Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Post TROS Therapy

+21
vaderito
BB-Rey
snufkin
SkyStar
Starliteprism
BenSoloLives
reylo1992
SW_Heroine_Journey
lauvamp
nickandnora
ZioRen
Atenais
MaddieDove
motherofpearl1
Saracene
MrsWindu
cherrylipstick
unicorn
Froggy
shii405
rey09
25 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Post TROS Therapy  - Page 2 Empty Re: Post TROS Therapy

Post by rey09 Tue 31 Dec 2019, 8:02 pm

Man we reylos have been thru so much s***, just because we ship FICTIONAL characters. Wild.

JB's comments, CT interview, all nauseating. Def feel pushed down yet again.

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Wed 01 Jan 2020, 1:25 am

I was genuinely astonished on reading another forum where a lot of people argued Reylo "was never implied."

Excuse me? Are they forgetting the Force bond? The hut hand touch? Kylo and Rey fighting side by side?

Even if you aren't a reylo fan, the fact is this relationship was practically yelled at you all through TLJ.

And that is why we are so disappointed with TROS. Our expectations were built up then cruelly shot down,, and I suspect that it was largely just to give fans of this ship a huge finger.

I wouldn't be a bit surprised either, if Daisy and John were 'got at'. Unlike Oscar and Adam they aren't established actors, and therefore have to be careful of annoying the mouse.

Well, I really hope that the poor box office takings, plus I suspect a drop in merchandise sales might make the mouse sign-up and realise they can't treat the people who give them their money like that.

I myself am mad at how they treated Adam, Kelly and Domhnall, three actors who have shown nothing but dignity despite their roles being butchered so KK, Iger, and Terrio could put what they themselves wanted to see on screen. You make these films to sell to the public, guys, not for your own personal enjoyment.

And reducing children to tears on Christmas Day is unforgivable.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Wed 01 Jan 2020, 5:01 pm

The Reylo Anthology is a wonderful form of therapy - art therapy! I love you

https://www.reyloanthology.com/

I have the Padawan Bundle -  there is a wonderful preview of the art all over the tumblr location/website, if you don't have the anthology book.

On January 3rd, there is a limited sale occurring, https://www.reyloanthology.com/post/189999785280/limited-quantity-of-resurrection-a-reylo

The limited sale will be at this location - https://reyloanthology.bigcartel.com/ (appears the pdf will be available, as well)

After that, they will look for interest via Kickstarter to create and sell more.   "if there is enough interest after the fact (via Kickstarter) we will do a reprint of the books and merch (prices start at USD$45 due to higher reprinting costs)."

SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Thu 02 Jan 2020, 7:08 pm

I think that a nice way to go through post TROS therapy is to read this analysis, which IMO is the deepest and wisest perspective I have found  about how TROS ties the entire franchise in a more meaningful way we think:
Post TROS Therapy  - Page 2 Captu104
https://www.shortstormtrooperreviews.com/2019/12/anakin-skywalkers-story-was-not.html

IMO it can help everybody who goes through a hard time understanding/accepting why a Palpatine was the one who was chosen by the Skywalker lightsaber, got connected with the Jedi of the Past and ultimately defeated the Big Bad in the last trilogy of the Skywalker franchise. It really led me to question my own understanding of  the Prophecy of the Chosen One since I kept insisting so much about how important it was to explain how Anakin could be the Chosen One despite the Skywalker arc going on with the ST. It's especially intended for people who think that TROS retconed Anakin's achievements, weakened the Skywalker legavy and question our reaction to a Palpatine keeping on this legacy, especially those who feel like she stole it. I really love how this person cleverly interpret what the fall and redemption of Anakin finally taught to the Jedi - including Luke with his attempt to rebuild the Jedi order - about the mistakes they committed. I especially love how that analysis emphasizes the role of Qui-Gon Jinn as a precursor who paved the way for a better understanding of the Force by the Jedi:

[i]When Luke says he cannot kill his own father, Obi Wan responds then we have lost, “the Emperor has already won, you were our only hope.” Earlier Yoda told Luke “Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny.” Again this shows that the Jedi are too focused on flawed traditions and they cannot see the good in all people, no matter how dark their past. In reality the Jedi want the same thing as Palpatine, a Sith lord. They want Luke to kill his father. That is the only way for them. They are proven to be wrong. [b]Luke finds another path, one that he was not taught by the Jedi. In fact it is the opposite, it is a path that the Skywalkers must teach the Jedi. Similarly to Qui Gon the Skywalkers are the only ones at first to believe in silly and foolish creatures[/b], what many consider to be the precursors to Jar Jar and the Gungans, the Ewoks. Luke and Leia are the only ones to believe the Ewoks have value. Leia in her interactions with Wicket, Luke in telling Han to put away his blaster. Ultimately, the Ewoks help save the day just like the Gungans. Most importantly Luke saved his father through his love for him, a family relationship that was expressly forbidden by the Jedi. In turn Anakin saves Luke through his love for him. Anakin redeems himself, destroys the Emperor through pure love for his son, and becomes a Force Ghost. He has taught the Jedi that a dark lord of the Sith, someone who had the principal role in destroying the entire Jedi Order, was redeemable and indeed had great value. [b]Qui Gon taught this lesson first and he provided a way for Anakin to come back through learning the secret of the Force Ghosts, literally preparing the way for Anakin to powerfully demonstrate that anyone, no matter their background still has value. This is a lesson that recurs throughout the sequel trilogy[/b].[/i] wrote:

Indeed, Rey showed that she has the spirit of a Skywalker. Despite some anger management, TROS emphasizes how she shows a genuine interest to the creatures on the Pasaana market, how she reassures the droid D-O who was mistreated, how she heals the wounded snake and how she shows compassion toward Kylo even in most critical moments. All Skywalker actually displayed this ability to have compassion and be helpful for people darker/lower than them. Anakin as a little boy definitely showed that quality to help the others, which was also a genuine quality of Padme when you look at how she treated Anakin despite his condition, was willing to see the Gungans as equals and helped creatures who were dying on their planet. Luke and Leia also displayed these qualities and IMO got biased by the Jedi undersntanding of the Force  that Luke tried to rebuild through a new order. Their mistake contributed to Ben's fall and thus they corrected it with Rey. As for Ben's sacrifice, it's the epitome of the selfless & compassionate act of love. Skywalker legacy rocks!
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Sun 05 Jan 2020, 9:06 am

If anyone looking for a reylo rebound, I'd recommend the new netflix show Spinning Out! Not fantasy, just regular life. Centers around young figure skaters trying to accomplish their dreams in the backdrop of family issues. Main character has bipolar and is from a very toxic home (mom is January Jones). She also had a traumatic accident that's been preventing her from getting back on the rink, so she needs the courage to start over again. There is a enemies to lovers kind of thing between her and her skating partner, lot of tension! And what I needed most- a heartfelt story about two broken people, basically everything I wanted in reylo but didn't get lol. The guy is a player in the beginning but he knows there's something special about her. On the side, the filming is great, esp the skating, quite breathtaking.

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BenSoloLives Thu 09 Jan 2020, 3:54 pm

I don't know if this username that I chose now feels ironic or just sad.

Far as I'm concerned, Ben Solo is wandering in the World Between Worlds and Rey was just ditching the last of those godforsaken awful parents of his before she comes to collect him.

I will never call her Rey Skywalker. What a revolting and ignominious end to something so full of potential to make a statement about love and healing and atonement and belonging and identity and legacy.

I honestly believed nothing would ever disappoint me more than the PT.
Boy was I dumb.
BenSoloLives
BenSoloLives
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Thu 09 Jan 2020, 4:10 pm

My friend, I've been a SW fan for forty years.
This saga has helped me through some bad times.

LF/Disney, whoever they are have completely destroyed the heart and soul of it. They've presented a message that we should be ashamed of being human, that love is a corrupt thing that should be rejected, that the vulnerable and the damaged should be seen as disposable human beings and that women should aspire to being eternal virgins, or risk damnation.

The whole saga had become an apologist for some sort of vile right wing religion.

It's become toxic. Most of al something I don't want to be part of.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism Sun 12 Jan 2020, 5:00 pm

My therapy yesterday consisted of a meetup/potluck/get-together with a half a dozen Reylos that I previously met via Twitter to air one's grievances, eat and drink to our hearts delight, and play some party games. Very therapeutic and highly recommended.
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Sun 12 Jan 2020, 6:02 pm

I've been immersing myself in happy love stories, been helping so far. At this point, I'm whatever about reylo stuff. Sad I know but it is what it is...

I recently read this chick lit romance One day in december. I absolutely loved it!! I cannot stop thinking about it. To me, it's actually reylo in the real world, but no enemies to lovers. Two people lock eyes one day at a bus stop and they feel this electric thing between them, but the bus moves and they don't see each other again...until later in a less than ideal situation. The characters are really emotional with each other, esp the guy. I loved him. I've heard a lot of ppl finding him "problematic" but they were really in an awkward situation. They can't be together for various reasons but their emotional connection is undeniable. It takes place over 10 years, which I loved. It's a story I guess about how love finds a way when the time is right. The ending was super cheesy but LOVED it. Seriously recommend if you need a story to cheer you up!!

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar Mon 13 Jan 2020, 9:03 am

Ohh the irony of Knives Out being nominated for the best screenplay.
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Mon 13 Jan 2020, 9:24 am

SkyStar wrote:Ohh the irony of Knives Out being nominated for the best screenplay.
@SkyStar

And the movie is really funny!
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Mon 13 Jan 2020, 9:43 am

SkyStar wrote:Ohh the irony of Knives Out being nominated for the best screenplay.

And Adam nominated for best actor.

I bet they'll both be having a quiet chuckle in their homes tonight!
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Mon 13 Jan 2020, 11:49 am

@SkyStar The irony of saying "His writing was a gift" and then when asked why it was trashed, responding that he "wrote us into a corner" and meanwhile another script by the same writing is behind a wildly successful/praised movie that just got a nomination.

That's what boggles me, how they had two front runners for this award cycle on their roster, for writing and acting, and absolutely squandered the opportunity. They even wasted DR saddling her with two bad plotlines of Zombie Leia Jedi Master and the BFG go on an adventure when the best parts of the ST have been Rey and Ben being horny nerds vibing off of each other.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BB-Rey Tue 14 Jan 2020, 3:24 pm

I've been really struggling a lot more with TROS than I wanted to admit but last night it got so bad that I admittedly texted a helpline. Thankfully I was connected with a gal who was very supportive and understanding as she herself admitted to me that she's a Trekkie and was sad when x died. I never knew they died in any of the series but it really resonated with me. She also pointed out that maybe there's a lesson the movie was teaching me. I think that really helped the most as I've always seen Star Wars as a movie series with each entry giving some sort of wisdom. I never had that thought when I came out of this one. In retrospect now though I think it's helped me learn what not to do when writing my own stories and equally connecting the heroine with the toxic male is never healthy. I mean I knew that but having that reassurance was very helpful!

As well as I'm thinking about distancing myself for awhile from all things Disney and leaning on finishing Lord of the Rings, watching my Andrei Tarkovsky movies that I haven't yet, watching War and Peace and Seven Samuari, and reading my books like The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants and Talking as Fast as I Can: From Gilmore Girls to Gilmore Girls (Lauren Graham's memoir). I think that will really help me let it all go and hopefully in time be able to go back to Star Wars and what I love about it with clear thoughts and enjoyment.

It's a process and it's reassuring knowing we are all in the same boat! Smile

Last edited by BB-Rey on Tue 14 Jan 2020, 6:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
BB-Rey
BB-Rey
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Tue 14 Jan 2020, 3:53 pm

I'm autistic, which means a lot of things I take a bit too much to heart. I lost two beloved franchises over the years, but I never, ever thought I'd lose Star Wars......I always thought it was safe.

People simply don't realise how much these things can resonate on a personal level.
They've helped me through some very bad times.
One valuable lesson I've learned is that I doubt I'll ever love another franchise, because it simply isn't worth it.
My therapy for sad endings is to write my own version - with a happy ending!

Try it - it helps, believe me!
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BenSoloLives Thu 16 Jan 2020, 9:08 am

motherofpearl1 wrote: I never, ever thought I'd lose Star Wars......I always thought it was safe.

This is me.

Episode IX has destroyed the thing I loved.

I know people say it doesn't take away what you loved before, but I can't look at Luke or Leia the same way ever again after what they did to their son. I can't look at Rey without thinking what an empty vessel she turned out to be, just a peg to hang mindless tropes and nostalgia on. I can't look at Finn without thinking what a horrible person JB turned out to be.

I can try to separate TFA and TLJ out from that, pretend they never finished the ST perhaps, but that's a lot of energy I'm just not sure I want to bother spending at this point.   tongue
BenSoloLives
BenSoloLives
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Thu 16 Jan 2020, 10:29 am

An empty vessel is a good description. Rey had so much promise, but it was wasted on trying to make her too much of an ideal.
The best thing about her was her interaction with Kylo. Unfortunately despite critics repeatedly saying this, Lucasmouse ignored them and pushed the most forgettable bunch of 'heroes'I've seen in a long time.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Tue 21 Jan 2020, 5:49 pm

The Kickstarter for the Reylo Anthology is fully funded, and there will be another printing!!!! I love you bounce cheers

The book is a wonderful form of Post TROS therapy (plus, if you already have the book, or if you want additional merchandise, they have other goodies)

The book (and items) are estimated to ship in June

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/reyloanthology/resurrection-a-reylo-anthology
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BenSoloLives Wed 22 Jan 2020, 12:43 pm

The Reylo Anthology needs more stickers.

I just want to paste happy pictures of Ben and Rey everywhere. tongue
BenSoloLives
BenSoloLives
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Wed 22 Jan 2020, 1:01 pm

Canon Reylo could never be as good as Reylo from fan art because they never wanted to make them the focus. Instead, they added too many unnecessary characters that ended up without arcs so why were they in the movies to begin with?

That said, Reylo Anthology is a proof of apssion for Reylo. It'll continue regardless of where EU/new movies/new shows take ST characters.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Sun 26 Jan 2020, 5:54 am

vaderito wrote:Canon Reylo could never be as good as Reylo from fan art because they never wanted to make them the focus. Instead, they added too many unnecessary characters that ended up without arcs so why were they in the movies to begin with?

That said, Reylo Anthology is a proof of apssion for Reylo. It'll continue regardless of where EU/new movies/new shows take ST characters.

Jannah replaced Rose - and also made Finn's character surplus to requirements. REG was another version of Hux. Zorri was good but too brief. Dominic was wasted.

Rian left behind so many good things that were never explored.
What I wanted to see but didn't

Finn recruiting more stormtroopers
Finn/Rose
General Poe - from the start
FG Luke appearing to Kylo
Rey learning in detail what a sith life Ben had
Kylo flying the Falcon
Kylo and Chewie
Shades of grey Resistance
Hux becoming the real villain
Phasma returning
Happy ending

Never mind.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Sun 26 Jan 2020, 11:50 am

Watch Saturday Night Live with Adam hosting, all of the skits (it's healing)- which seem to be inspired by Reylo AU, yet of course - especially Undercover Boss 2 with Randy the Intern. Very Happy Smile

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLS_gQd8UB-hKkIK4rqxdrXfwDRDcL5Jgc

SNL | Season 45 Episode 11 | Adam Driver
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Fri 31 Jan 2020, 1:31 pm

reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Fri 31 Jan 2020, 10:20 pm

The extraordinary artist Miss Bliss has created a Reylo art book: Lovers of All Kinds (print or digital editions)

Seems it is available now, and will be shipped soon! I ordered mine moments ago! Very Happy Smile

https://missbliss12-art.square.site/s/shop

Her twitter is https://twitter.com/MissBliss1294

She recently posted:

"Lovers of All Kinds.
To love the cosmos, to love a story, to love nature, to love your family. A celebration of reylo love.
Also the cover to my art book, including all post-TRoS comics! "

"Print shipping is to US territories. If you want a print book and you're an international fan, please email me at miss.blissy12@gmail.com"

"Includes never-before-seen planning sketches, illustrations, and comics! Also, I have a foreword with my thoughts on storytelling. It's a gentle book with my love and hope."

SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Sat 01 Feb 2020, 9:12 am

reylo1992 wrote:A Reylo love theme by Samuel Kim:

https://twitter.com/samuelkimmusic/status/1222921013920317440
@reylo1992

I can't really get into samuel kim's music as much as I want to lol, idk something about the instrumentation he uses. But he *totally nailed* the reylo theme. That sweet version of kylos theme after hers is so perfect. Ugh such a tragedy we were denied this beauty.

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next