Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Jedi Trailer(s)

+89
Little_Boots
reylo1992
TheLastJedi
colibri
TheBastardofMandalore
Casper
Blood Moon
adamdrivershair
CienaRee
Sylvia Snow
Krafty
Lovely_Rose
RosiePancake
Ben-Solo
Marie Ren
Forsythia
Darth Rowan
Darth Dementor
Anakin Skywalker
BenRey
bashfulblueeyes3
MrsWindu
nite0wl29
4forYouRey-lolo
Armadeus
Cowgirlsamurai
tukicarreno
Airemyn
Mana
Night Huntress
Man Without A Star
Moonlight13
Millicent the Cat
guardienne
Kessel
Tex
Lily Snape
Angel Of Iego
rey09
Kylo Men
SoloSideCousin
ISeeAnIsland
ReyofLightSide
Marchtwin
Piper Maru
Kyla Ren
Gemini
Xylo Ren
darthbutterfingers
Rimfaxe96
Geralt_Riv
Moonjump05
spacebaby45678
jakkusun
MindAndMagic
Reylo Lemon
Hasi
Magnolia_3.0
bossbaby
EchoBase
SheLitAFire
MyOnlyHope
MeadowofAshes
Irina de France
Helix
Reylo4life
Darth Dingbat
fuhry
MoonFyre
SkyStar
motherofpearl1
Rei of Sunshine
ZioRen
Darth_Awakened
AceofWands
vaderito
IoJovi
Acritiqua
snufkin
nemapasara
Rogue Rey
FrolickingFizzgig
panki
Saracene
DarthRen
Reynak
SanghaRen
Birdwoman
Jakku
93 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - Page 40 Empty Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s)

Post by nite0wl29 Tue 10 Oct 2017, 11:28 am

rey09 wrote:I'm so amused by people who think the last scene means Rey will be tempted by the dark side. Like STFU. They just DONT get it. She is trying to get a sense of herself on neutral terms and the only person who can do that is Kylo. Nothing about dark or light side, it's just about BEING.
@rey09

My husband feels that way, that Rey is going to go dark because Kylo is dark. I'm like, okay, he said he wanted to show her the ways of the FORCE, not the DARK side of the force! So right now we have a bet going on and I'm pretty certain I'll win lol

Last edited by nite0wl29 on Tue 10 Oct 2017, 11:30 am; edited 1 time in total
nite0wl29
nite0wl29
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

http://nite0wl29.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Little_Boots Tue 10 Oct 2017, 11:29 am

I'm just testing out this new app that was made for the forum! So here goes!

Omg guys I am super excited!

Sent from Topic'it App
Little_Boots
Little_Boots
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Tue 10 Oct 2017, 11:30 am

WhatGirl wrote:
Tex wrote:Speaking of a rehash. Do we think that Rey being brought to Snoke would be to much of a rehash of ROTJ? Especially if Kylo intervenes and saves her? This is kind of why I'm suddenly liking @WhatGirl's  theory regarding Rey feeling Kylo being tortured by Snoke through their connection.
@Tex

What we know for sure is that Kylo goes before Snoke; we don't see what happens during this meeting, but afterward, he's clearly shaken and upset, and he destroys his helmet. It seems to be a reaction to whatever Snoke did or said to him, although we're not shown what it was.

Later in the trailer, we see Rey in Snoke's throne room, being tortured and told to fulfill her destiny. This is so abrupt and out of nowhere, and she seems completely unprepared for the confrontation. It really makes me believe it's a Force vision and not really her.

Also, it's Kylo who has disappointed Snoke and is possibly straying from his dark path. He is the one who is most likely going to be punished severely, IMO. Snoke using the Force to torture him while reminding him that he needs to fulfill his destiny makes the most sense to me.

Then there's the opening shot of the teaser trailer of course, that shows Rey falling to the ground, gasping and looking like she's just experienced something truly terrible. Since she's still on Ahch-To, I assume that she was upset by a vision, possibly linked to Kylo.

Due to their "strange connection", I think Kylo and Rey will be sharing a few visions before they meet again in person. Perhaps the way it'll work is that they'll be able to see/feel what the other is going through.
@WhatGirl

Snoke said he has to complete his training and doubt it's anything nice to do. Showing us Rey with Snoke is really out of nowhere but it might be true. I like tho your way of thinking as Force vision but what if it is the future of Rey she saw at Ach-To?

I mean would Snoke torture her like that if he wants to join her because it looked like a torture rather than trying to seduce someone. Really brutal and vicious. I like the idea of Rey experiecing Kylo or she saw her future.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Oct 2017, 11:34 am

DarthRen wrote:
WhatGirl wrote:
Tex wrote:Speaking of a rehash. Do we think that Rey being brought to Snoke would be to much of a rehash of ROTJ? Especially if Kylo intervenes and saves her? This is kind of why I'm suddenly liking @WhatGirl's  theory regarding Rey feeling Kylo being tortured by Snoke through their connection.
@Tex

What we know for sure is that Kylo goes before Snoke; we don't see what happens during this meeting, but afterward, he's clearly shaken and upset, and he destroys his helmet. It seems to be a reaction to whatever Snoke did or said to him, although we're not shown what it was.

Later in the trailer, we see Rey in Snoke's throne room, being tortured and told to fulfill her destiny. This is so abrupt and out of nowhere, and she seems completely unprepared for the confrontation. It really makes me believe it's a Force vision and not really her.

Also, it's Kylo who has disappointed Snoke and is possibly straying from his dark path. He is the one who is most likely going to be punished severely, IMO. Snoke using the Force to torture him while reminding him that he needs to fulfill his destiny makes the most sense to me.

Then there's the opening shot of the teaser trailer of course, that shows Rey falling to the ground, gasping and looking like she's just experienced something truly terrible. Since she's still on Ahch-To, I assume that she was upset by a vision, possibly linked to Kylo.

Due to their "strange connection", I think Kylo and Rey will be sharing a few visions before they meet again in person. Perhaps the way it'll work is that they'll be able to see/feel what the other is going through.
@WhatGirl

Snoke said he has to complete his training and doubt it's anything nice to do. Showing us Rey with Snoke is really out of nowhere but it might be true. I like tho your way of thinking as Force vision but what if it is the future of Rey she saw at Ach-To?

I mean would Snoke torture her like that if he wants to join her because it looked like a torture rather than trying to seduce someone. Really brutal and vicious. I like the idea of Rey experiecing Kylo or she saw her future.
@DarthRen

Yes you'd think Snoke would want to get Rey on his side, and brutally torturing her is definitely not the way to accomplish that. But I can 100% see him doing it to Kylo, his current student that he is disappointed and angry with.

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Tue 10 Oct 2017, 11:35 am

nite0wl29 wrote:
rey09 wrote:I'm so amused by people who think the last scene means Rey will be tempted by the dark side. Like STFU. They just DONT get it. She is trying to get a sense of herself on neutral terms and the only person who can do that is Kylo. Nothing about dark or light side, it's just about BEING.
@rey09

My husband feels that way, that Rey is going to go dark because Kylo is dark. I'm like, okay, he said he wanted to show her the ways of the FORCE, not the DARK side of the force! So right now we have a bet going on and I'm pretty certain I'll win lol

@nite0wl29 haha! yeah whenever I myself start doubting like "o what if he's trying to trick her or something" I remind myself...well good old Rian has ONLY said good things about Kylo. Like Rian is constantly defending Kylo lmao it's so funny how people are trying to make it something it's not.

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Tue 10 Oct 2017, 11:36 am

rey09 wrote:
nite0wl29 wrote:
@rey09

@nite0wl29 haha! yeah whenever I myself start doubting like "o what if he's trying to trick her or something" I remind myself...well good old Rian has ONLY said good things about Kylo. Like Rian is constantly defending Kylo lmao it's so funny how people are trying to make it something it's not.
@rey09

Rian's also the one who called him "sweetheart." I love you
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nite0wl29 Tue 10 Oct 2017, 11:39 am

rey09 wrote:
nite0wl29 wrote:
@rey09

@rey09

Exactly! If Rian actually said to avoid the trailer if you wanted to avoid being spoiled, then the whole thing itself is a no-brainer! Very Happy gotta keep thinking about the warm fuzzies and not be brought down by the nay-sayers
nite0wl29
nite0wl29
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

http://nite0wl29.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Tue 10 Oct 2017, 11:40 am

DarthRen wrote:
WhatGirl wrote:
@Tex

@WhatGirl

@DarthRen

Unless torture was the way he broke Ben, too.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Tue 10 Oct 2017, 11:43 am

WhatGirl wrote:
DarthRen wrote:
WhatGirl wrote:
@Tex

@WhatGirl

@DarthRen

Yes you'd think Snoke would want to get Rey on his side, and brutally torturing her is definitely not the way to accomplish that. But I can 100% see him doing it to Kylo, his current student that he is disappointed and angry with.
@WhatGirl

It would be a clear misdirection on their part and exploring their bond, which clearly plays a significant part, it was added to Star Wars databank and leaks omitted it mostly because they don't know or don't care. I just can't imagine seducing someone like that, I presume Snoke sweet talk Kylo into his services differently.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Tue 10 Oct 2017, 11:43 am

@Tex - the whole "bring her to meeeee" line was foreshadowing for something. Which in TFA, especially the ADF novel, you knew that something bad was going to go down. Like Snoke was probably going to torture and kill her in front of Ben to crush that weakness/compassion in him. Which is why she had to escape, also why it was Han who had to sacrifice himself instead. It's going to happen and considering how hard JJ and Kasdan hit on the paralllels to the scene in ESB where Vader and the Emperor talk about Luke, it wouldn't be a stretch to guess that there will be a parallel to the scene in the throneroom. When we know that's an incident Snoke's been holding over Ben's head as a failure, for coming to the aid of a loved one versus ambition/power. So it'll be a test for him. Other question - if it's the actual moment from the Force vision where he kills somebody trying to attack Rey, do we get the cliffhanger where he kills Snoke and then the two of them are like "F**k, now what?!"
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Tex Tue 10 Oct 2017, 11:43 am

Darth Dingbat wrote:
DarthRen wrote:
WhatGirl wrote:
@Tex

@WhatGirl

@DarthRen

@Darth Dingbat

My God Shocked The imagery of that Sad
Tex
Tex
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Tue 10 Oct 2017, 11:44 am

Darth Dingbat wrote:
DarthRen wrote:
WhatGirl wrote:
@Tex

@WhatGirl

I mean would Snoke torture her like that if he wants to join her because it looked like a torture rather than trying to seduce someone. Really brutal and vicious. I like the idea of Rey experiecing Kylo or  she saw her future.
@DarthRen

@Darth Dingbat

It's a possibility but I imagine Snoke sweet talk him into many things, promised him great power and that kind of stuff. This scream really brutal violence and it's out of nowhere and REALLY SPOILERY scene. It's even more spoilery than Kylo and Rey, when we had an idea of this. The thing is clearly it's Snoke and Rey in one scene, not edited.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Tue 10 Oct 2017, 11:46 am

Credit goes to @panki for first pointing this out from TFA's original art design, but if we think that Ben didn't defect as much as he was captured and turned, there's this scene created for an early version

The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - Page 40 Star-wars-the-force-awakens-concept-art-ilm-7
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide Tue 10 Oct 2017, 11:47 am

I don't know that Kylo will take Rey to Snoke but that she will willingly go, a la Luke to Vader.
I am not sure why Kylo would take her, since he has been resistant to sharing her with Snoke at this point.

Wasn't torture the way Bastila and Revan were turned?
ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar Tue 10 Oct 2017, 11:49 am

rey09 wrote:
nite0wl29 wrote:
@rey09

@rey09

I guess somehow the fact that Kylo struggled before killing Han made people think that Kylo tricked him, even though JJ has said that wasn't the case. But Kylo tricking people into emotions somehow has stuck with people's imaginations because a lot of fake leaks also have that - Kylo tricks Leia etc. The good thing is that Kylo's character has a lot of layers and I am sure that TLJ will show that - he won't make the same mistake twice, it doesn't define him and trickery is actually something Kylo doesn't do, he isn't really the sneaky type.
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Tue 10 Oct 2017, 11:49 am

Darth Dingbat wrote:
DarthRen wrote:
WhatGirl wrote:
@Tex

@WhatGirl

I mean would Snoke torture her like that if he wants to join her because it looked like a torture rather than trying to seduce someone. Really brutal and vicious. I like the idea of Rey experiecing Kylo or  she saw her future.
@DarthRen

@Darth Dingbat

I absolutely think that Ben being tortured is a possibility.  He may have gone to Snoke, but torture might have sealed the deal. He won't let him break her.

-------

http://reylo.skyforum.net/viewtopic.forum?t=597
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40