Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kylo's lineage and romances that created him (Anidala, Hanleia)

+13
ISeeAnIsland
Krafty
Sylvia Snow
snufkin
Irina de France
Darth_Awakened
Saracene
Sforza
panki
MeadowofAshes
spacebaby45678
Reylo Lemon
vaderito
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Kylo's lineage and romances that created him (Anidala, Hanleia) Empty Kylo's lineage and romances that created him (Anidala, Hanleia)

Post by vaderito Sun 03 Apr 2016, 8:21 am

Kylo's lineage and romances that created him (Anidala, Hanleia) VpkK2xK

Hi all,

This is a thread to discuss Kylo's lineage - from Shmi and Naberries (even Plagueis but NOT Snoke is Plagueis Theory please!) to Anakin and Padme to Leia's adoptive family to Han and Leia. Yes, you can throw uncle Luke and his adoptive family into the mix too.

But the biggest deal is that Kylo is a child of two epic SW romances: Anidala and Hanleia. And he may well get his own epic romance with Rey.

Therefore, this is a thread to discuss both romances and how they relate to Reylo (Reverse Anidala, for example), as well as Kylo's family and how they relate to him ("too much Vader in him", "weak and foolish like his father"). Other topics:

Amazing Skywalker helmet hair
Skywalker penchant for dramatic unmasking
Skywalker penchant for gazing at celestial objects
Whiny Skywalker males
Solo smirk

Laughing Laughing Laughing
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Kylo's lineage and romances that created him (Anidala, Hanleia) Empty Re: Kylo's lineage and romances that created him (Anidala, Hanleia)

Post by Reylo Lemon Sun 03 Apr 2016, 8:37 am

vaderito wrote:Kylo's lineage and romances that created him (Anidala, Hanleia) VpkK2xK

Hi all,

This is a thread to discuss Kylo's lineage - from Shmi and Naberries (even Plagueis but NOT Snoke is Plagueis Theory please!) to Anakin and Padme to Leia's adoptive family to Han and Leia. Yes, you can throw uncle Luke and his adoptive family into the mix too.

But the biggest deal is that Kylo is a child of two epic SW romances: Anidala and Hanleia. And he may well get his own epic romance with Rey.

Therefore, this is a thread to discuss both romances and how they relate to Reylo (Reverse Anidala, for example), as well as Kylo's family and how they relate to him ("too much Vader in him", "weak and foolish like his father"). Other topics:

Amazing Skywalker helmet hair
Skywalker penchant for dramatic unmasking
Skywalker penchant for gazing at celestial objects
Whiny Skywalker males
Solo smirk

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Don't forget: DON'T BE AFRAID, I FEEL IT TOO, I WILL BE NOT SEDUCED, WE'LL SEE, YOU NEED A TEACHER! sorry for using caps lock but they are clearly foreshadowing something big H-beating
Edit: "You have compassion for her" bye Stretcher
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Kylo's lineage and romances that created him (Anidala, Hanleia) Empty Re: Kylo's lineage and romances that created him (Anidala, Hanleia)

Post by spacebaby45678 Sun 03 Apr 2016, 9:36 am

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes Sun 03 Apr 2016, 9:39 am

I'm on board with reverse Anidala. I doubt the line "This will begin to make things right" was just a not-so-subtle dig at the prequels. I really think they're also foreshading reverse Anidala making the prequels romance right.

That being said, I like that Rey and Kylo/Ben begin with a solid Han/Leia foundation. Han and Leia are a great romance. Sure, they give each other crap and argue a lot and they don't start out liking each other, but the most important part of their relationship to me is they begin as equals. Further, they are equals who challenge one another and grow together.

Han: Some girl. Either I'm going to kill her or I'm beginning to like her.

This is right after she's blasted a hole into the wall and ordered everyone to jump into a garbage chute while insulting them, mind you. Leia doesn't take crap from anyone, let alone a couple of presumptuous men there to rescue her, and even if it fruatrates him Han digs that.

They say men grow up to marry their mother. Very Happy But seriously, this is also the dynamic I appreciate with Kylo and Rey. Sure, he has that trademark Skywalker fascination with her, but I see more Solo there. He's intrigued by her, but his real infatuation comes when she challenges him, from the time she calls his lightsaber to her to her handing him his butt on a platter. That boy has got it bad. And how does he respond to her calling his legacy lightsaber? By meeting her as an equal. By offering to teach her, because she DOES need a teacher and he sees her as a worthy opponent and formidable ally.

MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sun 03 Apr 2016, 9:43 am

There's too much Vader in him:

Kylo's lineage and romances that created him (Anidala, Hanleia) Anakin

Kylo's lineage and romances that created him (Anidala, Hanleia) Tumblr_o43q8qvNee1v4q2hwo1_1280

He was weak and foolish like his father:

Kylo's lineage and romances that created him (Anidala, Hanleia) Tumblr_n676zfjxU01rko26yo1_250

Kylo's lineage and romances that created him (Anidala, Hanleia) Tumblr_inline_o4z2se81lN1s8iw9h_500
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sun 03 Apr 2016, 9:54 am

MeadowofAshes wrote:I'm on board with reverse Anidala. I doubt the line "This will begin to make things right" was just a not-so-subtle dig at the prequels. I really think they're also foreshading reverse Anidala making the prequels romance right.

Totally. The dig is ever so unsubtle which is why we got lots of reversed moments from TP. As someone said, Kylo's Anakin done right.

That being said, I like that Rey and Kylo/Ben begin with a solid Han/Leia foundation. Han and Leia are a great romance. Sure, they give each other crap and argue a lot and they don't start out liking each other, but the most important part of their relationship to me is they begin as equals. Further, they are equals who challenge one another and grow together.

Agreed. Also, Rey is strong like Leia and doesn't take crap from Kylo, while Kylo is very much like Anakin which is, IMO, great combo. Rey calls Kylo out on his bullsith. "You are a monstah" is exactly what Kylo needed to hear after killing Han and, while Anakin could be somewhat excused for slaughtering all Tuskens including children with red mist due to his mother's death, "to be angry is to be human" was 100% wrong response that Padme game him. Especially since he confessed in order to get some scolding or even punishment.

Kylo's feelings about Rey in a nutshell. He definitely began to love her here

Kylo's lineage and romances that created him (Anidala, Hanleia) Tumblr_o50x6x2T221uqyagpo1_250

This is right after she's blasted a hole into the wall and ordered everyone to jump into a garbage chute while insulting them, mind you. Leia doesn't take crap from anyone, let alone a couple of presumptuous men there to rescue her, and even if it fruatrates him Han digs that.

And that was right after Rey called legacy LS which is humiliating/insulting to Kylo when you think about it, especially coming after she read his deepest fear. And yet...weak and foolish like his father, Kylo fell in love. Twisted Evil

They say men grow up to marry their mother. Very Happy But seriously, this is also the dynamic I appreciate with Kylo and Rey. Sure, he has that trademark Skywalker fascination with her, but I see more Solo there. He's intrigued by her, but his real infatuation comes when she challenges him, from the time she calls his lightsaber to her to her handing him his butt on a platter. That boy has got it bad. And how does he respond to her calling his legacy lightsaber? By meeting her as an equal. By offering to teach her, because she DOES need a teacher and he sees her as a worthy opponent and formidable ally.

truth is, Anakin and Han aren;t that different when it comes to falling in love and poor Kylo can't escape either genes. Laughing
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Sun 03 Apr 2016, 9:58 am

vaderito wrote:There's too much Vader in him:

Kylo's lineage and romances that created him (Anidala, Hanleia) Anakin

Kylo's lineage and romances that created him (Anidala, Hanleia) Tumblr_o43q8qvNee1v4q2hwo1_1280

He was weak and foolish like his father:

Kylo's lineage and romances that created him (Anidala, Hanleia) Tumblr_n676zfjxU01rko26yo1_250

Kylo's lineage and romances that created him (Anidala, Hanleia) Tumblr_inline_o4z2se81lN1s8iw9h_500

Kylo's lineage and romances that created him (Anidala, Hanleia) Hu27pj
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sun 03 Apr 2016, 10:05 am

spacebaby45678 wrote:

That's brilliant and sums up why Reylo is the next big SW romance. There may be another (FinnTran likelier than Storm Pilot) but Reylo will be THE romance. It also has the grandson/son of the previous legendary couples.

I don't think the line was a coincidence in this movie full of intentional callbacks.

@Maria Antoinetta Dat image with the rose. Laughing Sums up Kylo in that scene.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes Sun 03 Apr 2016, 10:35 am

vaderito wrote:
MeadowofAshes wrote:I'm on board with reverse Anidala. I doubt the line "This will begin to make things right" was just a not-so-subtle dig at the prequels. I really think they're also foreshading reverse Anidala making the prequels romance right.

Totally. The dig is ever so unsubtle which is why we got lots of reversed moments from TP. As someone said, Kylo's Anakin done right.

Agreed. Also, Rey is strong like Leia and doesn't take crap from Kylo, while Kylo is very much like Anakin which is, IMO, great combo. Rey calls Kylo out on his bullsith. "You are a monstah" is exactly what Kylo needed to hear after killing Han and, while Anakin could be somewhat excused for slaughtering all Tuskens including children with red mist due to his mother's death, "to be angry is to be human" was 100% wrong response that Padme game him. Especially since he confessed in order to get some scolding or even punishment.

Kylo's feelings about Rey in a nutshell. He definitely began to love her here

Kylo's lineage and romances that created him (Anidala, Hanleia) Tumblr_o50x6x2T221uqyagpo1_250

And that was right after Rey called legacy LS which is humiliating/insulting to Kylo when you think about it, especially coming after she read his deepest fear. And yet...weak and foolish like his father, Kylo fell in love.  Twisted Evil

truth is, Anakin and Han aren;t that different when it comes to falling in love and poor Kylo can't escape either genes. Laughing

This is why I dislike both Anakin and Padme as characters. There are too many red flags to count but Padme for some reason I cannot fathom falls for the guy. And she enables him with lines like that, that's the worst part. He's a raging narcissist and egomaniac and she throws him a pity party for slaughtering a village of people including women and children. (Then completely gives up on life when she has two new children to care for - get outta here). This is a point of contention betwen my mother and I; she sees Padme as a victim and feels sorry for her. I see Padme as a willfully blind enabler and she irritates the hell out of me. I'm glad Rey is more like Leia.

And speaking of my mother, I was explaining all the signs of Reylo after we watched TFA the other day. Anyway, she was asking about Ben Solo, what made him turn, etc. And conversation came around to how Rey and Kylo/Ben are two sides of the same coin, she brings out compassion in him, he was "weak and foolish like his father", his family really takes to Rey and my interpretation is she probably reminds them a lot of Ben when he was a boy. So from this information we can glean that Ben Solo was a compassionate individual. Indeed, he is "weak and foolish" with his compassion and I think there's a component of Rey reminding him of the boy/young man he has tried to destroy.

MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes Sun 03 Apr 2016, 11:07 am

Oh here's another Solo parallel. Han tells Finn women always find out the truth. Always. Sounds like something he learned from experience and probably a grain of wisdom imparted to his son. Now I contend there are already things to like about Kylo or that at least make him endearing - his mother's dry humor, his father's smirk (in fact, he seems his most likeable when he lets his family traits come through), but even if these don't endear one even reluctantly to Kylo, the one thing he really does have going for him is integrity. Snoke is the only character he lies, very poorly, to. He is honest with Rey. An interrogator would never tell a prisoner they have no idea where their friends are - they would say they've captured their friends and they've already given some information so the prisoner may as well confess. Or that they have their friends and if the prisoner doesn't talk their friends will get hurt. With Rey, Kylo has integrity, therefore we can assume Ben Solo has integrity. Indeed, as Pablo said, his bloodline is what makes Kylo interesting. When you start to notice all the traits that can probably be attributed to Ben Solo and therefore Ben's family, Kylo does become highly interesting.

MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sun 03 Apr 2016, 12:19 pm

@MedowofAshes

This is why I dislike both Anakin and Padme as characters. There are too many red flags to count but Padme for some reason I cannot fathom falls for the guy. And she enables him with lines like that, that's the worst part. He's a raging narcissist and egomaniac and she throws him a pity party for slaughtering a village of people including women and children. (Then completely gives up on life when she has two new children to care for - get outta here).

Padme knew Anakin since he was a cute little boy who had to leave his mother behind, and I think that she never shook off that image, which is very sympathetic image, until the very end. So it's possible that, when Anakin confessed about Sand People massacre, she didn't really believe him and thought he was only venting his grief and frustration:

After all, Rey saw Kylo kill his father and she knew Kylo only as her abductor and interrogator. So no reason to disbelieve or make mental excuses. OTOH, Padme knew Anakin as a sweet kid and young man of integrity, and this was only a very emotionally charged account of something that she didn't witness and didn't seem in character for the person she knew. So I think that her inadequate response was partly because she had doubts that he actually did it, like, "OK, he's very upset, understandably so, and I'll let him blow steam".

And speaking of my mother, I was explaining all the signs of Reylo after we watched TFA the other day. Anyway, she was asking about Ben Solo, what made him turn, etc. And conversation came around to how Rey and Kylo/Ben are two sides of the same coin, she brings out compassion in him, he was "weak and foolish like his father", his family really takes to Rey and my interpretation is she probably reminds them a lot of Ben when he was a boy. So from this information we can glean that Ben Solo was a compassionate individual. Indeed, he is "weak and foolish" with his compassion and I think there's a component of Rey reminding him of the boy/young man he has tried to destroy.

I totally read that when Rey was showing off as a skilled MF pilot, Han was reminded of Ben. And Kylo definitely meant compassion = weak and foolish.

Oh here's another Solo parallel. Han tells Finn women always find out the truth. Always. Sounds like something he learned from experience and probably a grain of wisdom imparted to his son. Now I contend there are already things to like about Kylo or that at least make him endearing - his mother's dry humor, his father's smirk (in fact, he seems his most likeable when he lets his family traits come through), but even if these don't endear one even reluctantly to Kylo, the one thing he really does have going for him is integrity. Snoke is the only character he lies, very poorly, to. He is honest with Rey. An interrogator would never tell a prisoner they have no idea where their friends are - they would say they've captured their friends and they've already given some information so the prisoner may as well confess. Or that they have their friends and if the prisoner doesn't talk their friends will get hurt. With Rey, Kylo has integrity, therefore we can assume Ben Solo has integrity. Indeed, as Pablo said, his bloodline is what makes Kylo interesting. When you start to notice all the traits that can probably be attributed to Ben Solo and therefore Ben's family, Kylo does become highly interesting.

Agreed and that's a great observation. It's also helluva tough job to bring this character to life, because there are several legacy characters that he has to resemble in various degrees. It's actually really interesting that he is such Solo during interrogation where one would expect him to be more like Anakin despite visual cues:

Infamous scene where Anakin Force chokes Padme (there are several angles of Anakin with stretched hand that was heavily mirrored in interrogation). This is where intimacy and bond between Anakin and Padme ends:

Kylo's lineage and romances that created him (Anidala, Hanleia) Anakin-choking-padme

and (very intentionally) corresponding scene in TFA where intimacy and bond between Rey and Kylo begins:

Kylo's lineage and romances that created him (Anidala, Hanleia) Tumblr_o50aurxLEH1v7o9alo2_540

Yet despite ROTS mirroring, the scene is also mirroring Han and Leia on Bespin with Kylo invading Rey's private space with infamous Solo staring at lips and smirking:

Kylo's lineage and romances that created him (Anidala, Hanleia) Tumblr_o4k9zqZGBm1rszoo3o3_r1_250

Kylo's lineage and romances that created him (Anidala, Hanleia) Tumblr_o4k9zqZGBm1rszoo3o4_r1_250
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes Sun 03 Apr 2016, 1:37 pm

@vaderito It's possible she didn't believe him, but she puts on some serious blinders considering the other red flags he brings to the table. His manipulative line about the "kiss she never should have given him". He instigated the kiss and he's trying to guilt trip her into a relationship. I dunno, he is just so off-putting to me it's hard to imagine wearing the cute kid Anakin goggles for that long. I will say this, Anidala is a fantastic cautionary tale for my kids in choosing suitors!

And really nice catches with mirroring between movies! I'm great within the same movie, but I don't even think of scenes from the others.

MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Sun 03 Apr 2016, 2:29 pm

There is another weird angle I thought of.....Anakin was deeply attached to his mother Shmi but he gets separated from her and subsequently she is brutally murdered...He falls for Padme who is older than him, and Like Shmi, is caring and had dark hair.

Kylo's lineage and romances that created him (Anidala, Hanleia) Elegido01

Kylo's lineage and romances that created him (Anidala, Hanleia) Anakinandpadme1

Then we have Leia, who was devoted to her stepfather Bail Organa. Bail Organa was a tall and charming man who held to create the Rebel group, risking his life to oppose the Imperials. He dies when Vader blows up Alderaan in front of Leia's eyes (again a brutal death). Leia falls for the first tall, charismatic and rebellious guy to cross her path i.e. Han Solo.

Kylo's lineage and romances that created him (Anidala, Hanleia) 349px-GoodbyeAlderaan-SWGS6

Kylo's lineage and romances that created him (Anidala, Hanleia) Article%20Lead%20-%20narrow1003847344glltbjimage.related.articleLeadNarrow.353x0.glnxkg.png1450187316575.jpg-300x0

Now we have Kylo Ren. I think his attachment is to Leia. (he doesn't even allow Snoke to complete the sentence where he mentions Leia). There is a rumor that Leia is going to be gravely injured in Episode 8.....Leia is strong willed, dark haired and force sensitive....now I wonder who else matches that description? What a Face

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sun 03 Apr 2016, 4:09 pm

@panki Great ideas, especially Leia-Bail-Han. As for Padme and Anakin, I've been hearing about mother-son angle but that kind of doesn't work because Anakin fell in love with Padme while he was still with his mother. Remember:

There were girls his age in the Tatooine outpost where he lived, and they thought he was a loser for dreaming about winning the pod race but never coming even close. But they were blonde so there's definitely some "like my mom" attraction going on. I'm not sure that was the essence of their relationship. I rewatched TPM just now and it's hard to tell because Ani and Padme didn't have that many essential scenes together. he has an instant crush, tries to impress her by showing her unfinished 3PO, she comforts him when he's cold and missing his mom. That's about it. He spends more time with Qui Gonn including this true Skywalker moment when Ani is gazing at the stars wondering if Qui Gonn has visited all of them:

Kylo's lineage and romances that created him (Anidala, Hanleia) 1892076_orig

There's no question that star gazer from @Sforza scoop is Ben. Gazing at celestial objects runs in the family:

@MedowofAshes

It's possible she didn't believe him, but she puts on some serious blinders considering the other red flags he brings to the table. His manipulative line about the "kiss she never should have given him". He instigated the kiss and he's trying to guilt trip her into a relationship. I dunno, he is just so off-putting to me it's hard to imagine wearing the cute kid Anakin goggles for that long. I will say this, Anidala is a fantastic cautionary tale for my kids in choosing suitors!

Well, love IS blind. She loved Anakin really that much that she didn't think he could ever turn dark. Also, agree 100% that he guilt-tripped her over the kiss that he instigated. So goggles and her sympathy for him ran high. But that's Padme. She was always extremely sympathetic. This is an interesting moment:

Kylo's lineage and romances that created him (Anidala, Hanleia) Star-wars-the-phantom-menace-760

She kneels before Gunguns to show that she doesn't feel greater than them. So it could be that Kylo kneeled before Rey to show her that he didn't feel greater than she even with "you...a scavenger" remark (which didn't sound smug, more curious than anything else).
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sforza Sun 03 Apr 2016, 4:55 pm

Kylo's lineage and romances that created him (Anidala, Hanleia) Screen11
Hearts are already here. <3
Sforza
Sforza
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Sun 03 Apr 2016, 5:04 pm

Kylo's lineage and romances that created him (Anidala, Hanleia) 2wch5ya

The Solo/Skywalker seduction has started
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Mon 04 Apr 2016, 5:24 am

Epic romance certainly runs strong in Kylo's family Very Happy

Prior to re-watching ESB recently, I've only seen it once about 18 years ago, so I got a whole new appreciation for Han and Leia's romance. They were a damn hot couple.

There are certainly interesting callbacks between Rey/Kylo and Padme/Anakin, but I think that what both Rey/Kylo and Han/Leia have that Padme/Anakin doesn't is a sense of equality. Han and Leia had a significant age gap, but she was very much a grown woman (not a girl) and he was a grown man (not a boy). Whereas Rey and Kylo, despite their age gap, are equal in an opposite way - they're both stunted and childlike. Padme/Anakin never made any sense to me because it paired what's supposed to be a sophisticated, mature woman who's rubbed shoulders with politicians and royalty with some immature whiny twerp.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 04 Apr 2016, 5:45 am

Anyone seen this little interesting meta? It discusses both the Anakin/Padme and the Han/Leia romance and how it parallels with Reylo.

https://noodlekuki.tumblr.com/post/142193876569/a-reylo-prediction-sw-parallels

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Mon 04 Apr 2016, 8:31 pm

AppleCrumble122 wrote:Anyone seen this little interesting meta? It discusses both the Anakin/Padme and the Han/Leia romance and how it parallels with Reylo.

https://noodlekuki.tumblr.com/post/142193876569/a-reylo-prediction-sw-parallels
@AppleCrumble122

I love this meta!

For each couple, there are a few parallels:
1) There are obstacles to overcome or odds against them.
Anidala- the Jedi Order is against falling in love/getting married, something that keeps Anakin and Padme from giving in to their emotions until the end of AotC.
Hanleia- Leia and Han do not get along at first and she stubbornly treats him like the no-good, dirty scoundrel he acts out to be until he finally convinces Leia to admit her true feelings.
Prediction!Reylo- this pairing faces the strongest obstacles, what with their current adversarial relationship. Not only are they kept apart by their respective sides of conflict, but possible feelings will be difficult to cope with as a result. It’s pretty clear that Kylo Ren/Ben has a fixation on Rey, which causes him to struggle between his path to the dark side and inner light. As for Rey, she is connected to him, like it or not, and I believe that she will have to confront this in the future. In fact, this ship is something of a mixture of both previous ships, having the forbidden aspect of Anidala and the repressed feelings of Hanleia.

Perfectly said! Bolded is so on the money.

2) There are implications in the first of each trilogy that the pairing may come to fruition later on and, interestingly enough, each initiated by the man.
Anidala- From the moment they meet in The Phantom Menace, Anakin is enamored by Padme, even mistaking her for an angel. Years later, when they encounter again, he is driven by a passionate desire that Padme tries to shut down, but eventually admits to, herself.
Hanleia- In A New Hope, Han and Leia are quickly polarizing one another, but even then Han admits that he may be starting to like her and asks Luke what he thinks about the idea of him being with Leia. Later, he encourages her to lower her defenses and quit pretending that she dislikes him so much, leading to her giving in to their first kiss.
Prediction!Reylo- In The Force Awakens, the two are clearly enemies, yet a strange tension lingers about every encounter, mostly due to Kylo.

Makes sense cause his grandfather and father initiated previous romances. I think that Rey will have the upper hand when it comes to kissing. That's her call.

Also, SW never had this:

Kylo's lineage and romances that created him (Anidala, Hanleia) Tumblr_o4yo9ea1881v1l65no2_500

Kylo's lineage and romances that created him (Anidala, Hanleia) Tumblr_o4yo9ea1881v1l65no1_500

vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Tue 05 Apr 2016, 2:57 am

Interesting thread. I have been thinking about this subject a lot of lately.

The starting point was Han s statement: There is too much Vader in him.
And somehow, having in mind Han s tendency to simplify the things (from the day one litteraly (OT) I came to conclusion that this statement is completely wrong.
It can be interpreted as truthful only on the surface level (the dark side). Deep down Kylo is more Han than everybody else (i.e. Skywalkers).

I also tend to interpret killing off Han as a vain attempt to kill off Han in himself. We saw later on that Kylo did not succed being overpowered by Rey in a typical Solo s "weakness".

I am still curious about Leia and Kylo...despite obvious mother - son relation, I think there s more to it. Hopefully Bloodline book would give us some more info on the subject.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Tue 05 Apr 2016, 5:42 am

Darth_Awakened wrote:Interesting thread. I have been thinking about this subject a lot of lately.

The starting point was Han s statement: There is too much Vader in him.
And somehow, having in mind Han s tendency to simplify the things (from the day one litteraly (OT) I came to conclusion that this statement is completely wrong.
It can be interpreted as truthful only on the surface level (the dark side). Deep down Kylo is more Han than everybody else (i.e. Skywalkers).

Ironically, Kylo simplified Ben as "weak and foolish like his father". When you filter out obvious bias (weak + foolish) you get "he was...like his father"). Ha!

I also tend to interpret killing off Han as a vain attempt to kill off Han in himself. We saw later on that Kylo did not succed being overpowered by Rey in a typical Solo s "weakness".

Oh for sure. From Kylo's POV, Ben Solo = Han so kill Han = destroy Ben. But that was egg in Kylo's face. It's actually quite irritating when people refuse to see the brilliance of that scene. Han's act of compassion thwarts the evil plan to destroy Ben in Kylo but, no, they don't want to see it. They think that straight up evilness is better and somehow validates Han's sacrifice more. Rolling Eyes

I am still curious about Leia and Kylo...despite obvious mother - son relation, I think there s more to it. Hopefully Bloodline book would give us some more info on the subject.
@Darth_Awakened

Considering that Kylo loves his grandfather Vader and it appears that the public turned against "Vader's daughter", he should be supportive. But we'll see. The book will be an interesting reveal about Kylo's family.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France Tue 04 Oct 2016, 10:04 am

Not sure if this would be the appropriate thread to post them, but I fell across a couple of really interesting videos explaining why the Hanleia romance worked so well while Anidala didn't. It's worth the watch, really Wink

This Youtuber made a couple of other videos on Star Wars: I haven't checked them out yet, but I will. I like her videos in general, they're really interesting Wink
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Tue 04 Oct 2016, 2:40 pm

Irina de France wrote:Not sure if this would be the appropriate thread to post them, but I fell across a couple of really interesting videos explaining why the Hanleia romance worked so well while Anidala didn't. It's worth the watch, really ;)
@Irina de France

All in the writing. Han & Leia were originally written by Leigh Brackett, who among other things wrote for Howard Hawks. Their dynamic was meant to be like the screwball comedies from the Golden Age of Hollywood. When Lawrence Kasdan took over the screenplay after her death, he kept it in that spirit

Han and Leia in ESB seem an awful lot like another classic in the genre, It Happened One Night

As for the other, it was written by George Lucas - who as Roger Ebert said can write love scenes with the depth and passion of a greeting card.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvia Snow Tue 04 Oct 2016, 4:34 pm

vaderito wrote:@panki Great ideas, especially Leia-Bail-Han. As for Padme and Anakin, I've been hearing about mother-son angle but that kind of doesn't work because Anakin fell in love with Padme while he was still with his mother. Remember:

@vaderito

A part of me really want to see Kylo's version of "Are you an angel" with Rey, in my mind he would definitely choose the worse timing to flirt or trying to impress her
Sylvia Snow
Sylvia Snow
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Tue 04 Oct 2016, 6:45 pm

@Sylvia Snow

This is his "Are you an angel?"

Kylo's lineage and romances that created him (Anidala, Hanleia) Tumblr_inline_o56ab9dm5b1qj5ljh_1280

Kylo's lineage and romances that created him (Anidala, Hanleia) Gabriel-visits-mary

Kylo's lineage and romances that created him (Anidala, Hanleia) Joseph-and-the-angel

@Irina de France Yes, this would be the proper thread for that discussion. I'll watch tomorrow and let you know.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next