Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Year On - What's it like for you?

+20
Birdwoman
Kylo Ren's 8-Pack
Geralt_Riv
Angharad
Kylo Rey
Moonjump05
vaderito
Kyla Ren
Atenais
motherofpearl1
snufkin
MaddieDove
spacebaby45678
californiagirl
Saracene
Starliteprism
cherrylipstick
karamelreylo
unicorn
DeeBee
24 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

One Year On - What's it like for you?  - Page 5 Empty Re: One Year On - What's it like for you?

Post by motherofpearl1 Mon 02 Jan 2023, 2:56 am

I wonder, when you compare the two, if the 'general' SW fans outnumber the Skywalker/Solo fans or vice versa?

Because even if they do, at the end of the day the general audience, that far outnumbers the geeks (like myself Very Happy ), voted Kylo as the character they wanted to see the most in TROS. And Rey, who came second, got just 5%. That speaks volumes.

motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

One Year On - What's it like for you?  - Page 5 Empty Re: One Year On - What's it like for you?

Post by motherofpearl1 Mon 02 Jan 2023, 3:17 pm

Okay, this is old news but...still gets me every time.
https://www.cbr.com/star-wars-rise-of-skywalker-reylo-outrage/
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyla Ren Wed 04 Jan 2023, 7:13 am

Happy New Year, everyone.  I’m late to the party as usual, but I just wanted to respond to the last few posts.

@KiraRen2015
I can’t say I feel nothing towards Star Wars and Reylo as I’m still bitter, angry, and sad about the way TROS turned out, but at the same time there’s a part of me that doesn’t care about what they do with Star Wars in the future.  Unless, of course, they do something to fix that horrible ending, which seems unlikely.  And if they don’t fix it, then I really don’t have much interest in any future Star Wars projects.  Actually, part of me is afraid that if they do decide to do something else with the ST characters, they might make things even worse.  I mean, who knows?  They might give us a Disney+ series about DameRey and the Faux Trio.  With some kind of flashback making Kylo/Ben even more of a villain.  At this point, nothing they might do would surprise me.

@karamelreylo
I haven’t been able to rewatch TROS either and I have no desire to.  It was a truly awful movie with an absolutely horrible ending.  I've watched some of the Star Wars series on Disney+ and they were okay, but I'm just not very enthusiastic about them for the most part.

motherofpearl1 wrote:
I still find it hard to believe DLF treated George's legacy family like that. No matter how you look at it, they erased his creations, made their sole descendant the 'bad guy', then killed him off saving ...a Palpatine. who never even mourned him, supplementary material is very keen on making that plain. If they wanted Rey to be the main protagonist why not make her a Skywalker by blood? If they wanted to make a film about the adventures of a runaway stormtrooper and a scavenger girl, why not give them their own story and have Ben Solo the focus of the Skywalker saga?

It has been three years since TROS was released...and I still can't believe that DLF made an entire trilogy of films just to get rid of the Skywalker/Solos. If they didn't want to continue their story, they could have set the ST hundreds or even thousands, of years into the future.

@motherofpearl1
You summed everything up perfectly.  I couldn’t agree more.  I find myself thinking about they way DLF treated the characters and the saga that so many people grew up with and loved and it's still hard to believe what they did to it.  As much as I loved Kylo’s character and the whole Reylo romance and the ST in general up until they totally botched it, I sometimes think it might have been better if George Lucas had never sold Star Wars to Disney.  I feel kind of sad saying that because the ST started out with so much promise.  Kylo was such a great character and Reylo could have been such an epic romance.  But the end result was just garbage.  Pure garbage.  How could they do that?  I just don’t understand it.  I don’t know what they were thinking.  Why did they want to finish off the Skywalkers?  Because like you said, if they wanted to make a story that didn't involve the Skywalkers, they could have done so without killing them all off.  As you said, they could have set the story in the future.  Or they could have set it in the past.  Or on a planet far from where any of the events of the OT and PT took place.  The possibilities are endless.  But instead we got TROS with all the Skywalkers dead and a Faux Skywalker taking their place.  What were they thinking?  I would really like to know.

And thank you for posting the link to that article.  The author makes some very good points and she really seems to understand why Reylos were so upset with the ending of TROS.
Kyla Ren
Kyla Ren
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

DeeBee likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Fri 06 Jan 2023, 7:00 pm

motherofpearl1 wrote:Okay, this is old news but...still gets me every time.
@motherofpearl1

I hadn’t read this old article so I’m glad you shared it.

“ And while we are talking about ancillary material, The Rise of Skywalker contradicts almost every single narrative thread about Kylo published to date, which were hinting at redemption as far back as 2017. Most Reylos engaged with that material wholeheartedly. Despite the amazing talent involved in its creation, those fans view the ending of Episode IX as a slap in the face, and many women feel like they have wasted their time buying into a franchise that ultimately never cared about fulfilling its own promises about happy endings, telling a complete story, or even offering hope and compassion to the characters that needed it the most.”

This quote from the article sums it up perfectly. Reading this article brought it all back to me!!
While the article focuses on reylos and primarily Kylo/Ben, and I agree with all the points made, I believe it doesnt fully capture the disservice TROS was to Rey as a character, TROS destroyed that character and everything I liked about her.

I’ve not returned to any Star Wars content since TROS.

Someone let me know please if they decide to bring back Ben and give us Reylo HEA or I have zero interest in putting anymore time or faith in creators who signed off on TROS, couldn’t fulfil promises made, couldn’t deliver hope and compassion nor tell a complete story.

@Kyla Ren @unicorn @KiraRen2015 @karamelreylo
I agree! Great to hear your thoughts!

Three years on, I’ve seen zero recognition of how they screwed up the skywalker saga, I see lots of efforts to refocus on other Star Wars content and distract from the elephant in the room: the skywalker saga is the heart and soul of Star Wars - you killed it DLF. Bring it back to life, or it’s dead to me. I can’t make it any clearer DLF!
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Fri 06 Jan 2023, 10:44 pm

I have just decided to bow out from yet another SW forum, because one of the mods told me I was 'depressing everyone' with my comments about TROS, Kylo and how Rey was depicted; apparently they think I'm also 'driving younger fans away' with my pessimistic point of view. This is the third forum I've quit; banned from the first (for twice mentioning Ben in a Finn thread), and I left the second after being 'warned' for telling a Finn fanatic to 'put a sock in it' over his constant moaning that his fave was 'hard done by' in the ST. Mods don't like me!

My conclusion is that many SWU fans are happy to move on, and looking forward to new material. They aren't concerned about the end of the Skywalker saga as they love the franchise for all the spin offs as well - and in many cases, instead of - the Skywalker saga. One actually told me that I 'didn't love the franchise', just the Skywalkers, and therefore do not have the right to call myself a SW fan - nothing new, I was once accused of having 'no right to call myself a Han Solo fan'...because I liked his 'killer son.'

TBH I couldn't give a toss what they think, but it's sad as these days there aren't many places I can go to discuss SW. The SWU has grown beyond the Skywalkers, and this is a bittersweet revelation for me. The fact is, I could easily let go of SW now, as unfortunately TROS has made me loathe and detest Drug Smuggler Poe, FS Finn, and Rey Palpwalker.
But...I can't let go of Ben/Kylo. I will always love his character. And there's the rub. Sad

Off topic...https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2023/01/rumor-the-next-star-wars-movie-will-star-a-woman-of-color-lucasfilm-expected-to-reveal-movie-slate-at-this-years-celebration.html
Thoughts?
Another interesting article:
https://www.vox.com/culture/2019/12/27/21034725/star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-last-jedi-j-j-abrams-rian-johnson
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyla Ren Sat 07 Jan 2023, 8:05 am

DeeBee wrote:I’ve not returned to any Star Wars content since TROS.

Someone let me know please if they decide to bring back Ben and give us Reylo HEA or I have zero interest in putting anymore time or faith in creators who signed off on TROS, couldn’t fulfil promises made, couldn’t deliver hope and compassion nor tell a complete story.

Three years on, I’ve seen zero recognition of how they screwed up the skywalker saga, I see lots of efforts to refocus on other Star Wars content and distract from the elephant in the room: the skywalker saga is the heart and soul of Star Wars - you killed it DLF. Bring it back to life, or it’s dead to me. I can’t make it any clearer DLF!
@DeeBee
I agree.  Although I have watched some of the shows on Disney+, I’m just not invested in them like I was in the ST.  Some of the episodes are okay, but I just don’t really care what happens to any of the characters.  If they canceled all the Disney+ shows tomorrow, I wouldn’t care.  And unless they fix what they so horribly messed up in TROS, meaning unless they bring Ben back to Rey, I have no real interest in anything Star Wars related.  And it seems highly unlikely that they ever will fix things because you’re right: they don’t seem to recognize the horrible mistake they made.  I mean, I guess they do in the sense that they know how much everyone, not just Reylos, hated TROS.  But they’ve never really addressed it, and now they seemed focused on all of their other projects.  It is, as you said, the elephant in the room.

motherofpearl1 wrote:I have just decided to bow out from yet another SW forum, because one of the mods told me I was 'depressing everyone' with my comments about TROS, Kylo and how Rey was depicted; apparently they think I'm also 'driving younger fans away' with my pessimistic point of view. This is the third forum I've quit; banned from the first (for twice mentioning Ben in a Finn thread), and I left the second after being 'warned' for telling a Finn fanatic to 'put a sock in it' over his constant moaning that his fave was 'hard done by' in the ST. Mods don't like me!

My conclusion is that many SWU fans are happy to move on, and looking forward to new material. They aren't concerned about the end of the Skywalker saga as they love the franchise for all the spin offs as well - and in many cases, instead of - the Skywalker saga. One actually told me that I 'didn't love the franchise', just the Skywalkers, and therefore do not have the right to call myself a SW fan - nothing new, I was once accused of having 'no right to call myself a Han Solo fan'...because I liked his 'killer son.'

TBH I couldn't give a toss what they think, but it's sad as these days there aren't many places I can go to discuss SW. The SWU has grown beyond the Skywalkers, and this is a bittersweet revelation for me. The fact is, I could easily let go of SW now, as unfortunately TROS has made me loathe and detest Drug Smuggler Poe, FS Finn, and Rey Palpwalker.
But...I can't let go of Ben/Kylo. I will always love his character. And there's the rub. Sad
@motherofpearl1
I haven’t been on any other Star Wars forums for quite a while now, so I don’t really know what a lot of fans think at the moment.  I do sometimes watch Star Wars related videos on YouTube, though, and a lot of people still hate TROS.  It’s really weird that someone told you that you just love the Skywalkers and so don’t have the right to call yourself a Star Wars fan.  Many people love the Skywalkers.  And actually, from what I’ve seen online, one of the most popular Mandalorian episodes was when Luke showed up and took Baby Yoda with him.  There were so many people who loved that episode.  They were absolutely thrilled when Luke showed up.  I think for a lot of people Star Wars is still mainly the Skywalker saga, and they were not happy with what DLF did to it.

And I don’t understand how anyone can say you’re depressing people with your comments about TROS.  For one thing, a lot of people from all corners of the fandom, not just Reylos, hated TROS.  And besides that, you should be able to state your opinion about a Star Wars movie on a Star Wars forum.  If you don’t like a particular movie you should be able to say so and discuss why.  If everyone had the same opinion it would just be an echo chamber.  And maybe that's what some people want.  But I think it’s good to hear different opinions.  As long as everyone is polite and respectful, they should be able to discuss their views.
Kyla Ren
Kyla Ren
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

motherofpearl1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by karamelreylo Sat 07 Jan 2023, 8:07 am

motherofpearl1 wrote:I have just decided to bow out from yet another SW forum, because one of the mods told me I was 'depressing everyone' with my comments about TROS, Kylo and how Rey was depicted; apparently they think I'm also 'driving younger fans away' with my pessimistic point of view. This is the third forum I've quit; banned from the first (for twice mentioning Ben in a Finn thread), and I left the second after being 'warned' for telling a Finn fanatic to 'put a sock in it' over his constant moaning that his fave was 'hard done by' in the ST. Mods don't like me!

Off topic...https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2023/01/rumor-the-next-star-wars-movie-will-star-a-woman-of-color-lucasfilm-expected-to-reveal-movie-slate-at-this-years-celebration.html
Thoughts?
Another interesting article:
https://www.vox.com/culture/2019/12/27/21034725/star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-last-jedi-j-j-abrams-rian-johnson
@motherofpearl1

It sucks that other Star Wars message boards are so unwelcoming to those fans, like you, who have different views.

I care more about whether the next Star Wars movie has a good story, tbh, which I'm not sure it will.

JJ Abrams's opinions make me so mad. He sounds like he's just a typical dudebro. There's a lot of them in Hollywood.

karamelreylo
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Sat 07 Jan 2023, 12:19 pm

I've actually just received a lovely email from one of the posters on the forum I left, asking me to stay which is really nice; I'm a clinical depressant though and I really don't want to upset people, especially young 'uns, who like what DLF are doing.

Regarding Abrams I am absolutely convinced he was grooming Rey as Ben's replacement. TROS practically pushes her as such, but the signs are there in TFA. Her bond with Han, and her grief at his death. Her instant affection for Chewie and vice versa...plus her ability to understand his language. Most of all, the way Leia singled her out for a hug after Han died - remember the controversy at her choosing to hug Rey instead of Chewie?

Abrams in an interview stated that Kylo was 'torn' when he confronted his father but ' realised he had gone too far to turn back.' He was also rumoured to be unhappy at the scene where Han strokes his son's face. I'm pretty sure he was setting Ben/Kylo up to be hated, and wanted the GA to embrace Rey....it was Rian who wanted Sympathetic Kylo, Rian who removed the helmet and gave him a tragic back story. I'm sure if Rian had been in charge of TROS the outcome would have been very different.

But, as I have said umpteen times before...I really can't understand why he chose this direction. Why he wanted to make the last Skywalker a 'baddie' and give the OT heroes another heir.
I don't think I ever will.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by karamelreylo Sat 07 Jan 2023, 2:06 pm

motherofpearl1 wrote:I've actually just received a lovely email from one of the posters on the forum I left, asking me to stay which is really nice; I'm a clinical depressant though and I really don't want to upset people, especially young 'uns, who like what DLF are doing.

Regarding Abrams I am absolutely convinced he was grooming Rey as Ben's replacement. TROS practically pushes her as such, but the signs are there in TFA. Her bond with Han, and her grief at his death. Her instant affection for Chewie and vice versa...plus her ability to understand his language. Most of all, the way Leia singled her out for a hug after Han died - remember the controversy at her choosing to hug Rey instead of Chewie?

Abrams in an interview stated that Kylo was 'torn' when he confronted his father but ' realised he had gone too far to turn back.' He was also rumoured to be unhappy at the scene where Han strokes his son's face. I'm pretty sure he was setting Ben/Kylo up to be hated, and wanted the GA to embrace Rey....it was Rian who wanted Sympathetic Kylo, Rian who removed the helmet and gave him a tragic back story. I'm sure if Rian had been in charge of TROS the outcome would have been very different.

But, as I have said umpteen times before...I really can't understand why he chose this direction. Why he wanted to make the last Skywalker a 'baddie' and give the OT heroes another heir.
I don't think I ever will.
@motherofpearl1

I mean, whatever JJ Abrams did almost worked with me. It did until I saw the trailer for TLJ, but I've had my Reylo goggles on since then and I was never able to watch TFA the same way I did the first few times.

karamelreylo
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Wed 11 Jan 2023, 5:41 pm

motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by karamelreylo Wed 11 Jan 2023, 8:04 pm

@motherofpearl1

I have absolutely no interest in Finn. There's nothing compelling about him to me.

karamelreylo
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Thu 12 Jan 2023, 2:46 am

Finn - or Sam, to give him his original name - was as we know originally conceived as a smuggler, flyboy type, and changed at the last minute; unfortunately although the idea of a defecting stormtrooper was good on paper, the writers failed to change his personality type from 'joker' to 'brainwashed child soldier'.
And I'm sorry to say, many of his fans have jumped on the 'racist' bandwagon, especially post JB's comments on twitter and the #blm protests, and singled Kylo Ren fans out for criticism, accusing us of 'putting Finn's role of black male lead' aside 'in order to promote Kylo'.

The fact is, Kylo aka Ben Solo, as the last of the heroes' bloodline, should have been the focus of the ST - not Rey, and certainly not secondary characters like Finn and Poe. It was the Skywalker saga, for crying out loud. I stand by that because of who he is, not the ethnicity of the actor playing him. I know plenty of POC who are huge Kylo fans, plenty of women, gay, straight fans....we love him because he's a great character not because he's a white, straight male.

I was banned from the FICM because I mentioned him in a thread dedicated to Finn. I have often glanced at these forums out of curiosity and it's even worse - a number of posters have quit or been banned because of the huge fan following Finn has there and the way they treat Kylo fans - and anyone who doesn't loathe the character, even those who are Rey, or Poe, fans. This is a bit delicate to write, but I suspect DLF are so eager to show how 'progressive' they are they are now creating characters based on a need to appease #blm and #metoo and the huge movement that has followed in their wake - hence this insistence on a female POC in their forthcoming SW film, rather than focusing on creating a good character, then interviewing a load of talented actors and choosing them based on their skill at bringing said character to life.

At the end of the day, Kylo Ren was the best thing about the ST. Yet the character was ultimately doomed because he was a white male. And that genuinely makes me sad.

Apparently Finn is going to feature on one of a special edition of comic covers to celebrate black history month, along with Lando and Jannah.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by unicorn Thu 12 Jan 2023, 12:09 pm

@motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1 wrote:Okay, this is old news but...still gets me every time.

Thank you for the link, I didn´t know this article.  It´s a very fitting description of the garbage called TROS.
unicorn
unicorn
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Thu 12 Jan 2023, 12:34 pm

You know...it still puzzles me that Kylo is described as an 'abusive' boyfriend, when despite the kiss...he never WAS Rey's boyfriend.

They began the ST as enemies, briefly became allies in TLJ, then were enemies again throughout TROS until the very end when they fought alongside each other. I think that is why the kiss was so 'jarring' even to us reylos; there was no build up to it, followed by Rey instantly forgetting him. When they first met in TFA she shot at him first. When they fought at the end, she left him bleeding and beaten. She twice attacked him when he was unarmed in TLJ, and again in TROS.
The huge 'abuse' business stems from him tossing her against a tree, but once again, they were on opposite sides of a war - and she was about to shoot him yet again. What was he supposed to do - stand there and let her?

What really angers me is that so many Kylo haters are also Anakin fans. One very nasty toxic on the FICM is a passionate Anakin fan, yet has spilled some truly poisonous bile on anyone with the slightest sympathetic view of Kylo. Yet Anakin tried to Force choke Padme because she was heartbroken at what he had become. I liked Ani, but the fact is he became an abusive husband. This was not his enemy he Force choked. This was not someone who was armed and attempting to kil him.

It was his wife. His unarmed, pregnant wife who loved him. The hatred for Kylo and reylo has become ridiculous. The character was killed off three years ago, yet his haters are still as spiteful, scornful, and nasty as ever.

On a ...slightly lighter note...am I the only person who is actually depressed by the fact that DLF will in likelihood never bring Ben back...or am I just a complete idiot!!! Very Happy
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyla Ren Fri 13 Jan 2023, 6:33 am

motherofpearl1 wrote:You know...it still puzzles me that Kylo is described as an 'abusive' boyfriend, when despite the kiss...he never WAS Rey's boyfriend.

They began the ST as enemies, briefly became allies in TLJ, then were enemies again throughout TROS until the very end when they fought alongside each other. I think that is why the kiss was so 'jarring' even to us reylos; there was no build up to it, followed by Rey instantly forgetting him. When they first met in TFA she shot at him first. When they fought at the end, she left him bleeding and beaten. She twice attacked him when he was unarmed in TLJ, and again in TROS.
The huge 'abuse' business stems from him tossing her against a tree, but once again, they were on opposite sides of a war - and she was about to shoot him yet again. What was he supposed to do - stand there and let her?

What really angers me is that so many Kylo haters are also Anakin fans. One very nasty toxic on the FICM is a passionate Anakin fan, yet has spilled some truly poisonous bile on anyone with the slightest sympathetic view of Kylo. Yet Anakin tried to Force choke Padme because she was heartbroken at what he had become. I liked Ani, but the fact is he became an abusive husband. This was not his enemy he Force choked. This was not someone who was armed and attempting to kil him.

It was his wife. His unarmed, pregnant wife who loved him. The hatred for Kylo and reylo has become ridiculous. The character was killed off three years ago, yet his haters are still as spiteful, scornful, and nasty as ever.

On a ...slightly lighter note...am I the only person who is actually depressed by the fact that DLF will in likelihood never bring Ben back...or am I just a complete idiot!!! Very Happy
@motherofpearl1
You made a lot of good points.  I totally agree about the kiss being jarring.  I mean, I’m glad they included it in the film, but there was no build up, and that really bothered me because I wanted to see their relationship develop.  And then the way Rey acted after Ben died was disappointing, to say the least.  I mean, he sacrificed his life for her, and then it was like she was sad for a moment, but then it was business as usual and like she had forgotten that he ever even existed.  Who came up with that?  Was there ever at some point a decent script for TROS and TPTB forced them to make changes to it?  Who could have possibly thought that was a good or satisfying ending?  It was pure garbage, and not just because they ruined the Reylo romance.  It was just a garbage ending in general.  I still can’t believe it.

I don’t really understand the intense hatred for Kylo.  Was there ever this much hatred, or any hatred at all, towards Anakin?  I’m just wondering because I didn’t really visit many Star Wars forums back during the prequel era, so I don’t really know what most fans thought.  I sort of remember people complaining that Anakin was whiny, but I don’t really remember anyone hating him the way they hate Kylo.  I just don’t get the intense Kylo hate.  I think some people wanted him to be Darth Vader 2.0 and were disappointed when he wasn't.  But I still don't get it.  I think Kylo was the best character in the ST and he's my favorite character in all of Star Wars.

And no, you are not the only one that is depressed that DLF will probably never bring Ben back.  I feel the same way.  It makes me very sad as well as bitter. Sad  And as I said recently in another post, I know that probably sounds melodramatic, but that’s just the way I feel.  I was very invested in Reylo and I really think it could have been an epic romance if they had handled it right.  I still don’t know what they were thinking.
Kyla Ren
Kyla Ren
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Sat 14 Jan 2023, 3:41 am

Regarding Kylo hate.....I'm pretty sure Abrams wanted his character to be hated, hence having him kill Han. He wanted we, the audience, to embrace Rey as the 'deserving' heir to the Skywalker legacy. It was Rian who developed her character much better in TLJ; she matured but was still a 'grey' character, which was one of the reasons I liked her so much. Unfortunately I'm pretty sure the rise of the #metoo movement triggered a lot of the 'Kylo is an abuser', 'reylo is toxic' rubbish - and it is rubbish, for the reasons I've mentioned and a lot more stated by people more articulate and knowledgeable than me.
Remember how Daisy was praising reylo art post TFA? Then she went to saying: 'Rey doesn't need a boyfriend' and 'I can't get behind reylo' post TLJ. I also noticed post #blm a lot of Finn fans accusing DLF of 'denying him the right of black male lead' and demanding future material promote Finn/Rey, and using racism as an accusation against the reylo kiss. I even saw a well known news and current affairs website describe Reylo and Kylux as 'white supremacist ships' - Kylux, which is as crack as it can come! Laughing
The fact is, people have blown things up waaaay out of proportion. If you watch the entire trilogy Rey is almost always the one who 'shoots first', yet she is still seen as the victim because of her gender. Finn as a character was never intended to be Rey's boyfriend, both Daisy and John said that post TFA, and it is NOTHING to do with John's ethnicity - I notice, to my anger, that there was hardly any criticism of the treatment of Rose and Kelly Marie Tran in TROS, yet I see it as one of the worst examples of blatant racism ever...it was done to appease the horrible online toxics, and I've also noticed Finn fans, who constantly accuse everyone who likes reylo of racism, acting as if Rose wasn't a good enough love interest for their favourite character - one even described her as a 'not Rey' which is a profound insult beyond belief. Kelly - and Rose - deserved far better.

But, even without all this bother and pither....TROS was a terrible movie. It character assassinated everyone from Leia to Hux. It had zero plot and borrowed from far better films such as ROTJ, Raiders of the Lost Ark, and Avengers Endgame. It completely disrespected Rian Johnson as a filmmaker in a manner that was childish, petty and spiteful. The dialogue was cringeworthy and actually made it look as if nobody could act!

And...sadly....most of all it destroyed the Skywalkers forever. Having Rey take their name after making her a Palpatine was the final insult. People moan about the PT but it didn't destroy the OT the way TROS did. It actually ended on a hopeful note. TROS set a terrible example, that a broken abused kid could be simply replaced by a new shiny model and his family actually smiled - literally - on that. The film needs to be erased from canon, but DLF are so proud of their 'look how woke we are' new reputation they seem to be intent on carrying on in the same way. Shadow of the Sith is proof. They have already decided that their new trilogy will feature a female POC lead long before even casting, which I am sorry to say, I find both racist and sexist. As do several friends of mine who are POC. They refuse to accept what a disaster TROS was.

And that both Adam and Rian have since been nominated for Oscars - in Adam's case twice. Which speaks volumes.

Can I just post this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYj4Aq5fdjk

In some ways, Christopher Nolan's final film in the Batman trilogy was received with mixed feelings from fans - but just look how hopeful satisfying and moving this is? THIS is how to end a trilogy, with both an end and a new beginning.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Sun 15 Jan 2023, 4:39 pm

If anyone cares, the Willow spinoff show Lucasfilm made for Disney+, showrun by Jon Kasdan from Solo of all people, is like the studio showing off how much they learned from the mistakes of TROS. Like to the point where they're almost going out of their way to point it out, but without being snide about it. What the Force just did a whole podcast series about it, and ST fans are over the moon about it. It actually feels like a sequel show that cares about its story and characters and audience, the whole thing is so deliberate, and its gets better as it goes.

Even if they don't renew it for season 2 and 3 like they want to, I would still be very happy with what we got. I also feel like some of the other SW projects recently, like Andor and the Obi-Wan show, felt like LF not caring about the traditional dudebro crowd as much.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

motherofpearl1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Mon 16 Jan 2023, 2:49 am

That's interesting; I've heard a lot of bad things about it, but I haven't seen it as I've sworn off Disney until they bring Ben back...so as they don't seem interested in doing it, I guess that means forever. Sad
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Mon 16 Jan 2023, 4:10 am

californiagirl wrote:If anyone cares, the Willow spinoff show Lucasfilm made for Disney+, showrun by Jon Kasdan from Solo of all people, is like the studio showing off how much they learned from the mistakes of TROS. Like to the point where they're almost going out of their way to point it out, but without being snide about it. What the Force just did a whole podcast series about it, and ST fans are over the moon about it. It actually feels like a sequel show that cares about its story and characters and audience, the whole thing is so deliberate, and its gets better as it goes.

Even if they don't renew it for season 2 and 3 like they want to, I would still be very happy with what we got. I also feel like some of the other SW projects recently, like Andor and the Obi-Wan show, felt like LF not caring about the traditional dudebro crowd as much.
@californiagirl
Hellooooo! Great to hear from you!
Thanks for sharing this. I am aware what the force  has been covering it but haven’t listened to any of it so far. WTF makes everything better. Yes, even TROS lol.
I think I will keep an eye on this, I will want to see how it ends before I consider watching, or paying for Disney + a few months.
I have zero trust in Disney but if they can end it well, I trust reylos and would actually consider watching!

Please please let us know how it goes? Have my fingers crossed that it is a result of Disney having learned some lessons through TROS!
Waves
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Mon 16 Jan 2023, 4:58 am

You know, that picture on the bottom of your post....what was the point of that character? Really? Shocked
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Mon 16 Jan 2023, 5:17 am

motherofpearl1 wrote:You know, that picture on the bottom of your post....what was the point of that character? Really? Shocked
@motherofpearl1

Lol. Point? There had to be a point? This is Star Wars haaa
If they can include JJ’s buddy the pointless Beaumont character there evidently doesn’t need to be a point for a character to exist.

I found the character Claude funny. He has as much connection to the skywalker name as Rey did!

It gives me a laugh that they had a character named Claude who seemed to have no hands or feet.. he was not clawed. Get it?! Laughing
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Mon 16 Jan 2023, 5:21 am

Oh boy...yes, I do.
I think Rose could have played that part very well; they drone on about Carrie's death affecting Kelly's role, but if that was the case it was obvious from the start that they didn't intend for her to be 'flying around the galaxy' with the new Trio.
The treatment of Kelly - and her classy behaviour, unlike some people who whined on SM - is still something that bothers me.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Thu 19 Jan 2023, 9:59 am

Sorry to double post, but does anyone remember this?
https://www.cinemablend.com/news/2470488/daisy-ridley-doesnt-want-rey-to-end-up-with-kylo-ren

It seems to confirm our suspicions that the #metoo movement might have had a hand in the ultimate fate of reylo.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Darth Rowan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyla Ren Fri 20 Jan 2023, 4:58 am

motherofpearl1 wrote:
Sorry to double post, but does anyone remember this?
https://www.cinemablend.com/news/2470488/daisy-ridley-doesnt-want-rey-to-end-up-with-kylo-ren

It seems to confirm our suspicions that the #metoo movement might have had a hand in the ultimate fate of reylo.
@motherofpearl1

I remember that interview. Sad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNoQS_wkzf4
Kyla Ren
Kyla Ren
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Fri 20 Jan 2023, 5:01 pm

Okay...I think that Daisy might have had a quiet word with Abrams, he does tend to listen to his friends, or maybe the #metoo movement were 'vocal'...in Daisy's case, she didn't mind 'reylo' both post TFA and during the promos for TLJ, so if she DID have a hand in what happened, how many bets she was pressured by the #metoo members?

I really think they played a part in it...notice supplementary material post TLJ started emphasising Kylo 'tortured' Rey....and I got pretty upset that post TROS a comic supposedly depicting Kylo's reign of the FO between TLJ and TROS showed him executing a 'courageous rebel' who was both a woman and a POC...they were really rubbing it in.

What stinks for me is this: 'It isn't Rey's job to save Kylo'; did it demean Luke in the EU to save Mara Jade? What is this 'new female' they are keen to promote - I like a heroine with a heart, not a cold blooded judgemental robot.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Darth Rowan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum