Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TLJ Press Tour (No Premiere/Screening Spoilers Allowed)

+66
californiagirl
KnightsofReylo_2015
Darth Dingbat
SanghaRen
adamdrivershair
Piper Maru
Gemlake
Moonlight13
Lovely_Rose
Xylo Ren
rawpowah
Lucina
Armadeus
Starliteprism
Anakin Skywalker
Kylo Men
nite0wl29
MindAndMagic
Lily Snape
RosiePancake
BenRey
Maria26
FrolickingFizzgig
LesCousinsDangereux
Geralt_Riv
Darth_marshmallow
Cowgirlsamurai
Casper
benorganasolo
SkyStar
panki
jakkusun
spacebaby45678
PalmettoBlue
Atenais
CienaRee
Irina de France
Reylo Lemon
ISeeAnIsland
snufkin
tukicarreno
Darth Rowan
SheLitAFire
liveinsummee
Rei of Sunshine
IoJovi
rey09
shii405
Night Huntress
EchoBase
reylo1992
nemapasara
bashfulblueeyes3
soulluos
Kylo Rey
Saracene
DarthRen
Kessel
SoloSideCousin
MrsWindu
vaderito
ZioRen
LadyHa
MyOnlyHope
Birdwoman
Darth_Awakened
70 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

TLJ Press Tour (No Premiere/Screening Spoilers Allowed) Empty TLJ Press Tour (No Premiere/Screening Spoilers Allowed)

Post by SheLitAFire Fri 20 Oct 2017, 5:25 pm

Should we have a specific press circuit thread now that we're getting closer & since they sometimes do partner/group interviews?
KMT posted on instagram yesterday that she spent the day with Disney to prep for the press circuit & publicity.
We could talk about individual or joint interviews & premieres here?
I'm excited to see a lot of them interviewed, but really interested in hearing from RJ more. Plus, I've been obsessed with late night talk shows (and Ellen! ) and red carpet interviews since I was like 12 haha

Last edited by SheLitAFire on Sat 09 Dec 2017, 1:14 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : changed title of thread)
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

TLJ Press Tour (No Premiere/Screening Spoilers Allowed) Empty Re: TLJ Press Tour (No Premiere/Screening Spoilers Allowed)

Post by ISeeAnIsland Fri 20 Oct 2017, 5:37 pm

Great idea! I think it'll be nice to have one central thread for all of the TLJ publicity interviews, rather than them being scattered throughout various threads.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

TLJ Press Tour (No Premiere/Screening Spoilers Allowed) Empty Re: TLJ Press Tour (No Premiere/Screening Spoilers Allowed)

Post by ISeeAnIsland Fri 20 Oct 2017, 6:49 pm

Rian Johnson interview with The Hollywood Reporter:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/star-wars-last-jedi-rian-johnson-luke-is-dark-1050514

This article got some attention earlier in the day because of the likely erroneous reporting that the recent BTS reel at Ireland Week showed Daisy, Mark, Oscar, and John all on the Skellig Michael set...but there were a few other interesting quotes that I thought were worth posting:

What do you think of the speculation surrounding the latest poster and has Luke gone over to the dark side?

Having been a Star Wars fan myself for the past 40 years, having spent most of my life on the other side of the curtain, I know the anticipation and the guesswork and theorizing is all part of the fun and game of it. So I love it. I love seeing what people are thinking, seeing what they’re guessing, seeing what they’re anticipating.

Part of it is re-contextualizing past movies. How does yours do that?

Each new film hopefully re-contextualizes what came before it. That’s part of the game. Yes, it’s a continuation of not only The Force Awakens but also of the legacy leading up to it.

And of course the third movie will be referencing your movie. Have there been any discussions?

J.J. Abrams is doing a third movie. I’m not involved in it. They’ll be writing their own story but continuing on with what we did.

(Nice dodge on the "dark Luke" question.)
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by shii405 Fri 20 Oct 2017, 8:02 pm

Thank you!! I was hoping for this thread to be made cause i do not want to miss any of the promo interviews. They will start press tour mid November i guess?
shii405
shii405
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by shii405 Fri 20 Oct 2017, 9:53 pm

This is from the SW Fan Meeting in Japan on September 11, last month. Rian Johnson attend and answered questions from fans.

In the beginning, Rian talked in Japanese "I'm sorry I do not speak Japanese, but I'm working on it"

First, questions from the MCs.
Q1: Three more months before the release, have you finished editing yet?
Q2: Is it okay for you to leave your work and come to Japan like this??
Q3: We heard that when Mark Hamill read the script he said "Many unexpected things in this movie" and Daisy said "The audience will be shocked." So, what kind of surprise you have in this movie? Please give us a hint.
Q4: How will Rey deal with the force and how will she use it?
Q5: There are rumors that she will turn to the Dark Side, what can you tell us about that?
Q6: When you were making this movie, were there any points that made you think "If we remove this element, then it will not be Star Wars anymore"

Questions from the media reporters.
Q1: What is the most important shot, the key shot in TLJ teaser?
Q2: You said there will be a huge surprise in this movie. The fact that Darth Vader is Luke Skywalker's father was the most shocking revelation in the series. Can we expect something more shocking than that in this movie?
Q3: I am interested to know how Kylo Ren will grow as a Dark force user, what kind of role he will have in this movie?
Q4: In behind the scenes video, you said you want this movie to surprise everyone. May I make a request for you to reveal one surprising information about the movie for the first time here in Japan?

Questions from the fans.
Q1: We are all very sad when Carrie Fisher passed away. What kind of conversation you had with her the last time you saw her?
Q2: We heard that the director of Episode IX has been removed, do you personally want to direct Episode IX?
Q3: When I watched TFA, I was shocked to see Han Solo's fate and I got a 40 degrees fever after that. You said this movie will be quite shocking for everyone, do you think it'll be okay for me to watch this in the movie theater? (I totally LOLed at this one)
shii405
shii405
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire Fri 20 Oct 2017, 11:14 pm

shii405 wrote:This is from the SW Fan Meeting in Japan on September 11, last month. Rian Johnson attend and answered questions from fans.

In the beginning, Rian talked in Japanese "I'm sorry I do not speak Japanese, but I'm working on it"

First, questions from the MCs.
Q1: Three more months before the release, have you finished editing yet?
Q2: Is it okay for you to leave your work and come to Japan like this??
Q3: We heard that when Mark Hamill read the script he said "Many unexpected things in this movie" and Daisy said "The audience will be shocked." So, what kind of surprise you have in this movie? Please give us a hint.
Q4: How will Rey deal with the force and how will she use it?
Q5: There are rumors that she will turn to the Dark Side, what can you tell us about that?
Q6: When you were making this movie, were there any points that made you think "If we remove this element, then it will not be Star Wars anymore"

Questions from the media reporters.
Q1: What is the most important shot, the key shot in TLJ teaser?
Q2: You said there will be a huge surprise in this movie. The fact that Darth Vader is Luke Skywalker's father was the most shocking revelation in the series. Can we expect something more shocking than that in this movie?
Q3: I am interested to know how Kylo Ren will grow as a Dark force user, what kind of role he will have in this movie?
Q4: In behind the scenes video, you said you want this movie to surprise everyone. May I make a request for you to reveal one surprising information about the movie for the first time here in Japan?

Questions from the fans.
Q1: We are all very sad when Carrie Fisher passed away. What kind of conversation you had with her the last time you saw her?
Q2: We heard that the director of Episode IX has been removed, do you personally want to direct Episode IX?
Q3: When I watched TFA, I was shocked to see Han Solo's fate and I got a 40 degrees fever after that. You said this movie will be quite shocking for everyone, do you think it'll be okay for me to watch this in the movie theater? (I totally LOLed at this one)
@shii405

Those are really great questions! Thanks for posting!! And in regard to your first post, I'm thinking late November. But there's been a debate on here about that lol
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire Thu 26 Oct 2017, 9:46 am

I'm going to leave these TLJ interviews from earlier this year here so we have them all documented in one place:

SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Thu 26 Oct 2017, 10:34 am

@SheLitAFire

Thank you for doing it!
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire Thu 26 Oct 2017, 10:40 am

Darth_Awakened wrote:@SheLitAFire

Thank you for doing it!
@Darth_Awakened

Of course! My brain craves organization! haha I'm sure there's a few more that I missed. I was just trying to post the longer ones that only focused on TLJ.
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by shii405 Thu 26 Oct 2017, 5:10 pm

Thank you!! Wasn't there a John-Kelly interview?
shii405
shii405
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno Thu 26 Oct 2017, 5:27 pm

When do you guys think they will start the press tour? After Thanksgiving or mid November? I think for TFA they started to do some TV cast interviews before Thanksgiving but I might be wrong..

Last edited by tukicarreno on Thu 26 Oct 2017, 7:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire Thu 26 Oct 2017, 7:01 pm

shii405 wrote:Thank you!! Wasn't there a John-Kelly interview?
@shii405

Yup! It's part of the 2nd video. Rian is in that one too.
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Thu 26 Oct 2017, 11:37 pm

God I miss Carrie, like I don't even care about whatever press they do for TLJ she won't be there subverting the whole asinine process

Carrie Fisher interview is why we will always love Carrie Fisher

Perhaps one of the greatest interviews Fisher ever gave was with Good Morning America in 2015, before the release of Star Wars: Episode VII – The Force Awakens. Fisher had reprised the role of Leia — now a general — in the film, and she turned its promotional tour into a one-woman standup comedy act with some help from her French bulldog, Gary.

“I'm a female in Hollywood over the age of, let's say 40, and then, we could also say 50,” she told GMA’s Amy Robach on how difficult it was to convince her to play Leia again. “You don't have to ask yourself if you want to work at that age."

After Robach showed Fisher a clip of her original Star Wars audition tape, noting that Fisher had said in the past that she doesn’t like watching herself, Fisher continued.

"I'm 19! Why wouldn't I like watching that?” Fisher said. “You like it less as you roll along. I can't say that to you,” she said, commenting on Robach’s appearance, “but people who are normal, that have other genes, other than yours ... they don't like it as much."

The two also discussed Fisher’s weight loss for the film — but only because Robach brought it up.

"I did lose weight, and I think it's a stupid conversation,” Fisher said, quickly shutting her down and flipping the script: "But you're so thin! Let's talk about it. How do you keep that going on? Do you exercise every day?”

By the end of the interview, Fisher had Robach and the entire GMA crew laughing in response to her sly, wry, and ultimately hilarious observations about sexism and ageism in Hollywood. Watching the clip again now offers just a small glimpse of the person Fisher was and the joy she brought to so many people — a joy even bigger than the storied movie franchise she was an integral part of.

"In 10 years from now I'm going to look at this and think how I didn't realize how good I look." And she talks about Debbie being in too poor health to promote her memoir :' (
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno Tue 14 Nov 2017, 8:18 am

It´ about time for the press tour right? Anyone knows when they start the promo? Maybe next week? I am impatient. Cannot wait to see all the cast together again with Rian and after that Adam/Daisy article I really hope they are paired up for some interviews! It would be so fun to watch!
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine Tue 14 Nov 2017, 8:43 am

I'm hoping anytime soon! It's a month away from TLJ, they'll be putting marketing to full blast, and we're surely gonna get interviews atleast 2 weeks before premier.
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire Tue 14 Nov 2017, 8:43 am

tukicarreno wrote:It´ about time for the press tour right? Anyone knows when they start the promo? Maybe next week? I am impatient. Cannot wait to see all the cast together again with Rian and after that Adam/Daisy article I really hope they are paired up for some interviews! It would be so fun to watch!
@tukicarreno

I've been diligently checking the talk show guest line up and I suspect not until the last week of November or early December (which is what I assumed all along). Nothing for this week or next week at least. They post upcoming guests about 2 weeks out. Although the Graham Norton show is harder to find upcoming guests. Only like a few episodes out.
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman Tue 14 Nov 2017, 10:01 am

My feeling is that right after Thanksgiving the press tour will start happening. So, next week is Thanksgiving....on Thursday.

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MyOnlyHope Tue 14 Nov 2017, 10:18 am

The press tour for TFA took place mostly in the two weeks leading up to the release, so the same will probably be true here. That means late November leading into early December.

I'm really hopeful that the Rey/Luke marketing was the early marketing and that it was mostly handled at SW celebration (Rey's expectations for Luke to rejoin the fight, his rejection/not living up to her expectations of him as this great hero, her abandonment issues resurfacing, and questions of how their relationship might develop from there). Nothing more can really be said on that front. Now the Rey/Kylo dynamic that's already being advertised in Japan (as well as the Finn/Rose dynamic) can take center stage here in the West.
MyOnlyHope
MyOnlyHope
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire Tue 14 Nov 2017, 10:35 am

Ideally, if you all were to choose who gets paired or grouped together for interviews what would you choose?
OR
What do you think Disney will choose? Predictions?
(I'm thinking back on Daisy, Oscar, John on Ellen; Daisy, Carrie, John on Graham Norton show; JJ, Adam, Carrie, John, Daisy on Jimmy Fallon (or Kimmel? I cant remember which one).

I also like the different dynamics of the talk show hosts so that factors into my ideas.
What I want/think:
Ellen show: John & Kelly
Graham Norton show: Rian, Daisy, Adam, Mark
Jimmy Fallon: Rian, Mark, Daisy, Adam, John
Stephen Colbert: Adam or Rian...or Mark
Conan: Daisy
Kelly & ? (Cant keep up with her cohosts haha): Daisy or John
Good Morning America: Rian, Daisy, Mark, Adam, John, Kelly (any or all)
James Cordon: Daisy
Jimmy Kimmel: Adam
Seth Meyers: John or Oscar
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyHa Tue 14 Nov 2017, 11:20 am

I wonder if they'll get anyone on SNL again. Matt the Radar Technician is one of their most watched videos and Disney somehow got Felicity Jones on there last season.
LadyHa
LadyHa
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France Tue 14 Nov 2017, 11:23 am

LadyHa wrote:I wonder if they'll get anyone on SNL again. Matt the Radar Technician is one of their most watched videos and Disney somehow got Felicity Jones on there last season.
@LadyHa

I want a SNL episode with John and Kelly. Make it happen.
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyHa Tue 14 Nov 2017, 11:31 am

Irina de France wrote:
LadyHa wrote:I wonder if they'll get anyone on SNL again. Matt the Radar Technician is one of their most watched videos and Disney somehow got Felicity Jones on there last season.
@LadyHa

I want a SNL episode with John and Kelly. Make it happen.
@Irina de France

It'd be great to see John or Daisy host with brief appearances by others, like Kelly, in the cast. SNL is a slave to ratings, so I can't predict who they'd pick. They might play it safe and go with Adam again, not that I'd complain.
LadyHa
LadyHa
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire Tue 14 Nov 2017, 11:47 am

@LadyHa

Ohhhh good point. Totally forgot about SNL. Yeah Kelly, John or Mark maybe
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Tue 14 Nov 2017, 11:54 am

John would be GREAT for SNL! He just has that sort of presence and confidence.

At this point, all I want is a good amount of interviews where both Adam and Daisy are present. The more they're together, the more hints we might get at Rey and Kylo's dynamic. I'm also just hoping Adam shows up at all and didn't manage to worm his way out of it somehow. Laughing

Last edited by ZioRen on Tue 14 Nov 2017, 11:55 am; edited 1 time in total
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Tue 14 Nov 2017, 11:55 am

ZioRen wrote:John would be GREAT for SNL! He just has that sort of presence and confidence.
@ZioRen

This. They have to make it happen.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next