Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews

+59
bashfulblueeyes3
Oscarborough-fairo
Nyx
cherrylipstick
Cowgirlsamurai
reylo1992
OrionStars
Blood Moon
Armadeus
Dar-ren19
LadyGaufrette
rawpowah
12 Parsnips
AcrosstheStars
spacebaby45678
Kyla Ren
Darth Dementor
MaddieDove
DeeBee
Sad Man
SanghaRen
KiraRen2015
Night Huntress
nemapasara
Maria26
motherofpearl1
Gemini
nickandnora
Krafty
tukicarreno
vaderito
giaciak2
MindAndMagic
SkyStar
special_cases
Saracene
AhsokaTano
Riri
snufkin
Lily Snape
Birdwoman
Kessel
rey09
justyou
SW_Heroine_Journey
loversinthestorm
Kylo Rey
ZioRen
Forsythia
FrolickingFizzgig
madeinmn
whisperingwillow
Lovely_Rose
Atenais
MrsWindu
Moonlight13
californiagirl
Teo oswald
SheLitAFire
63 posters

Page 1 of 27 1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 27  Next

Go down

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews Empty Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews

Post by SheLitAFire Sat 13 Apr 2019, 10:30 am

Hello friends, I was thinking it would be good to have a separate thread for all the press interviews we're starting to get and will get later this year before the premiere.

Post any interviews with cast members, JJ, or KK in here! Let's make it specifically about IX, and not just any interviews the actors might do for other projects. And like we did with TLJ, post any info about upcoming interviews when they start the major press tour in late November, I'm thinking? It was super handy last time!
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews Empty Re: Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews

Post by Teo oswald Sat 13 Apr 2019, 11:00 am

I hope I have done well

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews Tumblr_ppwfe0s8Ol1qgojgxo1_540
Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews Tumblr_ppwfe0s8Ol1qgojgxo2_540
you damn right Claps
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews Empty Re: Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews

Post by californiagirl Sat 13 Apr 2019, 11:02 am

I think KK mentioned planning the next 10 years of SW before, here's confirmation. Mentions both D&D and Rian. Quotes from JJ and the TROS cast.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/star-wars-disney-planning-decade-movies-rise-skywalker-120176
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Sat 13 Apr 2019, 1:13 pm

Not sure where to put this, but it's in the same vein as the above, with a break of 2-3 years after TROS. The interesting bit is how Rian and D&D are working closely together. Could movie far back or far forward in the timeline.

https://ew.com/movies/2019/04/13/lucasfilm-star-wars-movies-hiatus/
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 Sun 14 Apr 2019, 3:14 pm

Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Sun 14 Apr 2019, 3:34 pm

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews Tumblr_inline_ppx96wqtWh1rt7xin_540
if I hear of hope I think of the lord of the rings Smile and I think back to Leia and that's why I relax myself Smile

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews Tumblr_inline_ppx9d12f5P1rt7xin_540
we know that in the expanded universe there are clues to this, I unfortunately do not follow it
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire Sun 14 Apr 2019, 4:02 pm

I think most of these have been posted in other threads this weekend, but posting them here so we have them all organized into this thread for archival purposes.

SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Sun 14 Apr 2019, 4:07 pm

Yeah, they're in the spoilers thread, but you're right, they'll totally get buried there.

Realized nobody's put up the actual panel yet!!! Starts almost a half-hour in.

californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu Sun 14 Apr 2019, 4:21 pm

@SheLitAFire

I watched the Jakes Takes one just earlier and Daisy said something interesting about the ending. I don’t think this is the right thread to share it - so will post in a relevant one
MrsWindu
MrsWindu
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire Sun 14 Apr 2019, 4:49 pm

MrsWindu wrote:@SheLitAFire

I watched the Jakes Takes one just earlier and Daisy said something interesting about the ending. I don’t think this is the right thread to share it - so will post in a relevant one
@MrsWindu

Yeah, let me know when & where you post it. Idk if I saw that one!

SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Sun 14 Apr 2019, 5:07 pm

ahahah  I love JJ and John interaction

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews Tumblr_ppx5t3cy6x1y0o31io1_540

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews Tumblr_ppx5t3cy6x1y0o31io2_540

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews Tumblr_ppx5t3cy6x1y0o31io3_540

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews Tumblr_ppx5t3cy6x1y0o31io4_540

JJ and John during an interview at Star Wars Celebration | 4/12/19

tumblr: jazzisobel
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Sun 14 Apr 2019, 8:30 pm

Teo oswald wrote:ahahah  I love JJ and John interaction

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews Tumblr_ppx5t3cy6x1y0o31io1_540

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews Tumblr_ppx5t3cy6x1y0o31io2_540

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews Tumblr_ppx5t3cy6x1y0o31io3_540

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews Tumblr_ppx5t3cy6x1y0o31io4_540

JJ and John during an interview at Star Wars Celebration | 4/12/19

tumblr: jazzisobel
@Teo oswald

He's so adorable.
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovely_Rose Sun 14 Apr 2019, 9:35 pm

The interview with Daisy is up. Essentially she says she can't get totally behind it "personally" because antis are talking about how toxic it is and that he's killed people... but who knows about the future.

https://twitter.com/sithreepio_/status/1117616123996803074

Lovely_Rose
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by whisperingwillow Sun 14 Apr 2019, 9:39 pm

@Lovely_Rose

Oh, this is going to be fun....

I talked to some people off and on about this since her interview in China and this is the least surprising thing to me being totally honest.
whisperingwillow
whisperingwillow

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovely_Rose Sun 14 Apr 2019, 9:44 pm

I'm not going to get on her about her personal opinion, but it sounds like she's let internet rhetoric get to her a little. Despite this she's not denying that there won't be a relationship as she did with Rey/Finn and Rey/Poe, so that's something.

Lovely_Rose
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Sun 14 Apr 2019, 9:48 pm

Even if she's personally not 100% on board, she's talked about how happy and comfortable she was on set and how great JJ and Terrio are. And she mostly said she didn't know how to feel, and basically wouldn't take a side. It really doesn't sound like it was that traumatic to her. And this early on, she can't be too blatant or enthusiastic or it might give too much away. There's really only so much she can do right now.

Last edited by californiagirl on Sun 14 Apr 2019, 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by whisperingwillow Sun 14 Apr 2019, 9:49 pm

@Lovely_Rose

She did. She doesn't deny it just that because it is so tricky and that Kylo did bad stuff and people have issues with it she can't get behind it. She said in another interview she gave her opinion on it to JJ but we know from Mark they don't much care about what the actors fully want. It will be interesting to see and we have the spoilers that are Reylo related but that still sucks for the ugliness Reylo fans are going to get thrown at them.
whisperingwillow
whisperingwillow

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovely_Rose Sun 14 Apr 2019, 9:51 pm

And a reminder that the GMA interview will be out tomorrow morning where she says Reylo will be explored in greater depth. At the end of the day while she's not on board that has little to do with what will actually happen in the story. Despite what she says she still does a hell of a job in her scenes with Adam.

Lovely_Rose
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by madeinmn Sun 14 Apr 2019, 10:00 pm

I love Daisy, but I am not going to lie when I read that she gave JJ her thoughts on Rey/Kylo, I had a sinking feeling. JJ is going to do what he is going to do, we saw that with Rian and TLJ but the last few years we have seen a lot of discord of the toxicity thing and the me-too movement. And yeah, this will make it unbearable for Reylo's for sure. I mean, this IS a fairy-tale and all, and the story being told has magical/mystical elements, so I personally never understood the "toxic masculinity" thing.

madeinmn
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovely_Rose Sun 14 Apr 2019, 10:03 pm

JJ isn't going to change the outcome because of what she said about the relationship. At most Kylo might grovel a little bit more before he's able to get with Rey, but spoilers are already out that signals the romance being there.

I'm only annoyed that the anti's will be on our backs again, but at this point what else is new. Just ride the wave until we're proven right.

Lovely_Rose
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire Sun 14 Apr 2019, 10:05 pm

Lovely_Rose wrote:The interview with Daisy is up. Essentially she says she can't get totally behind it "personally" because antis are talking about how toxic it is and that he's killed people... but who knows about the future.

@Lovely_Rose

whisperingwillow wrote:@Lovely_Rose

She did. She doesn't deny it just that because it is so tricky and that Kylo did bad stuff and people have issues with it she can't get behind it. She said in another interview she gave her opinion on it to JJ but we know from Mark they don't much care about what the actors fully want. It will be interesting to see and we have the spoilers that are Reylo related but that still sucks for the ugliness Reylo fans are going to get thrown at them.
@whisperingwillow

kinda spoilerish:
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by whisperingwillow Sun 14 Apr 2019, 10:09 pm

SheLitAFire wrote:
Lovely_Rose wrote:The interview with Daisy is up. Essentially she says she can't get totally behind it "personally" because antis are talking about how toxic it is and that he's killed people... but who knows about the future.

@Lovely_Rose

whisperingwillow wrote:@Lovely_Rose

@whisperingwillow

more spoilerish-read at your own risk:
@SheLitAFire

TBH I think what Daisy really wants with regards to Reylo or the movie doesn't matter. We learned that through Mark. JJ is going to do what JJ is going to do. If that is romantic Reylo or just friends at the end Reylo that is what is going to happen.

She was liking them on instagram but in the end I think the internet got to her.
whisperingwillow
whisperingwillow

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Sun 14 Apr 2019, 10:15 pm

She's answering from the perspective of the end of The Last Jedi, that's all. Nothing really noteworthy to see here. She basically just says she can't get behind it because of Kylo's behaviour in the first two films but that maybe there's redemption (for Ben and for their relationship) and maybe the next film explores that. Code for "yes, it explores that".

One of the big rules of the SW fandom is that actor opinions do not matter. They don't impact anything (see: John Boyega, see: Mark Hamill). Ultimately the story is only written by the directors/writers and the actors are allowed to have whatever perspectives they want. Even if Daisy was saying that she hated Kylo with the passion of 1000 suns and shipped Rey with BB8 (which isn't what she said), it wouldn't matter.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire Sun 14 Apr 2019, 10:19 pm

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:She's answering from the perspective of the end of The Last Jedi, that's all.
@FrolickingFizzgig

exactly!
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsythia Sun 14 Apr 2019, 10:23 pm

I'm not sure what to think of it. On one hand, I don't know why she would use the word "toxic" if Reylo happens in the film because that seems like bad PR (shouldn't she try to warm up people to the idea?), on the other hand she says maybe there's redemption, and if there was no Reylo in the film, she could have just denied it like she did with Finnrey.
Forsythia
Forsythia
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 27 1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 27  Next