Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rey's Lineage Discussion II

+67
Gemlake
LesCousinsDangereux
Lucina
bashfulblueeyes3
Starliteprism
Atenais
Kylo Rey
Lily Snape
LadyHa
Kessel
Casper
Rei of Sunshine
rawpowah
Kylo Men
BigDeal2187
DeeBee
Night Huntress
Moonlight13
nite0wl29
BenSoloLives
lauvamp
SanghaRen
MrsWindu
BenOrgana
rey09
Darth Rowan
darthbutterfingers
EchoBase
creepi0
AceofWands
Geralt_Riv
fuhry
Acritiqua
Piper Maru
spacebaby45678
snufkin
Irina de France
SoloSideCousin
SkyStar
Darth Dementor
Pyro Nebula
ReyofLightSide
Darth_Awakened
SheLitAFire
TheBastardofMandalore
ISeeAnIsland
Mana
Saracene
Reylo Lemon
Helix
CienaRee
vaderito
MyOnlyHope
Darth Dingbat
Rimfaxe96
FrolickingFizzgig
panki
ZioRen
BastilaBey
IoJovi
kroi
Xylo Ren
MeadowofAshes
MindAndMagic
reylo1992
Gemini
Rogue Rey
71 posters

Page 1 of 31 1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next

Go down

Rey's Lineage Discussion II Empty Rey's Lineage Discussion II

Post by Rogue Rey Sat 21 Jan 2017, 6:10 am

I think I'm leaning toward Rey having been born and raised on Jakku.  It's just the kid Rey is wearing desert looking clothes and doesn't look overly horrified or terrified of Plutt - so I'd guessing that he wasn't particularly a stranger to her.

I'm not however saying that Rey's parents were scavengers - maybe they were, maybe they weren't, we'll see Smile

I just think Jakku is Rey's birth planet as well as her home world.
Rogue Rey
Rogue Rey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Rey's Lineage Discussion II Empty Re: Rey's Lineage Discussion II

Post by panki Sat 21 Jan 2017, 1:00 pm

Speaking of costumes, Rey's costume as a child is near identical to the Nightbrother costume in TCW.....particularly in the episode where Asajj Ventress undertakes the Trial of Fury and defeats 6 Nightbrother clan leaders to become a Nightsister assassin. The trial of fury is a battle conducted in an arena called the Crucible. Nightsisters and Nightbrothers undergo this trial to be considered warriors.

PH also confirmed that Rey was in a battle dress in her force vision, which makes me wonder whether she was either part of the Nightsister clan or a similar dark witch group before being abandoned (whether from Jakku or another planet). The Nightsisters can be Zabrak, human or a hybrid of both so Rey could be a witch but still be human as well.

Rey's tunic and cropped pants looks just like the costume of the Nightbrothers in TCW (check out the images of the Nightbrothers in the background).

Rey's Lineage Discussion II 5422287501_9de0fc0584_b

Rey's Lineage Discussion II Youngrey-640980

Then the fabric wrapped around her resembles the fabric a Nightsister Initiate would wear (Ventress wears a variation of this in TCW as a bounty hunter)

Rey's Lineage Discussion II Tumblr_m37mgkDqN61r3kvzio1_500

Nightsisters also wear wraps along their arms to protect their arms when they use weapons like energy bows.

Rey's Lineage Discussion II Latest?cb=20131022182255

Nightsisters in TCW also have fabric criss crossing down their legs as well.

Rey's Lineage Discussion II 385acb5e7ea3476ab5dc5591403bb811

Rey's Lineage Discussion II 23e3226547da6f45665cc29e32bfd97c

And going by legends, her costume is very similar to Nightsister concept art and a cuter/less revealing version of Nightsister Mighella's costume (barring the scary face paint).

Rey's Lineage Discussion II Latest?cb=20100115171519

Rey's Lineage Discussion II 5028016-5122471774-90989 Mighella

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Sun 29 Jan 2017, 7:46 am

pig

Last edited by spacebaby45678 on Wed 15 Feb 2017, 9:57 am; edited 1 time in total
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Rey's Lineage Discussion II Empty lineage related

Post by Gemini Sun 29 Jan 2017, 7:58 am

@spacebaby45678

Has he ever flat out debunked korkie being her father yet? He must have been asked so many times.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru Sun 29 Jan 2017, 8:27 am

She doesn't need to a Skywalker for this to work. Actually, in this kind of story, it would be soooo corny and predictable if she is a Skywalker.

If she was a powerful or relevant child, Luke and Ben could've been looking for her for reasons unknown. Maybe she was abandoned because they were very close to finding her? Maybe Luke had bigger plans for her in the academy and someone didn't want this to happen?

Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Sun 29 Jan 2017, 9:23 am

Piper Maru wrote:She doesn't need to a Skywalker for this to work. Actually, in this kind of story, it would be soooo corny and predictable if she is a Skywalker.

If she was a powerful or relevant child, Luke and Ben could've been looking for her for reasons unknown. Maybe she was abandoned because they were very close to finding her? Maybe Luke had bigger plans for her in the academy and someone didn't want this to happen?

@Piper Maru

The implication after Kylo receives his scar is that she is NOT a Skywalker/Solo.... Debbie is one of Scars wives when Ethan and Martin find her so initially she does not want to return. Rey is not a random Space/Force goddess who Kylo and Luke are looking for, she is someone they care about some one who is like family. The only person outside of the Skywalkers who is like family to the Skywalkers is Obi Wan.

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Sun 29 Jan 2017, 9:29 am

Gemini wrote:
@spacebaby45678

Has he ever flat out debunked korkie being her father yet? He must have been asked so many times.
@Gemini

Nope, and Korkie is nowhere to be found at the moment even though Sabine did mention a Mandalorian Throne during this seasons Rebels episode Imperial Commandos.
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Sun 29 Jan 2017, 10:39 am

spacebaby45678 wrote:Writer-director J.J. Abrams has recently said that, before he started shooting The Force Awakens, he watched John Ford Westerns and Kurosawa’s 1963 High and Low.
http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/cover_story/2015/12/star_wars_is_a_pastiche_how_george_lucas_combined_flash_gordon_westerns.html

Both movies of a kidnapped child. Notice JJ does not reveal which John Ford movie he watched in particular, but we already know which John Ford western the Star Wars Saga has taken major themes from and actual scenes.

John Fords the Searchers. George Lucas has used The Searches as the  emotional turning point/pivotal of the protagonist/hero in both the OT & PT. For Luke in ANH it is when he returns home to find his Uncle & Aunt killed by storm troopers. This precipitates Luke's turning to light side to learn the ways of the force and become a Jedi

A New Hope
Rey's Lineage Discussion II 151211_CBOX_Star-Wars-Searchers.gif.CROP.original-original
Rey's Lineage Discussion II Tumblr_okjmr5oBEE1v3o2r3o1_540

Attack of the Clones
For Anakin it is when he returns home to find his mother has been kidnapped by Sand People and she dies. This precipitates Anakins turn to the Darkside

Rey's Lineage Discussion II 5a15ff56476820faceb111d4021e9378
Rey's Lineage Discussion II Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ67cfceOfSZDuiICp8s49hrV6xEyIE0mkP93vQCYNg968yQ8CXcg
Rey's Lineage Discussion II Tumblr_inline_oidfgtpFw11r2b8tr_500
Rey's Lineage Discussion II Tumblr_inline_oidfh4DWxu1r2b8tr_500
Rey's Lineage Discussion II Tumblr_inline_oidfhxXL591r2b8tr_500
Rey's Lineage Discussion II CKsOHLYUsAAv2SF

The Force Awakens

Rey is a seemingly "abandoned child living in a graveyard"  Or is she kidnapped like Debbie in The Searchers? Notice Debbie hides in a graveyard.

Rey's Lineage Discussion II Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR_7lcEr3cY2-mV5BUSn-dAS_oUsKdWwj1hUyquhHUViu_5QUnuLA
Rey's Lineage Discussion II Tumblr_inline_o64u9khajB1qjtxsg_540

The moment Rey meets again with Luke is mirrored when Ethan finds a grown up Debbie.

Rey's Lineage Discussion II 007-Martin-Protects-Debbie-The-Searchers-1956
Rey's Lineage Discussion II Latest?cb=20160215152959

So what do we know

Uncle Luke & Nephew Ben, are out of contact with Leia for some years, we don't know exactly what it is they are doing in the years prior to Ben's fall to the dark side
In The Searchers Uncle Ethan played by John Wayne and His Adopted Nephew Martin spend years searching for little Debbie. Are Ben & Luke searching for someone who has previously been kidnapped.

When Ethan and Martin find the girl, Ethan wants to Kill her because she has become acculturated to the Comanche people and their ways, but Martin won't let him. now an adolescent (Natalie Wood), living as one of Scar's wives. She tells the men that she has become a Comanche, and wishes to remain with them. ( Some spoilers lead us to believe that everything on Ach-to wants to kill Rey)

Scar and Martin are mirror images of each other both darkskinned with blue eyes, both men are mixed one part Cherokee and one part Comanche, with European. In this world being of mixed blood leaves you inexorably in both worlds, like Kylo a tipping point for both the light and the dark.

Rey's Lineage Discussion II 8de3dca0e8fd3aabbbedca5339960cea
Rey's Lineage Discussion II O-SCAR-570

Kylo's has a scar because he is Scar
Rey's Lineage Discussion II Tumblr_o4o6sqpWKm1qzdxj0o1_1280

So what does this tell us about Rey's lineage? If anything at all. You could say from this information she is a Solo or Skywalker... but this!

Kylo has complicated things....

Rey's Lineage Discussion II Reylo-by-fuckyeahrey-tumblr-kylo-ren-and-rey-39182863-268-140

So is she some random child that Kylo & Luke where looking for? Is she a descendant of Palpatine? Would Luke care? Or is she a Kenobi descendant that Luke would feel obligated and willing to look for, someone almost like family?

Rey's Lineage Discussion II Tumblr_o8j5zvArLa1v3o2r3o2_540

It is  you?
@spacebaby45678

What an awasome analysis! Unless the idea that Rey would be the lost Skywalker/Solo child, I follow your suppositions completely. From the novelization, Luke and Ben are indeed the only persons who seem to recognize Rey.

Ben: It is you!

Luke: He doesn't need to ask who she is [...] His look says it all
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MindAndMagic Sun 29 Jan 2017, 7:27 pm

"Luke Skywalker? I thought he was a myth." Debunk number 100000000+

Rey's Lineage Discussion II Screen38

Rey's Lineage Discussion II Screen39

And, yes, she picked up the mind trick from Kylo. Wink

Last edited by Queen of the Knights on Sun 29 Jan 2017, 7:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
MindAndMagic
MindAndMagic
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes Sun 29 Jan 2017, 7:29 pm

There are stubborn factions of the fandom who refuse to see it. Not saying this one is - they might be new. But anything that reeks of mental connection is a no-go for some.

MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren Sun 29 Jan 2017, 7:38 pm

So Pablo is saying that she has some images and/or memories of her parents or else she wouldn't know who to wait for. This makes sense, especially if Leia could "remember" images of Padme (lol). Basically she would've recognized Luke when she handed him the lightsaber had he been her father. And if Leia was her mother (lol x2) she would've recognized her when they hugged. (Mommy!)

And YAY WE KNEW SHE GOT SOMETHING FROM KYLO. This is going to play a HUGE role in their relationship and the Force plot going forward! Amazing!!! Claps Lolilol Thumbs up
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by kroi Sun 29 Jan 2017, 7:41 pm

Queen of the Knights wrote:"Luke Skywalker? I thought he was a myth." Debunk number 100000000+

Rey's Lineage Discussion II Screen38

Rey's Lineage Discussion II Screen39

And, yes, she picked up the mind trick from Kylo. Wink
@Queen of the Knights

Beat me to it!!! Very Happy
kroi
kroi
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 29 Jan 2017, 7:56 pm

Xylo Ren wrote:So Pablo is saying that she has some images and/or memories of her parents or else she wouldn't know who to wait for. This makes sense, especially if Leia could "remember" images of Padme (lol). Basically she would've recognized Luke when she handed him the lightsaber had he been her father. And if Leia was her mother (lol x2) she would've recognized her when they hugged. (Mommy!)

Yep! It makes sense. She might not remember much, but she has enough of an idea of what her parents looked like so she'd recognize them. And she's made an effort to keep herself recognizable to them as well by not changing her hairstyle since childhood.

And YAY WE KNEW SHE GOT SOMETHING FROM KYLO. This is going to play a HUGE role in their relationship and the Force plot going forward! Amazing!!! Claps Lolilol Thumbs up
@Xylo Ren

Lol agreed! I'm excited especially by the wording; we know Pablo has confirmed before that she learned the mind trick from Kylo, but he now says she picked up a "few things" - plural, implying there could be more that she learned from him. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 29 Jan 2017, 8:03 pm

I geeked out when I read that. I'm fairly sure she's either a Kenobi or someone especially significant to the Galaxy, but this pretty much sets things straight with her not being related to the Skywalkers. Also, with the comment above, last night we re-watched SWTFA, and I had a thought as Rey was using the mind trick and Kylo Ren left Snoke, storming the corridors to go retrieve her; what if he was somehow sending her instructions mentally on what to do, like he told her telepathically or somehow suggested it through the force to use the mind trick to escape, because he didn't want to take her to Snoke? Just a thought. But I am so stoked PH said that!

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes Sun 29 Jan 2017, 8:15 pm

RandomObserver wrote:I geeked out when I read that. I'm fairly sure she's either a Kenobi or someone especially significant to the Galaxy, but this pretty much sets things straight with her not being related to the Skywalkers. Also, with the comment above, last night we re-watched SWTFA, and I had a thought as Rey was using the mind trick and Kylo Ren left Snoke, storming the corridors to go retrieve her; what if he was somehow sending her instructions mentally on what to do, like he told her telepathically or somehow suggested it through the force to use the mind trick to escape, because he didn't want to take her to Snoke? Just a thought. But I am so stoked PH said that!
@RandomObserver

I don't know about Kylo sending her escape tips, but I have no doubt that's how he knew she planned on stealing a ship. They picked things up from each other. I'm stoked about the "future ramifications"; no reason to have the "ways of the Force" moment if we don't see that used again. Imagine the powers we'll see with their minds combined!

MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 29 Jan 2017, 8:26 pm

JJ Abrams: Rey didn't discover her parents in Episode 7.
+
Pablo Hidalgo: I would think she'd recognize [her parents].
=
Rey's parents were not in Episode 7.

Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Sun 29 Jan 2017, 8:31 pm

I've lost count at how many times Pablo has debunked Reywalker, but it never fails to put a smile on my face Every. Single. Time.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Rey's Lineage Discussion II Empty Lineage related

Post by BastilaBey Sun 29 Jan 2017, 8:50 pm

Apologies if this has been posted already, just thought it worth sharing.

Rey's Lineage Discussion II Screen15
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Sun 29 Jan 2017, 8:54 pm

Pablo: (Insert Reywalker/Rey Solo wreckage here. Rinse, repeat.)

Also Pablo: Random Reylo shipper asks for a hint to see if what they saw wasn't in their head. "We'll see, won't we!!"

Summary: It's not hard at all to figure out where this story is going...
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru Sun 29 Jan 2017, 9:14 pm

I hated the Reywalker theory ever since I've read it on the internet, but I admit I was having doubts about it and afraid of them pulling this crap in the last minute.

These tweets made my day Very Happy
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Sun 29 Jan 2017, 9:31 pm

Oh Pablo. I saw someone on Reddit claim that Pablo just wanted to blurt out that of COURSE Rey is a Skywalker so people would be quiet. And I was just like, are you kidding? Pablo is one of the main sources of Reywalker wreckage. If you're a Reywalker believer, at BEST Pablo is someone who throws in monkey wrenches to keep theorists on their toes. At worst, he's flat out telling you you're wrong.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru Sun 29 Jan 2017, 9:35 pm

ZioRen wrote:Oh Pablo. I saw someone on Reddit claim that Pablo just wanted to blurt out that of COURSE Rey is a Skywalker so people would be quiet. And I was just like, are you kidding? Pablo is one of the main sources of Reywalker wreckage.
@ZioRen

If Rey was a Skywalker, it would be easier to just say that and put this info on trailers and promo material. It would be such a boring and predictable narrative that we wouldn't need any suspense behind it.

I bet people would still watch the movie just to see how it would play out - especially the fanboys.
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Sun 29 Jan 2017, 10:12 pm

BastilaBey wrote:Apologies if this has been posted already, just thought it worth sharing.

@BastilaBey

I find this tweet really interesting, especially when read with a couple of lines from Aftermath where some children being taken to an imperial academy are asked to go back home by rebels after the Empire falls:

“Home isn’t anywhere, then. My parents kicked my can down the road and moved on when I wasn’t looking. Went off to be nomads somewhere."

and

“You sure stick your nose in it, don’t you, kid?”
“Maybe that’s why my parents fixed to get rid of me.”

Looks like parents leaving children behind and taking off wasn't unheard of in the GFFA. It makes sense for Rey's ethnicity to not be defined in casting if her parents were just some random people who dumped her with Unkar Plutt and went off....it also explains Maz's lines about the people she is waiting for never coming back.

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Sun 29 Jan 2017, 10:34 pm

panki wrote:
BastilaBey wrote:Apologies if this has been posted already, just thought it worth sharing.

@BastilaBey

I find this tweet really interesting, especially when read with a couple of lines from Aftermath where some children being taken to an imperial academy are asked to go back home by rebels after the Empire falls:

“Home isn’t anywhere, then. My parents kicked my can down the road and moved on when I wasn’t looking. Went off to be nomads somewhere."

and

“You sure stick your nose in it, don’t you, kid?”
“Maybe that’s why my parents fixed to get rid of me.”

Looks like parents leaving children behind and taking off wasn't unheard of in the GFFA. It makes sense for Rey's ethnicity to not be defined in casting if her parents were just some random people who dumped her with Unkar Plutt and went off....it also explains Maz's lines about the people she is waiting for never coming back.
@panki
This theory is as viable as anything if you ask me. In a lot of ways the greatest mysteries about TFA were created by fans, not by the movie. Take Snoke's identity for example. Snoke theories have spawned their own memes as responses from Lucasfilm and yet nothing in the movie really presents any real mystery about who he is beyond the Supreme Leader and head of the First Order who commands Kylo. He's Snoke, a new character designed for the Sequel Trilogy, and yet the fixation on his "true identity" spawned from basically nothing. Heck, fans made theories out of questions that were answered in the movie, like why the Falcon was on Jakku, why Leia and Rey hugged, etc.

Now, I don't think this is the case when it comes to Rey identity. There are lines in the movie that are meant to make us wonder who she could be, but at the same time is it impossible to think those lines were just red-herrings? Or as that one article preposed maybe Rey was simply telling the truth when she said she was "no one"? I know I've said this a bajillion times, but the mystery surrounding Rey really is all about Rey herself, not her family. It's always possible that mystery is more about what big role she's going to play in the future of the Skywalker saga and family. The people she was waiting for all those years, they're never coming back, and that's that.

Or not. Who knows. xD
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Mon 30 Jan 2017, 1:32 am

It's suggesting random in a sense

They cast a mixed race girl as a descendant of obi wan kenobi right at the start. Then they didn't use her and we have Daisy. The undefined race could easily work for the grand daughter of a white character and both or one of her parents being mixed or black or undefined in no way solidifies that rey is 100 percent random. Not by a long shot.

I also spoke to a few people whilst working on my last project and they both auditioned for Rey

Guess what they were told. Two very telling things.

I'm saving this for podcast because we have little birds spying in here.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 31 1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next