Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers

+58
tukicarreno
nana7marie
motherofpearl1
Armadeus
PalmettoBlue
Casper
Forsythia
DeeBee
Froggy
bruna8728
nickandnora
special_cases
LadyGaufrette
Moonjump05
reylo1992
grimbergen
rey09
californiagirl
snufkin
Atenais
Oscarborough-fairo
MaddieDove
MrsWindu
spacebaby45678
Teo oswald
SkyStar
MindAndMagic
OrionStars
Blood Moon
Riri
Geralt_Riv
Saracene
SanghaRen
Lily Snape
Night Huntress
rawpowah
SheLitAFire
AcrosstheStars
Krafty
cherrylipstick
olyer
Kylo Men
Cowgirlsamurai
unicorn
Mielikki
thescavenger
ZioRen
whisperingwillow
KiraRen2015
Birdwoman
fuhry
Kylo Rey
lauvamp
12 Parsnips
Gemini
Moonlight13
loversinthestorm
SW_Heroine_Journey
62 posters

Page 13 of 23 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18 ... 23  Next

Go down

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 13 Empty Re: The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers

Post by SanghaRen Mon 28 Oct 2019, 2:43 pm

I am a bad SW fan, but I am very ok with C3-PO dying. Droids might not age, but to me he is part of the OT group and I prefer to see the new generation have space to shine. Right, BB-8? We have 4 droids now. I know, it’s good for merchandizing and all the fans who love to build droids.

I do like the Alien parallel. I guess the conclusion would be: beware what you’re looking for, you might find it, and more. Rey and Ben both looking for answers separately, and getting them, but with an unpleasant bonus.
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 13 Empty Re: The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers

Post by californiagirl Mon 28 Oct 2019, 4:49 pm

@SanghaRen Oh I don't mind either. The bit in the trailer did make me sad, but good sad. I don't even mind if the Falcon gets blown up, I'm so horrible. Smile
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora Mon 28 Oct 2019, 5:44 pm

californiagirl wrote:@SanghaRen Oh I don't mind either. The bit in the trailer did make me sad, but good sad. I don't even mind if the Falcon gets blown up, I'm so horrible. Smile
@californiagirl

Before I was like "The Falcon has to survive because Ben has to pilot it and Rey and Ben have to live happily ever after on it like a family of adorable porgs!!1!!" And now I'm like, "Eh, the Falcon can go out in a blaze of glory for all I care if it proves yet another big scene was missing from the leaks" lol.

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Mon 28 Oct 2019, 9:57 pm

snufkin wrote:@DeeBee It's been mentioned outright in the Vanity Fair article that the ancient rift/conflict between the Sith and the Jedi are coming to a head, the Emperor's back, we have all sorts of leitmotifs pointing to Return of the Sith, they're hinting that Rey's plot will be on the Force and Jedi/Sith conflict side of the shop, and she's stolen the ancient original texts. Yet zero discussion anywhere about this topic, including that her being in possession of these books (which Daisy sort of hedged Colbert's question about whether or not Rey's been reading them) having a connection to whatever the Emperor's up to are zero. It's one of the things (along with Richard E. Grant and if they'll continue with how the syndicates have been in league with the Empire/FO) I'm insanely curious about yet there's zero discussion.
@snufkin

Another reason why I am not a fan of the leaks/'leaks' (trying to please all audiences here by having the word in quotes and without). If a subject, or subjects, are not mentioned in them (or a priority), then there is little to zero discussion about the subjects. When I find the theorizing fascinating (just as valid as leak discussion/theorizing).

The Jedi texts are mentioned here and there in the books and comics, so I do think they will have a presence/importance in TRoS.
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Tue 29 Oct 2019, 1:06 am

@SW_Heroine_Journey The thing is most of the "they predicted the movie!" comments about TLJ have been 100% about speculation which happened in places such as this forum and the podcasts which came out of it. That's a pretty good track record, why mess with success?

To your point, yes zero information or even curiosity about Richard E. Grant or how Rey stole the original written texts/records for the Jedi when the trailer and Vanity Fair article both point to the return of an ancient rift/conflict between the Jedi and the Sith. A lot of lore and world building is too dense for the movies but both details are likely going to be critical to the Force plot IMO.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Tue 29 Oct 2019, 1:17 am

snufkin wrote:@SW_Heroine_Journey The thing is most of the "they predicted the movie!" comments about TLJ have been 100% about speculation which happened in places such as this forum and the podcasts which came out of it. That's a pretty good track record, why mess with success?

To your point, yes zero information or even curiosity about Richard E. Grant or how Rey stole the original written texts/records for the Jedi when the trailer and Vanity Fair article both point to the return of an ancient rift/conflict between the Jedi and the Sith. A lot of lore and world building is too dense for the movies but both details are likely going to be critical to the Force plot IMO.
@snufkin

The Force plot also has a very small presence in the books and comics preceding TRoS, which informs me we are in for a wonderful mythic time with the movie!

We know Force Ghost Yoda winked at Rey as she took them. Very Happy

Hmmm - maybe Richard E. Grant is the cloaked figure with Rey, as seen in the trailer?  I'm very suspicious the SW poll mentions only "cloaked figure" and not Palpatine, when it's known he is returning.  The ? is...what is Pryde's connection with Palpatine??  (This is when I wish that I was more creative! Very Happy Smile)
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Tue 29 Oct 2019, 8:43 am

This is a clue Confus

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 13 6488e108f468fda421c32f0cfac61994a1647ca7

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 13 6f7662e9aca1b3219f19eb5afb6443b9b3a040b5
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Tue 29 Oct 2019, 4:18 pm

Can we please use spoiler bars when discussing leaks or referring to leaks? Or keep the conversation in a spoilers thread please?
sunny
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri Sun 03 Nov 2019, 5:04 pm

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 13 9aba9a10

I think the international trailer is imminent! TFA’s dropped Nov 2nd, TLJ’s on 31st Oct!

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sun 03 Nov 2019, 9:20 pm

Oooh, bring in the Japanese and K-Drama marketing!
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Sun 03 Nov 2019, 9:39 pm

snufkin wrote:Oooh, bring in the Japanese and K-Drama marketing!
@snufkin

bounce

Asia's marketing is the most honest, correct? (for several reasons, one I gather relates to not being worried about enemies to lovers and redemption arcs?)
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sun 03 Nov 2019, 9:48 pm

@SW_Heroine_Journey Thanks to there being a good cross section of forum members Fall 2017 who were multilingual/from Asia and Latin America, we got the full details on the marketing for those two regions. Which yes, culturally they're far more direct/honest than North American marketing.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Sun 03 Nov 2019, 9:54 pm

snufkin wrote:@SW_Heroine_Journey Thanks to there being a good cross section of forum members Fall 2017 who were multilingual/from Asia and Latin America, we got the full details on the marketing for those two regions. Which yes, culturally they're far more direct/honest than North American marketing.
@snufkin

cheers We're in the homestretch! Soon, analysis of marketing will really begin!

I'm excited!

SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Snape Mon 04 Nov 2019, 12:59 am

snufkin wrote:@SW_Heroine_Journey Thanks to there being a good cross section of forum members Fall 2017 who were multilingual/from Asia and Latin America, we got the full details on the marketing for those two regions. Which yes, culturally they're far more direct/honest than North American marketing.
@snufkin

Remember the Korean “relationship tree” ad with a question mark between Rey and Kylo Ren for TLJ? They’d never have done that in the U.S. it was awesome. Smile
Lily Snape
Lily Snape
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Mon 04 Nov 2019, 11:30 am

@Lily Snape Hopefully we'll get a new one ??????

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 13 Tumblr_inline_p0341sEWvr1usri5r_400

Which BTW the Japanese promotional activities are getting started with this one, Star Wars is being turned into a kabuki play with one Japan’s biggest stars playing Kylo Ren

“Star Wars Kabuki will depict the love and loss felt by the Skywalker family over the past 40-plus years,” promises Ichikawa, who has himself become a symbol of single fatherhood in Japan as he raises two children (including an aspiring kabuki actor son) following the loss of his wife, newscaster Mao Kobayashi, to breast cancer at the age of 34. Ichikawa will be playing a character who’s part of the Skywalker bloodline, but when he takes the stage it won’t be as Luke or Darth Vader, but as deeply troubled third-generation Force-user Kylo Ren.

Officially being titled Star Wars Kabuki-Rennosuke Hikarigatana Sanbon (Star Wars Kabuki-Ren and Three Light Sabers), the play is scheduled to be a one-night-only performance, to be held on November 28 at a yet unannounced theater in Tokyo, just eight days before the opening of the kabuki adaptation of Hayao Miyazaki’s Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind.

IDK people put so much energy into complaining about the English language press/trailers when we know from experience to just follow these other markets for the more honest account.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu Mon 04 Nov 2019, 5:14 pm

@snufkin

Does it say anywhere which/who’s 3 lightsabers will be depicted as part of this kabuki ?
MrsWindu
MrsWindu
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Mon 04 Nov 2019, 9:24 pm

@MrsWindu Nothing I've seen (including this article stating it'll include a scene from TRoS) in English language media mentions which three swords specifically. Though it'd be easy to guess given which ones are iconic. Dunno if either "@cowgirlsamurai" or "@shii405" have seen anything from Japanese language media with more specifics.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Tue 05 Nov 2019, 2:39 am

snufkin wrote:@MrsWindu Nothing I've seen (including this article stating it'll include a scene from TRoS) in English language media mentions which three swords specifically. Though it'd be easy to guess given which ones are iconic. Dunno if either "@cowgirlsamurai" or "@shii405" have seen anything from Japanese language media with more specifics.
@snufkin

Leias, anakins and obi wans?

Leias is not particularly iconic, buy I guess it will be after this film.

Spoiler:
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Tue 05 Nov 2019, 10:22 am

Gemini wrote:
snufkin wrote:@MrsWindu Nothing I've seen (including this article stating it'll include a scene from TRoS) in English language media mentions which three swords specifically. Though it'd be easy to guess given which ones are iconic. Dunno if either "@cowgirlsamurai" or "@shii405" have seen anything from Japanese language media with more specifics.
@snufkin

Leias, anakins and obi wans?

Leias is not particularly iconic, buy I guess it will be after this film.

Spoiler:
@Gemini

Spoiler:
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Tue 05 Nov 2019, 11:23 am

No idea as the English language translation of the press around the event only mentions "three iconic sabers" and nothing specific. However if it were to be
Spoiler:
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 Tue 19 Nov 2019, 11:09 am

Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar Tue 19 Nov 2019, 11:16 am

Moonlight13 wrote:New footage Shocked  Shocked  Shocked :
https://twitter.com/sleemo_/status/1196836964860870656
@Moonlight13

Wow look at that amazing blue light Rey is practically coated in and also projects on Kylo.
Broken heart - broken mask. Ah so lovely.
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsythia Tue 19 Nov 2019, 4:39 pm

The new trailer shows some nice parallels to TFA and TLJ with regard to Kylo and fear.

The Force Awakens:

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 13 Mask10

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 13 01tfa10

Kylo hides behind a mask, he confesses his fears to Vader's burnt mask and he only unmasks in front of Rey. She reads his fears and he kills Han to prove that Ben Solo is gone and that he is a new Vader.

The Last Jedi:

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 13 04tlj10

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 13 05tlj10

Snoke confirms Kylo's fears that he is no Vader and calls him out for hiding behind a mask. Kylo destroys his mask and becomes Supreme Leader to prove him wrong.

The Rise of Skywalker:
The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 13 02tros10 The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 13 03tros10

Kylo hides behind his mask again, he also unsmasks in front of Rey again (no mask when they fight, in the Death Star Throne Room and when she leaves) and he faces Vader's burnt mask (together with Rey).

It seems to me like Luke is talking to Ben when he says "Confronting fear ... it's the destiny of a Jedi. Your destiny". Ben needs to confront his fears that he is no Vader, stop trying to be Kylo Ren and accept that he is Ben Solo. That's his destiny.
Forsythia
Forsythia
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Tue 19 Nov 2019, 4:45 pm

Forsythia wrote:The new trailer shows some nice parallels to TFA and TLJ with regard to Kylo and fear.

The Force Awakens:

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 13 Mask10

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 13 01tfa10

Kylo hides behind a mask, he confesses his fears to Vader's burnt mask and he only unmasks in front of Rey. She reads his fears and he kills Han to prove that Ben Solo is gone and that he is a new Vader.

The Last Jedi:

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 13 04tlj10

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 13 05tlj10

Snoke confirms Kylo's fears that he is no Vader and calls him out for hiding behind a mask. Kylo destroys his mask and becomes Supreme Leader to prove him wrong.

The Rise of Skywalker:
The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 13 02tros10 The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 13 03tros10

Kylo hides behind his mask again, he also unsmasks in front of Rey again (no mask when they fight, in the Death Star Throne Room and when she leaves) and he faces Vader's burnt mask (together with Rey).

It seems to me like Luke is talking to Ben when he says "Confronting fear ... it's the destiny of a Jedi. Your destiny". Ben needs to confront his fears that he is no Vader, stop trying to be Kylo Ren and accept that he is Ben Solo. That's his destiny.
@Forsythia

it is also a message to say to stop hiding himself and to impersonate a person who does not represent him. Ok to have idols and people to admire, but you can find your own self and be what you want to become, and have no regrets in that.
Kylo is still a child, but he is slowly maturing. is in working progress Smile these aspects of life are so current in today's world that I find myself in kylo Smile
that's why kylo is a character of our time
Rey in my opinion does well to distance his past from his future, but he must also take that decision otherwise there is no evolution but only regrets and pending matters
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsythia Tue 19 Nov 2019, 7:52 pm

Moonlight13 wrote:New footage Shocked  Shocked  Shocked :
https://twitter.com/sleemo_/status/1196836964860870656
@Moonlight13

It's now on YouTube in better quality and widescreen instead of the cropped square Twitter/Instagram version:

Forsythia
Forsythia
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 23 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18 ... 23  Next