Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

+58
unicorn
TheLastJedi
Krafty
Socialnole
Blood Moon
Nyx
Chris24601
nonesuch
EchoBase
Moonjump05
Forsythia
whisperingwillow
cherrylipstick
vinventure12
Dar-ren19
Armadeus
Mana
SoloSideCousin
Lily Snape
KiraRen2015
Geralt_Riv
motherofpearl1
FrolickingFizzgig
Mila95
MaddieDove
vaderito
Kylo Rey
olyer
Kyla Ren
Kylo Men
snufkin
Atenais
spacebaby45678
SW_Heroine_Journey
Gemini
Moonlight13
rawpowah
nana7marie
Lovely_Rose
AhsokaTano
SkyStar
Night Huntress
Casper
OrionStars
Teo oswald
SanghaRen
PalmettoBlue
special_cases
rey09
californiagirl
AcrosstheStars
Cowgirlsamurai
Saracene
Riri
nickandnora
ZioRen
lauvamp
fuhry
62 posters

Page 27 of 42 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 34 ... 42  Next

Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 27 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by SkyStar Wed 20 Nov 2019, 11:40 am

snufkin wrote:
SkyStar wrote:
snufkin wrote:Padawan Ben looks like a dentist in that outfit, no wonder he fell to the Darkside.

rey09 wrote:Prob discussed before but I cannot get over this quote: “Even when they’re not together they still haunt each other in a way — they know they are each other’s unresolved business,” Abrams said.
wowowowowow

@rey09

Yep. I just re-watched Crimson Peak, which we know that GdT and JJ are friends/working together on a project and boy are the gothic romance feels getting amped up for TRoS.

@snufkin
I love CP and it is exciting how much ST mirrors these tropes. Also how it is similar to Rey discovering more and more about the Solo/Skywalker family and Edith discovering the past of Sharps. Its almost a crime novel and Rey is picking up and connecting all these pieces also how she belongs in the full picture.
@SkyStar

"Ghosts are a metaphor"

TROS is going to be a ghost story IMO, Rey's going to the second Death Star, which is a haunted house and confronting literal ghosts of the past, including her own parents. Hell, I was just reading yesterday about MRR James and remembered his story Lost Hearts,
Spoiler:
@snufkin

That also reminds me of Rilke’s “The Notebooks of Malte Laurids Brigge“ where he thinks of the ghosts of his family and how they appear as just a norm in the environment. SW always had force ghosts but they are going into the gothic direction and it is so cool. We still don’t know how Luke is going to look as well. Perhaps they have changed the ghost look to be more interesting as well.
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 27 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by Atenais Wed 20 Nov 2019, 11:43 am

special_cases wrote:Interesting that Kylo's clothes are dirty with mud in posters. The background is open cosmos with stars, which is present in many marketing materials. Hinting on "across the stars" or "literal sky walking" or final battle being partly on the surface of Star Destroyer?
@special_cases

Despite the posters being really simple, as pointed @Forsythia, the bold was the first thing I thought when I see them. Somehow, looks more like the classical Star Wars, it's fair that the last movie has lots of stars.
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Wed 20 Nov 2019, 11:51 am

The TLJ posters had the whole red aesthetic, which I loved for the character posters. But not so much on the big theatrical poster, since it made most of the characters one big red blur.

Kasdan on the snow fight. I feel this shouldn't need explaining at this point, but some people don't understand Kylo or Rey even now.
https://ew.com/movies/2019/11/20/force-awakens-rey-lightsaber/

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 27 Scree655

I just have a hard time believing Adam is so genuinely happy (and that bit on Colbert is clearly why they don't let him do press), and everyone and everything promises a happy ending, as made by JJ "I like movies to lift me up and make me feel good" and "I'm always looking for the love story, also I like to pair my female main characters off by the end" Abrams and LF "SW is about hope and love saving the characters and the galaxy", about a sad ending.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Wed 20 Nov 2019, 12:16 pm

“Rey is full of The Force — you know that pretty early on. We’ve seen other demonstrations that she did earlier in the movie that she has in her. You know she’s not unimportant. The saber flies into her hand because it belongs in her hand.

While the secret to Kylo is that he’s massively insecure. He wants to be Darth II, but he isn’t because he’s very conflicted about everything he wants. He wants to be that pure force of evil and power, but he’s not purely any of that. I don’t know what happens in [Rise of Skywalker], but I’m sure that will continue to play out.”

— Lawrence Kasdan on why the lightsaber flew to Rey in The Force Awakens

Last edited by Teo oswald on Wed 20 Nov 2019, 12:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Wed 20 Nov 2019, 12:22 pm

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 27 C0814351497c749b22fff68a063b086a7647afc3
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 27 2b20ca4af2f66376cd4fda09f983fdd8373530f5
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 27 F03a327f2e7bcdc454618a918166f162636508b2
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 27 85a07368d927b3bc45785292f643e3247399f6bd
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 27 Bfe1e4d767a0f88ee101cbda6e33c3b15f5f40bf
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 27 F2f60790e1113957c5ad14eb3e1f31f1f6cdcf65

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 27 134467b264970427c5ac13fc6a64de3ae4318592

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 27 Dd9b8297fcf17b96c31da1159d8c8718baf4a23d

“No matter how much we fought...I always hated watching you leave.”
Like mother, like son.
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar Wed 20 Nov 2019, 12:34 pm

The posters are classy and old school, I like them. Especially Reys.
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonjump05 Wed 20 Nov 2019, 12:36 pm

The character posters are so minimilistic, they'd look good on the back of a toy but as an advertisement by themselves?
Moonjump05
Moonjump05
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Wed 20 Nov 2019, 12:50 pm

On the topic of Kylo living vs. dying; for me, it's actually not that I have some massive investment in him surviving. I do, of course, want the character to live on, but I can and always have been prepared to accept a satisfying conclusion in which he sacrifices himself and exists with his family in the Force. I think this is the less interesting option and I don't feel it suits the themes of the trilogy or his archetype perfectly, but death itself is not the be-all-end-all from my perspective. The real kicker is that when I look at the actual story fabric and evidence within what we know about the film, it all points to a conclusion in which Kylo becomes Ben Solo, returns as the Prodigal Son and accepts the forgiveness of his father, risks his life (and is stabbed!) to support Rey and lives on to atone. Leia has an entire background arc about trying to save her child that has no resolution, and I don't think that's insignificant. He is not heard among the ghosts or seen as a Force apparition with his family and is not honoured at the Skywalker funeral despite being Rey's most developed on-screen relationship, and I don't think that's insignificant either. They have this incredible Force connection that allows them to feel each other's emotions to some degree and through which they can literally cross the stars - also not insignificant. A conclusion in which Rey - the girl who has wanted nothing but family - has to organize a funeral for the family she found and lost is... tragic. It's heartbreaking when you think about it for more than half a second. Again, this is what Kathleen Kennedy has described as life-affirming and optimistic and unlike the more grim narrative conclusions we're accustomed to seeing in film?

Right now we're either missing what makes his death profound and emotional or we're missing the scenes that confirms he survives. It's one or the other. There is no in between. I do believe there is significantly more evidence pointing toward the latter right now, but the truth is the absence of information is not a confirmation in either direction. The pieces that make each potential direction fit are currently lacking even if one is, in opinion, more supported than the other.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases Wed 20 Nov 2019, 1:01 pm

Atenais wrote:
special_cases wrote:Interesting that Kylo's clothes are dirty with mud in posters. The background is open cosmos with stars, which is present in many marketing materials. Hinting on "across the stars" or "literal sky walking" or final battle being partly on the surface of Star Destroyer?
@special_cases

Despite the posters being really simple, as pointed @Forsythia, the bold was the first thing I thought when I see them. Somehow, looks more like the classical Star Wars, it's fair that the last movie has lots of stars.
@Atenais

Did you also notice how many times we already saw Rey jumping and "walking through the sky"?

In first teaser she is jumping on Kylo's ship.
In the trailer she jumps in the forest and lands on DS ruins.
In TV spot she jumps from one ship to another in open space.

And this is just from marketing. In movies it also can be a foreshadowing for Ben doing "walking through the sky" after he redeemed or the way he or Rey will save him.

Or maybe that's a bit of reach and I'm reading too much into all of this.
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Wed 20 Nov 2019, 2:48 pm

special_cases wrote:
Kylo Rey wrote:On Twitter Sleemo mentioned that industry screenings for The Last Jedi were held as early as December 4th, and that the visual dictionary was leaked on reddit Dec 6th. This is when bigger spoilers started to get out, so we’re not far out from that stage for TROS now.

TLJ peeps, remember that Reylo tumblr user (reyloismine) who managed to attend a TLJ screening early and dropped some details? Like green milk and shirtless Kylo (people didn’t believe her haha, but she did turn out to be legit). Well I just scrolled through her tumblr and I found this interesting:

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 27 46976b10

https://reyloismine.tumblr.com/post/189172443711/do-you-know-what-day-youre-going-to-see-tros-i
@Kylo Rey

Oh yeah, at least we have someone from Reylo side to get us info. She didn't spoil the movie that time but said that spoilers with green milk and shirtless can be considered legit. Which was helpful. IIRC, she said it ends on bad note for Reylo. I actually didn't believe her and learnt a hard lesson from it. It never looks legit when hardcore fan of concrete outcome is the leaker. But she wasn't teasing people so it was unfair to not believe her.
@special_cases

She did say that, and I remember that being the primary reason people refused to believe her. HOWEVER, I think her view of events was actually sort of misleading. TLJ ended Reylo on a completely logical note for the second movie of a trilogy, plus some bonus puppy eyes!

If she's specifically going to question the pit this time, though, I think there's less reason to think it's a matter of perspective. If she sees it early and tells us it doesn't end well for Kylo/Reylo, we'll know what she means.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase Wed 20 Nov 2019, 2:57 pm

EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Wed 20 Nov 2019, 3:41 pm

SkyStar wrote:
snufkin wrote:
SkyStar wrote:
snufkin wrote:Padawan Ben looks like a dentist in that outfit, no wonder he fell to the Darkside.

rey09 wrote:Prob discussed before but I cannot get over this quote: “Even when they’re not together they still haunt each other in a way — they know they are each other’s unresolved business,” Abrams said.
wowowowowow

@rey09

Yep. I just re-watched Crimson Peak, which we know that GdT and JJ are friends/working together on a project and boy are the gothic romance feels getting amped up for TRoS.

@snufkin
I love CP and it is exciting how much ST mirrors these tropes. Also how it is similar to Rey discovering more and more about the Solo/Skywalker family and Edith discovering the past of Sharps. Its almost a crime novel and Rey is picking up and connecting all these pieces also how she belongs in the full picture.
@SkyStar

"Ghosts are a metaphor"

TROS is going to be a ghost story IMO, Rey's going to the second Death Star, which is a haunted house and confronting literal ghosts of the past, including her own parents. Hell, I was just reading yesterday about MRR James and remembered his story Lost Hearts,
Spoiler:
@snufkin

That also reminds me of Rilke’s “The Notebooks of Malte Laurids Brigge“ where he thinks of the ghosts of his family and how they appear as just a norm in the environment. SW always had force ghosts but they are going into the gothic direction and it is so cool. We still don’t know how Luke is going to look as well. Perhaps they have changed the ghost look to be more interesting as well.
@SkyStar

Oh we're getting full blown Force Ghosts appearing to Space Hamlet and in terms of Rey (which the actress has also played a version of Ophelia who's not down for other peoples' sh*t), I'd love it if we got something like how in Crimson Peak
Spoiler:
. But the fact that it was JJ who did the dedication speech for GdT getting his walk of fame star in Hollywood and all this imagery/terminology, he's at least put some thought into the ghost story/gothic romance element into TRoS's story and visuals. I'd actually forgotten about seeing Crimson Peak's costumes and supporting/collateral material (including historic items related to Mary Shelley and the Bronte Sisters) until a conversation with @Cowgirlsamurai reminded me and the wheels started turning over the Death Star ruins imagery.

Teo oswald wrote:“Rey is full of The Force — you know that pretty early on. We’ve seen other demonstrations that she did earlier in the movie that she has in her. You know she’s not unimportant. The saber flies into her hand because it belongs in her hand.

While the secret to Kylo is that he’s massively insecure. He wants to be Darth II, but he isn’t because he’s very conflicted about everything he wants. He wants to be that pure force of evil and power, but he’s not purely any of that. I don’t know what happens in [Rise of Skywalker], but I’m sure that will continue to play out.”

— Lawrence Kasdan on why the lightsaber flew to Rey in The Force Awakens
@Teo oswald

Hahahaha, yeah I've been saying for years now that he had a pretty central role in shaping the story, characters, and themes. Which if you read his interviews for TFA/Solo, listen to the 2015 Writer's Guild of America talk, or read The Art of Solo, Lucas brought him on board right after KK. There are things which seem pretty obvious in the dialogue/writing which point to his ideas and now that they're getting close to wrapping it up. The Art of book is critical because it talks about how that was the source material, the first project for the new era, and how he eventually stepped away from it to come in and help JJ get the script delivered in time for the January 2014 start of production. There are so many ideas/images/character beats from Solo which made its way directly into the ST and called it way back in early 2016 that the Interogation Scene with the Force Bond forming was something he wrote, which huh, LF then confirmed after TFA came out. There's going to be more once TROS is released (including his thoughts/ideas about Han and how that in turn shapes Ben's character/arc).
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases Wed 20 Nov 2019, 4:25 pm

@ZioRen To be honest, I now think it sounded depressing then because we didn't know the whole movie. I remember that she was attacked with hundred questions because of this and she said that you need to see the movie to understand and she specified that one should consider that it's not the end. Considering that she was tip-toeing about everything, I now think that she didn't want to give false hopes and then feel like she was misleading someone. TLJ in general can be very confusing movie from just one screening. But you're right. Doesn't look like TROS can be so confusing and open to interpretation from first screening. Let's just hope that she will get any information early.
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nonesuch Wed 20 Nov 2019, 4:41 pm

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:On the topic of Kylo living vs. dying; for me, it's actually not that I have some massive investment in him surviving. I do, of course, want the character to live on, but I can and always have been prepared to accept a satisfying conclusion in which he sacrifices himself and exists with his family in the Force. I think this is the less interesting option and I don't feel it suits the themes of the trilogy or his archetype perfectly, but death itself is not the be-all-end-all from my perspective. The real kicker is that when I look at the actual story fabric and evidence within what we know about the film, it all points to a conclusion in which Kylo becomes Ben Solo, returns as the Prodigal Son and accepts the forgiveness of his father, risks his life (and is stabbed!) to support Rey and lives on to atone. Leia has an entire background arc about trying to save her child that has no resolution, and I don't think that's insignificant. He is not heard among the ghosts or seen as a Force apparition with his family and is not honoured at the Skywalker funeral despite being Rey's most developed on-screen relationship, and I don't think that's insignificant either. They have this incredible Force connection that allows them to feel each other's emotions to some degree and through which they can literally cross the stars - also not insignificant. A conclusion in which Rey - the girl who has wanted nothing but family - has to organize a funeral for the family she found and lost is... tragic. It's heartbreaking when you think about it for more than half a second. Again, this is what Kathleen Kennedy has described as life-affirming and optimistic and unlike the more grim narrative conclusions we're accustomed to seeing in film?

Right now we're either missing what makes his death profound and emotional or we're missing the scenes that confirms he survives. It's one or the other. There is no in between. I do believe there is significantly more evidence pointing toward the latter right now, but the truth is the absence of information is not a confirmation in either direction. The pieces that make each potential direction fit are currently lacking even if one is, in opinion, more supported than the other.
@FrolickingFizzgig

I've already given this a like, but also wanted to spell out how great this post is. I share your sentiments completely, and your logic is why I'm pretty confident that we're going to be okay. I'm prepared for Ben to die, and I can accept it as long as it means something and has strong emotional ramifications (though, just to be clear, I would obviously prefer for him to live!).
nonesuch
nonesuch
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Men Wed 20 Nov 2019, 5:06 pm

If the ending is killing off Kylo and replacing the Skywalkers with phony Skywalkers, especially if they basically retcon the whole series in the process, it will go down very badly among the fans. See Terminator: Dark Fate.

Kylo Men
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Wed 20 Nov 2019, 5:11 pm

I'm not feeling those posters.

Reys looks good, I agree.

They are drawings , right?
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Wed 20 Nov 2019, 5:45 pm

Kylo Men wrote:If the ending is killing off Kylo and replacing the Skywalkers with phony Skywalkers, especially if they basically retcon the whole series in the process, it will go down very badly among the fans. See Terminator: Dark Fate.
@Kylo Men

It's basically the EU 2.0. Which apologies to the EU fans, but when the OT ended and those books started to come out, each time I'd see them at a bookstore and thumb through them and think "this really is not the same thing, it's not even a very logical or satisfying follow up to the movies." If that's the plan after TRoS, then LF is going to be back in the same position it was in 1983, where only the most fanatical/diehard of fans will stick around.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Wed 20 Nov 2019, 6:15 pm

snufkin wrote:
Kylo Men wrote:If the ending is killing off Kylo and replacing the Skywalkers with phony Skywalkers, especially if they basically retcon the whole series in the process, it will go down very badly among the fans. See Terminator: Dark Fate.
@Kylo Men

It's basically the EU 2.0. Which apologies to the EU fans, but when the OT ended and those books started to come out, each time I'd see them at a bookstore and thumb through them and think "this really is not the same thing, it's not even a very logical or satisfying follow up to the movies." If that's the plan after TRoS, then LF is going to be back in the same position it was in 1983, where only the most fanatical/diehard of fans will stick around.
@snufkin

The greatest hope is that they are smart enough to realize this, which is one of the reasons why I am feeling positive because they are not enough in number to create blockbuster films. Yes, quality is important, including artistic quality, yet this is also a business.
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by OrionStars Wed 20 Nov 2019, 6:15 pm

@Atenais
Yeah, nothing is impossible, both sides (Kylo dies vs Kylo doesn't die) have shreds of evidence to support them. No one has the confidence to assert that "Kylo dies" or "Kylo survives". The marketing for TROS could be bland and bad, but the strategy to trick Kylo's fans show up in the theater is pretty brilliant. They know for sure there are some markets, even the big one, that only care about Kylo's well-being. Frankly, LFL can use the curiosity of finding out Kylo's fate to lure people out, but when it comes to the box office, how the film performs in the long-run is always the matter, there is nothing secure them from not facing another TLJ's box office meltdown once people find out the truth.

@Teo oswald
Sorry mate, but KK only mentioned Rey, Finn, Poe, BB-8. And I've even seen other folks in the marketing thread questioning that why do LFL only let the faux ST trio show up on every territory of the press tour. The truth is LFL has tried to push the faux trio in the last 3 years. They even forced Leia to take Poe as her "surrogate son" so it would feel like Poe was starting to be more relevant to the Skywalker. The relationship between "surrogate mother and son" felt forced and out of place at the time, people didn't take it seriously but it seems like that's where the whole trainwreck of the fake Skywalkers began. I have to admit that it's pretty "unique" and "rare" if they're willing to sacrifice the whole Skywalker family just to push Rey, lmao. The faux trio ain't gonna get away peacefully and smell like a rose after TROS. Even Reddit isn't trying to be nice anymore and is starting to call Rey "identity thief" for stealing their beloved Luke's last name.
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Wed 20 Nov 2019, 7:10 pm

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:On the topic of Kylo living vs. dying; for me, it's actually not that I have some massive investment in him surviving. I do, of course, want the character to live on, but I can and always have been prepared to accept a satisfying conclusion in which he sacrifices himself and exists with his family in the Force. I think this is the less interesting option and I don't feel it suits the themes of the trilogy or his archetype perfectly, but death itself is not the be-all-end-all from my perspective. The real kicker is that when I look at the actual story fabric and evidence within what we know about the film, it all points to a conclusion in which Kylo becomes Ben Solo, returns as the Prodigal Son and accepts the forgiveness of his father, risks his life (and is stabbed!) to support Rey and lives on to atone. Leia has an entire background arc about trying to save her child that has no resolution, and I don't think that's insignificant. He is not heard among the ghosts or seen as a Force apparition with his family and is not honoured at the Skywalker funeral despite being Rey's most developed on-screen relationship, and I don't think that's insignificant either. They have this incredible Force connection that allows them to feel each other's emotions to some degree and through which they can literally cross the stars - also not insignificant. A conclusion in which Rey - the girl who has wanted nothing but family - has to organize a funeral for the family she found and lost is... tragic. It's heartbreaking when you think about it for more than half a second. Again, this is what Kathleen Kennedy has described as life-affirming and optimistic and unlike the more grim narrative conclusions we're accustomed to seeing in film?

@FrolickingFizzgig

Yes, I share your sentiments as well. I was always ready for him to die, but as the story grew on me I started to wish a beautiful and cohesive conclusion. At least, from the pics and videos, we will have a movie with great imagery.

special_cases wrote:
Atenais wrote:
@special_cases

@Atenais

Did you also notice how many times we already saw Rey jumping and "walking through the sky"?

In first teaser she is jumping on Kylo's ship.
In the trailer she jumps in the forest and lands on DS ruins.
In TV spot she jumps from one ship to another in open space.

And this is just from marketing. In movies it also can be a foreshadowing for Ben doing "walking through the sky" after he redeemed or the way he or Rey will save him.

Or maybe that's a bit of reach and I'm reading too much into all of this.
@special_cases

While the posters aren't artistic as TLJs, I found the stars poetic and your interpretation made them even nicer.

@OrionStars I really hope that the movie can touch me. I'm ok with a sad, but beautifully made movie.
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Wed 20 Nov 2019, 7:16 pm

LF tossed out the EU for a reason. Now they cherry-pick bits like Thrawn to keep and integrate into new canon. The only things they kept outright were the movies and TCW, specifically because they were GL's projects. The ST drew on some of his stuff too, and they've been more open about his involvement lately. It would be very odd if they just suddenly went, nah, at the eleventh hour.

Have they really tried to force a trio? That's not what I got from either film. Poe wasn't even on the first poster for TFA. Even this one started moving away from trio marketing very early on, and got to the Kylo/Rey stuff much earlier than last time. They've openly said and shown that doesn't really last that long in TROS. I'm pleasantly surprised actually, even if they're still being a little cautious. There's way less BS this round, hopefully less than the very misleading stuff for Mandalorian.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora Wed 20 Nov 2019, 7:32 pm

nickandnora wrote:I have a question about the spoilers and I'm loathe to look back at the leaks.

Can anyone tell me if, after Kylo says to the FO that they need to raise and army, and they raise that army (or Sith troopers and ships I presume) he actually does anything with it? I seem to remember not (that we see/know of), but I don't know if that's truth or just wishful thinking on my part. Who orders Kijimi to be destroyed? Who's commanding that army in the third act when Kylo is fighting with Rey on the Death Star and against Palpatine? Am I missing some key detail in the leaks? I believe we're told that the Sith stormtroopers and the Knights of Ren only answer to Kylo, but that has to be at least a bit of misdirection because he's not actually there to command them to do anything by the end of the film.

Thanks in advance if someone can provide either clarification, or confirmation that no, Kylo seems to raise an army (because he feels he has to) and then goes back to bed, lol.
@nickandnora

Quoting myself to confirm that no one has an answer to this, right? It's unclear from the leaks what he actually does with the Sith Army?

On another note, I keep coming back to this moment Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 27 C1e6e2a0fa96db78d256d358a1256b9dc2b06d16and also the moment where Rey is physically in the room seeing the Vader helmet for the first time. If I assume they are essentially the same scene, here's the thing that's really striking me about it: her facial expression is shocked and also sort of... betrayed? And that gets me thinking: what is the *actual* dynamic between the two of them after their Pasaana meetup in the desert (where she apparently crashes his ship) and before this moment and the Death Star? The leaks would of course have us believe it's all antagonism all the time... but then why the look of shock and sort of betrayal when she comes across this Vader artifact? There's got to be at least a few moments before the one on the ship where she's conflicted about him again and maybe coming around to affection once more?

I also sometimes think about the interview where Daisy said: "Is an apology ever enough?" I don't know how literal Daisy was being there, but for the sake of argument... exactly when does Kylo apologize with words? At the end? Or is it close to the beginning? And does this make a difference in how the audience perceives what happens afterwards? Is this further proof that Kylo's redemption actually begins at the START of the film, and not at the beginning of Act 3?

Just things I'm thinking about right now.

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by OrionStars Wed 20 Nov 2019, 8:59 pm

@Kylo Men

Such a perfect example, that's film had a lot of potentials, people were so eager to see it, especially with the return of James Cameron as the producer of the film. But then people found out that the filmmaker had decided to kill John Connor in order to make Dani become the one and only important character of Terminator universe, Terminator's fans felt betrayed, and international GA thought it was a retarded choice, so everyone stopped supporting that film, now Dark Fate has become the most failed Terminator movie in the history of the Terminator series, maybe ever.
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Wed 20 Nov 2019, 9:11 pm

You really think Disney/LF brought back Harrison "Top Billing" Ford for what will probably one of the most emotional scenes in the entire franchise so they could throw Han Solo's son into a pit "never to be seen again" fifteen minutes later? You really think they wrote Carrie Fisher's final Leia story arc surrounding how she gave up her potential as a Jedi to save her child just to say "sucks to be her, I guess?" C'mon! They're covering all the bases and injecting every single bit of sappiness into this for a reason.

@nickandnora
I think visually it's going to be one of those things that's difficult to pin down. Rey and Kylo are probably on different wavelengths at first, at least in terms of their actions and reactions toward each other. Kylo clearly does not want to hurt her and doesn't take any opportunity to kill her friends (even when he captures Chewie), but it's going to take a lot for Rey to get over that feeling of betrayal. She doesn't trust him. It doesn't matter if his motivations in pursuing her are in huge part sentimental, as they appear to be. She can't go down that road again after what happened. He may try to apologize earlier in the film; it'll go on deaf ears. Kylo knows something about Rey that he doesn't want to share with her and this probably only makes her angrier and more confused and hurt. She's spiteful and scorned. Look at the way she goes right for his ego when she smashes the mask. She wants to punish him. All of this and her crusade for what happened to her parents leads her on a path toward fear and anger, which is exactly what takes over when she stabs Kylo when he's likely trying to prevent her from using the Wayfinder to reach Palpatine.

It's probably only when Ben returns for her despite everything that happened that their wavelengths match again, and for good this time. They know who they are and what they want to protect.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by OrionStars Wed 20 Nov 2019, 11:44 pm

californiagirl wrote:LF tossed out the EU for a reason. Now they cherry-pick bits like Thrawn to keep and integrate into new canon. The only things they kept outright were the movies and TCW, specifically because they were GL's projects. The ST drew on some of his stuff too, and they've been more open about his involvement lately. It would be very odd if they just suddenly went, nah, at the eleventh hour.

Have they really tried to force a trio? That's not what I got from either film. Poe wasn't even on the first poster for TFA. Even this one started moving away from trio marketing very early on, and got to the Kylo/Rey stuff much earlier than last time. They've openly said and shown that doesn't really last that long in TROS. I'm pleasantly surprised actually, even if they're still being a little cautious. There's way less BS this round, hopefully less than the very misleading stuff for Mandalorian.
@californiagirl

Hmm, yeah, LFL has tried to promote the faux trio for years, even the actors who played the faux trio are promoting it now. People are so tired of hearing about it, now they're not afraid to show how they feel about the faux trio anymore. Anw, why do we have to pretend that it didn't happen?

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 27 Wsq7aDt
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 42 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 34 ... 42  Next