Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers

+58
tukicarreno
nana7marie
motherofpearl1
Armadeus
PalmettoBlue
Casper
Forsythia
DeeBee
Froggy
bruna8728
nickandnora
special_cases
LadyGaufrette
Moonjump05
reylo1992
grimbergen
rey09
californiagirl
snufkin
Atenais
Oscarborough-fairo
MaddieDove
MrsWindu
spacebaby45678
Teo oswald
SkyStar
MindAndMagic
OrionStars
Blood Moon
Riri
Geralt_Riv
Saracene
SanghaRen
Lily Snape
Night Huntress
rawpowah
SheLitAFire
AcrosstheStars
Krafty
cherrylipstick
olyer
Kylo Men
Cowgirlsamurai
unicorn
Mielikki
thescavenger
ZioRen
whisperingwillow
KiraRen2015
Birdwoman
fuhry
Kylo Rey
lauvamp
12 Parsnips
Gemini
Moonlight13
loversinthestorm
SW_Heroine_Journey
62 posters

Page 20 of 23 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Go down

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 20 Empty Re: The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers

Post by tukicarreno Sat 07 Dec 2019, 10:36 pm

Moonjump05 wrote:Lol, what trio? Have the three even interacted together on screen?

No Laughing

Han, Luke and Leia they are not.

@Moonjump05

I know! But what does JJ keeps pretending they are? It drives me nuts..
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 20 Empty Re: The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers

Post by californiagirl Sat 07 Dec 2019, 10:38 pm

Sometimes it's the media outlets themselves who want to frame them as a trio, like Harry/Ron/Hermione. Like how they say Kylo is a sith, lol. It may not be true, but it's a familiar thing they think can sell easily.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Armadeus Sat 07 Dec 2019, 10:42 pm

californiagirl wrote:Sometimes it's the media outlets themselves who want to frame them as a trio, like Harry/Ron/Hermione. Like how they say Kylo is a sith, lol. It may not be true, but it's a familiar thing they think can sell easily.
@californiagirl

Yeah, 99% of what we're hearing in now is pure marketing speak. Sure it gets a little annoying and overbearing at times, but it is what it is. At this stage, it's hard to actually see TROS clearly through the marketing fog. All we can do is wait for the weather to clear.
Armadeus
Armadeus
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://www.fictionpress.com/u/564105/

Back to top Go down

Post by OrionStars Sat 07 Dec 2019, 10:45 pm

tukicarreno wrote:
Moonjump05 wrote:Lol, what trio? Have the three even interacted together on screen?

No Laughing

Han, Luke and Leia they are not.

@Moonjump05

I know! But what does JJ keeps pretending they are? It drives me nuts..
@tukicarreno

He doesn't pretend, he means it. The media is just reporting what they said

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 20 Wj3K0Pq
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Sun 08 Dec 2019, 12:31 am

I'd be surprised if they didn't save the galaxy as a united front. At the end, anyways, they look to be separated for much of the film. Plus I saw JJ was literally up there with the said trio when they did this presentation.

The same guy also said this.

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 20 Scree684

And it made me think that Kylo was one of the protagonists too. Smile
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases Sun 08 Dec 2019, 2:07 am

To be honest, I find it hilarious that the best promotion for trio they managed to find is the BTS pieces. You know, the chemistry between actors in real life and goofing around sets.

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 20 Episode_III_Revenge_McDiarmid03-65c5aac

Nobody in ten years will remember how it was awesome to see Daisy, John and Oscar goofing and laughing on the set in featurette video. I doubt TROS will deliver memorable iconic trio chemistry like OT trio in ANH. All of this is artificial. I doubt Lucas and Co ever planned to create "trio" with ANH, the hero, princess and antihero just were brought together as a result of plot/story and dynamics between character and chemistry "created" a trio naturally.
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nana7marie Sun 08 Dec 2019, 4:58 am

@Atenais
@MaddieDove
@Nyx
@Oscarborough-fairo
@tukicarreno
I know that the promotion of ‘the trio’ is annoying - it makes me roll me eyes too each time I see it  lol! - but I guess it was to be expected TBH. SW is a Hollywood blockbuster, it’s also a world-famous franchise, and mostly importantly a film for the younger audiences - pretty universal in its messaging and very entertaining - and such movies often feature a feel-good team of friends who are cute together and have lots of fun - ‘kids on an adventure’, as Ridley called it. But the problem here isn’t the existence and thus promotion of ‘the trio’ as such, it’s that it’s shoehorned because so far there’s been no real trio in the ST films at all - we’ve seen Rey&Finn, Finn&Poe, but no Rey&Poe and by extension no ‘trio’. They simply haven’t done the best job introducing ‘the trio’ they so much wanted to be featured in this trilogy. Also, even though the time jump is beneficial in other aspects, it doesn’t really help in this particular case - the audience has to assume Rey&Poe friendship and the whole ‘trio’ relationship developed throughout that time, but because we don’t see it, we aren’t as engaged. Oh well, there’re no perfect films  Lolilol

What annoys me most about ‘the trio’, though, is that TLJ pretty much established it’s not a trio anymore, but - whatever you call four people involved?  ROFL - I mean, what about Rose?

I also agree with @FrolickingFizzgig, @reylo1992, @rey09, @Mila95 and @californiagirl - this is all marketing - it’s supposed to give us hints regarding the plot, themes and the overall feel, to lure us to watch the film, but it can’t give away everything and definitely needs to keep the most crucial parts hidden. So the fact that we see ‘the trio’ promotion and Rey fighting Kylo in the clips is a good sign, methinks - that means there’s more stuff in the actual movie. Until we see TRoS, we don’t know the context of these fights - maybe Rey indeed just keeps fighting Kylo the Bad Guy and doesn’t care about him at all. But perhaps she’s very conflicted herself, perhaps she keeps thinking about him - that’d create so much angst! And let’s not forget that the marketing has also been definitely very Reylo-friendly so far.

@Teo oswald
This advert’s been playing on Polish TV too and I absolutely love it! H-beating
nana7marie
nana7marie
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Sun 08 Dec 2019, 9:11 am

@nana7marie even daisy said during the fight the "chemistry is infectious" and "emotions pass between them," I def thing the crux of it is basically both of them pissed at each other that they didn't join the other. They are upset with the other for rejection. Super angst!!

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Sun 08 Dec 2019, 9:59 am

Blaming JJ for the trio reminds me of blaming Rian for separating Rey and Finn in TLJ. It was actually JJ who did that at the end of TFA, setting up the Finn with the Resistance, Rey with Luke and/or Kylo split. Similarly, it was Rian who got the "trio" together on the MF, in one place for the first time, with all the BFG Resistance pals. And we can thank Colin Hi I'm Poe Trevorrow for all that resulted from that comment, lol. I think CT liked the Rey-Poe duo than a trio, if we're being honest. He never talked about Finn or Kylo or Rose. Never mind that Rey-Finn-Kylo is the closest the ST has to an organic trilogy.

I always expected some degree of trio shenanigans, and what we're getting is pretty in line with what was in my head. They're together early on, like the jungle planet and Pasaana, and bits on the Falcon. Maybe Kijimi? I don't think we've seen much beyond the third to halfway point. And I think Kylo is in contact with Rey even before that, the way she was when she was still technically with Luke. The more I think about it, the more TLJ is sounds.

They all say the chemistry is infectious because all the actors like each other, and got to imrov much of the dialogue together. Good for them for having fun. I do hope it comes across onscreen, I don't want to be bored! At least be cute and charming, even if it isn't the world's most compelling stuff. What interests me more is when they've indicated conflicts and arguing among themselves.

LF dabbled with trio marketing quite early on for TROS. By May, it became 90% ReyloReyloReylo, for a good 6 months I'd argue. Only fairly recently has there been more shift back to the trio. They have shown the amount of Reylo they are comfortable showing, so they have to tide people over with whatever else they have.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Sun 08 Dec 2019, 10:14 am

I think they feel that they have pushed the Reylo dynamic enough and that it's fair to push other aspects of the story. Personally, I am only interested in the Reylo dynamic but there are fans who wish that other characters get more recognition. I agree through that their marketing strategy is a little weird on this one. They now push the trio, leave Rose pretty much behind on the same scale as Jannah, don't show Hux at all while showing Pryde, and Dominic Monaghan either ain't part of the press tour. And they are very contradictory with all the shipping theories. Daisy said that Stormpilots would be satisfied a few month ago but Oscar basically said "RIP Stormpilot" a few days ago. She also said that Reylos woul be satisfied but that she can't really get behind it. John said that both Finn and Rey have eyes on someone else but now makes as if neither Finnrey nor Finnrose are a thing. Said multiple times that Finn & Rey are friends only but said later in another interview that they share something so intimate. Meanwhile Daisy said in another interview that in general they never throught the interactions between the different characters as romantic endgame and that love was rather meant as family. I have noticed too that DLF doesn't scream victory as much as they did with TLJ: maybe they were disappointed with the reactions to the movie. Obviously, the press was enthusiastic but the fans not so much at the time. That must have left some trace in their way of promoting the movie.
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Sun 08 Dec 2019, 10:50 am

@reylo1992 I don't think Daisy has ever pushed Finnrey, maybe intimate sounds more suggestive than is fitting, but I do expect some BFF heart to heart moments there, as I imagine their friendship has strengthened in the time gap. She keeps talking about at the beginning of the movie, Rey can't get on board with Kylo. Gee, what happens after that I wonder. They've already acknowledged they're still attracted to each other, and it's not totally adversarial. I'm not sure Daisy has shipping preferences at all. John's comment was also a question about his personal shipping feelings, and I really, truly, deeply wish interviewers would stop asking, there's literally no useful point to this.

They show Rose even less than Jannah, it's so annoying. And they won't give info on either one, though I suspect for different reasons. I do find the lack of Hux/Domnhall odd, but if the rumors about betraying the FO, or not getting along with Pryde are true, I don't know how much can be shown. The FO stuff I think gets really involved with the Palpatine stuff, so just avoid at all costs, is what I'm getting from this.

I do think they've been screaming victory, almost like they're pleasantly surprised. Like they did the impossible thing that shouldn't even exist.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Sun 08 Dec 2019, 12:15 pm

The trio is such a non-thought to me. Naturally Rey is going to be separated from them when it comes to her biggest character growth and challenges because they simply aren't on her level. Such is how it goes when it's Force users vs non Force users. But thems spoilers, so of course they won't market it.

Calling it now: It'll be the Finn and Poe show (and Rose should be firmly in there too but if I go there I'll get frustrated) and the Rey and Kylo show. The only sense in which they'll be a trio is that they're all on the same side. And some banter in the scenes when they're together (which is the humor they like to stick in trailers), which I suspect will be mainly at the beginning and minimal by the end.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Sun 08 Dec 2019, 1:24 pm

To people upset that they promote the trio:

"People keep telling me they know me"

"No one does" ==> cut to Rey, Finn and Poe racing together

"But I do"       ==> cut to Ben/Kylo

https://twitter.com/Centennial_2/status/1203756196521562113
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Sun 08 Dec 2019, 1:58 pm

@reylo1992 That was maybe the greatest moment in the entire TROS marketing campaign. Like, I can't tell you how much confidence I got from those three sentences. The trio is so clearly relegated to very specific and often early parts of the movie. It feels like LF is in a bit of a box now, just showing clips from the same things on repeat. They can't, and shouldn't show all the important parts before people pay to see it. This is the mistake so many other studios make, showing the whole film and all the best parts in the trailers.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Mon 09 Dec 2019, 8:04 am

californiagirl wrote:@reylo1992 That was maybe the greatest moment in the entire TROS marketing campaign. Like, I can't tell you how much confidence I got from those three sentences. The trio is so clearly relegated to very specific and often early parts of the movie. It feels like LF is in a bit of a box now, just showing clips from the same things on repeat. They can't, and shouldn't show all the important parts before people pay to see it. This is the mistake so many other studios make, showing the whole film and all the best parts in the trailers.
@californiagirl

Same. It looked vital. The trio is responsible for the "adventure part" of the story, it's obvious that they aren't central. Anyway, I got bitter with "Adam 404" in the featurette.
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 Wed 11 Dec 2019, 10:43 am

Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases Thu 12 Dec 2019, 10:25 am

special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Thu 12 Dec 2019, 10:30 am

Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Thu 12 Dec 2019, 1:46 pm

Oh my lord that new scene/teaser. Wow!

MY BOY... I have been every voice you have ever heard.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Thu 12 Dec 2019, 1:49 pm

Has anyone posted the link yet? https://twitter.com/reysbensolos/status/1205207841205866498

I knew they would include Snoke somehow, whether it be verbal information or actual visual/audio/flashback clips. I always wondered about "show me again, the power of the dark side," that sure ain't Anakin talking to you bro. This seems to have been well received too? We needed a good day after yesterday's nonsense. Smile
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 Thu 12 Dec 2019, 1:52 pm

Stretcher Stretcher Stretcher
Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Thu 12 Dec 2019, 1:53 pm

Also this was widely called across the fandom even if it wasn't in the "leaks" at all. Wonderful and epic!
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases Thu 12 Dec 2019, 2:01 pm

Our baby boy Kylo looks just fricking breathtaking! Have you seen these statues? Goth prince wandering in spooky Palpy's castle, looking to return his loooooove Rey.
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah Thu 12 Dec 2019, 2:05 pm

lol of course they release this teaser now. Nice damage control Laughing
rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyx Thu 12 Dec 2019, 2:08 pm

Got goosebumps while watching the clip. So this is Ben basically being catfished all his life.

Nyx
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 23 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next