Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Jedi Trailer(s)

+70
Jakku
BigDeal2187
PalmettoBlue
Camaro
gwendy85
Kylo Rey
tukicarreno
Man Without A Star
Maria26
RosiePancake
Kyla Ren
Darth Rowan
Anakin Skywalker
ZioRen
Geralt_Riv
spacebaby45678
Blood Moon
Rimfaxe96
Krafty
Gemini
Armadeus
Airemyn
EchoBase
bashfulblueeyes3
jakkusun
MindAndMagic
Blackcanary
MyOnlyHope
MrsWindu
Rei of Sunshine
Kylo Men
motherofpearl1
panki
Lily Snape
shii405
rey09
Mana
Little_Boots
MeadowofAshes
Piper Maru
vaderito
CienaRee
LadyHa
Moonlight13
Saracene
ISeeAnIsland
Birdwoman
Reylo Lemon
Irina de France
nite0wl29
Darth_Awakened
FrolickingFizzgig
AceofWands
Darth Dingbat
DarthRen
IoJovi
Xylo Ren
SanghaRen
reylo1992
SkyStar
fuhry
SoloSideCousin
Night Huntress
SheLitAFire
Cowgirlsamurai
Moonjump05
Forsythia
Tex
snufkin
ReyofLightSide
74 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s)

Post by Night Huntress Tue 10 Oct 2017, 1:47 pm

Cowgirlsamurai wrote:So... my impression is that everyone but us think that Kylo's hand reach is Rey being tempted by the dark side. Like he's some sneaky snake that Rey must navigate around if she wants to not GO BAD.
@Cowgirlsamurai

Sneaky snake??? Did they see the same trailer ??? What's wrong with those people?

He looks more like "I'll give you the whole universe" and not "I'll show you the dark side"
The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - Page 2 Bildsc10
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Tue 10 Oct 2017, 1:50 pm

IoJovi wrote:
fuhry wrote:
Moonjump05 wrote:I love the ending scene regardless, but if it is two scenes spliced together and Rey is talking to Luke then I am having some feels because Luke must be rejecting her.  Abandonment issues ahoy.
@Moonjump05

I think that may be the Rey speech that convinces Luke to train her.  
@fuhry

I don't think Luke is going to train Rey at all.  Reylo deliciousness aside, I think that's the entire point of the last two seconds of the trailer.
@IoJovi

Or maybe Luke's and Snoke's ways are too radical on each side but Kylo been there, knows that anger and loneliness and can show her both ways Light and Dark.

Last edited by DarthRen on Tue 10 Oct 2017, 1:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Tue 10 Oct 2017, 1:51 pm

Night Huntress wrote:
Cowgirlsamurai wrote:So... my impression is that everyone but us think that Kylo's hand reach is Rey being tempted by the dark side. Like he's some sneaky snake that Rey must navigate around if she wants to not GO BAD.
@Cowgirlsamurai

Sneaky snake??? Did they see the same trailer ??? What's wrong with those people?

He looks more like "I'll give you the whole universe" and not "I'll show you the dark side"
@Night Huntress

The look on his face is so sincere in that shot it's heart wrenching.  If you have no context on the character you'd not associate him with the word villain at all.

@DarthRen Exactly.  They're also the only ones in the galaxy who know each other's pain and deepest darkest secrets and can have a firm grasp on what the other has been through.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Tue 10 Oct 2017, 1:55 pm

Night Huntress wrote:
@Cowgirlsamurai

@Night Huntress

EVIL COUSIN KYLO!

The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - Page 2 Giphy
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Tue 10 Oct 2017, 1:55 pm

Night Huntress wrote:
@Cowgirlsamurai

@Night Huntress

YES!!!!! This face goes well beyond the 'OMG! You're the most amazing creature I have ever seen! I want to marry you!," face when she catches the lightsaber.  This face is real, no drama, no adrenaline, totally-in-the-moment, and dare I say it, a genuinely nervous, thinks-he's-going-be-rejected, "I think I love you" without saying a word.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide Tue 10 Oct 2017, 1:55 pm

Night Huntress wrote:
@Cowgirlsamurai

@Night Huntress

Yeah, he has pretty much identified her as his future wife and possible baby mama Razz
ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Tue 10 Oct 2017, 1:58 pm

Xylo Ren wrote:I'm still riding high from last night. Drove to work with a big dopey smile on my face.

I've seen a bit about what "other" people think and I really would advise to just not even pay attention to the twists that some people are going to put on things.

Go with your gut feeling and your first reaction to the trailer. Because it's your first reaction that the people who make the trailers care about. Don't get swayed or deflated because of what others say. They'll try to make excuses like it's a force vision (in which case, who cares if it is??? Is there ANYTHING more Reylo than Rey dreaming about Kylo?? I'm like???) or they'll say he's giving those big heart eyes to Leia (lol) or Luke (LOL).

At the end of the day, the trailer creators wanted you to think that Rey is talking and facing Kylo and that he is the one reaching out to her. That's all that matters.
@Xylo Ren

Exactly this. They wanted the "whoaaa, what's this??" reaction you could see on, say, Kate Hudson's face in that Josh Gad video. They want people to speculate about that connection and the nature of it now.

I find it so silly that you get things like "it's just misdirection, it doesn't mean anything, they're just trying to make it look like Rey is tempted to the DS (in a totally platonic way of course)" - when the same people, had you suggested to them that Kylo might hold out his hand to Rey like this, would have pooh-poohed, pshawed and tut-tutted the whole idea as preposterous Reylo fanfiction only two days ago.

Let them try to pooh-pooh, pshaw and tut-tut their way out of a paperbag Smile But they won't, they're stuck there.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide Tue 10 Oct 2017, 2:04 pm

We have already guessed a lot of what will happen or pieced together from leaks. Even so, I don't think we were quite prepared for the Reylo-ness and how many things they showed. It's like a fanmade trailer.

-Maskless Kylo
-Kylo destroys the mask
-Kylo won't kill Leia
-Kylo on Ahch-To
-Kylo being a great pilot
-Prince Puppy Dog Eyes Kylo
-Kylo struggling with the dark side
-Kylo offers again to be Rey's teacher
-and (maybe) Kylo saving Rey from Snoke
ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AceofWands Tue 10 Oct 2017, 2:04 pm

On the " it's just a force vision" theory by denialpress.

Right. So Rey is having force visions of Kylo???? And may I pray. Why exactly would that be the case?
AceofWands
AceofWands
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Tue 10 Oct 2017, 2:04 pm

SanghaRen wrote:
@Cowgirlsamurai

Sorry, but I can’t help twitching at the word “everyone”. Who is everyone? I am quite sure that at this point a great share of the GA has not even seen the trailer so who knows what they think. The everyone seems to be the dedicated fans who are glued to news feeds about the film and who in the end are not the biggest share of the audience and are fighting all the time anyway. Or the American football fans who are still not representative of the international everyone. The GA I know for instance is not looming on social media for SW stuff so no chance to know what they think about the trailer unless you speak with them. Sorry if I sound, er, difficult but I am a bit allergic to the generalization of opinions. Maybe some past trauma of people putting words in my mouth, Idk Smile
@SanghaRen

I keep seeing this article, and discussions of Rey being tempted by the dark side pop on on my social media: The Last Jedi: Who Will Turn Dark?

Nothing about Kylo possibly making a switch or seeming sincere. I only see sympathetic attitudes toward Kylo here. Yes, the "everyone" I allude to are the people who've seen the trailer so far, not a large part of the GA.

For some, this revelation will come as confirmation: After The Force Awakens, a not-insignificant segment of the Star Wars fan-fiction community started imagining Rey and Ren ending up getting together, romantically and/or spiritually. Partly that “-ship” came out of simple rooting preferences, but it was also informed by scenes of intimate sparring in The Force Awakens—and the intriguing duality represented by the family-less, allegiance-free Rey and the heritage-trapped, proudly tribal Ren. Today, the #Reylo Tumblr tag is atwitter thanks to the trailer hinting that these two young stars could become something other than enemies, though with plenty of caveats that the relevant scene could be a fake-out, false start, or dream sequence.

Last edited by Cowgirlsamurai on Tue 10 Oct 2017, 2:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Tex Tue 10 Oct 2017, 2:06 pm

Slightly off topic, but I just came across this little gem of a trailer reaction. The quality is not the best, but watch till the very end. This guy was basically all of us last night. His reaction is amazing H-beating

Last edited by Tex on Tue 10 Oct 2017, 2:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tex
Tex
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Tue 10 Oct 2017, 2:08 pm

The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - Page 2 S9z4noZ
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by fuhry Tue 10 Oct 2017, 2:15 pm

ReyofLightSide wrote:
Night Huntress wrote:
@Cowgirlsamurai

@Night Huntress

Yeah, he has pretty much identified her as his future wife and possible baby mama Razz
@ReyofLightSide

I think he looks like "You're the only person in the universe I have any hope of having any kind of normal relationship with"
fuhry
fuhry
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Tue 10 Oct 2017, 2:18 pm

ReyofLightSide wrote:
Night Huntress wrote:
@Cowgirlsamurai

@Night Huntress

@ReyofLightSide

Kylo in that picture is this, all of this

The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - Page 2 C57

DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Tue 10 Oct 2017, 2:19 pm

AceofWands wrote:On the " it's just a force vision"  theory by denialpress.

Right. So Rey is having force visions of Kylo???? And may I pray. Why exactly would that be the case?
@AceofWands

Right, lol! Force visions of him looking like he really, really cares about her and will help her.  But there is nothing "Reylo" about that at all!!!! LOL!!!
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide Tue 10 Oct 2017, 2:20 pm

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - Page 2 S9z4noZ
@FrolickingFizzgig

LOL, me touching the computer screen last night Razz
ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Tue 10 Oct 2017, 2:22 pm

DarthRen wrote:
EVIL COUSIN KYLO!

@DarthRen

Well, im my cousin would look at me like that- that would be creepy as hell... Aha! Now I get it! That's why they find Kylo creepy. Rolling Eyes They still think they are related L-puke

Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Tue 10 Oct 2017, 2:24 pm

Night Huntress wrote:
DarthRen wrote:
EVIL COUSIN KYLO!

@DarthRen

Well, im my cousin would look at me like that- that would be creepy as hell... Aha! Now I get it! That's why they find Kylo creepy.  Rolling Eyes  They still think they are related L-puke

@Night Huntress

If I'd ever look at my cousin this way, I'd be in jail or some kind of a mental facility by now.

EDIT: People don't like the idea of Kylo/Ben being the only legacy child and good heroine Rey must be the one to carry the legacy, not the evil Kylo who killed Han. Totally ignoring the complex story behind this story and his character. They want a one dimensional villain, more evil Kylo. I feel like this is part of the reason why ReySkywalker is or was that popular among the fandom.

Last edited by DarthRen on Tue 10 Oct 2017, 2:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Tue 10 Oct 2017, 2:26 pm

Cowgirlsamurai wrote:

I keep seeing this article, and discussions of Rey being tempted by the dark side pop on on my social media: The Last Jedi: Who Will Turn Dark?

Nothing about Kylo possibly making a switch or seeming sincere. I only see sympathetic attitudes toward Kylo here. Yes, the "everyone" I allude to are the people who've seen the trailer so far, not a large part of the GA.

For some, this revelation will come as confirmation: After The Force Awakens, a not-insignificant segment of the Star Wars fan-fiction community started imagining Rey and Ren ending up getting together, romantically and/or spiritually. Partly that “-ship” came out of simple rooting preferences, but it was also informed by scenes of intimate sparring in The Force Awakens—and the intriguing duality represented by the family-less, allegiance-free Rey and the heritage-trapped, proudly tribal Ren. Today, the #Reylo Tumblr tag is atwitter thanks to the trailer hinting that these two young stars could become something other than enemies, though with plenty of caveats that the relevant scene could be a fake-out, false start, or dream sequence.
@Cowgirlsamurai

Well, I posted an article by the Verge that made no dark connection. On the contrary, the author speculates that Rey and Kylo will try to figure out a different path as the Jedi and the Sith because they are troubled by their masters’ ways. So you know, maybe it also depends where you look. That article shows up high in Google search. I did not check the comments because let’s face it, it’s usually frustrated people who take the time to comment. I suspect many others like me to click, read, nod and move on.

https://www.theverge.com/2017/10/10/16451416/star-wars-the-last-jedi-trailer-breakdown-analysis

Idk but I prefer personally to not give an importance to negativity when it comes to entertainment. I can hunt down positive reactions if you want to counter the negativity in your feed Smile
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire Tue 10 Oct 2017, 2:29 pm

Cowgirlsamurai wrote:Ugh, so I calmly got into it with a "Kylo is creepy, don't touch him Rey!" person and they say that they "feel his (Kylo's) conflict" but they can't forgive him for killing Han...
@Cowgirlsamurai

I can't even engage with people out side of this board or close family & friends. I went to Thor's new video on the trailer and the comments drove me insane I couldn't stay for more than a minute or two.This board is all I need.
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Tue 10 Oct 2017, 2:31 pm

SanghaRen wrote:
Cowgirlsamurai wrote:

@Cowgirlsamurai

Well, I posted an article by the Verge that made no dark connection. On the contrary, the author speculates that Rey and Kylo will try to figure out a different path as the Jedi and the Sith because they are troubled by their masters’ ways. So you know, maybe it also depends where you look. That article shows up high in Google search. I did not check the comments because let’s face it, it’s usually frustrated people who take the time to comment. I suspect many others like me to click, read, nod and move on.

https://www.theverge.com/2017/10/10/16451416/star-wars-the-last-jedi-trailer-breakdown-analysis

Idk but I prefer personally to not give an importance to negativity when it comes to entertainment. I can hunt down positive reactions if you want to counter the negativity in your feed Smile
@SanghaRen

Well, I don't think it's people being negative, haha. They're more like "Ooh, Kylo Ren is going to get darker, and maybe Rey will go down the same path, Look! He's inviting her to join him" kind of thing. I think they're fascinated for the wrong reasons Laughing
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Tue 10 Oct 2017, 2:41 pm

Now some folks thinks it's actually Luke extending his hand to bring back Kylo at the end of the trailer. Very Happy
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Tue 10 Oct 2017, 2:50 pm

Tex wrote:Slightly off topic, but I just came across this little gem of a trailer reaction. The quality is not the best, but watch till the very end. This guy was basically all of us last night. His reaction is amazing H-beating

@Tex

Thank you for this.

I just started laughing hysterically at "Reylo lives!"
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Tue 10 Oct 2017, 2:55 pm

Looking at these lines over and over again. Together they might fit.

From Rey to Luke, speech that might finally convince him to train her.

"Something inside me has always been there. And now its awake. And I need help. I need someone to show me my place in all this."

Then.

These lines in the trailer that has been attributed/speculated to be directed or speaked of by Kylo/Ben: "Let the past die. Kill it. If you have to. That's the only way to become what you were meant to be." The more I listen to this, it might not be Kylo/Ben saying "Kill it." That voice sounds eerily like Snoke. Tbh Luke sounds a bit like Snoke or maybe I'm looking too mch into it. Also, I think it's entirely possible that "Let the past die," "If you have to," and "That's the only way to become what you were meant to be" are from different scenes.

I think dialog could really by twisted on purpose by them, hard to tell.

Last edited by DarthRen on Tue 10 Oct 2017, 2:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Tex Tue 10 Oct 2017, 2:57 pm

Darth_Awakened wrote:
Tex wrote:Slightly off topic, but I just came across this little gem of a trailer reaction. The quality is not the best, but watch till the very end. This guy was basically all of us last night. His reaction is amazing H-beating

@Tex

Thank you for this.

I just started laughing hysterically at "Reylo lives!"
@Darth_Awakened

You're welcome! Yes, "Reylo Lives" had me smiling and laughing so much. It was great. I thought we needed to lighten the mood a bit. It was getting a little negative in here Very Happy
Tex
Tex
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next