Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors

+74
PalmettoBlue
Teo oswald
cherrylipstick
EchoBase
MrsWindu
TheBastardofMandalore
Reylo Lemon
Gemini
reylo1992
BenSoloLives
MoonFyre
Darth Dingbat
Rei of Sunshine
liveinsummee
Darth_marshmallow
Armadeus
cnunn
cirelle
RKR Connection
Darth Rowan
soulluos
Helix
Kylo Men
grimbergen
Mana
snowqueen6
nonesuch
MeadowofAshes
GiGiMarie
TheLastJedi
MindAndMagic
Moonjump05
reylodownlo
LadyHa
Kessel
AceofWands
ReyofLightSide
nite0wl29
ThereThere
ZephyrStrife
Nimbus002
Nyx
Darth_Awakened
rawpowah
ZioRen
benorganasolo
SheLitAFire
AnneNeville
BenRey
asterism
whisperingwillow
MyOnlyHope
FrolickingFizzgig
RosiePancake
panki
keelyshea24
Krafty
AcrosstheStars
Chris24601
teltaru
motherofpearl1
vaderito
Kylo Rey
Birdwoman
Night Huntress
Blackcanary
special_cases
Cowgirlsamurai
Saracene
Meomeo
Piper Maru
DarthRen
Ynqve
SkyStar
78 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors Empty Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors

Post by SkyStar Tue 12 Dec 2017, 6:00 am

Hux totally will be pissed. He is too ambitious and probably was waiting to kill Snoke himself and then become the leader. And even with that Kylo manages to do that first. Dunno how they can coexist at all.

Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors Tumblr_p0tixwPNNG1vj8ggto1_r1_540
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors Empty Re: Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors

Post by Ynqve Tue 12 Dec 2017, 6:01 am

RosiePancake wrote:
Ynqve wrote:
panki wrote:
Ynqve wrote:
special_cases wrote:
Not only Kylo, Rey is unworthy unless she is a Skywalker. It shows you they care more about OT characters than they do about the new characters. It has to follow a certain pattern, if not, then it's a garbage. Fans needs to be more open-minded about different stories and characters. They call it destruction of SW lore, edgy and Rian's own fiction. When Adam said that Rian hopes fans can understand ambiguity and nuance, I knew some people will get angry at him.

@DarthRen

Their behaviour is completely ridiculous, just total nonsense. I didn't expect it, such close-mindedness is simply idiotic. They are perfectly aware that there were different options for Rey - and now they are crying like somebody really lied to them!

ManaByte even tweeted: "#TheLastJedi has, I believe, a very important message for Star Wars fandom and the gatekeeping that’s polluting it."

Unexpected, but wise.
@special_cases

To be fair, I can understand where they're coming from. The OT characters went through a lot to stop the empire and the old EU provided them with much happier endings. Luke had Mara Jade and his family and rebuilt the Jedi order. Han and Leia may have lost both their sons but their marriage was much happier and the new republic was way less dysfunctional than the canon version.

With that said: I'm glad they decided to rewrite the new canon and the fanboys should accept that maybe the Legends version was a bit too naive and optimistic. The new canon feels more realistic imo. And nothing justifies the vitriol that these so called fans display towards Rian, KK and LF.
@Ynqve

I have to admit I feel for the antis to some extent since I grew up loving the OT...but they shouldn't act in such an uncouth manner.

A good way to see it through their eyes would be this- imagine that Reylo happens and they get married and have kids (and all of us on the forum laugh and celebrate it)....but in 10 years from now, LF releases a sequel where Rey and Kylo were never really happy together, Kylo is aimless and roaming the galaxy taking up dubious assignments and finally their child kills him. I doubt any of us would feel comfortable with it either.

Many of these are people who waited from the 80's to see the OT3 return so I completely get the sadness. What is unacceptable if how they express their feelings by threatening people....its just a movie at the end of the day.
@panki

Exactly. I love the OT3 and the way that TFA rewrote Han and Leia's relationship made me so sad. I'm hoping that they somehow find a way to keep Leia alive but out of IX so that she can have her Reylo grandkids. She deserves some happiness after everything that's happened to her.
@Ynqve

I remember that Bloodlines novel and Comic already gave a hint of Reylo's daughter.
@RosiePancake

Yes. They've made it really clear that Leia wants grandchildren. She wanted them since the moment Ben was born. And she deserves it, at this point her story is so utterly tragic. Everything and everyone she's fought for is gone. She has lost her parents, planet, friends, husband, brother, the new republic, probably the Resistance and she seems to believe that her son is as good as dead as well. It's heartbreaking.
Ynqve
Ynqve
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors Empty Re: Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors

Post by DarthRen Tue 12 Dec 2017, 6:03 am

RosiePancake wrote:
Ynqve wrote:
panki wrote:
Ynqve wrote:
special_cases wrote:
Not only Kylo, Rey is unworthy unless she is a Skywalker. It shows you they care more about OT characters than they do about the new characters. It has to follow a certain pattern, if not, then it's a garbage. Fans needs to be more open-minded about different stories and characters. They call it destruction of SW lore, edgy and Rian's own fiction. When Adam said that Rian hopes fans can understand ambiguity and nuance, I knew some people will get angry at him.

@DarthRen

Their behaviour is completely ridiculous, just total nonsense. I didn't expect it, such close-mindedness is simply idiotic. They are perfectly aware that there were different options for Rey - and now they are crying like somebody really lied to them!

ManaByte even tweeted: "#TheLastJedi has, I believe, a very important message for Star Wars fandom and the gatekeeping that’s polluting it."

Unexpected, but wise.
@special_cases

To be fair, I can understand where they're coming from. The OT characters went through a lot to stop the empire and the old EU provided them with much happier endings. Luke had Mara Jade and his family and rebuilt the Jedi order. Han and Leia may have lost both their sons but their marriage was much happier and the new republic was way less dysfunctional than the canon version.

With that said: I'm glad they decided to rewrite the new canon and the fanboys should accept that maybe the Legends version was a bit too naive and optimistic. The new canon feels more realistic imo. And nothing justifies the vitriol that these so called fans display towards Rian, KK and LF.
@Ynqve

I have to admit I feel for the antis to some extent since I grew up loving the OT...but they shouldn't act in such an uncouth manner.

A good way to see it through their eyes would be this- imagine that Reylo happens and they get married and have kids (and all of us on the forum laugh and celebrate it)....but in 10 years from now, LF releases a sequel where Rey and Kylo were never really happy together, Kylo is aimless and roaming the galaxy taking up dubious assignments and finally their child kills him. I doubt any of us would feel comfortable with it either.

Many of these are people who waited from the 80's to see the OT3 return so I completely get the sadness. What is unacceptable if how they express their feelings by threatening people....its just a movie at the end of the day.
@panki

Exactly. I love the OT3 and the way that TFA rewrote Han and Leia's relationship made me so sad. I'm hoping that they somehow find a way to keep Leia alive but out of IX so that she can have her Reylo grandkids. She deserves some happiness after everything that's happened to her.
@Ynqve

I remember that Bloodlines novel and Comic already gave a hint of Reylo's daughter.
@RosiePancake

That was more of a wish and Leia's fate is questionable. She is alive but won't be in the next episode. Quite a dilemma.

Personally, kids are at this point debatable. Rey seems like will be a Jedi, depends on if she follows Luke's code, presumably he'll be teaching her in Episode IX.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru Tue 12 Dec 2017, 6:08 am

Ever since I've read the spoilers, my musical taste became trash and I'm listening these 3 songs on repeat and thinking about Rey and Kylo:

Laughing
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Saracene Tue 12 Dec 2017, 6:12 am

If Rey ends TLJ being angry with Kylo, I predict right now that, at some point in Episode IX, there'll be a "lady doth protest too much" moment from Rey that someone else in the Resistance will notice.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Tue 12 Dec 2017, 6:22 am

Meomeo wrote:I hope Luke will appear in Episode IX as the powerful force ghost and teach the new generation of Jedi. Seriously at this point a Reylo kid is out of my imagination. I only see tragedy from here. I just hope they don’t shove a new love interest for Rey into our face. Like Poe is a good character but NOPE please.
@Meomeo

It's Kylo or nobody since Rey could be a dedicated Jedi like Luke. Poe option is imo not viable option. It would be like romance for the sake of romance.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Tue 12 Dec 2017, 6:26 am

I want to know if Adam plays young Ben in the flashbacks or if it’s a kid? Anyone said?
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Ynqve Tue 12 Dec 2017, 6:36 am

Cowgirlsamurai wrote:I want to know if Adam plays young Ben in the flashbacks or if it’s a kid? Anyone said?
@Cowgirlsamurai

One would think so since the timeline established by Bloodline says that he turned in his early/mid 20s.
Ynqve
Ynqve
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases Tue 12 Dec 2017, 6:39 am

special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar Tue 12 Dec 2017, 6:51 am

@special_cases

Haha fun review, I am loving that the person thinks Kylo and Rey make a good couple and lol that scene with Kylo firing at Luke, now that will be something, I am imagining Kylo loosing his sith. Very Happy

Last edited by SkyStar on Tue 12 Dec 2017, 6:54 am; edited 1 time in total
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Tue 12 Dec 2017, 6:53 am

@special_cases

This is hilarious. Laughing

Throughout the movie, he’s dealing with so much internal conflict that I’m beginning to feel like this is a premise of rom-com movie where Kylo is at crossroads choosing someone he wants to spend his whole life with. wrote:

The guy who’s famous with the line “it’s a trap” makes a brief appearance, sadly. The only reason I recognised Admiral Ackbar is because of all those memes, to be honest. wrote:

At this point, the audience claps and cheers in excitement again because Luke looks very bada**. General Hux on the other hand looks very annoyed at the emotionally unstable Kylo Ren who is distracted from their main goal. Honestly, I was annoyed at Kylo too, at this point. It's highly visible that he needs to consult a psyciathrist to talk about his daddy issues. wrote:
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Ynqve Tue 12 Dec 2017, 6:59 am

So according to that review I guess we can throw the whole "Reylo is going to be too subtle for the GA" thing out the window? Good!
Ynqve
Ynqve
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackcanary Tue 12 Dec 2017, 7:03 am

Ynqve wrote:So according to that review I guess we can throw the whole "Reylo is going to be too subtle for the GA" thing out the window? Good!
@Ynqve

They seemed to be shipping it a bit!

Blackcanary
Blackcanary
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Tue 12 Dec 2017, 7:08 am

@special_cases

This review could have been written by my husband! Laughing
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Tue 12 Dec 2017, 7:09 am

Ynqve wrote:
Cowgirlsamurai wrote:I want to know if Adam plays young Ben in the flashbacks or if it’s a kid? Anyone said?
@Cowgirlsamurai

One would think so since the timeline established by Bloodline says that he turned in his early/mid 20s.
@Ynqve

I wasn’t sure if they thought Adam could play himself even younger or if they actually got a similar looking (if such a person exists! Laughing) 20 year old to stand in for flashbacks.
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman Tue 12 Dec 2017, 7:09 am

So is Like really dead or maybe dead?

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases Tue 12 Dec 2017, 7:10 am

I want to read more reviews where hints are obvious. I read rather very uncreative review where "Emo Kylo" is a "bad" part of TlJ. Evil or Very Mad
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Tue 12 Dec 2017, 7:12 am

Birdwoman wrote:So is Like really dead or maybe dead?
@Birdwoman

What do you mean? Luke? Snoke? One is entirely dead cut in-half and the other become even more powerful Jedi.

Last edited by DarthRen on Tue 12 Dec 2017, 7:17 am; edited 1 time in total
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru Tue 12 Dec 2017, 7:14 am

Birdwoman wrote:So is Like really dead or maybe dead?
@Birdwoman

It's more like he ascended to a higher plane of existence.
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases Tue 12 Dec 2017, 7:22 am

God, I love that so many fanboys are talking about Adam's perfomance. Makes me so happy.
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Tue 12 Dec 2017, 7:29 am

I can now understand why Mark had disagreements with Rian Johnson. Luke attempting or even thinking about killing Ben in his sleep is messed up, very weird choice given how much Luke believed in Anakin being still alive.

I have to see to really judge it, but this will upset many people no matter where they stand in terms of Reylo or Rey's parentage. Luke's projection will be fine, it sounds truly beautiful but that part is really going to be debated heavily post-TLJ.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey Tue 12 Dec 2017, 7:36 am

Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors Img_0139

Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors Img_0140

All aboard the Kylo bandwagon!!

I legitimately gasped when I saw this one. Really impressive, considering David Ehrlich is a very harsh critic and didn't like TFA:

david ehrlich
@davidehrlich
THE LAST JEDI is f****ing phenomenal. I didn't even think I *could* like a Star Wars movie that much.
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next