Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Year On - What's it like for you?

+20
Birdwoman
Kylo Ren's 8-Pack
Geralt_Riv
Angharad
Kylo Rey
Moonjump05
vaderito
Kyla Ren
Atenais
motherofpearl1
snufkin
MaddieDove
spacebaby45678
californiagirl
Saracene
Starliteprism
cherrylipstick
karamelreylo
unicorn
DeeBee
24 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

One Year On - What's it like for you?  - Page 6 Empty Re: One Year On - What's it like for you?

Post by Darth Rowan Fri 20 Jan 2023, 7:17 pm

motherofpearl1 wrote:
Sorry to double post, but does anyone remember this?
https://www.cinemablend.com/news/2470488/daisy-ridley-doesnt-want-rey-to-end-up-with-kylo-ren

It seems to confirm our suspicions that the #metoo movement might have had a hand in the ultimate fate of reylo.
@motherofpearl1

You know that makes perfect sense to me. To me it's always been clear that something happened to derail the Reylo train in the narrative. In some sense they 'got there' because TROS revealed the "dyad in the Force" angle was correct and we got a kiss, etc, but it was clear from TFA that they were building up to so much more with these characters that ultimately wasn't explored directly on screen. The #MeToo sensibilities of the time and Daisy Ridley's concerns might very well have impacted the telling of the story.

It makes me so sad especially in light of how good Andor is. The Reylo story could have been so much better than Andor (which is already amazing in its own right) if the team behind it had kept their nerve/conviction.
Darth Rowan
Darth Rowan
Admin

Back to top Go down

One Year On - What's it like for you?  - Page 6 Empty Re: One Year On - What's it like for you?

Post by motherofpearl1 Sun 22 Jan 2023, 3:03 am

Oh, I'm pretty convinced they changed everything post TLJ. Abrams I'm sure, was setting up Kylo to be 'hated', hence having him kill Han, but Laurence Kasdan was co writer and I doubt he wanted to see the end of the Skywalker bloodline. Rian did a magnificent job (although I still don't like the scene with Ben on his knees before Rey) of developing their relationship; and he practically gave them a strong story arc for TROS - Poe in charge of the Resistance, Hux ousting Kylo, Finn's stormtrooper Rebellion...and reylo eventually bringing about the 'balance of the Force' that was even hinted at in the TFA novel....'the resolving of grey'.
It was post TLJ, I noticed, that the 'reylo is abusive' comments started to really take a hold and this of course is in the wake of #metoo. I lost respect for them with the Amber Heard farce, but they have made a big impression on the movie industry. As for the 'Ben was always meant to die' mother hubbard from Daisy and Abrams - sorry, don't believe it. TROS had all the signs of a film being made up as it went along, and I strongly believe Ben's fate was one of their last minute decisions.
I have to say, I'm disappointed in Daisy if she was one of the movers behind the decision to trash reylo...but after reading some of the interviews with her post TROS, I suspect she was Crying or Very sad

Another thing...can someone possibly tell me if Finn was meant to be co protagonist alongside Rey? Some of his fans on reddit are insisting he was, but I honestly thought he was a supporting character.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Darth Rowan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Rowan Mon 23 Jan 2023, 7:51 am

motherofpearl1 wrote:
Another thing...can someone possibly tell me if Finn was meant to be co protagonist alongside Rey? Some of his fans on reddit are insisting he was, but I honestly thought he was a supporting character.
@motherofpearl1

I honestly think that in TFA Finn was meant to be a red herring about who was "the good force user" and also a foil for Kylo as a member of the First Order. I remember when the marketing for TFA started coming out, we saw Finn with the lightsaber and Rey just scavenging and crying in the trailers, lol.

In the later story I think Finn was meant to be the future leader of the resistance and a sidekick to Rey; his role really suffered when they made the decision not to kill off Poe in TFA. He had to split the role basically with Finn, imo.
Darth Rowan
Darth Rowan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Mon 23 Jan 2023, 8:45 am

Darth Rowan wrote:
motherofpearl1 wrote:
@motherofpearl1

I honestly think that in TFA Finn was meant to be a red herring about who was "the good force user" and also a foil for Kylo as a member of the First Order. I remember when the marketing for TFA started coming out, we saw Finn with the lightsaber and Rey just scavenging and crying in the trailers, lol.

In the later story I think Finn was meant to be the future leader of the resistance and a sidekick to Rey; his role really suffered when they made the decision not to kill off Poe in TFA. He had to split the role basically with Finn, imo.
@Darth Rowan

I think Rian had the right idea with Poe; he would have been good as a General commanding the Resistance from base. To hear Finn's fan though, especially on the FICM, you'd think it was all Kylo's fault. Rolling Eyes

I've noticed on a lot of SW sites...quite a few fans think that Ben's death was moving, as he died saving the woman he loved.
Unfortunately, I personally find it hard to answer these fans as I'd probably be banned!
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Mon 23 Jan 2023, 11:27 am

Daisy's been doing press for a new movie she stars in and produces (she has like 4 movies coming out this year), but inevitably she is asked about SW. In what does not surprise me at all but totally will surprise other people if they notice it at all, JJ was the originator of Rey no one! I had never gotten the sense that TFA was actually asking who Rey's parents were, they were clearly just crap people who left her on a sucky planet with a sucky person, it was just a little too ambiguous in what it was doing. Combined with some weird marketing and a lot of fan desires with no media literacy to be found, honestly the whole discourse was doomed before the TFA even came out.

But this does match that other interview she did where she said Rey started as no one, they thought about a Kenobi idea, went back to no one, then the Palpatine thing was TROS. Also there was that old Kiri Hart quote in the art of TROS book about how Rey wasn't a Skywalker. TLJ was not the opposite of TFA!

Her experience with SW seems to have been generally quite positive, aside from some crummy sexist fans who would say to her face they didn't like her stuff, and she seems fine with either version of Rey's story. The whole article is a good read. The interviewer is vicious about TROS, it's so funny.

Also she was seen a month or two ago having lunch at the LF headquarters, who knows what that could be about. She has a Disney+ movie coming out, Oscar did Moon Knight on Disney+, John I know feels kinder towards the whole Disney/SW thing than he was before, Adam I'm sure would be willing if he liked the director and script enough, the question is if they would ask him. Once in a while there will still be some third party company that puts out a Rey-and-Kylo product. It still feels too soon, but someone suggested Disney will want to get some more use out of the ST actors before they're old, which many felt was a mistake not having the OT actors return until they were in their 50s-70s. I know SW can do great writing, Andor is fabulous!

https://www.rollingstone.com/tv-movies/tv-movie-features/daisy-ridley-life-after-star-wars-fandom-retconning-the-last-jedi-sundance-1234665342/

One Year On - What's it like for you?  - Page 6 Scree841

One Year On - What's it like for you?  - Page 6 Scree842
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Darth Rowan, motherofpearl1 and Moonlight13 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Mon 23 Jan 2023, 12:58 pm

Proof that TLJ didn't retcon any of TFA.

It gets me so angry when people say that.

I'd love to see Adam back, but to be honest, I really wish they would just...ignore TROS. It character assassinated Rey so much. And sadly...I suspect if there IS a future romance for Rey, it would be with Finn.

Am I by the way, the only person who is genuinely baffled that so many SW fans are quite happy with how TROS ended?
I've been reading their comments elsewhere, and I keep getting the likes of:
'It's a fitting end because Ben did what Anakin couldn't, and saved the woman he loved' 'Rey honoured the Skywalkers by taking their name', and 'It's for the best that there are no more Skywalkers after 50 years' and so on.

I am also told that I'm being a moron for liking Ben so much.
Is Ben popular among the SW fans...or only with the GA?

Like this
https://www.cbr.com/rise-of-skywalker-kylo-ren-let-down-star-wars/

I've just read on another forum that Daisy is apparently making films for Disney+ so she still has plenty of contact with them.

They did say future films will feature new leading characters but 'some of the ST cast will appear'.

Okay, probably a load of baloney....but I suspect some of it isn't.
https://www.inverse.com/entertainment/star-wars-leak-deleted-scene-kylo-ren-lives

As DLF are saying the next SW film won't be until 2025, I really wish they would make a tv series about the further adventures of the ST characters including of course, Ben. Or several of them. These could bridge the gap between movies and we might be able to get Ben back. The problem of course, is Adam is now a twice Oscar nominated movie star, but Ewan MacGregor had no objection to doing tv work, and Adam liked playing Kylo.

I really can't get my head around how they wasted both the character and Adam's talents as an actor...I don't think I'll ever be 'over it'.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Sat 04 Feb 2023, 1:00 am

Three years on I still haven’t seen TRoS and have no plans to. I’m just glad that it was released well before the pandemic, so we didn’t have to wait in anticipation for a couple more years only to be greeted with a turd of a film.

I’m still fascinated by just how badly the ST was mismanaged and how many bad decisions were made, going all the way back to TFA which in retrospect was a rotten foundation. They should have either committed to continuing the Skywalker family saga proper, or telling a brand new story with the brand new characters, with maybe some brief cameos by the OT characters. Ironically, I think that JJ had a right instinct trying to connect Rey to the bigger Skywalker story, but it happened two movies too late.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Sat 04 Feb 2023, 2:37 am

Going back to TFA I now see the signs Abrams was planning to replace Ben with Rey...her ability to speak Shiriwook, her instant bond with Han, seeing him as the 'father she had never known' and the infamous scene where Leia hugged Rey post Han's death....even non reylos and non Kylo fans called that one out; why hug her when she'd never met her?
I have gone through it over and over in my head and I still can't believe why DLF decided to 'villainise' the last Skywalker and replace him with someone else. If they wanted a female protagonist why not make Rey the Skywalker? A long lost child of Han/Leia, or Luke? This was the Skywalker saga for Pete's sake! If they wanted to make a film about a scavenger and a stormtrooper they could have made a standalone or tv series.
Talking of stormtroopers.....I'm used to the FICM dissing Kylo, but one obsessed Finn fan has gone too far; not content with comparing Adam's talents as an actor to John Boyega's and finding him wanting, this odious turd is now starting to suggest Adam actually 'leaned into' being 'menacing' in the interrogation scene....I'm sorry, but I really wish that forum could be closed down, I've never seen anything like this, and I'm profoundly glad I've been banned. Disliking a character is one thing, denouncing the actor playing him is another. Horrid people. Censored
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Sat 04 Feb 2023, 6:05 am

I don’t really think that JJ planned to replace Ben with Rey; it doesn’t make sense when Ben didn’t even exist as a character prior to TFA. There was no need to replace him when JJ simply could have no Solo child in the movie to begin with. All that insta bonding and unearned emotion is just a usual thing for JJ, he’s a superficial creator with no patience for putting in the work.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Sat 04 Feb 2023, 6:20 am

You know....does anyone remember the 'leaks' back before TROS was released?
And also remember how we all thought they were fake because they were so awful? Shocked
And remember how we were all so convinced Ben would have a HEA because this was Star Wars - and it was a fairy tale, about hope and forgiveness?

I think this sums up exactly what I feel like.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6zj43sA7GE
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France Tue 07 Feb 2023, 4:48 pm

I got curious as to where this forum was at, so might as well jump in and post a quick update.

I'm doing fine overall and I'm in a better place mentally than I was in the last few years. I'll always be grateful to Reylo for taking me through dark times, I'm happy to see fic writers are getting published, I've learned a lot from 2016 to 2019, but I don't really consider myself part of the fandom anymore. And it makes me sad, because I loved Star Wars even before getting into Reylo. It took me a full year before being able to play Knights of the Old Republic again, and that's a story I love even more than the core movies. But LucasFilm burned me so hard I didn't even bother with whatever came out after The Rise of Skywalker. I'm glad to hear Andor was great, but I didn't watch it and I don't plan to do it anytime soon.

I've seen TROS once and that was when I went to see it in theaters, I never saw it again, and I don't plan to re-watch it anytime soon. I'm fully aware that I'll probably never like it or "be at peace with it". I can't even respect the endeavour like I do for the prequels, it's just bad, and in a boring way, because every story decision feels like it was made by a bunch of suits who had the objective to please everyone and make as much money as possible, and the end result barely got a better box office result than frigging Cats, which was its only competition. I can't even enjoy the Reylo scenes or even the kiss since the latter is so poorly shot I can only guess some people really begged JJ to film it and leave it in.

I got my closure when a lady on Twitter won an auction and got to interview Daisy Ridley and Rian Johnson (Sariah Wilson was her name, I think?), and with Rian especially, it was good to know our instincts were correct and that there was at least a few people involved who genuinely cared about making a good story, flaws and all. I'd love to know more about what actually happened behind the scenes, but I think we'll never know at this point, and I've made my peace with that at this point.

And ultimately, I'll give Reylo this: at least it gave me the much needed boost to actually create original fiction and eventually put it out there, because no matter what I do, I'll never do worse than "Somehow, Palpatine has returned".
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

DeeBee likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Wed 08 Feb 2023, 5:48 am

Agree with you, especially the last part!
You know....TLJ set up the last film so beautifully, it really saddens me that all that promise was thrown away; and I'll never understand why Trevorrow wanted Kylo to be 'eeeeeeviiil' all the way through DOTF as well - I was once accused of 'not being a true SW fan' because I loved Han Solo's killer, yet the people they hired for TROS essentially destroyed the Skywalker family - and I'm sorry but they were SW. Spin off materials can be great but they are still spin offs. Lucas created a Shakespearian tragedy in space, a family saga, and Disney destroyed it for the sake of political correctness. And judging by what they have planned for forthcoming films, and tv series, they intend to continue this.

I shan't be wasting my money on anything else they do - even Marvel movies - and unfortunately TROS completely destroyed any affection I felt for Rey, Finn and Poe...but I will always miss Ben Solo. And what his story could have been.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France Wed 08 Feb 2023, 7:09 am

motherofpearl1 wrote:Agree with you, especially the last part!
You know....TLJ set up the last film so beautifully, it really saddens me that all that promise was thrown away; and I'll never understand why Trevorrow wanted Kylo to be 'eeeeeeviiil' all the way through DOTF as well - I was once accused of 'not being a true SW fan' because I loved Han Solo's killer, yet the people they hired for TROS essentially destroyed the Skywalker family - and I'm sorry but they were SW. Spin off materials can be great but they are still spin offs. Lucas created a Shakespearian tragedy in space, a family saga, and Disney destroyed it for the sake of political correctness. And judging by what they have planned for forthcoming films, and tv series, they intend to continue this.

I shan't be wasting my money on anything else they do - even Marvel movies - and unfortunately TROS completely destroyed any affection I felt for Rey, Finn and Poe...but I will always miss Ben Solo. And what his story could have been.
@motherofpearl1

I really don't think it's about "political correctness" when it comes to Ben. JJ Abrams made the decision in TFA for Ben to kill off Han. In pure JJ fashion, he didn't put half the thought he should have put in such a major writing decision, and many people just couldn't reconciliate that, because "OH NOES HE KILLED COOL DAD HAN". Rian could put it aside, because he actually has imagination, but other people involved weren't, because they're hacks with little imagination, sensitivity or talent, who are there because of connections. They're also fanboys, which means that they think that the Skywalker family name is some kind of honorific (it's really not if you think about it for more than five minutes), and they wanted to get easy points by going all "See, a girl can be a Skywalker!" Yeah, no shyte. So for the rest, when it came to Ben, it was all about being edgy for the sake of being edgy, like "Look, Han and Leia's son is eviiiiiiiiil, and he betrayed Luke, isn't that cool? Didn't see that coming, huh?" I think a lot of them didn't expect Ben to be as popular as he did and that he'd just be the SW version of yet another Batman villain with a tragic backstory. It blew up in their faces, because they're idiots.

It's a pandemic, really: writers everywhere try to do the next Breaking Bad or The Sopranos without really understanding what made them tick, so they just stay edgy. They'll take a clock, smash it to pieces without trying to understand how it was made in the first place, try to put it back together, and then get mad when people point out it doesn't even tick anymore. It happened with Westworld when people would figure out the mysteries and the writers got mad about it and changed the plot to the point it didn't even make sense anymore, it happened with Game of Thrones (press f for the Iron Fleet, tragically kinda forgotten by Daenerys), it happened with Euphoria, and I'm ready to bet my bum that it will happen with House of the Dragon if it didn't already, it will happen with The Last of Us, and we'll be stuck with the cheap tricks Marvel has pulled off for years because they know that as long as they put out a CGI spectacle monstrosity with gimmicky characters, the audience won't care about how the characters are as shallow as a puddle and how the stories have more plotholes than an award-winning Swiss cheese.

And LucasFilm isn't going to come forward and say they messed up. Oh, make no mistake, they'll do it for the fanboys who were screaming about Luke and who sent the actresses to therapy, because them buying merch and toys at the venerable old age of 45 is their bread and butter. The truth is, they wanted more female fans, but they didn't want us, and they're mad we proved to be smarter and more creative than they ever will be. They even tried to play nice with Reylos who got book deals, but they got chased off. Karma.

So yeah, storytelling in film and television is dying because it's a circle jerk of people with connections with little to no actual talent. And it's terrifying.
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Fri 10 Feb 2023, 7:57 am

I do think some of the 'movements' that came about post TLJ had an influence...Daisy was fine with reylo post TFA; I remember her praising reylo artwork and saying during the release of TLJ that 'Kylo was nurturing Rey, not Luke.'

Then post TLJ, and not long before TROS she was saying that 'Rey didn't need a boyfriend' and that she 'couldn't get behind reylo' - around the same time #metoo were on the rise. John Boyega was seen post TROS with a megaphone at a #blm rally, and DLF made a public statement on their website that they were fully behind him....they have now announced that the lead role in the next SW movie will be played by a WOC.

DLF are anxious to distance themselves from their 'questionable' past but are overdoing it, frankly. I'm sorry for Adam, as fans of John Boyega - particularly on the FICM - are openly saying he lost out as 'Black male lead' because of racism, and that he 'should have been the romantic interest for Rey.' They have no right to blame Adam, who simply gave a great performance, as directed, for 'stealing Finn's thunder.' He gave the best performance in the ST, nothing to do with colour or gender, and everything to do with talent.

Meanwhile, they've chosen to forget Kelly Marie Tran. Evil or Very Mad
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France Fri 10 Feb 2023, 10:53 am

motherofpearl1 wrote:I do think some of the 'movements' that came about post TLJ had an influence...Daisy was fine with reylo post TFA; I remember her praising reylo artwork and saying during the release of TLJ that 'Kylo was nurturing Rey, not Luke.'

Then post TLJ, and not long before TROS she was saying that 'Rey didn't need a boyfriend' and that she 'couldn't get behind reylo' - around the same time #metoo were on the rise. John Boyega was seen post TROS with a megaphone at a #blm rally, and DLF made a public statement on their website that they were fully behind him....they have now announced that the lead role in the next SW movie will be played by a WOC.

DLF are anxious to distance themselves from their 'questionable' past but are overdoing it, frankly. I'm sorry for Adam, as fans of John Boyega - particularly on the FICM - are openly saying he lost out as 'Black male lead' because of racism, and that he 'should have been the romantic interest for Rey.' They have no right to blame Adam, who simply gave a great performance, as directed, for 'stealing Finn's thunder.' He gave the best performance in the ST, nothing to do with colour or gender, and everything to do with talent.

Meanwhile, they've chosen to forget Kelly Marie Tran. Evil or Very Mad
@motherofpearl1

I mean, I'm not going to put the validity of the MeToo and Black Lives Matter movements into question. Daisy is the face of the brand and will say what she is told to say by TPTB, and in the interview I've mentioned prior with Sariah Wilson who won an auction, she wasn't against the idea of Reylo at all. I have my thoughts about John Boyega's actions but I'm not going to share them here because it's pointless in the long run, other than the fact that I do think he has a point by saying Finn was treated like crap throughout the ST, but he's too cowardly to go all the way and actually blame JJ Abrams for it, because he's the one who made promises to John he ended up not keeping. Also, I think it's a very slippery slope to talk about a WoC being a lead in an upcoming project in the same breath. Do I think LucasFilm is performative and insincere? Yes. So is Disney. So is Marvel. So are most of the big media companies around. Good for them if they're learning from their mistake one way or another and providing a WoC actress with this opportunity. I don't trust the brand anymore so I won't watch it, but I'm glad BIPoC are getting employment. And I mean, we're in an era where people on the Internet think casting BIPoC actors in things is woke, because their sheer existence is woke, I guess. Just look at the people who were mad about Rings of Power and who lost their sith over a dwarven princess played by a black actress.

And honestly, who knows what happened between TLJ and TROS. I think the fact that TLJ was polarizing helped, but I also think JJ Abrams and Rian Johnson had fundamentally different visions of how the ST should go. The idea of "Strong Independent Female Character Who Needs No Man" predates the MeToo movement. It was very much a thing in the early 2010s as a response to Twilight and all of its copycats. I remember when the Grisha trilogy and the Red Queen series when they were at their peak and when there was heavy discourse about the Ben types of characters where even the authors took part in it, and it was not pretty. That was even before TFA came out.
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Fri 10 Feb 2023, 11:51 am

I was banned permanently from the FICM because I twice mentioned Ben Solo in a thread dedicated to Finn.
I said nothing malicious about either the character, or John Boyega; I simply mentioned that the ST should have been about Ben, and I stand by it - because Ben was the last Skywalker in the Skywalker Saga.
One of the posters - a white female - accused me of racism and told me I was 'putting the white character in front of the black male lead', which astounded me - as I always thought there wasn't a 'male lead', just Rey!! Very Happy

I'm profoundly glad I was banned, as it's a terrible place these days...I still 'lurk', and most of the original posters I used to interact with have either quit or been banned, I've spoke to one or two of them on other forums; the ones that remain are avid Finn fans and Kylo haters and it is actually worrying me how their hatred for Kylo is now bleeding into a profound dislike of Adam himself. They are turning into another Fandom Menace.

I really don't think I'll ever be able to accept what they did to Ben/Kylo, and move on. I've decided that there will be no more 'franchises' for me, this is the third I've lost and SW was the one I loved the most. They've really and truly broken my heart, and I'm not interested in whatever they do from now on. I made the mistake of falling big time for the character they intended to throw away, and it's time to leave. I'm too old anyway, SW will outlive me, it's certainly outlived its first family.

Only one good thing has come out of me watching the ST, and it's discovering Adam Driver. he's now one of my favourite actors, and I'm looking forward to his next film. But i'll always be sad that we won't be seeing Ben/Kylo on screen ever again.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France Fri 10 Feb 2023, 12:38 pm

motherofpearl1 wrote:I was banned permanently from the FICM because I twice mentioned Ben Solo in a thread dedicated to Finn.
I said nothing malicious about either the character, or John Boyega; I simply mentioned that the ST should have been about Ben, and I stand by it - because Ben was the last Skywalker in the Skywalker Saga.
One of the posters - a white female - accused me of racism and told me I was 'putting the white character in front of the black male lead', which astounded me - as I always thought there wasn't a 'male lead', just Rey!! Very Happy

I'm profoundly glad I was banned, as it's a terrible place these days...I still 'lurk', and most of the original posters I used to interact with have either quit or been banned, I've spoke to one or two of them on other forums; the ones that remain are avid Finn fans and Kylo haters and it is actually worrying me how their hatred for Kylo is now bleeding into a profound dislike of Adam himself. They are turning into another Fandom Menace.

I really don't think I'll ever be able to accept what they did to Ben/Kylo, and move on. I've decided that there will be no more 'franchises' for me, this is the third I've lost and SW was the one I loved the most. They've really and truly broken my heart, and I'm not interested in whatever they do from now on. I made the mistake of falling big time for the character they intended to throw away, and it's time to leave. I'm too old anyway, SW will outlive me, it's certainly outlived its first family.

Only one good thing has come out of me watching the ST, and it's discovering Adam Driver. he's now one of my favourite actors, and I'm looking forward to his next film. But i'll always be sad that we won't be seeing Ben/Kylo on screen ever again.
@motherofpearl1

This forum was created as a result of another forum that will not be named banning all mentions of Reylo. All of my points still stand. And frankly, I'm not going to blame Finn, or John Boyega, or Finn fans for how the ST turned out. They were screwed over as much as we were, and if they're using unhealthy coping mechanisms to deal with it, that's on them. Like it or not, Lucasfilm played on the fact people wanted a black lead in a major franchise, and then pulled off a bait and switch. It's a valid reason to be angry. They've baited Stormpilot shippers via Oscar Isaac, they baited the Reylo fandom, heck, TROS was one big bait to appease TFM types. That being said, taking it out on the legacy kid or on a fandom who happens to like the legacy kid (why people don't compute that is a mystery to me but nothing should surprise me anymore) is not the way, but I think there's plenty of room for Ben, and Rey, and Finn to be the protagonists. You can have more than one.
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Fri 10 Feb 2023, 1:04 pm

I think it was originally meant to be a 'trio' with Ben, Rey and Finn. Notice how in TFA all of them started out masked. The survival of the Poe character threw a spanner in the works, but Rian wisely chose to 'groom' Poe to be the next General; he would have been far better as the Rebel Leader in charge at base.
I am also convinced there was meant to be an ending where Kylo and Rey created a 'new' order where attachments were allowed, there were no Jedi or Sith , just Force users. Hence the poem at the beginning of TFA which is also on this forum.

I will say this - I think John's behaviour on twitter post TROS was not very nice, particularly the comment he made about Rey - taking the mickey out of reylos is one thing, but that comment he made about Rey was pretty unpleasant especially as she's his friend. I lost a lot of respect for him that day.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France Fri 10 Feb 2023, 2:29 pm

motherofpearl1 wrote:I think it was originally meant to be a 'trio' with Ben, Rey and Finn. Notice how in TFA all of them started out masked. The survival of the Poe character threw a spanner in the works, but Rian wisely chose to 'groom' Poe to be the next General; he would have been far better as the Rebel Leader in charge at base.
I am also convinced there was meant to be an ending where Kylo and Rey created a 'new' order where attachments were allowed, there were no Jedi or Sith , just Force users. Hence the poem at the beginning of TFA which is also on this forum.

I will say this - I think John's behaviour on twitter post TROS was not very nice, particularly the comment he made about Rey - taking the mickey out of reylos is one thing, but that comment he made about Rey was pretty unpleasant especially as she's his friend. I lost a lot of respect for him that day.
@motherofpearl1

I'll be honest, I think letting Poe live is what screwed Finn over, and I don't think his arc was handled all that well in TLJ. I also believe Rian was telling the truth when he said there wasn't a long term plan, and that includes anything related to Reylo or Ben. But John is not going to go after Oscar Isaac for the same reason he won't go after JJ Abrams. As for what he said about Rey, or Daisy, or Kelly, yeah, it was pretty unpleasant to say the least. But it's ultimately irrelevant (since I'm pretty sure he leaked the TROS script and got subsequently fired) and it has nothing to do with how TROS turned out.
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Fri 10 Feb 2023, 2:33 pm

Rian's comment on 'no long term plan' I think refers to Colin Trevorrow, who was very much anti reylo.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France Fri 10 Feb 2023, 2:34 pm

motherofpearl1 wrote:Rian's comment on 'no long term plan' I think refers to Colin Trevorrow, who was very much anti reylo.
@motherofpearl1

Nope. He mentioned that multiple times, including after when TROS came out.
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Sat 11 Feb 2023, 2:39 am

So they really were making it up as they went along.... Shocked
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Sat 11 Feb 2023, 5:33 am

Re: Finn, the ST didn’t really need *two* young wide-eyed protagonists who basically go on the same journey being thrown into a bigger story after growing up in a restricted environment etc. There’s no reason why Finn couldn’t have been a good supporting character with his own arc, but he’d need to be rewritten from scratch, including a backstory and personality that actually make sense together.

Personally I think that he was inserted into the story because TPTB had cold feet about a female protagonist, and thought that the male audiences would want someone they can relate to, i.e. a male protagonist.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Sat 11 Feb 2023, 8:19 am

The last three films about the Skywalkers should have been about...the Skywalkers. Disney have had plenty of success with Rogue 1, Mando, BoBF and now they have lots of new series coming out, such as The Acolyte. If they wanted their main protagonist to be female they should have made Rey the long lost child of Han and Leia, or Luke.

You wouldn't make a series called the Forsyte Saga about the Smiths next door so why make the Skywalker Saga about...someone else? And a Palpatine to boot.
Personally, I would have made the ST about Ben Solo...and Rey Nobody, like they did with Mad Max Fury Road, where Max and Furiosa had double billing. I would have made the whole thing about the coming together of a Lightsider with Dark tendences and a Darksider with Light tendencies, 'Yin and Yang', and ultimately the 'resolving of grey' being the Force finally finding balance and bringing an end to the never ending good v evil battle for supremacy. Finn's story could have made a great TV series.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Atenais likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Wed 20 Dec 2023, 5:09 am

Sooooo it’s 20 December 2023. It’s the 4 year anniversary of the release of TROS. Wut?! Shocked

It’s a little scary how quickly life can fly by. I hope everyone is well and has a great Christmas santa  rendeer  santa  rendeer
Since life is short, I’m not going to dwell too long on TROS -boooooo, but I also wanted to mark the anniversary in some way…  bom
I’m still hoping for Ben’s return to be with Rey but also really not counting on it happening.

Nice Reylo update on What the force pod-  I don’t know if u stop by but I admire Marie-Claire and Hammie’s spark of hope that remains for some resolution here. I listened to the ep to mark the occasion  sunny
Peace all! Happy Holidays!!  rendeer  santa  rendeer  santa

Bensurrection 2024?! Haaaaaa Claps Claps Claps Claps Shy Shy Shy Shy
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

unicorn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum