Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exploring TROS & The Future of Star Wars...

+26
Geralt_Riv
motherofpearl1
Kyla Ren
karamelreylo
OrionStars
SW_Heroine_Journey
unicorn
Saracene
snufkin
Acritiqua
special_cases
Piper Maru
MaddieDove
Moonlight13
reylo1992
californiagirl
SoloSideCousin
Angharad
AhsokaTano
vaderito
Teo oswald
Lily Snape
fuhry
guardienne
cherrylipstick
DeeBee
30 posters

Page 14 of 23 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18 ... 23  Next

Go down

Exploring TROS & The Future of Star Wars... - Page 14 Empty Re: Exploring TROS & The Future of Star Wars...

Post by AhsokaTano Thu 09 Jun 2022, 6:13 am

So I posted about this in our Takodana woods novels , comics etc thread .Not sure if anyone has seen it so posting it here too as it might effect Star Wars going forward ? Someone has got hold of Shadow of the Sith Novel early ( it’s not due out till June 28th ) as some stores seem to already have it on their shelves . He’s been posting spoilers about it and thought you would all be interested as Ben solo features quite a lot in it .
Here is the link :
https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/v5mo7n/hope_this_counts_as_a_leak_shadow_of_the_sith_is/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Exploring TROS & The Future of Star Wars... - Page 14 Empty Re: Exploring TROS & The Future of Star Wars...

Post by motherofpearl1 Thu 09 Jun 2022, 6:32 am

Sounds like a fairly entertaining read...but I'm not interested in 'prequel Ben', all it does is rub salt in the wound TROS left me with.

Noticed that one or two people on the site are excited about the thought of 'future Rey and Finn' material. They exist! Very Happy

I know this is crazy, but TROS had so much of a negative reception I actually had dreams of DLF retconning it....but the new novels which go in depth on Rey's parents proves that they have no intention of doing this. And that is why I no longer have any love left for SW.

There is always a possibility that Ben might return, albeit a slim one, but the fact is - TROS has completely destroyed Rey. I do not know this cold, indifferent and frankly arrogant young woman. Her smirking face in the film's final scene has left a nasty taste in my mouth, as does her utter lack of affection for Ben in the novel.
Watching a few clips on youtube from Obi Wan has also hammered home just how much damage Palpatine did to the Skywalkers. And he won. I don't care about those who drone on about Rey, a Palpatine, taking the Skywalker name is a 'victory'....Palpatine won. He wanted the Skywalkers dead, and he achieved it....ironically, through the granddaughter we are ordered to embrace as the 'perfect Jedi'.

I wonder what it will take for DLF to realise how completely unlikeable Rey is? I loved her character so much in TFA, I just can't believe she has turned into this...'creepy Stepford smiler.' If they do bring Ben back, I hope it won't be for her. He deserves better. Crying or Very sad
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Sun 12 Jun 2022, 12:28 pm

So watched episode 4 of Obi Wan Kenobi and loved how they directed the “connection /bond “ between obi wan and Anakin in the bacta tanks . Obi wan always in the water ( Remember that being discussed extensively on the forum).
Every time I hear his name “ Ben” especially  Tala ( who was originally written as a love interest for Obi wan) when she whispers to him ( he’s in a semi conscious state)  “ Ben we’re going to help you . You’ll be ok “ it just made me think of Ben Solo  Sad . I can’t stop thinking about Ben Solo as I watch this series .
Also the scene where Tala is over Ben’s unconscious body in episode 3 at the end really resembles Rey over Ben Solo’s on Exegol. Am sure the directing is intentional .
The obi wan series is making me want Ben solo back more than ever. Am not the only one feeling this . I’ve been seeing comments online with similar words ie thought they were over Ben Solo but realise they aren’t and Obi wan Kenobi show brings it all back and makes you realise how much you want him back .
Sad

I really understand now why Leia named her son Ben as he’s done so much for her .
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Sun 12 Jun 2022, 12:40 pm

AhsokaTano wrote:So watched episode 4 of Obi Wan Kenobi and loved how they directed the “connection /bond “ between obi wan and Anakin in the bacta tanks . Obi wan always in the water ( Remember that being discussed extensively on the forum).
Every time I hear his name “ Ben” especially  Tala ( who was originally written as a love interest for Obi wan) when she whispers to him ( he’s in a semi conscious state)  “ Ben we’re going to help you . You’ll be ok “ it just made me think of Ben Solo  Sad . I can’t stop thinking about Ben Solo as I watch this series .
Also the scene where Tala is over Ben’s unconscious body in episode 3 at the end really resembles Rey over Ben Solo’s on Exegol. Am sure the directing is intentional .
The obi wan series is making me want Ben solo back more than ever. Am not the only one feeling this . I’ve been seeing comments online with similar words ie thought they were over Ben Solo but realise they aren’t and Obi wan Kenobi show brings it all back and makes you realise how much you want him back .
Sad

I really understand now why Leia named her son Ben as he’s done so much for her .
@AhsokaTano

One of the reasons I can't watch this show is because it hammers home how much the heroes...lost. All the suffering of Obi Wan and Anakin, their lost children, was because of Sheev Palpatine, AKA Darth Sidious, AKA The Emperor....and instead of finding comfort knowing that in the end, they won, now thanks to TROS...they didn't. All the Skywalkers were wiped out, and Palpatine's grandchild stole their name. Anakin's sacrifice was for nothing, Han's death was for nothing, Leia and Luke morphed into weird beings who happily traded Palpatine's flesh and blood for their own, Rey Palpwalker sucking the life force from the last Skywalker and not bothering to mourn him, the Skywalker saga ending with Palpatine's descendant standing smirking in the ruins of the farm on Tattooine.....dear God, Jerrio turned SW into a horror story.

They very obviously intend to keep TROS as canon, giving plenty of story to Rey's parents in supplementary material, and flatly refuse to accept what a monstrosity that horrible film was. I'm sorry, but I can't go near anything SW again.

Let the past die...
https://uk.news.yahoo.com/taika-waititi-expand-star-wars-170018131.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAACm5ihbxPnUKVhNXU8Eyuwof5HAka6rgWH6ot1Hzer29ZQVcV5nW6jIdAOwb9ufFXG9sfYHy3Ntc8awWzZ9q0Zi7-5M55WAkYIKIw3KJ_9F0H8tlFgGUK9B1HhJo_clEXu94Th7K7_pdXg5zNxlN1eLnCfZK8CLmhm9tYwgfW-2h
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Thu 04 Aug 2022, 5:15 am

Hello everyone Smile so Ben solo is coming to Galaxy of Heroes and it’s very interesting what it says about him and possible pointers to future direction ( the games often indicate where Star Wars is headed ). The important bits are this - Ben is summonable , Rey can revive Ben and he cannot be defeated if Rey is alive - the force dyad connection :

Exploring TROS & The Future of Star Wars... - Page 14 50317810
Exploring TROS & The Future of Star Wars... - Page 14 7bfb3a10
Exploring TROS & The Future of Star Wars... - Page 14 362b8410
Exploring TROS & The Future of Star Wars... - Page 14 B4005610
Exploring TROS & The Future of Star Wars... - Page 14 A69df410

Just want to add to this remember too how the films going forward will be sequel trilogy onwards whilst the tv series will focus on the past eras? Kathleen Kennedy said this recently in an interview for vanity fair - well these two films took my attention because the Dillard movie seems to be focussed on the first order ( he talked about it involving Exegol in an interview) and Rian Johnson’s seems to be about the dyad . Just look at the logos - the symbols use say it all( the art doesn’t lie- you just have to decipher it ) :

Exploring TROS & The Future of Star Wars... - Page 14 Aee19e10
Exploring TROS & The Future of Star Wars... - Page 14 1d124710

The logo for Rian Johnson’s movie/movies is a kylo and Rey’s lightsaber combined .
Dillard’s movie logo is in red and has the first order logo .

AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Thu 04 Aug 2022, 10:34 am

Now that is curious, regarding the lightsabre....and Rian I think, would not have killed Ben/Kylo off.

I'm on the fence, at the mo....I would love to see Ben return, but I don't trust DLF - certainly not enough to get my hopes up about him coming back.
I don't know if reylo will ever happen either, judging by Rey's dismissive attitude to Ben in TROS, and there is of course, the 'Rey doesn't need a boyfriend' comment by Daisy Ridley.

I guess we shall see...

Okay, this was on the FICM, so might be rubbish but apparently the Lego Summer Vacation features a Ben Solo Force ghost...so does that mean he's really dead? Sad
This has spoilers for the Summer Vacation Lego special so if you're planning to watch it, avoid....raises some possibilities for Trio fans, I guess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9ilFJXwirk&t=1s
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Wed 24 Aug 2022, 2:45 am

Wonder if he actually means it, or will change his mind in the near future?
https://variety.com/2022/film/news/john-boyega-leaving-star-wars-franchise-1235348176/
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Snape Wed 24 Aug 2022, 6:03 pm

@AhsokaTano

Oh I hope so! TROS was just a bad movie in so many ways, but killing off the last Skywalker was the biggest. Fingers crossed.
Lily Snape
Lily Snape
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Thu 25 Aug 2022, 8:59 am

You know...I find it so very ironic that John Boyega says he's done with SW, and Daisy Ridley says she's done with SW....yet Adam Driver would quite happily play Kylo Ren again....and DLF killed his character off!

Can I just say this...do any of you on this forum still want reylo, if Ben returns?
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Tue 30 Aug 2022, 6:00 pm

I wouldn’t heed too much to John’s words .Harrison Ford said he wouldn’t come back and he came back twice . With the right conditions and time anything is possible .
I’m still open to reylo but I also believe Ben Solo is coming back too.
Moreover Rian Johnson has been talking about his Star Wars trilogy (which from the logo seems to be about the dyad as I’ve talked about before);
https://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/rian-johnson-still-wants-to-make-star-wars-trilogy-exclusive/

Exploring TROS & The Future of Star Wars... - Page 14 696e8c10
Exploring TROS & The Future of Star Wars... - Page 14 6dddd510
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Tue 30 Aug 2022, 6:03 pm

I love Johnson, loved his film. I will defend it until they prise my blu ray TLJ out of my cold dead hands....
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Wed 31 Aug 2022, 5:54 am

AhsokaTano wrote:I wouldn’t heed too much to John’s words .Harrison Ford said he wouldn’t come back and he came back twice . With the right conditions and time anything is possible .
I’m still open to reylo but I also believe Ben Solo is coming back too.
Moreover Rian Johnson has been talking about his Star Wars trilogy (which from the logo seems to be about the dyad as I’ve talked about before);
https://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/rian-johnson-still-wants-to-make-star-wars-trilogy-exclusive/

Exploring TROS & The Future of Star Wars... - Page 14 696e8c10
Exploring TROS & The Future of Star Wars... - Page 14 6dddd510
@AhsokaTano

Rian back directing, creating and writing Star Wars content?
Ok. That could tempt me to consume Star Wars content again.

Exploring TROS & The Future of Star Wars... - Page 14 03b8b710

It is sounding like it will be a long wait if it’s going to happen… Confus
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Wed 31 Aug 2022, 6:00 am

motherofpearl1 wrote:You know...I find it so very ironic that John Boyega says he's done with SW, and Daisy Ridley says she's done with SW....yet Adam Driver would quite happily play Kylo Ren again....and DLF killed his character off!

Can I just say this...do any of you on this forum still want reylo, if Ben returns?
@motherofpearl1

Reylo if Ben returns is a yes from me.
I think the chances of that happening are a million to one though. I won’t hope for it or believe it probably till it’s already happened. TROS was such a breach of trust. Nope
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Wed 31 Aug 2022, 10:38 am

Even worse...they appear to be enshrining it in supplementary material, and as I've said before, why stand by such a rubbish film rather than one that was universally critically acclaimed and had stunning performances?

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/snv7vd/joanna_robinson_frm_vanity_fair_now_the_ringer/

Please forgive me if I seem such a gloomy so and so...but I really don't care about a 'future Jedi academy run by Rey and Finn.

Finn and Poe are also popping up in a comic book soon...
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Snape Tue 11 Oct 2022, 12:20 am

motherofpearl1 wrote:You know...I find it so very ironic that John Boyega says he's done with SW, and Daisy Ridley says she's done with SW....yet Adam Driver would quite happily play Kylo Ren again....and DLF killed his character off!

@motherofpearl1

Yes. If Ben returns, I definitely want Reylo. No question. I guess I should qualify that by saying, as long as they stay true to the characters— which to me is them both in The Last Jedi, or Ben at the end of TROS.
Lily Snape
Lily Snape
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

DeeBee likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Wed 12 Oct 2022, 4:28 am

Lily Snape wrote:

@motherofpearl1

Yes. If Ben returns, I definitely want Reylo. No question. I guess I should qualify that by saying, as long as they stay true to the characters— which to me is them both in The Last Jedi, or Ben at the end of TROS.
@Lily Snape

I...don't know. I desperately want Ben back, but TROS, for me at least, completely rewrote Rey as a character. It was as if TLJ Rey didn't exist.

I have this secret hope in my heart that the poor reception, critically, financially and for the most part, viewer wise, might force them to consider 'retconning' TROS but if supplementary material is to be taken into account they are sticking with 'pure, goddess - like Holy Rey'. This is terribly disappointing.
It's as if 'our Rey' was replaced by one of those copies we saw in the Mirror cave on Acht To!
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Sat 15 Oct 2022, 1:58 am

Is anyone here following Rings of power ? Big reylo vibes and interesting ideas about the shadow, the eye and why trios work for balance ( my fav show in a long time ). Lord of the rings as we know influenced Star Wars and all fantasy media and some of its ideas and themes tie directly into Star Wars ( Dave Filoni as you know is a massive Tolkien fan ) . I won’t give any thing away but watch it and you’ll see . Smile
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Lily Snape likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Snape Sun 16 Oct 2022, 9:07 pm

AhsokaTano wrote:Is anyone here following Rings of power ? Big reylo vibes and interesting ideas about the shadow, the eye and why trios work for balance ( my fav show in a long time ). Lord of the rings as we know influenced Star Wars and all fantasy media and some of its ideas and themes tie directly into Star Wars ( Dave Filoni as you know is a massive Tolkien fan ) . I won’t give any thing away but watch it and you’ll see . Smile
@AhsokaTano

Yes! I just saw the finale and stopped in on this forum because WOW, between the sexual tension and the offer, it was so Reylo. And I didn’t trust that character, but that didn’t stop me from shipping it. Apparently I have a pattern. Smile
Lily Snape
Lily Snape
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Mon 17 Oct 2022, 2:13 am

Haven't seen ROP...but this is interesting
https://www.cinemablend.com/star-wars/bestselling-romance-novel-inspired-by-fanfiction-about-star-wars-rey-and-kylo-ren-is-becoming-a-movie

Found on the FICM; I have to say I've had a good chuckle at the furore it's caused among the reylo haters - suck it up! Twisted Evil
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Sun 23 Oct 2022, 9:54 am

I haven't watched Rings of Power yet but the Reylos all seemed happy and the anti crowd, which somehow still exists, were big mad, so that's usually a good sign.

Rian has a whole TV show to direct for Peacock before he could do anything SW-related. I've long had a theory that his trilogy will turn into a one or two season Disney+ show, given that SW is really having trouble getting out even one film, and LF openly said 2 or 3 years ago they've moved away from trilogies for the time being, while their TV shows continue to both do better and be received better over these past 6 months or so. Streaming services are content vacuums and need constant fuel, as it were. It would give him potentially more run time than a few movies would, and I think he might like using the Volume, unless he wanted to go the built set route of Andor.

Also someone noticed new Reylo necklaces. It's always the third party merchandisers  who are the most on top of it.

Exploring TROS & The Future of Star Wars... - Page 14 Scree839
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Sun 23 Oct 2022, 9:57 am

You know...despite the crushing disappointment that was TROS, it's nice to see the fandom is still popular...and the success of the reylo inspired novel says it all doesn't it?

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/star-wars-inside-damon-lindelofs-movie-1235247453/

Thoughts anyone?

You know....anyone else as completely uninterested in this as I am?
https://screenrant.com/star-wars-episode-10-lucasfilm-movie-plans-future-good/

Lord....sorry to be so petty but I hate this.
https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Rey_Skywalker
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Thu 16 Feb 2023, 4:39 pm

motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Fri 17 Feb 2023, 6:17 am

Hiya this has been doing the rounds on Twitter, otherwise I would have no idea, new recent news dated 16 February 2023…
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/marvel-star-wars-tv-shows-movies-slowdown-1235326681/

Exploring TROS & The Future of Star Wars... - Page 14 04ff5110
Lots here…but this caught my eye:
Disney expected to unveil film plans….
Anyone want to guess what will be announced?
Confus
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Fri 17 Feb 2023, 6:42 am

I reckon lots will be announced at Star Wars celebration this year in April . We know the film franchise side of Star Wars is sequel trilogy era and beyond and from other rumours and leaks it sounds like Lindelof’s movie is gonna be first ( so I wonder if that’s going to be the exegol one ? ) Also rumours and leaks regarding Ahsoka series and skeleton crew( Jude law is in this ) sound really interesting- lots of possibilities.
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Fri 17 Feb 2023, 5:16 pm

AhsokaTano wrote:I reckon lots will be announced at Star Wars celebration this year in April . We know the film franchise side of Star Wars is sequel trilogy era and beyond and from other rumours and leaks it sounds like Lindelof’s movie is gonna be first ( so I wonder if that’s going to be the exegol one ? ) Also rumours and leaks regarding Ahsoka series and skeleton crew( Jude law is in this ) sound really interesting- lots of possibilities.
@AhsokaTano

Hiya! We know film franchise side of SW is sequel trilogy era and beyond? I know nothing to be honest.
Any Reylo hea?! Lol

DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 23 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18 ... 23  Next