Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers

+58
tukicarreno
nana7marie
motherofpearl1
Armadeus
PalmettoBlue
Casper
Forsythia
DeeBee
Froggy
bruna8728
nickandnora
special_cases
LadyGaufrette
Moonjump05
reylo1992
grimbergen
rey09
californiagirl
snufkin
Atenais
Oscarborough-fairo
MaddieDove
MrsWindu
spacebaby45678
Teo oswald
SkyStar
MindAndMagic
OrionStars
Blood Moon
Riri
Geralt_Riv
Saracene
SanghaRen
Lily Snape
Night Huntress
rawpowah
SheLitAFire
AcrosstheStars
Krafty
cherrylipstick
olyer
Kylo Men
Cowgirlsamurai
unicorn
Mielikki
thescavenger
ZioRen
whisperingwillow
KiraRen2015
Birdwoman
fuhry
Kylo Rey
lauvamp
12 Parsnips
Gemini
Moonlight13
loversinthestorm
SW_Heroine_Journey
62 posters

Page 21 of 23 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Go down

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 21 Empty Re: The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers

Post by special_cases Thu 12 Dec 2019, 2:10 pm

This is so refreshing and exciting to see something NEW in TROS. Not a desert, not ship battles, not Death Star.
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 21 Empty Re: The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers

Post by unicorn Thu 12 Dec 2019, 2:10 pm

Oh wow Exclamation
unicorn
unicorn
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by giaciak2 Thu 12 Dec 2019, 2:11 pm

Guys, in I didn't understand what happened? I only saw Kylo walks into a castle. Are there any rumors? Or do I miss something?
giaciak2
giaciak2
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

https://www.tumblr.com/blog/shaara-2

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Thu 12 Dec 2019, 2:13 pm

@giaciak2 There's audio where Palaptine calls him "my boy" and says he's every voice he's ever heard in his head, but it's Snoke and Vader saying parts of the sentence too. This is hands down going to be the creepiest, scariest Palpatine we've seen, JJ wasn't kidding about TROS.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by lauvamp Thu 12 Dec 2019, 2:18 pm

I have just watched it, AMAZING Help Stretcher

Are they preparing the audience to accept Kylo/Ben character as a hero?
lauvamp
lauvamp
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

https://lauvamp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar Thu 12 Dec 2019, 2:19 pm

Ok wow this is scarry and creepy and amazing as hell. Poor Ben.
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Thu 12 Dec 2019, 2:19 pm

californiagirl wrote:@giaciak2 There's audio where Palaptine calls him "my boy" and says he's every voice he's ever heard in his head, but it's Snoke and Vader saying parts of the sentence too. This is hands down going to be the creepiest, scariest Palpatine we've seen, JJ wasn't kidding about TROS.
@californiagirl
I called it a million years ago (whether it was Snoke or Palpw is irrelevant) but hearing it is so awful and disturbing and ugh. My boy.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by giaciak2 Thu 12 Dec 2019, 2:21 pm

californiagirl wrote:@giaciak2 There's audio where Palaptine calls him "my boy" and says he's every voice he's ever heard in his head, but it's Snoke and Vader saying parts of the sentence too. This is hands down going to be the creepiest, scariest Palpatine we've seen, JJ wasn't kidding about TROS.
@californiagirl

O M G ! Shocked

Tell me there's still hope for Ben Solo and Rey ... I'm getting tired of the roller coaster.

I wonder why they managed marketing this way ...
giaciak2
giaciak2
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

https://www.tumblr.com/blog/shaara-2

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Thu 12 Dec 2019, 2:30 pm

@FrolickingFizzgig Really, I didn't think we could get ickier than Snoke, but here we are. It's so good (by which I also mean in-world bad). Whether it was Snoke or Palpatine referenced with the mask scene in TFA, or if it changed, it almost doesn't matter, the general concept still stands.

@giaciak2 Of course there's hope! If anything, this just bodes better for Kylo's story, since he's learning he's been totally duped by the dark side the whole time.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Thu 12 Dec 2019, 3:35 pm

OK, I admit this looks really cool and creepy- I love it!
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Thu 12 Dec 2019, 3:45 pm

Me too.. And if Palpatine turns out to be just some Space Wizard of Oz - not as powerful as he looks - I would find that even greater.
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nana7marie Thu 12 Dec 2019, 4:06 pm

JFC, I WAS AWAY RELAXING IN THE SAUNA AND COME BACK TO THIS AND MIGHT’VE SH*T MY PANTS JUST NOW! Shocked Shocked Shocked Stretcher Stretcher Stretcher
nana7marie
nana7marie
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Thu 12 Dec 2019, 4:15 pm

Ah, and just as some of us were starting to wonder if they'd ever solidly address whether Ben Solo was really being mentally manipulated (which antis have vehemently denied and called us delusional fangirls for thinking), they go and make it clear in a trailer within one swift sentence. Love that for us!

All that's left is for them to confirm Palps was messing with Ben while he was still in the womb. That's the other argument point after that novel.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Thu 12 Dec 2019, 4:20 pm

ZioRen wrote:Ah, and just as some of us were starting to wonder if they'd ever solidly address whether Ben Solo was really being mentally messed with (which antis have vehemently denied and called us delusional fangirls for thinking), they go and make it clear in a trailer within one swift sentence. Love that for us!
@ZioRen

to be clear- I'm not caring for any of our theories to be proven right as long as they give us a good story...but I kind of getting a kick out of this. Not because we were right once again, but because we read the overall theme of the ST correctly despite all the mockery and ridicule of the antis.
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Thu 12 Dec 2019, 4:26 pm

I love this song. Inb4 the woobifying comments begin anew.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Thu 12 Dec 2019, 4:29 pm

Night Huntress wrote:
ZioRen wrote:Ah, and just as some of us were starting to wonder if they'd ever solidly address whether Ben Solo was really being mentally messed with (which antis have vehemently denied and called us delusional fangirls for thinking), they go and make it clear in a trailer within one swift sentence. Love that for us!
@ZioRen

to be clear- I'm not caring for any of our theories to be proven right as long as they give us a good story...but I kind of getting a kick out of this. Not because we were right once again, but because we read the overall theme of the ST correctly despite all the mockery and ridicule of the antis.
@Night Huntress

That's the thing. It became about being right, but only because they took even the most mild of our incredibly logical theories and interpretations of the story and acted like we were just crazy because Kylo hot. Wow, turns out we're right and that's not true. AGAIN. I forgive us for being a lil smug. Laughing

Okay, the 'Ben manipulated in the womb' thing is definitely based on just one possible interpretation of a somewhat vague text but darn it, I want that to be right to just to laugh.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases Thu 12 Dec 2019, 4:33 pm

ZioRen wrote:Ah, and just as some of us were starting to wonder if they'd ever solidly address whether Ben Solo was really being mentally manipulated (which antis have vehemently denied and called us delusional fangirls for thinking), they go and make it clear in a trailer within one swift sentence. Love that for us!

All that's left is for them to confirm Palps was messing with Ben while he was still in the womb. That's the other argument point after that novel.
@ZioRen

I'm forever amazed that they did it with ONE SENTENCE.

lol! lol! lol!
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Thu 12 Dec 2019, 4:38 pm

special_cases wrote:
ZioRen wrote:Ah, and just as some of us were starting to wonder if they'd ever solidly address whether Ben Solo was really being mentally manipulated (which antis have vehemently denied and called us delusional fangirls for thinking), they go and make it clear in a trailer within one swift sentence. Love that for us!

@ZioRen

I'm forever amazed that they did it with ONE SENTENCE.

lol! lol! lol!
@special_cases

However salty I've sounded at JJ lately, I will always acknowledge that he is Kylo Apologist #1 and has been from the start. It's honestly amazing.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Thu 12 Dec 2019, 4:43 pm

The fact that this, and the Amazon one, both a minute and a half long, came out at almost the same time seems strange. These are made well in advance of being actually released. But I do wonder if, in the case of PR emergency, they can put out something ahead of schedule, like this Kylo/Palpatine trailer. The timing is, at the very least, fortuitous.

Also, this has inevitably sent some people into a tailspin of how stories need to stop giving reasons or secret influences and let villains be villains because that's not how character arcs work. Wow, didn't know all villains were the same and all had the same arcs. Razz Really though, there are other pure villains in this movie if you need it.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nana7marie Thu 12 Dec 2019, 5:34 pm

californiagirl wrote:The fact that this, and the Amazon one, both a minute and a half long, came out at almost the same time seems strange. These are made well in advance of being actually released. But I do wonder if, in the case of PR emergency, they can put out something ahead of schedule, like this Kylo/Palpatine trailer. The timing is, at the very least, fortuitous.

Also, this has inevitably sent some people into a tailspin of how stories need to stop giving reasons or secret influences and let villains be villains because that's not how character arcs work. Wow, didn't know all villains were the same and all had the same arcs. Razz Really though, there are other pure villains in this movie if you need it.
@californiagirl
LMAO, yes, saw that on Twitter! Lolilol
nana7marie
nana7marie
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Thu 12 Dec 2019, 5:43 pm

TBH, I'm startled. I have no words and I'm very surprised they released this clip. Wow!

I ask myself if they would always release this clip or if it's some kinda of damage control, after promoting the trio ad nauseam.

ZioRen wrote:That's the thing. It became about being right, but only because they took even the most mild of our incredibly logical theories and interpretations of the story and acted like we were just crazy because Kylo hot. Wow, turns out we're right and that's not true. AGAIN. I forgive us for being a lil smug. Laughing

Okay, the 'Ben manipulated in the womb' thing is definitely based on just one possible interpretation of a somewhat vague text but darn it, I want that to be right to just to laugh.
@ZioRen

I was always so mad when I heard it. It's about logic, about reading the signs in the movie.
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno Thu 12 Dec 2019, 6:33 pm

nana7marie wrote:JFC, I WAS AWAY RELAXING IN THE SAUNA AND COME BACK TO THIS AND MIGHT’VE SH*T MY PANTS JUST NOW! Shocked Shocked Shocked Stretcher Stretcher Stretcher
@nana7marie

I know! This clip was AWESOME and yes how creepy is Palpatine. He's been planning this all along!
Poor Ben, I hope and pray he gets to live after all of this is said and done. Pls JJ... I love you
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Thu 12 Dec 2019, 8:26 pm

Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Fri 13 Dec 2019, 12:53 am

@Atenais

Why is Rey looking so in awe at her hands in the scene where Kylo is walking towards her? Confus
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Fri 13 Dec 2019, 1:09 am

@FrolickingFizzgig What was that JJ quote about haunted houses we were discussing? This is it.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 23 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next