Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Jedi Trailer(s)

+70
Jakku
BigDeal2187
PalmettoBlue
Camaro
gwendy85
Kylo Rey
tukicarreno
Man Without A Star
Maria26
RosiePancake
Kyla Ren
Darth Rowan
Anakin Skywalker
ZioRen
Geralt_Riv
spacebaby45678
Blood Moon
Rimfaxe96
Krafty
Gemini
Armadeus
Airemyn
EchoBase
bashfulblueeyes3
jakkusun
MindAndMagic
Blackcanary
MyOnlyHope
MrsWindu
Rei of Sunshine
Kylo Men
motherofpearl1
panki
Lily Snape
shii405
rey09
Mana
Little_Boots
MeadowofAshes
Piper Maru
vaderito
CienaRee
LadyHa
Moonlight13
Saracene
ISeeAnIsland
Birdwoman
Reylo Lemon
Irina de France
nite0wl29
Darth_Awakened
FrolickingFizzgig
AceofWands
Darth Dingbat
DarthRen
IoJovi
Xylo Ren
SanghaRen
reylo1992
SkyStar
fuhry
SoloSideCousin
Night Huntress
SheLitAFire
Cowgirlsamurai
Moonjump05
Forsythia
Tex
snufkin
ReyofLightSide
74 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - Page 40 Empty Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s)

Post by DarthRen Wed 18 Oct 2017, 6:22 am

SanghaRen wrote:I do like Han, but all of this is very melodramatic if you ask me Smile So that blaster would still be there for the OT fans - and I am one - so they can say “she still has Han’s blaster” *tears rolling down their cheeks* Sorry for the sarcasm. It’s one of these days where it comes up as a defense mechanism to cope with whatever sith is bugging me.

I guess I am more interested in Rey embracing the Force. And it would probably annoy me less if it was kept on the left side and not so predominant. I mean what is she going to do with it? Shoot at Kylo. Like that worked the first time around. Yeah, I know, I am complaining about a toy making sense...

Still, I am curious to see if maybe they will change something in the design. Maybe they got new information and have to adapt? Change Rey’s right hand so it fits into Kylo’s hand and kids - young and less young - can replay a TLJ scene. Or add a pair of yellow eyes... Twisted Evil

@DarthRen

I am not so sure about the MF ultimately being Rey’s. What if Poe survives - although based on the trailer, it’s looking grim - and he gets it at the end. Personally, I would not mind if neither Rey nor Ben keeps it. Now that would be a fresh start. I know, I know, it would piss off some people. I do wonder if Chewie will indeed return home at the end of the trilogy - he can’t die, please no.
@SanghaRen

Not sure why Poe should get it. There is no emotional pay off or value to him for this unlike Rey or Ben. Just because he's an awesome pilot?
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Wed 18 Oct 2017, 6:43 am

DarthRen wrote:
SanghaRen wrote:I do like Han, but all of this is very melodramatic if you ask me Smile So that blaster would still be there for the OT fans - and I am one - so they can say “she still has Han’s blaster” *tears rolling down their cheeks* Sorry for the sarcasm. It’s one of these days where it comes up as a defense mechanism to cope with whatever sith is bugging me.

I guess I am more interested in Rey embracing the Force. And it would probably annoy me less if it was kept on the left side and not so predominant. I mean what is she going to do with it? Shoot at Kylo. Like that worked the first time around. Yeah, I know, I am complaining about a toy making sense...

Still, I am curious to see if maybe they will change something in the design. Maybe they got new information and have to adapt? Change Rey’s right hand so it fits into Kylo’s hand and kids - young and less young - can replay a TLJ scene. Or add a pair of yellow eyes... Twisted Evil

@DarthRen

I am not so sure about the MF ultimately being Rey’s. What if Poe survives - although based on the trailer, it’s looking grim - and he gets it at the end. Personally, I would not mind if neither Rey nor Ben keeps it. Now that would be a fresh start. I know, I know, it would piss off some people. I do wonder if Chewie will indeed return home at the end of the trilogy - he can’t die, please no.
@SanghaRen

Not sure why Poe should get it. There is no emotional pay off or value to him for this unlike Rey or Ben. Just because he's an awesome pilot?
@DarthRen

Yes. Pilot to pilot. New adventures. I have zero emotional connection to the MF by the way. It’s fun, but objects mean little to me in terms of memories. It’s just that the awesome force users who on top of it are awesome MF pilots just sounds restrictive to me like the universe suddenly shrunk. It goes from a smuggler, a princess and a Jedi with their different set of skills in the OT to 2 who have it all. Don’t get me wrong, I do like the two, but I also enjoy it when things are a bit spread over the character ensemble so having someone else than the force superstar duo taking ownership of the MF would make sense to me.
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine Wed 18 Oct 2017, 7:25 am

SanghaRen wrote:
DarthRen wrote:

@DarthRen

@SanghaRen

@DarthRen

Yes. Pilot to pilot. New adventures. I have zero emotional connection to the MF by the way. It’s fun, but objects mean little to me in terms of memories. It’s just that the awesome force users who on top of it are awesome MF pilots just sounds restrictive to me like the universe suddenly shrunk. It goes from a smuggler, a princess and a Jedi with their different set of skills in the OT to 2 who have it all. Don’t get me wrong, I do like the two, but I also enjoy it when things are a bit spread over the character ensemble so having someone else than the force superstar duo taking ownership of the MF would make sense to me.
@SanghaRen

I hope no one hates me for this, but I want the Falcon to be destroyed. Either late into TLJ or in Act 1 of Ep IX

It would be the ultimate symbol of letting go of the past (OT) and of defeat and hopelessness.

If it gets destroyed in TLJ, it will really impact the story and the audience. It's like losing Han all over again. Kylo and Rey will be affected too personally. But then there's a chance that it'll magically be repaired (by Chewie and Maz ofc) and at the end of Ep9, it'l be given to Ben and Rey for their honeymoon trip to symbolize that Star Wars now entirely new.

If it gets destroyed in Act 1 of Ep9, then maybe it's never coming back.

Honestly to me, it's like Hedwig or Primrose dying.

*ducks blaster bolts*

Last edited by Rei of Sunshine on Wed 18 Oct 2017, 7:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Wed 18 Oct 2017, 7:25 am

SanghaRen wrote:
DarthRen wrote:

@DarthRen

@SanghaRen

@DarthRen

@SanghaRen

MF is a special piece to many fans, I'm not sure how would they react if someone entirely new got it without any emotional connection to previous owner, especially when we have his son still alive and a girl who he essentially gave keys to and looked after like his daughter. My sentiment is different from things to others, it depends but MF is such a historical and symbolic ship and part of SW universe. It should go into someone who has an emotional connection to it. I respect your opinion on this, it's not for everyone to be attached to objects of this kind.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nite0wl29 Wed 18 Oct 2017, 8:00 am

Rei of Sunshine wrote:
SanghaRen wrote:
DarthRen wrote:

@DarthRen

@SanghaRen

@DarthRen

@SanghaRen

I hope no one hates me for this, but I want the Falcon to be destroyed. Either late into TLJ or in Act 1 of Ep IX

It would be the ultimate symbol of letting go of the past (OT) and of defeat and hopelessness.

If it gets destroyed in TLJ, it will really impact the story and the audience. It's like losing Han all over again. Kylo and Rey will be affected too personally. But then there's a chance that it'll magically be repaired (by Chewie and Maz ofc) and at the end of Ep9, it'l be given to Ben and Rey for their honeymoon trip to symbolize that Star Wars now entirely new.

*ducks blaster bolts*
@Rei of Sunshine

Omg no! Anything but the MF yet! At least wait until we get to see Kylo pilot it for awhile Very Happy all the feels of him having his dad's ship back Surprised Very Happy
nite0wl29
nite0wl29
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

http://nite0wl29.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Wed 18 Oct 2017, 8:06 am

@“Rei of Sunshine”: I actually also thought about the MF being destroyed but did not dare to say it aloud Smile You know “let the past die, kill it if you have to”. The tagging of composed names still does not work on my ipad so I hope you see the post anyway.

@DarthRen: yeah, but with Ben, we come back to things having to be passed down the family tree and this message is to me a bit archaic. I think things can be passed down to someone who actually wants it and would use it properly. And Ben potentially getting both the legacy lightsaber and MF would be much. I think when someone wants to move away that much from his past, he doesn’t one day wake up and say “Actually, I did not realize it before, but I do want it.” I mean, in the end, it’s probably going to go the way you say, to not have a full generation of people cry their eyes out over a ship, but I like to think that maybe it will go another less expected way.

At the same time, I think Kylo haters would cry their eyes out too if he gets the MF. So there’s no perfect solution. Yeah, let it crash and burn Very Happy
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nite0wl29 Wed 18 Oct 2017, 8:17 am

SanghaRen wrote:@“Rei of Sunshine”: I actually also thought about the MF being destroyed but did not dare to say it aloud Smile You know “let the past die, kill it if you have to”. The tagging of composed names still does not work on my ipad so I hope you see the post anyway.

@DarthRen: yeah, but with Ben, we come back to things having to be passed down the family tree and this message is to me a bit archaic. I think things can be passed down to someone who actually wants it and would use it properly. And Ben potentially getting both the legacy lightsaber and MF would be much. I think when someone wants to move away that much from his past, he doesn’t one day wake up and say “Actually, I did not realize it before, but I do want it.” I mean, in the end, it’s probably going to go the way you say, to not have a full generation of people cry their eyes out over a ship, but I like to think that maybe it will go another less expected way.

At the same time, I think Kylo haters would cry their eyes out too if he gets the MF. So there’s no perfect solution. Yeah, let it crash and burn Very Happy
@SanghaRen

With all the Kylo haters I would love to know their reasoning for the hate had Vader survived in RotJ. I mean, the blood on his hands is far more than Kylo's. I certainly never heard the cries when Obi Wan died. The hypocrisy is ridiculous. BTW, I've been staring at your gif for probably 5 minutes trying to type this lol
nite0wl29
nite0wl29
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

http://nite0wl29.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PalmettoBlue Wed 18 Oct 2017, 8:27 am

DarthRen wrote:
IoJovi wrote:
Forsythia wrote:I am always surprised about the shocked reactions to Kylo reaching out to Rey. Who were way expecting her to interact with after all the TLJ promo focusing on only Rey and Kylo and the trailer itself always switching between these two? Even without that it's not that surprising. Kylo offered to be her teacher in TFA, did people think the line was meaningless for the future story?

Some people were also surprised that Luke is reluctant to train Rey. Did they think Luke hid on an island and kept the location secret just for fun? Did he look like he couldn't wait to train someone at the end of TFA? Maybe this all comes from their firm belief in Reywalker, and they just can't imagine a scenario where Luke is happy to see her?

The "Kylo is killing Leia!" reaction is also weird. Do they really think it would be spoiled how Leia dies in the trailer and didn't they notice his hesitation or conflicted face? I've even read a comment saying he looked "ruthless" in that scene Shocked
@Forsythia

You only show two similar scenes if the outcome is going to be different. Kylo offers to be her teacher at the end of TFA. Do they think she’s going to reject him again when he extends his hand to her? Kylo killed Han with tears in his eyes in TFA. Do they think Kylo is going to kill Leia when he’s nearly sobbing in TLJ?

This should be common sense to people, but here we are...
@IoJovi

My friends thinks that Kylo will turn to DS and to Snoke. Most of them thinks they will be typical hero vs villain. And I was like ...

The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - Page 40 Giphy
@DarthRen

Me too! And these are people I think are generally really clever, but, even in the face of the trailer....
I can't even.
PalmettoBlue
PalmettoBlue
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

https://palmettosdesk.blog/

Back to top Go down

Post by PalmettoBlue Wed 18 Oct 2017, 8:54 am

Rei of Sunshine wrote:
SanghaRen wrote:
DarthRen wrote:

@DarthRen

@SanghaRen

@DarthRen

@SanghaRen

*ducks blaster bolts*
@Rei of Sunshine

*Throws self on side of MF. NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! You can't blow it up; you just can't!

If there is any one piece of materiel that I'd like to stay as part of the SW saga, it the MF. I'd rather destroy the Legacy saber...it was gone for a generation - blow it up instead. Hell, ditch R2 and 3PO if you have to, but not the Falcon.
The MF, to me, is iconic, and I'd miss it more than Han Solo. My personal white picket dream for the end of the saga films is that Ben and Rey fly off in the Falcon and make their lives traveling the stars. Yes, I know that it's a pipe dream, but you know, people thrive on pipe dreams sometimes.
They also argue over who should pilot it, but Rey does most of the time because Ben will never totally forgive himself for killing his father. But Ben will love being aboard the ship because that's where he feels closest to him.

All that said - I can see the Falcon being in danger as a major part of the tease for Epi 9....Probably in the trailer. Can you imagine that sort of fan meltdown if the Falcon appears to blow up?

It'd be 1000x worse that wrecking Baby on Supernatural.
The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - Page 40 Tumblr_mjbrp4odCG1rtvz6co4_250
PalmettoBlue
PalmettoBlue
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

https://palmettosdesk.blog/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40