Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

+70
Gemini
reylo1992
shii405
CienaRee
RosiePancake
colibri
fuhry
MrsWindu
Piper Maru
AceofWands
Blood Moon
Marie Ren
benorganasolo
MindAndMagic
kroi
tukicarreno
MoonFyre
nite0wl29
Tex
Darth Rowan
Moonjump05
BenRey
krissy01
jakkusun
rey09
Anakin Skywalker
bashfulblueeyes3
Xylo Ren
Mana
DarthRen
Blackcanary
panki
Kessel
Airemyn
Geralt_Riv
SkyStar
Darth_Awakened
nemapasara
Reylo Lemon
Night Huntress
Irina de France
IoJovi
Rimfaxe96
FrolickingFizzgig
Helix
Armadeus
Acritiqua
Moonlight13
spacebaby45678
Lily Snape
Rei of Sunshine
MeadowofAshes
Kylo Men
SheLitAFire
ReyofLightSide
SoloSideCousin
Kyla Ren
Saracene
Cowgirlsamurai
ISeeAnIsland
Man Without A Star
snufkin
adamdrivershair
SanghaRen
motherofpearl1
Darth Dingbat
Birdwoman
Forsythia
vaderito
EchoBase
74 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram Empty Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by Guest Thu 14 Sep 2017, 8:36 am

I feel like anything from "News from Jakku" should go into the crack spoiler thread if it must go anywhere at all. They have no more credibility than Mike Zeroh.

Back to top Go down

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram Empty Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by EchoBase Thu 14 Sep 2017, 8:42 am

@vaderito: this one is also hilarious

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram Img_0832

@WhatGirl: I agree wholeheartedly
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Thu 14 Sep 2017, 8:46 am

Yeah, these clowns are now showing their true colors. They lucked out with toy leaks and now they are just Zerohing around. Crack Leak Thread it is! cheers
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsythia Thu 14 Sep 2017, 8:50 am

What does "almost confirmed" mean anyway? Either it's confirmed or it's not.
Forsythia
Forsythia
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Thu 14 Sep 2017, 9:01 am

Forsythia wrote:What does "almost confirmed" mean anyway? Either it's confirmed or it's not.
@Forsythia

lol! lol! lol! lol! That beats even Zeroh. New level of BS right there.

vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman Thu 14 Sep 2017, 9:46 am

How will Rey training alone and Kylo training with the guards at the same time be emotional?

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Thu 14 Sep 2017, 9:47 am

Birdwoman wrote:How will Rey training alone and Kylo training with the guards at the same time be emotional?
@Birdwoman

The music is going to be really emotional. Also, Kylo will burst into tears at some point. Razz
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Thu 14 Sep 2017, 9:53 am

Birdwoman wrote:How will Rey training alone and Kylo training with the guards at the same time be emotional?
@Birdwoman

Well, I know that's a boo boo for a start - anyone who's seen the BTS stills can see that.
Rey was not fighting - or 'training' alone - she was surrounded by assailants.

Wish the bit about the helmet is true though...........
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase Thu 14 Sep 2017, 10:05 am

I changed my mind, I want to see Rey and Kylo in this.
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Thu 14 Sep 2017, 10:21 am

Darth Dingbat wrote:
@Birdwoman

The music is going to be really emotional. Also, Kylo will burst into tears at some point. Razz
@Darth Dingbat

He loved her...and trained with the Praetrorians.

And she loved him...and trained with Luke and the Caretakers.

if that isn't emotional I don't know what is.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Thu 14 Sep 2017, 10:25 am

EchoBase wrote:

I changed my mind, I want to see Rey and Kylo in this.
@EchoBase

LOL. Rey as Rambo and Kylo as Drago. Rey thinking about Han and Finn. I totally have the film now in my head.
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Sep 2017, 10:35 am

IoJovi wrote:
MeadowofAshes wrote:
rey09 wrote:
IoJovi wrote:
rey09 wrote:THE F*** rian is messing with my heart- he says there's no central romance....AND THEN PROCEEDS TO HINT AT A MAJOR CENTRAL ROMANCE WTFF
@rey09

He said there would be no romance in the style of Han and Leia.  He was very, very specific about that, and even clarified this several times saying he made no statement there wouldn't be any romance at all.  Our ship is sailing smoothly, straight ahead.  I'm giddy at how much he enjoys interacting with our corner of the fandom.
@IoJovi I guesss but idk I feel like even if it's not Han Leia style, it is sounding to be still pretty intense between these two...definitely worthy of being a "centerpiece" but I guess we shall see...
@rey09 I'd say the redemption aspect is more the "centerpiece" of the relationship. The romance for that is very different, more of a natural by-product of mutual understanding for an attractive young man plus attractive young woman with chemistry. That's very different from Han/Leia and Anakin/Padme, although I still think they'll "go big or go home". I still very much think the fruition of the resultant feelings (aka the Who's Your Daddy moment a la kiss or declaration of feelings toward the end) is a go. If we're getting Kid!/Younger!Ben and Dad!Han plus a selfless choice on Ben's part, there's no way Rey (and the majority of the audience) won't fall for him.
@MeadowofAshes

This.  I also think we will get an overt sign (kiss or other wise) of where their relationship is headed, probably at the climax of the film, which again is very different from Han and Leia, who's relationship trajectory was clear right at the beginning of ESB. The audience needs to be on Ben's side first and foremost before they go down that path.  This won't make it any less entertaining to watch.
@IoJovi

I totally agree. When that Rian quote came out about "no central romance Han/Leia style", I never took it that there wouldn't be a romance in this trilogy. You kind of HAVE to have romance in all stories. Even in The Hunger Games, with as strong as Katniss was and her whole trajectory, she still had a romance. Romance in stories brings conflict, which heightens the game and makes it more interesting and appealing. Without personal dilemmas and character growth, there really can't be a full story, and romance, however angsty, is the perfect catalyst in helping a story to take off. I'm in it for the long haul, and I do believe Reylo is going to happen. I've believed it from the first time I watched the movie. No way did they take all that time and close-up intense choker shots with suggestive dialogue for nothing.

Also, even with *Spoiler* Kylo Ren killing Han, it doesn't make him irredeemable. They wouldn't be merchandising the hell out of Reylo if there wasn't something going on between them. I do believe they'll kiss in TLJ, whether in a dream sequence or in reality. It's gonna happen.

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Thu 14 Sep 2017, 10:43 am

RandomObserver wrote:
IoJovi wrote:
MeadowofAshes wrote:
rey09 wrote:
IoJovi wrote:
rey09 wrote:THE F*** rian is messing with my heart- he says there's no central romance....AND THEN PROCEEDS TO HINT AT A MAJOR CENTRAL ROMANCE WTFF
@rey09

He said there would be no romance in the style of Han and Leia.  He was very, very specific about that, and even clarified this several times saying he made no statement there wouldn't be any romance at all.  Our ship is sailing smoothly, straight ahead.  I'm giddy at how much he enjoys interacting with our corner of the fandom.
@IoJovi I guesss but idk I feel like even if it's not Han Leia style, it is sounding to be still pretty intense between these two...definitely worthy of being a "centerpiece" but I guess we shall see...
@rey09 I'd say the redemption aspect is more the "centerpiece" of the relationship. The romance for that is very different, more of a natural by-product of mutual understanding for an attractive young man plus attractive young woman with chemistry. That's very different from Han/Leia and Anakin/Padme, although I still think they'll "go big or go home". I still very much think the fruition of the resultant feelings (aka the Who's Your Daddy moment a la kiss or declaration of feelings toward the end) is a go. If we're getting Kid!/Younger!Ben and Dad!Han plus a selfless choice on Ben's part, there's no way Rey (and the majority of the audience) won't fall for him.
@MeadowofAshes

This.  I also think we will get an overt sign (kiss or other wise) of where their relationship is headed, probably at the climax of the film, which again is very different from Han and Leia, who's relationship trajectory was clear right at the beginning of ESB. The audience needs to be on Ben's side first and foremost before they go down that path.  This won't make it any less entertaining to watch.
@IoJovi

I totally agree. When that Rian quote came out about "no central romance Han/Leia style", I never took it that there wouldn't be a romance in this trilogy. You kind of HAVE to have romance in all stories. Even in The Hunger Games, with as strong as Katniss was and her whole trajectory, she still had a romance. Romance in stories brings conflict, which heightens the game and makes it more interesting and appealing. Without personal dilemmas and character growth, there really can't be a full story, and romance, however angsty, is the perfect catalyst in helping a story to take off. I'm in it for the long haul, and I do believe Reylo is going to happen. I've believed it from the first time I watched the movie. No way did they take all that time and close-up intense choker shots with suggestive dialogue for nothing.

Also, even with *Spoiler* Kylo Ren killing Han, it doesn't make him irredeemable. They wouldn't be merchandising the hell out of Reylo if there wasn't something going on between them. I do believe they'll kiss in TLJ, whether in a dream sequence or in reality. It's gonna happen.
@RandomObserver

I like slow burn myself; Han and Leia had known each other for three years so it was credible the film started with their romance. With Reylo people need to understand Ben before they forgive him, as does Rey.
As for Kylo's redemption....the moment Han stroked his sons face I knew this young man would not stay 'evil'.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by adamdrivershair Thu 14 Sep 2017, 10:47 am

vaderito wrote:

@vaderito

Now I'm imagining the nuns doing karate kicks lol!
adamdrivershair
adamdrivershair
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Thu 14 Sep 2017, 10:49 am

adamdrivershair wrote:
vaderito wrote:

@vaderito

Now I'm imagining the nuns doing karate kicks lol!
@adamdrivershair

Caretaker is totally Miyagi. Twisted Evil
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Thu 14 Sep 2017, 11:00 am

Which also reminds me of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhUkGIsKvn0
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Thu 14 Sep 2017, 11:47 am

Circling back to the Lennon song, that seems to be a theme with the last two films Johnson has done with its central female and male leads, two broken people. Which isn't necessarily that trite, the female halves of those duos tend to be the tougher, more resilient ones who end up driving the plot forward. And in both movies, the drama which goes down from these two characters meeting is what ends up pushing both of them forward out of the situations they're locked into. The female characters definitely come out changed for the better, Penelope goes from being a loner living out various daydream scenarios to being an active part of a real life adventure/romance and Sara has finally 'proved' herself to the son she abandoned and gained his trust. Both women end up getting the one thing in life they want. The male characters tend to be more trapped in their situations, even if they want to escape and prove themselves to be more than the role (criminal for both men) life has led them to. So that's something to keep in mind for whatever is going to happen for those two characters given that he mentioned that song, it's a definite theme in his writing. He doesn't get asked as much about Rose or Finn, but possible that it may also be something for those characters too. Although out of the core group of new characters, Finn seems like he already covered the largest emotional distance in the first movie with deciding to assert himself by leaving the FO and then (even if it's reluctant) heading back to face them because of his friendships with Poe and Rey.

In terms of romance, personally, I've seen it already hitting those tick boxes with the tropes and hallmarks of the Romantic movement. Whether or not actual kiss happens, not something I'm personally invested in because they're sure as Hell already playing up the emotional connection between those two. It wouldn't surprise me if it happens, but I'm more interested in seeing their interactions/head butting/relationship evolve. And I'd expect their plot line to be about the having to come together for the larger greater good/fate of the galaxy scenario, so it might end up a moment like this one

Among the many reasons why the "He's going to get eeeevilller and die!" fan theories are so dumb is that SW has more in common with Doctor Who (and the two franchises have a mutual admiration society) and its themes of compassion, love, and intelligence winning the day that any rock 'em sock 'em action movie or super hero franchise.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Sep 2017, 3:16 pm

I don't know if this was ever posted here but Jason Ward MSW says it's unlikely Luke is evil based on everything he's heard https://twitter.com/makingstarwars/status/903078748307693568

I'm personally not expecting Evil!Luke and it's not something I particularly want to see. Luke being despondent and having gone to Ahch-To to meditate on his failings and the nature of the force, I can see. I imagine his state of mind to be similar to Bran in Game of Thrones, in that he's gained much knowledge and wisdom but he's not sure where he fits into it anymore and maybe feels his presence in the fight wouldn't help matters.

Back to top Go down

Post by Man Without A Star Thu 14 Sep 2017, 3:23 pm

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:I don't know if this was ever posted here but Jason Ward MSW says it's unlikely Luke is evil based on everything he's heard https://twitter.com/makingstarwars/status/903078748307693568

I'm personally not expecting Evil!Luke and it's not something I particularly want to see. Luke being despondent and having gone to Ahch-To to meditate on his failings and the nature of the force, I can see. I imagine his state of mind to be similar to Bran in Game of Thrones, in that he's gained much knowledge and wisdom but he's not sure where he fits into it anymore and maybe feels his presence in the fight wouldn't help matters.
@Mrs Ben Solo

As long as Luke does not get all creepy like, telling Rey that she looked beautiful when she scavanged that broken motivator out of a broken TIE, then I am fine with it.
Man Without A Star
Man Without A Star
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Thu 14 Sep 2017, 3:37 pm

Man Without A Star wrote:
Mrs Ben Solo wrote:I don't know if this was ever posted here but Jason Ward MSW says it's unlikely Luke is evil based on everything he's heard https://twitter.com/makingstarwars/status/903078748307693568

@Mrs Ben Solo

As long as Luke does not get all creepy like, telling Rey that she looked beautiful when she scavanged that broken motivator out of a broken TIE, then I am fine with it.
@Man Without A Star

I think it's unlikely too that he'll be dark or creepy but unless MSW is sitting on story spoilers that they don't dare talk about, their sources are marketing and marketing won't spoil anything as juicy as creeper/evil Luke. So while those sources are very reliable in some aspects (look, names, a little bit about location, who does what), they don't give the whole picture. Like, for example, we know that Finn and Rose infiltrate SSD but not why. We don't even know what else they do beside planting bombs even though it's obvious there's much more. So I guess secrecy surrounding Luke is 3 times that.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Sep 2017, 3:45 pm

Yeah @vaderito it does look like MSW are a lot more limited on the spoiler front for TLJ. It is certainly possible that they're missing a lot of plot points and context for the spoilers they do have. They haven't dropped anything of note for ages. What about the Leia spoiler they were supposedly sitting on? I've only seen them mention that she'll be using a blaster at some point, I would hope they've got something a bit more juicy than that!

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Thu 14 Sep 2017, 3:46 pm

@Mrs Ben Solo

Interesting choice of words, though:

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram Screen28

ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Thu 14 Sep 2017, 3:48 pm

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:Yeah @vaderito it does look like MSW are a lot more limited on the spoiler front for TLJ. It is certainly possible that they're missing a lot of plot points and context for the spoilers they do have. They haven't dropped anything of note for ages. What about the Leia spoiler they were supposedly sitting on? I've only seen them mention that she'll be using a blaster at some point, I would hope they've got something a bit more juicy than that!
@Mrs Ben Solo

That's a great example of the limits of marketing spoilers. Leia is using a blaster - great. But why? On whom? That remains a big question. Like, she could shoot at a random Storm trooper boarding D'Qar base. Which is whatever, meh, OK. or she could shoot at her son which huge.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Sep 2017, 3:50 pm

Well, I never thought Luke would be dark. There are other extremes that he may have gone to.

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman Thu 14 Sep 2017, 4:26 pm

What do you all think Luke's role is going to be in TLJ? Do you think he will be the Yoda of the movie?

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next