Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Jedi Trailer(s)

+70
Jakku
BigDeal2187
PalmettoBlue
Camaro
gwendy85
Kylo Rey
tukicarreno
Man Without A Star
Maria26
RosiePancake
Kyla Ren
Darth Rowan
Anakin Skywalker
ZioRen
Geralt_Riv
spacebaby45678
Blood Moon
Rimfaxe96
Krafty
Gemini
Armadeus
Airemyn
EchoBase
bashfulblueeyes3
jakkusun
MindAndMagic
Blackcanary
MyOnlyHope
MrsWindu
Rei of Sunshine
Kylo Men
motherofpearl1
panki
Lily Snape
shii405
rey09
Mana
Little_Boots
MeadowofAshes
Piper Maru
vaderito
CienaRee
LadyHa
Moonlight13
Saracene
ISeeAnIsland
Birdwoman
Reylo Lemon
Irina de France
nite0wl29
Darth_Awakened
FrolickingFizzgig
AceofWands
Darth Dingbat
DarthRen
IoJovi
Xylo Ren
SanghaRen
reylo1992
SkyStar
fuhry
SoloSideCousin
Night Huntress
SheLitAFire
Cowgirlsamurai
Moonjump05
Forsythia
Tex
snufkin
ReyofLightSide
74 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - Page 39 Empty Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s)

Post by Forsythia Tue 17 Oct 2017, 7:16 pm

I am always surprised about the shocked reactions to Kylo reaching out to Rey. Who were way expecting her to interact with after all the TLJ promo focusing on only Rey and Kylo and the trailer itself always switching between these two? Even without that it's not that surprising. Kylo offered to be her teacher in TFA, did people think the line was meaningless for the future story?

Some people were also surprised that Luke is reluctant to train Rey. Did they think Luke hid on an island and kept the location secret just for fun? Did he look like he couldn't wait to train someone at the end of TFA? Maybe this all comes from their firm belief in Reywalker, and they just can't imagine a scenario where Luke is happy to see her?

The "Kylo is killing Leia!" reaction is also weird. Do they really think it would be spoiled how Leia dies in the trailer and didn't they notice his hesitation or conflicted face? I've even read a comment saying he looked "ruthless" in that scene Shocked
Forsythia
Forsythia
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Tue 17 Oct 2017, 7:25 pm

Forsythia wrote:I am always surprised about the shocked reactions to Kylo reaching out to Rey. Who were way expecting her to interact with after all the TLJ promo focusing on only Rey and Kylo and the trailer itself always switching between these two? Even without that it's not that surprising. Kylo offered to be her teacher in TFA, did people think the line was meaningless for the future story?

Some people were also surprised that Luke is reluctant to train Rey. Did they think Luke hid on an island and kept the location secret just for fun? Did he look like he couldn't wait to train someone at the end of TFA? Maybe this all comes from their firm belief in Reywalker, and they just can't imagine a scenario where Luke is happy to see her?

The "Kylo is killing Leia!" reaction is also weird. Do they really think it would be spoiled how Leia dies in the trailer and didn't they notice his hesitation or conflicted face? I've even read a comment saying he looked "ruthless" in that scene Shocked
@Forsythia

You only show two similar scenes if the outcome is going to be different. Kylo offers to be her teacher at the end of TFA. Do they think she’s going to reject him again when he extends his hand to her? Kylo killed Han with tears in his eyes in TFA. Do they think Kylo is going to kill Leia when he’s nearly sobbing in TLJ?

This should be common sense to people, but here we are...
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsythia Tue 17 Oct 2017, 7:38 pm

There are also people who think there is no difference in the way Kylo treats Poe and Rey when he interrogates them, so it shouldn't be too surprising that some people can't foresee that Leia and Kylo's hand will turn out different from his similar scenes in TFA. I really hope these people will finally get it and accept a Kylo redemption arc.

Last edited by Forsythia on Tue 17 Oct 2017, 7:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Forsythia
Forsythia
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Tue 17 Oct 2017, 7:38 pm

IoJovi wrote:
Forsythia wrote:I am always surprised about the shocked reactions to Kylo reaching out to Rey. Who were way expecting her to interact with after all the TLJ promo focusing on only Rey and Kylo and the trailer itself always switching between these two? Even without that it's not that surprising. Kylo offered to be her teacher in TFA, did people think the line was meaningless for the future story?

@Forsythia

You only show two similar scenes if the outcome is going to be different. Kylo offers to be her teacher at the end of TFA. Do they think she’s going to reject him again when he extends his hand to her? Kylo killed Han with tears in his eyes in TFA. Do they think Kylo is going to kill Leia when he’s nearly sobbing in TLJ?

@IoJovi

My friends thinks that Kylo will turn to DS and to Snoke. Most of them thinks they will be typical hero vs villain. And I was like ...

The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - Page 39 Giphy
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Tex Tue 17 Oct 2017, 7:39 pm

IoJovi wrote:

@Forsythia

You only show two similar scenes if the outcome is going to be different.  Kylo offers to be her teacher at the end of TFA.  Do they think she’s going to reject him again when he extends his hand to her?  Kylo killed Han with tears in his eyes in TFA.  Do they think Kylo is going to kill Leia when he’s nearly sobbing in TLJ?  

@IoJovi

At this point I just throw my hands up. I can't help people who refuse to see the obvious. LF is trying to prime people with the trailer and marketing. To bad so many people have dug their heels into the ground. I expect to see crazy "OMG you're never going to believe what happens in TLJ" headlines come December. Are people just that blind OR are we just that smart? Maybe its a combination of both? Laughing
Tex
Tex
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsythia Tue 17 Oct 2017, 8:02 pm

I really don't understand how people can be blind to all the foreshadowing and completely misinterpret Kylo's character. I also don't understand why people hang on to Reywalker without even giving a thought to alternative theories. When I went to see TFA for the first time, I thought Rey would turn out to be Leia's daughter and I hated (or tried to hate) Kylo at first for killing Han. But somehow that didn't prevent me from noticing Reylo or seeing how killing Han affected Kylo, and therefore reconsidering my earlier Skywalker theories. I can't wait for the shocked reactions when Reylo happens and Kylo gets his redemption arc, but I bet the Reywalker believers in my family will conveniently forget they were a bit condescending to me for not realizing that Rey obviously is Luke's daughter... (The whole situation reminds me of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, where some people ridiculed me for my theories about Snape, which later turned out to be right)
Forsythia
Forsythia
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Tue 17 Oct 2017, 8:24 pm

@Forsythia
Yes, they thought that line from Kylo was 100% meaningless. They were utterly convinced that this was going to be the story of Jedi Goddess Rey S[olo]kywalker who serves as a role model to girls everywhere by stomping on her evil cousin/brother. Luke would be her perfect mentor and could never disappoint her and many, many saw Kylo killing Leia next, because apparently the measure of a villain is in how many OT characters he offs. There could be no character development for Rey, Kylo, Luke, Finn or anyone else post what TFA gave them.

I've come to accept that some people are mentally incapable of seeing the "big picture" in a story. That doesn't mean they're stupid (some of these people might be NASA scientists, for example), but humans are born with different capacities and gifts. Some are born without or never develop the capacity to understand a narrative, or a story. I'll give you an example right here. I bet you'll all be able to figure out the answer in a heartbeat:

My sister's an education student and her class was studying learning disabilities in children. Her teacher asked a question that went something like this: "The child of a single mother is diagnosed with ADHD. Medication works when the mother remembers to give it with her son, but the mother is still having trouble holding down a job. What advice would you give the mother?"

Spoiler:

Apparently almost nobody in my sister's class answered this question correctly. Most said she was just stressed because of her kid's difficulties. IMO, the reason many can't put 2 and 2 together is because it's a question that relies on fitting together the pieces of a narrative--of the mother's story. So for some, it doesn't matter how much evidence you point out. All they will see is that Kylo killed Han, is evil and Rey hates him. That's as far as their mind will go because they haven't seen the next piece of the story yet, and they aren't mentally incapable of imagining what it could look like. Reylo is just too abstract a concept. Even redemption for Kylo is too abstract because "he killed Han Solo", etc. Instead of taking a piece and trying to see how it fits in to narrative/character, they toss around theories that fail to have bearings on either like "what OT character is Rey related to", ""who's gonna lose a hand", "Who is Snoke", etc.

Last edited by FrolickingFizzgig on Tue 17 Oct 2017, 9:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Tue 17 Oct 2017, 8:37 pm

Well said!

I have a question. Saw this on @BastilaBey site. Someone asked if the scene from this teaser could be a part of Reach Out:

So what do eagle eyes think? He isn't wearing his cape in either, that much I can see. There's some reflection behind him that isn't smoke/steam/dust but more like some type of a wall unless it's a really thick fog.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Tue 17 Oct 2017, 8:46 pm

vaderito wrote:Well said!

I have a question. Saw this on @BastilaBey site. Someone asked if the scene from this teaser could be a part of Reach Out:

So what do eagle eyes think? He isn't wearing his cape in either, that much I can see. There's some reflection behind him that isn't smoke/steam/dust but more like some type of a wall unless it's a really thick fog.
@vaderito

It looks like something like a cave with an opening to the outside where you can get some good light.

Either that, or a ship where light comes into a darker room. There is something angular behind him on the wall.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Tue 17 Oct 2017, 8:51 pm

If we go by the color of the grey background, it corresponds with the background here:

The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - Page 39 000263250hr_full-length

So Throne Room.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Tue 17 Oct 2017, 8:53 pm

SoloSideCousin wrote:
vaderito wrote:Well said!

@vaderito

It looks like something like a cave with an opening to the outside where you can get some good light.

Either that, or a ship where light comes into a darker room. There is something angular behind him on the wall.
@SoloSideCousin

Caves on Crait? I had this feeling that we'll see more than one fight with Kylo and Rey. But it doesn't make much sense, if Supremacy fight is before.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Acritiqua Tue 17 Oct 2017, 10:21 pm

I think Kylo reaching out may be after the Supremacy crashes on Crait (in/near the crash debris). They might have had a Crait fight too. But I can't put together what has changed.

I might have been thinking Crait battle from the doll packing though
The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - Page 39 F49dCHuThe Last Jedi Trailer(s) - Page 39 TgWTA3N
Acritiqua
Acritiqua
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Wed 18 Oct 2017, 2:10 am

Acritiqua wrote:I think Kylo reaching out may be after the Supremacy crashes on Crait (in/near the crash debris). They might have had a Crait fight too. But I can't put together what has changed.

The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - Page 39 F49dCHuThe Last Jedi Trailer(s) - Page 39 TgWTA3N
@Acritiqua

Funny with the launch of these dolls being pushed back to end of January. It could really just be a shortage in the supply chain, but the x-files conspirationist - is that even an official English word? - in me wonders if it’s not because they don’t want to push too much the non-threatening looking Kylo with new hairdo Rey. I mean it was end of October and it jumped back 3 months missing the Xmas biz.

Off topic, but why do they always have Rey with a gun in toys? Who needs a gun when you have a lightsaber? I would expect Rey to ditch that gun at one point and use only the lightsaber.

EDIT

It just ocurred to me, but could they have postponed the launch because they want to change something in the design of the dolls? Please make them change Kylo’s eyebrows so he looks less stunned...
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Wed 18 Oct 2017, 4:16 am

Forsythia wrote:

@Forsythia

ruthless??? Sapristi he's trembling and nearly crying... how can anybody be so bad in reading facial features? I hope they better at it in real life.

Adam has such an expressive face and his acting is fantastic.

But I have to admit- my husband isn't good in figuring out the bigger picture of a story either. In GoT I mostly guessed were the story will go correctly... he was still confused even after he saw what was happening IYF
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Wed 18 Oct 2017, 4:35 am

Acritiqua wrote:I think Kylo reaching out may be after the Supremacy crashes on Crait (in/near the crash debris). They might have had a Crait fight too. But I can't put together what has changed.

@Acritiqua

Kylo's hand is shaking, so any fight must have ben befoe, because I can't imagine if Rey attacks him if he helped her but fight on Crait is possible, eventho so many fights it kinda loses purpose.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Acritiqua Wed 18 Oct 2017, 4:38 am

I think it could make sense to have one fight at the beginning and one at the end as it shows what has changed. In the first fight Kylo might have been wanting vengeance (if all the talk of that is true). The second fight precedes him offering his hand. The problem is I don't know why or how.

I'm really just basing this idea on the way flames are falling in the image of Kylo reaching out and the background could be debris smoke from the Supremacy.
Acritiqua
Acritiqua
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Wed 18 Oct 2017, 4:41 am

I get that. It's like if he helped Rey, I just don't know why would Rey attack him or Kylo. I mean something happened that Kylo's hand was shaking, so either some fight, Rey used Force in a big way or Kylo is emotionally shaken having bertrayed Snoke.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Acritiqua Wed 18 Oct 2017, 4:50 am

I'm still going with the idea that Kylo invades Crait therefore he and Rey can't be on the same side at that point. Mainly because there are two images that support this: It seems his ship is hovering over the line of gorilla walkers and he is leading troops into the mine. I remember an earlier suggestion that Kylo was there earlier but there's the shot of Leia by the giant door on Crait (which I assume is coming from inside the Resistance base).
Acritiqua
Acritiqua
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Wed 18 Oct 2017, 4:58 am

Agree that Kylo and Rey are on opposite sides and Kylo is invading Crait. It's him in the caves and his shuttle. I don't know how hand reaching scene, Kylo leading trops on Crait and into the caves and Supremacy fits together. Timeline and what are they doing. Three fights would be kinda overkill from my perspective. Vader and Luke had two fights, so did Vader/Anakin and Obi-Wan, more youfight the more purpose it loses.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase Wed 18 Oct 2017, 5:01 am

SanghaRen wrote:

@Acritiqua

Funny with the launch of these dolls being pushed back to end of January. It could really just be a shortage in the supply chain, but the x-files conspirationist - is that even an official English word? - in me wonders if it’s not because they don’t want to push too much the non-threatening looking Kylo with new hairdo Rey. I mean it was end of October and it jumped back 3 months missing the Xmas biz.

Off topic, but why do they always have Rey with a gun in toys? Who needs a gun when you have a lightsaber? I would expect Rey to ditch that gun at one point and use only the lightsaber.

EDIT

It just ocurred to me, but could they have postponed the launch because they want to change something in the design of the dolls? Please make them change Kylo’s eyebrows so he looks less stunned...
@SanghaRen

The question is why does she still have this blaster? She was holding it on Takodana when she met Kylo and he froze her, then she fainted. What happened to the blaster? Did it fall on the ground and Kylo was like “cool, Dad’s blaster, I’m gonna pick it up and put it back in her belt holster.”

No. Plot holes don’t annoy me.
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Wed 18 Oct 2017, 5:12 am

@EchoBase

Well, I like Pablo’s view that things happen offscreen so I don’t care about how the blaster reappeared just like I don’t care about Kylo’s helmet reappearing with the exact dents, etc. For me, it’s more about why a force user still cares for a gun. Besides, with that stupid blaster, the doll’s right hand is formed to fit the blaster. I would rather it’s formed so she can hold the saber properly.
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Wed 18 Oct 2017, 5:33 am

I remember initially wondering how Rey got the blaster back too. I stopped wondering as much, but I'm assuming there's a reason...

Regardless of how she got it back, perhaps she keeps it now because Han gave it to her?
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase Wed 18 Oct 2017, 5:40 am

SanghaRen wrote:@EchoBase

Well, I like Pablo’s view that things happen offscreen so I don’t care about how the blaster reappeared just like I don’t care about Kylo’s helmet reappearing with the exact dents, etc. For me, it’s more about why a force user still cares for a gun. Besides, with that stupid blaster, the doll’s right hand is formed to fit the blaster. I would rather it’s formed so she can hold the saber properly.
@SanghaRen

Sure, then they can have a short story or a comic or a FOD Episode about that damn blaster Razz.

I also think, she keeps it because of Han. Somehow he was her mentor.
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Wed 18 Oct 2017, 5:42 am

Kessel wrote:I remember initially wondering how Rey got the blaster back too. I stopped wondering as much, but I'm assuming there's a reason...

Regardless of how she got it back, perhaps she keeps it now because Han gave it to her?
@Kessel

They said that Han's memory lives on not only with Kylo and his guilt but Leia, Chewie and also Finn and Rey. So it's kinda symbolical for Rey to have that blaster, because she doesn't need it, but it's what Han gave her this blaster. Also, it was a symbolic gesture of Han passing his legacy onto Rey, Chewie follows her and she has MF. As much as I would love Ben to eventually fly it at the end, it's Rey's now. It's who Han choose for the next pilot of MF.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Wed 18 Oct 2017, 6:16 am

I do like Han, but all of this is very melodramatic if you ask me Smile So that blaster would still be there for the OT fans - and I am one - so they can say “she still has Han’s blaster” *tears rolling down their cheeks* Sorry for the sarcasm. It’s one of these days where it comes up as a defense mechanism to cope with whatever sith is bugging me.

I guess I am more interested in Rey embracing the Force. And it would probably annoy me less if it was kept on the left side and not so predominant. I mean what is she going to do with it? Shoot at Kylo. Like that worked the first time around. Yeah, I know, I am complaining about a toy making sense...

Still, I am curious to see if maybe they will change something in the design. Maybe they got new information and have to adapt? Change Rey’s right hand so it fits into Kylo’s hand and kids - young and less young - can replay a TLJ scene. Or add a pair of yellow eyes... Twisted Evil

@DarthRen

I am not so sure about the MF ultimately being Rey’s. What if Poe survives - although based on the trailer, it’s looking grim - and he gets it at the end. Personally, I would not mind if neither Rey nor Ben keeps it. Now that would be a fresh start. I know, I know, it would piss off some people. I do wonder if Chewie will indeed return home at the end of the trilogy - he can’t die, please no.
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next