Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reylo Shippers Universe

+30
tukicarreno
Kylo Men
ISeeAnIsland
rey09
Anakin Skywalker
PalmettoBlue
Xylo Ren
Airemyn
SanghaRen
Kessel
ReyofLightSide
Moonlight13
SheLitAFire
DarthRen
snufkin
Cowgirlsamurai
Camaro
Tex
Darth Dingbat
nite0wl29
vaderito
Nyx
IoJovi
Forsythia
Darth_Awakened
Saracene
Mana
SkyStar
FrolickingFizzgig
shii405
34 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Reylo Shippers Universe - Page 3 Empty Re: Reylo Shippers Universe

Post by SkyStar Tue 05 Dec 2017, 5:03 am

Night Huntress wrote:
Rimfaxe96 wrote:
@Night Huntress
Adam Driver's looks. But the German GA is 99% shallowness only anyway. Plenty of them don't find Rey appealing either because of her lacking breasts. Rolling Eyes

@Rimfaxe96

What??? Seriously?  Shocked  I cheer on every female actor who decides to keep her body natural and don't pump their breasts full of silicone!
But Germans are a bit grumpy anyway- If you take a look into social media and read the comments about any random topic they always complain about everything - some of them should get a hobby- or a life  Rolling Eyes

@Forsythia

well, I have to be honest - I didn't like Adam in the beginning either... he has this unconventional look and nowadays the audiences are more used to "pretty faces". I guess they expected the son of Han and Leia looking...different. More like Anakin (Hayden Christensen).
But, I would never ever insult an actor or person because of his looks- people who does that are ugly inside.

Adam can be very attractive but his looks is something you need time to get used to?  Confus

I'm curious how the German fandom or GA will react if they realize Kylo might be redeemed or become the love interest of the heroine.
@Night Huntress

I also wasn't fan of Adam after TFA and he grow on me. But the thing is - I don't really believe that people calling him ugly in TFA is so much because of his looks as the way he carried himself on purpose. In the moments when he unmasked his face was so pouty and well arrogant that combined with people finding him whiny, without knowing his background, that probably made this mix even more potent.
From the first watching I actually more remember his two unmaskings (and in that his face reminds me of Hux (and the feeling he has a stick up his arse) as he takes off the mask and then he starts to make the most stiff face he can, because obviously he wants to keep his facade). Only after that his features soften and it becomes a different deal.
I watched a Russian video, which basically blamed Kylo's face for ruining the movie, but I don't think it will be the same with TLJ. And I think that while seeing TLJ it will change, because he would play emotions and kindness and it will show in his features. There still be people who complain, but oh well.
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Tue 05 Dec 2017, 5:13 am

panki wrote:
Get that here as well...an overall disappointment about the new heroes in general (on an average, most people here consider Han Solo the best looking Star Wars character in all the saga movies so far). I've heard of people complain about Kylo's looks and Rey not being curvy enough...but then again there are people here who find her beautiful and like the fact Kylo is so tall and carries himself impressively.
@panki

I think some people always find something to complain about- look at my signature... "negative people always find a problem for every solution".

I remember back when the Hunger Games came out I read a lot of comments that Jennifer Lawrence was too curvy (some even called her fat- yeah, whatever Rolling Eyes ) to play Katniss - she should have looked more starved. Err no

Now in TFA we have this girl living her whole life on scraps, having to work physically hard to even earn herself ¼ potion of food and they complain she is not curvy enough? Confus

Regarding Adam's looks- I think it's partly fault of the Hollywood film industry. Our perception of how someone should look is totally false.
Most of the TV- Show casts are conventional good looking guys (and women)- they look like they stepped out of a commercial for shower gel or a shaver. So some people cringe if they see someone who doesn't fit in this template. It's sad really.

I'm glad they choose someone like him over a pretty faced role model.
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsythia Tue 05 Dec 2017, 5:19 am

Night Huntress wrote:
Rimfaxe96 wrote:
@Night Huntress
Adam Driver's looks. But the German GA is 99% shallowness only anyway. Plenty of them don't find Rey appealing either because of her lacking breasts. Rolling Eyes

@Rimfaxe96

What??? Seriously?  Shocked  I cheer on every female actor who decides to keep her body natural and don't pump their breasts full of silicone!
But Germans are a bit grumpy anyway- If you take a look into social media and read the comments about any random topic they always complain about everything - some of them should get a hobby- or a life  Rolling Eyes

@Forsythia

well, I have to be honest - I didn't like Adam in the beginning either... he has this unconventional look and nowadays the audiences are more used to "pretty faces". I guess they expected the son of Han and Leia looking...different. More like Anakin (Hayden Christensen).
But, I would never ever insult an actor or person because of his looks- people who does that are ugly inside.

Adam can be very attractive but his looks is something you need time to get used to?  Confus

I'm curious how the German fandom or GA will react if they realize Kylo might be redeemed or become the love interest of the heroine.
@Night Huntress

I didn't find Adam attractive at first either, but that didn't stop me from liking the character. It's just so weird that people complain about his looks as if that was the only thing that mattered Rolling Eyes I also don't understand why they only want to see perfect people on screen. Real people aren't perfect and I find it easier to relate to characters who are at least a bit flawed.

BTW, I'm curious how many of those shallow people who complain about Adam's looks would suddenly start gushing over him if we got a shirtless Kylo scene...
Forsythia
Forsythia
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Tue 05 Dec 2017, 9:31 am

I find Adam SO attractive. I love tall, dark men.

Last edited by Atenais on Tue 05 Dec 2017, 12:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Tue 05 Dec 2017, 10:03 am

Atenais wrote:I find Adam DO attractive. I love tall, dark men.
@Atenais

If somebody would ask what my type is, I would say tall, blonde and blue eyes.
I remember having a big crush on Hayden Christensen when I learned he would play Anakin Skywalker... and then I saw AotC Sapristi Ugh

Anyway- I do find Adam attractive... because I started to like him. The way he talks in interviews etc. he is a very sympathetic guy and my awareness changed. To be fair- he is not your typical pretty faced actor... but he is interesting with his unconventional looks.

The most mean comments are from men. I think they are jealous that someone "normal" can be such a magnet for female attention.
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsythia Tue 05 Dec 2017, 11:10 am

Night Huntress wrote:The most mean comments are from men. I think they are jealous that someone "normal" can be such a magnet for female attention.
@Night Huntress
I think you're right, they might be jealous that "normal" people can get so much attention. I've seen the same happening with other unconventional looking actors. For example, there have been a lot of mean comments about Eddie Redmayne because he isn't "masculine" enough and there have been complaints that Eddie's Newt isn't a good lead character for Fantastic Beasts, because he doesn't look or act like the typical hero, and that both Newt and Tina are boring because they are shy. But why should heroes always look and act the same? I think it's refreshing to get less "masculine" characters and more variety. I love Kylo because he isn't a cool masculine character like Vader, and because he's emotional, conflicted and flawed. That's so much more interesting than a character who is always cool (not that I dislike Vader, I think he's a cool villain, but not every character should be like him).
Forsythia
Forsythia
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire Tue 05 Dec 2017, 11:10 am

My "type" is tall, slender, dark hair, dark eyes, fair skin (my husband is medium height, very muscular/stout (former rugby player), blue-green eyes, blonde hair haha). Personality wise, I like brooding, Byronic-Hero lol (my husband is very outgoing and charismatic, usually the life of every party, so again, very different than what I consider "my type" haha)

I have a thing for noses. I like bumpy, long noses. I find them incredibly attractive. (Like Adrian Brody's nose is fine by me lol)...and either 5 o'clock shadows or full beards (no goatees)

Adam definitely fits in that. My main celebrity crushes, though, are: Aidan Gillen (LOTS of roles, but mostly famous for Petyr Baelish on GoT, don't hate. The man is hot irl, I just wanna tangle my hands in his hair when it's longer and more curly than it was on GoT), I had a HUGE crush on Alan Rickman when he was still alive, Gabriel Macht, young Colin Firth, George Clooney, Luke Newberry, Jim Sturgess, young Jeremy Northam, Richard Armitage, I definitely had a crush on Hayden Christensen as a teenager lol

My main thing with Adam is I actually ONLY find him attractive in SW. I don't prefer him with facial hair and I like how his hair is styled in SW more than irl. It's weird, I know.
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Tue 05 Dec 2017, 11:16 am

SheLitAFire wrote:My "type" is tall, slender, dark hair, dark eyes, fair skin (my husband is medium height, very muscular/stout (former rugby player), blue-green eyes, blonde hair haha). Personality wise, I like brooding, Byronic-Hero lol (my husband is very outgoing and charismatic, usually the life of every party, so again, very different than what I consider "my type" haha)

I have a thing for noses. I like bumpy, long noses. I find them incredibly attractive. (Like Adrian Brody's nose is fine by me lol)...and either 5 o'clock shadows or full beards (no goatees)

Adam definitely fits in that. My main celebrity crushes, though, are: Aidan Gillen (LOTS of roles, but mostly famous for Petyr Baelish on GoT, don't hate. The man is hot irl, I just wanna tangle my hands in his hair when it's longer and more curly than it was on GoT), I had a HUGE crush on Alan Rickman when he was still alive, Gabriel Macht, young Colin Firth, George Clooney, Luke Newberry, Jim Sturgess, young Jeremy Northam, Richard Armitage, I definitely had a crush on Hayden Christensen as a teenager lol

My main thing with Adam is I actually ONLY find him attractive in SW. I don't prefer him with facial hair and I like how his hair is styled in SW more than irl. It's weird, I know.
@SheLitAFire

Yay, someone like me!!!  Count me in this!  I find Adam Driver to be a good looking guy, but honestly he's not someone who would turn my head in every day clothes.  As Kylo Ren though?  OMG someone douse me with water because I am on fire for him - I have not found a character to be THAT sexually attractive in I can't remember how long.  

@Forsythia I am a HUGE fan of Eddie Redmayne.  I can't begin to describe how pleased I was when I read that he was the sole other actor who tried out for the part of Kylo Ren while Adam Driver was making his decision to take the role.  I'm glad Adam took the part in the end, but I do think Eddie would have done a phenomenal job.  He can play a wide range of characters as well as emotions, which is a must for that character.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Tue 05 Dec 2017, 11:38 am

IoJovi wrote:
Yay, someone like me!!!  Count me in this!  I find Adam Driver to be a good looking guy, but honestly he's not someone who would turn my head in every day clothes.  As Kylo Ren though?  OMG someone douse me with water because I am on fire for him - I have not found a character to be THAT sexually attractive in I can't remember how long. 

Funny, I wasn't impressed when I first saw him in TFA - I mean I thought his acting was great... but I wasn't drawn to Kylo Ren in that way. Naw

I like his real life looks- and facial hair (when it's cropped short) and I'm totally into men with deep voice (yeah, my husband has that too Mwehe ) I can listen to him talking for hours.

IoJovi wrote:
@Forsythia I am a HUGE fan of Eddie Redmayne.  I can't begin to describe how pleased I was when I read that he was the sole other actor who tried out for the part of Kylo Ren while Adam Driver was making his decision to take the role.  I'm glad Adam took the part in the end, but I do think Eddie would have done a phenomenal job.  He can play a wide range of characters as well as emotions, which is a must for that character.
@IoJovi

Oh, I like him too! - But to be honst I'm glad Adam took the part. Or maybe I just can't image anyone else as Kylo Ren now... just like Mark Hamill will always be Luke Skywalker.
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar Tue 05 Dec 2017, 11:40 am

SheLitAFire wrote:My "type" is tall, slender, dark hair, dark eyes, fair skin (my husband is medium height, very muscular/stout (former rugby player), blue-green eyes, blonde hair haha). Personality wise, I like brooding, Byronic-Hero lol (my husband is very outgoing and charismatic, usually the life of every party, so again, very different than what I consider "my type" haha)

@SheLitAFire

I also prefer tall men with dark hair and eyes and long noses. I don't know why, but I find anxiety charming and often go for the nervous types who like to sit in anxious posture and have under eye circles because they haven't been sleeping a lot lately and they usually are more like a puzzle to me. If I meet someone like that I start to bubble-chat with them until they open up to me, because they usually are introverts. I also like some feminine features or softness, delicacy. 

With Adam - I like him outside SW, but he can look so different - you never guess. But then when I think he can't look more handsome, he just strikes again. So I am excited about all the shots we will get with Kylo in TLJ, hehe. He just looks so good in dark, aristocratic outfits.
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Wed 27 Dec 2017, 9:33 am

I met another shipper today IRL! Very Happy I brought Cobalt Squadron with me to a doctor’s appointment and the nurse asked if I’d seen TLJ. Her next comment was, “Don’t you just want to see Kylo Ren and Rey get together?!” She also said she’d like to see Kylo “turn good” and that Adam only appeals to her in Star Wars. She asked me if I thought they CG his face to look younger, lol.
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by shii405 Thu 28 Dec 2017, 5:08 am

haha... at a doctor's appointment! such a random place but im so glad you found another reylo! i just found out my friend from another fandom is a Reylo too, yay! this is what she said,

saw star wars! entertaining but the humor made me sigh a lot
mostly disappointed that after all the stuff about complexity and redemption we still ended up with dark kylo ren and light rey. where’s my slightly unhinged jedi power couple, huh

but then another friend replied her,
I would like him to be redeemed but not to be coupled with anyone. I kinda like the relationship dynamics the way they are.

and, I'm like,
Reylo Shippers Universe - Page 3 Tumblr11

My older brother also texted me that he just watched TLJ and he said he love it, he don't understand why people criticize it. But then when I started talking about how much I love Reylo scenes etc etc, he never replied back about Reylo, instead he kept texting me about how much he love Holdo and all of her scenes, lol

I watched it 3rd time with a female Japanese friend and while she also love the movie, and we both are fangirling Adam/Kylo so much, but when I talk about how much I love Reylo and asked her what she think of Reylo, she just said "I don't get why there is no back story about why Rey is so strong with the Force..."

Reylo Shippers Universe - Page 3 Tumblr11

Seriously, people?

So, that's like only 1 out of 4 people in my life who actually GET Reylo... is this really the percentage? Only 25% of GA gets Reylo?? I feel so frustrated, lol

I'll just stay safe in this forum. My home, my shelter. *hugs this forum*
shii405
shii405
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by PalmettoBlue Fri 29 Dec 2017, 12:06 pm

I remember letting out a soft moan in TFA as Adam took off his mask when I went with friends. My female friend was like: You find him attractive? She sounded incredulous. I was just like - uhhh, yes...

I didn’t feel quite the same at the first viewing with my husband. I was too startled by the reveal (I went in totally unspoiled), it was in 3D which I find distracting as all get out, AND my husband was sitting beside me. I think I just blinked and thought: he’s hot. And then I was so confused for the rest of that scene. The whole movie, really.

Now it makes sense.

And shii - I think 25% is a generous number...before TLJ, I’d put it at less than 10%.
PalmettoBlue
PalmettoBlue
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

https://palmettosdesk.blog/

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Fri 29 Dec 2017, 12:48 pm

PalmettoBlue wrote:I remember letting out a soft moan in TFA as Adam took off his mask when I went with friends. My female friend was like: You find him attractive? She sounded incredulous. I was just like - uhhh, yes...

I didn’t feel quite the same at the first viewing with my husband. I was too startled by the reveal (I went in totally unspoiled), it was in 3D which I find distracting as all get out, AND my husband was sitting beside me. I think I just blinked and thought: he’s hot. And then I was so confused for the rest of that scene. The whole movie, really.

Now it makes sense.

And shii - I think 25% is a generous number...before TLJ, I’d put it at less than 10%.
@PalmettoBlue

Weird, because every single person I’ve talked to in real life gets it. The consensus though is he going to not live through the redemption process. Granted they aren’t diehards like us, but they do see it.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire Fri 29 Dec 2017, 7:03 pm

IoJovi wrote:
PalmettoBlue wrote:I remember letting out a soft moan in TFA as Adam took off his mask when I went with friends. My female friend was like: You find him attractive? She sounded incredulous. I was just like - uhhh, yes...

Now it makes sense.

@PalmettoBlue

Weird, because every single person I’ve talked to in real life gets it. The consensus though is he going to not live through the redemption process. Granted they aren’t diehards like us, but they do see it.
@IoJovi

Hmmm...I have to explain Reylo to nearly everyone I know in real life (I think maybe 1 person I know picked up on it). Like even after TLJ, I still had to explain that there's some kind of romantic connection and physical attraction happening. Some see attraction and sexual tension, but don't see it as romance. Some saw a spiritual connection, but not romantic or sexual. And some flat out say that Kylo threw her under the bus when he lied to Hux about her killing Snoke and probably lied about her parents so he's still a bad guy even if he saved her from Snoke (my dad).
My mom says he should be redeemed and she feels for him, but she doesn't think he'll live after he's redeemed. She doesn't think the romantic hints were super strong/evident.
My brother is confused.
My dad says he should not be redeemed and should die (SMH. My dad is an OT & Vader fanboy, like wat r u thinking there, sir??)
2 guy friends said "ok, we believe you" after I had to explain Reylo to them. But they didn't really pick up on it during either movie. (They call themselves dense, and it's true). One saw it a 2nd time and was like "yeah, I picked up on it more after you said something"
My husband says he sees physical attraction there but not sure there's a romance or going to be a romance.
Another friend isn't sure it'll be a full blown romance.
I haven't talked to my 1 girl friend yet because she hadn't seen it yet when I asked, but she might pick up on Reylo more because she's pretty perceptive and reads a lot of classic romances like P&P and Jane Eyre

So...yeah. I'm pretty alone IRL.
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Fri 29 Dec 2017, 7:13 pm

SheLitAFire wrote:
IoJovi wrote:

Now it makes sense.

@PalmettoBlue

@IoJovi

Hmmm...I have to explain Reylo to nearly everyone I know in real life (I think maybe 1 person I know picked up on it). Like even after TLJ, I still had to explain that there's some kind of romantic connection and physical attraction happening. Some see attraction and sexual tension, but don't see it as romance. Some saw a spiritual connection, but not romantic or sexual. And some flat out say that Kylo threw her under the bus when he lied to Hux about her killing Snoke and probably lied about her parents so he's still a bad guy even if he saved her from Snoke (my dad).
My mom says he should be redeemed and she feels for him, but she doesn't think he'll live after he's redeemed. She doesn't think the romantic hints were super strong/evident.
My brother is confused.
My dad says he should not be redeemed and should die (SMH. My dad is an OT & Vader fanboy, like wat r u thinking there, sir??)
2 guy friends said "ok, we believe you" after I had to explain Reylo to them. But they didn't really pick up on it during either movie. (They call themselves dense, and it's true). One saw it a 2nd time and was like "yeah, I picked up on it more after you said something"
My husband says he sees physical attraction there but not sure there's a romance or going to be a romance.
Another friend isn't sure it'll be a full blown romance.
I haven't talked to my 1 girl friend yet because she hadn't seen it yet when I asked, but she might pick up on Reylo more because she's pretty perceptive and reads a lot of classic romances like P&P and Jane Eyre

So...yeah. I'm pretty alone IRL.
@SheLitAFire

I think for some people it’ll take an actual kiss to get it through their heads what’s happening, but I still have a hard time seeing how people can miss it. It is very much in your face on several occasions, particularly the shirtless scene, the Smut!Hut, and the elevator. It’s not subtle at all. If my fanboy friend can see it, I figured everyone could...
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by shii405 Mon 01 Jan 2018, 12:05 am

HAPPY NEW YEAR, REYLO FAM!!! Whatever people says, whichever direction TPTB takes Reylo, let's just have fun with Reylo stuff and let's make 2018 an awesome Reylo year!!
shii405
shii405
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Tue 02 Jan 2018, 7:26 am

shii405 wrote:HAPPY NEW YEAR, REYLO FAM!!! Whatever people says, whichever direction TPTB takes Reylo, let's just have fun with Reylo stuff and let's make 2018 an awesome Reylo year!!
@shii405

Thank you! Have a happy new year you too!!! I'm ok with that, to me TLJ was a Reylo fest.

Reylo Shippers Universe - Page 3 Happy_10

Happy New Year, Reylos!!! <3
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down