Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The (crack?) spoiler scorecard thread for TLJ

+18
rawpowah
IoJovi
snufkin
SkyStar
Birdwoman
Starliteprism
RosiePancake
SoloSideCousin
Kessel
ZioRen
teltaru
ReyofLightSide
vaderito
AceofWands
DarthRen
Darth Dingbat
Darth_Awakened
ISeeAnIsland
22 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The (crack?) spoiler scorecard thread for TLJ  Empty The (crack?) spoiler scorecard thread for TLJ

Post by ISeeAnIsland Fri 15 Dec 2017, 11:08 pm

@vaderito, this thread is for you. Wink

I wanted to start a thread to track the random spoilers and "leaks" that we got for TLJ that turned out to be accurate (at least on some level). I figure that these random reddit users, etc, might be ones to keep eyes on over the next two years as we gear up for IX.

* There were two random users over on That Other Forum with merch ties who, months ago, said that they'd seen promo shots indicating that at some point, BB-8 would drive a walker. (Who ever would have thought that that one end up being one of the accurate tidbits???)

* The guy on reddit who had the grip friend named "Mike" who was the first to break the news about the Supremacy crashing. Obviously, there were a lot of inaccurate details in his report, but this was also the first place that we'd heard that the Supremacy was going down.

* MSW was pretty inaccurate this time around on non-merch stuff, although they nailed the bit about Finn and Rose going undercover on a star destroyer. (e.g. Whatever happened to Rey fighting a sea monster? Luke tells Rey she has to kill Kylo, but she doesn't want to?)
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The (crack?) spoiler scorecard thread for TLJ  Empty Re: The (crack?) spoiler scorecard thread for TLJ

Post by Darth_Awakened Sat 16 Dec 2017, 5:22 am

ISeeAnIsland wrote:@vaderito, this thread is for you. Wink

I wanted to start a thread to track the random spoilers and "leaks" that we got for TLJ that turned out to be accurate (at least on some level). I figure that these random reddit users, etc, might be ones to keep eyes on over the next two years as we gear up for IX.

* There were two random users over on That Other Forum with merch ties who, months ago, said that they'd seen promo shots indicating that at some point, BB-8 would drive a walker. (Who ever would have thought that that one end up being one of the accurate tidbits???)

* The guy on reddit who had the grip friend named "Mike" who was the first to break the news about the Supremacy crashing. Obviously, there were a lot of inaccurate details in his report, but this was also the first place that we'd heard that the Supremacy was going down.

* MSW was pretty inaccurate this time around on non-merch stuff, although they nailed the bit about Finn and Rose going undercover on a star destroyer. (e.g. Whatever happened to Rey fighting a sea monster? Luke tells Rey she has to kill Kylo, but she doesn't want to?)
@ISeeAnIsland

Thank you for this thread! You know how much I love this as well.

- The moment I saw BB 8 on the top of the walker - I laughed like crazy to myself.

- Not to mention Bothan Spy - who was 100% accurate. He actually brought in the most important scene of TLJ with the exploding hut rumor - and I can clearly see now The Mouse shaking in rage at that very moment.
Also, the headcanons that Reylos upgraded on the hut rumor were also 100% accurate than any of us dared to believe at the time: the forbidden fruit and the angry God!

- The crashing Supremacy - yes I agree, it had some truth in it.

- On the flip side: Gangsta rap guy and his socks - Rolling Eyes

Now speaking of MSW - *tinfoil hat on*: I really do believe that someone framed Jason with the infamous Irish report (was it The Mouse or some enraged fan that couldn't forgive him "A Luke cameo from pre TFA days" I can't tell. ). I honestly feel sorry for Mr. Jason "Reylo" Ward.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The (crack?) spoiler scorecard thread for TLJ  Empty Re: The (crack?) spoiler scorecard thread for TLJ

Post by Darth Dingbat Sat 16 Dec 2017, 6:01 am

^ It wasn't just Jason who was fooled by similar reports from different sources, which makes me suspect false leaks from Lucasfilm. I remember there was this Australian woman (podcaster?) whose name always escapes me and who said she'd seen the script. I seem to remember her confirming the KOR fight.

(Meanwhile, we were right all along, heh. Kylo didn't want revenge on Rey at all.)
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Sat 16 Dec 2017, 6:02 am

There were also things like "harbinger of doom" or whatever it was, and "Kylo fell in Rey's place", and what not... things that would have actually capitalised on the fated "raw powah" connection.

Ah well. Lost potential, right there.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Sat 16 Dec 2017, 6:09 am

Darth Dingbat wrote:There were also things like "harbinger of doom" or whatever it was, and "Kylo fell in Rey's place", and what not... things that would have actually capitalised on the fated "raw powah" connection.

Ah well. Lost potential, right there.
@Darth Dingbat

You know, no movie can live up to fans headcanons and expectations. Beyond redemption, good guys wins and Rey starts Jedi order everything is in the motion.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Sat 16 Dec 2017, 6:11 am

Darth Dingbat wrote:^ It wasn't just Jason who was fooled by similar reports from different sources, which makes me suspect false leaks from Lucasfilm. I remember there was this Australian woman (podcaster?) whose name always escapes me and who said she'd seen the script. I seem to remember her confirming the KOR fight.

(Meanwhile, we were right all along, heh. Kylo didn't want revenge on Rey at all.)
@Darth Dingbat

WOW. I totally forgot about the Australian woman.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AceofWands Sat 16 Dec 2017, 6:18 am

There was that rumour that Luke tells Rey to kill Kylo.

I always said it wasn't true. Nooooo! Luke would never do that.

It would have been a rehash and would really mar Luke's character in my opinion. And it was in the same report that Luke took his green lightsaber and killed all the Knights of Ren.

I don't know about the rumours from Ireland, if they were planted. They were visual witnesses, and I think they got things confused and embellished them.

Another option was that the production wanted to trick onlookers. There was a picture of Kylo with his mask, I clearly remember it, for instance.

Some things were just confusion. There was the report about wires, for example, and that someone would fall in the water, and I think that was Luke moving from place to place and fishing.

Another report that might have been a confusion was Rey and Kylo fighting by a cliff. Rey fights Luke by a cliff. It's not with lightsabers, but onlookers wouldn't have known.

AceofWands
AceofWands
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sat 16 Dec 2017, 6:55 am

I don't have links but I remember that BS Evil Luke crackpot that says that Luke calls a lightning from the sky. Turns out, Yoda did that! So the guy either made a lucky guess albeit with the wrong player, or he's heard something but mixed up characters. But fair enough, lightning from the sky was in the movie.

I also think that there's no Rey fighting a Sea Monster. MSW must have seen an image of Rey with Sloth Anakin and thought she would fight it. She had her cape in that scene like Jason described.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Sat 16 Dec 2017, 9:15 am

I was also laughing like crazy when Yoda burnt tree by thinking of Jason saying: I think it's Kylo. Bad guys always burns the trees. LOL
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Sat 16 Dec 2017, 11:48 am

That early Latino Review spoiler was dead-on... The one where Poe pulls a gun on Holdo/incites a mutiny after Leia is "gravely injured".

The only "miss" by Bothan Spy was Finn chopping off Phasma's arm...but I recall that even he was skeptical that it would make it into the final cut as-is.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide Sat 16 Dec 2017, 12:03 pm

Remember these?

-Leia in a coma: Happened
-Leia uses the Force to help herself: Happened
-Fight on a cliff in the rain: Partially true, it was Rey and Luke
ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by teltaru Sat 16 Dec 2017, 12:50 pm

So, what about this guy? Relevant, because he dropped a couple of "hints" about IX too.

teltaru
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Sat 16 Dec 2017, 1:02 pm

teltaru wrote:So, what about this guy? Relevant, because he dropped a couple of "hints" about IX too.
@teltaru

Sounds vague. Snoke's story not finished, Kylo the villain and loneliness will be key to him, then on the question if he dies - it's Disney. Honestly if it'll come to that. I'll be dissapointed.

The first leak also too vague and Rey bringing the balance, withinherself, using dark side on luke was wrong or cutted out as he seems to think.

Only thing I like that seems realistic, quite a few years. 5 to 10 maybe but where would this leave Reylo? Also, sons and their mothers comment to Kylo/Ben and Leia.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by teltaru Sat 16 Dec 2017, 1:09 pm

DarthRen wrote:
teltaru wrote:So, what about this guy? Relevant, because he dropped a couple of "hints" about IX too.
@teltaru

Sounds vague. Snoke's story not finished, Kylo the villain and loneliness will be key to him, then on the question if he dies - it's Disney. Honestly if it'll come to that. I'll be dissapointed.

Only thing I like that seems realistic, quite a few years. 5 to 10 maybe but where would this leave Reylo?
@DarthRen

I took the Disney answer to mean he survives, as they mention in another post that it seems the door will be left open for the lineage to continue should Disney want that in the future. You're right, it's vague, but there's some truth to what they said a year ago. Lucky guess? Perhaps.

teltaru
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Sat 16 Dec 2017, 1:11 pm

teltaru wrote:
DarthRen wrote:
@teltaru

Only thing I like that seems realistic, quite a few years. 5 to 10 maybe but where would this leave Reylo?
@DarthRen

I took the Disney answer to mean he survives, as they mention in another post that it seems the door will be left open for the lineage to continue should Disney want that in the future. You're right, it's vague, but there's some truth to what they said a year ago. Lucky guess? Perhaps.
@teltaru

You mean this: Think Hamlet meets Disney - that's what he wrote for him. Is it supposed to mean death or survival?

Disney has no problems with killing villains but maybe only Kylo dies, Ben lives. Just hope we don't get Kylo and Rey platonic ending "May the Force be with you" or stuff.

He seems like too vague and generic in many ways.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Sat 16 Dec 2017, 1:16 pm

One thing's for sure: nobody leaked the thing with Luke considering killing Kylo in his sleep. Though to be fair, the art book said that was one of the last things incorporated into the story so that may be why.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by teltaru Sat 16 Dec 2017, 1:32 pm

DarthRen wrote:
teltaru wrote:
DarthRen wrote:
@teltaru

@DarthRen

@teltaru

You mean this: Think Hamlet meets Disney - that's what he wrote for him. Is it supposed to mean death or survival?

Disney has no problems with killing villains but maybe only Kylo dies, Ben lives. Just hope we don't get Kylo and Rey platonic ending "May the Force be with you" or stuff.

He seems like too vague and generic in many ways.
@DarthRen

No, I mean this:
"Oh I have absolutely no Idea what Disney plans to do with that. From what I know now there is enough room for any scenario after IX if they really wish."

teltaru
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Sat 16 Dec 2017, 8:38 pm

@teltaru

That's interesting... Especially given that JJ was supposed to have just pitched his story treatment for IX in the past day or two.

Count me as one of the few who doesn't want a big time jump between TLJ and IX. Some breathing space, sure, but given Hux's clear suspicions and Ben's emotional breakdown at the end of TLJ, I don't think that Ben was set up to be Renporer over the long haul.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Sun 17 Dec 2017, 2:00 am

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@teltaru

That's interesting... Especially given that JJ was supposed to have just pitched his story treatment for IX in the past day or two.

Count me as one of the few who doesn't want a big time jump between TLJ and IX. Some breathing space, sure, but given Hux's clear suspicions and Ben's emotional breakdown at the end of TLJ, I don't think that Ben was set up to be Renporer over the long haul.
@ISeeAnIsland

Tbh I can see Renperor being for the long haul and Kylo doing a good job, but be miserable and unfullfiled.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Sun 17 Dec 2017, 3:20 am

Talking about the timeline, I still wonder if Rey will be the same age (23) that Luke and Anakin were in the last episodes of the OT and PT. That would be a four year time jump and Kylo would be 33-34 years old.

It's a little long (imo). I'd prefer 1-2 years.
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Sun 17 Dec 2017, 4:10 am

Kessel wrote:Talking about the timeline, I still wonder if Rey will be the same age (23) that Luke and Anakin were in the last episodes of the OT and PT. That would be a four year time jump and Kylo would be 33-34 years old.

It's a little long (imo). I'd prefer 1-2 years.
@Kessel

That vague dude on subreddit said quite a few years. I think minimum 1 year but likely up to 5 or so, to make separation really significant and show changes. Both have to change in some ways.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide Wed 20 Dec 2017, 10:14 pm

I remember commenting on a crack spoiler of Rey's parents: "Going back to the spoiler of Rey's parents trading her for a ship- daaaaaamn that's harsh but it is to the point."

It was a pretty close spoiler! They sold her for drinkin' money. That's even worse!

Last edited by ReyofLightSide on Wed 20 Dec 2017, 10:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Wed 20 Dec 2017, 10:33 pm

We (correctly) figured out that Poe was getting demoted from a leaked Lego box.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Wed 20 Dec 2017, 11:25 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@teltaru

@ISeeAnIsland

I don't want some massive time jump either. Talk about losing momentum. :-(

What gives this guy any credibility? What did he predict in the past?
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Wed 20 Dec 2017, 11:31 pm

SoloSideCousin wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@teltaru

@ISeeAnIsland

I don't want some massive time jump either. Talk about losing momentum. :-(

What gives this guy any credibility? What did he predict in the past?
@SoloSideCousin

He knew a bit about the Rey/Luke fight last year...but the details are actually pretty off. That's the only thing that I can find, though.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starwarsspeculation/comments/5kaz5z/a_late_christmas_present/

Given that JJ just turned in the first treatment, I am hoping that this person isn't as close to production as he made it seem.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next