former then his intent is more likely to somehow reach out to Rey rather than fight her.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Snape Sat 26 Oct 2019, 3:37 pm

So, we only have Kylo’s mask ON in one scene (I think?) so far— destroying the Vader helmet. Does anyone else think he has the helmet on to look like his usual self to the FO so that he can walk around on some FO ship with a non-FO civilian? The one thing that throws me off is that it seriously looks like Bespin.
Lily Snape
Lily Snape
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sat 26 Oct 2019, 5:10 pm

Atenais wrote:
snufkin wrote:@Saracene If anything, based on the crumbs we're getting via comics & kiddie books, he should be the one with the hostile body language since he's evil and attempting to crush what's left of the Resistance (which the kids books make me laugh because it's him versus his mom, who's being such a buzzkill about allowing him to rule the galaxy). But just like color, how they use light in the cinematography is central to the emotions and mood of the story they're telling. That's a high-resolution image for that shot and he's at the center of the light (almost emerging from it) while the darkness is starting to encroach on her. If I had to guess, besides just still being in Couple's Fight mode, the lighting is a good indicator that some darkness, both Force and emotional stuff, is going to come after her in the story. Which we already know from the Dark Rey/Sister Ruth in Black Narcissus moment in the D23 trailer.
@snufkin

I took some classes of cinema some months ago and our teacher said exactly the same. Of course we already feel that these things are important, but it's nice when someone who knows about the stuff tells us. Your interpretation of the scene is awesome and, as @'Saracene', I could have assume he was the hero (if I didn't know about the trilogy).
@Atenais

The cinematography across the board for the ST and Solo have been the best IMO out of all the films thanks to Dan Mindel, Steven Yedlin, and Bradford Young's work helping really set the tone and tell the story. Both ST movies, especially Rey and Ben's scenes, could be a silent movie if they wanted. I just saw Abel Gance's Napoleon for the first time and there's so much use of light and color in the frames along with the music, the title cards are an extra.

Especially with a character like Rey, who's played by an actress who could have easily worked in the silent film era because she's so good with simply expressing the range of Rey's thoughts/emotions with a single facial expression. IIRC JJ said he hired her because of that ability, including being able to go from being sweet/vulnerable to Rey's feral mode in the above picture, somebody you don't want to pick a fight with.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by PalmettoBlue Sat 26 Oct 2019, 6:07 pm

@Lily Snape I've been wondering about that. I think he might keeping it on for the FO, but knows he's not going to get anywhere with Rey with it on. I agree that the white room could be Bespin (harkens back to Lando, right? Did they go get him?), but I'm not sure it is Bespin. Regardless, It might make the most sense for him and the mask keeps them both "safe" within the confines of the F.O.
PalmettoBlue
PalmettoBlue
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

https://palmettosdesk.blog/

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Sat 26 Oct 2019, 11:35 pm

Hello everyone, hey just wondering what people think of these two shots in the trailer..

who do you think is flying this thing? can you tell?
The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 12 Z_trai11
[I can't tell!]
Have we seen this ship in any of the released books? I figure it's on Kef Bir and someone is headed out to the wreckage... any ideas?

who do you think is flying the MF here?
The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 12 Z_trai12
[I think it's chewie and Lando but not sure - we know we see Lando piloting and Chewie co-piloting in the trailer:
The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 12 Ep9-ff-001741_64ff05b9
- I can see it now I'm gonna be in tears when they pay tribute to Han!!]
sunny
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sun 27 Oct 2019, 12:35 am

Lily Snape wrote:So, we only have Kylo’s mask ON in one scene (I think?) so far— destroying the Vader helmet. Does anyone else think he has the helmet on to look like his usual self to the FO so that he can walk around on some FO ship with a non-FO civilian? The one thing that throws me off is that it seriously looks like Bespin.
@Lily Snape

Between that shot and the rogue Space Hamlet one, I've thought of Bespin and the White Room at the finale of 2001 - A Space Odyssey

snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Sun 27 Oct 2019, 1:31 am

@snufkin  - remember this room on Victoria Mahoney's mood board?
The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 12 Aliens-sleep-pod
I can't wait to find out what this is all about!

Hey me again..
Who do you think is sitting to the left of Poe in this image?
The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 12 Z-trai10
Maz? or Zorii sitting down?
What other characters can you see in this image?
I can't see Leia. Anyone?
The Mon Calamari is cool. I wonder if that is Aftab who we met recently in the allegiance comics - son of Admiral Ackbar..
Can anyone see R2D2?
He has only been shown once - in the trailer (like he's on Kijimi but I don't think he is).
sunny

Last edited by DeeBee on Sun 27 Oct 2019, 3:07 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added comments..)
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora Sun 27 Oct 2019, 7:42 am

DeeBee wrote:Hello everyone, hey just wondering what people think of these two shots in the trailer..

[I can't tell!]
Have we seen this ship in any of the released books? I figure it's on Kef Bir and someone is headed out to the wreckage... any ideas?
@DeeBee

Hmmm, great catch on this one! That is a *very* good question. Do we have an answer for this? The lights on it (specifically the one on the one side) are very specific and make it almost look like some kind of search aircraft). If I squint I'm kind of like... is that C-3PO sitting in it? And yeah, the water makes it look like it would be Kef Bir close to the Death Star wreckage. But I don't know! Is this accounted for anywhere in the leaks, or has anyone seen it elsewhere? I'm intrigued.

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by PalmettoBlue Sun 27 Oct 2019, 7:57 am

nickandnora wrote:
DeeBee wrote:Hello everyone, hey just wondering what people think of these two shots in the trailer..

[I can't tell!]
@DeeBee

Hmmm, great catch on this one! That is a *very* good question. Do we have an answer for this? The lights on it (specifically the one on the one side) are very specific and make it almost look like some kind of search aircraft). If I squint I'm kind of like... is that C-3PO sitting in it? And yeah, the water makes it look like it would be Kef Bir close to the Death Star wreckage. But I don't know! Is this accounted for anywhere in the leaks, or has anyone seen it elsewhere? I'm intrigued.
@nickandnora @DeeBee:
Pretty sure that's Rey. I saw a shot of her getting on it and it follows on that this is her taking off. I'm connecting it to Finn's "REEEEYYYYY!" in the trailer. Now, asking me to find that picture again - yikes. I can try.
PalmettoBlue
PalmettoBlue
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

https://palmettosdesk.blog/

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora Sun 27 Oct 2019, 9:10 am

PalmettoBlue wrote:
nickandnora wrote:

[I can't tell!]
@DeeBee

@nickandnora @DeeBee:
Pretty sure that's Rey. I saw a shot of her getting on it and it follows on that this is her taking off. I'm connecting it to Finn's "REEEEYYYYY!" in the trailer. Now, asking me to find that picture again - yikes. I can try.
@PalmettoBlue

Rey supposedly leaves the Death Star wreckage by stealing Kylo's ship. Now, I assumed this meant his TIE Whisper, but maybe he arrived in something else? I think that's why there was a question of what this ship is. If there *is* something that shows Rey getting into this thing, I'd love to see it (if anyone can find it).

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sun 27 Oct 2019, 12:13 pm

@DeeBee Hrmmm, and what exactly happens to the crews of the Discovery One and the Nostromo?? Anybody remember the plots of both movies and what happens to the crew after their missions are underway and what they actually learn versus what they thought their missions were about??? I bet at least @armadeus can answer this question and how that ties in with the hinted plot for TRoS.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Armadeus Sun 27 Oct 2019, 12:34 pm

snufkin wrote:@DeeBee Hrmmm, and what exactly happens to the crews of the Discovery One and the Nostromo?? Anybody remember the plots of both movies and what happens to the crew after their missions are underway??? I bet at least @armadeus can answer this question.
@snufkin

If memory serves, the following happens:

Nostromo: space truckers are hauling resources back to Earth, they track down an alien signal, one of them gets impregnated, alien bursts out of him and proceeds to slaughter the rest of the crew one by one in horrifying fashion. Sigourney Weaver survives, though. As for what they thought vs what they learned, they thought the signal was a distress beacon, but it turned out to be a warning to stay away. They also discover the company they work for had a secret directive for the mission: if contact was made with any alien life form, the onboard android was to ensure that the life form was returned to the company safely at all costs... the crew was expendable.

Discovery One: Two astronauts are on a mission to the outer solar system. Their onboard AI - HAL - goes a wee bit nuts and kills one of them. The survivor - Dave - succeeds in shutting HAL down. Then - and here's where the movie gets really bizarre - Dave is abducted by (for lack of a better word) aliens, kept in a room so the aforementioned aliens can observe him as he lives and grows old. Then Dave transcends - I think that's the right word - and becomes the weird space baby seen at the end of the movie (it's called the Star Child, but I prefer space baby Razz):

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 12 Latest?cb=20110928000911

Are you confused? So am I.

If there's a connection between the two scenarios: ships travel through space, most of their crews die, leaving a lone survivor.

I'm really not sure if any of this helps.

On a related note, I am now in the mood to watch Alien.
Armadeus
Armadeus
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://www.fictionpress.com/u/564105/

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Sun 27 Oct 2019, 12:39 pm

Armadeus wrote:
snufkin wrote:@DeeBee Hrmmm, and what exactly happens to the crews of the Discovery One and the Nostromo?? Anybody remember the plots of both movies and what happens to the crew after their missions are underway??? I bet at least @armadeus can answer this question.
@snufkin

Nostromo: space truckers are hauling resources back to Earth, they track down an alien signal, one of them gets impregnated, alien bursts out of him and proceeds to slaughter the rest of the crew one by one in horrifying fashion. Sigourney Weaver survives, though. As for what they thought vs what they learned, they thought the signal was a distress beacon, but it turned out to be a warning to stay away. They also discover the company they work for had a secret directive for the mission: if contact was made with any alien life form, the onboard android was to ensure that the life form was returned to the company safely at all costs... the crew was expendable.

Discovery One: Two astronauts are on a mission to the outer solar system. Their onboard AI - HAL - goes a wee bit nuts and kills one of them. The survivor - Dave - succeeds in shutting HAL down. Then - and here's where the movie gets really bizarre - Dave is abducted by (for lack of a better word) aliens, kept in a room so the aforementioned aliens can observe him as he lives and grows old. Then Dave transcends - I think that's the right word - and becomes the weird space baby seen at the end of the movie (it's called the Star Child, but I prefer space baby Razz):

If there's a connection between the two scenarios: ships travel through space, most of their crews die, leaving a lone survivor.

@Armadeus @snufkin

(Raises hand, yet totally can be wrong and OK with it)

Ummm...so the remainder of the Empire? Lone Survivor is Palpatine, in whatever form - everyone else (including Sith Troopers and the Knights of Ren) are zombies (lazy word choice, yet all I can think of).
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Armadeus Sun 27 Oct 2019, 12:49 pm

SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:
Armadeus wrote:
@snufkin

@Armadeus   @snufkin

(Raises hand, yet totally can be wrong and OK with it)

Ummm...so the remainder of the Empire? Lone Survivor is Palpatine, in whatever form - everyone else (including Sith Troopers and the Knights of Ren) are zombies (lazy word choice, yet all I can think of).  
@SW_Heroine_Journey

The inspirations could also be purely aesthetic. From what I've seen of them, the Resistance have a grimy, beat-up look to their vehicles and clothes that could have been inspired by Alien.

Lucas drew inspiration from 2001 when he was making ANH, but it was purely on a visual / technical level. So, maybe Abrams is going back to the original well? One of the most noteworthy aspects of that movie, for me, is the way the ships move through space while the classical soundtrack plays in the background, almost as if they're floating on the melody. I could see Abrams doing something similar with the visuals and music in TROS.
Armadeus
Armadeus
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu Sun 27 Oct 2019, 12:54 pm

PalmettoBlue wrote:
nickandnora wrote:

[I can't tell!]
@DeeBee

@nickandnora @DeeBee:
@PalmettoBlue

I caught this YouTube video by forum member @Gwendy85 who feels it’s Rey (approx 7.50mins in) . She’s got some interesting theories about what appeared in the D23 trailer with regards to Kylo and Rey on the wreckage of the DS and which parts will end up being in the final cut

MrsWindu
MrsWindu
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sun 27 Oct 2019, 1:00 pm

@Armadeus LOL  yes there are those parts, which are way more grim.

I'm thinking more of the "Long have I waited" and the breadcrumbs we know about a dangerous and ancient entity's return which likely takes the protagonists by surprise. In those two movies, both crews embark on routine missions in which secrets are revealed and it becomes contending (for good or bad) with these entities who threaten to completely wipe them/their worlds out. Remember how the editorial guide around TRoS includes the phrase, Return of the Sith?  That's what I'm thinking of, because pretty sure that even the First Order has no clue that the Emperor's going to be paying them a return visit to let them know he actually had something different in mind than what they just spent the 30 years working on.

ETA - oh just remembered another film in that vein from the 60s-70s which got floated as possible influence on TRoS and look at that:

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 12 P04h7bd1

Warring factions fighting for dominance with two leaders who get entangled with each other, become reluctant allies, & then learn the dark terrible secret that underlies the world they thought they knew.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MaddieDove Sun 27 Oct 2019, 4:02 pm

I rewatched Logan's Run recently, and it was ridiculous how much Logan and Jessica looked like Luke and Leia (Logan's Run was released first). It's obvious that was the esthetic of the time, blond boys and slender brunettes. Like Flash Gordon and Dale Arden, I guess.
The sexual politics was quite progressive, btw. - Logan's got offered a male sexual partner as well on the matching service, and he's ok with that. Laughing
It's a very nice futuristic adventure, despite low budget (they filmed at the shopping mall), it's quite engrossing. My daughter enjoyed it too, so it does something for the new generation, after all that time.
MaddieDove
MaddieDove
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu Sun 27 Oct 2019, 5:02 pm

@DeeBee

Now I’m flicking through my pics trying to find Victoria’s office wall...,and that hand written quote. Wondering if it will give any more context now
MrsWindu
MrsWindu
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by 12 Parsnips Sun 27 Oct 2019, 5:14 pm

12 Parsnips
12 Parsnips
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sun 27 Oct 2019, 7:57 pm

@MaddieDove Yeah it's been running on Netflix and I originally watched the "edited for TV" version as a kid versus the theatrical run with full nudity and sex. It's very sex positive with that mention for Logan on "the Circuit" (predicted Tinder/Grindr) browsing partners of both genders, asking Jessica if she was more interested in finding a woman to hook up with, showing the hedonism of that society w/out being judgemental about it, and when Logan and Jessica finally do have sex, it's very much with "enthusiastic consent." I was actually pretty surprised at how much better it's aged in that department versus what you typically see from that era.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Armadeus Sun 27 Oct 2019, 8:16 pm

@snufkin

Sorry, misread your post and thought you were asking for a general summary Razz

Both movies also have the broad concept of encountering / confronting powerful interstellar entities. The heroes of TROS finding Palpatine stranded on a desolate planet definitely calls to mind the crew of the Nostromo finding the alien creatures on LV-426. With 2001 there's the idea of forces (the Force?) far older than humanity interacting with us in ways we don't understand; forces whose intentions are never explained as being either malevolent or benign.

Never seen Logan's Run, but I might to do something about that now. I'm not the biggest sci-fi fan - fantasy is more my thing - which is probably why it's slipped under my radar for so long.
Armadeus
Armadeus
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sun 27 Oct 2019, 9:18 pm

@Armadeus yep there's the idea of forces (the Force?) far older than humanity interacting with us in ways we don't understand; forces whose intentions are never explained as being either malevolent or benign is what I started thinking of with both movies because of the trailer shot using the same "futuristic white sterile space" trope. There's also enough fodder in the trailer for "an ancient evil is coming back" when we know the logical alternative title is Return of the Sith and that the Emperor's had some long con in place from the start which was about more than just the Empire but messing with/taking control over the Force and bending it to his design.  Also now that my brain started kicking around this idea, Rey's toting around the ancient Jedi texts. Like that's not just a random detail that she couldn't resist scavenging them, those are gonna have to have some part in whatever the story is about all of this.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Mon 28 Oct 2019, 4:58 am

Thanks for the reply regarding that ship with the mystery pilot @nickandnora @PalmettoBlue

Yeah I went back and looked at it as a moving image, and I thought I could see white flapping.. aka – Rey!
PalmettoBlue I think you are right. Which picture are you after? Hope you find it!

@nickandnora
–I don't know if the info you shared is a leak or not.
But, if something is based on a leak, it needs to go in spoiler bars, as this is not a spoiler thread.
It can get fuzzy remembering where we heard things, I get it - If there is non-spoiler source related to who is in the ship I’d love to see it too!  Very Happy

@snufkin – oh gosh I’ll leave the analysis to you! I tend to view influences as being aesthetic only, until I’ve seen the movie and then I might go back and then realise oh yeah that plot or theme was inspirational too! Lol. But I know I am not very good at this stuff like you are!

@Armadeus – may not help but it’s worth a try! And fun to explore anyway! That baby is really creepy!
Ah! Yeah I see you agree on the aesthetic inspiration – music too yes that’s true!

@MrsWindu – thanks for sharing I’ll check it out! I was looking at Gwendy’s blog the other day as I am seeking info about star wars to keep me up to date on interviews, press etc. but I’m also avoiding leaks – Gwendy is too. So she’s a safe place to visit! And a safe vid for me to watch!

snufkin wrote:@Armadeus LOL  yes there are those parts, which are way more grim.

I'm thinking more of the "Long have I waited" and the breadcrumbs we know about a dangerous and ancient entity's return which likely takes the protagonists by surprise. In those two movies, both crews embark on routine missions in which secrets are revealed and it becomes contending (for good or bad) with these entities who threaten to completely wipe them/their worlds out. Remember how the editorial guide around TRoS includes the phrase, Return of the Sith?  That's what I'm thinking of, because pretty sure that even the First Order has no clue that the Emperor's going to be paying them a return visit to let them know he actually had something different in mind than what they just spent the 30 years working on.

ETA - oh just remembered another film in that vein from the 60s-70s which got floated as possible influence on TRoS and look at that:

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 12 P04h7bd1

Warring factions fighting for dominance with two leaders who get entangled with each other, become reluctant allies, & then learn the dark terrible secret that underlies the world they thought they knew.
@snufkin
Yeahh to the bolded!!! It’s very curious – If you were to not see TFA or TLJ and only see this trailer, you would really have no idea the first order exists.. it’s just the empire! We only saw the stormtroopers  being shot by Poe, Finn and Chewie on the star destroyer.. in the battles it all looks to be empire.

I remember hearing about Logan’s run ages ago – but I could never get access to it.. and gave up lol.

@snufkin  - yes the ancient Jedi texts!!! I’m hoping they are not a red herring, but are actually significant in TROS! I love force relic stuff.. and I know the movies don’t have time to dig into all that stuff or has to do it in a way the general audience would follow – the Jedi texts are all set up and ready to go..
Also set up and ready to go is the idea of Rey being the future of the Jedi – and the big question mark of exactly what that is going to look like when it is no longer looking like the former Jedi order.

We just had Rey in the allegiance comic issue 2 pondering what she was supposed to look like as a Jedi too! Alas, no Jedi texts sightings so far.. I've not had a chance to really take in issue 3 yet, I'm going to wait for issue 4 to be released and come back to it but I think it will be touched on there.. we'll see!

Some other trailer inspired random thoughts
- watching a star wars explained video and the guy wondered if Palpatine's fleet we saw in the teaser were actually under water.
Then in the trailer we see them rising (is that skywalkers rising?!) out of the ground.. could be ice? like on that weird ice base all the tie fighters fly toward? They may have been buried since the time of the PT who knows!

-Oh and Palpatine's dialogue about coming together being their undoing?
I'm thinking this is about Rey and Kylo, but it's probably at the same time, the coming together of every single trace of resistance in the galaxy.
Where the heck do the First Order even fit into any of this?! lol.
Maybe coming together is the resistance and the first order too?! Who knows..  

-That thing confronting Rey at the end of the trailer - seems to be moving closer toward her. Soooo guess it's not Palpatine sitting on the stone throne.. it's something else.. any ideas? the way Rey takes a step back like that is...ominous!!!  

-As for C3PO - I think the loss here is not going to be the death of C3PO, but it could be the loss of his memory. We see C3PO later in the film when Poe has injured his arm, so we know he survives whatever he has agreed to. Maybe it's like a recovery point he gets set back to. before the end of ROTS when his memory is wiped (supposedly).

-Anyone else find the dueling between Rey and Kylo just looks.. weird? Like they aren't really fighting. I wonder if this is like that double vision concept in Thrawn alliances - they are each so connected to each other and powerful in the force that they couldn't really manage to hurt each other in a duel because they each know what the other is going to do in advance. Like a stalemate forms or something..

I better stop. I could go on all day eek!  Embarassed
sunny
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Mon 28 Oct 2019, 1:27 pm

@DeeBee It's been mentioned outright in the Vanity Fair article that the ancient rift/conflict between the Sith and the Jedi are coming to a head, the Emperor's back, we have all sorts of leitmotifs pointing to Return of the Sith, they're hinting that Rey's plot will be on the Force and Jedi/Sith conflict side of the shop, and she's stolen the ancient original texts. Yet zero discussion anywhere about this topic, including that her being in possession of these books (which Daisy sort of hedged Colbert's question about whether or not Rey's been reading them) having a connection to whatever the Emperor's up to are zero. It's one of the things (along with Richard E. Grant and if they'll continue with how the syndicates have been in league with the Empire/FO) I'm insanely curious about yet there's zero discussion.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 23 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17 ... 23  Next